PDA

View Full Version : Trade Ticket Strategy?

forkyfork99
04-01-14, 10:38 PM
Hello, I am trying to get to 99 tickets so I can unlock the tinker camp. However, it is slow moving and at times I don't always have enough resources to make a trade.

So I was wondering what YOUR strategy was to constantly supply materials for trading. And what trades you do the most and how you do them.

I also try and send my knights on adventure everyday. Should I stop doing that and focus on getting those trade tickets?

oliverrr11
04-01-14, 10:48 PM
No! Never stop sending the knights out! Make them earn their keep! For the exchange- cows and chickens! Cows and chickens! Do as many of the 2 hour ones that you can in a day. I don't know what level you are on but having 2 stables and 2 hatcheries is a must. Upgrade them to the max to quicken collect time. (Along with having 2 of every resource building).

ShibuyaCloth
04-02-14, 06:21 AM
Trade when you can, you will need around 750 of this buggers to expand, develop and build you kingdom. The tinker camp is an excellent addition to your kingdom to help the production.When I did that part I focused on trade to have enough tickets, I left most quests on the garage track (unless timed). Later in the life of your kingdom you will use the trades to flush your inventory overflow. So now a day, I make 1-3 trades a day, mostly to have my resources just below the 99 cap.

eepopp
04-02-14, 07:56 AM
Hello, I am trying to get to 99 tickets so I can unlock the tinker camp. However, it is slow moving and at times I don't always have enough resources to make a trade.

So I was wondering what YOUR strategy was to constantly supply materials for trading. And what trades you do the most and how you do them.

I also try and send my knights on adventure everyday. Should I stop doing that and focus on getting those trade tickets?

I'd like to highlight something ShibuyaCloth said: The golden rule/strategy of the Royal Exchange Trade is to flush your inventory overflow. Only use the Exchange to keep resources below the 99 inventory cap. If you find that you never have enough items in your inventory to kick off a trade, then you're potentially hobbling your ability to do quests and then you're just constantly playing catch up.

(As a an additional note, you may want to keep some items like Fur, Jewels and Glimmerdust below 90 so that your Kingdom trading partners can have the option to gift them to you.)

I alternate the trades of:

Eggs & Dairy Exchange (40 Milk, 25 Eggs - 2Hr trade) - It only uses 65 energy to collect them, and less if you have 2 Stables and 2 Hatcheries.
Meat Delivery (25 Roast Chicken, 25 Bacon, 25 Fish - 2Hr trade) - You'll end up spending more than 75 energy to obtain these items since Roast Chicken drops randomly (from Chickens and Hatcheries), and Fish don't always drop 100% from Ponds and Wells.

And when my inventory of Cow Hides, Wool and Fur each reach 90, I then do:

Trapper Trade (30 Hide, 15 Wool, 15 Fur - 4hr trade) - I usually let Wool and Fur Max out while waiting for the number of Hides reach 90.

When Troll Horns, Creep Tooth and Bones inventory each reach 90, I then do:

Troll Hunter Trade (20 Troll Horns, 20 Creep Tooth, 20 Bones - 6Hr trade)

I occasionally, but never usually do:

Magic Fruit Trade (60 Strawberries, 40 Glimmerbulbs, 6 Magic Fruit - 4Hr Trade <--requires 106 energy to obtain resources only just to get 15 energy back) - The return ratio on this Trade is absolutely ridiculous. You can only get 1 Magic Fruit per day from your Magic Garden, and after you spend all that energy to get the ingredients, you only get 15 energy back. Once I stopped doing this trade, I found I had more time (and energy) to devote towards completing quests in my questlog. You're better off collecting milk and eggs than doing this trade.

Trade with Belladonna (15 Living Wood, 30 Mushroom, 15 Rat Tails - 5hr trade) - Living Wood is too precious to waste on this trade. I reserve the use of Living Wood for Ornate Beams when my Living Wood inventory hits 90.

Jeweler's Trade (40 Water, 30 Glimmerdust, 30 Jewels - 3Hr trade) - To get all those resources requires using at least 100 energy. I would rather use the Glimmerdust towards Enchanted Essences and Super Glue. Jewels are absolutely necessary for Royal Beams/Blocks.

I never do:

Delicious Trade (2 Apple Pies, 2 Orange Cobbler, 2 Lemonade - 8Hr trade) - It's not worth the effort to gather all the ingredients, tie up my kitchens with cooking/baking, and then have the Royal Exchange building tied up for 8 hours for just 1 Gem.

Golden Trade (3 Golden Nuggets, 2 Golden Eggs, 1 Golden Apple - 10Hr trade) - Hoard your Golden items. Unless you have an obscene amount of these in your inventory, you're better off holding onto Golden items. Golden Nuggets and Golden Eggs are used in some building upgrades. Golden Nuggets have been known to be needed for some quests. If you really need gems, just do quests through your Castle daily. The quests have a chance to drop 0-8 Gems per adventure.

Trade the Fruit Farmers (50 Mushroom, 25 Truffles, 5 Magic Fruit - 2Hr Trade) - I have never found a good reason to do this trade except to just finish the non-core quest that unlocks it.

oliverrr11
04-02-14, 08:17 AM
eepopp, I respectfully disagree. While the exchange does get rid of excess, if you wait to be full on everything you will never get your tinker camp or expansion permits. What worked for me was whatever was ready to go- went. My exchange was going nonstop until I got what I needed for the camp, and until I got all the expansion permits to get fully expanded. Actually, it STILL is always going. Now hoarding trade tickets for future expansion permits.
I don't do the trades for the trade rewards (although they are nice to get). I do it for the trade tickets. If the button in the exchange lets you press it, then do it! Whatever has the lowest return time goes first to maximize the number of trades that can be done in a day.
- just my opinion

forkyfork99
04-02-14, 10:08 AM
EEpopp - thank you for that extensive list. A couple questions though.

1) You do not mention the 25 strawberries/5 sugar trade. I think that is your fruit trade before the upgrade. Where do you rank that on your list?
2) I do the meat delivery when I can, but I find that I often use the resources more in the kitchen - especially the fish for the simple feast. It's the only thing I can't get from the food trade. So that's why I originally asked about how to prioritize that vs. the adventures.

Queenzod
04-02-14, 10:23 AM
Oooo! Difference of opinion! That never happens around here, lol. I do exactly what eepopp does. I manage three or four (sometimes 5) trades a day. Everybody raves about the tinkers camp but I don't use it that much. I basically use it for making glue. Mine sits idle a lot. I just don't see the point of using up stuff just to use it up, then you have to expend more energy to return it to the number you've just reduced. I can use that energy in getting other stuff that I do need, or wasting it on boars. Sure, my magic fruit is probably all mushy by now, but, hey, it's MAGIC fruit, right? That means it doesn't rot or attract fruit flies.

But again, I only have about 250 trade tickets on hand, which Is prolly gonna hurt if we ever get more expansions, but I'll deal with that when it happens. I'm sure there's players here who have 500-600 trade tickets. I do find a tension between the meat exchange and trying to make spicy feasts, since they both require roast chicken. I only have 44 of those feasts stocked up now, and I have 75 of each of the others.

I guess what I'm saying is that you should figure out what works for you and your style of game play, Forkyfork. Maybe you'll like to do all the trades while keeping some of your inventory in great enough numbers for updates, or maybe just focusing on eggs and dairy with the meat one thrown in once a day or so works best for you. Experiment and see what you like best!

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-02-14, 10:47 AM
I kinda disagree with eepop too... If I had waited til everything was nearly maxed before I did a trade...well, I'd STILL be trying to get the tinker camp lol
Some of you guys are older players who already HAVE a full stock of everything & forget the days when you struggled to get stuff just for feasts on a daily basis...

I absolutely loved the strawberry & sugar trade in the beginning (miss it since fruit upgraded) & used it a lot. Yes it takes a lot of energy to get minor energy in return but all of them do & that's not the point. Strawberries have the highest return $-wise and in the beginning, you need a lot of that for buildings & expansions etc. It helped me build trade tickets fast...til it upgraded lol

I went for the tinker camp right out of the gate and haven't regretted it.. It has been making lanterns for me non-stop (for the expansions), leaving my workshops open to make beams & blocks, etc.

Then I got the chateau cuz that's what I was advised to do ...but it just sits there & gives me about $400 (I know I'll need it to welcome Greselda but I'm not even close to her lol) ... So now I'm working on expansion permits.

I use the milk & dairy as well as meat quite a bit... but I also actually like the delicious trade - have acquired quite a few gems (& tickets!) with that one.
(It takes 8 hrs, so that's the one I let run overnight)

Beyond the goal that makes you do it, don't trade tickets for stuff you can build in the workshop!

As far as the trapper & troll hunter trades...I *always* find I'm maxed on 1 or 2 of the required items and never the 3rd...so, I just keep a smaller minimum in stock of the one I'm always shy of (say, 15-25 of horns and fur ) and then send it out.

You'll find your best approach once you do more trades...but advice, get tinker camp first! You need it now, at your stage.

Good luck! :)

Ps. Don't do the gold trade... You will need ALL of those gold items in upcoming goals.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-02-14, 10:57 AM
PPS. Yes, send your knights out every day! ... Don't ***** them a meal to do meat trade, if you don't have enough meat. Go fishing ALOT & collect from piggies a lot lol. ... It really helps to have 2 each, hatcheries & stables, even if not upgraded.

forkyfork99
04-02-14, 11:10 AM
Ps. Don't do the gold trade... You will need ALL of those gold items in upcoming goals.

You mean the one that uses 20 creeptooth and 20 bones? Because I've been doing that one as soon as I hit 20 creeptooth (I've got more than 3x the bones, though). Should I be holding off? I like that one because it gives me coins.

What goals will I need it for?

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-02-14, 11:15 AM
No, I'm talking about the GOLD trade (apple, nugget, egg) ... If you don't have Sir W yet, you may not even have that trade in your Exchange...so, when you do get it, don't do it lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-02-14, 11:19 AM
Oops, I mean Sir P (I call him Sir Wigglesworth instead of whatever-his-name-really-is lol)

oliverrr11
04-02-14, 11:29 AM
Oh yeah, NorthWoods. I forgot about the ones that TAKE your trade tickets to give royal supplies and such. I never do those. Those are a waste of the trade tickets and will set you back big time in getting tinker camp. But do what you feel will work best for you. I personally think waiting for 90 of something is wasting a lot of trading time. If I have enough of what's needed, it goes! I'll get more.

forkyfork99
04-02-14, 11:33 AM
Oh yeah, NorthWoods. I forgot about the ones that TAKE your trade tickets to give royal supplies and such. I never do those. Those are a waste of the trade tickets and will set you back big time in getting tinker camp. But do what you feel will work best for you. I personally think waiting for 90 of something is wasting a lot of trading time. If I have enough of what's needed, it goes! I'll get more.

I admit that when I was starting out I used up 10 trade tickets for enchanted building supplies. Normally, I wouldn't have done that, but my goal was to make any trade ticket exchange, so I took it. 10 seemed a lot less than 99 at the time. LOL.

forkyfork99
04-02-14, 11:35 AM
No, I'm talking about the GOLD trade (apple, nugget, egg) ... If you don't have Sir W yet, you may not even have that trade in your Exchange...so, when you do get it, don't do it lol

Oh okay. Yeah, I'm working on getting Sir P but I have yet to get an elusive golden apple. One day. *sigh*

But the creeptooth and bones are fine to do, right? I won't be needing that stuff anytime soon.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-02-14, 11:36 AM
I admit that when I was starting out I used up 10 trade tickets for enchanted building supplies. Normally, I wouldn't have done that, but my goal was to make any trade ticket exchange, so I took it. 10 seemed a lot less than 99 at the time. LOL.

Yeah, that was a goal in your book, right? ...you kinda had to do that one (& better than the one that asks for 20 to get ornate stuff) but don't do anymore of those, tickets are too valuable.

Ps. YES... send those teeth and bones OUT! .. Good one to do (& it will also upgrade to include horns when you start getting trolls)

forkyfork99
04-02-14, 11:40 AM
Yeah, that was a goal in your book, right? ...you kinda had to do that one (& better than the one that asks for 20 to get ornate stuff) but don't do anymore of those, tickets are too valuable.

Ps. YES... send those teeth and bones OUT! .. Good one to do (& it will also upgrade to include horns when you start getting trolls)

Actually I have started getting trolls but it hasn't asked me to upgrade yet. Hmm.

I haven't found Thurston's pants yet, though, so maybe it's waiting for that?

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-02-14, 11:46 AM
Actually I have started getting trolls but it hasn't asked me to upgrade yet. Hmm.

I haven't found Thurston's pants yet, though, so maybe it's waiting for that?

I honestly don't recall what actually sparked that trade to upgrade up ..maybe after slaying a certain number of trolls??..or maybe it was after doing so many of the teeth/bones exchanges ...but the horn is what I'm always shy of now, for that...so now that you just have teeth/bones exchange, wear it out til you can't anymore lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-02-14, 11:50 AM
Oh! ...there is a tidbit of good news, when certain trades upgrade up... You get 5 trade tickets, just cuz it upgraded :)

forkyfork99
04-02-14, 11:52 AM
Oh! ...there is a tidbit of good news, when certain trades upgrade up... You get 5 trade tickets, just cuz it upgraded :)

Silly question - will it ask me to upgrade or just do it for me?

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-02-14, 11:55 AM
When you hit that point, it just does it... Puts a lil dialogue on your screen to let you know, gives you 5 trade tickets (1 time only deal on each upgrade) & bam, it's in your exchange.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-02-14, 11:57 AM
*some* new exchanges require you to pay for it though ... The gold exchange is one...trade with Bella Donna is another ...and can't remember if there's more lol
But *upgrades* to existing trades are automatic.

eepopp
04-02-14, 12:17 PM
eepopp, I respectfully disagree. While the exchange does get rid of excess, if you wait to be full on everything you will never get your tinker camp or expansion permits. What worked for me was whatever was ready to go- went. My exchange was going nonstop until I got what I needed for the camp, and until I got all the expansion permits to get fully expanded. Actually, it STILL is always going. Now hoarding trade tickets for future expansion permits.
I don't do the trades for the trade rewards (although they are nice to get). I do it for the trade tickets. If the button in the exchange lets you press it, then do it! Whatever has the lowest return time goes first to maximize the number of trades that can be done in a day.
- just my opinion

When game updates weren't as consistent as they are now, I did the exact same thing of just clicking all available Trades when they were available, but then around late October/November/December of 2013, TeamLava went into Game Update overdrive delivering many inventory/resource-intensive quests (which I loved by the way).

When many of those time limited updates came out (Glimmerbat Habitat, Thanksgiving Animals, Kingdom Inn/Stable), I found my inventories sorely inadequate to achieve those goals. And then when the Faerie Respite and subsequent quests came out in January, I decided that I needed to reverse my strategy about Inventory management and the Royal Exchange. Those constant 48 hour letters to Agnes during the Blythewood quests (Parts 1-3) were huge hindrances to getting Trade Tickets, and I used all the down times to build up / rebuild my inventories.

The OP asked what strategies we all use, and I explained my current strategy, along with an opinion upon each trade as to why some trades are better than others. This is what works for me, and I explained why.

I respect that you disagree with the inventory top-off strategy. We all play this game differently.

(If you'll note, I whole-heartedly agree with you that the Egg/Milk Exchange is the most ideal trade to make since it offers the best Ticket exchange return rate.)

Anyway, using this strategy, I made 10 Expansion Permits, spent 5 on the last Expansion Plot, have 5 Expansion permits banked, and am still growing my Trade Permit inventory (currently at 39). I tend to do 3-4 Trades per day (Egg/Dairy (x2/day), Meat Delivery (x1-2/day), Trapper /Trade (x1/day) and Troll Hunter Trade (x1 every 2 days), so I expect that when TeamLava adds future Expansion areas, that I'll have enough Permits and Tickets banked to unlock those areas quickly (unless there are huge Wisp Lantern requirements). In a 30 day period, I estimate I will get 90-100+ trade tickets. To me, that's an acceptable return on my current Royal Exchange strategy. Others may be able to make more, but I'm happy with that return.

Please also understand, I tend to finish quests quickly because I have resources on hand, and when my quest book disappears, I refocus my attention to personal goals like topping off my inventory and making Trade Tickets with the laser focus of a Wave Motion *** (Starblazer/Yamato reference. :) ). I top off my inventories for my "fun". QueenZod (Hi!) says that she always had a huge number of each feasts on hand, which I think is amazing (and a personal challenge to meet one day). Between my Castle and Barracks, I have a tough enough time maintaining 4 of each.

Anyway, we all play the game differently, and between quest updates, Inventory Management and the Royal Exchange is my way to have fun. I also get as much fun out of reading posts on the forums (your included) as I do playing the game.

EEpopp - thank you for that extensive list. A couple questions though.

1) You do not mention the 25 strawberries/5 sugar trade. I think that is your fruit trade before the upgrade. Where do you rank that on your list?
2) I do the meat delivery when I can, but I find that I often use the resources more in the kitchen - especially the fish for the simple feast. It's the only thing I can't get from the food trade. So that's why I originally asked about how to prioritize that vs. the adventures.

To answer your questions:
1) The Strawberry/Sugar trade disappears. I believe it disappears once you collect a glimmerbulb. If you can do as many strawberry/sugar trades as you can, I rank that as #1. Avoid the collecting from places that may drop a glimmerbulb (like Sir Piggy, the Purple Cow, and I think the Magic Garden?).

2) If you were asking about using fish for feasts for adventures vs an exchange trade, I guess it just boils down to how many wells/ponds you can fit to increase the fish flow into your kingdom.

Once you have a consistent source of fish, fish don't really become an issue. I would suggest making wells. Wells have a smaller 1 plot footprint (vs a Pond that takes 4 plots), and have a shorter recharge time. If you can, try and make at least 4 wells to replace 1 Pond. . (If you're working on the latest Troll quest, please note that the new Butterfish and Catfish only drop from Ponds).

ciarjen
04-02-14, 12:44 PM

I am playing with a second account now which has about 40 trade tickets, saving up for the tinker camp. I made the mistake in my main account of rushing to get the trade tickets as soon as I had enough resource to send them.

On my new account I now just sent exchanges on easy to accumulate items such as milk, eggs, fish, bacon and chicken. I can get one or two tickets per day so a tinker camp wont take too long to get.

The problem with exchanging other resources is that they can take a lot of time to replenish and cost a lot of energy, particularly if you need them quickly. Imagine tomorrow if you got a quest or there was a new update which said "give 100 bones". How long would it take to get that? If the quest had to be done in a limited time, it could cost a lot of energy or gems to do it and the rest of the gameplay could suffer, or you may not even be able to complete the quest and miss out on a limited availability item. Weight that against it being worth getting 1 trade ticket out of 99.

So I prefer to keep some items as close to max possible and only trade when I know I will still have plenty left.

I actually did the 25k coin trade yesterday so that I could expand to the troll pit. I still have enough resource to do another one, but I won't until I build up stock again of those horns and bones.

oliverrr11
04-02-14, 12:48 PM
Wow! eepopp! I think I just did 3 exchanges while you wrote all that! Lol! Just kidding! It was nice of you to take the time. :) I respect your views also. Whatever works for you is the way to go. Both have pros and cons. Me? I'm a spender. I get it and it goes. Just like money in real life! Lol!

forkyfork99
04-02-14, 04:16 PM
Thank you everyone for being so thorough. This just goes to show you how much strategy is involved in this game and it's a lot more than just "sitting around waiting for stuff to happen" (although there is some of that too - LOL).

I don't know if I will ever be maxed out on resources for trading, but I am finding I'm maxed on other resources, so I have started to build things just so they don't reach their 99 cap. For example, I'm pretty much maxed out on sap so I'm building simple glues and fancy beams even though I don't have an immediate need for them (but I know I will down the road). Same with silver ore.

I'm going to focus as much as I can on the milk & eggs trade. I bought some more cows (I'm up to 8, how many would you recommend?) and I have 6 chickens. I also bought another stable and hatchery. I'm in the process of upgrading my original 2 to level 3 (it's part of my goals anyway). A big prohibiting factor for me is money, and the upgrades always cost a lot so I have to space them out. I don't think I've ever been over 100k because I'm always spending it on something LOL.

forkyfork99
04-02-14, 04:46 PM
I honestly don't recall what actually sparked that trade to upgrade up ..maybe after slaying a certain number of trolls??..or maybe it was after doing so many of the teeth/bones exchanges ...but the horn is what I'm always shy of now, for that...so now that you just have teeth/bones exchange, wear it out til you can't anymore lol

Speak of the devil (or should I say troll?) it JUST upgraded my trade route. Looks like you have to first encounter the trolls, and THEN make a horn/bone trade route. I notice I need the same number of creeptooth but now I need troll horns as well. *sigh*. And it takes 6 hours. I forsee me not using this trade route very much.

vic041791
04-02-14, 04:51 PM
I lost all of my dragon story data

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-02-14, 05:01 PM
I don't think you need to buy any more cows... I've managed with only 4 (well now 5, courtesy of my knights :))and 2 stables, because the black/white cows are ready for collection again in just 10 minutes. Same with chickens. You have enough, save the $.
If you regularly collect from your stables & hatcheries every time they're ready during the day, you'll find that you can slack off on collecting from the animals as much. But that's just my opinion, obviously. I'm sure someone else would tell you differently. In CS, it's all a balancing act & everyone has their own approach.

In the beginning, coins are always an issue cuz you need to buy so much stuff. I laugh when old timers talk about having millions and it's no big deal to plop down $200k in 24 hrs for auction ingots (this was back at Valentine's) lol ... It took me daysssssss to get up the $300k to open the roost plot today (& $500k pet skunkupine has been in my book for weeks lol).
I figure the money will come & in the meantime, weigh for yourself where to best allocate your funds.

Drat, sorry your monster trade upgraded on ya lol...yeah, you'll find the horns are harder to come by than the teeth or bones.

As far as being scared about giving something to the Exchange that you may or may not need for a goal or quest (which was mentioned above by another player), that's the awesome thing about this forum. There are threads for game goals and all kinds of things on here that were painstakingly compiled by moderators and others, which are invaluable resources. They'll give you a head's up about what's around the corner for you so you'll KNOW what resources to hold onto, just takes a little digging.

But, you're well on your way... Again, best of luck. Happy to help. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-02-14, 05:07 PM
I lost all of my dragon story data

Sweetie, you're in the wrong thread on the wrong forum lol...this is for Castle Story.

hhsix3
04-02-14, 05:08 PM
I remember having to use creep tooth & bones to upgrade a building, though I don't remember which one.

Queenzod
04-02-14, 05:30 PM
As to how many animals to have, my recommendation is to have just enough so you can collect from them as frequently as possible. It's fine to have 20 chickens and cows, but if you don't collect from them b/c you've got so much stuff going on, then why have so many. If you only have 3 of each but can collect from them frequently, you're going to build up your inventory faster. At least that's my strategy. Plus, I don't like seeing all those collection signs bouncing around constantly. Makes me nervous. Currently, I've got 6 chickens, 3 black and white cows and 4 regular cows, and it's a bit too much. I'm thinking of cutting back to 4 chickens and 1 or 2 black and white cows. Good luck!

eepopp
04-02-14, 05:46 PM
As to how many animals to have, my recommendation is to have just enough so you can collect from them as frequently as possible. It's fine to have 20 chickens and cows, but if you don't collect from them b/c you've got so much stuff going on, then why have so many. If you only have 3 of each but can collect from them frequently, you're going to build up your inventory faster. At least that's my strategy. Plus, I don't like seeing all those collection signs bouncing around constantly. Makes me nervous. Currently, I've got 6 chickens, 3 black and white cows and 4 regular cows, and it's a bit too much. I'm thinking of cutting back to 4 chickens and 1 or 2 black and white cows. Good luck!

When I started, I had the two Stables and two Hatcheries, and 6 cows and 6 sheep. When I was able to expand my kingdom a bit more, I increased their numbers accordingly.

Now I have a corner set aside with 15 chickens and 16 cows near the Hatcheries and Stables. This allows me to feed the Royal Exchange plus offer enough resources for Ice Cream and Noodles. I shrink their numbers if I need the room, but I always try to keep 12 chickens out since Noodles cost 12 eggs to make.

http://i58.tinypic.com/ilhb91.jpg

Edit: I forgot to mention that I use hedges to create separation between the animals. This helps me from tapping the wrong animal. I also use the Menu-->Social-->Neighbor trick to fast spawn collections.

Queenzod
04-02-14, 06:12 PM
When I started, I had the two Stables and two Hatcheries, and 6 cows and 6 sheep. When I was able to expand my kingdom a bit more, I increased their numbers accordingly.

Now I have a corner set aside with 15 chickens and 16 cows near the Hatcheries and Stables. This allows me to feed the Royal Exchange plus offer enough resources for Ice Cream and Noodles. I shrink their numbers if I need the room, but I always try to keep 12 chickens out since Noodles cost 12 eggs to make.

http://i58.tinypic.com/ilhb91.jpg

Edit: I forgot to mention that I use hedges to create separation between the animals. This helps me from tapping the wrong animal. I also use the Menu-->Social-->Neighbor trick to fast spawn collections.

Ya, see all those yellow arrows and watering cans? That would drive me insane! I can't calm down and enjoy the game if it's always screaming at me to COLLECT! COLLECT NOW! :p

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-02-14, 06:15 PM
Ya, see all those yellow arrows and watering cans? That would drive me insane! I can't calm down and enjoy the game if it's always screaming at me to COLLECT! COLLECT NOW! :p
LOL, I'm with you, Queenzod...looks nice (in edit mode) but wayyyy too busy for my taste lol.
Besides, I'm not going to spend all of my energy in one go, just collecting from animals; I have too many other things to do, so that is way too many animals, for my queendom...but to each his/her own. :)

forkyfork99
04-02-14, 06:49 PM

Er which trick is this? Can you explain in more detail?

Gabi2111
04-02-14, 08:37 PM

How does that trick work? You left me completely clueless here

eepopp
04-02-14, 08:48 PM
Er which trick is this? Can you explain in more detail?

It's a variation of something that kooky panda said in a Tips and Tricks thread, but just a different way to perform.

Another way to speed up your actions: Grab your notification screen at the top of your device and pull it down then back up, and all actions of your character that you are waiting on will complete.

The Notification screen that kooky is referring to is the IOS Notification pull down screen. Just drag your finger from the top of your screen to make the "pull down tab" appear, then pull the tab down.

The way I do it (and because it's easier in my mind to use in-game buttons)
1) rapidly click on multiple items to collect (ponds, wells, buildings, animals), <--this queues collection
2) while your avatar is running from collection to collection, Select Menu-->Social-->Neighbors, and then
3) close the Neighbor list window

This essentially forces your game to call up your Neighbors List. You don't have to wait for the list to appear..., but once you dismiss the window and return to your kingdom, everything that your avatar has selected will spit out (unless a monster is triggered, at which point the "stuff" that gets spit out stops where the monster spawns).

If you need to cancel a queued action in step 1, you can cancel by hitting Edit. That will only work while queuing. If you called up the Neighbor List (or pull down the IOS Notification screen/tab), it's too late.

Note: Sometimes, you may need to flip between the Neighbor and Community Tabs to trigger the auto-spawn function.

oliverrr11
04-02-14, 09:09 PM
Where did everybody's animals get their military training? I can't get mine to line up. They just go wherever they want

http://i501.photobucket.com/albums/e415/oliverrr11/0737896D-CB6A-48F7-9EEA-F87A62708F1F_zps15vlex3q.jpg (http://s501.photobucket.com/user/oliverrr11/media/0737896D-CB6A-48F7-9EEA-F87A62708F1F_zps15vlex3q.jpg.html)

Gabi2111
04-02-14, 09:18 PM
Where did everybody's animals get their military training? I can't get mine to line up. They just go wherever they want

The whip won't work. Basically you try giving them treats for being a good cow/pig/chicken and lining up nicely. Begging might help too.

Other then that, you might rather enjoy the way your animals look...lol. I think it looks pretty in your kingdom

eepopp
04-02-14, 09:19 PM

That type of meandering chaos would drive the OCD-ness of mine insane. :D

oliverrr11
04-02-14, 09:48 PM
That type of meandering chaos would drive the OCD-ness of mine insane. :D

Thanks Gabi! :)

Ooooh! eepopp! Look!.... Is that a ROYAL COW I have next to lower ranking animals??? Oh, and is that purple cow and pink chicken near the top actually SEPERATED from the other animals??? And OMG! don't tell me that cow has his head through the hedges!!!......

Lol! How am I doing???

Queenzod
04-02-14, 09:54 PM
Thanks Gabi! :)

Ooooh! eepopp! Look!.... Is that a ROYAL COW next to lower ranking animals??? Oh, and is that purple cow and pink chicken near the top actually SEPERATED from the other animals??? And OMG! don't tell me that cow has his head through the hedges!!!......

Lol! How am I doing???

Not only that, there are THREE white pigs that aren't together! Arghgh! Make it stop!

How can you *live* like that? >shudder<

eepopp
04-02-14, 10:35 PM
Not only that, there are THREE white pigs that aren't together! Arghgh! Make it stop!

How can you *live* like that? >shudder<

...because they are just livestock penned in a corner of my kingdom, while my really precious animals live large next to my castle?

http://i59.tinypic.com/11ch4w9.jpg

ghjvcucjb
04-03-14, 01:04 AM

http://i501.photobucket.com/albums/e415/oliverrr11/0737896D-CB6A-48F7-9EEA-F87A62708F1F_zps15vlex3q.jpg (http://s501.photobucket.com/user/oliverrr11/media/0737896D-CB6A-48F7-9EEA-F87A62708F1F_zps15vlex3q.jpg.html)

I got mine to line up once but several of my neighbors gave the poor cows complexes by posting jokes about them smelling each others rear ends. So now I have them all nibbling on mushroom rings and flowers. You wouldn't believe how sensitive cows are. The chickens couldn't care less.

ciarjen
04-03-14, 01:35 AM
I don't know if I will ever be maxed out on resources for trading, but I am finding I'm maxed on other resources, so I have started to build things just so they don't reach their 99 cap. For example, I'm pretty much maxed out on sap so I'm building simple glues and fancy beams even though I don't have an immediate need for them (but I know I will down the road). Same with silver ore.

This is a good strategy. I didn't do it with my first account as I was so focused on getting goals completed that I had a lot of resources maxed out and messages of "you can't hold any more", only to find later that I needed more stone and wood.

With my second account I always make something with a resource that is up to max before I collect again. Today I am making 15 minute stone blocks and earth wisps before I collect from the mines. The goals are taking longer to complete but I will have the stuff when I need it later on.

forkyfork99
04-03-14, 08:35 AM
This is a good strategy. I didn't do it with my first account as I was so focused on getting goals completed that I had a lot of resources maxed out and messages of "you can't hold any more", only to find later that I needed more stone and wood.

With my second account I always make something with a resource that is up to max before I collect again. Today I am making 15 minute stone blocks and earth wisps before I collect from the mines. The goals are taking longer to complete but I will have the stuff when I need it later on.

Indeed. Another thing I like to do is look ahead and see what I might need for a future goal, so my crafting shops don't sit idle. For instance, I'm building enchanted essence in my shops because I know they pop up in a future goal, and my potion shop isn't really doing much anyway.

Of course, sometimes I still get screwed. For instance, I built a hearty stew last night because I had excess resources, and today, now that I passed level 20, it asked me to cook one - but I'm all outta carrots so I have to wait another day. Apparently the one I cooked last night isn't good enough. Curse you game!!

zoo123g
04-03-14, 08:45 AM
eggs and dairy- only 2 hours

ciarjen
04-03-14, 08:55 AM
Indeed. Another thing I like to do is look ahead and see what I might need for a future goal, so my crafting shops don't sit idle. For instance, I'm building enchanted essence in my shops because I know they pop up in a future goal, and my potion shop isn't really doing much anyway.

Of course, sometimes I still get screwed. For instance, I built a hearty stew last night because I had excess resources, and today, now that I passed level 20, it asked me to cook one - but I'm all outta carrots so I have to wait another day. Apparently the one I cooked last night isn't good enough. Curse you game!!

Checking out future goals is great. We are lucky all the information is on the forum :)

With carrots I set aside 6 plots and just planted and then re-planted them daily until I got to maximum - it took me about 2 weeks. If I ever use any now, I then make sure I replant them the same day to keep the stocks up. The same with cabbages, I keep at maximum.

Whenever I collect from a resource, I tap market and inventory and check my stock levels.

eepopp
04-03-14, 11:39 AM
And with today's announcement of SIX new expansion areas available, discussions of generating Trade Tickets strategy is going to go through the roof for the next week.

ghjvcucjb
04-03-14, 11:45 AM
I have 357 trade tickets and 13 expansion permits. As of this morning will be Focusing on chickens and cows to do as many 2 hour trades as possible then will do expansion permits every evening. Will supplement the egg/milk trade with the bacon/fish/roasted chicken trades.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-03-14, 11:50 AM
I have 357 trade tickets and 13 expansion permits....(edit).

WOW!!! ... How long does one have to play to get that many? Holy CS COWS!
(So, I take it the 99-maximum obviously doesn't apply to trade tickets, then. Again, wow. Lol)

ghjvcucjb
04-03-14, 01:27 PM
WOW!!! ... How long does one have to play to get that many? Holy CS COWS!
(So, I take it the 99-maximum obviously doesn't apply to trade tickets, then. Again, wow. Lol)

At one time had over 600? Tickets, did the last set of expansions in 48 hours. Built them back up to 500 and started crafting permits a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of upcoming expansions. Have enough permits for all expansions but ran out of lanterns, lol. So will take a few days to build those up again. With very few exceptions (stupid Agnes letters) I have my exchange going at all times.

forkyfork99
04-03-14, 02:49 PM
Should I pay 20,000 to establish a delicious trade route? Will this prevent me from doing anything else or upgrade something I already have?

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-03-14, 03:00 PM
Yep...that opens the trade of 2 apple pies, 2 orange cobblers & 2 lemonades in exchange for 1 gem (takes 8 hrs).
That's the one I was talking about earlier in the thread (I know some don't like it) that I like to run overnight... I've acquired quite a few gems & tickets with it. :)

Ps it's not necessary to further the main storyline but won't prevent anything either.

forkyfork99
04-03-14, 03:06 PM
Yep...that opens the trade of 2 apple pies, 2 orange cobblers & 2 lemonades in exchange for 1 gem (takes 8 hrs).
That's the one I was talking about earlier in the thread (I know some don't like it) that I like to run overnight... I've acquired quite a few gems & tickets with it. :)

Ps it's not necessary to further the main storyline but won't prevent anything either.

Hmmm okay. So it sounds like it won't hurt anything if I buy it, although 20,000 coins is precious to me right now and I don't forsee myself using it anytime soon. So maybe I should just wait. I also have an apple tree and an orange tree, but no lemon yet, so maybe I should wait until i get one of those too?

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-03-14, 03:09 PM
Hmmm okay. So it sounds like it won't hurt anything if I buy it, although 20,000 coins is precious to me right now and I don't forsee myself using it anytime soon. So maybe I should just wait. I also have an apple tree and an orange tree, but no lemon yet, so maybe I should wait until i get one of those too?
If you don't yet have the lemon tree, you're right ... Use the $20k for an upgrade or something ... But you'll need that tree; I'm surprised Old Thomas hasn't asked you for lemonade yet, since you got the delicious trade to pop up lol.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-03-14, 03:12 PM
Ps. Maybe you'll get lucky and your knights will bring you a lemon tree like they did me. :)

meme1098
04-03-14, 03:15 PM
I have 6 lemon tress all from adventures though I couldn't tell you which one. Wish I could gift you one, forkyfork.
Guess I need to go to the suggestion thread with that one.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-03-14, 03:17 PM
Yeah, to be able to gift from our inventories or trade items amongst Nbors would be AWESOME (& has been suggested, several times lol) ... I got my lemon tree from ancient vaults adventure. Apple tree came from bandits adventure, I believe...but I'm sure they're interchangeable.

belbar22
04-03-14, 03:31 PM
At one time had over 600? Tickets, did the last set of expansions in 48 hours. Built them back up to 500 and started crafting permits a couple of weeks ago in anticipation of upcoming expansions. Have enough permits for all expansions but ran out of lanterns, lol. So will take a few days to build those up again. With very few exceptions (stupid Agnes letters) I have my exchange going at all times.

Double WOW. As of this morning, I still needed 4 tickets for my last expansion. Now I need a whole lot more. My exchange has been underused this week as I have spent all my energy on harvesting strawberries, although normally I have trades going round the clock. Will spend this week focusing on collecting tickets as long as my current adventure brings back a pelt and I can complete the troll quest line.

Queenzod
04-03-14, 04:16 PM
Double WOW. As of this morning, I still needed 4 tickets for my last expansion. Now I need a whole lot more. My exchange has been underused this week as I have spent all my energy on harvesting strawberries, although normally I have trades going round the clock. Will spend this week focusing on collecting tickets as long as my current adventure brings back a pelt and I can complete the troll quest line.

It took me several months last time to do the last expansion 'cos I was short of tickets, too. But I don't mind. I do have plenty of room. I just like lots and lots of green lawn. I am soooo grateful to have more room!

belbar22
04-03-14, 04:40 PM
It took me several months last time to do the last expansion 'cos I was short of tickets, too. But I don't mind. I do have plenty of room. I just like lots and lots of green lawn. I am soooo grateful to have more room!

My kingdom is getting a little crowded but I did an expansion this morning which helped. I am happy to gradually expand. No real rush as long as they don't release too many more large items (although I see a new castle is on its way).

carebear8724
04-09-14, 10:36 PM
I don't know if this has already been asked, but I have been saving up forever for my tinker camp and I was just searching through my market to waste sometime while waiting for more energy. I realized that it is in the market as well blocked by a goal? Does this mean that I can't get it even if I have the tickets or does it mean that I can spend my tickets on something else and wait for a quest line that unlocks it?

ciarjen
04-10-14, 12:57 AM
I don't know if this has already been asked, but I have been saving up forever for my tinker camp and I was just searching through my market to waste sometime while waiting for more energy. I realized that it is in the market as well blocked by a goal? Does this mean that I can't get it even if I have the tickets or does it mean that I can spend my tickets on something else and wait for a quest line that unlocks it?

When you have the 99 trade tickets you need to open up the camp. It takes about 18 hours and you do it in the Royal exchange.

carebear8724
04-10-14, 05:04 PM
Thanks ciarjen