PDA

View Full Version : Grouping dragons in fun and amusing ways

sapphirecross
04-17-14, 10:49 PM
Just wondering how people group their dragons. Do you group related "themes" - like all Halloween dragons together? Do you try to balance them all to earn about the same amount of money? Do you just stick them in the next available spot?

I like to group mine with themes in mind. So my seabreeze with island, puff my magic dragon with wizard, equinox and planet, etc. So I've been greatly amused having my vampire and Venetian (named Venice) together on a purple habitat. I need an illusion dragon maybe to go with, or cyber. Unless TL comes out with a purple one named sonic lol.

For those who might not have gotten the reference: Dr Who episode Vampires in Venice. :)

Anyone else with an amusing grouping or one you enjoy?

metsfreek
04-18-14, 12:55 PM
I typically group in order to maximize coin profits. However I got lazy, and group to avoid duplicates of the same structure. Ex, Rose, White Rose, Life, Flower into different habitats.

DeQ757
04-18-14, 02:57 PM
I've been grouping Firestorm design dragons together lately. They're so expressive in the baby & juvenile designs.

Grouped all Clockwork dragons, Love dragons, Genie dragons, and Island dragons together so far. Makes it easier to find them for Evolving and Trading. Oh, yes... those Titan dragons... they're all in one habitat, too. A big one! Already evolved and traded three of the seven I had to free up habitat space.

How could I have forgotten those adorable Magic dragons! Four are together in a habitat, too.

I enjoy decorating and thinking up different ways to arrange habitats & dragons. That's half the fun for me.

Tetelestai72
04-18-14, 04:39 PM
Mine are also grouped together to maximize profits, especially since I can only collect a few times a day with my schedule. I try to have more of the habitats that have higher coin limits and put dragons in the habitat that has the highest coin limit. For example, since coral dragons are blue and purple, and my purple habitat holds $6000 coins while my blue only holds $4320, so it makes more sense to put him in purple. Not super fun or anything, but over time it does help pay for lots of food!

deamon506
04-19-14, 01:54 PM
All my dragons are in the habitat that holds the most coins, and I am aiming to have each habitat make as close as possible the amount of money possible

sapphirecross
04-19-14, 07:33 PM
I group by profit also, but since a lot of dragons earn similar amounts, I still have some flexibility to make fun groups. :)

But I group differently by profit. I used to put them all in their highest earning color, but I found it wasn't as good when I could log in more often. Some dragons earn a lot and their habitats would fill fast and max out and not earn more, others earned too slow and took forever to max.

Mostly what I do now is put commons in their lowest color, unless I have a habitat that is earning very fast and I need to slow the rate. I try to balance so all habitats are full in 2-3 hours. Most dragons go in the highest earning habitat they can, unless I need to group something with commons to earn higher. This way works best for me when I can log in hourly or two, checking arena, but still good if I can only get on every 3-4 hours.

Examples: my one fire habitat has fire, life, wild. My coral dragon is in a blue because it earns low compared to other purples but decent for a blue.

chalupa2030
04-19-14, 08:13 PM
I have a Nursery Island! LOVE it! All babies! The Firestorm is priceless. At one stage he walks and then flops on his face! His name is Flops:)

Then ~ I have one or two babies with the epic dragon. Very cool and so fun!

Come see!

Then I have my Egyptian Island too!

benjessie
04-20-14, 09:48 AM
I have a nursery too!

chalupa2030
04-20-14, 10:01 AM
Yay! Power to the baby dragons!

toneyeltigre
04-20-14, 10:31 AM
group by profit i have 4 Champions all epic ea in their own habitat highest makers are Dynasty and Paladin 3400/hr ea and 4 pink one dragon ea 1400/hr, and the rest are even balanced for max profit, no duplicates

danni7788
04-20-14, 12:03 PM
I have a nursery too!

Me too! I'll have to check out yours! :)

dangerb0y
04-20-14, 01:50 PM
I have a neighbor who keeps 3 forms of the same dragon on 1 habitat. To me, she has the most interesting island I have seen.

I have another neighbor that has about 90% love dragons, all with white habitats. If you stare long enough you can enter a hypnotic state.

I had a neighbor where 99% of dragons were Forest dragons at epic level.

Personally I want all my super rares(and certain rares) at epic level and to have their own habitat(to show off). But I breed so many commons and they generate so much income that I have a hard time getting rid of them.

sapphirecross
04-22-14, 09:06 PM
I have a neighbor who keeps 3 forms of the same dragon on 1 habitat. To me, she has the most interesting island I have seen.

I have another neighbor that has about 90% love dragons, all with white habitats. If you stare long enough you can enter a hypnotic state.

I had a neighbor where 99% of dragons were Forest dragons at epic level.

Personally I want all my super rares(and certain rares) at epic level and to have their own habitat(to show off). But I breed so many commons and they generate so much income that I have a hard time getting rid of them.

Oh I have a neighbor like that who has lots of epic passion dragons - looks really awesome! She quit game though.

But some people have the coolest islands and decorations. My habitats are just all crammed together lol. I have the boost buildings and the sphinx - everything else is dragons. :)

Though I did get carnival dragon finally! Now I have a blue party habitat with carnival and clown with ice cream social. It's the happening spot on my island at the moment!

Emeralding
04-25-14, 10:48 AM
I have a Wizard of Oz theme with 2 of my habs. Glinda the Goodwitch is with the Wizard. Beside them are my verzions of the lion(Topaz), tinman (Steampunk) and Scarecrow. They are on an island with the Fairytale habs. I have my Castle in the Sky (looks like a pirate ship) between them for Captain Hook. I have no space at all so they are all crammed together but I have fun with it :)

Hostler
04-25-14, 11:20 AM
I only keep SR dragon duplicates, so I put them together so I don't keep more than two of the same kinds. I also like to keep all my night, jewel, royal together. This is my bragging right places. lol