PDA

View Full Version : Answered New bug. Side store

bss18974
04-02-14, 08:43 PM
Regina;895597']We have investigated this issue; please look for an update in the App Store (no eta). Thank you for your patience.

Found a new bug with the newest version... The one with the water garden...

Sometimes when you open the side shop and click on a + symbol to add an item to sell... The window opens all the way to the right almost completely off the screen. You have to force quit to get out of it thus losing anything that has not already synced...

Latest version, iPad Air

ciarjen
04-03-14, 01:47 AM
I've had to force close twice since the new water garden update as the screen has frozen when I have tried to put an item up for sale.

playing iPad air.

piggie1972
04-03-14, 02:46 AM
I have a similar problem, the shop just completely disappeared when I press the '+' to add an item to sell. The shop appeared to have become 'transparent'? This problem only appeared after I updated FS2 on iPad yesterday. Can it be fixed soon?

kooky panda
04-03-14, 05:18 AM
I have not had this these problems but I am on a iPhone 5s.
Try deleting and redownloading the game.

ebils
04-03-14, 10:58 AM
Hi~ Can you guys please provide us a screenshot of this bug. Thank you~

ciarjen
04-03-14, 11:39 AM
Hi~ Can you guys please provide us a screenshot of this bug. Thank you~

I have deleted the app and reinstalled but still occassionally having the problem. Playing on iPad air.

It happens when I am in the shop and tap on a free slot to put an item up for sale - the screen freezes and the shop disappears over to the right.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k287/stormyday2/sideshopbug_zpsb6dc542f.jpg

diehardpat
04-03-14, 04:08 PM
I'm having the same problem with adding items for sale in shop. I'm on iPhone

diehardpat
04-03-14, 04:16 PM
Actually I can no longer place items for sale in my shop due to this bug so I will have to take a break from playing till this bug is fixed,

bss18974
04-03-14, 06:48 PM
Deleted, reinstalled, still doing it.

Not fixed!

bss18974
04-03-14, 06:57 PM
The worst thing about this bug is if you collect from your sold items and go to sell a new item, and it freezes as it does a lot, you may lose the coins collected recently because it did not sync... And you have to force quit to get out...

And if you email tl tech support their response is they can do nothing when sync issues are involved.

bss18974
04-03-14, 10:36 PM
Another bug ... Many times when adding an item to the side store, nothing happens when you tap on the item to sell. Going out and coming back does not fix it. You must force quit and restart to regain that funtionality

bss18974
04-04-14, 05:12 PM
To reiterate, I have deleted this game 4 times and reinstalled from my iTunes via USB, reinstalled from the iTunes Store via wifi and the cloud too and it still has the side store issues of the window opened all the way to the right. This question is not answered. Others having same problem. I'm on iPad Air, others on same, one person said same on iPad 4 others on iPhone (they weren't specific to model)

This is definitely a bug and this thread should be changed from answered to open issue.

kooky panda
04-04-14, 07:32 PM
I have not seen any staff on the forum today. I will go ahead and let them know there are more posts.

bss18974
04-04-14, 09:05 PM
I have not seen any staff on the forum today. I will go ahead and let them know there are more posts.

Thanks, I appreciate it... I am seeing more and more weird behavior in this version... My farm flooded. (Blue background) and I lost all my chickens in one pen and all my alpacas...

Of course, force quit and restart fixed those issues but I never had a flood before and never lost more than 1 animal... This time I lost 8

Also, it appears that shutting down my iPad Air and restarting fs2 helped immeasurably ESP. If fs2 is the only app running... Perhaps some type of memory leak or memory corruption

hadardo
04-05-14, 02:31 AM
hi, same issue with the shop side sliding window. ipad 1 ios 5.1.1

mymummy789
04-05-14, 05:22 AM
Having the same trouble - iPad mini, latest updates.

klengenhues
04-05-14, 08:12 AM
I have the same problem and it's really annoying. My pigs and chicken disappeared, the pets too. My farm is flooded in blue when I'm visiting 4-5 neighbours. I do also have a blank square with the blueberryjelly. hope TL will fix this very quickly.

Thanks, I appreciate it... I am seeing more and more weird behavior in this version... My farm flooded. (Blue background) and I lost all my chickens in one pen and all my alpacas...

Of course, force quit and restart fixed those issues but I never had a flood before and never lost more than 1 animal... This time I lost 8

Also, it appears that shutting down my iPad Air and restarting fs2 helped immeasurably ESP. If fs2 is the only app running... Perhaps some type of memory leak or memory corruption

angela3737
04-05-14, 11:13 AM
Same problem....just happened with the latest update with water garden ..click on shop..game freezes until need to shut down ....also when clicking to sell a item..won't allow to increase price ...the screen shot from first page on this thread is what I also see sometimes ..the white building edge on right side ..

These new bugs happen for me maybe 30% of the time ..I'm on itouch 4 th ..lenel is 33&35 I think - give or take a level on my accounts

3Dolphin2013
04-05-14, 01:32 PM
Good to know it's not just me. Still annoying though :(

Chaminaze8
04-06-14, 06:43 AM
Hello everyone... I also have this annoying side shop problem where, once an item is sold and I pick up the money in order to sell other products, the slot window will barely open, showing the edge of that window to the right of the screen without letting me make any kind of transaction... Will this be corrected any time soon ? A quick answer would be wonderful giving the high quality playing time of this game !

Thank you for your time and consideration...

An almost happy farmer

kooky panda
04-06-14, 09:35 AM
Everyone with this issue, what specific device do you play on?
Can you post screenshots?

3Dolphin2013
04-06-14, 09:48 AM
I play on Ipad2.
It happens when I occassionally want to open the side store and it looks the same as the one Ciarjen posted on the first page of this topic.

cosmolife
04-06-14, 10:02 AM
I'm on iPhone 5. Latest iOS.

Same problems with sideshop and blue screen when visiting neighbors.

mymummy789
04-06-14, 01:43 PM
ipad mini, version 7.1
farmstory 2 version 1.7.3
side store disappears the same as Ciarjen's screenshot. I don't know what triggers it - it seems to be random.
Also get the blue farm if I visit a lot of other farms in succession. In both cases the only way out is to force close the app.
The side store issue has only happened since the most recent update. The blue farm has been happening for a while now (possibly since the alpaca update).

baseball_boy
04-07-14, 04:29 AM
iPad 2

Exact same problem as above post

Clark_Wayne
04-07-14, 09:40 AM
Same problem : iPad mini and latest update with water garden. Thought it was my iPad until i see this thread :D
I have to quit and come back in the apps
It happens mostly after visit to neighbors

cityfan
04-07-14, 11:06 AM
iPad Air. FS latest updat with water garden.

Didn't see this problem before the update, but it's showed up many times since.

angela3737
04-07-14, 03:26 PM
Itouch 4 has the problem - same image as first page

orleansparish
04-07-14, 03:28 PM
Happening to me too. Ipad 3, latest version. I just force close and come back. Thankfully I haven't noticed any loss in coins but I'll start keeping tabs. I hope not. It's an annoyance that's for sure.

mamareader02
04-07-14, 04:16 PM
iPad that came right before the iPad air(iPad retina),latest version

[S8] Regina
04-09-14, 11:49 AM
Thank you all for the reports! We will forward this issue to the team for further investigation.

diehardpat
04-10-14, 03:26 PM
Any update on this side shop issue, I have not been able to play as I cannot get to restock the shop with sale items due to this bug

scotchman68
04-11-14, 06:50 AM
Seems to be happening when I'm in the store, and someone visits my farm... after closing and restarting the game, my buildings are sparkling... iPad Mini (1st Gen), v1.7.3, iOS 7.1, level 31

synsanity
04-12-14, 12:13 PM
This is still going on and definitely NOT fixed.

mymummy789
04-12-14, 12:58 PM
I hope you find a fix for this soon. It seems to be increasing in frequency on my farm :(

justforfarmm
04-12-14, 11:11 PM
I just had this problem a few minutes ago, I found out that the selling menu was there but we can't really see it(just the left side of the menu on the right side of the screen) because i tried to move the screen with my finger and i saw different items like i was moving them, then i clicked where the "go back" key was supposed to be and came back to my store, tried to do again 2 times and the same problem, just stoped playing until the game wasn't like connected anymore and everything seems to be cool again

pipsqueak203
04-13-14, 01:17 AM
I get this problem too (ipad2) but also when the items in my barn/silo do make it to the middle of the screen, I can't tap on them to select them. The game then freezes and I have to force quit :(

dalexxx
04-13-14, 09:04 AM
Same prob ipad air

diehardpat
04-13-14, 03:03 PM
This has been going on too long now, I stopped playing all the other story games guess i will add this one to the list too lol

[S8] Regina
04-14-14, 11:11 AM
We have investigated this, so please be on the lookout for an update to correct this issue. Thank you for your patience!

pipsqueak203
04-14-14, 02:28 PM
My side store seems to be fine now. If that was a fix, thank you :)

fish63
04-15-14, 01:41 PM
It was better today, but just happened again! Off to close and reinstall. Taking all the fun out of game and egg hunt!

3Dolphin2013
04-16-14, 05:57 AM
Still happens here too. I sell or should I say try to sell everything I make because I can buy a candy maker. Slightly annoying when you have to close the game often :(

kooky panda
04-16-14, 07:36 AM
I have had the issue twice now. Force closing the game does unfreeze the screen.
I will let the community managers know that this is still happening.

minidemon88
04-16-14, 10:51 AM
I just encountered this issue! I can't even sell anything, since the store menu went almost off the screen. Force closed it and it turned out fine. Hopefully I won't encounter again. *fingers crossed*

chuckyt888
04-16-14, 08:39 PM
Still getting this one very often. I'd say it happens 10-15% of the time I open the store. Extremely annoying as you have to hard boot the device.

mymummy789
04-17-14, 09:40 AM
Still happening here too

fish63
04-17-14, 11:26 AM
I have closed and opened so many times I've lost count. Was about to make a gem purchase, but will wait. Also don't understand why gems you collect won't register if Barn is full! They don't go to barn!

GameOfFarms
04-20-14, 06:08 AM
Not sure if this issue is still open, but I'm still having this problem. I'm getting an itty bitty annoyed at constantly force closing and re opening just to restock my store :(

ciarjen
04-20-14, 06:24 AM
Not sure if this issue is still open, but I'm still having this problem. I'm getting an itty bitty annoyed at constantly force closing and re opening just to restock my store :(

It has not been fixed yet, they are still working on it.

Benmax54
04-27-14, 03:32 AM
I also have the problem and this is really annoying when will it get fixed?

baseball_boy
05-01-14, 04:11 AM
This is STILL a problem???? Can you not get it fixed??? :mad:

cakeandpie
05-01-14, 07:04 PM
I'm still having this problem (and also the one where the shop is open but you cannot add anything to it when you tap the item).

3Dolphin2013
05-02-14, 01:36 AM
It just happened when I closed the store too.
Please fix it soon, it ruins my fun to play :(

mymummy789
05-02-14, 02:05 AM
I'm still having this problem (and also the one where the shop is open but you cannot add anything to it when you tap the item).

I didn't realize this was also a problem. I thought it was my device!!! I am still having issues with the shop, and my farm still goes blue if I stay and play for too long!!

[S8] Regina
05-02-14, 10:13 AM
We have investigated this issue; please look for an update in the App Store (no eta). Thank you for your patience.

ciarjen
05-02-14, 11:08 AM
Regina;895597']We have investigated this issue; please look for an update in the App Store (no eta). Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for the feedback.

3Dolphin2013
05-11-14, 09:43 AM
It just happened again and I hardly played the last 2 weeks (or even longer).
And I'm about to delete this game because I'm kind of fed up :(

No offence meant.
Please just fix it very soon!

mymummy789
05-13-14, 12:58 PM

don't suppose there is an ETA for this yet? I don't think you realise how very annoying this is!!!!

Clark_Wayne
05-16-14, 07:14 AM
There is not update in App Store

mymummy789
05-28-14, 01:14 PM
don't suppose there is an ETA for this yet? I don't think you realise how very annoying this is!!!!

I am trying to be patient, but surely you have some idea when this will be pushed out?!?!?!

[S8] Regina
05-28-14, 01:25 PM
I am trying to be patient, but surely you have some idea when this will be pushed out?!?!?!

Please be on the lookout for an update soon today. Thank you all for your patience.

kooky panda
05-28-14, 02:22 PM
New version update in iTunes! Version 1.7.4.

pegsfarm1
05-28-14, 04:54 PM
Well I got the update today. Worked great for a while, but just clicked on my store and it wouldn't open at all, and now everything has frozen up. Have to force close to restart again. I did get the store to open earlier to sell items, but now it just blinks and nothing works. Update did not fix this problem correctly!

grameys
05-28-14, 05:29 PM
got the update.. thanks!
but.. nw when I clicked my store instead of going to the side it slides to the bottom and disappears.. then the whole farm freezes and cannot do anything till I power down machine and reboot.. ipad air

3Dolphin2013
05-29-14, 12:36 AM
Well I got the update today. Worked great for a while, but just clicked on my store and it wouldn't open at all, and now everything has frozen up. Have to force close to restart again. I did get the store to open earlier to sell items, but now it just blinks and nothing works. Update did not fix this problem correctly!

Same here.....

grameys
05-29-14, 09:30 AM
the store goes toward bottom of screen and the whole game freezes.. ipad air.. new download installed

kooky panda
05-29-14, 10:04 AM
I will report over that there are still issues, even after downloading the new update.

[S8] Regina
05-29-14, 10:39 AM
the store goes toward bottom of screen and the whole game freezes.. ipad air.. new download installed

We are currently investigating this!

Meowmeowbeans
05-29-14, 11:54 AM

Thanks for letting us know about this! We'll continue to investigate this issue. You might want to make sure that you have closed down all the open background apps on your device, and also make sure that you force close the app if it is open on your device when you resume play.

Jnny2good
05-30-14, 09:16 PM
A week ago, my side store was becoming ridiculous with the freezes. I rebooted my iphone and went 4 days without a freeze. Heaven. Let's hope the latest update cures it once and for all.

sweetypies97
05-31-14, 01:27 AM
I'm having this problem too :(

[S8] Regina
06-03-14, 06:04 PM
The team is still investigating this issue with the Side Shop freezing. Thank you all for your patience!

I would recommend closing out background apps when playing the game, and force-closing when you exit. A restart of the device would help clear things up too.

angela3737
06-03-14, 06:16 PM
This is happening to both my accounts . I try the usual above fixes but doesn't help for this .

Thanks for looking into this.

sweetypies97
06-08-14, 01:30 PM
Thanks for looking into it. It is still happening, but not as often.

mymummy789
06-10-14, 10:55 AM
This happened twice today. The first time I had left the game running, but the second time I started fresh and had not been in the game long before the shop disappeared off my screen. Hope you get it fixed soon.

[S8] Regina
06-10-14, 12:10 PM
There is a new update for the app in the store right now! Please let us know your feedback, thank you!

grameys
06-11-14, 08:12 AM
downloaded update, all worked great filling side store when it went completely off screen and screen locked had to power off and re-boot to get game to work again

edited to add.. ipad air

Rosebuds51
06-12-14, 01:58 PM
The freezing up is getting ridiculous.

angela3737
06-12-14, 02:03 PM
Freezing still happens on both my accounts .ipad 1 and itouch 4 - even after the new update ..:)

Jnny2good
06-12-14, 03:02 PM
I've only had one freeze since the update.

Jnny2good
06-12-14, 03:14 PM
After tapping an item to sell.

[S8] Regina
06-12-14, 03:14 PM
Does the freezing happen when you tap to open the Side Shop, or after you have tapped an item to sell (to go back to your Side Shop Slots)?

Thanks!

Etini_PYF
06-12-14, 04:14 PM
Regina;918602']Does the freezing happen when you tap to open the Side Shop, or after you have tapped an item to sell (to go back to your Side Shop Slots)?

Thanks!

After I have tapped an item to sell. It's been going on I don't know since when. Just shut down & restart MANY times a day.

Some people here has brought up the blue screen. Do you have a different thread for that or? For me it happens several times every day. A friend in the game gets it maybe once or twice an hour!! She is social & visits a lot. Just an endless time goes to restarting.

Etini_PYF
06-12-14, 04:44 PM
Sometimes U have to read it yourself to C that it can be missunderstood. The bluescreen (which I don't even know if it belongs here, redirect me please if it doesn't).
It has nothing to do with visits itself. It happens when U R at your own farm just the same.

[S8] Regina
06-12-14, 08:54 PM
We've checked on several devices, does the freezing seem more like a lag? After you tap an item to sell, when the screen disappears before sliding back into view, does it seem like it is lagging for few seconds, then the Shop pops back into view? Or does it completely just stop working?

Thank you all!

CindysTNFarm
06-12-14, 09:32 PM
No, the store NEVER comes back into view after it pops over to the side. The only way to resume playing is to do a hard shut down and then restart the game.

This issue does not occur the first time you visit the store and add a new item. It only occurs the 2nd or 3rd time you open the store and try to add a new item for sale within the same game play session.

Here are some basic steps to replicate. These steps will replicate the issue 95% of the time:
1. Open game
2. Open Market
3. Click + to add a new item for sale
4. Select item, set price
5. Close the market
6. Open the market again
7. Select + sign to add a new item for sale
RESULTS: This is when the market slides to the right. It does not ever return to the normal position. You must hard close the application and restart for it to work again.

Regina;918700']We've checked on several devices, does the freezing seem more like a lag? After you tap an item to sell, when the screen disappears before sliding back into view, does it seem like it is lagging for few seconds, then the Shop pops back into view? Or does it completely just stop working?

Thank you all!

CindysTNFarm
06-12-14, 09:36 PM
By the way, this issue is rather exhausting. The last update did not fix it obviously. Users have to shut down the game sometimes dozens of times per day to play this game. Please let me know if I can help. I'm an IT professional. I play this game on an iPad Mini. This bug has existed for at least a few months.

Jnny2good
06-14-14, 02:40 PM
I can tell it is not a lag issues, because the animations underneath continue. When the shop is just lagging, all the animations stop, and I know to just wait it out and it will return. As soon as I see the on-going animations I know it is time for a hard stop.

[S8] Regina
06-16-14, 10:40 AM
I can tell it is not a lag issues, because the animations underneath continue. When the shop is just lagging, all the animations stop, and I know to just wait it out and it will return. As soon as I see the on-going animations I know it is time for a hard stop.

Do you mean the animations in the background, on your farm? Thanks for your explanation! We are still investigating this issue.

Whooosh1
06-16-14, 10:41 AM
I am having the same problem cannot seel items in the newspaper, The games fezzes and you have to force close it. I is causing me to be unable to progress, as my barn and silo are full and I cannot collect the items I need for my orders. Playing on IPAD2 with latest updates. so frustrating

Jnny2good
06-16-14, 10:25 PM
Regina;919952']Do you mean the animations in the background, on your farm? Thanks for your explanation! We are still investigating this issue.
Yes, for instance if the plane is landing, the animation will normally pause if there is lag. If the shop stays away, the plane animation will continue on to landing. My go-to clue is the little flag on the newspaper stand. Waving=hard restart, paused=wait it out.

bissabez
06-17-14, 09:19 AM

[S8] Regina
06-17-14, 12:39 PM
Confirming the same problem - game has become unplayable over the past day unfortunately. At this point even after a restart, the store doesn't allow adding any items to sell. :(

Yes, for instance if the plane is landing, the animation will normally pause if there is lag. If the shop stays away, the plane animation will continue on to landing. My go-to clue is the little flag on the newspaper stand. Waving=hard restart, paused=wait it out.

Thank you for all the information! These have been forwarded to the team for further investigation.

FreyaRus
06-18-14, 03:40 AM
Yup, me too, when I try and add an item to my store I can no longer get a response from the game, all the animations move though. To continue playing I can tap the real money buy things tab and then close it but this does not fix the store, it will freeze again if I try and add items, I have to restart my iPad 3 to use the store again. This happened a number of times today and seriously impedes game play.

cakeandpie
06-26-14, 07:24 AM
I'm still having problems with the side store too, where I tap to sell, and the store window gets stuck on the far right side, and the game freezes.

3Dolphin2013
06-26-14, 08:42 AM
Everything went well for a while.
Until yesterday.
When I click on my store it randomly freezes and I have to force close the game :(

Rynetory2
06-26-14, 11:11 AM
For the last few days, perhaps due to the celebration, the app has been quite abnormal for me. Side shop freeze and chicken crawling at snail speed. Other TL games (RS and BS) are working fine, only fs2 is affected.

Meowmeowbeans
07-09-14, 03:20 PM
Thanks for providing all these reports. We are still investigating this issue, but it may be related to the duration that you leave your game open before trying to use the Side Shop. As a temporary workaround, if you are still experiencing an issue with the Side Shop, we recommend closing your game and re-opening it before you go into the Side Shop. This may help resolve your issue.

Rynetory2
07-09-14, 09:07 PM
Thanks for providing all these reports. We are still investigating this issue, but it may be related to the duration that you leave your game open before trying to use the Side Shop. As a temporary workaround, if you are still experiencing an issue with the Side Shop, we recommend closing your game and re-opening it before you go into the Side Shop. This may help resolve your issue.

I wish it's the duration of the game so this issue can be resolved quickly. I had experienced starting FS2 and the next action was to load shop, it happened.

Meowmeowbeans
07-10-14, 11:28 AM
I wish it's the duration of the game so this issue can be resolved quickly. I had experienced starting FS2 and the next action was to load shop, it happened.

The team is currently investigating a solution for this issue. Thanks for your patience!

Rynetory2
07-10-14, 11:42 AM
The team is currently investigating a solution for this issue. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you MeowMeowBeans.

3Dolphin2013
07-11-14, 12:58 AM
The store won't let me add new items.
Closed on Sundays uhm Fridays? Lol :)
New bug or just me?

3Dolphin2013
07-23-14, 06:33 AM
New bug or just me?
It just happened again :confused:

kooky panda
07-23-14, 07:20 AM
New bug or just me?
Try restarting your device or closing out your game.

sweetypies97
08-01-14, 01:20 AM
I'm having problems with the side shop too.

kooky panda
08-01-14, 08:47 AM
There is a new version update in the app store. Version 1.7.7.
I think there is a fix for this in this update.