PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading mines and such any good?

ikbentochnietgek
04-16-14, 01:26 PM
I have tried to find the answer on this forum, but couldnt find it, so here it goes.
Is leveling up mines and such worth the cost? Do you get more or better stuff or is the only gain a shorter cooldown. Which in case of a mine is about 10 min/level. I see a lot of high lvl players that didnt upgrade it, so could anybody comment on it if it is really worth the effort of leveling resource spots up?
Thx!

bogusiawieder
04-16-14, 01:32 PM
You do get better things an example is the wizard school that give more energy when you upgrade it

belbar22
04-16-14, 01:52 PM
It is worth upgrading 1 deep mine cos you need it to be level 5 for Blytheswood Sapling quest line. I have upgraded my normal mines cos I had the resources to do so and you can collect an extra time a day which is helpful, however you don't get any better drops from levelled up mines.

eepopp
04-16-14, 02:25 PM
I have tried to find the answer on this forum, but couldnt find it, so here it goes.
Is leveling up mines and such worth the cost? Do you get more or better stuff or is the only gain a shorter cooldown. Which in case of a mine is about 10 min/level. I see a lot of high lvl players that didnt upgrade it, so could anybody comment on it if it is really worth the effort of leveling resource spots up?
Thx!

Yes. It is absolutely worth upgrading your mines (Sparkling Mines and Deep Mines).

MiniLaura stated it very nicely in this thread:

Upgrading the mines reduces the collection time, so you can collect more often and thus have more chances at a rare drop.

I collect from all my mines when they are ready, and have stockpiled a decent amount of rare drops.

For example, I have collected so much Mithril from my Deep Mines that I don't currently feel the need to buy a Mithril Dragon. Also, when the next quest rolls around requiring Gold Nuggets or Adamant, I will be ready.

29vanilla
04-17-14, 04:12 PM
The question and responses are appreciated. I've been wondering about this too. I think the same would hold true when hoping to get a Golden Egg from hatchery, but are there rare drops from the stables? These upgrades seem to ask for a lot of coins.

SpiritWind00
04-17-14, 05:07 PM
The question and responses are appreciated. I've been wondering about this too. I think the same would hold true when hoping to get a Golden Egg from hatchery, but are there rare drops from the stables? These upgrades seem to ask for a lot of coins.

I agree with eepopp, definitely worth upgrading everything you can - do all crafting buildings and one of everything else (eg, if you have 2 market places, just do 1). Yes it will take time, but in the long run, definitely worth it. I think you can get a golden egg from hatchery, but I've got stacks of them from just normal chickens. Just do a little bit at a time in between your goals, otherwise it's too much to do. Good luck!

forkyfork99
04-17-14, 05:37 PM
I can confirm you can get a golden egg from a hatchery. It was a level 3 but I honestly don't think that matters.

And while upgrading is nice, I try to only upgrade when necessary (I.e. For a goal or some other benefit like more RP). Upgrading a lot of times takes $$$ too which I'm always low on.

Before you upgrade, make sure you build another of whatever you're planning to upgrade. 2 level 1 deep mines produce more than just one higher level deep mine.