PDA

View Full Version : Friend Requests

doobievilla
04-11-14, 02:49 PM
Is there a secret to getting friends to send Hedge Trimmers???? I have asked 20 at a time around every 2 hours and only one Hedge Trimmer so far.. ALL DAY. I have gotten tons of requests from other players.. Yes they are active. I will donate my time to build a new Server VM to handle these requests better.. Ill build the LUN, Datastore and server.. just let me know. Thanks

maguar
04-11-14, 04:15 PM
You've clogged your request system by sending 20 every 2 hours. It's 20 that'll get through in a day. The next day 20 will go through etc. Give it a couple of days to clear and then send 20 in the day to people you know will respond daily.

doobievilla
04-11-14, 07:35 PM
Im getting requests so what is clogged Maguar???

doobievilla
04-11-14, 08:01 PM
You've clogged your request system by sending 20 every 2 hours. It's 20 that'll get through in a day. The next day 20 will go through etc. Give it a couple of days to clear and then send 20 in the day to people you know will respond daily.

A couple of days?)))). Omg.

maguar
04-11-14, 08:01 PM
The requests that you receive and the requests that you send out are separate. Of the requests you send out 20 a day go out. Of the requests that you receive their doesn't appear to be a limit. You do not need to spend gems to finish these requests. As I said if you send 20 requests a day to people you know who will respond you'll finish goals like these in a few days.

doobievilla
04-11-14, 08:05 PM
Nice try at an answer but i guess i have to accept it. Or quit. I am prolly gonna quit. When was it limited to 20 per day????

doobievilla
04-11-14, 08:15 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?37729-Castle-Story-FAQ

doobievilla
04-11-14, 08:16 PM
I waited a day and only asked 20 people that i knew were active. 1 reply.. So i then proceeded to robo it.. Still 1

doobievilla
04-11-14, 08:17 PM
Still only 1

doobievilla
04-11-14, 08:47 PM
Still only 1

ghjvcucjb
04-11-14, 09:52 PM
You can only send 20 per day. Those 20 people have to log on to their games, receive and notice your requests, accept your request, then the system has to send it back to you. If you clog up your system by sending 20 every few hours it can slow it down. If players don't log in constantly then it slows down.

It's always been this way and is the same for everyone. You don't have to gem through any of it, just have patience. Several of the request goals took me days to get enough request.

brenstal
04-12-14, 12:56 AM
It honestly isn't a big deal. Your neighbors aren't going to instantly respond to you, but you'll get it done within a couple days. I know that sometimes I'll get a response like 4 minutes after my request and other times people won't check for days. It just depends on the player. If you're patient, it will come together. The game makes some things hard to get. Maybe you could just focus on your other goals for a couple days.

dizzy7373
04-12-14, 02:56 AM
It has always been limited, I don't know how many neighbours you have , but lets say you have 100 neighbours, it will take 5 days for the requests to get through them, if 40 of those neighbours have stopped playing, then they will never respond.
You send 100 requests, the game sends the request to 20 neighbours today, tomorrow it will send it to a different 20, the following day another different 20, and so on.
You may have been unlucky and the game sent the request to 3 current players and 17 who have stopped.
Also remember there are people on your friends list from around the world in different time zones, I am in the UK, currently 11 am, your first post in this thread was posted at 11pm UK time, and your 2nd post at 3am, if I was your neighbour then I wouldn't have responded to your request as I was fast asleep.
it will take 5 days for that first lot of requests to be processed, then it will start on the next lot of requests that you sent.
When the new levels were added, that was a great time for me to root out inactive neighbours, anyone who was still on level 30 a week after the new levels were added, was deleted from my neighbours list as I decided that they had stopped playing.
I currently have around 60 neighbours, I will decide soon to prune them down further, not quite sure of the criteria to use yet though.

roguebee
04-12-14, 06:14 AM
I was under the impression you could only get 20 back in a day. That is what experience shows. There appears to be no limit to the sending. I send about 40 neighbors a request, wait 2 days and then send a request to the other half. I tend to get 20 back, then some, then 20, then some. It works for me. Takes about 4 days to get 50 responses.

dizzy7373
04-12-14, 12:51 PM
You can send lots, but the game will only let 20 through per day, so as you say, you send 40, get 20 back because the game has only let 20 through. then the following day 20 more of your neighbours have received and responded to the request. If you kept a note of who responds and when they respond, then you could send the requests to them and get the 50 responses in 3 days, 20, 20 and then 10.

dubbleyooteeyef
04-12-14, 05:13 PM
Another reason TL games need a way of tracking active players.

Professional MMO games have "last logged on" details for all players.

Or just let all requests out and limit responses to 20 most active

either way - just code properly

meme1098
04-12-14, 06:15 PM
I've gotten a request that said it was from 4 days ago so what dizzy says is true.
When you send out more than 20 requests per day, the system will only let 20 of your neighbors respond since that's all you can get in a day. When you reach your request limit for that day, then the next 20 requests are sent, and so on until the request system is cleared up. So sending more than 20 or so requests in a day just clogs things up for you.

Gabi2111
04-12-14, 06:57 PM
Personally I find sending out requests a good way to see which neighbours are still active and which aren't.
The hearts don't necessary show that.

roguebee
04-13-14, 06:43 AM
CS's FAQ says "I have x neighbours. I sent them all a request to get x. I've only had 10 back. What gives? You can only receive 20 requests back each day. When you send the request out to everyone it can clog up the system for you. For most quests you should pick 20-30 people that you know will respond."

All I'm doing is following the suggestion in the FAQ, although 40 is a few more than 30.

Gabi2111
04-13-14, 01:36 PM
May be lots of your neighbours are not playing the game anymore ... Or not daily. I can't see any other way why a neighbour won't send back requested items. Sometimes it takes couple of days, not everyone plays on a daily basis.

That's why I keep an eye on requests. Neighbours who don't send back requests I tend to delete or make a note not to send requests to them.
From my last request of 20 I received 16 items and ended up with deleting 2 neighbours. Not mad at them...these 2 just weren't playing the game anymore .

roguebee
04-13-14, 02:13 PM
I understand. I'll probably make the effort next time I have a request to track who replies.