PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcatcher Dragon -Value Pack (IOS)

buttabdullah99
04-11-14, 10:52 AM
Why this new dragon is in value pack :(

edit(KP)

NOTE: You cannot obtain this dragon from breeding.

Rarity : Super Rare dragon
Elements ( colors ) : purple/yellow
breeding time : 10 h

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/2AA0C0EA-A14E-4D65-B57E-9D9999D06EE6_zpslphher2t.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/2AA0C0EA-A14E-4D65-B57E-9D9999D06EE6_zpslphher2t.png.html)

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/e9ee3bd2-3d16-4528-b4aa-8471a22124c3_zps1f584b12.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/e9ee3bd2-3d16-4528-b4aa-8471a22124c3_zps1f584b12.png.html)

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/d0fbc3af-3291-4349-9603-f801d4d35ed8_zpse0788c5f.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/d0fbc3af-3291-4349-9603-f801d4d35ed8_zpse0788c5f.png.html)

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/8EA140F9-C8B7-4D45-ACBE-9EAB62FACF0A_zpsmwnsavvo.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/8EA140F9-C8B7-4D45-ACBE-9EAB62FACF0A_zpsmwnsavvo.png.html)

FigmentValley
04-11-14, 10:56 AM
I just logged in to find out what it is, too. ??? I cannot even find colors for this dragon? ?????

Silverisimo
04-11-14, 10:58 AM
I'm wondering about the colors too. Hope it will be breedable, baby form looks cute.

knj00
04-11-14, 11:11 AM
So right now it looks like a buy only dragon that produces coins??? O_o
Did someone mess up or is this a late April Fools joke. ;)

buttabdullah99
04-11-14, 11:12 AM
So right now it looks like a buy only dragon that produces coins??? O_o
Did someone mess up or is this a late April Fools joke. ;)
Lol I hope so

Clark_Wayne
04-11-14, 11:51 AM
I got the Value pack too but can't find info on this dragon ! :confused:
Anyone got info ?

buttabdullah99
04-11-14, 12:05 PM
I got the Value pack too but can't find info on this dragon ! :confused:
Anyone got info ?

Hey why ur value pack is expansive mine is 10. something :)

AnnirasSweets
04-11-14, 12:13 PM
I'm betting this is going to be a purple/yellow dragon but I'm not so sure we'll be able to breed it. I'm worried since TL is introducing it this way that it will be unbreedable. Not really sure what to think at this point, hmpfh.

jus7_me89
04-11-14, 12:42 PM
Rarity : Super Rare dragon
Elements ( colors ) : purple/yellow
breeding time : 10 h

Drachenia
04-11-14, 01:02 PM
It is not to breed, it is only to buy. Hope it's there as a prize in the next mini-tournament. Please TL that would be very nice

SuziMisterman
04-11-14, 01:27 PM
I for 1 like the Value pack, it's rather inexpensive and a better way for us people who have no luck breading anything, and would like a NEW dragon......Oh! wait, Im great at breeding, magic, coral, mist, ...no matter the color combo, I always end up breeding these. I see there's different prices of value pack.....mine is at 15.99

kooky panda
04-11-14, 01:32 PM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/e9ee3bd2-3d16-4528-b4aa-8471a22124c3_zps1f584b12.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/e9ee3bd2-3d16-4528-b4aa-8471a22124c3_zps1f584b12.png.html)

Galadraal
04-11-14, 01:35 PM
I think it looks like an Easter Egg :-) I too wonder what it looks like even. There is no information anywhere

awsumum
04-11-14, 02:04 PM
I feel ripped off :( my dream catcher "value" pack is $18.99 I am not happy TL, why can't you make prices the same

MakJulos
04-11-14, 02:08 PM
Clever way of forcing players to spend actual money on the game - and imagine the cryout from ppl who bought it now if they later on introduce it as an event reward or in breeding, brrr.....

buttabdullah99
04-11-14, 02:40 PM
I feel ripped off :( my dream catcher "value" pack is $18.99 I am not happy TL, why can't you make prices the same
That's really not good and fair :(

buttabdullah99
04-11-14, 02:41 PM
Clever way of forcing players to spend actual money on the game - and imagine the cryout from ppl who bought it now if they later on introduce it as an event reward or in breeding, brrr.....
Lol!!!! I am not going to buy this have patience :D

midnightmeerkat
04-11-14, 02:44 PM

There are different prices because of currency differences..... I'm in NZ and my price is $18.99

jogeter
04-11-14, 02:45 PM

it's because 1€ is not the same amount as 1$ ;)

midnightmeerkat
04-11-14, 02:47 PM
it's because 1€ is not the same amount as 1$ ;)

And US$ is different amount from NZ$ and AU$

hatton2
04-11-14, 03:17 PM
And US$ is different amount from NZ$ and AU$

I'm in the US and it's 14.99, not a good deal in my opinion!

ProjectDragon
04-11-14, 07:10 PM
I'm also at $14.99, which is 75% off of regular price ($59.99, are you kidding!?) but it is still too high for me. The only time I actually bought a value pack was for Clockwork before we could breed it, for $0.99, the only price I am willing to pay. They would get more money out of me if they offered other dragons for $0.99! Until then, not gonna happen!

I think this is a test to see how many people are willing to pay for a dragon they've never seen before and has to be bought to obtain.

chalupa2030
04-11-14, 07:32 PM

Same here! I love the value paks! I may get this. Great deal, I think! Would like to see him in Epic first....

midnightmeerkat
04-12-14, 12:32 AM
I don't have the dream catcher value pack on my games any more (I'm wondering if it was a mistake)

EDIT: its back now on one of my games only.

jim23cash
04-12-14, 03:58 AM
I have never bought a value pack, mostly because I usually have the Dragon offered, but also because they only offer me coins, and never gold. I buy gold, which their records must show... And I have around 150 million coins, so I don't want to pay cash for more. If they really want me to buy something, they should offer a value pack with GOLD, food & Dragon. (HINT, HINT TL - Are you paying attention?)
If I received a reasonably priced value pack, that contained a "Rare Dragon" (not released another way, like Hammerhead) along with food and GOLD, I would probably buy it.
But if, like the clockwork, it later became easily bred or acquired, I would be an unhappy camper.
I guess if they announce it will be available later, some people won't buy it now. On the other hand, if they announce that it WON'T be available again, more people might buy it now... Sometimes the lack of communication is a real drag!

chalupa2030
04-12-14, 05:39 AM
But if, like the clockwork, it later became easily bred or acquired, I would be an unhappy camper.

I can understand that! I have a friend who plays in the arena and just recently I was offered a value pak of a dragon I always wanted, but I knew it was only attainable in the arena, until it was offered in a value pack for $15! Boy was she mad and I don't blame her! That happens a lot, according to her; she works hard and spends gold ultimately to get a particular drag and then later it is offered via a value pak, which just happened with the Valerki, dragon, something like that! I wanted it so long! But I could not get it in the end anyways.

MakJulos
04-12-14, 07:21 AM
I think these value packs are quite well worth their price if you're into paying TL money, i did buy a couple in the beginning (at approx the same cost as a large pizza lol) but seeing this one, where they make the currently only Super Rare Yellow/Purple dragon available only if you spend real money to get it...well, if the combat system hadn't been such a lottery it would definetly be too much of "pay to win" for a free to play game to me - this type of deal actually makes me more determined to not spend money on the game. But, if this way of implementing unique dragons into game doesn't bother you i'd say it's a very nice deal!

jptheripper
04-12-14, 08:25 AM
i would love it if this were a new album goal.

GooglyMoogly22
04-12-14, 08:49 AM
Does anyone that has this dragon know how much coins he earns at level 10?

cquinn32
04-12-14, 10:20 AM
Never seen the point of these value packs but up until now I've never had a problem with them being offered. This one just makes me upset because I have no interest in buying dragons (unless they give gold in return). Laugh if you want but if your goal is to try and have one of every dragon what is the point of breeding now if the only way to obtain this one is to pay 15$? And if they were to make it beedable or offer it as a prize later on that would just be even more wrong.

NouraMoh
04-13-14, 08:51 AM

I'm in Bahrain and it's $14.99 for me as well :|

kooky panda
04-13-14, 09:49 AM
Does anyone that has this dragon know how much coins he earns at level 10?

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/d0fbc3af-3291-4349-9603-f801d4d35ed8_zpse0788c5f.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/d0fbc3af-3291-4349-9603-f801d4d35ed8_zpse0788c5f.png.html)

cakeandpie
04-13-14, 10:55 AM
And if they were to make it beedable or offer it as a prize later on that would just be even more wrong.

Which could very well happen! I bought the Clockwork dragon deal when it was unbreedable, and then it became breed able! I even bred one as a fail! I was not happy. At least it was only a 99 cent deal; I would NEVER buy a "deal" that costs as much as $15.

igames4me
04-13-14, 12:12 PM
I guess this new dragon is for the gold buyers that want every dragon. But tl is wrong here because the gold buyers rather buy gold and breed than buy the dragon straight out of market. But now are forced to buy this package if they want to complete their collection. Let's see how this goes and hope tl doesn't do this again

jptheripper
04-13-14, 12:20 PM
i have no problem with this. TL has every right to see if they can sell dragons outright. No one is obligated to buy them.

Anything that supports the developers, and therefore supports the game being free for me, is fine with me.

cedkugedchgd
04-13-14, 12:25 PM
i have no problem with this. TL has every right to see if they can sell dragons outright. No one is obligated to buy them.

Anything that supports the developers, and therefore supports the game being free for me, is fine with me.

correct! finally someone who isn't complaining all day.

and also, this dragon is ugly anyway. well no, it's just not my taste :b

midnightmeerkat
04-13-14, 12:33 PM

I gave up long ago wanting to get every dragon..... I'll let this one pass. I agree with jptheripper as well.

cquinn32
04-13-14, 12:38 PM

Just a bad decision in my opinion but they can do want they want. I am frequent gold buyer and if they had just made it breedable I would have more than likely bought some gold to try and breed it. I won't be buying this value pack though and I'm sure a lot of other gold buyers feel the same.

jaesha
04-13-14, 01:37 PM
Just a bad decision in my opinion but they can do want they want. I am frequent gold buyer and if they had just made it breedable I would have more than likely bought some gold to try and breed it. I won't be buying this value pack though and I'm sure a lot of other gold buyers feel the same.

I agree. I'd rather see a 40% gold sale. Why make a dragon available in a package and not give us any information. We have to wait and see it posted by the buyers. Plus the coins it produces are weak. This should have been a much better earner and three colors instead of 2, or at least a better combo. Purple n yellow?

I've been on the fence about this purchase and will wait until the last day to decide, but leaning towards passing on this deal. I'd be really upset if I bought this, then see it in a tourney, summoning, or released in the market and made breedable even for a limited time at a later date. There are simply no guarantees because we had no info provided by TL.

If it's an experiment, I'll wait to see how this plays out and wait for the next one. Considering I haven't been able to breed Cerberus, good witch or chess, I've learned to accept that I can't have my favorite dragons and I'm not keen on paying for a dragon that has an unknown future. If gold had been included I may have bitten. Guess this will just be another dragon I covet floating on my neighbors islands instead of mine. :(

MakJulos
04-13-14, 02:16 PM

Correct, I wouldn't mind them putting up more dragons for sale only - if they did that maybe they also could improve gaming experience by getting rid of some goldtrapping, and improve breeding and battle odds - and still make good profit.

I think it's a pity though that they chose to put up a unique color/rank combo dragon up for sale only - yes, we all know the combat system is a lottery in the end, but still...in theory at least some players who cannot afford spending money wouldn't have equal chances of winning battles.... Oh well, some elitism in game might not be so bad, if it supports TL in keeping game free to play....:p

MakJulos
04-13-14, 02:23 PM
Why not put up dragons like Firemane in a value pack instead, the fifty-eleventh Yellow/Red Rare dragon, to be bought by the real fanboys/girls - yes the Purple/Yellow colors in Dreamcatcher isn't crazy fancy-schmanzy, but it's the only Super Rare one i've seen, making it unique imo. Oh well, now i'm "complaining all day" lol, TL are well aware of this and they're definetly free to run game any which way they want - it IS keeping the game free to play even if not in nicest way.

shield14
04-13-14, 03:31 PM
...in theory at least some players who cannot afford spending money wouldn't have equal chances of winning battles.... Oh well, some elitism in game might not be so bad, if it supports TL in keeping game free to play....:p

This theory is not completely correct - I can afford spending some money on buying gold and I actually did, but still I have no privileges to win battles. I rather say it is quite opposite, coz after TL put Valkyrie into the Value Pack they significantly reduced its fighting capabilities, from a Super Rare to a Common and now it is a decoration of my Island.

I used to buy Super Rares in the Value Packs. What happened now is that I am not able to breed any Rare or Super Rare dragon as if TL put a tag on my Island "Not breeding, Purchase only". I have army of common fails so that it was enough for me to craft Emerald and Ruby. Now I have almost enough gemstones to craft Pearl and Topaz.

I have spent around 1,000 USD since New Year and I absolutely don't feel that I have come any closer to the elite of DS players that you have mentioned.
BTW, I have 462 gold still left and I don't see any purpose I should spend it on...

R081Nchan
04-14-14, 12:17 AM
I bought this Dreamcatcher value pack but it turn out to be "Archway" value pack. I don't want the Archway, please give me back the dragon or I want my money back

midnightmeerkat
04-14-14, 01:56 AM
I bought this Dreamcatcher value pack but it turn out to be "Archway" value pack. I don't want the Archway, please give me back the dragon or I want my money back

Email support@teamlava.com - they will be able to help you

asyran2012
04-14-14, 02:47 AM

I'm in Malaysia and it's also $14.99! That's RM45 (Ringgit Malaysia) O.o
Make this dragon in a tourney or something -.-

ciarjen
04-14-14, 03:18 AM
This theory is not completely correct - I can afford spending some money on buying gold and I actually did, but still I have no privileges to win battles. I rather say it is quite opposite, coz after TL put Valkyrie into the Value Pack they significantly reduced its fighting capabilities, from a Super Rare to a Common and now it is a decoration of my Island.

I used to buy Super Rares in the Value Packs. What happened now is that I am not able to breed any Rare or Super Rare dragon as if TL put a tag on my Island "Not breeding, Purchase only". I have army of common fails so that it was enough for me to craft Emerald and Ruby. Now I have almost enough gemstones to craft Pearl and Topaz.

I have spent around 1,000 USD since New Year and I absolutely don't feel that I have come any closer to the elite of DS players that you have mentioned.
BTW, I have 462 gold still left and I don't see any purpose I should spend it on...

This is just my opinion based on my observations, so I don't know for sure but I don't think that fighting capabilities has anything to do with the dragons, rather the odds are set at account levels. So someone else could buy Valkyrie and it would be a very effective fighter but for you, not so.

I bought the value pack with Ninja in it and I rarely use Ninja to fight in battles because he is useless :D

chalupa2030
04-14-14, 04:16 AM
I bought the value pack with Ninja in it and I rarely use Ninja to fight in battles because he is useless :D

But he is cool!

asyran2012
04-14-14, 05:09 AM
But he is cool!

His design is cool but himself in the battles are …. xDD

MakJulos
04-14-14, 10:18 AM

Well the theory is very much just that - a theory, because this is DS, and in reality random bad luck messes up actual tactics so often, and even the best matching of a very strong dragon vs. a supposedly weaker opponent can end up whichever way.

So, my bad, must admit that i'm "complaining all day" for not much reason here - the combat system as it is surely doesn't give a great advantage to players who have the only Yellow/Purple Super Rare dragon...but i still don't like it! :)

Bad luck btw - i get feeling that it's more preset poor odds that causes havoc, perhaps different patterns used - some get a decent chance to score wins to keep overall appearance up while rest get another template that gives worse odds...hmm yes it's a bit of a conspiracy theory (a lot of theories goin on lol) ofc.

As for TL taking advantage of players that spend money by worsening their breeding chances to make them spend more gold instead - that sounds a bit too much imo, it sounds just too scrooge'ish to be true imo, even for s****ed goldtrappers like TL! :D

Edit: I really didn't say there exists an "elite" in DS - ppl in this game aren't really like that at all, and even if some "veterans" surely has an advantage from having many dragons it hasn't taken anyone up on high horse from what i've seen, instead the community is very familiar and helpful to each and everyone imo.

shield14
04-14-14, 01:43 PM
Edit: I really didn't say there exists an "elite" in DS - ppl in this game aren't really like that at all, and even if some "veterans" surely has an advantage from having many dragons it hasn't taken anyone up on high horse from what i've seen, instead the community is very familiar and helpful to each and everyone imo.

OK, that's clear
but where these "got this Dragon first try!" coming from? I have never get any Dragon "first try", neither on my Android account nor on iPad. And my neighbours with whom I am communicating never get anything either.
why many players are posting here that they are hatching the prize dragon 1-2 days after a tourney starts?

That is a randomness or a TL blessing, having a never ending luck?

Clark_Wayne
04-14-14, 03:04 PM
His design is cool but himself in the battles are …. xDD

The egg design refer to the movie "dreamcatcher", i think

MajicHearts
04-14-14, 05:44 PM
How many hours to hatch the egg?

Drachenia
04-14-14, 05:52 PM
How many hours to hatch the egg?

10 hours, Dreamcatcher is not to breed

MajicHearts
04-14-14, 05:55 PM
10 hours, Dreamcatcher is not to breed

Thanks!
I bought valu pak but forgot hatch time.

chalupa2030
04-14-14, 07:38 PM
His design is cool but himself in the battles are ?. xDD

Not so good, huh?

jus7_me89
04-15-14, 02:12 AM
releasing value packs with new dragons is a HUGE injustice made by TL. This is clearly just a BAD marketing move. Unfortunately there are lots of players who are going to fill their pockets buying this dragon. And why in the hell should i buy this? It does not produce gold, it is not a diamond hybrid nor a champion type, it's not a 3 color hybrid and it's not a dragon with a new design. It's just another dragon ! However, if TL starts releasing new dragons in value packs, it won't be fair for us, the players with a REAL life who are not going to spend loads of money on these pixels. Let's face it...it's just a phone/tablet app. I support TL almost every month buying gold ( max 500 ) but i will NEVER spend 15 euros on a lame dragon just because they want me to do it. Sorry but this is BAD marketing !

Lesimony
04-15-14, 05:40 AM
This dragon isn't the only Super Rare purple/yellow, Headless also has those stats. But if I understand the battle rules correctly even if they were Common they would still rank high in battles due to not being currently breedable. Just like the Rare and Super Rare Champion types all have the same % chance to win in the arena, because they all fall in the unbreedable category.

Personally, I am 'irritated' at how this dragon was released, but I'm not going to stress over it. I also won't buy it.

knj00
04-15-14, 06:00 AM
Well this dragon is leaving soon and I will not be getting it.

I'm all about supporting this company. I purchase gold weekly, a little more than I should but I do it because I choose to. I have the unfortunate "catch them all" mentality with this game. lol Besides that it keeps me interested most of the time and I adore my neighbors so why not support it if I can.

Then they come out with a purchase only coin giving dragon... (their company, their choice but still)... Really. o_o Bad move IMHO. The kicker is if it had been breedable I would have probably spent just as much money on gold trying to breed it. >_< lol The fact is though doing it this way takes the fun out of the game for me. I don't want to purchase a regular coin giving dragon just to add it to my collection. I would rather have the pain of trying to breed or win it.

This is just my opinion and I'm not saying those who purchased it should not have. I'm happy for you and maybe I will come look at it on your island. I'm just saying I'm very disappointed with TL's decision to take the game in this direction and any future dragons they do this with will unfortunately never be on my island. *sniff sniff* poor album will never be complete. ;)

MakJulos
04-15-14, 08:15 AM
This dragon isn't the only Super Rare purple/yellow, Headless also has those stats. But if I understand the battle rules correctly even if they were Common they would still rank high in battles due to not being currently breedable. Just like the Rare and Super Rare Champion types all have the same % chance to win in the arena, because they all fall in the unbreedable category.

Personally, I am 'irritated' at how this dragon was released, but I'm not going to stress over it. I also won't buy it.

Well, correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think i can buy or breed Headless (i'm on iOS) atm? So if i'm not mistaken Dreamcatcher is atm only option if i was panicing to have just that type of dragon - but i'm not panicing, i'm not much stressed up about it either, i just don't like that they put a unique (currently) color combo up for sale only even if i'm like you more irritated than actually upset about it. Not buying it either.

pinkprincess1313
04-16-14, 12:31 PM

Agree, I bought it...my choice and I think it's kinda cute..if you don't want to buy it, don't but why complain about it, it's just a game.

VenomDragon1
04-16-14, 05:38 PM

Agree, I bought it...my choice and I think it's kinda cute..if you don't want to buy it, don't but why complain about it, it's just a game.

People should be able to voice their opinion about this new feature so Teamlava has feedback from players.
They have a right to "complain" (let TL know their opinion) if they want.... just as you are complaining about their complaints.:rolleyes:

I disliked this new feature and hope they do not do it again. If they do though I will keep playing as usual just without the dragons released this way.:)

chalupa2030
04-16-14, 07:01 PM

Yeah it is ugly! And I have a personal connection to dreamcatcher and I really wanted it. Same with the Dawntree, as Dawn is my name, but it's ugly:(. I did get it. And the amber dragon ~ that's my daughters name! but I wish it was cuter!

Drachenia
04-17-14, 01:05 PM
I have my Dreamcatcher also purchased and I find it beautiful. What I do not find so beautiful is the face of Aries, he has a pig nose :rolleyes:

chalupa2030
04-17-14, 07:47 PM
It does have a pig nose! My friend pointed out one of the new dragons has a goats head. It does!

MakJulos
04-18-14, 12:39 AM
I have my Dreamcatcher also purchased and I find it beautiful. What I do not find so beautiful is the face of Aries, he has a pig nose :rolleyes:

Aww poor Aries...i bet his mama think that Aries piggy nose is as beautiful as can be though! :)

Drachenia
04-18-14, 10:13 AM
Aww poor Aries...i bet his mama think that Aries piggy nose is as beautiful as can be though! :)

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140418/ncto78v4.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)

Not not Aries mama.....weeps and is sad because their child has an ugly pig nose get has :(:(:(:(

toneyeltigre
04-18-14, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=buttabdullah99;884566]Why this new dragon is in value pack :(

Dreamcatcher is not a new dragon its expired. Just like the Dynasty in the new pack. looks like TL is releasing expired dragons so those who didnt get them can now.

pinkprincess1313
04-18-14, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE=buttabdullah99;884566]Why this new dragon is in value pack :(

Dreamcatcher is not a new dragon its expired. Just like the Dynasty in the new pack. looks like TL is releasing expired dragons so those who didnt get them can now.
I think your thinking of Dream dragon..Dreamcatcher is new.

toneyeltigre
04-20-14, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=toneyeltigre;888553]

you sure then they need to update 13149

toneyeltigre
04-20-14, 10:11 AM
[QUOTE=toneyeltigre;888553]

you sure then they need to update http://dragon-story.wikia.com/wiki/Dreamcatcher_Dragon

Drachenia
04-20-14, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=pinkprincess1313;888561]

you sure then they need to update 13149

He has now expired Dreamcatcher, he was to buy 4 days in the Value Pack and is now no longer have to buy and not to breed. It is a new dragon and not to be confused with Dream

http://s7.directupload.net/images/140421/ohlx3bie.jpg (http://www.directupload.net) :D