PDA

View Full Version : Global Spamming is an Issue

donger2k
04-16-14, 01:01 PM
Hi,

In recent weeks there has been a trend of certain individuals spamming global with single letters or emoticons. It's disrupting legitimate communications in the game, and very annoying.

Normally I would just hit the 'report' button; and I have done this several (many) times. Unfortunately, it appears that no action is taken against these individuals, nor are there consequences for these actions.

I'd appreciate it if someone from FM could address this issue. Thanks for listening.

Donger
"No Worries" Alliance << check us out!!

P.S. Players - if you're bothered by the spammers (and you know who they are!), please chime in.

FrozenTurtle
04-16-14, 01:25 PM
Please continue using the report button! We do take action on inappropriate activity in chat. If there are any particular players which you feel continue to do this, please email a screen shot of the comments to support@firemocha.com and we can take a second look. Thanks!

janeylem
05-29-14, 07:17 PM
Hello FM,
I am writing in regards to inappropriate behavior in Global chat- spamming, cursing, DATING advertizement, disrespecting each other. PLEASE give someone the opportunity to control global chat- chose players that are daily active and let them suspend all who are doing all of the above. To report through email to support@firemocha.com takes time and by the time any action is taking player is offline and dont care if he/she will get back on global. It would be so much easier to have administrators of global that can suspend player for misbehavior on the spot and would be great example to others. Its so hard to find good and active players on global when someone is screaming : I NEED GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND its very sad to watch kids to cyber date, but there is no way to stop them, unless someone is there

SANDSCApe
06-12-14, 10:25 AM
Can someone from FireMocha please clarify what is inappropriate chat behavior in the game so that we know what to report? Not everything that annoys us is a reportable offense.
Is it against the rules for someone to post foolish stuff like "who's a girl?" "I'm a boy", or "I'm 19 yrs old and need a bf"? I can't stand that, but I'm not sure it's a violation.
What about posting the same statement an insane number of times? I think that should be disallowed but, again, I don't know whether it's against the rules.

Here on the forum, if you post too many comments within a certain time frame, you are blocked temporarily and told to wait a few minutes before posting again. Can't some similar monitor be coded into the chat threads of the games? It won't completely stop the annoying or excessive posts, but will at least put some limit in place. Maybe then, people will think twice about spamming out everyone else's comments.