PDA

View Full Version : A little noob help please?

PoisonThorne
04-14-14, 06:59 PM
I cannot seem to acquire any coins at all in this game :confused: I stay right around $4500 at all times. If I harvest coins from the habitats, then replant food, I stay where I am. I currently have 1 quest to get a bigger habitat ($15k) and another to get a bigger farm ($30K). I do not see how this is possible unless I am just not supposed to be feeding the dragons at all for a few days?
I was going to wait it out a bit longer, but then I got another quest to build a trading portal, which I did, thinking it would help. The only dragon it wants me to trade is the only one that makes me any real money!?!:mad: Do I ignore the quest for now?

Any help appreciated as I tried the game guide but found the following statement not so true...at least the easily obtained bit!!
""Silver- This is the basic currency for the game, easily obtained by harvesting from your Dragon Habitats. It can be used to buy items, food, and start to breed your dragons. ""
Thanks!:)

Drachenia
04-14-14, 07:10 PM
I cannot seem to acquire any coins at all in this game :confused: I stay right around $4500 at all times. If I harvest coins from the habitats, then replant food, I stay where I am. I currently have 1 quest to get a bigger habitat ($15k) and another to get a bigger farm ($30K). I do not see how this is possible unless I am just not supposed to be feeding the dragons at all for a few days?
I was going to wait it out a bit longer, but then I got another quest to build a trading portal, which I did, thinking it would help. The only dragon it wants me to trade is the only one that makes me any real money!?!:mad: Do I ignore the quest for now?

Any help appreciated as I tried the game guide but found the following statement not so true...at least the easily obtained bit!!
""Silver- This is the basic currency for the game, easily obtained by harvesting from your Dragon Habitats. It can be used to buy items, food, and start to breed your dragons. ""

Feed them one or three dragons to LVL 10 and then they also get more coins. You are just starting out, the quests they can first forget and they do in the course of the game

dangerb0y
04-14-14, 09:14 PM
You should be following the get rich quick guide http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?43317-STARTING-PLAYERS-How-to-get-Rich

ciarjen
04-15-14, 12:16 AM

The trading portal is for trading dragons that you have duplicates of that you don't need.

I would exactly not pay attention to the quests in the book. There are so many and if you focus on them, you will never get anything done that you need. Just make sure you regularly check the book and if you see a "new" quest, tap on it to open it. Once it is open, it will give you a reward if you complete it.

The breeding of dragons is random, so it depends on which dragons to breed as to what you do in terms of buying habitats or levelling up. You do not need to feed the dragons regularly.

I would suggest just growing food - the cheapest you can - and collecting it and only feed up the dragons you need to once you have worked out the best strategy for levelling up.

You could post your list of dragons you have here for advice on which ones to level up and what to breed, what habitats to get.

PoisonThorne
04-15-14, 02:35 AM
You should be following the get rich quick guide http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?43317-STARTING-PLAYERS-How-to-get-Rich
Thanks for that link. I can see I have already made some boo boos though lol. Mostly because it says not to get to level 10 too fast and I am almost there :eek:

The trading portal is for trading dragons that you have duplicates of that you don't need.

I would exactly not pay attention to the quests in the book. There are so many and if you focus on them, you will never get anything done that you need. Just make sure you regularly check the book and if you see a "new" quest, tap on it to open it. Once it is open, it will give you a reward if you complete it.

The breeding of dragons is random, so it depends on which dragons to breed as to what you do in terms of buying habitats or levelling up. You do not need to feed the dragons regularly.

I would suggest just growing food - the cheapest you can - and collecting it and only feed up the dragons you need to once you have worked out the best strategy for levelling up.

You could post your list of dragons you have here for advice on which ones to level up and what to breed, what habitats to get.
Thanks for that, now I am really glad I didn't throw away my wild guy in hopes of making money.
Here is what I have now..
Habitats:
Yellow Plateau
Red Rocks
Big Red Rocks
Green Grove
Food:
3 small farms
Dragons:
lvl 5 Air Dragon
lvl 4? Fruit Dragon (he is in the evolution temple currently)
Lvl 5 and lvl 6 Fire Dragons
lvl 5 and lvl 7 Forest Dragons
lvl 6 Wild Dragon ( I didn't buy him,got him when I did the first quest to breed)
Any ideas appreciated!

Feed them one or three dragons to LVL 10 and then they also get more coins. You are just starting out, the quests they can first forget and they do in the course of the game
Thanks for adding me.

One other thing? Last time I collected the news said my mom had gifted me gold (she's the one who got me playing) but I can't seem to locate said gold anywhere?!?

Thanks again to everyone who replied!!