PDA

View Full Version : Windmills

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-15-14, 08:13 AM
I read in the goals guide that the drop rate for flour from windmills is 20%.
Does the rate increase with upgrades or stay the same, regardless of the level of the windmill?
Anybody know? (How about you, with the TWELVE windmills? Lol)

tigarlilyvol
04-15-14, 08:34 AM
Mine are different levels seem to drop at same rate.

shambalaya
04-15-14, 10:48 AM
Hey, there are people with more windmills than me :rolleyes:
my windmills are all lowly level ones but the droprate sounds about right.
From experience, the level doesn't ever affect drop rate, it only influences either collection time/coin rate/RP.

meme1098
04-15-14, 11:10 AM
I hardly ever get flour from my windmill, maybe once every 80 collections or so.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-16-14, 09:01 AM
Thx guys, that's what I suspected so I just went ahead & built a second windmill instead of using my resources to upgrade the one I had. Seems kinda pointless to upgrade them when all you get is more coins. I can get that from the upteen OTHER buildings I have lol

brandonu
04-16-14, 09:23 AM
I just upgraded my windmills because I was near max on Royal Beams and Blocks. No other reason. Definitely don't need the coins.

terrymum
04-16-14, 09:48 AM
Thx guys, that's what I suspected so I just went ahead & built a second windmill instead of using my resources to upgrade the one I had. Seems kinda pointless to upgrade them when all you get is more coins. I can get that from the upteen OTHER buildings I have lol

It only seems to make a difference if you are becoming short of space; then you have to store the windmills until needed and they do not accumulate any coins etc. in storage :(

Queenzod
04-16-14, 12:37 PM
Eventually, with all the places you can get flour, you're going to max out and then you can put the windmill away! I haven't had mine out in ages and I'm perilously close to being full. PERILOUS, I say!

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-16-14, 12:46 PM
Eventually, with all the places you can get flour, you're going to max out and then you can put the windmill away! I haven't had mine out in ages and I'm perilously close to being full. PERILOUS, I say!
What "all places" are you getting flour besides growing wheat nonstop and trading milk & eggs in the Exchange??
My demand can't keep up, with bread and noodles andandand lol ...

Ps my pergola stinks ...gives me milk, eggs, fish, bacon, TRUFFLES...basically all the stuff I can easily get from my ANIMALS. Grr

Queenzod
04-16-14, 01:12 PM
What "all places" are you getting flour besides growing wheat nonstop and trading milk & eggs in the Exchange??

Ps my pergola stinks ...gives me milk, eggs, fish, bacon, TRUFFLES...basically all the stuff I can easily get from my ANIMALS. Grr

Let's see, pergola (I have 2), Pepe, dairy exchange, ummm... I dunno where else. I'm always mostly full on flour and wheat, I've got 67 breads and I haven't made any in forever. Two months ago I had 12 bread. Same with sugar and cane. I do remember long time ago when I was small that I did have to plant wheat and cane all the time. But with the advent of Pepe and the pergola, it's changed over the last few months. I make noodles a couple of times per day, so it's not like I'm not using the wheat up. I also had to start making lemonade and fruit pies, just to get rid of excess flour and sugar. Actually, I'm almost always on the verge of being maxed out.

I think the pergola is fantastic. I know there's lots of people who don't like it, but it really keeps those staples coming in regularly. It adds up over time, especially if you have two. Plus, it gives feasts, and along with Mr. Piggy, I haven't made a hearty stew in six months, at least, plus I get gobs of breaded fish and spaghetti. Excuse me, *pasta* lol. I've got 75 hearty feasts ready to go, and another ten I could craft if I wanted to. We had been asking for something to take the weight off the kitchens, and TL gave it to us! I'm very grateful, and it has changed my gameplay.

Ps. I don't work for the pergola association, nor do any of my family. :D

forkyfork99
04-16-14, 01:13 PM

Lol. I was about to say the same. What are these mysterious other places you can get flour?

What's annoying is that it is used in so many kitchen recipes too! And usually 2 at a time!

forkyfork99
04-16-14, 01:15 PM
Let's see, pergola (I have 2), Pepe, dairy exchange, ummm... I dunno where else. I'm always mostly full on flour and wheat, I've got 67 breads and I haven't made any in forever. Two months ago I had 12 bread. Same with sugar and cane. I do remember long time ago when I was small that I did have to plant wheat and cane all the time. But with the advent of Pepe and the pergola, it's changed over the last few months. I make noodles a couple of times per day, so it's not like I'm not using the wheat up. I also had to start making lemonade and fruit pies, just to get rid of excess flour and sugar. Actually, I'm almost always on the verge of being maxed out.

I think the pergola is fantastic. I know there's lots of people who don't like it, but it really keeps those staples coming in regularly. It adds up over time, especially if you have two. Plus, it gives feasts, and along with Mr. Piggy, I haven't made a hearty stew in six months, at least, plus I get gobs of breaded fish and spaghetti. Excuse me, *pasta* lol. I've got 75 hearty feasts ready to go, and another ten I could craft if I wanted to. We had been asking for something to take the weight off the kitchens, and TL gave it to us! I'm very grateful, and it has changed my gameplay.

Mr. Piggy actually gives out hearty feasts? Or just the materials for them?

My issue with the hearty feasts is that I never have enough longswords to take my knights on adventures.

Queenzod
04-16-14, 01:21 PM
Mr. Piggy actually gives out hearty feasts? Or just the materials for them?

My issue with the hearty feasts is that I never have enough longswords to take my knights on adventures.

No, just the materials. Sorry. Do you have the knights hall? It gives swords. So does mr. Pig, dragons. You'll get a stockpile eventually. I did spend about 4 months not going on adventures, to build up my stocks. You're in the "will I ever have enough XX," stage, grasshopper. Wax on, wax off.

forkyfork99
04-16-14, 02:13 PM
No, just the materials. Sorry. Do you have the knights hall? It gives swords. So does mr. Pig, dragons. You'll get a stockpile eventually. I did spend about 4 months not going on adventures, to build up my stocks. You're in the "will I ever have enough XX," stage, grasshopper. Wax on, wax off.

I'm about to build the jousting arena, but I got while on the knights hall. Only one badge down. Also only level 23.

I try to send my knights on adventure every day, even if it's just a simple feast (which sometimes it is).

kooky panda
04-16-14, 02:23 PM
Thread has now gone a little off topic.

Original question:

I read in the goals guide that the drop rate for flour from windmills is 20%.
Does the rate increase with upgrades or stay the same, regardless of the level of the windmill?
Anybody know? (How about you, with the TWELVE windmills? Lol)

Queenzod
04-16-14, 03:10 PM
Thread has now gone a little off topic.

Original question:

I am getting a little tired of being smacked by mods constantly when the thread strays a few degrees. This is a discussion forum, right? For discussing CS, right? It seems like this curtailing is happening more frequently in the past week or so. It seems to me that we are being discouraged from talking about game play. If we are not allowed to stray (even when still talking about the game), can we at least have an off topic thread within CS? Many people do not want to go to the Team Lava threads, since they're peopled by others doing other stuff.

I'm really confused by this. It seems to me there is excessive policing going on. If this post gets removed, I'm going to be even more upset. Why can we not even talk about this? :mad:

shambalaya
04-16-14, 03:26 PM
I am getting a little tired of being smacked by mods constantly when the thread strays a few degrees. This is a discussion forum, right? For discussing CS, right? It seems like this curtailing is happening more frequently in the past week or so. It seems to me that we are being discouraged from talking about game play. If we are not allowed to stray (even when still talking about the game), can we at least have an off topic thread within CS? Many people do not want to go to the Team Lava threads, since they're peopled by others doing other stuff.

I'm really confused by this. It seems to me there is excessive policing going on. If this post gets removed, I'm going to be even more upset. Why can we not even talk about this? :mad:

I agree. I would like a little more room for natural conversation. Imagine if you have friends over and you were forced to all get up and go to another room every time you change the subject a little bit!
I understand the need for having topics and being able to find information on a particular subject in a certain thread, but personally I enjoy it when there's a bit of banter and the conversation flows.

To say something about windmills: I'm not planning on putting mine away anytime soon, but if I took a 4 months break from adventures instead of doing 45 per month, I would definitely max out on flour related items :-)

forkyfork99
04-16-14, 03:41 PM

I agree, as well. The way the game is designed certain elements play into other elements that it's only natural the topic may shift. It seems silly to have to create a new thread every time you have a new topic. That will clutter the board too.

I understand if we start talking about a totally different game entirely, but going slightly off-topic doesn't seem that outrageous to me.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-16-14, 04:42 PM
Lol, oh my ...we're all about to be MODDED here, lol ... Off-topic to me should really only mean when it's off-topic from talking about CS and game play...but that's prolly why I'm not a moderator lolol

Anyway.

How in the world can you have so much flour and bread??? ... Do you not send your knights out daily from court & barracks? I don't foresee stowing my windmills away ANY time soon (& neither of them gave me any flour today lol)
...but my pergola finally gave me something other than animal products -- I got a plate of grits and a BREAD, woot! Lol

dracoonic
04-16-14, 09:16 PM

Dear Queenzod,

I am always lack of flours and I saw that you said you are maxed of it? Did you get it from windmills? If so, how many mills work for your flour production?

Also I saw the vast numbers of 75 hearty feast and the stocks you were piling, makes me wonder, what are the stocks you are lacking in your current game?

Ps. - I agree with you that post shouldn't be moderated just because it strays off point. I have a slightly related question I would like to ask it in this thread and other players would have benefited from the suggestions provided. Now, what's wrong with that?

Queenzod
04-16-14, 10:07 PM
Dear Queenzod,

I am always lack of flours and I saw that you said you are maxed of it? Did you get it from windmills? If so, how many mills work for your flour production?

Also I saw the vast numbers of 75 hearty feast and the stocks you were piling, makes me wonder, what are the stocks you are lacking in your current game?

Ps. - I agree with you that post shouldn't be moderated just because it strays off point. I have a slightly related question I would like to ask it in this thread and other players would have benefited from the suggestions provided. Now, what's wrong with that?

I put my windmills away months ago. I get it from the dairy exchange, Pepe and the pergolas. I think I was able to stock up so many feasts b/c I didn't go adventuring for, like 4 months, unless I had to. That took the pressure off so I could just make feasts. The only resource I'm short of right now is boar tusks! Lol but, I play all day, every day.

oliverrr11
04-17-14, 12:38 AM

On windmills: I have 2 at level 5 and do not notice an increase in flour drops from when they were at lower levels. The occasional drop from them, plus the pergola and dairy exchange keeps me to where I seldom have to make flour. I'm not maxed because I do use them. Maybe at 15 or so right now, but it seems to be maintaininig around that number.

On the above quote: I completely agree, too! I like having a little leeway to joke around about the topic. A strict "this is the question and the only thing you can answer here" makes for a VERY BORING forum! And I do understand that on a rare occasion it can go too far (guilty!) and someone needs to step in. But can we PLEASE have just a tiny little bit of fun here? Someone posted on another thread that "going on the forum was entertaining" and to "grab some popcorn for the read" or something like that. I used to feel that way, but not lately. Recently I've been leaning toward coming on the forum only on Thursdays to see the new updates and that's it. Sorry if this part is off topic, but there is nowhere to discuss this openly. Please consider the entertainment value a little banter has for us and keeps us coming back. Thank you!

Chaotarch
04-17-14, 12:58 AM
[QUOTE=oliverrr11;887531]On windmills: I have 2 at level 5 and do not notice an increase in flour drops from when they were at lower levels. The occasional drop from them, plus the pergola and dairy exchange keeps me to where I seldom have to make flour. I'm not maxed because I do use them. Maybe at 15 or so right now, but it seems to be maintaininig around that number.

Yh, right. Dont waste your ressources for windhills even u are boring :cool:
i build 6 windmills cause i thought they drop wool ( omg dont remember how i get this idea :rolleyes: ), but they drop flour and the droprate is terrible, so i store 5 of them.
u get more flour from exchange and pergola...

kooky panda
04-17-14, 05:18 AM
Closing thread due to Forum Rules & Policies (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies) violations.
Please review and follow these rules when posting.

Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, involve any of the following activities:

Making off topic posts that derail the thread

Disputes with Forum Staff/TL Staff
Please note that it is against the forum rules to dispute with forum moderators regarding a mod action in the thread. If you have a question about a mod action, please post in the Forum Disputes section, or send the moderators a Private Message.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding these rules, please let one of the TL Community Managers know via PM or in the Forum Disputes (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) section.

If you wish to discuss other topics you can search for an existing thread, or start a new thread on your topic.

If you would like to visit with other players you can start up a New Group. (http://forums.storm8.com/group.php) and post a link to your group in the TeamLava Fan Links (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?94-TeamLava-Fan-Links) forum.