PDA

View Full Version : Help level 169....

k8rx
04-11-14, 10:59 AM
This level wants 150 blue candies in 20 moves...help!!!

Phaedrakiki
04-12-14, 12:07 PM
Been months since I passed level 169, so I played it again a couple times (working on 3-starring all my levels, anyway.) It is tough--one of those levels where you have to wait for that lucky round. I didn't pass, but got within 7 candies when I played a 3rd time. (Would've passed if I'd had a charged 'Wand or 'Blast.)

It's mostly just basic strategy on 169, though. Try to make lots of special spaces (especially the 5+ candy types--Sugar Blast, Sugar Scoops.) Wait 'til blue candies have high #'s, by matching nearby and/or getting them in Sprinkle Cannon row/columns (especially the "intersections".) Turn the ice blue, make the most effective matches (clear multiple candies vs. just 3 of one color,) etc.

It's also a good idea to start the round with lots of blue candies onscreen (especially in Sprinkle Cannon row/columns.) If you only have a few blues/no matches, restart the level (doesn't take an energy if you don't make a move.)

It might take awhile to get close on this one. Once you get a good round and are within "win range," you can employ your free boosts for extra help. Maximize their effectiveness by using with special spaces you've made yourself, like using the Candy Wand to activate a blue candy on a Sugar Scoop. You could use your Super Sweet boost to add +1 to every blue candy first, too (or try this before setting off your Sugar Blast boost, choosing the row & column w/highest number of blue candies.)

Best of luck! That awesome round's coming soon! :)