PDA

View Full Version : One line only showing up on wall messages

SpiritWind00
04-09-14, 10:54 PM
On my wall and when I visit others I'm only seeing one line of message instead of 2. I installed the upgrade earlier, so maybe this has something to do with it?

Is anyone else having this issue?

This has been fixed. Please update to 1.1.8 :)

TFTLK97
04-10-14, 04:51 AM
I am having this problem. I can only see half of each message...if it has two lines. I can only post one line per message. Many neighbors have listed on my wall that they have this same issue after downloading the update.
BTW-another neighbor on this thread observed that the top of emoji has always been cut off.

tcgms17
04-10-14, 04:52 AM
Yes, noticed that after installing the upgrade this morning.

kooky panda
04-10-14, 05:16 AM
What specific devices do you play on?

(moved thread to bug forum)

I have also reported this over.

TFTLK97
04-10-14, 05:28 AM

My device is IPAD 2. Using latest IOS update.

Apparently, my game isn't syncing the messages completely.

TFTLK97
04-10-14, 05:55 AM
A neighbor informed that they could read my 2 line posting on their wall before the Castle update. Now, they see only half of their two line messages on their wall. And they can only read half my wall as well. Messages Not syncing correctly. Yes, I attribute the problem to the Castle automatic update this morning. I had no problems before the update.

jaesha
04-10-14, 07:21 AM
I just noticed this as well. My ipad auto updates so looks like that's the cause as it wasn't happening last night.

Kooky I play on iPad Air, has latest iOS update. It's showing Castle Story v 1.1.7, updated on my device 4/10/14.

azure3
04-10-14, 07:23 AM
I'm playing on an iPad Air and have the same problem with messages since the latest update.

katbtodd
04-10-14, 07:47 AM
Yes same here since the bug fix up date

FlowerBurst
04-10-14, 08:12 AM

I am having the same issue, both sending and receiving, on my iPad Air.

Sonflower77
04-10-14, 11:09 AM
I am having the same issue, after installing the update today.
iPad2, Version 7.1, Castle Story 1.1.7

PikaSquirrel
04-10-14, 11:22 AM
We're looking into this. Thanks!

rar745
04-10-14, 12:32 PM
I also have had an iPad2-using neighbor of mine report this (One line only showing up on wall messages) to me.

Also, as of this current update, the little blue circles around selected text (in the wall post text box) are no longer selectable.
Trying to grab-and-drag them simply causes the cursor to exit the text box, with the keyboard disappearing, too.

And while I'm at it, the top 25% of the top line in all wall posts has been cut off for many months.
This makes many emoji unrecognizable, unless you happen to be familiar with them.

I am using an iPhone 5S. Both of us powered our iOS devices off and on. All issues were still present.

PikaSquirrel
04-10-14, 01:24 PM
Where do you see these "little blue circles around selected text" in the Wall page of your Kingdom Overview page? If you can, please send us a screenshot of this. Thanks.

SpiritWind00
04-10-14, 02:11 PM
Where do you see these "little blue circles around selected text" in the Wall page of your Kingdom Overview page? If you can, please send us a screenshot of this. Thanks.

The little blue circles would mean when you hold text to be able to copy and paste I guess.

I've an iPad mini and it was fine 2 seconds before I installed the update and then after the update, all mine and other walls only show 1 line of message. I usually post the new goal requirements on my wall... Can't now...

rar745
04-10-14, 02:55 PM
http://9to5mac.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/photo-10.png?w=145

https://discussions.apple.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-24430739-359906/ipad-cut-and-paste.jpg

Text Selection has been a common feature of iOS devices for FIVE years. Blue circles appear to the upper left and lower right corners of whatever text is selected. Currently, when I attempt to grab-and-drag those circles, any Castle Story text box is automatically deselected, as if I touched the screen outside of that text box.

Also, the top part of all emoji on the first line of ALL wall posts is removed. Many emoji require their edges (including the top one) to understand what character they are, and what they are supposed to convey. They are already small enough, and are wildly popular in Castle Story. The crippling of their usage is insultingly sloppy design.

The WALL may not be the cornerstone of the Castle Story revenue model for Storm8, but the WALL (and MARKET) is the backbone of the user experience. It's one thing to have users annoyed with design decisions that the programmers make. It is another thing entirely to neglect popular UI characteristics that are part of the core UX.

faifaerie
04-10-14, 06:55 PM
I'm having the same exact issues. My device is an iPad Mini.

SpiritWind00
04-10-14, 07:59 PM
Since I posted on my wall, a few others have said they are experiencing the same.

Any news on now much longer fixing this is going to take? Thanks!

jaesha
04-10-14, 10:30 PM
Just wondering if this will be fixed soon? Keeping convo to 2 lines is already hard, 1 line is impossible. :(

My editing functions still work in the game text boxes. IPad Air, latest iOS.

Thanks!

fish63
04-11-14, 05:36 AM
Add me to list! Farm Story is. Now 2 lines,but Castle is only about half of message! Sincestaying in touch with neighbors is half the fun, this is crazy! Can only guess at rest of message! I pad with new update!

rar745
04-11-14, 08:21 AM
I am mostly surprised that the Castle Story wall would be so OVERLOOKED by the TL staff as to have the limited-to-one-line wall posts even occur AT ALL.

Issues related to this atrocious one-line-only post error include:
-> adjusting the 2 text selection "blue circles" is impossible,
-> the top portion of all emoji symbols is truncated,
-> the kingdom names are much too low inside the Alerts on MainMenu>News(Messages)>Pending Gifts/Material Requests.

Some players (not I) are spending a lot of cash on this game. The experience they receive in exchange should at least look professional.

april963
04-11-14, 08:23 AM
Having the same problem. Ipad 4th generation. I noticed that it's not affecting my iPhone game, only my ipad.

CoalCountry
04-11-14, 05:47 PM
I just noticed the same thing with CS posts on my iPad. Even posts that had been on my wall for weeks were cut off to one line only. And all posts I make are cut to one line. I have the latest version of Castle Story and iPad upgrade.

ghjvcucjb
04-11-14, 09:54 PM
I updated yesterday and my messages still show up as two lines on my wall and all my neighbors' wall.

SpiritWind00
04-11-14, 09:57 PM
I've had many many friends with the same problem. Come on, it's been 2 days now... Why is this taking so long?

EBJW
04-11-14, 11:45 PM
Same problem overhere (Ipad air). On my wall all the second lines have disappeared, and on other people's walls too....

TFTLK97
04-12-14, 12:41 AM
This problem with the message board is widespread. Many neighbors have posted that they have this same, second line cut off issue. Our message boards are a critical component to the enjoyment of this game. I thought it would have been fixed by now. No one from the support team is giving us an update on when this problem will be resolved. It is frustrating not being able to read messages. Even old messages before the update were chopped up. I adore this game, but I will not pay another dime on CS until this is resolved.

rar745
04-12-14, 01:15 AM
ghjvcucjb, maybe you are using an iPhone or an iPod touch. It seems that the issue is limited to iPads.

SpiritWind00
04-12-14, 04:18 AM
And another problem is that the last word of posts seem to disappear also for some strange reason. It was definitely posted, but when you return home and go back (cause your having a conversation with a friend) to their wall, the last word drops off. Not all the time, but I find this happens a lot.

myfairlady11
04-12-14, 04:36 AM
I have this problem since yesterday. I am using iPad Air. It is frustrating not able to send or read a 2 line posts. I am surprised that this problem is not fixed yet. That's why I am here.

barbreal
04-12-14, 07:07 AM
I'm having the same issue...using an Ipad 2...problem started yesterday, so I guess it was after the auto-update...has a solution been found yet?

EBJW
04-12-14, 09:18 AM
And another problem is that the last word of posts seem to disappear also for some strange reason. It was definitely posted, but when you return home and go back (cause your having a conversation with a friend) to their wall, the last word drops off. Not all the time, but I find this happens a lot.

I noticed the same, ever since I started this game. In many messages last words disappear....

Bowerbirdie
04-12-14, 12:42 PM
Any update on this problem being fixed? Like many other players being able to talk with nbr's is a crucial part of my game enjoyment ��

FlowerBurst
04-12-14, 01:07 PM

I have noticed this too; however, if I allow a little extra time and scroll down and up again, it eventually appears--very annoying though!

parlski
04-12-14, 02:53 PM
is anyone not having this issue? I'm holding off on updating. btw, I have an iPad 3rd gen and I do spend ? on this game :)

FlowerBurst
04-12-14, 06:29 PM
Any update on this problem being fixed? Like many other players being able to talk with nbr's is a crucial part of my game enjoyment ��

I am wondering the same thing. Unfortunately, I was set up to receive automatic updates, but some of my iPad neighbors who were not automatically upgraded are holding off until this is resolved. I would love to be able to switch back to the previous version, if possible!

siljesilla
04-12-14, 06:38 PM
I have the same problem, I really hope this get fixed soon!

siljesilla
04-12-14, 06:47 PM
It's annoying when some other neighbours see 2 lines and I don't and they write two lines to me that I don't see, please fix this soon! :/

jaesha
04-12-14, 08:21 PM
I am wondering the same thing. Unfortunately, I was set up to receive automatic updates, but some of my iPad neighbors who were not automatically upgraded are holding off until this is resolved. I would love to be able to switch back to the previous version, if possible!

Yes that was the mistake I made too. I turned auto updates off. Back to manual downloads for me. I knew this would happen sooner rather than later, that is, getting an update that had a major issue. Wish we could control which apps could receive updates.

Tinks1950
04-12-14, 09:02 PM
Advise neighbors NOT to upgrade, especially iPad 1 users. My CS won't even load, I'm communicating with my granddaughter's iPad 2. send email to support@teamlava.com. They will ask for info & hopefully fix prob soon.

bogusiawieder
04-13-14, 01:33 AM
I have an iPad 3 and I don't have this problem so I guess the new update messed up old devices

EBJW
04-13-14, 02:35 AM
I have an iPad 3 and I don't have this problem so I guess the new update messed up old devices

No, Ipad air has the bug as well....

dalexxx
04-13-14, 11:11 AM
Im on ipad iar and having the same issue since friday, i wish i didnt update ::/

Any chance to roll back?

priscillasp
04-13-14, 11:12 AM
I play on an iPad 4 & I'm seeing the same thing. Only one line of a message.

FlowerBurst
04-13-14, 01:35 PM

Wow! You are very lucky that it did not affect your iPad 3! All other iPads have been affected, including versions newer than yours--iPad 4 and iPad Air. All the more reason why those of us who have been affected follow Tinks advice and email support@teamlava.com to provide them with our device information so they can hopefully narrow down the problem. Plus, you will then receive a ticket number for the incident.

If you contact them, besides explaining the problem, you should also provide your Storm8 ID.

jaesha
04-13-14, 07:11 PM
By reporting it here, it has technically and officially been reported to Team Lava. The only info I can provide is my device, game version and iOS version, which I've already posted, but happy to again. IPad Air, iOS version 7.1, Castle Story version 1.1.7. The issue occurred immediately after installing this update.

People posting on my wall has dramatically reduced as has my game play for the same reason. So it is affecting more than those few that have posted here. Many do not visit the forum and if they do they read and monitor issues, but do not post. I did that for months as it shows I joined in 10/2013, but I've been playing since 2/2013.

It's extremely irritating to be limited to one line and in most cases not even a complete sentence. Maybe this bug is the motivation I needed to stop playing CS. Conversing with neighbors has been the reason why I've kept playing as I've not been completely satisfied with the game lately.

Time for some sort of an update.

FlowerBurst
04-13-14, 09:20 PM
I agree that the purpose of Bugs & Issues on the Forum is to do just that--report bugs and issues, and I have no doubt that the support team is aware of the problems we are experiencing as a result of the latest update. I decided to submit the problem I am having directly to them to obtain a ticket # and receive a personal response. It also allows me to reference that ticket number if further communication is needed. It is often quite difficult to follow submissions on the Forum, and quite honestly, I just feel better contacting them directly. I know that the outcome will be the same for all of us, regardless of the method of contact we choose to use. Hopefully, this will be resolved very soon! Personally, I would welcome the option to download the previous version!

flisvos
04-13-14, 10:33 PM

I have an iPad 3 and am experiencing the problem with the cut off messages, so I think that you are an exception rather than the norm.

FlowerBurst
04-14-14, 07:16 AM
I wonder if some players even realize that they have a problem because the game allows you to type a message longer than two lines but only sends one line. The easiest way to test your system is to post to your own wall.

eddysma
04-14-14, 09:02 AM
I am so disappointed with this downgrade.... I am considering unloading the game.

TFTLK97
04-14-14, 09:19 AM
It was difficult enough condensing quotes into two lines of text. Now, being limited to one line per text, has made the game less enjoyable. On the flip side, the majority of the messages received from my friends are cut off in mid sentence. Needless to say, I have grown weary of asking them to re-post in single lines only. Please fix our message boards as soon as possible. By the way...if you are using an iPad, odds are good that you have this problem. If you don't, you probably didn't download the Castle Story update from the App Store. Don't do it, until they fix this problem. You will regret it.

Liloze
04-15-14, 07:11 AM
I play on ipad Air and same problem!

PikaSquirrel
04-15-14, 10:49 AM
This will be fixed in a future update!

jen7779
04-15-14, 12:44 PM
I am having a problem with posts, also. On my wall and those of people I visit.
I can only see one line of the post. This problem leads to having to post numerous lines to leave messages.
Thus filling our walls quickly, and the deletion of previous posts.
This problem has occurred since the update.
I hope this issue can be resolved quickly.

rar745
04-15-14, 12:57 PM
us: Help! My left turn signal doesn't work! Half of the way I communicate to other drivers is missing!

them: We're looking into this. Thanks!

them: This will be fixed in a future update! (The next time you stop by because of engine trouble, we'll fix your turn signal then.
No need to visit an auto mechanic for merely a turn signal issue. It's just a pretty light - not that important to everyday life.)

us: Great! I will patiently use only my right turn signal for the next 4 months. Thank you!

(In the past 18 months, updates have occurred every 4 months on average.)

us: Help! Whenever I speak, the second part of my sentence has no sound! Half of the way I communicate to other people is missing!

them: We're looking into this. Thanks!

them: This will be fixed in a future update! (The next time you stop by for surgery, we'll fix your speech problem then.
No need to visit a hospital for merely an issue with your voice. They're just words - not that important to everyday life.)

us: Great! I will patiently use only the first half of my thoughts for the next 4 months. Thank you!

SpiritWind00
04-15-14, 04:30 PM

Exactly what is being 'fixed' in a future update? The wall issue, the crashing issue, the flip/tilt issue.... This is unacceptable to expect us to wait months or even weeks for this issue of wall posts to be fixed. As previous posts have said, and I will say it again as i am greatly affected, the wall is a lifeline to those of us who find the social side of this game more rewarding than crafting sugar over and over. The wall is what keeps us coming back... Don't fool yourselves this is not the case.

This brush off is condescending and demeaning to the thousands of players who enjoy this game and look forward to waking up each day to see what achievements can be made. I am very angry and ask you fix the wall issue again as a matter of urgency and priority. Put us first!!!!!

PikaSquirrel
04-15-14, 05:21 PM
In this thread, we are discussing the issue with the words being cut off in the comment section. This will be fixed in the next update.

The issue with the game loading upside down is already fixed in the most recent update :)

FlowerBurst
04-15-14, 06:52 PM
Am I correct to assume that the new update will be released as soon as THIS problem has been resolved?

⏩ I had submitted the problem to Storm8 Support and just received a reply. I was told that their engineers are currently working on it in order to resolve it as soon as possible and to look for future updates to correct the problem.

Obviously, the update might take some time to resolve. It may not be possible, but I would welcome the opportunity to download the previous version 1.1.6!

⏩I received a response regarding the availability of the previous version and was told it is not available for all players. It sounds like we will have to continue to live with the problem until the update is released.

psychgirl777
04-15-14, 09:51 PM
Thank you for confirming the inability to post more than one line at a time on the wall is a universal problem for iPad users. It is extremely frustrating!!! I was going to try to update in hopes it might eliminate the problem. After ready your post, I see that isn't the answer.....thank you for the warning.

Queenzod
04-16-14, 07:23 AM
I am finding the truncated lines annoying as well. In order to post anything of value, you have to make 4-5 different posts! Is this really so hard to fix? I do hope it won't take months...

infinitelove19
04-18-14, 01:10 PM

Good to hear! Can you maybe edit a post in the first page to let ppl know?
I have noticed this on my game, too. I play on an iPad mini, though not sure the type of device matters.

islandtyme
04-18-14, 06:43 PM
I am seeing only one line on posts, and can read only one line on posts. Ipad 2. Up to date with latest updates. This is fairly recent last 2-3 weeks.

islandtyme
04-19-14, 05:35 PM
I sent note with pictures to TL. They are looking into it. Looks like quite a few people are having the same issue.

dragontree13
04-21-14, 10:39 AM
Anyone kno why I only see one line of text on my wall? I have a iPad and game version is 1.1.7 my neighbors have it too, others don't! Any ideas??

bogusiawieder
04-21-14, 10:52 AM
The new version screwed up and that's what happened.
Others don't have this problem cause they don't have the new update,instead of an upgrade it's a downgrade.

meme1098
04-21-14, 11:00 AM
This was a problem in one of TLs other games a year or so ago. Same person coding it wrong probably. Don't know if they ever fixed it then since I abandoned that game after a few months.

PikaSquirrel
04-21-14, 11:19 AM
This will be fixed in a future update! We'll let you know once it has been fixed.

dragontree13
04-22-14, 08:54 AM
Thanks for replying! Ok il will! Have a awsome day!��

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-22-14, 10:43 AM
And this is why I'm not downloading the 1.1.7 update.

bogusiawieder
04-22-14, 11:32 AM
And this is why I'm not downloading the 1.1.7 update.

Mine downloaded itself( new iOS version) lol

PikaSquirrel
04-25-14, 05:06 PM
This issue with the messages has been fixed. Please update to 1.1.8 :)

SpiritWind00
04-25-14, 05:17 PM

I have tested this and the second line is now confirmed as being back... Thank you very much... Gotta fly, have a million messages to write! ������. You do need to instal the update.

Pika, was any other bug issues fixed with this mini update?? All over lots of threads there seem to be reports of pesky bugs.

SpiritWind00
04-25-14, 06:06 PM

The last word of messages are still disappearing when you return to a wall where you have left a message. Please add this to to list of unresolved issues if it's not there already. Thanks!

DrP4ever
04-25-14, 06:49 PM
I updated and it fixed it for me. Thanks! Another question, how do people write with fun emoticons, pictures etc. I use an ipad and don't see the option anywhere when writing messages on people's walls.

roguebee
04-25-14, 07:13 PM
You need to install the app Emoji Free

meme1098
04-25-14, 07:18 PM
I updated and it fixed it for me. Thanks! Another question, how do people write with fun emoticons, pictures etc. I use an ipad and don't see the option anywhere when writing messages on people's walls.

You need to install the app *Emoji Free

You don't need to install an app it's already on IOS. Just go to settings, keyboard, keyboards, add a keyboard and select emoji. Now when you open your keyboard you can switch between the QWERTY keyboard and emoji by using the little globe in the lower left between the microphone and the number tabs.

Enjoy.

FlowerBurst
04-25-14, 08:38 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! What a wonderful feeling it is to be able to write two lines again!!!!

FlowerBurst
04-25-14, 08:56 PM
The last word of messages are still disappearing when you return to a wall where you have left a message. Please add this to to list of unresolved issues if it's not there already. Thanks!

I noticed this when I returned to view one of my messages, but when I scrolled down and back up again, the entire message was there. It seemed to require more loading time.

Castloninian
04-25-14, 10:47 PM

Woohoo! I wish I'd seen it before I spammed one of my neighbour's walls with like 20 posts today... could have been only 10 ��

Bowerbirdie
04-26-14, 04:00 AM
Thankyou..thankyou:) so pleased this was resolved relatively quickly...now I'm off to catchup with my nbrs��

mnjcafe
04-26-14, 05:24 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAY! Thanks TeamLava for getting this fixed!

jaybay1147
04-26-14, 12:54 PM
Just fixed earlier. :)

DrP4ever
04-27-14, 04:42 AM
You don't need to install an app it's already on IOS. Just go to settings, keyboard, keyboards, add a keyboard and select emoji. Now when you open your keyboard you can switch between the QWERTY keyboard and emoji by using the little globe in the lower left between the microphone and the number tabs.

Enjoy.

Thank you, I now have the fun keyboard that I never knew existed!  I don't have all the fun things others have but I guess you need an app and I don't understand how to use it.  But I have these fun things to play with now and it makes me happy!!! I thought it was something to do with the game that I hadn't found yet. Thanks again!!!

EDIT:just found out that there are multiple pages of things to click on when I accidentally slid my finger on the keyboard, much more fun things to play with!! ��

meme1098
04-27-14, 06:53 AM
Many, many useless ones though, too. But glad you're able to do the emoji now. Each category has several pages. The dots above the pics show how many pages and the first page are your most recent ones.
The other weird, unreadable, curly que fonts are some kind of app or android thing.

IgnatzBrick
04-30-14, 12:24 PM
Hi there! It seems that updates usually take care of themselves on my I-pad mini. But for whatever reason this 1-line thing has not fixed itself. I've updated my Mini with the latest Apple update offered (7.1.1) . I've then shut the Mini down completely and restarted it. The 1 line glitch lives on for me.

Can someone tell me how to manually accomplish Castle Story's 1.1.8 upgrade? I can't seem to figure this out. Thanks so much!

IgnatzBrick
04-30-14, 12:40 PM
Hold the phone! Just found this thread "Castle Story Update: 1.1.8" :rolleyes: Update is happening as I type! Yay!

jennshrp
05-26-14, 09:39 AM
If u scroll up or down past a message (so that u can't see it anymore) & then scroll to it again, the rest of the missing message in question appears. Weird.