PDA

View Full Version : table set up question

Unregistered
01-18-11, 09:29 PM
I noticed today when I was tipping random people that a couple of bakers had a bunch of tables in the middle set up in a ginormous square, but chairs only around the perimeter. What would be the purpose of this set up? I wondered if it was for people only interested in tips.

Unregistered
01-18-11, 09:54 PM
I noticed today when I was tipping random people that a couple of bakers had a bunch of tables in the middle set up in a ginormous square, but chairs only around the perimeter. What would be the purpose of this set up? I wondered if it was for people only interested in tips.

Yes, to maximise tips. It is a personal thing. I dont really like it like that, but have several neighbours who do.

Unregistered
01-18-11, 11:29 PM
It's not my style either, but I appreciate my neighbors who make sure that they have plenty of tables so that their neighbors won't have to come back. Some people have hundreds of neighbors and it's frustrating to keep going to tip and finding it full. I am able to clear my tables more frequently than others perhaps, but I like finding some empty space when I visit my neighbors.

Unregistered
01-22-11, 12:09 AM
Yeah I used to think it would maximize your income to have the max #of seating options for bakery customers, but there is a maximum and many tables will go unused. Now I have learned that having tables for tips is important and more so in earlier levels. You miss a lot of tips if you are full and therefore a lot of money and experience points. Plus when tippers visit they open the bakery doors to customers!