PDA

View Full Version : Answered Older iPad eats bombs

trinary514
04-23-14, 10:27 AM
So this isn't really a bug on your end, but the limitations of my older device (iOS 5.1.1). My game crashes when it gets too busy, and I can live with that, but bombing for amber has become frustrating. I've lost so many bombs in mid play that I've about given up on this dragon, though I crafted it on my son's game days ago (iPad 2 works fine).

I know that programming has to move forward, and some devices will fall to the wayside, but is there some way that you could address this by subtracting from the bomb total when the mining mini-game closes normally, so that crashes don't waste so many bombs?

Thanks.

kooky panda
04-23-14, 10:37 AM
I do not think this would be possible. When you crash, your game is losing connection and even though you see you received a bomb, your progress is not saving on the servers so
there will be no record that you received the bomb.

You can try doing a few extra steps before going mining.
On your device go under settings- safari - and clear out cookies/data then restart your device.

If your device will let you close out applications , close out all applications before playing.
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61422-How-to-force-close-out-your-games-(IOS)

One other thing you can do(of course with your son's permission) when you are ready to mine, you can use the login feature to move your games to his ipad 2, do your mining, then log his games back to the Ipad 2, and login your games back to your device.
Make sure you have set up a storm Id and password for each of your devices before using the login feature.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

Post 1 lists the games that have the login feature. When you use it say in restaurant story, your dragon story game will also transfer over.

trinary514
04-23-14, 01:46 PM
Thanks kp. I've been closing out apps, but hadn't thought about Safari, so I'll try this. Will also look at the pages you linked for logging in on the other ipad. Tempting anyway, as I have another game on my android phone, and selling a Pegasus dragon, rather than trading, breaks my heart. Having at least three, however, is not an efficient use of space.

I appreciate you taking the time to address my issue. Have a great day!

trinary514
04-23-14, 01:52 PM
Replying again to say, Wow, the login feature rocks! Looks like I shouldn't try it to cross between the phone and iPads, but so much easier. Thank you again.

kooky panda
04-23-14, 02:26 PM
Oh good I am glad you like the new feature. :)