PDA

View Full Version : Tips sparkles?

swansoda
04-25-14, 04:06 PM
I keep having tips sparkles on my units, but I don't see user's names in my news feed as leaving tips. I have a couple neighbors in my news feed that stop by regularly, and then I'll get a couple random names once in a while. But it seems like every time I open the game after an hour or so, I've got sparkles.

It's like are people leaving me tips and they're name is not showing up in my news feed? (I just deleted a bunch of neighbors that I've tipped everyday or so and I never see their names in my feed, cause I feel it's so freakin' unfair to take tips and not tip back and makes no sense to constantly leave tips when you're not getting tipped).

EmmaLedger95
04-25-14, 07:26 PM
I think that there are probably several reasons for this. Not everyone has a great internet connection and farms can freeze when trying to visit. I visit my neighbors every day but take this morning for example, my internet was lagging and I kept getting kicked out, so I had to go back later to some of my people and tip and leave messages. Also, not every player has the time or perhaps even likes the social aspect of the game. I do, but I also love that I don't have to bug Facebook friends with it like FarmVille. I don't take it personally if people don't tip back or leave messages, but that's just me. I think in the forum you can find the really active players who specify visiting and tipping daily. I hope you find some neighbors more suitable to your playing style.

ciarjen
04-26-14, 02:50 AM
I keep having tips sparkles on my units, but I don't see user's names in my news feed as leaving tips. I have a couple neighbors in my news feed that stop by regularly, and then I'll get a couple random names once in a while. But it seems like every time I open the game after an hour or so, I've got sparkles.

It's like are people leaving me tips and they're name is not showing up in my news feed? (I just deleted a bunch of neighbors that I've tipped everyday or so and I never see their names in my feed, cause I feel it's so freakin' unfair to take tips and not tip back and makes no sense to constantly leave tips when you're not getting tipped).

I have 471 neighbours so there is no way I would visit all their farms and tip. In my opinion, you need as many neighbours as you can get in this game so deleting them is not a good idea. More neighbours means more people who will buy from your shop and also more people for you to buy from to fulfill plane/train orders and this is invaluable when you are working against the clock or need to find one item in particular to free up the space in your barn.

I think people generally leave tips when they buy from you in the newspaper. I always visit a farm I buy from because usually they have something else I want (particularly if they are selling parts/permits) and then I tip when I do.

swansoda
04-29-14, 06:04 PM
Umm, ok, not sure how that answers why I see sparkles and no new name in my feed to go along with it.....but I only keep neighbors who return tips. I find it very unfair to take them and not return them and I don't get why one would leave tips constantly when they're not getting it in return.

olcastle
05-01-14, 07:52 PM
Sparkles are not syncing with News Feed immediately but you can see them right away after refreshing your farm by writing/deleting a message or sending gift or force close (it explains why you always see them after you open the game).

You should treasure your neighbours who buy your stuff or sell goodies for your orders. 1 tip=5 coins, most players don't care.

avian946
05-02-14, 01:50 PM
To be fair I have the same issue, I always see sparkles but there's not enough names in my news feed to justify it! So I reckon they just don't always show up. To be fair I also agree with ciarjen, I have 371 friends and there's no way I'm visiting them every day!! It would take about an hour every day and that's pointless. I tend to tip people I buy items from in the newspaper. And yeah deleting people is not a good idea!! The more friends the better!