PDA

View Full Version : Butterfish 🐠 and Catfish 🐟

youbugme
04-03-14, 02:35 PM
Are these fish supposed to come from ponds as well as the swamp?  Am I the only poor soul to never get them from a pond? These fish seem as allusive as the tusks are.

PikaSquirrel
04-03-14, 02:51 PM
You'll start getting them from the Pond once you complete the Goal "In The Swamp". Looks like you have this Goal completed, you should eventually get a Catfish or Butterfish from the pond :)

MusicMeow6
04-03-14, 02:53 PM
I think both. I've had pretty decent luck with getting the Catfish from the swamp and sometimes the pond but the butterfish seem to be a rarer drop.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-03-14, 03:05 PM
I've even gotten them from the mermaid pond ..it's been uber-rare, but has occurred.

belbar22
04-03-14, 03:41 PM
I think both. I've had pretty decent luck with getting the Catfish from the swamp and sometimes the pond but the butterfish seem to be a rarer drop.

I agree. I have 22 catfish but only 1 lonely butterfish.

Queenzod
04-03-14, 04:13 PM
I agree. I have 22 catfish but only 1 lonely butterfish.

I'm having the opposite! I get about 3 times as many butterfish as catfish. Maybe my ponds aren't muddy enough.

belbar22
04-03-14, 04:37 PM
I'm having the opposite! I get about 3 times as many butterfish as catfish. Maybe my ponds aren't muddy enough.

Oh, how I wish we could trade. The butterfish are so much prettier. I am going to organise a pond cleaning party to see if that helps.

Queenzod
04-03-14, 05:18 PM
Oh, how I wish we could trade. The butterfish are so much prettier. I am going to organise a pond cleaning party to see if that helps.

Ain't it always the case that the grass is greener in someone else's kingdom? Lol

CottageRose
04-03-14, 05:27 PM
Yep, I'm always disappointed if it's not a catfish. Butterfish outnumber catfish in my kingdom, 19 to 8.

kitthecat
04-03-14, 08:43 PM
Are these fish supposed to come from ponds as well as the swamp?  Am I the only poor soul to never get them from a pond? These fish seem as allusive as the tusks are.

I'm the 2nd poor soul, at the Kaz Tzul'jin goal for 3 days already, NOT a single catfish nor butterfish. Fish more then 10 times per day, 2 ponds, 1 swamp, 1 mermaid pond..... NOTHING but the normal fish :(:(:(

wassupbaby
04-03-14, 10:16 PM
I'm the 2nd poor soul, at the Kaz Tzul'jin goal for 3 days already, NOT a single catfish nor butterfish. Fish more then 10 times per day, 2 ponds, 1 swamp, 1 mermaid pond..... NOTHING but the normal fish :(:(:(

3rd poor soul :((

ghjvcucjb
04-03-14, 10:31 PM

Why does this make me think we need a gate keeper and a key master?

Or at least sigourney weaver.

marrrina
04-05-14, 06:04 AM
I have plenty butterfish and absolutely no catfish :(

dng1234
04-05-14, 07:16 AM

My ponds have gone through spells. I'll get several of Kaz's fish in a row and then...BAM! I'll hit a dry spell and can't even get a regular fish.

Why does this make me think we need a gate keeper and a key master?

Or at least sigourney weaver.

Maybe if we start praying to zeul (spelling?) we'll start getting some fish and boars.

kitthecat
04-05-14, 10:32 PM
Another 2 days past since I wrote my post, STILL NOTHING!!!! NO cat nor butter fish!!! Think I really need sigourney weaver.......:(:(

2nd poor soul ����������

jaybay1147
04-07-14, 04:02 PM
They're so cute. <3

forkyfork99
04-29-14, 07:17 PM
Thought I would bump up this thread. Catfish are so hard to get for me. I have tons of butterfish, but I find it frustrating that I can't send my knights on adventure w/o these dang catfish.

Right now I have 19 butterfish and 1 catfish. Weird that for some people its reverse :(

belbar22
04-30-14, 07:46 AM
Thought I would bump up this thread. Catfish are so hard to get for me. I have tons of butterfish, but I find it frustrating that I can't send my knights on adventure w/o these dang catfish.

Right now I have 19 butterfish and 1 catfish. Weird that for some people its reverse :(

I had the same problem the other way around, however since i bought the fish market, i am now maxed out on both. I wish I could send you some.

Sylvaniaskingdom
05-30-14, 05:56 AM
Do you know how to get the swamp as I haven't reached the goal for that yet

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-30-14, 06:04 AM

That's the only way to get it ... You have to reach that part of the troll pit line quest.

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-30-14, 06:46 AM
ADD'L THOUGHT/HELP:
I don't know where you are in the troll quest (or even if you've expanded to the troll pit yet) but the swamp comes at the end of the first part of the troll tribe quest-line.
Here's the link:
(SPOILER ALERT: don't click if you like to be surprised by your quest requirements)
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?66675-Castle-Story-03-20-2014-Update-Troll-Tribe-Part-1

55lee55
05-31-14, 12:34 PM
Not sure this matters to those who need Catfish or Butterfish, but I have at least 95 of each. I have only been playing since January, but I have played much since I started.

I normally have 6 ponds, 5 wells, the Swampy Pond, the Troll buildings, and Sir Piggy, in addition to the Fish Market which is attractive but I don't usually collect from it. When I really needed the Catfish and Butterfish, I struggled to get every single one. Now that I don't need them, my special fish are cute and happily residing in the Frozen Food section of my inventory. I shudder to imagine the aroma that would permeate my kingdom should nearly 200 fish thaw at the same time ;) It might be worth it if it would keep Thurston from underfoot!

All I can say is that like most things, if we need them we notice them and feel like we will never get enough of them, but when we move on to other things we need, our supply will build with no real effort. For me it takes a black flag telling me I can't hold more of this or that, which are somehow the very things I needed so desperately at some earlier time.

Boiled, baked or fried, the cute fishies will be there for you eventually, and there is hope. I can speak only to my own experience, but it has shown me that nothing is wrong with my game if I don't get the items I want when I need them, but that if I continue on without stressing over it the items will show up eventually. Good Luck!