PDA

View Full Version : why water?

Unregistered
07-23-10, 10:50 AM
hi
i installed this game today and i really got into it. but i dont understand what effect watering has? can anyone tell me why i water for other people?

Smegz
07-23-10, 11:09 AM
Watering does many things:

When you water you raise your star rating. You'll notice every player has a star rating when you go into the community tab. Those with ratings of 4 are served at the top of the list. Being on the top also means you will be more likely to be watered by others. Nobody wants to waste time watering a player that clearly doesn't water back.

When you harvest a crop that another player has watered for you, you gain an extra XP point. You reach new levels which unlock better crops at each new level. I admit it's not that great of a return when you consider getting only 1 XP point per watered crop but the thing to think about is it adds up.

Watering also allows you to find people that you enjoy chatting with to some extent. It's a social game.

If you don't care about having every one of your crops watered then I suggest not watering within the community. It is time consuming to water your neighbors, truth be known.

Good luck!

Unregistered
07-23-10, 12:18 PM
having your crops watered gives you not only 1 extra XP but also 20 extra coins per crop (or tree/flower - the only way trees and flowers will give you XP is if they get watered).