PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 04/17/2014 Update Fortune Teller Quests

Aggwynn
04-17-14, 10:49 AM
Hi All,

Here is today's update.

1) Fortune Teller Tent
We added 7 new fortunes. Collect from your Fortune Teller tent a few times to start. You will only get the new ones if you completed the fortunes before it.

NEW Fortunes
The Living Wood Fortune
The Clerk's Mistake Fortune
The Glowing Fortune
The Mischievous Spirit Fortune
Ivy's Hungry Tummy
The Pointy Fortune
The Magic Beans Fortune

2) Troll Tribe Part 4
Use this time to catch up! Troll Tribe Part 4 is next Thursday!

Happy Hunting!
-Aggwynn and Glimmergate :o:cool:

Aggwynn
04-17-14, 10:49 AM
edit(KP) 6-2-14

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/0498EC75-AD9E-454E-BECA-01F320F20D74_zpsirvyjis1.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/0498EC75-AD9E-454E-BECA-01F320F20D74_zpsirvyjis1.png.html)
(The reward now for this fortune is a simple feast. )

Edit(KP) Extra Information

NOTE: There are normally a few collections between fortunes. You may need to wait up to 7 collections between fortunes, though most see new fortunes after 4 or fewer collections.

Original fortunes

Original thread is here (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458).

1.The Bountiful Fortune
Harvest Wheat x 15
Rewards: Wheat harvests doubled for 15 times

2.The Sparkle Fortune
(Check everywhere for something sparkley)
Collect from Talinum Auranticum x 1 (the yellow/orange flower)
Rewards: 5 Gems

3.The Egg Fortune
Battle Skunkupines x 5
(Ivy says to battle one more skunkupine)
Battle Skunkupines x 1
Rewards:Golden Egg x 1

4.The Water Fortune
(Check the waters)
Collect from Pond x 1
Rewards: Mermaid Scales x 10

5.The Lip Puckering Fortune
(Check every tree)
Chop down Dead Tree x 3
Rewards: Random fruits(apples, lemons , and oranges)

6.The Booby Trap Fortune
(Be careful around the Kingdom)
Collect from Cottage x 1
Rewards: Enchanted Block x 1

7.The Glimmerdust Fortune
(Where could we find Glimmerdust)
Collect from Mushroom plant x 1
*Mushroom Patch/Mushroom Circle/Red Mushroom Circle
Rewards: Glimmerdust x 10

8.The Precious Metal Fortune
(Where could this metal be)
Chop Fern Patch x 1
Rewards: Mithril x 1

9.The Other Booby Trap Fortune
(Where it could be)
Collect from Farmhouse x 1
Rewards: Enchanted Beam x 1

10.The Hyper Kingdom Fortune
(Where do we get snacks at)
Collect from Market x 1
Rewards: Sugar x 5

11.The Luminous Meeting Fortune
(Visit a Garden, I guess)
Collect from Magic Garden x 1
Rewards: Magic Fruit x 5

12.The Pungent Fortune
(What's really smelly)
Collect from Troll Pit x 1
Rewards: Troll Essence x 5

13.The Malicious Fortune
(I'm starving)
Collect from Old Thomas House x 1
Rewards: Mysterious Venom x 2

14.The Funny Fortune
(Is a Minstrel coming)
Chop Fern Patch x 1

15.The Hero Fortune
(Maybe we should go watch a show)
Collect from Theater x 1
Rewards: Longsword x 3

New fortunes

The Living Wood Fortune
(Where would we find living wood)
Collect from Sawmill x 1
Rewards: Living wood x 9

(Can you help me send this letter to my sister Belladonna)
Trade with Belladonna x 1 (royal exchange)
*Trade with Belladonna: Living wood x 15, Mushrooms x 30, Rat Tails x 15
Rewards: Extra trade ticket x 1

The Glowing Fortune
(I see Radiant Skin in your future)
Collect from Conservatory x 1
Rewards: Floral Glow x 2

(Finish the Mystery Craft)
Craft Mystery Fortune x 1 (Workshop)
Mystery Fortune: Glimmerdust x 10, Stones x 30, Purple Dyes x 3 (20mins)
Rewards: Rainbow Pot x 1 (Random Reward?)

Ivy's Hungry Tummy
Give Skunku-pie x 1
Rewards: Nothing? (see top of thread for Part II)-If you completed this one and did not get a reward.
Simple feast is now the reward.

The reward for this goal is Ivy's assistance in telling your next fortune. Ivy's requesting the Skunku-pie because she's a bit hungry from helping with all of the previous fortunes. Help her out a bit, and she'll help you in return!

The Pointy Fortune
(Just Stroll around the Kingdom)
Collect from Market x 1
Rewards: Troll Club x 2

The Magic Beans Fortune
(One of these animals will give you Magic Beans)
Collect from Purple Cow x 1
Rewards: Dark Seeds x 5

pattipenguin
04-17-14, 10:50 AM
Thank you!

fuzzyelfone
04-17-14, 10:54 AM
please to give us a list of all the fortunes in order?

eepopp
04-17-14, 10:55 AM

Since I don't have the Fortune Teller Tent, I guess I'll be farming for Boar Tusks, Feral Magic and going on Feral Adventures to stock up on Dire Boar Pelts then.

Was Part 4 pushed back? That means Part 5 may land on May 1st?

Aggwynn
04-17-14, 10:57 AM
Sure! Added them.

Aggwynn
04-17-14, 10:59 AM
Was Part 4 pushed back? That means Part 5 may land on May 1st?

Not pushed back =) This was the schedule we had in mind from the start.

Yes, the story will conclude on May 1st. And we can't wait!

Anyuszko
04-17-14, 11:01 AM
Sorry but I dont understand. Does it mean that today we will get only the fortune teller update and no troll update?

m1stery
04-17-14, 11:03 AM
Bit disappointed that we're not getting Troll goal continuation....
I hope that these new fortunes will keep me busy enough.......

zoeee87
04-17-14, 11:05 AM
I think fortunes are fun!! Thanks!

GC5410
04-17-14, 11:09 AM
Not pushed back =) This was the schedule we had in mind from the start.

Yes, the story will conclude on May 1st. And we can't wait!

Your post in the April sneak peak says "Parts 3, 4 and 5 are scheduled to go out in April as well"

Aggwynn
04-17-14, 11:23 AM
Your post in the April sneak peak says "Parts 3, 4 and 5 are scheduled to go out in April as well"

=( Sadly Thursday for that week lands on May 1st

GC5410
04-17-14, 11:29 AM
=( Sadly Thursday for that week lands on May 1st

Haha someone forgot to look at the calender before posting ;-)

lordviv
04-17-14, 11:30 AM
It's a lot of effort constantly adding content and gameplay and despite a fairly slow 2013 start.. This game has been rocking us with super updates.. Yes, they have been frustrating as well but been a lot of fun.. So thank you and hope the show never stops :)

GC5410
04-17-14, 11:34 AM
Should have been clear, I'm not complaining, just cheekily teasing about the date :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-17-14, 11:34 AM
:/ ... No Easter egg hunt, no bunnies ... :/

Oh well.... thanks for new fortunes.

forkyfork99
04-17-14, 12:09 PM
:/ ... No Easter egg hunt, no bunnies ... :/

Oh well.... thanks for new fortunes.

Yeah that's right. Didn't they say there was gonna be something for Easter?

Won't someone think of the bunnies?????

farmergrandma
04-17-14, 12:15 PM
Uh.....how many times is a few? You do realize it's a 22 hour regeneration.

MiniLaura
04-17-14, 12:20 PM
Uh.....how many times is a few? You do realize it's a 22 hour regeneration.

With previous fortunes, you had to collect 1-7 times between fortunes. I believe most had to collect 2-4 times before new fortunes appeared.

lordviv
04-17-14, 12:21 PM
Should have been clear, I'm not complaining, just cheekily teasing about the date :)

I just wanted to appreciate the game.. I know you were not complaining .. Wasn't meant as a reply to your date post :D

Gardienn
04-17-14, 12:22 PM
Boo. I don't have the tent and don't plan to get one. Guess I'll go collect from my buildings instead of waiting for the update. Thanks for the heads up on part 4.

zoo123g
04-17-14, 12:56 PM
aww i wanted part 4 of troll tribe :( but woo hoo for more fortunes

fino212
04-17-14, 01:18 PM
I for one am glad part 4 doesn't come out till next week as I'm still only halfway through part 3. Would've probably been finished if it wasn't for these boar pelts I've had to give to Kaz's abode as I only got 2 in the feral adventure so needed to do another adventure but haven't had enough tusks until now to make all the clubs and horns I need. Just sent it out today so waiting till tomorrow for it to return with hopefully 2 more pelts so I can continue but I've noticed I need more clubs for the tool rack so will have to hope for more tusks. These boars are really slow to appear and give out the needed items as I keep maxing out on strawberries so have to stop harvesting them while I make more sundaes. So fortune teller is a welcome distraction for me from this boa-ring monotony.

dragon2046
04-17-14, 01:26 PM
Totally off the subject but can castle story be transferred from one iPhone to another ? I may be going with new carrier and a new phone number. Don't want to loose over a years worth of castle story. Love this game! Can I delete from current phone and the go to App Store and get it back in new phone some how or transfer to pc and get back? Thanks

Lavendah42
04-17-14, 01:36 PM
I've almost finished part 3 if Troll Tribe, but as I am also waiting on a Diamond so I can cook a dragon egg, I still have something to work on. And there is always things to stock up on!

zoo123g
04-17-14, 01:38 PM
anyone got the first fortune yet?

meme1098
04-17-14, 01:50 PM
Totally off the subject but can castle story be transferred from one iPhone to another ? I may be going with new carrier and a new phone number. Don't want to loose over a years worth of castle story. Love this game! Can I delete from current phone and the go to App Store and get it back in new phone some how or transfer to pc and get back? Thanks

You can transfer all your TL games using the login feature available through restaurant story.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

Its a great feature.

Zummat
04-17-14, 02:00 PM
i was hoping we would at least be able to dye some our eggs for easter. LOL! Oh well...

I've been getting fortunes all along so at least we get some new ones. Happy Easter everyone. :cool:

mymummy789
04-17-14, 02:13 PM
I for one am glad part 4 doesn't come out till next week as I'm still only halfway through part 3. Would've probably been finished if it wasn't for these boar pelts I've had to give to Kaz's abode as I only got 2 in the feral adventure so needed to do another adventure but haven't had enough tusks until now to make all the clubs and horns I need. Just sent it out today so waiting till tomorrow for it to return with hopefully 2 more pelts so I can continue but I've noticed I need more clubs for the tool rack so will have to hope for more tusks. These boars are really slow to appear and give out the needed items as I keep maxing out on strawberries so have to stop harvesting them while I make more sundaes. So fortune teller is a welcome distraction for me from this boa-ring monotony.
I am also glad we have a week off as I have not done part 3 either (lack of troll magic - whatever it's called!!). Plus it is a holiday weekend which means hubby is around, which means I get stern looks if I am sitting around playing daft games all day!!!!!

dragon2046
04-17-14, 02:15 PM
You can transfer all your TL games using the login feature available through restaurant story.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

Its a great feature.
Thank u so much ! :). Yeah!!!!

farmergrandma
04-17-14, 02:26 PM
Thx😊😊😊. Patience, patience.

fuzzyelfone
04-17-14, 02:39 PM
por que the list of fortunes? por favor :)

555KC555
04-17-14, 02:57 PM
How do I get the fortune teller? Is it only by buying it with gems? or is there a goal that it will be for free? I'm level 32 now.
Thanks.

MiniLaura
04-17-14, 03:04 PM
por que the list of fortunes? por favor :)

The list of the previous fortunes are in this older thread (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458). The list of the new fortune is on the first page (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?67739-Castle-Story-04-17-2014-Update-Fortune-Teller-Quests&p=887798&viewfull=1#post887798) of this current thread. So far no one has reported getting a new fortune. Unless someone skips ahead with gems, we most likely won't hear about the new fortunes until tomorrow at the earliest.

How do I get the fortune teller? Is it only by buying it with gems? or is there a goal that it will be for free? I'm level 32 now.
Thanks.

Fortune Teller is purchased with gems only. No quest will lead to it.

shipower
04-17-14, 03:10 PM
The Living Wood Fortune
Collect from Sawmill x 1

The Glowing Fortune

Ivy's Hungry Tummy
Give Skunku-pie x 1
Rewards: Nothing?

The Pointy Fortune
Collect from Market x 1

The Magic Beans Fortune

eepopp
04-17-14, 03:37 PM
The Living Wood Fortune
Collect from Sawmill x 1

The Glowing Fortune

Ivy's Hungry Tummy
Give Skunku-pie x 1

The Pointy Fortune
Collect from Market x 1

The Magic Beans Fortune

@shipower - Wow! Thanks shipower! You're a beast!

New Fortunes / Fortune Teller Tent feedback:

I never bought the Fortune Teller Tent, and after reviewing the rewards for the first 15 fortunes and now the new 7 fortunes, I think I'm good with never having purchased it.

While the Fortune Teller Tent seems to have been a good idea to provide players an occasional bonus, boost, luck, good fortune, etc, I'm guessing that continued development support for it will eventually cost more than any revenues generated from 250 Gem sale purchases for the building.

Personally, I would love to see the Fortune Teller Tent swing the randomness of the non-story fortunes back to the future or past lore of Castle Story. For example, I would love to see Ivy give a crystal ball Fortune that kicked off a quest helping the Ruler find the heir or become the true heir of the kingdom.

To be blunt, I think that time spent on future development of random, non-core fortunes could be better spent on furthering the storyline of the game. It was an interesting experiment launched in August 2013, but I would hazard a guess that TeamLava would see higher gem purchases from players advancing time forward in core quest lines, new functional animals (adamant dragon, chimera, et), or functional buildings (i.e. 3rd kitchen).

To my fellow players, what are your thoughts on the desire for future and non-story-related fortunes? Truly interested? Or a desire to justify a 250 gem purchase?

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-17-14, 03:48 PM
(...)
Ivy's Hungry Tummy
Give Skunku-pie x 1

Huh?? ... Does the skunkupie recipe appear in the kitchen for this part? (I've never randomly received this item from trades or Sir P or wherever it's coming from...)
...and no reward??

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-17-14, 03:52 PM
New Fortunes / Fortune Teller Tent feedback:
(Edit...)
To my fellow players, what are your thoughts on the desire for future and non-story-related fortunes? Truly interested? Or a desire to justify a 250 gem purchase?
Personally, I enjoy the randomness of the fortunes & don't feel like they have to follow the main storyline... And I think the tent is adorable...and purple is my fave color lol

eepopp
04-17-14, 04:00 PM
Personally, I enjoy the randomness of the fortunes & don't feel like they have to follow the main storyline... And I think the tent is adorable...and purple is my fave color lol

Let me put this another way.

Would you prefer to have had 7 fortunes today, or 7 mini quests to unlock something like a Chocolate Bunny that dropped (pooped) out Chocolate for Easter?

The 7 Fortunes today only service the players that purchased a Fortune Teller Tent.
The latter would have been accessible by everyone, and if it was limited to 1-2 weeks, would have probably generated a lot more Gem purchases.

I'm not saying that the tent isn't attractive. I think it looks interesting. I'm asking whether you would want new fortunes.

shipower
04-17-14, 04:01 PM
Huh?? ... Does the skunkupie recipe appear in the kitchen for this part? (I've never randomly received this item from trades or Sir P or wherever it's coming from...)
...and no reward??

Nope, I checked it as well. I did not have the pie so I just skipped(5 gems) it.
Ivy's Hungry Tummy and The Pointy Fortune seemed to be one fortune split into two. I shouldn't spoil too much for others:)

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-17-14, 04:08 PM
Let me put this another way.

Would you prefer to have had 7 fortunes today, or 7 mini quests to unlock something like a Chocolate Bunny that dropped (pooped) out Chocolate for Easter?

The 7 Fortunes today only service the players that purchased a Fortune Teller Tent.
The latter would have been accessible by everyone, and if it was limited to 1-2 weeks, would have probably generated a lot more Gem purchases.

I'm not saying that the tent isn't attractive. I think it looks interesting. I'm asking whether you would want new fortunes.

Did I want new fortunes today instead of something for Easter that everyone could have had fun participating in? -- no, definitely not (already made my feelings known earlier in this thread about no Easter-related update today)
But your original question asked for more generic feedback about the fortune teller tent, so that's what I was responding to.
Personally, I think IN ADDITION to new fortunes, something more accessible for all players should have been released today for Easter (TL has released multiple updates on Thursdays before).
But overall, I like the fortune teller tent.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-17-14, 04:10 PM
Nope, I checked it as well. I did not have the pie so I just skipped(5 gems) it.
Ivy's Hungry Tummy and The Pointy Fortune seemed to be one fortune split into two. I shouldn't spoil too much for others:)

Hmm, that's odd... Guess I'll wait til I get to that fortune to see what you're talking about.
,..and WOW, thanks for the speed-thru to let us all know what's ahead! :)

ConnectFire611
04-17-14, 05:09 PM
I think I got a pie from the trading with Belladonna in the Royal Exchange.

fino212
04-17-14, 05:12 PM
I think I got a pie from the trading with Belladonna in the Royal Exchange.

Me too! I've had 2 skunkupies now from belladonna exchange

kazkgb
04-17-14, 05:37 PM
Yea, not upfront about time frames, starting to get really fed up! Let's you do a. Task but telling you it's finished

calesi30
04-17-14, 06:10 PM
You can still harvest strawberries even if you are maxed out. You don't really lose much because you make coins and have the opportunity to spawn boar! I plant plots of carrots everyday to make coins (best cost-profit return IMO) and I have been maxed out for ages as I don't really use them for much.

dracoonic
04-17-14, 08:03 PM
hello i havent been able to get fortune for 2 months and i tried all the list down there. what should i do?

pixsmith
04-17-14, 10:27 PM
I like the fortune teller tent. I like having goals and things to do that don't always push the story forward. Castle Story is my favourite game by a looooong way and it's because of the variety of options available to players.

If you don't like the fortune teller tent, that's fine. If you're disappointed that there wasn't an Easter thread, that's okay too. But please don't connect the two, like TL did the fortune teller work at the expense of an Easter goal.

Enjoy the hundreds of other things you can be doing in your kingdom.

New Fortunes / Fortune Teller Tent feedback:[/U]

I never bought the Fortune Teller Tent, and after reviewing the rewards for the first 15 fortunes and now the new 7 fortunes, I think I'm good with never having purchased it.

While the Fortune Teller Tent seems to have been a good idea to provide players an occasional bonus, boost, luck, good fortune, etc, I'm guessing that continued development support for it will eventually cost more than any revenues generated from 250 Gem sale purchases for the building.

Personally, I would love to see the Fortune Teller Tent swing the randomness of the non-story fortunes back to the future or past lore of Castle Story. For example, I would love to see Ivy give a crystal ball Fortune that kicked off a quest helping the Ruler find the heir or become the true heir of the kingdom.

To be blunt, I think that time spent on future development of random, non-core fortunes could be better spent on furthering the storyline of the game. It was an interesting experiment launched in August 2013, but I would hazard a guess that TeamLava would see higher gem purchases from players advancing time forward in core quest lines, new functional animals (adamant dragon, chimera, et), or functional buildings (i.e. 3rd kitchen).

ashaleene
04-18-14, 12:03 AM
I'm up to date with my fortune teller quests however I can't seem to get this one started... I thought this month we were getting a list of fortune teller quests that we collected, ie somewhere in our menu page...any help??

FlowerBurst
04-18-14, 05:15 AM
I'm up to date with my fortune teller quests however I can't seem to get this one started... I thought this month we were getting a list of fortune teller quests that we collected, ie somewhere in our menu page...any help??

You have to visit the tent a "few" times before it starts. Mine hasn't started either--not sure how many visits it will take before it begins.

SpiritWind00
04-18-14, 05:20 AM

Check the first post again, it has been kindly posted there. As to starting the first fortune, it can take multi collections (days) for the first fortune to trigger, so be patient.

I agree that's it nice to do something a little different in the game; I like the tent and if you can afford to get it, then do.

QueenCarolyn
04-18-14, 05:30 AM
I'm still stuck on the Precious metal fortune. Where should we look? Thanks.

MiniLaura
04-18-14, 09:10 AM
I'm still stuck on the Precious metal fortune. Where should we look? Thanks.

Chop a fern! List of older fortunes is found here (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458). (And now linked to on the first page of this thread for your convenience!)

bermudabubble
04-18-14, 09:58 AM
Hi All,

Here is today's update.

1) Fortune Teller Tent
We added 7 new fortunes. Collect from your Fortune Teller tent a few times to start. You will only get the new ones if you completed the fortunes before it.

NEW Fortunes
The Living Wood Fortune
The Glowing Fortune
Ivy's Hungry Tummy
The Pointy Fortune
The Magic Beans Fortune

2) Troll Tribe Part 4

Happy Hunting!

I have the lip puckering fortune, I have cut done so many trees and have not managed to open this fortune. Any idea what it's all about?

glimmergate
04-18-14, 02:36 PM
I have the lip puckering fortune, I have cut done so many trees and have not managed to open this fortune. Any idea what it's all about?

Try chopping a couple Dead Trees and see if that works :)

Wollstonecraft
04-18-14, 07:08 PM
Thanks! I think the fortunes are really fun.

Katrien01
04-19-14, 09:32 AM
Waiting for 3 days now to have new fortunes !!! I finished all other goals but still I do not get an update..? What I'm I doing wrong..?

zoo123g
04-19-14, 10:16 AM
Waiting for 3 days now to have new fortunes !!! I finished all other goals but still I do not get an update..? What I'm I doing wrong..?

could take a week to get a fortune,

mikado86
04-19-14, 10:57 AM
Hi All,

Here is today's update.

1) Fortune Teller Tent

NEW Fortunes
The Living Wood Fortune
:

Visit the sawmill, you will get 9 living wood
Second one is a trade with ivy's sister at the trade building. When you collect you will get 2 trade tickets

judyvines
04-19-14, 10:57 AM

I just got the first of the new fortunes today. Be patient....maybe tomorrow.

robino23
04-19-14, 05:58 PM
It took collecting from the tent 3 times for me. Be patient my friend. It will come.

FlowerBurst
04-20-14, 10:15 AM
Mine started on the 4th collection this morning.

janleigh
04-20-14, 12:45 PM
Got the first fortune for dead wood been back to fortune teller twice still waiting for next fortune is that right ?

FlowerBurst
04-21-14, 05:33 AM
I did not get my second fortune yet either--most likely not set up to receive them in succession.

MiniLaura
04-21-14, 06:51 AM
Got the first fortune for dead wood been back to fortune teller twice still waiting for next fortune is that right ?

I did not get my second fortune yet either--most likely not set up to receive them in succession.

There are normally several collections between fortunes. I think we've seen reports of people having to wait up to 7 collections between fortunes, but most people seem to get them after 2-4 collections. Just be patient. You will get them.

vuvhappy
04-24-14, 04:10 AM
Help mine is not working i did all of old quest couple of months ago but I have not been able to start the new ones. Do I need to do something?..

netaoneneal
04-24-14, 04:30 AM
I need help with getting The Sparkle Fortune.

SpiritWind00
04-24-14, 04:36 AM
I need help with getting The Sparkle Fortune.

2.The Sparkle Fortune: Collect from Talinum Auranticum x 1 (the yellow/orange flower)

Hope that help! Good luck...

netaoneneal
04-24-14, 07:21 AM
SpiritWind00. Thank you so much!!!!

rick1958
04-24-14, 09:07 AM
How can I tell if I have accomplished everything to make my Fortune Teller do it's job? I have had one for MONTHS and, at first I had a couple of "fortunes" but it has been several months since I've seen ANYTHING!

maguar
04-24-14, 02:02 PM
How can I tell if I have accomplished everything to make my Fortune Teller do it's job? I have had one for MONTHS and, at first I had a couple of "fortunes" but it has been several months since I've seen ANYTHING!

If you've got any of these in your quest that's the one you're up to. You need to finish it first then collect a couple of times to get the next one.

1.The Bountiful Fortune
Harvest Wheat x 15
Rewards: Wheat harvests doubled for 15 times

2.The Sparkle Fortune
(Check everywhere for something sparkley)
Collect from Talinum Auranticum x 1 (the yellow/orange flower)

3.The Egg Fortune
Battle Skunkupines x 5
(Ivy says to battle one more skunkupine)
Battle Skunkupines x 1
Rewards:Golden Egg x 1

4.The Water Fortune
(Check the waters)
Collect from Pond x 1
Rewards: Mermaid Scales x 10

5.The Lip Puckering Fortune
(Check every tree)
Chop down Dead Tree x 3
Rewards: Random fruits(apples, lemons , and oranges)

6.The Booby Trap Fortune
(Be careful around the Kingdom)
Collect from Cottage x 1
Rewards: Enchanted Block x 1

7.The Glimmerdust Fortune
(Where could we find Glimmerdust)
Collect from Mushroom plant x 1
*Mushroom Patch/Mushroom Circle/Red Mushroom Circle
Rewards: Glimmerdust x 10

8.The Precious Metal Fortune
(Where could this metal be)
Chop Fern Patch x 1
Rewards: Mithril x 1

9.The Other Booby Trap Fortune
(Where it could be)
Collect from Farmhouse x 1
Rewards: Enchanted Beam x 1

10.The Hyper Kingdom Fortune
(Where do we get snacks at)
Collect from Market x 1
Rewards: Sugar x 5

11.The Luminous Meeting Fortune
(Visit a Garden, I guess)
Collect from Magic Garden x 1
Rewards: Magic Fruit x 5

12.The Pungent Fortune
(What's really smelly)
Collect from Troll Pit x 1
Rewards: Troll Essence x 5

13.The Malicious Fortune
(I'm starving)

14.The Funny Fortune
(Is a Minstrel coming)
Chop Fern Patch x 1

15.The Hero Fortune
(Maybe we should go watch a show)
Collect from Theater x 1
Rewards: Longsword x 3

From the 17 April 2014 Update

The Living Wood Fortune
Collect from Sawmill x 1

The Glowing Fortune

Ivy's Hungry Tummy
Give Skunku-pie x 1

The Pointy Fortune
Collect from Market x 1

The Magic Beans Fortune

belbar22
04-24-14, 02:26 PM
Hi Maguar. Any chance your post could go at the start of this thread, it is so clear and saves lazy people like me having to click on the link.

maguar
04-24-14, 02:35 PM
Hi Maguar. Any chance your post could go at the start of this thread, it is so clear and saves lazy people like me having to click on the link.

But that means work for me so I can't be lazy :(

Not a problem - I've updated the second post

belbar22
04-24-14, 03:43 PM
But that means work for me so I can't be lazy :(

Not a problem - I've updated the second post

Thanks. Much appreciated. Sorry to give you extra work.

fino212
04-26-14, 05:08 PM
Can you have more than one fortune with the mysterious sprite one or does it not give you anything?

maguar
04-26-14, 07:38 PM
Can you have more than one fortune with the mysterious sprite one or does it not give you anything?

I was able to do one in each of my workshops. The option disappears when you collect from the first one.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-26-14, 07:47 PM
I was able to do one in each of my workshops. The option disappears when you collect from the first one.
Cool! Good to know.
Did you get rainbow pots or something diff?

maguar
04-26-14, 08:47 PM
I got a rainbow pot from each :)

fino212
04-27-14, 01:35 AM
I got a rainbow pot from each :)

Yay! I did too! Extra bonus :) Thanks Maguar

SpiritWind00
04-27-14, 03:13 AM
I crafted 2 as well. Only chopped one and it gave 1 each of flour, glimmerdust, apple, wool and fur.

DrP4ever
04-30-14, 01:32 AM
Thank you so much for adding the fortunes to our book icon. I forgot I had one to do, wondered why my book was back since amazingly I'm done early for the first time ever, and found the Skunkupie one. Gave the pie. Finished. Book gone again.

echowuuu
04-30-14, 02:51 AM
I just got ivy hungry tummy, after making 15 living wood which is such a pain, I didn't get any skunk pie! Now the quest is stuck and I don't want to waste another 15 living wood, is there a RNG thing in this game?

Castloninian
04-30-14, 05:39 AM
I too am on Ivy's hungry tummy. I actually have one skunkupie from a long time ago but am reluctant to give it up as I only have one. I still don't see what the reward is, so it this one worth skipping for five gems? Will I then go on to the next fortune in a few days?

Queenzod
04-30-14, 07:41 AM
I too am on Ivy's hungry tummy. I actually have one skunkupie from a long time ago but am reluctant to give it up as I only have one. I still don't see what the reward is, so it this one worth skipping for five gems? Will I then go on to the next fortune in a few days?

There is no reward! I gave up my only pie for this, and got nothing! Nada, zilch, zero! What kind of fortune is that? Methinks TL made a boo boo.

tcgms17
04-30-14, 11:00 AM
I'm also on Ivy's Hungry Tummy ... Have a Super Yummy Pie from somewhere, but not the right pie. Sent out Belladonna exchange and no Skunk-u-pie returned. Living wood too hard to come by to send out another, so will probably skip with gems in order to move on. TL must have boo booed somewhere ... Thought this was sposed to be a fortune.

kooky panda
04-30-14, 11:03 AM
There is no reward! I gave up my only pie for this, and got nothing! Nada, zilch, zero! What kind of fortune is that? Methinks TL made a boo boo.

I just got ivy hungry tummy, after making 15 living wood which is such a pain, I didn't get any skunk pie! Now the quest is stuck and I don't want to waste another 15 living wood, is there a RNG thing in this game?

I'm also on Ivy's Hungry Tummy ... Have a Super Yummy Pie from somewhere, but not the right pie. Sent out Belladonna exchange and no Skunk-u-pie returned. Living wood too hard to come by to send out another, so will probably skip with gems in order to move on. TL must have boo booed somewhere ... Thought this was sposed to be a fortune.

Interesting... This should be my next one to do.. I will check to see if this fortune is working right.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-30-14, 11:38 AM
Interesting... This should be my next one to do.. I will check to see if this fortune is working right.
I asked about this back on page 4 when shipower first posted all of the new fortunes ... Response I got was it and the next fortune are 1 split into 2 & something about not wanting to ruin it for other players ... So, the reward comes with the NEXT fortune??? Dunno, makes no sense to me.

katbtodd
04-30-14, 01:41 PM
We gave skunkie pie and got nothing back,,

ashanthya
04-30-14, 01:53 PM
I don't think you are supposed to get something back from the hungry tummy fortune since in the conversation with Ivy, she says that she wants a pie before she tells you her next fortune. So I don't think this is a fortune, but a lead-up to the fortune.

DessertWolf
04-30-14, 02:36 PM

The hint in this goal provides an idea of how to get Skunku-pies. Trading with Belladonna may provide you with a Skunku-pie, but it is not a guaranteed drop. The reward for this goal is Ivy's assistance in telling your next fortune. Ivy's requesting the Skunku-pie because she's a bit hungry from helping with all of the previous fortunes. Help her out a bit, and she'll help you in return! Please remember that fortune goals do not actually provide actual rewards. The fortunes provide bonuses to assist you with building your Castle.

katbtodd
04-30-14, 05:04 PM
I don't think you are supposed to get something back from the hungry tummy fortune since in the conversation with Ivy, she says that she wants a pie before she tells you her next fortune. So I don't think this is a fortune, but a lead-up to the fortune.

Got,ya..

sluppies
04-30-14, 09:54 PM
So how do you make skuniepie? I don't see an option for it... Trade with belladonna and thought I would get the pie there.totally flummoxed now.

nancyvr
04-30-14, 09:58 PM
How do you get a Skunku-pie for IVY'S Hungry Tummy? I've made the trade with Belladonna twice, no Skunku-pie.

Please and thank you!

Castloninian
04-30-14, 10:59 PM
Hmmm, seeing as I have one and despite quite a few trades with Belladonna have never got another I am going to skip this with 5 gems. If we need a skunkupie later in the game for something important I suspect the gem skip cost will be a lot higher.

maguar
05-01-14, 02:31 AM
So how do you make skuniepie? I don't see an option for it... Trade with belladonna and thought I would get the pie there.totally flummoxed now.

How do you get a Skunku-pie for IVY'S Hungry Tummy? I've made the trade with Belladonna twice, no Skunku-pie.

Please and thank you!

This isn't an item you can make. It's a rare drop from the trade with Bella Donna. Keep doing this trade and you'll eventually get it.

babman
05-01-14, 03:38 AM
This isn't an item you can make. It's a rare drop from the trade with Bella Donna. Keep doing this trade and you'll eventually get it.

Ive tried it twice with no luck. Ivy can forget about that rare pie. My living wood is more precious to me than making sure ivy is getting feeded. Bye bye 5 gems, next quest pls... :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-01-14, 06:59 AM
The hint in this goal provides an idea of how to get Skunku-pies. Trading with Belladonna may provide you with a Skunku-pie, but it is not a guaranteed drop. The reward for this goal is Ivy's assistance in telling your next fortune. Ivy's requesting the Skunku-pie because she's a bit hungry from helping with all of the previous fortunes. Help her out a bit, and she'll help you in return! Please remember that fortune goals do not actually provide actual rewards. The fortunes provide bonuses to assist you with building your Castle.

The reward is Ivy's assistance??? That's no reward; she has "assisted" all along, with informing us that we even have a new fortune & giving hints where to locate the next fortune. I mean, otherwise, how would we know we even have a new one?
So, in actuality ...there are SIX new fortunes, not 7. Feeding Ivy something that is very difficult & rare to even get (& not craft-able in the kitchen) isn't fortunate at all & shouldn't be counted as a new fortune. IMHO

Queenzod
05-01-14, 10:36 AM
The reward is Ivy's assistance??? That's no reward; she has "assisted" all along, with informing us that we even have a new fortune & giving hints where to locate the next fortune. I mean, otherwise, how would we know we even have a new one?
So, in actuality ...there are SIX new fortunes, not 7. Feeding Ivy something that is very difficult & rare to even get (& not craft-able in the kitchen) isn't fortunate at all & shouldn't be counted as a new fortune. IMHO

I so agree with you! Having to wait on yet another super rare drop from an exchange that uses up tons of precious resources in order to proceed with the fortunes is not anyone's idea of a good time. I had thought that the fortune tent was a fun, easy kind of thing not related to the sometimes arduous task of waiting on drops for shards, burning embers and the like. This was VERY poorly thought out, and I sincerely hope that this is not a portent of things to come. If so, I predict that you are going to get more complaints along the lines of this one. That's my fortune for TL for today...

olcastle
05-01-14, 06:34 PM
This Fortune Teller cost us 250 gems. Isn't it enough?
Why we should pay dozens of living wood to continue to use it now?

SpiritWind00
05-01-14, 06:40 PM
I so agree with you! Having to wait on yet another super rare drop from an exchange that uses up tons of precious resources in order to proceed with the fortunes is not anyone's idea of a good time. I had thought that the fortune tent was a fun, easy kind of thing not related to the sometimes arduous task of waiting on drops for shards, burning embers and the like. This was VERY poorly thought out, and I sincerely hope that this is not a portent of things to come. If so, I predict that you are going to get more complaints along the lines of this one. That's my fortune for TL for today...

Couldn't agree more.... It would be different if the pie was a guaranteed drop. We wouldn't mind doing it. I've done this twice now too since the fortune was released and prior to this several times since exchange released and I never got a pie even though it was a random drop since the beginning. I'm not wasting precious resources for this either, so goodbye 5 gems!

shambalaya
05-01-14, 10:02 PM
The fortunes should not cost gems to skip! While I enjoy the element of random fortunes in the game, sometimes the fortune is more like a punishment. When I got the fortune of chopping dead trees to get fruit, I was maxed on all fruit and low on coins to buy the trees and my kitchens were too tied up to use the fruit... I didn't feel very fortunate! I wish we could have a "save for later" option or at least be able to decline the fortune without paying gems.

SpiritWind00
05-02-14, 02:12 AM
That's a good idea. Even better, TL just keep the fortunes as to get x collect from y. The end, simple, quick and with it a good reward. The building cost enough, please do fortunes as they have been but not like Ivy and her illusive Skunkupie.

olcastle
05-02-14, 06:13 PM
I'm also on Ivy's Hungry Tummy ... Have a Super Yummy Pie from somewhere, but not the right pie.

Actually it's exactly the right "Ivy's favorite pie". It should be counted for this "fortune". I hope TL will fix it.

Bahaqueen
05-03-14, 02:25 PM
🌴tks Aggwynn, so much more to this game it's amazing🌴

bottledH20
05-04-14, 07:57 AM
Yeah, I'll add my support in the disliking of the Skunk-u-pie fortune. I've done the trade twice with no Skunk-u-pie as well. In the process of my third one, but regardless of whether I get it, this was a chore more than any kind of rewarding, and used way more precious resources than even some main quests.

HistoryGirl7
05-04-14, 08:34 PM
I've done it 4 times :/

jjblueyes
05-04-14, 11:46 PM
Feeling frustrated on this one guys! I've traded with belladonna 4 times now. I'm on my 5th try now. If I don't get this stinky pie this time I will have to spend the 5 gems. I'm with several folks here...I already shelled out so much for this tent. It's a real shame. Hope this type of fortune is not repeated!

jjblueyes
05-05-14, 11:57 AM
Finished my 5th trade-still no pie- paid 5 gems. Wasted resources and gems...

glimmergate
05-05-14, 01:10 PM
Sorry folks, taking a look at the Skunku-pie fortune right now. Unfortunately a couple of our team members are out this week so we might not be able get a fix out right away. Thanks for your feedback!

evritta
05-05-14, 02:31 PM
I agree with so many of the comments. The Fortune Tent was not suppose to be a quest tent. We paid 250 gems for the "weekly" fortunes that haven't been weekly and now we have to get a rare drop to continue. It wouldn't be so bad if the Trade we had to make used resources that were readily available. Rat Tails!!! I have ****ed 10 skunks and not received one. My pet skunk has quit dropping them. I have been trying for days to get 5 more tails and they are no where to be found. I'll keep going. Not using gems on this. Its not part of the story line so it can take as long as it takes.

Castloninian
05-05-14, 10:43 PM
Sorry folks, taking a look at the Skunku-pie fortune right now. Unfortunately a couple of our team members are out this week so we might not be able get a fix out right away. Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks, but please remember us folks that have finished this one for no reward. I waited for a bit but then assumed it was what it was meant to be and skipped it for 5 gems.

Queenzod
05-05-14, 11:15 PM
Thanks, but please remember us folks that have finished this one for no reward. I waited for a bit but then assumed it was what it was meant to be and skipped it for 5 gems.

Additionally, the fortune before this one (or maybe it was a couple ago) had no reward! Do you all need help writing fortunes? I'm sure the forum could come up with some for you! How about this one:

Something Stinks! Reward: 10 fish out of the swamp. See? That wasn't hard! :)

DrP4ever
05-06-14, 12:55 AM
I will chime in here too. The skunkupine fortune was not a fortune at all. Please don't do more of this type. Love that we have the fortunes in our book. Love the randomness of them, the not knowing when or where they will pop up with the reward but the skunkupine one stunk!

GC5410
05-06-14, 04:10 AM
I tried trading 3 times before giving up and skipping for 5 gems too, such a waste :(

55lee55
05-06-14, 05:12 AM
There are few things that despite much player support, including mine, are things that I really would like to see changed because to me they seem to be unfair. This is one. Yes it is unfortunate for those of us who have already encountered this have already had to spend gems to get past a fortune requiring a rare item. While I had 2 of them in my inventory and was happy to get rid of something gathering dust, it seems that this fortune could cause stress to those who don't have one handy, and I have to agree with the request that TL confine fortunes to things that can be found or collected in any kingdom that has a Fortune Teller.

I don't see any way to compensate those who have already spent the five gems to get past this quest, but this seems to be a possible issue to be faced by anyone encountering this fortune in the future so I request that it be changed for those who haven't found it, possibly by requiring a ruler to battle any beast to get the reward if there is one on this particular quest? By changing the requirement to battle a beast instead of handing over an actual Scunkupine Pie TL could keep the quest which is kind of cute, but change the requirement for completion to something anyone can be expected to do while wandering their kingdom like the other Fortune Teller quests. Then after this if future fortune releases could be limited to collecting from commonly encountered places this type of issue could be avoided.

While I sympathize with those who don't get a quest every week and I don't always get them and at times had to spend what seemed to be a long time between fortunes, sometimes I have been lucky and found one on my first or second collection after completing a fortune. This is after all outside of the main storyline and a "fortune" which in itself implies to me an element of chance. Likewise the momentary disappointment we all feel when completing an occasional unrewarded fortune seems to me to be inherent in taking a chance on a fortune, and I don't support changing those. It introduces a reflection of RL into fortune questing that I find charming when I occasionally encounter something that we do just to have done it and get no tangible reward in recompense for having done it. There doesn't seem to be more than one unrewarded fortune in every Fortune Teller release of new fortunes and I don't see this as excessive.

As always, this is only my opinion and others are free to have different opinions. Thanks!

glimmergate
05-06-14, 10:16 AM
There are few things that despite much player support, including mine, are things that I really would like to see changed because to me they seem to be unfair. This is one. Yes it is unfortunate for those of us who have already encountered this have already had to spend gems to get past a fortune requiring a rare item. While I had 2 of them in my inventory and was happy to get rid of something gathering dust, it seems that this fortune could cause stress to those who don't have one handy, and I have to agree with the request that TL confine fortunes to things that can be found or collected in any kingdom that has a Fortune Teller.

I don't see any way to compensate those who have already spent the five gems to get past this quest, but this seems to be a possible issue to be faced by anyone encountering this fortune in the future so I request that it be changed for those who haven't found it, possibly by requiring a ruler to battle any beast to get the reward if there is one on this particular quest? By changing the requirement to battle a beast instead of handing over an actual Scunkupine Pie TL could keep the quest which is kind of cute, but change the requirement for completion to something anyone can be expected to do while wandering their kingdom like the other Fortune Teller quests. Then after this if future fortune releases could be limited to collecting from commonly encountered places this type of issue could be avoided.

While I sympathize with those who don't get a quest every week and I don't always get them and at times had to spend what seemed to be a long time between fortunes, sometimes I have been lucky and found one on my first or second collection after completing a fortune. This is after all outside of the main storyline and a "fortune" which in itself implies to me an element of chance. Likewise the momentary disappointment we all feel when completing an occasional unrewarded fortune seems to me to be inherent in taking a chance on a fortune, and I don't support changing those. It introduces a reflection of RL into fortune questing that I find charming when I occasionally encounter something that we do just to have done it and get no tangible reward in recompense for having done it. There doesn't seem to be more than one unrewarded fortune in every Fortune Teller release of new fortunes and I don't see this as excessive.

As always, this is only my opinion and others are free to have different opinions. Thanks!

We definitely read and appreciate the feedback, and I think it's safe to say we will be super careful and make sure all of our fortunes from here on out will contain rewards. We do in fact have a way to reward players who have already completed this quest :) so once the rest of the team gets back we'll be able to hook up something cool.

55lee55
05-06-14, 12:02 PM
We definitely read and appreciate the feedback, and I think it's safe to say we will be super careful and make sure all of our fortunes from here on out will contain rewards. We do in fact have a way to reward players who have already completed this quest :) so once the rest of the team gets back we'll be able to hook up something cool.

This is much welcome news and proof that TL listens to feedback! I thought it would be impossible to reward a player after they have completed a quest that others haven't done yet. This is awesome! Is the reward going to be only for those who lost gems or also for those who completed it because they had a pie in their inventory or found one while looking while doing this quest? Either way is wonderful. Thanks!

I am done with this quest but what do you suggest players do who are doing it now or who get it before you all get back and can have the time to institute the change?

Are you saying here that the element of chance to get a quest without reward will be removed? I am sure I am in a small minority, or could be the only one, who like doing the fortunes for fun more than rewards and I sort of like a very occasional quest that is easy to do but has no reward but the fun of completing the quest for its entertainment value alone.

Cool? Sounds great, Thanks!

olcastle
05-06-14, 12:27 PM
Yes it is unfortunate for those of us who have already encountered this have already had to spend gems to get past a fortune requiring a rare item. While I had 2 of them in my inventory and was happy to get rid of something gathering dust,

I'm confused, were you able to use "Ivy's favorite pie" from old goal? I have 3 but they don't count for this fortune.

glimmergate
05-06-14, 12:49 PM
This is much welcome news and proof that TL listens to feedback! I thought it would be impossible to reward a player after they have completed a quest that others haven't done yet. This is awesome! Is the reward going to be only for those who lost gems or also for those who completed it because they had a pie in their inventory or found one while looking while doing this quest? Either way is wonderful. Thanks!

I am done with this quest but what do you suggest players do who are doing it now or who get it before you all get back and can have the time to institute the change?

Are you saying here that the element of chance to get a quest without reward will be removed? I am sure I am in a small minority, or could be the only one, who like doing the fortunes for fun more than rewards and I sort of like a very occasional quest that is easy to do but has no reward but the fun of completing the quest for its entertainment value alone.

Cool? Sounds great, Thanks!

As far as I'm aware all of the fortunes give rewards, except for the Ivy's Hungry one. Which fortune did you do that didn't offer a reward?

Players who are doing it now should do whatever they're most comfortable with. Anyone who completed the quest, regardless of how they did it, will get an extra bonus.

glimmergate
05-06-14, 12:50 PM
I'm confused, were you able to use "Ivy's favorite pie" from old goal? I have 3 but they don't count for this fortune.

You're thinking of Ivy's Super Yummy Pie. In this case, she wants one of her sister's pies, a Skunku-pie.

shambalaya
05-06-14, 01:57 PM
Additionally, the fortune before this one (or maybe it was a couple ago) had no reward! Do you all need help writing fortunes? I'm sure the forum could come up with some for you! How about this one:

Something Stinks! Reward: 10 fish out of the swamp. See? That wasn't hard! :)

LOL! You crack me up :-D

forkyfork99
05-06-14, 02:22 PM
I just have to chime in.

I DO NOT have the fortune teller tent and I only did the Belladonna trade once because I thought I might get some enchanted beams or blocks. I did not, but I instead got a useless skunkupie. And I wasted a lot of rat tails I would have rather used for spicy feasts.

Now seeing all these people complaining about how they didn't get a pie after several trades makes me kind of sad. I do agree that it should be a guaranteed drop the first trade (like the adventures do). Alternatively, the game should realize I I don't have a fortune tent not to give me a pie at all. Why bother if its not something I will ever need?

55lee55
05-06-14, 03:38 PM
As far as I'm aware all of the fortunes give rewards, except for the Ivy's Hungry one. Which fortune did you do that didn't offer a reward?

Players who are doing it now should do whatever they're most comfortable with. Anyone who completed the quest, regardless of how they did it, will get an extra bonus.

I have no idea. I don't care and don't keep track of these things. It probably was only this one. I am just saying I personally play the fortunes for fun and if they don't give rewards or give one water I am not going to be here complaining about it because it is not needed to follow the storyline. I just like them and find them well written and amusing.

I wanted to know if the issue of requiring a rare drop for a fortune will be addressed, and since you didn't mention it, I have to assume that part of my question is not important enough to address here and will be addressed if and when it happens again. Not a big deal that. I like playing the game for the great storyline, artistic detail, and the so very awesome people who play this game! Sorry, I didn't express it so well.

You answered my other question nicely, Thanks! I am sure the bonus will be cool, and I asked the gameplay question because I was curious.

parlski
05-07-14, 03:21 AM
just started my fourth belladonna exchange. if no skunky pie comes of it. I'm using gems (with thanks to the pool game)

asikosan
05-07-14, 12:31 PM

Hello, will there be a fortune quest for 5 gems like in the previous fortunes? Or something useful like permit? Rewards like floral glow and dark seeds feel like a joke.. We paid 250 gems and would like to get something cool from it...

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-12-14, 08:19 AM
I just completed the 'glowing' fortune, so I'm getting close to having the 'Ivy's Hungry Tummy' non-fortune.
As part of the Greselda line that I'm also working on, I just competed 2 of the 3 trades with Bella Donna that are required before moving onto the maze garden. I was hoping 1 of those elusive stinky pies would drop.....but no. Now I'm trying to build up more rat tails again (which I'd rather use for spicy feasts!) to use for the last required trade. If no pie drops from *that* trade, then I guess Ivy will just have to STARVE because I'm not gonna do a 4th trade; I'm not gonna use 5 gems to skip when I already paid 250 for the tent....and that lil "fortune" will just have to sit in my book forever, I guess.

Any remedy to this misfortunate situation yet??

Queenzod
05-12-14, 08:39 AM
Hey, NorthWoods. You need to clear the fortune somehow or the next one won't happen. The way I look at it, paying gems to skip it amounts to about 15 cents. Not the best option, but if you need to move on...

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-12-14, 08:44 AM
Lol, yeah, I know Binky...but I'm stubborn & it's the principle of the thing, at this point. lol
Guess I just won't get the last 2 fortunes of 2 troll clubs & 5 dark seeds.... Not until way on down the line when I have rat tails in surplus again and give a rat's ...err, BOTTOM...about giving them to needy Ivy & her greedy sister lol!

Ps Not to mention all the living wood! Jeez, my lil tree can't keep up! Lol

Queenzod
05-12-14, 09:06 AM
Okay, well, good luck with that. :)

CarowG
05-13-14, 12:09 PM
My belladonna Trade is locked. I've got the Clerk's mistake quest, but I can't Trade in the Royal Exchange as described because of the locked quest :(
What can I do???

maguar
05-13-14, 02:41 PM
My belladonna Trade is locked. I've got the Clerk's mistake quest, but I can't Trade in the Royal Exchange as described because of the locked quest :(
What can I do???

This is from the main thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68458-Castle-Story-05-08-2014-Update-Belladonna) on that goal line:

* It appears that you need Greselda's Garden upgraded to trigger this goal chain. Info on Greselda's Garden can be found here (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?65360).

1. Hello, Belladonna
Trade with Belladonna
-- Use the Royal Exchange: 15 Living Wood, 30 Mushrooms, 15 Rat Tails; 5 Hours.
Rewards: 1,400 coins, 5XP

2. Through the Grapevine
Find Lady Greselda - visit Greselda's Castle
Check Greselda's Garden - collect from Greselda's Dark Garden
Rewards: 1,400 coins, 5XP, unlock "Send Belladonna Plants" at the Royal Exchange

This is the belladonna trade from the goal thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=624711&viewfull=1#post624711)

6. Ivy s Sister .Rewards 2,700 coin 12 xp
( tlp> after collecting from Ivy's Hut
. PAY 20,000 Gold To Establish Trade with Ivy s Sister
*completing: Unlocks Trade With Belladonna route.
Note: Ivys sister is Belladonna Griselda Ravenwood

mejuliexxxx
05-13-14, 03:07 PM

I bought the fortune teller ... had it sit there with hardly anything happening ... then! When the fortunes started, I got now rewards! :mad:
each time I do one, it says reward - then blank, I check the inventory and what a surprise ... no reward!

I'm sick of it crashing when I visit a neighbour or move around my kingdom :( I'm sick of being duped with rewards :( and after spending enough money on the game - I'm just sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

olcastle
05-13-14, 09:36 PM
Any remedy to this misfortunate situation yet??

Kind of. You can get the pie from Send Belladonna Plants exchange now. Still no reward but I don't really care, usually rewards don't make any difference for me.
I'm just glad I moved on.

mejuliexxxx
05-14-14, 12:01 AM
I believe that if you pay for something, you should get what it says on the packet!
if you were to buy something from the shops and it was faulty, would you keep it? ... You would get your money back if you took it back - that's for sure!

If people aren't getting rewards for something they paid for, then they should get their gems back for that item! ... Storm8 can do this .

...... just saying!

SpiritWind00
05-14-14, 12:09 AM
I bought the fortune teller ... had it sit there with hardly anything happening ... then! When the fortunes started, I got now rewards! :mad:
each time I do one, it says reward - then blank, I check the inventory and what a surprise ... no reward!

I'm sick of it crashing when I visit a neighbour or move around my kingdom :( I'm sick of being duped with rewards :( and after spending enough money on the game - I'm just sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

That doesn't sound right. Have you posted this in the bug thread? I should have checked before writing this! Get TL to check your game either way. At least then you will know form sure what's wrong with the tent in your kingdom. Good luck!

kooky panda
05-14-14, 05:08 AM

I'm sick of it crashing when I visit a neighbor or move around my kingdom :( I'm sick of being duped with rewards :( and after spending enough money on the game - I'm just sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
What specific rewards did you not get? Which fortunes posted on post 1 did not give you the reward?

mejuliexxxx
05-14-14, 07:36 AM
I believe that if you pay for something, you should get what it says on the packet!
if you were to buy something from the shops and it was faulty, would you keep it? ... You would get your money back if you took it back - that's for sure!

If people aren't getting rewards for something they paid for, then they should get their gems back for that item! ... Storm8 can do this .

...... just saying!

Storm8 can give gems back if something they've sold don't work properly ... they earn enough money from this game ... the people who play it deserve to get what they pay for!

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-14-14, 07:44 AM
Kind of. You can get the pie from Send Belladonna Plants exchange now. Still no reward but I don't really care, usually rewards don't make any difference for me.
I'm just glad I moved on.
Well then, you're missing my point because the reward(fortune) is the only reason to HAVE the fortune teller tent..so yeah, it makes a diff whether you get one or not...and THAT is the misfortunate situation I was asking for which there was a remedy yet...we were waiting for part of the team to return to address it...and that was last week.
Plus, what the person below you said...
vvvvvvvvv

...... just saying!

Agreed! ... Or a speedy remedy.
So again, any update on how to fix, TL?

mejuliexxxx
05-14-14, 07:46 AM
What specific rewards did you not get? Which fortunes posted on post 1 did not give you the reward?

from 1 through to 12.
It's never given out rewards for me and until I saw this thread, I just thought it was a reward-less activity ... maybe I shouldn't have looked but now I see a reward of 5 gems coming up!

give me a couple of days Kooky and I'll be back to not caring so much ... it just got to me that I've been spending quite a bit of money on the game (to get things like adamant when nothing gives it) ... btw I have lots of adamant now lol ... it's also been crashing a lot and I can't visit neighbours without it crashing.

anyway, you know now and I'm sorry for my outburst ... that's not like me :o just a little peed off ... (can I say that?) :confused:

kooky panda
05-14-14, 09:12 AM
from 1 through to 12.
It's never given out rewards for me and until I saw this thread, I just thought it was a reward-less activity ... maybe I shouldn't have looked but now I see a reward of 5 gems coming up!

give me a couple of days Kooky and I'll be back to not caring so much ... it just got to me that I've been spending quite a bit of money on the game (to get things like adamant when nothing gives it) ... btw I have lots of adamant now lol ... it's also been crashing a lot and I can't visit neighbours without it crashing.

anyway, you know now and I'm sorry for my outburst ... that's not like me :o just a little peed off ... (can I say that?) :confused:
Well I would also be upset, if I did not get any of the rewards after completing the fortunes!
I would suggest sending an email to support@teamlava.com so can agent can check your game . There may be something specific going on in your game causing this.

55lee55
05-14-14, 05:19 PM
Well I would also be upset, if I did not get any of the rewards after completing the fortunes!
I would suggest sending an email to support@teamlava.com so can agent can check your game . There may be something specific going on in your game causing this.

I haven't gotten a fortune since the last one I did where I found 5dark seeds and those came at a time when they were very helpful! Upon checking this thread I see I have finished the last new fortune and now I wait until we get more. Except for the Skunkupine fortune, which I got through easily because I was lucky to be sitting on two excess pies, I have received a reward and in every case it has been the one associated with the fortunes listed here.

It worked correctly for me. It doesn't seem to be working for you mejuliexxxx, and since your game is crashing in addition to not getting fortunes, you are in a most frustrating situation and I can't believe your game is working properly. kooky panda has pointed you in the right direction and your frustration is understandable. I hope it is fixed for you soon and that you are able to finish the fortunes without further mishaps. There is an issue with the one skunkupine fortune and the stated restitution for those who completed this one hasn't been released to us yet, but there is something not right in the problems you are having. We all are waiting on that one, but you have other things going on. It will be okay.

mejuliexxxx
05-17-14, 02:13 PM

Thank you, I'll try that now ... just thought I'd pop in and say that - I deleted the game and reinstalled it - but, as you can see, number 13 was just the same
:mad::mad::mad::mad: lol

photo.jpg

mejuliexxxx
05-17-14, 02:17 PM
I haven't gotten a fortune since the last one I did where I found 5dark seeds and those came at a time when they were very helpful! Upon checking this thread I see I have finished the last new fortune and now I wait until we get more. Except for the Skunkupine fortune, which I got through easily because I was lucky to be sitting on two excess pies, I have received a reward and in every case it has been the one associated with the fortunes listed here.

It worked correctly for me. It doesn't seem to be working for you mejuliexxxx, and since your game is crashing in addition to not getting fortunes, you are in a most frustrating situation and I can't believe your game is working properly. kooky panda has pointed you in the right direction and your frustration is understandable. I hope it is fixed for you soon and that you are able to finish the fortunes without further mishaps. There is an issue with the one skunkupine fortune and the stated restitution for those who completed this one hasn't been released to us yet, but there is something not right in the problems you are having. We all are waiting on that one, but you have other things going on. It will be okay.

awe, thank you :)
yes, very annoying and frustrating :mad: I'm going to write the email now ... will let you know what happens (if anything does happen :rolleyes: )
:)

maguar
05-17-14, 06:34 PM
Thank you, I'll try that now ... just thought I'd pop in and say that - I deleted the game and reinstalled it - but, as you can see, number 13 was just the same
:mad::mad::mad::mad: lol

photo.jpg

You don't get the reward in the popup screen for the fortunes. You get the fortune in the game when you do the action. So in this one when you collected from old Thomas house 2 mysterious venom popped out. These are the reward (just not shown in the success popup).

1965butterfly
05-19-14, 07:02 PM
so .... I am on the last fortune in the current list -

The Magic Beans Fortune

problem is - I don't have a purple cow & can see no way of getting one :-(.
Will I be stuck on this forever - can't skip it with gems.

maguar
05-20-14, 02:26 AM
so .... I am on the last fortune in the current list -

The Magic Beans Fortune

problem is - I don't have a purple cow & can see no way of getting one :-(.
Will I be stuck on this forever - can't skip it with gems.

Make sure you've expanded to the magic garden, do the quests to unlock it, collect from it until you trigger the paranoia quest. This quest line will give you the purple cow.

mejuliexxxx
05-20-14, 02:44 PM
You don't get the reward in the popup screen for the fortunes. You get the fortune in the game when you do the action. So in this one when you collected from old Thomas house 2 mysterious venom popped out. These are the reward (just not shown in the success popup).

As I've said before ... I even check the inventory and the rewards don't show there either ... I don't get them! The photo was (I thought) just to show you I'm not getting anything ... if I did a grab of the inventory, that wouldn't be proof (I thought).

Anyway, I had a reply from them and I know they haven't even gone into my account because they've said pretty much the same as you have here.

There is something wrong with my game! another thing ... it's only letting me sent 2 gifts :confused: ... it's bugged and no one seems interested in the money I've already spent on it!!!!

guess I'll put it down to experience and stay well clear of it!

maguar
05-20-14, 02:57 PM
As I've said before ... I even check the inventory and the rewards don't show there either ... I don't get them! The photo was (I thought) just to show you I'm not getting anything ... if I did a grab of the inventory, that wouldn't be proof (I thought).

Anyway, I had a reply from them and I know they haven't even gone into my account because they've said pretty much the same as you have here.

There is something wrong with my game! another thing ... it's only letting me sent 2 gifts :confused: ... it's bugged and no one seems interested in the money I've already spent on it!!!!

guess I'll put it down to experience and stay well clear of it!

If you haven't done the funny fortune yet (chop a fern to get gems) can you please do this when you get it.

1. Take a pic of your gem total
2. Complete the goal and take a pic of the success screen (you won't see a reward displayed)
3. Take a pic of your gem total

If you don't see the increase in your gem total those are the pics you'll want to send through to support. If you've already done that quest the next one is the hero one (collect from theatre to get swords). You'll follow a similar thing to the other except instead of taking pics of you gem totals it will be pics of your swords.

As for the guests we can only send a max of 3 each day. If youre only able to send two it means your neighbour is maxed on an item (80 counts as maxed for earth wisps). Try another item until one goes through.

1965butterfly
05-20-14, 04:58 PM
Make sure you've expanded to the magic garden, do the quests to unlock it, collect from it until you trigger the paranoia quest. This quest line will give you the purple cow.

I already have the magic garden - I have been playing for about a year - but I dont have a purple cow - could I not have received it ?

shambalaya
05-20-14, 09:31 PM
I already have the magic garden - I have been playing for about a year - but I dont have a purple cow - could I not have received it ?

Which goals do you have open in your quest book?

1965butterfly
05-21-14, 03:46 AM
Which goals do you have open in your quest book?

just Magic Bean & Sister, Sister.

shambalaya
05-21-14, 11:36 AM
just Magic Bean & Sister, Sister.

Check out all 100 or so pages in your inventory, if you don't find the purple cow then contact support to help conjure it :-)

1965butterfly
05-23-14, 02:52 PM
Check out all 100 or so pages in your inventory, if you don't find the purple cow then contact support to help conjure it :-)

Nothing in my Inventory - I will contact support - thanks for your help :-)

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-30-14, 06:51 AM
Hey glimmergate ~ Any update on this yet?? Thanks. :)

glimmergate
05-30-14, 05:21 PM
Hey folks, sorry this took so long. we've just pushed it out now. you have about 10 days to collect your reward. thanks so much for your patience!

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-30-14, 06:08 PM
Hey folks, sorry this took so long. we've just pushed it out now. you have about 10 days to collect your reward. thanks so much for your patience!
Awesome, thanks...but huh? The reward only lasts 10 days? I still have Ivy's Hungry Tummy active in my book cuz I put off anymore trades with Bella Donna since none of them were giving me the pie I needed to feed Ivy. (& a little thing called dragons happened lol)
What about those people who aren't even close to reaching that fortune yet? No reward for them when they get there?? I'm so *confused* lol

PS...plus, I don't think folks are gonna easily see this latest update since this thread is hidden in the game guides now...just sayin.

tiger533
05-31-14, 03:50 AM
does anyone know why I don't get any reward for doing the fortune teller quests , I only have 3 more and I will have done them all and I never got one rewards

maguar
05-31-14, 04:51 AM
does anyone know why I don't get any reward for doing the fortune teller quests , I only have 3 more and I will have done them all and I never got one rewards

Are you seeing the rewards popup when you collect from the building etc that is needed to complete the fortune? So when you do the pointy fortune one you'll get two troll clubs when you collect from the market. The reward section in the goal will be blank because you've already received the clubs.

kooky panda
06-02-14, 11:23 AM

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/0498EC75-AD9E-454E-BECA-01F320F20D74_zpsirvyjis1.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/0498EC75-AD9E-454E-BECA-01F320F20D74_zpsirvyjis1.png.html)

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-02-14, 12:14 PM
I still have an unanswered question: what is the reward (if any) for people once they REACH the Ivy's Hungry Tummy fortune? (Is it ALSO the energy crate??)

glimmergate
06-02-14, 12:49 PM
I still have an unanswered question: what is the reward (if any) for people once they REACH the Ivy's Hungry Tummy fortune? (Is it ALSO the energy crate??)

Nope, it's a Simple Feast.

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-02-14, 12:53 PM
So I can try to do even more trades to get that elusive pie ...
Or if I skip it for 5 gems now, will I get the feast or the crate? :)

Ps. Nevermind, I think I see the answer in my book...Ivy's Hungry Tummy shows the feast as the reward, shoulda looked at that before my OTHER question. Lol ... The crate is only for those people who have gotten past that fortune, whether by giving the pie or skipping with gems. I'm with the program now lol.

shannonth
06-06-14, 09:44 PM
So am I reading this right?!! I just got the teller tent last night, did I waste my gems and nothing going to happen then?!? Cause I didn't get anything today and I think what I am reading that is no one getting anything!!? Is this right so I will Not be happy 250 gems down the drain with no goals with it etc!! Or am
I mistaking?!? Please tell me I'm mistaking and I did just waste my gems! I just found this thread when I didn't get anything but coins from the tent tonight. If the goals on the tent is gone then they shouldn't be selling it!

maguar
06-06-14, 09:46 PM
So am I reading this right?!! I just got the teller tent last night, did I waste my gems and nothing golf to happen then?!? Cause I didn't get anything today and I think what I am reading whet is no one getting anything!!? Is this eightfold so I will. Not be happy 250 gems down the drain with no goals with it etc!! Or am
I mistaking?!? Please tell me I'm mistaking and I did just waste my gems! I just found this thread when I didn't get anything but coins from the tent tonight.

If you just bought it you'll need to collect from it a couple of times before you get the first quest. As you finish each one it'll take a couple of collections before you get the next one.

shannonth
06-06-14, 09:50 PM
If you just bought it you'll need to collect from it a couple of times before you get the first quest. As you finish each one it'll take a couple of collections before you get the next one.

Oh thank god I thought I waste my gems I got the wizard school and the tent last night so I was worried as I've collected twice and got energy from the school and nothing but 650
In coins from the tent!! Lol thank you!

papatya0
06-20-14, 12:25 PM
When do we get the next update for the fortune teller? Thank you.....

kooky panda
06-20-14, 01:42 PM
When do we get the next update for the fortune teller? Thank you.....
If you have finished all of the ones shown in post 2, then you will need to wait until new fortunes are added to the game.

Saont
06-27-14, 10:23 PM
There's a new fortune called The Glimmerdust Fortune. Has anyone completed this one yet?

maguar
06-28-14, 01:58 AM
There's a new fortune called The Glimmerdust Fortune. Has anyone completed this one yet?

Collect from one of these to get 10 Glimmerdust: Mushroom Patch/Mushroom Circle/Red Mushroom Circle

You're about half way through the current fortunes with that one

Saont
06-28-14, 10:22 PM
Thank you. I should have searched better before.

gilachaya
07-09-14, 05:10 PM
Once I've completed all the fortunes do they start agan? It's been a week since I had a new fortune. I wrote support and they said something about rare drops and to ask people on the forum. Thank you!

maguar
07-10-14, 02:41 PM
The fortunes are one time only. You'll find the new fortunes (released today) here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?70764-Castle-Story-07-10-2014-Update-Fortune-Teller-Quests)

amerirish
07-22-14, 05:49 AM
I'm stuck on Ivy's Hungry Tummy. I've traded with Belladonna at least 3 times since this goal popped up but I can't seem to get a Skunku-pie. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? :( thanks

kooky panda
07-22-14, 07:12 AM
I'm stuck on Ivy's Hungry Tummy. I've traded with Belladonna at least 3 times since this goal popped up but I can't seem to get a Skunku-pie. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? :( thanks
You are doing nothing wrong. The skunku-pie is a rare item and it can take a few times to get one to drop.

amerirish
07-22-14, 07:21 AM
You are doing nothing wrong. The skunku-pie is a rare item and it can take a few times to get one to drop.

Grrrrrrr.......:mad:

Thanks for the answer Kooky :)

MarcLongos11
08-15-14, 07:54 AM
Hi All,

Here is today's update.

1) Fortune Teller Tent

NEW Fortunes
The Living Wood Fortune
The Glowing Fortune
Ivy's Hungry Tummy
The Pointy Fortune
The Magic Beans Fortune

2) Troll Tribe Part 4

Happy Hunting!

The malicious fortune. I am stacked with this mission. Please help me how to solve.

Anaboe
08-15-14, 10:08 AM
I've done the Trade atleast a dozen times, and still no skunku-pie... I know it's luck, but it's getting a bit too unlucky for me... I know I'm doing nothing wrong, but Rat Tails aren't that common, so I think 12 trades shoud be enough to get one...

maguar
08-15-14, 04:23 PM
Both the belladonna trades can drop the Skunkupie. I've managed to get two from each so far.

Anaboe
08-19-14, 06:13 PM
I only have 1 trade with belladonna, haven't unlocked the second one yet. But getting 15 Rat tails is quite difficult, and not having 1 skunku-pie in atleast 12 trades (which means atleast 180 Rat tails!) is getting quite annoiing. Especially since the other quests also require Rat tails.

I'm stuck on this one, atleast since 07/27/2014: that's the first time I complained about it being stuck for ages... So it's atleast a month now... don't know how hard this should be?

PikaSquirrel
08-26-14, 10:23 AM
The malicious fortune. I am stacked with this mission. Please help me how to solve.

You'll need to visit Old Thomas's House to complete this Goal.

13.The Malicious Fortune
(I'm starving)

rrjra
08-28-14, 06:20 AM
Recently got the Glimmerdust Fortune but it had no reward with it. Told me to go to mushrooms, so I did. Then it showed I had finished the fortune quest but gave me nothing. What did I do wrong?

PikaSquirrel
08-29-14, 04:43 PM
Recently got the Glimmerdust Fortune but it had no reward with it. Told me to go to mushrooms, so I did. Then it showed I had finished the fortune quest but gave me nothing. What did I do wrong?

There is no reward for completing Glimmerdust Fortune. With these Goals, the reward is within the fortune. You received 10 Glimmerdust when you collected from a Mushroom which completed this Goal.

Anaboe
09-05-14, 06:28 PM
I gave in. So many quests that need rat-tails, so many times I have to sent my knights on a Adventure on Simple Feast instead of Spicy Feast, so many missed gems that way, so little progress. I'm at "Gifts for Bella" and need to make dark plants, so I need a lot of glimmer fragments and shards, so I realy could use the next Fortune... Cost me 5 gems, but gives me a lot of head-rest...

Seriously700
09-16-14, 11:01 AM
I gave in. So many quests that need rat-tails, so many times I have to sent my knights on a Adventure on Simple Feast instead of Spicy Feast, so many missed gems that way, so little progress. I'm at "Gifts for Bella" and need to make dark plants, so I need a lot of glimmer fragments and shards, so I realy could use the next Fortune... Cost me 5 gems, but gives me a lot of head-rest...

I too finally gave up on Ivy's hungry tummy and spent 5 gems to skip the skunkupie. I don't know which was more annoying - having to spend the extra 5 gems on what should have been a fun fortune quest, or that I didn't think to gem it earlier!

I did the Belladonna/ rat tail trade around 20 times plus the Belladonna/ dark plants trade another 6 times. It's ridiculous that I didn't get the pie with that many attempts. I was stuck on it for about 7 weeks. I really think the drop rate needs to be adjusted on this one.

zenobia42
09-19-14, 12:47 PM
Ivy's Hungry Tummy Fortune

How many Belladonna trades does it take to get most people the skunkupie? I have used up my entire stock of rat tails on this and NOTHING. This fortune is really annoying. I wish we had the option to just skip a fortune if it's utterly impossible to get (for free) and just move on. At this rate I'll NEVER move on!

tanbi1
09-26-14, 11:48 AM
I've completely lost track of where I'm up to with my fortunes but I haven't had any for AGES so presumably I have one to complete. But which one,?? Any way to tell?

PikaSquirrel
09-26-14, 12:02 PM
I've completely lost track of where I'm up to with my fortunes but I haven't had any for AGES so presumably I have one to complete. But which one,?? Any way to tell?

If you don't receive any fortunes after collecting from the Fortune Teller a few times, then you're most likely done with the ones that are in the game. I checked out your account and you've completed all that's available right now.

tanbi1
09-26-14, 11:43 PM
Ah brill!! Ty. :)

tanbi1
09-26-14, 11:44 PM
What confused me was people talking about the fortune tent to help them complete Sister Sister. Guess I missed the boat there.

germander10
09-29-14, 05:56 PM
I seem to have come to the end of the Fortune Teller goals, think the last one was chopping a log. Are there any more goals coming up? If not, I'll put the tent into storage. Thanks

PikaSquirrel
09-29-14, 06:21 PM
"The Sticky Fortune" is the last fortune at the moment.

kxnaiades
02-23-15, 05:10 PM
For "The Sticky Fortune" you need to clear a small rock pile.

purplespire
03-11-15, 03:12 PM
I am on the beans, the musical fruit fortune. I have a purple cow and have collected from it several times with no progress on the goal??

burritosprings
03-11-15, 03:45 PM
I am on the beans, the musical fruit fortune. I have a purple cow and have collected from it several times with no progress on the goal??

Not sure where the Purple cow idea came from but....

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-quot-THE-HUB!-quot-Everything-you-need-to-know-about-Castle-Story&p=1043994&viewfull=1#post1043994

shambalaya
03-11-15, 04:11 PM

It's a different beans fortune, this one you have to chop down 3 trees and you get fancy beams.

purplespire
03-12-15, 07:32 AM
Thanks everyone for the help ��