PDA

View Full Version : Stormie Upgrade and Mini Player Profiles

LavaRain8
04-15-14, 04:20 PM
I had a couple of suggestions that I would really love to see in either this game or a future game:

- Stormie's Store. She refuses to go away, so she may as well be super useful, right? I love that she is a neighbor that is guaranteed to respond to your part request, so that's one positive. I would also love it if she also could gift back whatever item you give her automatically, like the requests. For instance, if you send her Stew, she will send you a Stew back eventually (if not full). If you gift her Plum Nozzle, she will send you a Plum Nozzle. Just another way your permanent neighbor can be even more useful. I'd say it would be nice to return tips, but that's probably more complicated than its worth, so I don't particular care for that aspect.

- I would love it if we all could have some sort of mini profile (maybe on Neighbor list there could be a button for Profile next to Gift and Visit?). This way, you can view small stats on that neighbor, to help with your decisions on whether or not that neighbor is someone you are safe to remove because they are probably not coming back and/or if they just are very selfish with tips and gifts and only likes to receive and never give anything. Also, you can place your top 3 gift preferences/likes here, so people will always know that they give you something that you would like. For example, a normal gift menu will pop up on the profile, except they will check off when you select them. So one person can check off Stew, Roast Chicken and Bacon & Eggs and another person could have Screw, Gear and Paint. These could be modified to suit your current mood or needs at the time, and you can also just check No Preference if you truly don't care. Here is something I was thinking about:

Stormie's Store
Last Played: 4/11/14 (opened up the game to do anything basically)
Favorite Dish to cook: Ramen (not important, just a fun fact that fills by itself based on your activity)
Favorite Appliance: Easy Stove
Gifts sent today: 12
Tips given today: 24
Requests fulfilled today: 3
Gift Preferences: Stew, Spring, Red Gear

I just think it could be an invaluable tool potentially for new neighbors to get to know what the other person might be like and, obviously, this is to help people like who (that prefer only parts, but even those who only need food) to have it be known without worrying about maintaining my wall to make sure such things are on top. And you wouldn't need to post on other neighbors wall to ask for specific parts. If you have "good" neighbors and update preferences regularly, they can just check your current profile status and gift from there.

swansoda
04-30-14, 07:26 AM
I agree with this idea! (It really bothers me how people are so selfish and take tips and not return them! And how some people continue to keep tipping those people even though they're not getting tips in return)

poisonedwaters
10-21-15, 09:33 AM
- Stormie's Store. She refuses to go away, so she may as well be super useful, right? I love that she is a neighbor that is guaranteed to respond to your part request, so that's one positive. I would also love it if she also could gift back whatever item you give her automatically, like the requests. For instance, if you send her Stew, she will send you a Stew back eventually (if not full). If you gift her Plum Nozzle, she will send you a Plum Nozzle. Just another way your permanent neighbor can be even more useful. I'd say it would be nice to return tips, but that's probably more complicated than its worth, so I don't particular care for that aspect. I think this is a good idea and I also don't particularly care about tips either. Another thing they could do is look into improving the quickness of the response of Stormie's Store to our requests. She tends to take a few hours to answer and I feel the time could be greatly reduced.

- I would love it if we all could have some sort of mini profile (maybe on Neighbor list there could be a button for Profile next to Gift and Visit?). This way, you can view small stats on that neighbor, to help with your decisions on whether or not that neighbor is someone you are safe to remove because they are probably not coming back and/or if they just are very selfish with tips and gifts and only likes to receive and never give anything. Also, you can place your top 3 gift preferences/likes here, so people will always know that they give you something that you would like. For example, a normal gift menu will pop up on the profile, except they will check off when you select them. So one person can check off Stew, Roast Chicken and Bacon & Eggs and another person could have Screw, Gear and Paint. These could be modified to suit your current mood or needs at the time, and you can also just check No Preference if you truly don't care. Here is something I was thinking about:

Stormie's Store
Favorite Dish to cook: Ramen (not important, just a fun fact that fills by itself based on your activity)

I just think it could be an invaluable tool potentially for new neighbors to get to know what the other person might be like and, obviously, this is to help people like who (that prefer only parts, but even those who only need food) to have it be known without worrying about maintaining my wall to make sure such things are on top. And you wouldn't need to post on other neighbors wall to ask for specific parts. If you have "good" neighbors and update preferences regularly, they can just check your current profile status and gift from there.
I have commented on various ideas that all go hand in hand with your idea, and would love to see some if not all of these implemented.

Similar posts:
Player-Stats-Idea (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?78492-Player-Stats-Idea)
Our-wall-posts (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?82497-Our-wall-posts)
Ability-to-assign-category-to-neighbor (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?56669-Ability-to-assign-category-to-neighbor)
Add-some-kind-of-activity-indicator (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?74387-Add-some-kind-of-activity-indicator)

sally_brown
10-23-15, 08:38 PM
Stormie's Store
i really like this idea. I think it would be better, though, if it were average gifts/tips given per day, because what happens on a particular day is in some cases not indicative of normal gameplay. Likewise, I'm not sure if the "Requests fulfilled today" one is very informative. If no one sent the player a request that day, it would show "0," but that doesn't mean they don't respond to to requests.

poisonedwaters
10-27-15, 11:37 AM
I had not responded to this specifically but will now.

I think, for me anyways, I would find these the most useful info for a profile:

Stormie's Store

The other things are as you said fun facts, filler basically. And the other three I omitted because I think they could be outlined better as sally_brown suggested.

Last played could be more along the lines of "2 days ago", "1 hour ago" etc. And as another poster suggested in a different thread (Jeldon2864) to include date joined, maybe as how many years or just the date, "Played for 4 years" or "Joined in July 2011"

Tips are already accounted for in the star rating. The profile should just show that since it is already an existing functionality.

Average gifts and requests fulfilled are a better fact to provide and will also be useful even to the player themselves.

Gift preference should either be a small text field to provide specific instructions or be something like a drop down list or check box list. It really depends on how much data the development team can allow in such a feature. If it is a drop down, I would suggest providing the parts or food only options and then maybe provide the list of actual gift options. Of course if it is check boxes then that would allow for selecting multiple items, depending on how much room is available on the profile.

Screen real estate is precious for apps so it maybe that this info would have to be streamlined and condensed to make it work. So something like the tips/star rating does not necessarily need to be included since it can be viewed elsewhere.

And even though our personal profile provides a pic of our avatar, it really is not necessary to include that on the public profile either.

I still feel that a welcome message and status/category would be a nice thing to include as well.

My Example:

Stormie's Store
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Avg Gifts Sent: 20 per day
Avg Requests Filled: 20 per day
Status: On Vacation (settable by player, select-able options)
Gift Preference: Parts Only (settable by player, select-able options)
Welcome Message: gift and respond to requests daily, tip when I can (settable by player, text box)

KadeeDid
10-27-15, 12:13 PM
Great ideas! I often wonder if people are still playing if I do not see them in my feed but sometimes have several with similar names. Ones who gift or visit regularly are my priorities if I am busy and I tend to request from these people as I know they reliably fill requests. It would be nice to know if someone has been AWOL for a long while.

I do not typically delete people as life happens and if someone says they will be gone for a while or are ill and it is ok to delete,I reassure them that I will not delete.

It would be good to have the info about how often they play etc.