PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else sick of trying to spawn dire boars and getting no where?

stuffedmounts
04-18-14, 01:28 PM
I've done nothing but chop only stuff that spawns them for days and I'm lucky to get even 1 a day (that likely doesn't even drop anything good). Really sick of it. Honestly, it's so annoying that it's making me lose interest in CS. Am I the only one?

doobievilla
04-18-14, 01:29 PM
No your not the only one.. geez

sabrinashal
04-18-14, 01:46 PM
i told you guys already ...... USE Iron Rich Rock!!!

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62916

Note: Those of you having trouble finding boars, try these:

- Sparkling Mine
- Ivy's Hut
- Thurston's Fort
- Tablet of Tabernum
- Magic Garden
- Iron Rich Rock <<< I strongly recommend Iron Rich Rock !!! >>>
- Ponds
- Wells
- Strawberries

stuffedmounts
04-18-14, 02:23 PM
i told you guys already ...... USE Iron Rich Rock!!!
I tested your theory just now. I bought & chopped 6 iron rich rocks. That's 48 chops total. A dire boar showed up on the very last chop. From that I got 1 tusk and 1 troll essence. I bought & chopped 5 more iron rich rocks. After 40 chops, I received only coins and coal. No dire boars, no silver, no jewels...

So in total... 88 chops got me 1 gold nugget, 1 boar tusk, 1 troll essence, a few silver, a few jewels, and a bunch of coal. It cost me 57,200 coins and refilling my energy twice using 2 of my 3 alicorns. That's not any better than chopping/checking the other stuff (strawberries, ponds, mines, etc). Between the lack of burning ember and the lack of dire boars, I'm losing interest in this game. It's just not fun when you don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. This seems like just another quest to be stuck on for months & months, getting nowhere but more & more aggravated.

Wollstonecraft
04-18-14, 07:13 PM
I tested your theory just now. I bought & chopped 6 iron rich rocks. That's 48 chops total. A dire boar showed up on the very last chop. From that I got 1 tusk and 1 troll essence. I bought & chopped 5 more iron rich rocks. After 40 chops, I received only coins and coal. No dire boars, no silver, no jewels...

So in total... 88 chops got me 1 gold nugget, 1 boar tusk, 1 troll essence, a few silver, a few jewels, and a bunch of coal. It cost me 57,200 coins and refilling my energy twice using 2 of my 3 alicorns. That's not any better than chopping/checking the other stuff (strawberries, ponds, mines, etc). Between the lack of burning ember and the lack of dire boars, I'm losing interest in this game. It's just not fun when you don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. This seems like just another quest to be stuck on for months & months, getting nowhere but more & more aggravated.

I've chopped countless iron rich rock and gotten exactly zero boars from it. While I am glad it works for some, it does not appear to work for all. I think it's worth experimenting with the suggestions others have posted and finding what works in your kingdom. Good luck!

maguar
04-18-14, 08:38 PM
There is a luck factor in getting them (certain percentages on certain actions). TL had taken on board the feedback and increased the number of thenigns that can trigger them. Glimmergate and Aggwynn are pretty cool at taking on board our feedback and tinkering with things so there's always hope. Don't forget that when the next part of the troll quest comes out we'll be back to being overrun by boars.

Here's the thread (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?66930-Castle-Story-03-27-2014-Update-Troll-Tribe-Part-2) for more on boars and related things.

I hope your luck picks up soon.