PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Quests/Goals keep reappearing

garnet1223
04-23-14, 11:21 PM
I have a really annoying bug in my game. I'm not sure if anyone else experiences it but I need help. What happens is my quests will keep reappearing one by one starting from the beginning. I have to press "ok" numerous times before I can continue playing. How do I make these quests stop forcefully appearing?

I am using an android Samsung Galaxy S4. Android version 4.4.2.

Game version 1.5.5.7.8

bobbyrae
04-24-14, 04:53 AM
It is a known issue. We were asked to list the goals that keep popping up. I have done this twice on this thread: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?64097-Old-goals-popping-up&p=882199&viewfull=1#post882199

Nothing has been done about it.

For some players "exiting" out of the game closes out all the old goal pop ups at once so you can get on with playing.

FrozenTurtle
04-24-14, 11:26 AM
I have a really annoying bug in my game. I'm not sure if anyone else experiences it but I need help. What happens is my quests will keep reappearing one by one starting from the beginning. I have to press "ok" numerous times before I can continue playing. How do I make these quests stop forcefully appearing?

I am using an android Samsung Galaxy S4. Android version 4.4.2.

Game version 1.5.5.7.8

Does it happen all the time? Does it only happen when new Goals get released?

bobbyrae
04-24-14, 03:15 PM

Wow. Seriously?

FrozenTurtle
04-24-14, 03:52 PM
It is a known issue. We were asked to list the goals that keep popping up. I have done this twice on this thread: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?64097-Old-goals-popping-up&p=882199&viewfull=1#post882199

Nothing has been done about it.

For some players "exiting" out of the game closes out all the old goal pop ups at once so you can get on with playing.

Wow. Seriously?

We understand that you're frustrated that the issue has not been fixed, but we have not been able to reproduce or isolate the issue on our end. Each time we've asked for information it has been to try to narrow down the cause of the issue. We do appreciate all the information you have provided and do hope we will be able to resolve the issue.

bobbyrae
04-24-14, 05:59 PM
It does not always happen when new goals are released. It does happen sometimes but not every time.

On that Bakery thread I typed out the pop ups as they appeared on screen. Because it happens so frequently i hardly can play on my android phone.

It is also not confined to any one version. It has happened in all the versions I have, right down to the last released version in restaurant & bakery.

garnet1223
04-24-14, 09:57 PM
Sorry I couldn't get back to this thread until now. Also sorry bobbyrae I did not see your other thread(s). The only difference in mine is mine does not crash after all the goals pop up.

FrozenTurtle I'd gladly like to help solve this issue so I'll try and give as much info as I can. There is one fact that I left out but only because I'm not sure if this is the case or not. Right now I'm only using the original version of Restaurant Story. So Springtime is not installed. I feel like that could cause an issue but I'm not sure.

This is also the second phone I have used with the same account.

Oh and no. It does not do this when a new goal is given. I guess I can't really pinpoint an exact time but it seems like this usually happens when I'm choosing the food I'm going to cook next. It's also not every time but it happens often.

bobbyrae
04-25-14, 06:41 AM
it seems like this usually happens when I'm choosing the food I'm going to cook next.

For me when it happens, the pop ups start as soon as I open the game.

roogirrl
04-27-14, 11:51 AM
This happens to me about once a day when I open up/return to the game - it is seemingly random, and will happen even if I haven't closed the game, merely returned to it after a long time away. Just happened this morning, which is why I came to look for posts.

I am on the HTC One, Android 4.4.2, and this happens with both Restaurant Story: Springtime and also with Dragon Story. Over the next several days, I'll try to pay attention to exactly when it happens.

PepperWoo
04-27-14, 12:36 PM
For me, this always happens after I log-in on my accounts and I don't force close immediately after clicking 'Proceed' during that part where they show the other Strom8 games you play. Very rarely (like it happened once or twice only) that I experience old goal popups while playing normally (meaning not after just logging back in) and when that happens, a force close always ****s those gem trap of popups.

FrozenTurtle
04-28-14, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the additional info! Sorry again that this issue has persisted for so long. :(

roogirrl
04-28-14, 01:43 PM
Just happened to me today - it was about one minute after getting the "Processing" and lost connection popup. The goals that pop up are every single one I've cleared already, and in random order.

bobbyrae
04-28-14, 03:16 PM
I'll repost from the previously referenced thread :

Date : 04-02-2014
We got new goals in RESTAURANT STORY and again all the old goals popped up, so I made a list.

1. Ready to Roast (x2 Pop ups)
2. The Final Test (x2 )
3. Hit the Bench (x2)
4. Cavalry has arrived (Do you want to spend gems to complete?*)
5. Perfect Look (x2)
6. Missing Pieces (x2)
7. Sneak and Snoop (gems)
8. Burger Ball (x2)
9. Slam Jam (x2)
10. We need a favour (gems)
11. The Perfect Shot (x2)
12. Finishing Touches (x2)
13. Food for the soul (gems)
14. Blowing Balloons (x2)
15. Simmering Potential (x2)
16. Sweet Spots (x2)
17. Crackin Cornbread (x2)
18. Modern Makeover (x2)
19. Restaurant Remodel (x2)
20. A new toy (x2)
21. Birthday Party (gems)
22. A warm welcome (x2)
23. The ultimate path (x2)
24. Season for romance (gems)
25. Dragon Story :Springtime

At this point RS Froze and closed.

* The pop ups asking if we want to spend gems to complete one has to be very careful as it has an image of a coin on the pop up but the question asks if you wish to spend gems (as much as 36 gems in some cases). The player has to be very slow in clicking because on these pop ups the "No thank you" is greyed out and the "ok" is in bright yellow. The perfect gem trap.

For the other pop ups not asking if we want to use gems to complete, there are TWO pop ups for each goal. So that's over 40 pop ups that one must close out JUST to be able to play this game. Why can this NOT be fixed?

Date: 04-07-2014:
And here we go again. Today's goals for RS that popped up in order:-

1. Show your Stuff (x2)
2. Blowing Balloons (gems)
3. All in Moderation(x2)
4. The Perfect Look (x2)
5. Order up (x2)
6. The Clouds part (x2)
7. The Missing Pieces (x2)
8. The Final Test (x2)
9. Get your ticket (gems)
10. A chef's journey (x2)
11. The Perfect shot (gems)
12. Sweet Spots (x2)
13. Finishing Touches (x2)
14. Modern Makeover (x2)
15. A modern menu (x2)
16. Bursting at the Seams (x2)
17. Hit the Bench (gems)
18. Best of the Rest (x2)
19. Reasy to Roast (x2)
20. Food for the Soul (gems)
21. Surprise Contest (x2)
22. A new direction (x2)
23. Sweet Shooting (gems)
24. Master Level Morsel (gems)
25. We need a favour (gems)
26. A spring Surprise(x2)
27. A Piece of peace (x2)
28. Birthday Party (gems)
29. A warm welcome (x2)
30. The ultimate path (x2)
31. Season for romance (gems)
32. Dragon Story Spring time

"Unfortunately Restaurant Story has stopped"

monstersweettooth
04-30-14, 06:01 PM

This has also been happening to me in both Springtime RS and St. Patricks version of BS. It seems most often when I am on the outskirts of my Wi-Fi. I get a message letting me know that I'm out of sync or that the game is an online game and then when I move into a better spot my goals all pop up one at a time and take about 10 minutes to run through them all. It also seems to happen on a weekly basis for me.

iamthejeannie2
05-01-14, 09:20 AM
This happens to me all the time under the following circumstances: #1. Restaurant story and Bakery story on my 2nd generation kindle fire does this almost daily for no reason. #2. Randomly on my android LG Optimus F3 device, another restaurant and rarely on the bakery. #3. Always, every single time I play my "kindle acct" on my phone, when I log back into my main acct on my phone 99levels and 7 months of goals; and then the next time I use my kindle, that restaurant and bakery will always, every single time, go through 90 levels and 6 months of goals. It takes much longer to clear these on my kindle as the "processing" interface is slower...last time it took 9 minutes and 15 seconds (I used stopwatch on my phone). This one infuriates me the most. I feel like I am being punished for using the "log in to multiple accounts" feature that we waited so long for. Note.#4 I can long into my daughter's acct. on my phone and it never does it to her on her phone and I have never had it do it on her account with my phone either. Occasionally, when I switch back to mine after hers it does the goal thing but rarely.

FrozenTurtle
05-01-14, 01:46 PM
This has also been happening to me in both Springtime RS and St. Patricks version of BS. It seems most often when I am on the outskirts of my Wi-Fi. I get a message letting me know that I'm out of sync or that the game is an online game and then when I move into a better spot my goals all pop up one at a time and take about 10 minutes to run through them all. It also seems to happen on a weekly basis for me.

Thanks, this is really useful info!

bobbyrae
05-01-14, 01:58 PM

Interesting. This has not been my experience. It does not happen when I lose wi fi connection as I never lose wifi connection when I play.

I do not get a message saying I am out of sync or that the game is an online game etc. The processing circle may appear but it does not appear all the time.

nmishii
05-01-14, 02:46 PM

I only have the old goals when I get out of sync because of connection issues. If you hit the back button to exit out, when you return to your game the goals should not pop up. It never has returned for me.

curvybust
05-05-14, 03:55 PM
This has been happening to me for two weeks. My goals go back to the beginning like cooking french toast and asking for purple lights. Ugh! Then it asks me if I want to buy the goal since I missed it but never shows what it is! Grrr!
Backing out and clearing the data of the app seems to fix it, but that's annoying.

roogirrl
05-19-14, 02:56 PM
Did you guys fix this? I've noticed in the past week or so, this no longer happens, it's wonderful! I have also followed the advice about deliberately exiting the game when I'm not actively doing something, not sure if that's what has made the difference or not. At any rate, hooray and thanks!

cc_phillybakery
05-24-14, 04:33 PM
this has happened to me 2x in one day Grr :mad: as soon as I would com on to my bakery (RS) I would log off the same thing?difficulties baking anything..extremely annoying?it would start from the newest goal to the oldest down. I wish someone would do something to fix this. I have an Android 4.3 version(updated) Galaxy S3 /version RS 1.5.5.7.8 Thxs

gwenlovepugs
06-11-14, 03:31 PM
The same thing happens to me and is usually connected when they ask me to buy gems. So first the big sale then EVERY goal, message I have ever received. It is really annoying. :mad:I am playing on a Samsung 3 and it happens with Resturant Story (newlyweds) and Bakery Story (Soccer). Any ideas:confused:

gwenlovepugs
06-15-14, 02:57 PM
So any help anyone????

Samsung 3 and it happens with Resturant Story (newlyweds)1.5.5.7.8 and Bakery Story (Soccer) 1.5.5.7.8

landa001
06-18-14, 04:13 AM
This happens at least once or twice a day with FS, BP & RS. Very frustrating. It seems to be an issue with those of us on android platform. Was not happening on ISO Ipod but happens on my Samsung Pro Tab 4. Is there going to be a fix?

Ilovetodesign
06-19-14, 06:48 PM
I seem to keep having the same thing happen with goals I remember doing from the very beginning. Seems to maybe happen more on Pet Shop Story with the worse problems. About the only thing of repeating some of them is it does earn back gems lost in the past.
But sometimes things prevent you from sending gifts at all. Maybe because it thinks I am starting something over. I also do not know if they think I am in the wrong account.
Somehow yes, our internet was recently cancelled. Yes, so someone called in with our account and cancelled it.
Bills of ours even get sent to the wrong place.

Gwenifear
06-23-14, 08:59 AM
This happens to me on a daily basis. I play RS and BS on my galaxy tablet. My BS on kindke fire does it too. THIS IS A DAILY RANDOM occurrence,

kimandamelia
07-23-14, 10:16 AM
This happened to me this morning on RS and Monday on BS. What information do they need to squash the issue? I'd be more than happy to write down, record, photo, anything they need. It is by far the most obnoxious thing I've ran into since even owning a "smartphone".....

sterrrrling
07-25-14, 11:06 AM
This happens multiple times to me every day. It seems. To be when the game and phone reboots. Sometimes (most of the time) it goes thrugh all the goals backwards. All of them. I really enjoy this game but I'm not going to play if this keeps happening. I'm only level 25 so I can only imagine this getting a lot worse. Goals I see all the time when this happens: dragon story bakery story bingo level ups, buy pink wall items, purple wallpaper, riverboat stuff, expanding... basically all of them

yammmsz
07-25-14, 01:30 PM
I also got this problems. It happends more than twice a day. Is there already any solution? Its really annoying.
It also happends a lot of times that the game Is out of sync and i need to select my food serveral times before It start cooking. Hope You can help me.

lynnlarkey
09-18-14, 07:37 PM
I have the galaxy 5 and it happens to me....only after it says my game isn't synched to the internet, then it synchs and they all pop up. Im trying to figure out this salad station that is just in a box and I cant use after buying it!!??

carousel32
09-20-14, 11:21 AM
I've had the same problem. Kindle fire RD 1.5.5.5

Sometimes it happens several days in a row. Always first time I open the app in the morning. Never during the day or evening. Then no problem for days or weeks then again one morning. Starts with the earliest goals and keeps going. I can't find a pattern to when it happens either.

KashmirsCafe
11-02-14, 01:23 PM
The old goals also pop up at random intervals on my galaxy note 10.1. I can't figure out a cause or a circumstance. Glad I'm not the only one.

Xuihcoatl
11-28-14, 05:44 PM
This has happened to me a few times. It's completely random on start up right after accepting gifts/after the ads for sales, etc pop up and it happens every three to four days. It's happened on all three of my TL games. Bakery Story, Restaurant Story and Dragon Story usually on the same days.