PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Poll and Suggestion Thread - 6th April 2014

maguar
04-06-14, 03:43 AM
Vote for the items you'd like to see in your kingdom. You can vote for multiple items but you can only vote once.

Is there an item/building or decoration missing? Add your suggestion here. It might be included in the next poll in two weeks time. If you see a suggestion that someone else has made add your support to increase its chances of being in the poll.

If you've got a gameplay suggestion you can also add it here. Please note that these will not be included in a poll but they do get read.

You can also add your opinion in the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39218-Can-only-send-3-different-gifts-per-day&p=446227&viewfull=1#post446227) requesting more gift options or this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39358-Missing-Gem-anyone&p=447855&viewfull=1#post447855) on gem confirmations.

onemansmiracle
04-06-14, 04:38 AM
Construction camp yes! free items drop i hope

ciarjen
04-06-14, 04:47 AM
I would love to see a peacock strutting around my Kingdom :):) Or how about an eagle sitting a perch who could be sent off on adventures of his own to retrieve some goodies.

Some more birds in the kingdom, perhaps an aviary.

I'm not interested in decorations from adventures as I usually put them in storage anyway. Flowers for decoration would be nice but ones without watering cans hovering over them.

Some water for decor like the royal path so you can make moats or lakes and a bridge to go with it :)

pixieblob
04-06-14, 04:55 AM
Definitely construction camp and decoration exchange. Most of my adventure boxes have been decs that I don't ever display

shambalaya
04-06-14, 05:19 AM
I'd love to exchange some of those overgrown benches!

ConnectFire611
04-06-14, 05:39 AM
I would really like something that can help me manage my Stones as I usually have 99 of them and Fancy Blocks and getting well on my way with the other stone items so it ties up my Workshops and Tinker Camp. Can you please make more crafting jobs in the other buildings or make a Pawn Shop building where we can sell our abundance of items or a Royal Exchange.

MBRBTBRB
04-06-14, 06:04 AM
Horse! Thurston needs a horse to ride. What use is a knight in shining armour without a trusty steed?

HistoryGirl7
04-06-14, 06:14 AM
The ability to turn off the watering can above flowers....or any item...the ability to switch on and off "ready" indicators.

gigglygoo
04-06-14, 08:39 AM
I love your idea about the eagle adventures!

I would love to see a peacock strutting around my Kingdom :):) Or how about an eagle sitting a perch who could be sent off on adventures of his own to retrieve some goodies.

Some more birds in the kingdom, perhaps an aviary.

I'm not interested in decorations from adventures as I usually put them in storage anyway. Flowers for decoration would be nice but ones without watering cans hovering over them.

Some water for decor like the royal path so you can make moats or lakes and a bridge to go with it :)

arikasi
04-06-14, 09:27 AM
Reposting my previous idea that there be a bigger difference in drops between the types of cow and what they drop, i.e. 1,2 or 3 milk as per normal white and royal pigs or increase chance of hide that it noticeable etc.

It would be nice if gem bought cows dropped more than one milk.

My vote goes to the Bakery. Anything that takes a load off the kitchen or helps out with food...

Maybe feed the Baron could be a royal exchange, with ticket, instead of a kitchen exchange.

celphyn
04-06-14, 10:13 AM
There is already a lot of decorations but we don't use them because there is no space in the kingdom.
Construction camp is not bad.
Artisan Exchange, a way to get rid of the overgrown benches and others decorations we don't need.
A wood elf who drops living woods !
The bakery as the third kitchen.
Monster repellant... =/
Centaur, a new resident of the kingdom ? Welcome !
News flowers, new things to craft ! Not interested.

New exchanges will be good !
An update for the storage !!!!
And, it would be not bad if we can store the rocks and trees.
A way to exchange limited items with the others players (ex : 10 sap for 10 apples)
Dropped items from Sabina's house and Tavern (I sometimes store them because there is not much money drop and no dropped items)

jim23cash
04-06-14, 11:07 AM
Reposting my previous idea that there be a bigger difference in drops between the types of cow and what they drop, i.e. 1,2 or 3 milk as per normal white and royal pigs or increase chance of hide that it noticeable etc.

My vote goes to the Bakery. Anything that takes a load off the kitchen or helps out with food...

Maybe feed the Baron could be a royal exchange, with ticket, instead of a kitchen exchange.

I know that moving "Feed the Baron" to the exchange has been asked for numerous times, and I want to add my support to that again. I NEVER do that, because it uses my kitchen, and gives me one tiny random thing like a stone block. I can make that faster in my workshop, it doesn't tie up my kitchen, and it doesn't use up lots of rare items for one really common item in return. Unless it starts giving better results,(like one of the box items from adventure) I think it should be re-written to match other exchanges, with a more rewarding outcome, AND moved to the exchange!
The kitchen is way overworked already, I keep it going constantly to feed my knights so they can adventure daily!
The Bakery would be a great way to take some of the load off the kitchen! Especially if the sweet feast gets moved there.
Anything that regularly drops flour would be awesome as well! And having chocolate as a rare drop would be great also.
Maybe the Baron exchange could give an assortment of items, including chocolate bars, bags of flour and other random food items.
Thanks for all the work that goes into details. Love that you make the items and decor so beautiful!

jptheripper
04-06-14, 12:03 PM
moving the baron to the exchange is #1

rabsos
04-06-14, 12:04 PM
I still want a white tree for decorations, if TL can hear me. But a bakery as a third kitchen is note a bad idea! :)

rabsos
04-06-14, 12:04 PM
moving the baron to the exchange is #1

I second or third this idea!

ShibuyaCloth
04-06-14, 12:22 PM
I voted for a "Bakery". As mentioned last month I would like to see a bakery with a specific subset of the kitchen:

+ Flour
+ Sugar
+ Bread
+ Syrup
+ Ice Cream
+ Chocolate
+ Royal Sundae
+ Sweet Feast
+ Cake
+ Lemonade
+ Orange Cobbler
+ Apple Pie
+ Breakfast Buffet

On top of that it would be cool if we could make bulk production. Like 5 in one shot but with the equivalent amount of ingredients. Eventually with a small time discount like 5 items for the equivalent of 4. Thus a 5 flour would take 25 wheat but done in 2 hours instead of 2 1/2 hours.

Mylly2
04-06-14, 03:31 PM
There are some great ideas today.
An eagle heading off on adventures would be fun and moving the Baron over to the exchange would be good for gameplay.
A wood elf dropping living wood, yes!

noahszoo1
04-06-14, 04:01 PM
I love the ideas of a peacock ( tied into a storyline/quest) & a pawn shop would
be fabulous, as there will never be large enough expansions
to get everything that I have in storage!

auntpammy1956
04-06-14, 08:15 PM
I would like to see the list of gifts we send our neighbors to be expanded. So many of the items I'm currently getting, I'm already full of. I have to make stuff I don't need, just to free up some items for my neighbors to send me. The list of available gifts is much smaller in Castle Story, then in any of my other Story games.

brenstal
04-06-14, 10:42 PM
By far, my favorite thing here would be a bakery. My poor kitchens get so overworked.

rosym47
04-07-14, 12:07 AM
Bakery please preferably wood fired. We could make pizza and Ivy's skunkupie, perhaps even rock cakes for the trolls. I also like the idea of using and exchange for decorations but use things like overgrown benches that could be turned into wood fuel for the bakery. I would also like to build my own walls with rock, glue and jewels.

shawa13
04-07-14, 04:10 AM
More kitchen ability. Even if a bakery just to make flour and bread.

berrigan17
04-07-14, 05:09 AM
I'd like an easy way to see numbers of items in my inventory so I could work out what to plant/make next. Much as we can see our stock levels before creating a recipe. For eg. if I'm looking through crop options before planting and see I only have 8 chilli plants I would put some in. Likewise if I'm up to 85 royal blocks but only have 8 enchanted blocks, I'd make an enchanted block. I find the inventory itself a bit unwieldy now I have so many things. Hope that makes sense.

zoo123g
04-07-14, 05:45 AM
bakery sounds good :)

SpiritWind00
04-07-14, 08:50 PM
This looks like a great list of new things to consider. I will have the lot please and yes I'll have fries with that!

m1stery
04-08-14, 09:47 AM
moving the baron to the Royal exchange is #1

I completely agree with this! This has been said multiple times, I hope TL finally listens to us!!

Another thing I would like to see is that we can listen to our music/iPod while we are playing the game. Right now whenever I turn on the game, it shuts off my music, and I simply can't understand why?!?? :confused:

arikasi
04-08-14, 03:55 PM
Another thing I would like to see is that we can listen to our music/iPod while we are playing the game. Right now whenever I turn on the game, it shuts off my music, and I simply can't understand why?!?? :confused:

Yes! this annoys me too.

DeeDeeBird70
04-08-14, 09:37 PM
A Bakery would be great. There are too many things that need cooking for just two kitchens.

Please move "Feed the Baron" to the exchange. Those prime cuts and truffles deserve a trade ticket, not just the random stuff the Baron deems to drop.

We need a better way to keep track of what is in storage, I now have 78 pages to scroll through. Dividing the items into categories, like buildings are now, would really help. Crops and cooked food, building materials, quest supplies, and special stuff and rewards like the badges and knowledge shards.

I've been playing for over a year and still look forward to playing. Except for Dragon Story, I've grown tired of the other games. The various evolving story lines keep it fresh. Keep up the good work!

PricelessShell
04-08-14, 10:04 PM
Great suggestion 😃😉☺️

EllieTheBeeEater
04-10-14, 12:11 AM
My favourite on the list is a construction camp

However I also would love to have a peacock. It could drop feathers that we could use to craft lovely things like costumes for the residents, banners etc :)

Queenzod
04-10-14, 12:37 AM
The only reason I would be interested in the construction camp is if there was also some way to get rid of excess beams and blocks. I'm full on most of them, so I have no way of using up stone. I'm rapidly catching up with the glues as well. To have another building that gives these things would be agony! Agony, I say!

Bakery would be good!

bestmenolly
04-10-14, 08:46 AM
A Bakery would be great. There are too many things that need cooking for just two kitchens.

Please move "Feed the Baron" to the exchange. Those prime cuts and truffles deserve a trade ticket, not just the random stuff the Baron deems to drop.

We need a better way to keep track of what is in storage, I now have 78 pages to scroll through. Dividing the items into categories, like buildings are now, would really help. Crops and cooked food, building materials, quest supplies, and special stuff and rewards like the badges and knowledge shards.

I've been playing for over a year and still look forward to playing. Except for Dragon Story, I've grown tired of the other games. The various evolving story lines keep it fresh. Keep up the good work!

I agree with a better way to keep track of storage. And a bakery is great and/or a third kitchen...

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-10-14, 08:51 AM
Awesome to see several of my previous suggestions in the poll! :)

I want everything listed but the monster repellent lol

cowsonlake
04-10-14, 09:16 AM
why no dogs or cats??

cowsonlake
04-10-14, 09:17 AM
yup yup yup. bestmenolly got good ideas:o

dolla525
04-10-14, 11:17 AM
How abt some horses??��

8theSniper
04-10-14, 12:28 PM
If the Artisan trade could also accept all those items from the past timed quests it would be awesome (I forgot the names of those things but I mean those sticks and tiles from the inn among other things).

aelam101
04-10-14, 12:43 PM
This may be wishful thinking, you know logistics and blah blah blah... but how about being able to expand to the surrounding water? Build a canoe/ship to a small island, etc. The possibilities are endless...endless I SAY!

littlebridge
04-11-14, 06:35 AM
I totally agree with you connectfire611. I am completely maxed out on stone and fancy blocks to the point that I either can't collect from any mine or I do so at a loss. Can we find a way to use some of this stone? Build a building or statue from scratch maybe? Thanks!! :)
Also love love the idea of decoration exchange!

calipitter
04-12-14, 04:53 AM
Anything that will help improve the inventory would be great! Even the ability to see two rows so you are seeing six items at a time instead of three would be helpful, but the best help would be if we could see how many items we have when planting or starting to craft an item. Like someone else said if I clicked on a farm plot and notice only a few of an item I would plant that. Likewise, if I was to craft an item an clicked on say the potion shop and noticed that I was low on an item I would craft that. Another alternative would be to have the flowerpots above items that we have less than fifty of be floating in a different color. For example, if I had less than fifty mushrooms, maybe the flower pots hovering over mushroom rings would be orange and I would know to click them to increase my inventory.

Zummat
04-12-14, 06:15 AM
This may be wishful thinking, you know logistics and blah blah blah... but how about being able to expand to the surrounding water? Build a canoe/ship to a small island, etc. The possibilities are endless...endless I SAY!

I'm all for this. We could use all the stone and wood and build a dock for the boat. I'm hoping Mermaid Pond will come into play for other than getting the same stuff we get out of the ponds and wells. Expand to the shore, build the dock, build the boat, save a Mermaid. That's what I love about this game - the endless possibilities as you say! :)

I would like to be able to build a wood fence to corral my animals or fence in the garden. Would break up the use of all the solid walls.

fuzzyelfone
04-12-14, 08:44 AM
it would be really nice if we had the option to choose which form of upgrade is displayed. for example, I really liked the look if the maze garden prior to the final upgrade....it would allow players to have a more customized kingdom. also, somewhere way back when, I stopped getting ANY fortunes....please please please give us the fortune tracker...and an updated list of the fortunes in order.

maguar
04-12-14, 02:59 PM
it would be really nice if we had the option to choose which form of upgrade is displayed. for example, I really liked the look if the maze garden prior to the final upgrade....it would allow players to have a more customized kingdom. also, somewhere way back when, I stopped getting ANY fortunes....please please please give us the fortune tracker...and an updated list of the fortunes in order.

The active fortunes now display in the quest book. If you don't see any it means you've done all the current ones. TL has said that more fortunes will be coming :)

EBJW
04-13-14, 12:13 AM
A centaur! A wood elf! I like!
But above else I prefer to exchange the decorations I have plenty of....! No use selling them, because I have more then enough coins already, and everytime I get a nice box from the adventure there's a little disappointment when another bench or anvil pops out instead of something I don't have yet.

And YES, rearranging the inventory would be s? very nice....! 76 pages to go through, every time, it's.... :confused: and frustrating....

Liloze
04-14-14, 11:19 AM
I would like The new Fish Market to drop Finished cooked meals ( Fish being an ingredient of course) not only a couple of different Fish!
For 150 gems I thought the Fish Market should drop ( even if rare drops) Meals with Fish ingredients!
if not, well Stupid me ! I bought the Fish Market for 150 gems while I could easily get those fishies from my ponds!
I feel so stupid right now lol.

Zummat
04-14-14, 05:24 PM
Once you get to a certain level I would like to get an expansion permit as reward from one of the quests every so often. Or as someone else suggested on another post a random drop upon completion of the Feed the Barron. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-14-14, 08:38 PM
I would like The new Fish Market to drop Finished cooked meals ( Fish being an ingredient of course) not only a couple of different Fish!
For 150 gems I thought the Fish Market should drop ( even if rare drops) Meals with Fish ingredients!
if not, well Stupid me ! I bought the Fish Market for 150 gems while I could easily get those fishies from my ponds!
I feel so stupid right now lol.

It does! ...In addition to fish, I've also gotten a baked fish and a catfish soup...just keep collecting, they're rare but they do come :)

dracoonic
04-14-14, 10:32 PM
I remember there was a poll on 3rd Kitchen, I so want that!

nickelbacker
04-14-14, 11:19 PM
It would be nice to get rid of excess decorations! And would rather pay for things with $$$ than gems!

nickelbacker
04-14-14, 11:24 PM
Also any chance of an android version? I've got a Samsung tab and wish I didn't have to pay on my iphone! Would also like to be able to transfer my existing Kingdom to the tablet!

Liloze
04-15-14, 07:09 AM
It does! ...In addition to fish, I've also gotten a baked fish and a catfish soup...just keep collecting, they're rare but they do come :)

That is good news , Thank you :D :)

AuntyRose32
04-15-14, 07:26 AM
An artisan exchange would be great! I'd love to see some daffodils and a peacock. A bakery and as a previous poster mentioned a third kitchen would be greatly welcomed. I like the idea of having some fences to use for penning in the animals, as suggested by a previous poster also.

bottledH20
04-20-14, 09:49 PM
Mithril Dragon craftable via 2 dragon eggs + 2 burning embers? 8)

I'll add my voice to those wanting the Baron moved to the exchange, the inventory more organized, and some load taken off the kitchens (whether via Bakery, a third kitchen, or some other mechanism).

LadyLolepere
04-21-14, 10:22 AM
A PAWN SHOP! What a great idea. We could take everything in...all of the benches, scare crows, etc. HOW about allowing us to take in extra baked goods, milk, eggs, etc?

mreames
04-21-14, 01:42 PM
As far as gameplay suggestions, I'd love to see current inventory of crops show next to each crop in the "Plant" menu for the farms. It's really a nightmare to go through the inventory to try to figure out what needs to be planted.

gilachaya
04-22-14, 03:02 AM
I would love to have a live wood tree! Also if you could either have a feature where we could slow down the display if what is being dropped from adventures exchanges and buildings (or if you could slow it down for us) that would be great. Thanks!

gilachaya
04-22-14, 03:08 AM
As far as gameplay suggestions, I'd love to see current inventory of crops show next to each crop in the "Plant" menu for the farms. It's really a nightmare to go through the inventory to try to figure out what needs to be planted.

I agree! That would be really helpful!

misslsp1984
04-22-14, 03:39 AM
Sorry to barge in bit new to forum posting and unsure how to make a new thread but please please please would people (active players) add me in castle story sick of people adding and then just not playing at all or returning gifts etc storm if misslsp1984
Thanks guys and girls x

maguar
04-22-14, 04:40 AM
Sorry to barge in bit new to forum posting and unsure how to make a new thread but please please please would people (active players) add me in castle story sick of people adding and then just not playing at all or returning gifts etc storm if misslsp1984
Thanks guys and girls x

You don't have to start a new thread. You can join the current add me thread here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?67083-Castle-Story-April-2014). Just in case your not aware people can only send three gifts a day so you won't get them from all your neighbours.

55lee55
04-22-14, 01:27 PM
I would like to see some wardrobe changes for our avatars. I have a fully mature Kingdom and I am still looking harried in the same red stretch pants that I wore when I had two farmhouses and a cow!

It may be a programming impossibility but if possible can we get an updated look if we want, possibly as either a purchase or maybe a gold crown at least if we reach the highest level? Nearly every character is better dressed than the ruler of the kingdom and as ruler I have helped clothe many inhabitants. How about some regal raiments for rulers?

I agree with what bottledH2O had to say, every bit of it ;-)

I would also like to see an opt out of the lopsided gifting program. I rapidly became bogged down with the paperwork of keeping track of many more gifts a day than I was able to return at the 3/day and I am still backlogged over two years out since I quit sending or accepting gifts and am working to clear prior gifts received. I still send Material Requests promptly. I believe an opt out would prevent people asking to add me then demanding gifts immediately. Some people play that way and it is a good game strategy when they play with a group of like minded players. The player above was such a player they should not need to add me to discover that I will not be sending them daily gifts. I would like to allow those who strategize around the gifting part of the game be able to tell right away that my strategy doesn't include gifting and they can choose up front not to add me rather than getting angry about having to get in a line several years out before they can expect a single gift from me. Maybe make the Kingdom name a different color if a ruler chooses to opt out of the gifting? This would assist a gift based player to choose who they wish to add. There should be still the ability to gift, but it would make it more peaceful for everyone if a player could tell up front if the people they are adding are willing and able to return gifts. Maybe add another notation to allow a player to ascertain which neighbors promptly return Material Requests so they don't have to wait three days to collect 15 Hedge Trimmers, then end up with 107 Hedge Trimmers in inventory two weeks after the quest is long completed? These suggestions are offered to allow players to easier control their lists of neighbors so as to match their needs and playing styles. Thanks!

Castle Story stands out from similar games both in the friendliness and good spirit of the players it draws and in an outstanding story line, extraordinary artistic effects, and attention to detail by it's creators! If there is an award for such things Castle Story most certainly should stand out as Number One! Thanks TL for continuing to make this the favorite game of so many!

I think that TL's willingness to listen to the suggestions of players adds to the continued popularity of this wonderful game!
Thanks!

roguebee
04-22-14, 05:30 PM
At least I can pretend I'm wearing blue jeans...

drzombiecakes
04-22-14, 05:34 PM
Definitely need another crafting building for food.

Centaur vs wood elf would be a good addition.

Gem bought cows should drop more than one milk on average

Move feed the Baron could to the royal exchange.

I like the eagle idea as well that was posted earlier.

my607
04-22-14, 08:22 PM
I would luv to get rid of my over grown benches , scarecrow and all of those decorations.

dubbleyooteeyef
04-22-14, 10:36 PM

Yes, yes, and yes.
Every Resource should show how many you have currently from the menu that creates it.
This is basic game design.
Oh yeah I forgot, it's TL

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/spakbucket/res.jpg

PJColley
04-23-14, 05:58 AM

Great ideas!

meme1098
04-23-14, 06:57 AM
I never could understand why inventory numbers weren't linked with the item. Yea, your last sentence.

Yes, yes, and yes.
Every Resource should show how many you have currently from the menu that creates it.
This is basic game design.
Oh yeah I forgot, it's TL

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/spakbucket/res.jpg

pixieblob
04-23-14, 10:44 AM
Perhaps the Maple Tree could drop living wood as well as sap and syrup?

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-23-14, 03:39 PM
Like all buildings and most trees & decorations, I would reeeeeeeeeeeeeally like the ability to turn my animals in more than just 2 positions!
i.e. Wouldn't it be great if they could face all 4 directions, like most other stuff can face?

freesiawoods
04-23-14, 08:21 PM
Was a bit disappointed that there was no Easter egg hunt, unlike other games. But remembering the rainbow pots and how exhausting though fun it was, I'm actually glad:D

babman
04-23-14, 11:47 PM
U forgot the option for more space. My village is crowded. And why cant i make as many Unicorn statues as i like? 40 is no enough! :( What shall i now do with all my recorces?

55lee55
04-24-14, 01:43 AM
I second NorthWoodsKingdom's idea about allowing animals to face in all four directions as all other assets are able to do! Great suggestion!

PJColley
04-24-14, 04:54 AM
By far, my favorite thing here would be a bakery. My poor kitchens get so overworked.

AGREE!! Please add an additional building for cooking.

PJColley
04-24-14, 04:59 AM
I have seen only one other person mention this idea, but I think it should be added to CS: The ability to store all types of rocks, trees, and other useful things found in the areas we clear. They are all useful, so it's wasteful to just get rid of them. But I desperately need the extra space being used up by these items!

moon331
04-24-14, 09:22 AM
AGREE!! Please add an additional building for cooking.
Yes. Need one more kitchen!!!

zarias2013
04-24-14, 10:45 AM
I think living wood should be added to the free gifts or make it easier to come by. It's the one thing I can never get enough of and it's one of the things I need the most lol

letf8b
04-24-14, 10:58 AM
I think that it would be nice to be able to gift your friends stuff from your inventory like it if you have manticore wiskers or mitheral that you could gift it to a friend. It would come out of your inventory. I would love to see that. We also definitely need another source for boar drops magic,pelt,tusk. The boats are very stingy with these drops and how can you do the Adventure To get pelts if u don't get the drops? But congrats on updates everything is great these r just extra suggestions as u asked for.

zarias2013
04-24-14, 11:22 AM
I was just talking to someone about alicorns and how you can only create them if you have a love shack. You can still get the wings and horns from adventures (even if they are rare) but players from the past twelve months or whatever can't. So what about another building that is exclusive to creating animals. We could create alicorns (if we get the right things from adventures) and even boars or the eagle and peacock. Things like that. That way we can create animals we need using ingredients instead of gems - which would be great for those of us that can't afford to pay with real cash.

maguar
04-24-14, 04:54 PM
Thanks again for the great suggestions. You'll see the new thread here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?67978-Castle-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-25-April-2014)