PDA

View Full Version : Dead tree

savage_mel
04-21-14, 09:00 AM
The dead tree used to be a resource for living wood. Is this not the case anymore? I must have chopped down 20 of those suckers and not one living wood!

PikaSquirrel
04-21-14, 11:12 AM
Dead Trees will not drop Living Wood.

maguar
04-21-14, 01:54 PM
Thanks PikaSquirrel for clearing this up. I've changed this bit in the FAQ.

savage_mel
04-21-14, 02:55 PM
You had me thinking I was crazy. Then I found this....
kooky panda
Senior Moderator
My best luck was with the deadwood trees. I bought and placed them.
Need me? Send Me A PM
Lost your games or have a new device? Try the new
Login feature
Need Help? support@teamlava.com

So I was right. Dead tree did drop living wood at some point but it's been changed

glimmergate
04-21-14, 04:03 PM
hey mel, we haven't changed living wood droprates for over a year, and we haven't removed them from any items either. kooky_panda may have been mistaken, or referring to a different item?

infinitelove19
04-23-14, 03:51 PM
hey mel, we haven't changed living wood droprates for over a year, and we haven't removed them from any items either. kooky_panda may have been mistaken, or referring to a different item?

I was wondering about this. Really upset that I bought dead trees for nothing. In that thread several ppl checked and asked if Dead Trees were really a source for living wood & it was confirmed. So annoyng to be mislead!!!

kooky panda
04-23-14, 04:25 PM
I was wondering about this. Really upset that I bought dead trees for nothing. In that thread several ppl checked and asked if Dead Trees were really a source for living wood & it was confirmed. So annoyng to be mislead!!!
I am really sorry about my post ( made in Nov 2012). I am usually really careful with posts like this, but since Glimmergate said that the dead trees have never dropped living wood,
I can only guess that I must of just posted the wrong name of the tree that was giving my the living wood.

It was never my intention to mislead anyone.

michieboony
04-23-14, 05:06 PM
I am really sorry about my post ( made in Nov 2012). I am usually really careful with posts like this, but since Glimmergate said that the dead trees have never dropped living wood,
I can only guess that I must of just posted the wrong name of the tree that was giving my the living wood.

So... Does anyone have information about possible source to get living wood other than rare droppings from the sawmill or crafting in the potion shop (I'm out of wood now). Help!

roguebee
04-23-14, 05:45 PM
You can always buy Willow trees from the Market and grow them to chop down. They are the cheapest at 300 coins. You might get one per tree, plus the wood and maybe a couple of sap. I lost track of the number I've bought in the last week to make ornate beams and various pastes.

forkyfork99
04-23-14, 05:46 PM
You can always buy Willow trees from the Market and grow them to chop down. They are the cheapest at 300 coins. You might get one per tree, plus the wood and maybe a couple of sap. I lost track of the number I've bought in the last week to make ornate beams and various pastes.

Willow trees rock (except that they are 2x2, but other than that - they're awesome!)

Crab apple trees are good too because they only have a 3 minute recharge time and they still offer 10 choppings.

maguar
04-24-14, 03:17 AM
Old logs - no energy required to grow them, they drop woods and can drop petals etc so you'll get stuff to craft living wood.

Other places that can drop it - trees that you grow (20% chance I believe), sawmills, sir pig, magic garden, faerie respite, goddess tree, grow faeriebulb seeds, feed the baron

savage_mel
04-24-14, 10:19 AM

Kooky, I'm pretty certain you were not mistaken. Back in 2012 when I started playing, I remember using dead trees as a resource for living wood. And as infinitelove pointed out, it was confirmed several times.

Anyway, I'm also having a heck of a time gathering living wood! My sawmills have been very stingy with it and I bought and placed one of every tree hoping to find one I'd have some luck with. After chopping them all, I got one living wood from a crabapple tree and that was it. So I bought a couple more but they didn't give me anymore living wood. I've chopped several old logs and nothing! It's getting pretty frustrating

maguar
04-24-14, 01:56 PM
The old logs won't drop living wood but they can drop the ingredients to craft them - as well as other items like Glimmerdust, mushrooms