PDA

View Full Version : Kindly rollback changes to Demolitionist Pathing

donger2k
04-16-14, 01:16 PM
Hi There,

The recent changes in demo pathing has made them much less effective. I've had many instances where I would release a demo next to the wall to be destroyed- the demo would run all the way around the opponent's base, to be ****ed by a random cannon hit. The older code was stable and more reliable. Why was it changed?

Thanks,

Donger

FrozenTurtle
04-16-14, 03:48 PM
We haven't made any changes to this recently. It sounds like your opponent may have had other buildings that were behind walls.

theube
05-14-14, 12:37 PM
I have experienced the same. If I release 3/4 demo and blow a wall, sometimes I'll release a few more and they dart off looking for a wall spot that has an adjoining perpendicular wall instead of shooting right up the same spot. Now if I release ALL demos at the same time they will stay there and go deeper into the next layer of walls. If they would just shoot forward where I drop them that would be great thereby if I didn't have to use all my demos I don't have to. But I find I must release ALL of them to get the desired result of going deep into the fortress from that spot.