PDA

View Full Version : Items that seem to be too rare and mining

chuckyt888
04-14-14, 09:01 PM
I posted a few threads in the discussions forum but thought Id summarize here in case these things aren't working as intended.

For the butterfly and mole collections I am always waiting on one item for each collection. For the mole collection it is the sunglasses. For the butterfly collection it is the green butterfly. Both seem to have a very low drop rate. I have bunches of all the rest and since its just the one item for each that lags behind, it feels like this is intentional to have one item be much harder to get. I'm bringing it up just in case. It won't be long before I have over 10 of every other collection item but these two.

Paint seems to be very rare as well... Much rarer than the other upgrade items. I get it once in a blue moon from orders and butterflies. Don't think I've got it from moles before.

The mine seems to have become more difficult with the location leaning more to edges and corners where people are more apt to waste turns finding the initial area. I used to always get 2 items and most of the time 3. The ore/item drop rates in the mine seem to need much better balancing as well. It leans far too much toward silver.

The paint and mine rates cause a lot of wasted barn space waiting for them in order to either jewel craft or upgrade buildings.

This could all be intentional/working as intended but I thought I'd bring them up in this forum in case. In my opinion, all these things need code change to balance/smooth out the drop rates.

ciarjen
04-15-14, 12:21 AM
I posted a few threads in the discussions forum but thought Id summarize here in case these things aren't working as intended.

For the butterfly and mole collections I am always waiting on one item for each collection. For the mole collection it is the sunglasses. For the butterfly collection it is the green butterfly. Both seem to have a very low drop rate. I have bunches of all the rest and since its just the one item for each that lags behind, it feels like this is intentional to have one item be much harder to get. I'm bringing it up just in case. It won't be long before I have over 10 of every other collection item but these two.

Paint seems to be very rare as well... Much rarer than the other upgrade items. I get it once in a blue moon from orders and butterflies. Don't think I've got it from moles before.

The mine seems to have become more difficult with the location leaning more to edges and corners where people are more apt to waste turns finding the initial area. I used to always get 2 items and most of the time 3. The ore/item drop rates in the mine seem to need much better balancing as well. It leans far too much toward silver.

The paint and mine rates cause a lot of wasted barn space waiting for them in order to either jewel craft or upgrade buildings.

This could all be intentional/working as intended but I thought I'd bring them up in this forum in case. In my opinion, all these things need code change to balance/smooth out the drop rates.

It's all intentional to slow players down in the game to make it last longer and encourage people to buy gems who want to get on faster.

The gems I get from pets, mining and train deliveries I use to buy paint so that I can upgrade my barn. Everything else I am able to collect in the newspaper.

I have been short one particular butterfly for months and months. I am not too concerned because the last two collections I have completed have only given me 200 coins each :p

chuckyt888
04-15-14, 12:40 AM
I figured it was probably intentional...particularly for a "free to play/pay to win or advance" game but it doesn't make it any less annoying :)

I'm curious is the butterfly you are missing the green one? It would be interesting to know if the code is more dynamic in delaying drops or if its just specific drops for the collections that have a low drop rate. It's the green one and the sunglasses for me. Those butterfly collections aren't bad. I got 2k once and I think I got some gems once. Got 10 shovels once from the moles with the rest being 1 tool with the exception of a 2 tool drop once.

chuckyt888
04-15-14, 12:44 AM
Also I find it funny that I've seen the green butterfly drop before and have it flip to another butterfly real fast. Haha. You made a collection....nope sorry... you need to wait some more to increase the chance you pay money for coins/gems hahah.

ciarjen
04-15-14, 01:02 AM
I've got 22 green butterflies ;) No for me it is the light pink one, bottom row, second from right. I have always been short of that one.

I've got 39 purple one, lol.

chuckyt888
04-15-14, 10:40 PM
I continue to get a majority of silver from the mine. I get it over 2/3 of the time I'd say. It's ruining the fun of the mining mini-game along with what appears to be a difficulty increase in finding items.

Now I know why in seeing silver more and more in the newspaper. People have a large surplus of it due to imbalance.

ciarjen
04-16-14, 04:12 AM
I continue to get a majority of silver from the mine. I get it over 2/3 of the time I'd say. It's ruining the fun of the mining mini-game along with what appears to be a difficulty increase in finding items.

Now I know why in seeing silver more and more in the newspaper. People have a large surplus of it due to imbalance.

It's the combination of more silver coming from the mine and a lack of crafting requirements for silver compared to other items.

Earring need 2 iron for 1 silver, necklace needs 3 wood for 1 silver.

chuckyt888
04-16-14, 08:54 AM
Yeah. I think it's 2 silver, 1 gold for the ring and 2 iron, 1 silver for the earrings. I don't have the necklace yet. It takes good 4 tools at the least for me to create 1 of the jewlelsmith items now due to the silver rate being too high and the iron/gold drop rate being too low. That's with getting 2 finds per tool on average. It's definitely become harder for me to get more than 2 finds per tool now. Used to get 2 at the least and the majority of the time 3.