PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Update: Rune Dragon 4-25-14(Mining- IOS)EXPIRED

kooky panda
04-22-14, 05:21 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/60f010389245fa9425c2f5ddc05a22fa/tumblr_inline_n4ghugrccU1qm7yoc.png

Caretakers were still dusting off their archaeological tools from the Egyptian World Event when they noticed eyes blinking in the Sand. Grab your tools and dig up the new Rune Dragon in Dragon Story!

New teaser from TL Blog.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/b87620fb-fd07-4a2d-96e3-2f95c0867d1d_zps49d5f324.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/b87620fb-fd07-4a2d-96e3-2f95c0867d1d_zps49d5f324.png.html)

metsfreek
04-22-14, 06:50 PM
Replacement for Amber dragon? Pretty cool!

wiccapi
04-22-14, 07:51 PM
Wow its greEn.

chalupa2030
04-22-14, 08:16 PM
Love it's head and eyes! Very cool!

kawish
04-23-14, 12:13 AM
Wooow very Adorable.

MajicHearts
04-23-14, 06:10 AM
Love it! Want it! Gotta have it!

jus7_me89
04-24-14, 02:39 PM
it's an ok dragon imo. cannot say i love it but it's decent ! i want it ! good job TL !

MakJulos
04-25-14, 12:03 PM
Umm...so, what is this dragon really? Have i missed out on some important info? New dragon from mining? It's odd, usually there's no info about anything at all, ever...until stuff suddenly happens! But here's a thread informing about a new dragon but not really saying anything... TL communicates in mysterious ways.... :D

kooky panda
04-25-14, 12:17 PM
Umm...so, what is this dragon really? Have i missed out on some important info? New dragon from mining? It's odd, usually there's no info about anything at all, ever...until stuff suddenly happens! But here's a thread informing about a new dragon but not really saying anything... TL communicates in mysterious ways.... :D

It is a teaser. More information will become available when the dragon gets released.

MakJulos
04-25-14, 12:43 PM
It is a teaser. More information will become available when the dragon gets released.

A "teaser" hmm....could've sworn it was a "confuser"! :)

Oki, thank you kooky, you..."tease"! :D

hugpete
04-25-14, 12:59 PM
The blog says "New Content for April 22-25", so hopefully we will get more info on Rune today.

jtm101
04-25-14, 02:07 PM
I really hope this is the new dragon for the Mine, and it comes quickly. I'm sitting on 24 bombs with a Crusader just about finished evolving.... Bring ot on TL :D

Clark_Wayne
04-25-14, 03:07 PM
The dragon is nice but it is yellow and green super rare !
We already have lot of yellow and green (parakeet, celtic, earth day, fairy,..)
I would expect since it is called rune, that type would be stone and color (yellow,green,...)
I'm really disappointed :(
I would craft one but more ?
And how long it will stay ? Hope not more than a month ! I got already 49 pieces rune with my spared bombs.
Amber had more interesting colors

freesiawoods
04-25-14, 03:18 PM
The mine is open :-) Yes why green and yellow yet again?

jtm101
04-25-14, 03:32 PM
Open sesame, woot.

Used up my 24 bombs and got 43 runestones, a decent start i suppose.

I think it would make more sense for these Mining dragons to have either the Metal or Stone type. As in the real world those items come from mines... Not Forest/Air. In fact air can be a bad thing to discover in real mines.

metsfreek
04-25-14, 04:27 PM
There is no time limit on this one? Interesting, already have 17 Rune Stones and still have 23 bombs left!

justforfarmm
04-25-14, 04:45 PM
Used 33 bombs, got 69 runestones. The dragon looks really cool, and i just love mining, i ain't getting no dragons from the battle arena but at least i can always hope something good from the mine.

hugpete
04-25-14, 05:12 PM
46 Runes from my 25 bombs is an okay start; not my best. :) But I'm more excited about the 4,150 food I got mining!

igames4me
04-25-14, 05:28 PM
Acct 1= 11 bombs= 18 runes
Acct 2 = 9 bombs = 17 runes

Good luck everyone

Zummat
04-25-14, 06:20 PM
Yay! I had 19 bombs left over and got 30 runes. If it wasn't for you guys on the forum I would not have saved them once I got Amber and blown them up already. So I thank you very much! :)

This was a great addition to the game.

finnth12
04-25-14, 07:28 PM
TL shouldn't put the limit on the bombs that we save, my second account reached the limit which was 25 bombs and my evolution was ready for another 9 bombs but I completely forgot that TL haven't updated for Rune, so I clicked on it an hour before the update and it's gone with the wind....:( I saved it so I could get 25 plus 9 (36hrs evolution). Oh well, so far I got 43 runes from 25 bombs.

SenseiNJ
04-25-14, 08:14 PM
I used up all the bombs I got up until yesterday to get a second amber dragon, so I'm off to a late start with this one. I've gotten 13 runes from the 6 bombs I received today. This time I'll just pace myself and get one dragon, since it's just a yellow/green combo.
But I must say, this dragon has a very cool design. It could have been introduced in a second set of Egyptian type dragons (maybe with a pharaoh dragon, sandstorm dragon and scarab dragon).

AJImmer
04-25-14, 09:57 PM
The mining for the Rune Dragon has no "end date" yet. If I'm recalling correctly, the mining for the Platinum Dragon lasted a couple of months. I know I earned and kept several of the Platinum just for the revenue. The Rune Dragon looks like it may be even a better earner - so I'll be trying to get several. I was really hoping for a pink hybrid for trading / crafting. Maybe next time.

akanksha2001
04-25-14, 09:58 PM
TL shouldn't put the limit on the bombs that we save, my second account reached the limit which was 25 bombs and my evolution was ready for another 9 bombs but I completely forgot that TL haven't updated for Rune, so I clicked on it an hour before the update and it's gone with the wind....:( I saved it so I could get 25 plus 9 (36hrs evolution). Oh well, so far I got 43 runes from 25 bombs.

Same thing happened to me for my crusader.... 11 bombs gone for good! Ugh!

mashiki
04-25-14, 11:39 PM
I also saved my bombs and got 43 runes. A lot of dragons waiting for evolution, so maybe I'll have 2 rune dragons!

buttabdullah99
04-26-14, 12:10 AM
I just used 10 bombs and got 16 rune stones :):)

MakJulos
04-26-14, 12:26 AM
It is very nice that they got another mining project going so quickly after finishing Amber - mining is really the ingame feature in which profithunger is the least "in your face" sort of, i like it!

Sparkly888
04-26-14, 03:50 AM
Yep. That happened to me with my lovely new Spring dragon. 28 hrs
I didn't forget. When I went to take him out of the Evolution Temple I checked the mine first. No mining for dragons. Just a sign that said EXPIRED.
Less than an hour later---Rune dragon showed up!

1crazycajun
04-26-14, 12:22 PM
This is getting Ridiculous, I ran out of dragons to evolve before I was able to collect enough eggs for the Amber Dragon and I don't have any more to evolve. I have not been able to breed a new dragon type in months nor do I have enough food to get one to any stage to evolve. Plus with the way TL is throwing new dragons out you never have enough time to breed them unless you get them on the first try. This has gotten out of control !!! I"ve been playing this game from the beginning and I have yet been able to breed even one Ultra Rare type Dragon.

buttabdullah99
04-26-14, 12:34 PM
This is getting Ridiculous, I ran out of dragons to evolve before I was able to collect enough eggs for the Amber Dragon and I don't have any more to evolve. I have not been able to breed a new dragon type in months nor do I have enough food to get one to any stage to evolve. Plus with the way TL is throwing new dragons out you never have enough time to breed them unless you get them on the first try. This has gotten out of control !!! I"ve been playing this game from the beginning and I have yet been able to breed even one Ultra Rare type Dragon.
Hi if u r not getting any new dragons then fed u breeding fails to get bombs from evolving them I am also doing the same ;):);):)

1crazycajun
04-26-14, 01:26 PM
Hi if u r not getting any new dragons then fed u breeding fails to get bombs from evolving them I am also doing the same ;):);):)

That would be a waste of food that I don't have anyway.
And really what's the point in that when I have to sell them anyway.
Nope TL just needs to get their self together and make some better changes.
This game has gone from Wonderful, Great,Good, to Poor management .

I don't know about others but I don't have real dollars to throw away in a game that is not fair and fun. I stopped putting real dollars into it after the first 6 months of play.

chalupa2030
04-26-14, 02:01 PM

Me too!

dangerb0y
04-26-14, 03:15 PM
I suppose you could email TL and have them change your account settings so you can suffer like the rest of us who have to evolve at level 3. Or you could buy water dragons and evolve them like the rest of the legacy players are doing who really want the mining dragon. If you have been playing since 2012, I really have a tough time believing you can't produce the food needed to evolve water dragon.

MakJulos
04-26-14, 03:25 PM
It is a stupid setup, forcing veterans in game to waste loads of food to evolve meaningless dragons to gain these bombs - that's the thanks you get for being a loyal player...

With this brilliant setup i'm quite pleased that i must evolve at lvl3.

hugpete
04-26-14, 03:46 PM
The upside of not evolving from level 3 to 4 is that you can trade dragons without evolving them. So, both ways have advantages and disadvantages.

Zummat
04-26-14, 05:27 PM
That would be a waste of food that I don't have anyway.
And really what's the point in that when I have to sell them anyway.
Nope TL just needs to get their self together and make some better changes.
This game has gone from Wonderful, Great,Good, to Poor management .

I don't know about others but I don't have real dollars to throw away in a game that is not fair and fun. I stopped putting real dollars into it after the first 6 months of play.

Everyone spends money on entertainment differently. This game is fair, it treats everyone the same. Do I think some things are way over priced, yes I do. For me the object is to work to accomplish things and not just buy it all at once. I do spend some money on this game when I like a packaged deal. I would have spent $5 to get enough gold to finish the tournament because I was having fun and wanted to win, but luckily I didn't need it. There are people who complain about the price of milk while the cashier is checking out their beer. Just sayin'...

And I agree totally with you dangerb0y. Something seems a little odd to me too about an experienced player not being able to grow enough food.

chalupa2030
04-26-14, 05:36 PM
Everyone spends money on entertainment differently. This game is fair, it treats everyone the same. Do I think some things are way over priced, yes I do. For me the object is to work to accomplish things and not just buy it all at once. I do spend some money on this game when I like a packaged deal. I would have spent $5 to get enough gold to finish the tournament because I was having fun and wanted to win, but luckily I didn't need it. There are people who complain about the price of milk while the cashier is checking out their beer. Just sayin'...

And I agree totally with you dangerb0y. Something seems a little odd to me too about an experienced player not being able to grow enough food.

I suppose you could email TL and have them change your account settings so you can suffer like the rest of us who have to evolve at level 3. Or you could buy water dragons and evolve them like the rest of the legacy players are doing who really want the mining dragon. If you have been playing since 2012, I really have a tough time believing you can't produce the food needed to evolve water dragon.

Well said, guys!

chalupa2030
04-26-14, 05:41 PM
It is a stupid setup, forcing veterans in game to waste loads of food to evolve meaningless dragons to gain these bombs - that's the thanks you get for being a loyal player...

With this brilliant setup i'm quite pleased that i must evolve at lvl3.

I don't waste food and meaningless dragons aren't allowed on my islands.:) I love and adore this game! I do wanna scream when I don't get a new dragon for awhile!

It will be ok. Try to have fun ~ it's just a game! Don't let it bring you down:)

Anaboe
04-26-14, 05:52 PM
74 runes already! Started with 25 bombs, and a Diamond that had evolved just right after the new hunt started :D
Think I got a little lucky at finding the pieces, usually I get 2 per bomb, now a little more :)

Good luck hunting all!

MakJulos
04-26-14, 08:56 PM
I don't waste food and meaningless dragons aren't allowed on my islands.:) I love and adore this game! I do wanna scream when I don't get a new dragon for awhile!

It will be ok. Try to have fun ~ it's just a game! Don't let it bring you down:)

Hehe thank you, and no worries - i posted in this thread because i think the game isn't fair to everyone and that loyal players with the older type of account deserve better than the silly mining setup, myself i have a newer account so it works for me. And no, not letting game bring me down - it definetly annoys me now n then but since i realized that you're not supposed to play tournaments without using gold, and also quit spending money on the game - since then i enjoy it much more. And yes, as you say- it is just a game! :D

MakJulos
04-26-14, 09:14 PM

Hehe, fanboi there - this game is far from fair, far from treating everyone alike - but it is also a free game that really doesn't have to cost a dime to play so it'd be foolish expecting a perfect gaming experience that's equally enjoyable and rewarding for each and every player. I'm glad you enjoy it though, and as i've stated elsewhere i think you should just pay away if you're having fun! :D

Hmm, btw why bother wondering if some players CAN create much food to waste - why SHOULD they have to? To make it a fair game? :D

SenseiNJ
04-27-14, 06:22 AM
I'll be honest, at this point I do feel we need ways to get more food. But, I don't think of it as a complete waste of food to evolve a breeding fail. Afterall, I'm getting bombs in order to get a NEW dragon. For me it's just like another crafting material needed to get a new dragon. Lately, only about half the dragons I evolve are breeding fails, and I usually get back the food I used, as bonuses during mining.
It does slow me down a bit when I evolve a breeding fail, but I wouldn't consider it a complete waste. That's just my perspective.

akanksha2001
04-27-14, 06:28 AM
I've mined 55 runestones already... And got a bunch of food to evolve my dragons!!! I love the mining feature!

MakJulos
04-27-14, 07:46 AM
I'll be honest, at this point I do feel we need ways to get more food. But, I don't think of it as a complete waste of food to evolve a breeding fail. Afterall, I'm getting bombs in order to get a NEW dragon. For me it's just like another crafting material needed to get a new dragon. Lately, only about half the dragons I evolve are breeding fails, and I usually get back the food I used, as bonuses during mining.
It does slow me down a bit when I evolve a breeding fail, but I wouldn't consider it a complete waste. That's just my perspective.

No, very true, ofc it's not a complete waste, you do gain something fairly unique (well sort of) from using them bombs - what i dislike is the fact that it's not same for all players, myself i probably won't have to evolve any fails at all so i won't "waste" any food at all, but DS veterans that have old type of account and perhaps most of the available dragons already - i'd understand if they were to grumbe a bit about the way it's set up...

SenseiNJ
04-27-14, 07:58 AM
No, very true, ofc it's not a complete waste, you do gain something fairly unique (well sort of) from using them bombs - what i dislike is the fact that it's not same for all players, myself i probably won't have to evolve any fails at all so i won't "waste" any food at all, but DS veterans that have old type of account and perhaps most of the available dragons already - i'd understand if they were to grumbe a bit about the way it's set up...

Oh yes, definitely! I've gotten most of the basic dragons so far, but there are those that still elude me (Super, Caesar, Scorpion, Diamond) and the goals for them still sit there even after more than a year. I'm not sure if I'd count as a veteran, but I've been playing this game since December 2012, and I'm still upset that I have these goals there and can never breed some of these dragons. Until I do get them, I'll make the best of a not-so-good situation, and evolve my fails to continue mining for the new dragons.

ssquared8690
04-29-14, 03:49 AM
I just hit 100 runes,halfway there! Good luck to everyone else mining! Anyone know how long this dragon will be available?

PineapplePigeon
05-05-14, 07:45 PM
Anyone know how long this dragon will be available?
I hope there isn't a time frame, I missed half of the time for the Amber because I was on vacation without my tablet..

AJImmer
05-05-14, 10:01 PM
I hope there isn't a time frame, I missed half of the time for the Amber because I was on vacation without my tablet..

If I'm recalling correctly, there was a 30-day timer from the start of the Amber mining. The prior mining award (Platinum Dragon) did not have a timer and it seems like it lasted at least a couple of months.

dedelennons
05-06-14, 08:36 PM
What I believe is there is a timer for Amber due to the fact its a Super Rare where if you have more than one you can trade for large Black Gems to craft Jade, Tigers Eye and Onyx, TL would not want people to get the Large Black Gems easy, so people will get frustrated and buy golds/dragons as with the Rune Dragon its only Large Green and Yellow when you trade, so its ok for them to leave it for months and months.

AwesomeChefDad
05-06-14, 08:43 PM
I have about 160 and have been slowly working at it. I notice they seem to give less as your level goes up, or maybe I am mistaken.

Zummat
05-07-14, 03:52 AM
Yay! Just reached 201 and Rune dragon egg is being crafted. Have some bombs left over and I'll only explode them if it gets over 25 which I think is the limit you can have in storage. :D:D:D

deadpixel
05-08-14, 12:06 AM
I've got my first Rune Dragon :)

Is there any reason to get a second? I've got 25 bombs, with more coming, and was wondering if I should mine for another or just wait till the next mining event. With the Amber Dragon I worked hard to get 3 of them just so I could trade off 2 to get two large black gems, but the Rune Dragon's gems aren't as useful so...

Zummat
05-08-14, 05:52 PM
I've got my first Rune Dragon :)

Is there any reason to get a second? I've got 25 bombs, with more coming, and was wondering if I should mine for another or just wait till the next mining event. With the Amber Dragon I worked hard to get 3 of them just so I could trade off 2 to get two large black gems, but the Rune Dragon's gems aren't as useful so...

If you don't need a second to trade then I wouldn't go for it. I blow up some bombs before I put a dragon back once it's finished evolving so I can hopefully get more food. You can only keep 25 bombs in storage so if you already have 25 you will lose whatever the new evolved dragon would give you.

ssquared8690
05-09-14, 04:22 AM
I'm crafting my rune dragon now �� does anyone know how long until we get a new crafting dragon? Since I don't need any more gems and am maxed out on habitats I don't have any reason to go for a second one so I'm hoping we get a new mining dragon soon.

deadpixel
05-09-14, 04:38 AM
... I blow up some bombs before I put a dragon back once it's finished evolving so I can hopefully get more food...
Now that's a good idea!! Getting some food from the bombs.

meoconlunar
05-09-14, 04:41 AM
I'm crafting my rune dragon now �� does anyone know how long until we get a new crafting dragon? Since I don't need any more gems and am maxed out on habitats I don't have any reason to go for a second one so I'm hoping we get a new mining dragon soon.

36 hours of crafting and 30 hours of Incubation and Envolving

Zummat
05-09-14, 08:37 PM
Egg hatched and baby Rune 3 waiting in line for his turn in the evolution temple. :cool:

justforfarmm
05-11-14, 12:12 PM

Same, I hope they change it asap, but i don't think they will take it out without giving some days, the last one was for 20 days at least(i unlocked the mining when it was already going so i have no idea how much time it was). In my opinion it would be cool to get the 200 items for that dragon, and once you get it, a new one comes, so until you get 1 you can't get the next one, but there's some people that want some extra dragons for gems, or just to have the most of them, so maybe some people wouldn't like it, and also everyone would be able to get all dragons because there would be no limit time

knuffel19
05-12-14, 09:59 AM
Crafting! I am so happy!

freshfunin2008
05-12-14, 10:15 AM
Last one was there for 31 days and they had a timer from the start. This one doesn't have a timer yet but you can assume atleast 30 days or so.

JustKay
05-12-14, 04:55 PM
It's been slow going with this one for me. I'm one of those (now) unlucky long time players that don't have to evolve from level 3 to 4 :( Used to be a perk, but now I want bombs! Only at about 165 now, even though I've been averaging a bit better than 2 runes a bomb.

bluefoxcrystal
05-12-14, 05:12 PM
Heh heh ^^ don't worry... You'll get it. I have like 156-160 (cant remember exact number XD) runes. You could just use some waters for a bit to boost your times (3-4 bombs per evolve). And if you're good at mining you'd only need about 4-5 waters to get the bombs.

JustKay
05-12-14, 05:20 PM
Heh heh ^^ don't worry... You'll get it. I have like 156-160 (cant remember exact number XD) runes. You could just use some waters for a bit to boost your times (3-4 bombs per evolve). And if you're good at mining you'd only need about 4-5 waters to get the bombs.

Yup, I'm sure I'll make it. I have more than 10 eggs in storage I can hatch & evolve for the extra bombs I need :D Also recently I've been evolving Island dragons that I get to level 7 before I sell them. I think it's the best bomb to food ratio you can get easily. I have a new found appreciation for Island fails :p

JustKay
05-12-14, 05:22 PM
With the Amber Dragon I worked hard to get 3 of them just so I could trade off 2 to get two large black gems, but the Rune Dragon's gems aren't as useful so...

I didn't realise you could get a large black gem from the Amber. I need one more to make the last gemstone dragon I need. Oh, well. I probably wouldn't have made it in the time limit.

bluefoxcrystal
05-12-14, 05:25 PM
Yup, I'm sure I'll make it. I have more than 10 eggs in storage I can hatch & evolve for the extra bombs I need :D Also recently I've been evolving Island dragons that I get to level 7 before I sell them. I think it's the best bomb to food ratio you can get easily. I have a new found appreciation for Island fails :p

Hahahaha!!! That's actually a better idea :D

freesiawoods
05-12-14, 06:35 PM
I have about 160 and have been slowly working at it. I notice they seem to give less as your level goes up, or maybe I am mistaken.

Lately I only get 2-3 bombs per evolution, whereas until recently I got 4-8. Not sure what the reason is. I can only say that whenever I level up, I am filled with dread rather than joy -- things get more expensive and battles get much harder!

Drachenia
05-14-14, 12:22 PM
Hi if the egg has 12 hours so get 3 bombs. An egg at 26 hours get 6 bombs. You get for 4 hours = 1 Bomb

farmday0123
05-16-14, 09:37 AM
Ugly dragon , n take too long to hatch , 30 hours . If the bump unlimited I will not mining for it

PineapplePigeon
05-17-14, 11:31 PM
This one is so beautiful, I thought it was the Sunburst when I first saw it :) Only need 30-40 more bombs :)

kooky panda
05-18-14, 10:08 AM
Crafting this bad boy!! Yeah!

buttabdullah99
05-18-14, 10:31 AM
Yahoo!!!! Only 10 more to get mine 😃😘❤👍🌟

jus7_me89
05-18-14, 02:58 PM
i finally got mine 6 hours ago. can't wait to see the next dragon ! hope it will be another black hybrid or a new gemstome

FigmentValley
05-18-14, 05:42 PM
I'm not gonna evolve anything I don't have to. I'm waiting for the next dragon in the mine......

JustKay
05-18-14, 05:59 PM
hatching mine now! it's been a hard slug trying to evolve my dragons up for enough runes. only *****ed once by evolving an island dragon :D I'm down to a low 100k apples now. I hope they don't swap out the rune dragon too soon as I don't have so many dragons to evolve left, and most of them are the 12500 apples type to get to epic!

cherrypie3476
05-18-14, 11:49 PM
I got two already half way to get the 3rd one i dont need that many only mining coz i like geting food Can we get new dragon ASAP plz lol��

buttabdullah99
05-19-14, 03:52 AM
Yay!!!!! Finally I collected 200/200 pieces I am so happy 😃😘❤👍 crafting now ;)
I was having 5 bombs and I wanted 10 pieces so used these bombs and got 2 from each ;););)

freshfunin2008
05-19-14, 11:01 AM
I got one of these but I WILL not be trying for a 2nd since there is no data as to how long it will be available.

Zummat
05-20-14, 05:44 PM
It's been almost a month since Rune showed up and I'm ready for a new mining dragon. Being a little selfish here but ideally one that is pink/black and will trade for large gems like the Amber dragon did. I need black and pink large gems to craft the last two gem dragons I need, Quartz and Jade. I put Tiger's Eye in the nest a few minutes ago. :)

finnth12
05-21-14, 12:05 PM
We need new mining dragon. I maxed the bomb and can't evolve dragons anymore or it will go wasted.

metsfreek
05-21-14, 12:32 PM
It's been almost a month since Rune showed up and I'm ready for a new mining dragon. Being a little selfish here but ideally one that is pink/black and will trade for large gems like the Amber dragon did. I need black and pink large gems to craft the last two gem dragons I need, Quartz and Jade. I put Tiger's Eye in the nest a few minutes ago. :)
I think they try very hard to make it where large black and pink gems come eat. Like the limited time Amber. It would be nice though, but I don't see it unfortunately.

jaybay1147
05-21-14, 01:01 PM
Just got. :]

Zummat
05-21-14, 02:18 PM
We need new mining dragon. I maxed the bomb and can't evolve dragons anymore or it will go wasted.

I don't stop evolving dragons. I just make sure to explode 3 to 8 bombs before I move the dragon out of the evolution temple and get more bombs. I pick up extra food that way. It doesn't matter if I have items left in storage once we get a new dragon.

Sparkly888
05-21-14, 04:08 PM
I don't stop evolving dragons...... I pick up extra food that way. It doesn't matter if I have items left in storage once we get a new dragon.

I never thought of it like that. I will max out at 25 bombs later this evening. Didn't want to waste them on Runestones I probably won't use at this point. But I guess it's better than letting my Evolution Temple sit idle since I have so many dragons that are waiting to evolve. And extra food is nice too.

Hopefully someday TL will offer something fun to do with all our leftover parts.
I already have 2 Rune Dragons.

Zummat
05-22-14, 08:04 PM
New Flash!! Rune dragon is only available 5 more days. I am so happy we will (hopefully) be getting a new mining dragon very soon. :)

finnth12
05-23-14, 07:33 AM
I don't stop evolving dragons. I just make sure to explode 3 to 8 bombs before I move the dragon out of the evolution temple and get more bombs. I pick up extra food that way. It doesn't matter if I have items left in storage once we get a new dragon.

Thanks, but I don't want to waste the bombs and I don't want duplicate, need only 1 dragon of each. I can get food from dynamites instead (from breeding). ;)

finnth12
05-23-14, 07:35 AM
New Flash!! Rune dragon is only available 5 more days. I am so happy we will (hopefully) be getting a new mining dragon very soon. :)

Yeah, finally! ;)

pribakes
05-23-14, 07:49 AM
Just start to craf this one yesterday, still 183/200 eggs in my 2nd account,hope to get it before it expire :)

freshfunin2008
05-23-14, 07:56 AM
always seems to be enough time to get one but it is harder to get 2. Well I will take 1 rune on each account.

paopao9
05-23-14, 08:48 AM
always seems to be enough time to get one but it is harder to get 2. Well I will take 1 rune on each account.

100%... Unless you are willing to spend your gold. Which I am not, at least not for mining!

Sparkly888
05-23-14, 01:43 PM
So then, is it a decent guess that you can mine for the same dragon for about a month?
And then a new dragon comes out to mine for?

I haven't been evolving for about a day. I have 25 bombs in my storage and I'm using the time to stock up on food. The first evolution from level 3 to level 4 is pretty cheap. It's those later 6 to 7 and 9 to 10 that take so much food.

rissah
05-23-14, 04:56 PM
Dang how did you guys get enough bombs for two? I'm not even going to make this one. It's fine evolving them to 7 but the next evolution to epic costs like 120k apples each dragon. Am I missing something?

Sparkly888
05-23-14, 05:06 PM
I've been doing a lot of evolving to level 4 so I can trade all the Fruitfuls, Life's, Loves etc.

Zummat
05-23-14, 05:25 PM
Dang how did you guys get enough bombs for two? I'm not even going to make this one. It's fine evolving them to 7 but the next evolution to epic costs like 120k apples each dragon. Am I missing something?

I've been doing a lot of evolving to level 4 so I can trade all the Fruitfuls, Life's, Loves etc.

Sparkly888 is right. I do the same thing. I get a whole lot of bombs getting as many dragons as possible from level 3 to level 4 and trade in the duplicates. I evolve from level 6 to 7 occasionally. Getting to epic takes much longer. Like my Rainbow, it was months before I got him to epic.

rissah
05-23-14, 09:54 PM
Got it. I forgot some people evolve at level 4.

belbar22
05-26-14, 08:03 AM
Cut it a bit fine but now crafting on both accounts. Getting these dragons are a real challenge when you don't evolve at level 4

nicxole
05-26-14, 08:32 AM
I feel like I'm always evolving something yet I still didn't have enough for two.

laraelyn
05-26-14, 10:40 AM
I also evolve at level 4 and always have something evolving and just now finished got my last 4 bombs so it is crafting now I know that some people are very good at getting more than 1 ruin (or whatever it is called) I rarely get more than one and about fail to get any about 5-10% of the time glad I got this one without having to speed up the evolving chamber
Congrats to all that have gotten it

nicxole
05-26-14, 11:59 AM
I always get at least 1, usually two, and sometimes 3 or 4. Guess it still wasn't good enough. I'd love to get two porcelain dragons though (assuming its the next mining dragon!)

hugpete
05-26-14, 01:20 PM
I'm cutting it close, but only 6 pieces away from my 2nd Rune. I hope it trades for a large green, as I need one. I evolve at level 4, constantly, (I've got a backlog of ~40 DAYS of dragons to evolve) and had 25 bombs at the start of the Rune mining. I get approx 2 pieces per bomb.

Anaboe
05-26-14, 02:24 PM
For the mining, you need to work you ways with the bombs very carefully.

If you do so, you atleast get 1 runestone in 9 steps, but that's in the worst case scenario. The best is ofcourse in 1 step, so the average is 5 steps per rune. Since there are 12 steps per rune, you will get an average of 2 runes per bomb.

igames4me
05-26-14, 04:43 PM
Not going to make it on either acct.

Oh we'll one more dragon I won't have
Congrats to those that managed to get one or more than one

Tl should offer these crafts le dragons as the 12-15 round 2 day battles
For those who weren't able to get them or just started playing

JustKay
05-26-14, 05:00 PM
I'm cutting it close, but only 6 pieces away from my 2nd Rune. I hope it trades for a large green, as I need one. I evolve at level 4, constantly, (I've got a backlog of ~40 DAYS of dragons to evolve) and had 25 bombs at the start of the Rune mining. I get approx 2 pieces per bomb.

A bit jealous. I don't evolve at 4 and most of my dragons are epic. I have to ration my bombs well. I do a few test runs with dynamite first to get me in the mindset before using my bombs. I almost consistently can get 2 items (sometimes 3, rarely fail at 1). I've been saving up baby Islands\MindVolts & Wizards since they're the best bang for... firapple. Only did the evo just for bombs twice (2 islands) but hoping to avoid this as it's a waste of food.

I'm set for the next mining dragon though. Got 24 bombs stocked up and a few dragons close to level 7. Fingers crossed it's Porcelain dragon.

Sparkly888
05-26-14, 06:00 PM
Just put my Night Dragon in the Evolution Temple a few hours ago.
I'm maxed out at 25 bombs but my Night won't be ready until after the new mining dragon comes out. And at 23 hrs I should get 5 or 6 bombs for him. So I can hit the ground running with...oh please, please...Porcelain.

If he's Porcelain I might have to name the first one Teapot. :-)
The nice thing about mining for dragons For Me, is that I am assured of getting it. There is none of that breed/fail, breed/fail, breed/fail until it's removed.

Zummat
05-26-14, 06:23 PM
Just put my Night Dragon in the Evolution Temple a few hours ago.
I'm maxed out at 25 bombs but my Night won't be ready until after the new mining dragon comes out. And at 23 hrs I should get 5 or 6 bombs for him. So I can hit the ground running with...oh please, please...Porcelain.

If he's Porcelain I might have to name the first one Teapot. :-)
The nice thing about mining for dragons For Me, is that I am assured of getting it. There is none of that breed/fail, breed/fail, breed/fail until it's removed.

Exactly why I really like this feature. And you get extra food too. :)

Teapot is a great name. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that Porcelain is the new mining dragon. TL will have a bunch of unhappy customers if it's not. Just sayin'...

freesiawoods
05-26-14, 09:28 PM
Agree, mining is the least frustrating way to get a new dragon! Even my daughter's account which does not evolve to level 4 can make it on time without evolving fails. Now waiting for the next one.

IcePrince918
05-26-14, 10:55 PM
Finally!

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o647/pljr918/Dragon%20Story/F5E4EACE-C80F-4F56-8251-BF425CF683AE_zpstgg1kcir.png (http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/pljr918/media/Dragon%20Story/F5E4EACE-C80F-4F56-8251-BF425CF683AE_zpstgg1kcir.png.html)

Sumercarefree
05-26-14, 11:26 PM
A bit jealous. I don't evolve at 4 and most of my dragons are epic. I have to ration my bombs well. I do a few test runs with dynamite first to get me in the mindset before using my bombs. I almost consistently can get 2 items (sometimes 3, rarely fail at 1). I've been saving up baby Islands\MindVolts & Wizards since they're the best bang for... firapple. Only did the evo just for bombs twice (2 islands) but hoping to avoid this as it's a waste of food.

I'm set for the next mining dragon though. Got 24 bombs stocked up and a few dragons close to level 7. Fingers crossed it's Porcelain dragon.

I have the same problem, hard to evolve.
Food takes so long to grow that I have a hard time evolving many of them to epic too. Luckily I managed to get the Dragon somehow.

JustKay
05-27-14, 12:16 AM
I have the same problem, hard to evolve.
Food takes so long to grow that I have a hard time evolving many of them to epic too. Luckily I managed to get the Dragon somehow.

I think they've got a reasonable time frame between mining dragons. Even Amber had a month or so. If they ever make the time any shorter I'm sure there will be a protest.

hugpete
05-27-14, 12:43 AM

I'm a bit jealous you don't have to evolve your dragons in order to trade them, so I guess we're even? :) ;)

emmagail23
05-27-14, 10:54 AM
Rune dragon just expired, are they going to start another mining dragon or leave the mine closed?

freshfunin2008
05-27-14, 10:55 AM
Give them a few hours and there should be a new mining dragon.

hestiarulez
05-27-14, 10:57 AM
i hope they start the new mine dragon soon. i am maxed on bombs and my fully evolved diamond is sitting in the temple for more than 24 hours now. I thought porcelain dragon was going to be the next mining dragon; but looks like it is for breeding.

Zummat
05-27-14, 12:30 PM
Bummed that Porcelain isn't new miming dragon. Hope TL doesn't make us wait too long. Maxed out on bombs and have evolved dragon waiting to come out of the temple.

AJImmer
05-27-14, 12:34 PM
I'm betting it will be released by 2:30 PM Pacific Time - about two hours from now. Should we start a pool?

eshuman17
05-27-14, 12:38 PM
I hope it will be released sooner. I have 25 bombs and my charm dragon is almost done evolving.

jim23cash
05-27-14, 01:19 PM
I'm hoping it will be Wisp Dragon!! Fingers crossed! ;)

Anaboe
05-27-14, 02:02 PM
Last time it took TL a couple of days to reopen the mine, or am I remembering it incorrectly?

hestiarulez
05-27-14, 02:16 PM
Last time it took TL a couple of days to reopen the mine, or am I remembering it incorrectly?

Rune started a few hours after Amber expired.

AJImmer
05-27-14, 02:34 PM
I'm betting it will be released by 2:30 PM Pacific Time - about two hours from now. Should we start a pool?

It's 2:33 Pacific and the new dragon is a Glass dragon

freshfunin2008
05-27-14, 02:46 PM
hmmm, red, blue, and purple. So in this case 4 hours to reset from old dragon in mine to new dragon.

jim23cash
05-27-14, 02:49 PM
Woo hoo! 53 pieces from first 25 bombs, I'm on my way!! ;)

Leire22
06-01-14, 05:39 AM
I see i am not just alone - here is big problem for players in higher levels - above 100 minimum - sure around 120 - in case u not lucky for new dragons few weeks to breed and yet have most cheap food dragons epic, is very hard to mine new dragon in cave - i have left in 9 lvl form mainly dragons who need 10000-12500 each eating for food, very hard to feed them to epic fast enough - even I plant only diamondates. And I am no going to spend my gold for this.
So I was no able to get Rune Dragon and am very sad. I missed aroud 40 symbols to get it :(( - and I play daily.

chalupa2030
06-01-14, 06:21 AM
Aw! It's ok! I didn't get the Rune either. It happens. We won't get them all. But have you seen the new Glass dragon?

Pretty K00L!

Have fun!