PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't RS & BS the same?

tasteofheavenowner
04-17-14, 08:33 PM
In RS story my food is gone over night and goes so quickly that I'm making food all the time as quick as I can. In bakery story my counters are full and now I've been only making the food for goals so I have about 4 appliances cooking and my counters are still packed and have been for weeks. I have 30,000+ of multiple food items on my counters and it is really annoying. Why is RS so fast and BS so slow. It makes since to me to even them out because I play both and usually do similar things in both games. It's also a pain because bakery story is awesome and I wanna cook new foods and complete all the food, but I don't want to have a bakery just full of counters everywhere. Is this just me that this happens to and can I change it somehow? TL please change this! :)

PoisonThorne
04-18-14, 03:24 AM
I have absolutely no clue why this is and I feel your pain! I do not have as much food as you sound like you do in Bakery, but I do not run out every night. With the amount of food I do have left in the morning, I can see this becoming a problem later as well. When I first started, I thought maybe my restaurant story layout was really awesome or something lol! That is, until I saw all the posts here and in the bakery story forum saying the exact same thing. I was just asking on the profits thread about some layouts I have seen to slow down the consumption of my restaurant food, without accidentally glitching and getting the bug where all of your food sells in a couple seconds :(

LavaRain8
04-18-14, 03:32 PM
I would have thought that BS would usually sell out faster due to how quickly the customers eat on there vs RS. However, I think it may be the portions. For goal dishes even, you get a LOT more portions usually. For example, the Fruit Bar in RS gives you 350 plates for 4 hrs. The Royal Oven on BS gives you 900 for the same 4 hrs. For Fruit Flowers, you get 775 for 10 hrs. For Royal Palace Cake, you get 1550 for 10 hrs. So...yeah. The portions per hr seem to be a lot more generous on BS that I've found, so that may be a part of the reason for the overflow.

angelmama24
04-18-14, 03:49 PM
I've put all my ovens in storage in BS. I'll start cooking again when we get new goals. I'm hoping to get rid of some counters. Still cooking in RS though, and I have very few counters.

tasteofheavenowner
04-18-14, 07:02 PM
It's crazy TL even things out!

ElaineCarrel
04-18-14, 07:10 PM
I only have 2 ovens out in RS and they're the Egg Stove and the Shamrock Oven. They're the only 1s I've got left 2 max on and I'm on the third recipe 4 both of them. I've got 2 many counters out right now and I want 2 clear sme out. Opps I misspoke. I've got 16 reg stoves out 2 master the 2 new recipes we got this wk. As soon as they're mastered I'll b down 2 the 2.
In BS I've got 5 single appliances out so I can max on them and then a combo of ovens and drink machines to cook RVC and EGT.
I'm glad that the 2 r a little bit different cuz it keeps things interesting. I think that if both were identical I'd b bored.

PoisonThorne
04-19-14, 12:42 PM
I would have thought that BS would usually sell out faster due to how quickly the customers eat on there vs RS. However, I think it may be the portions. For goal dishes even, you get a LOT more portions usually. For example, the Fruit Bar in RS gives you 350 plates for 4 hrs. The Royal Oven on BS gives you 900 for the same 4 hrs. For Fruit Flowers, you get 775 for 10 hrs. For Royal Palace Cake, you get 1550 for 10 hrs. So...yeah. The portions per hr seem to be a lot more generous on BS that I've found, so that may be a part of the reason for the overflow.

I agree the goal recipes have a lot to do with it! It would seem to me the RS goal items are less income as well :( I could be mistaken, can't check right now everything is full up cooking with 10 hr times lol! I have had the majority of the restaurant blocked off for 24 hours. Im going to finish what Ihave cooking now and try reopening it up when I start cooking my real life Easter stuff and see how it goes. It's just so frustrating to keep running out of food while trying to save up for expansion!

tasteofheavenowner
04-19-14, 07:40 PM
I'm not saying identical yes that would be boring. But more even like how in one there's a ton of food and the other I can't keep enough in my restaurant. It makes it where I'm not even playing BS because there's so much food and like I said I don't want a bakery full of counters.

jmterao
04-20-14, 08:59 AM
I'm not saying identical yes that would be boring. But more even like how in one there's a ton of food and the other I can't keep enough in my restaurant. It makes it where I'm not even playing BS because there's so much food and like I said I don't want a bakery full of counters.

What I do is when food starts backing up, make some recipes that take a long time. Baked Chicken, Peking Duck or Stew. Usually that solves the problem and I net more money as I am not spending it on recipes.

tennysonrobin
04-20-14, 09:37 PM
I have the same problem. In RS the counters are always emptied when I wake up in the morning, while in BS I have stopped cooking for quite some time to get rid of some old and ugly recipes which pile up to more than 200,000 plates. And my place is full of decorations so there's not so much space for counters either. So annoying!!! I regret trying to master too quickly, now I have to wait for my customers to eat all leftover, and it's gonna take me ages to start cooking again

tasteofheavenowner
04-21-14, 01:26 AM
Yeah I've stooped cooking for quite a while (except for goals) and stick have a stockpile.

jim23cash
04-21-14, 03:19 AM
What I don't understand is why the menu on one has "Messages" first, then "Social"and the other one has them the other way around! I can't tell you how many times I've hit one when I meant to choose the other! Seriously, that should be easy to make the same! And the Telephone and Camera icons are switched around, and different colors. Why?? I select camera about twenty percent of the time, when I always am trying to select telephone.
Everything else on the menus seems to be uniform between the games, why not these items??
TL PLEASE make the menus in RS and BS both have the social button and messages button in the same order! And please also make the camera and phone in the same order also!
Thank you!