PDA

View Full Version : Share your CS lingo! - Player Terms Glossary

Gardienn
04-11-14, 11:19 AM
As a long-time player I've come across gameplay elements that needed a word to describe them, but there was none, so I made them up to fill the void. I figure others have the same void, so I'm sharing my couple of words and encourage you to share yours too.

Tell your word, what it means, and how it came about. :)

What do you call a bunch of Alicorns?
A glonder

Some of my friends have a ton of the fluttery creatures and one day, as I tried to comment about a group of them, I couldn't call them a herd because they are fluttery and a gaggle sounded all wrong. Nothing fit their magicalness. Looking at my friend's 20+ Alicorns flutter when I still had none, I thought, that's a glorious wonder. And so, glonder (GLorious + wONDER) was born.

When your kingdom suddenly flashes with a bunch of sparkles it's a...
Flashbang

When you come back to your open app and mid-collection everything spits out as it cycles through a reload:
Cycle Spew

I can't wait to hear what other players have come up with.

bogusiawieder
04-11-14, 12:09 PM
When a kingdom is full of random stuff all splapped to each other:
a storagedom

bogusiawieder
04-11-14, 12:11 PM
When all animals are in line next to each other all facing one way:
animarmy

bogusiawieder
04-11-14, 12:16 PM
Another one when a person is full of gem bought things:
A moneywasher

meme1098
04-11-14, 02:25 PM
Those are all fantastic! Lov 'um.

Animarmy especially is good!

Gardienn
04-11-14, 05:04 PM
Good ones!

ghjvcucjb
04-11-14, 09:58 PM
I call the animals all lined up head to bum a "Bandimal"...(marching) band + animal = Bandimal.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-12-14, 05:48 AM
I haven't made up any lingo yet but a nbor of mine calls all of the shovels, flowering cans, bags & yellow arrows over everything ... "Floaties"
I know, simple & childish-sounding ... But we *are* playing a game in a mythical land, here lol.

bogusiawieder
04-12-14, 07:45 AM
I call the group of shovels,watering cans,coins,yellow arrows a flatch (floating+patch)

dragoniakingdom
04-12-14, 10:39 AM
My name for Castle Story is Crash as it seems to be the most consistent in game activity :(

Kingdom Crash:p

forkyfork99
04-15-14, 11:12 AM
Here's one that's up for debate. When you get milk from the cow, that's milking. But what about when you get eggs from a chicken or bacon from a pig?

I still call it milking (ex: "milking for bacon") but my BF calls it baconing/egging/etc. Thoughts?

Also, gotta love how in this Castle Story world, pigs give an endless supply of bacon without having to die. If only that was true in real life. All the bacon loving fiends would never go hungry

meme1098
04-15-14, 11:15 AM
Especially now since there's some mysterious virus affecting the swine population in the real world.
Bacon may be in very short supply soon and skyrocket in price just like beef.

Gardienn
04-17-14, 12:19 PM
Here's one that's up for debate. When you get milk from the cow, that's milking. But what about when you get eggs from a chicken or bacon from a pig?

I still call it milking (ex: "milking for bacon") but my BF calls it baconing/egging/etc. Thoughts?

I always called it just collecting.

Also, gotta love how in this Castle Story world, pigs give an endless supply of bacon without having to die. If only that was true in real life. All the bacon loving fiends would never go hungry

That would be cool. Then again, maybe it's a good thing, so we don't all have pseudo high cholesterol. lol