View Full Version : Bundle worth it?

forkyfork99
04-04-14, 07:34 AM
The game is currently offering for me as a new player a bundle that includes:

150,000 coins
15 wisp lanterns
50 trade tickets

All for $9.99 (retail 49.99 apparently)

Do you think this bundle is a good value? I'm surprised there are no gem offers in it. Should I hold out for something better? The trade tickets seem nice as I'm working toward the tinker camp. The wisp lanterns are meh since I have some several already. The coins would be very nice as I'm always low on cash.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 08:42 AM
That's really a personal call, sweetie.
Gem sales come up from time to time as well, but not usually at the same time as value packs are offered.
I got the same deal ...and went for it, lol.
The coins helped me get the cathedral and the lanterns helped me open up a new plot.
Those tickets are in the Exchange getting me an expansion permit for later (don't need them yet & already have chateau & tinker camp - the latter is a MUST, as we've discussed elsewhere).

So, I guess it really boils down to your wallet lol ;)

Ps I've been playing since January & this is the first time I've seen this value pack (there have been others as well, from time to time).

forkyfork99
04-04-14, 09:21 AM
That's really a personal call, sweetie.
Gem sales come up from time to time as well, but not usually at the same time as value packs are offered.
I got the same deal ...and went for it, lol.
The coins helped me get the cathedral and the lanterns helped me open up a new plot.
Those tickets are in the Exchange getting me an expansion permit for later (don't need them yet & already have chateau & tinker camp - the latter is a MUST, as we've discussed elsewhere).

So, I guess it really boils down to your wallet lol ;)

Ps I've been playing since January & this is the first time I've seen this value pack (there have been others as well, from time to time).

Okay I guess I was wondering how likely they pop up. I used to see the gem sales all the time. But since I bought gems they stopped.

I'm surprised you got offered a value pack as a "member". But hey, take it, right? You think it's coincidence that it's around the same time they released new expasions?

ciarjen
04-04-14, 09:28 AM
Okay I guess I was wondering how likely they pop up. I used to see the gem sales all the time. But since I bought gems they stopped.

I'm surprised you got offered a value pack as a "member". But hey, take it, right? You think it's coincidence that it's around the same time they released new expasions?

The value pack has been offered to coincide with the expansion update. The last ones I remember were for pink rainbows during the Valentine event and items to craft the rainbows pots during St Patricks event.

They are value for money if they are things you need and suit your gameplay.

kooky panda
04-04-14, 09:58 AM
They offered a similar value pack when we got the last expansions.
I took it then and I am about to get this one. (figuring out how many I need).
A big time and resource saver for me ! I need the room fast! My animals are getting cramped between all my buildings!! LOL

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 10:00 AM

Gem sales will come back...they're on some kind of rotation that only TL knows lol.

Not coincidence, you can bet it's on purpose - yes, to go with the new expansions that opened for people.

Having started in January, I may not be a "starter" player but I *am* still relatively a NEW player lol... But I think everybody got the same pkg deal, new or not. TL just needs to take that "starting players" part off their value packs, is all.

If you got the extra entertainment funds laying around, I say go for it... It'll get you that much closer to the cute, valuable tinker camp, not to mention much-needed coins you need at your stage. But of course, it's your call. :)

forkyfork99
04-04-14, 10:11 AM
Gem sales will come back...they're on some kind of rotation that only TL knows lol.

Not coincidence, you can bet it's on purpose - yes, to go with the new expansions that opened for people.

Having started in January, I may not be a "starter" player but I *am* still relatively a NEW player lol... But I think everybody got the same pkg deal, new or not. TL just needs to take that "starting players" part off their value packs, is all.

If you got the extra entertainment funds laying around, I say go for it... It'll get you that much closer to the cute, valuable tinker camp, not to mention much-needed coins you need at your stage. But of course, it's your call. :)

Oh I guess I thought gem sales were only there because I hadn't bought anything yet. Once I did, they disappeared. I've got 65 tickets now, so doing it it'll definitely put me over the edge for the tinker camp.

And I just got my first shard (after collecting from the tablet only a handful of times, which is rare, right?). I need to pay 35k for research (which I don't have).

I just wish there were some gems in the package. Although, I have a bad habit of accidentally clicking my gems away, so maybe it's a good thing.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 10:26 AM
Gem sales are random ... But you'll get one again. Just be patient. (I've gotten the sale offer twice since buying them on sale.. Oh, back whenever it was lol)

You can have more in your inventory, past the 99 limit, on trade tickets... so yeah, the pack could set your Exchange into tinkering on the tinker camp for ya lol.

Dang! I just hit level 32 & I've YET to get the first knowledge shard from my tablet, even collecting from it every time it's ready. (Yes, it's a very rare drop) so, you GO!! lol :)
...coins from value pack could pay that research fee...

Yeah, gem traps are an issue for every player.
Tip: Enlarge your screen when collecting, sloooooow down...and even use a stylus if you have long nails or shaky fingers lol

Good luck!
/I'm out :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 10:36 AM
Ps & I'm back for 2 secs lol ~ I just noticed I have a gem sale going on right now too ...so I guess they *can* coincide with values pack. Hunh.
But again, gem sales are regional (I think), & on rotation...so depending where you live dictates when you get a sale (again, I *think* lol)
/peace out

forkyfork99
04-04-14, 11:36 AM
Ps & I'm back for 2 secs lol ~ I just noticed I have a gem sale going on right now too ...so I guess they *can* coincide with values pack. Hunh.
But again, gem sales are regional (I think), & on rotation...so depending where you live dictates when you get a sale (again, I *think* lol)
/peace out

No gem sale for me. So I guess you're special :)

And about the shard, yeah I was surprised to get it so quickly (I think it's my 5th time collecting from it). However, I did let my tablet sit idle for a looooong time before I started really doing anything with it (maybe like a month?). Soo maybe that has something to do with it?

forkyfork99
04-04-14, 12:59 PM
Speaking of the tablet, I can pay 35,000 coins for research or "skip" it for 15 gems. That seems like a good value if you figure 15 gems = $35,000. I've got about 20 right now. I'll probably get a few more once I get to level 6 of Bubble Quest or whatever. Even if I do get the bundle, there are other things I could spend my money on. Thoughts?

Part of me wants to do it so I don't accidentally spend them somewhere else. I do my best to go as slow as possible, but sometimes I get trigger happy LOL.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 01:35 PM
Now, that right there isNOT a good deal to me, but that's just me...

If you read much of the forum (especially the new weekly updates as they come out), you'll see a lot of players who spend gems to skip and speed past a lot of things... I am not one of those players lol.
To me, gems (unlike the coins) are REAL money & I don't throw it around willy-nilly. I'd rather save my gems to buy something I want that is available in the market as a gems-only purchase.

Again, this is personal choice and individual playing style. I have nothing against those who spend gems to skip; I just don't prefer that approach, even if it takes me longer to finish a goal or gather the coins or whatever else it is that is "skippable".
Personal opinion, but that's a waste of gems.

Once I lost 80 gems accidentally speeding up my queen's court when my knights were out on adventure. That taught me REAL quick to watch my finger closely when I approach my queendom lol. I may have lost a gem or 2 here or there, in my garden, since then...but that's cuz I got cocky and sped through it lol.
So now, I've adopted the turtle mentality lol ...slow wins the race. ;)

Here's another tip .... For quicker coin income - plant at least 10 strawberries & collect them on the hour, every hour. That's $1100 profit/hour (higher than a lot of other plants) or collect from your farmhouse every 10-15 minutes that it's due. Higher hourly return there, too.

/poof :)

ghjvcucjb
04-04-14, 02:22 PM
Speaking of the tablet, I can pay 35,000 coins for research or "skip" it for 15 gems. That seems like a good value if you figure 15 gems = $35,000. I've got about 20 right now. I'll probably get a few more once I get to level 6 of Bubble Quest or whatever. Even if I do get the bundle, there are other things I could spend my money on. Thoughts?

Part of me wants to do it so I don't accidentally spend them somewhere else. I do my best to go as slow as possible, but sometimes I get trigger happy LOL.

It depends on your circumstances and where you are in the game. Here are a few things to think about.

If you are farther along in the game, have a nice supply of gems, have most of the gem items/buildings, have most of the goals done and/or have access to a ready supply of gems (by purchasing with real money etc) then 15 gems to speed/skip isn't much. However if you only have 20-100 gems now, 15 is a lot. There are many items that are gem only and some are time sensitive.

Those game downloads are not consistent and after a while seldom to never happen. Then again if you constantly waste gems on gem traps then it's always better to use them the way you want to use them and not how a gem trap dictates to use them, even if you only have a few gems.

Eventually you will run into a long frustrating goal and will want/need to speed it up and will regret wasting gems early on for goals that weren't especially difficult.

Money is actually one of the easiest resources in this game. If you take a day or two and focus on collecting money you'll have a ton in no time. Gems on the other hand are not so easy. JMHO

forkyfork99
04-04-14, 02:27 PM
Now, that right there isNOT a good deal to me, but that's just me...

If you read much of the forum (especially the new weekly updates as they come out), you'll see a lot of players who spend gems to skip and speed past a lot of things... I am not one of those players lol.
To me, gems (unlike the coins) are REAL money & I don't throw it around willy-nilly. I'd rather save my gems to buy something I want that is available in the market as a gems-only purchase.

Again, this is personal choice and individual playing style. I have nothing against those who spend gems to skip; I just don't prefer that approach, even if it takes me longer to finish a goal or gather the coins or whatever else it is that is "skippable".
Personal opinion, but that's a waste of gems.

Once I lost 80 gems accidentally speeding up my queen's court when my knights were out on adventure. That taught me REAL quick to watch my finger closely when I approach my queendom lol. I may have lost a gem or 2 here or there, in my garden, since then...but that's cuz I got cocky and sped through it lol.
So now, I've adopted the turtle mentality lol ...slow wins the race. ;)

Here's another tip .... For quicker coin income - plant at least 10 strawberries & collect them on the hour, every hour. That's $1100 profit/hour (higher than a lot of other plants) or collect from your farmhouse every 10-15 minutes that it's due. Higher hourly return there, too.

/poof :)

I definitely appreciate your advice. And I agree that I'd rather spend gems on something "special". I have used a gem here or there to speed up something if it serves a purpose.

Right now my main sources of income have been collecting from watchtowers, spires, and libraries (excluding the special stuff like the tablet, etc.). I built a bunch early on to get more RP easily, and I only collect when they are sparkling so i get more money. I almost never collect from my farmhouse. Are you saying the farmhouse would be a better option? I try to conserve my energy.

I try to do the strawberry when I can b/c those are good for trades, but once again - it uses a lot more energy :(

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 08:55 PM
Here's an experiment for you to try, if you're game ... Ready? Lol

Just by itself (no alicorn, no wizard school, no adventure reward etc), you acquire 20 energy in 1 hour, right?
So, take a couple hours & give this a shot:

1. Write down what your coin "bank balance" is.
2. Plant 10 strawberries.
3. You may have more or a higher upgrade but let's say you have a level 1 farmhouse. 10 minutes usually isn't enough time for it to get sparkly often, so it pays $70.
4. Collect from it 6 times in that hour (every 10 mins)
5. At the end of the hour (if you haven't done ANYTHING else), you'll have 14 energy. Collect your strawberries & replant.
6. Spend the other 4 energy on... Whatever.... Or save it for the end of the 2 hr mark (for collecting from Old Tom, etc)
7. Repeat above for second hour.
8. At end of 2nd hour, collect your strawberries again & then check your coin balance.
By my math, you should have made at least $3040.
Now, if you did that for 4 hours straight, you'd have over $6grand... could your watchtowers and spires pay you that much??

It's not something to do constantly or all day long, but if you have 2-3 hours to burn, it's a good, fast money maker.
Just a suggestion.

Now, this is funny but I never collect from my farmhouse lol (in fact, they're both stored cuz I needed the room for other buildings lol)... But now I think I may have just talked MYSELF into doing this lil exercise for a couple of hours & may move some stuff around so I can bankroll a lil bit. LOL

Good luck...it's always a balancing act of where to best spend your energy lol
(Which is why saving up 200 gems for a wizard school is almost mandatory.)

forkyfork99
04-04-14, 09:06 PM
Here's an experiment for you to try, if you're game ... Ready? Lol

Just by itself (no alicorn, no wizard school, no adventure reward etc), you acquire 20 energy in 1 hour, right?
So, take a couple hours & give this a shot:

1. Write down what your coin "bank balance" is.
2. Plant 10 strawberries.
3. You may have more or a higher upgrade but let's say you have a level 1 farmhouse. 10 minutes usually isn't enough time for it to get sparkly often, so it pays $70.
4. Collect from it 6 times in that hour (every 10 mins)
5. At the end of the hour (if you haven't done ANYTHING else), you'll have 14 energy. Collect your strawberries & replant.
6. Spend the other 4 energy on... Whatever.... Or save it for the end of the 2 hr mark (for collecting from Old Tom, etc)
7. Repeat above for second hour.
8. Check your coin balance. Now, if you did that for 4 hours straight, could your watchtowers and spires pay you that much??

It's not something to do constantly or all day long, but if you have 2-3 hours to burn, it's a good, fast money maker.
Just a suggestion.

Now, this is funny but I never collect from my farmhouse lol (in fact, they're both stored cuz I needed the room for other buildings lol)... But now I think I may have just talked MYSELF into doing this lil exercise for a couple of hours & may move some stuff around so I can bankroll a lil bit. LOL

Good luck...it's always a balancing act of where to best spend your energy lol
(Which is why saving up 200 gems for a wizard school is almost mandatory.)

Definitely sounds like a way to build up your coin balance if needed. The problem is, it doesn't leave much energy for anything else. I've usually got multiple goals going on that I try not to devote TOO much energy just to coin collecting (my royal buildings often go uncollected from for a while).

And aren't there better crops to plant for better profit? I know strawberries give the best $/hr, but that's assuming you are there to collect immediately once they harvest. For every hour thereafter that they sit, they lose value. Plus, it takes quite a lot of energy to collect.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 09:12 PM
That's why I'm saying this is only something to do for a couple of hours, not all day long lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 09:25 PM
And aren't there better crops to plant for better profit? I know strawberries give the best $/hr, but that's assuming you are there to collect immediately once they harvest. For every hour thereafter that they sit, they lose value. Plus, it takes quite a lot of energy to collect.

Profit/hr margin is definitely just the strawberries.
...but if you wanna just let your crops sit there, the best bang for the buck would be carrots. They cost $190/ea, pay $630/ea...for a per plant profit of $440....but then again, they also take 22 hours til you can collect 'em. (& you may not even have that veggie yet, dunno)

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-14, 09:44 PM
Here's another one lol ... It's tedious as all-get-out lol but...
Plant 1 corn. (JUST 1 lol)
Harvest it every 3 mins that it's due. (That's the tedious part lol)
In 30 minutes, with 10 harvests, you just made $200... Or $400 in 1 hour. Off 1 single crop planting, not bad....if you have the patience for that ... Cuz if you just let that single plant sit there for the whole hour, you only made $20. lol

...and before a moderator comes down on me for getting off topic lol ... Buy the value pack, it's worth it. :)

kooky panda
04-05-14, 01:48 PM
Too late Northwoods!! LOL.. The thread has been off topic for the last few posts but it has been an interesting read. I do not think there is a thread
on tips for getting coins. Feel Free to start one up. :)

Let keep the discussion on topic.

Original post:

150,000 coins
15 wisp lanterns
50 trade tickets

Do you think this bundle is a good value? I'm surprised there are no gem offers in it. Should I hold out for something better? The trade tickets seem nice as I'm working toward the tinker camp. The wisp lanterns are meh since I have some several already. The coins would be very nice as I'm always low on cash.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-05-14, 02:51 PM
Too late Northwoods!! LOL.. The thread has been off topic for the last few posts but it has been an interesting read. I do not think there is a thread
on tips for getting coins. Feel Free to start one up. :)

Let keep the discussion on topic.

Original post:

EEPS, snagged! Lol ... That's why I ended my last post by getting it *back* on track lol...

Bottom line: EVERY player ~ if u got the dough, buy the dang packet! LOL :)

Ps. I'm gonna break my wallet; I already bought THREE .... And might get 2 more lol
(yikes, hiding credit card bill from hubby LOL)

Wollstonecraft
04-06-14, 06:42 AM

150,000 coins
15 wisp lanterns
50 trade tickets

Just thought I'd mention that these are TRADE TICKETS in the bundle and not EXPANSION PERMITS. I bought the bundle thinking, mistakenly, that I was getting a bunch of expansion permits. Oops! I may not have bought one if my brain had translated that right. Hahaha! Now am working on making the permits in the exchange. It's not nearly the instant gratification I thought it would be, but will still help me expand quicker.

kooky panda
04-06-14, 09:36 AM
EEPS, snagged! Lol ... That's why I ended my last post by getting it *back* on track lol...

Ps. I'm gonna break my wallet; I already bought THREE .... And might get 2 more lol

I just slipped a iTunes card in my grocery basket yesterday! LOL!!! Fixing to buy a few more!

forkyfork99
04-06-14, 11:40 AM

Oh, so you can buy more than one? I didn't even think about that..

Also, my gems are back on sale again. yay!

boxesj
04-07-14, 02:30 PM
I just slipped a iTunes card in my grocery basket yesterday! LOL!!! Fixing to buy a few more!

I have never thought about this before. I did one today too for the first time!!! Feel better in grocery shopping than showing directly on credit card bill..:p

Triple_K
04-08-14, 02:07 PM
The forum is always so helpful and informative! After reading more than 1 can be purchased, I took the opportunity to get another bundle. Hope hubby doesn't notice that on his bill...yikes!

Sirac_Leloup
12-26-14, 06:57 PM
I had a value pack announced at 9.99$ for 100,000 coins, 10 wisp lanterns and 40 trade tickets. Today i've installed CS Winter and tonight i wanted to buy the value pack but nothing happened when i've clicked on purchase. I wanted to post here about the bug and checked back the price to realize the price was not there in CS Winter. So i checked in standard CS, price is there and clicking on purchase work good. Is it a known bug?

Jennerwein1
12-27-14, 04:48 AM

Same here! Bought three with iTunes Christmas gift card. Will have to get more ( came here for enabling, so thanks, lol)

snoozingwombat
12-28-14, 02:37 AM
Silly question but how long does it take for purchased bundles to come through/show up?

SpiritWind00
12-28-14, 04:08 AM
Silly question but how long does it take for purchased bundles to come through/show up?

If it's not on your screen now then you didn't get it. Not many hours of the current barrel offer left.....

snoozingwombat
12-28-14, 04:32 AM
Well I bought a pack with 2hours to spare and its yet to show up. The only curious thing is iTunes keeps popping up and asks for my password. Guess I'll wait a little longer.

Check my card and was charged for it.