PDA

View Full Version : Guide to Gifting - Mystic Maps & Gold

kerriescastro
03-30-14, 02:37 PM
After searching for a while, I found the following, TeamLava's Guide to Gifting (http://blog.teamlava.com/post/25542981207/teamlavas-guide-to-gifting), to be most useful as it explains how gifting (sending & receiving Gold & Mystic Maps) works in Dragon Story (and 'gifting' other TeamLava games).
Also useful to note that the 'Gifting Counter' is reset at 12:00 am PT (Pacific Time), every day.

Regarding the limit of receiving 20 Mystic Maps per day, I believe the true limit is 21, as explained here Is there a limit on Mystic Maps? (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?57294-Is-there-a-limit-on-Mystic-Maps&p=690662&viewfull=1#post690662)
since I regularly receive 21 Mystic Maps per day.

zerpiah
03-31-14, 01:10 AM
"The gifting mechanics in Dragon Story and Pet Hotel Story behave a little differently. You have the ability to gift Gold in Dragon Story and Gems in Pet Hotel Story. You can gift up to 3 Gold/Gems each day; 1 each to three of your Neighbors. If you select more than 3 neighbors to gift Gold or Gems, the game will randomly select 3 from the list of selected friends."

No wonder i cant gift my neighbours. Thats stupid. I have goals where i need a purple dragon and it cost 200 gold, i cant buy it for coins. How am i suppose to get 200 gold when i can only recieve 3 gold a day and sometimes i get none (im still new to the game).
The prices makes no sense to me. Can someone explain how to get gold faster for all these expensive dragons? Ty

ciarjen
03-31-14, 02:20 AM
"The gifting mechanics in Dragon Story and Pet Hotel Story behave a little differently. You have the ability to gift Gold in Dragon Story and Gems in Pet Hotel Story. You can gift up to 3 Gold/Gems each day; 1 each to three of your Neighbors. If you select more than 3 neighbors to gift Gold or Gems, the game will randomly select 3 from the list of selected friends."

No wonder i cant gift my neighbours. Thats stupid. I have goals where i need a purple dragon and it cost 200 gold, i cant buy it for coins. How am i suppose to get 200 gold when i can only recieve 3 gold a day and sometimes i get none (im still new to the game).
The prices makes no sense to me. Can someone explain how to get gold faster for all these expensive dragons? Ty

The purple dragon (Magic) is very easy to breed as it is a common type. You put a red and a blue dragon in the breeding den together. With that combination there are three possible outcomes Magic, Athletic and Tropic.

The way to obtain gold is to buy it with real money; that's the whole point of it but the game does offer you ways of collecting small quantities yourself like through the gifting and the Fire dragon quest.

GooglyMoogly22
03-31-14, 09:45 PM
The fire dragon quest pays gold?? I did it dozens of times and only ever got coins. Anyway, another way to get gold is to play all the other TeamLava games that offer you gold to play them. Usually, it's 30 gold to install the game, then 15 more to reach X level and 15 more gold to reach XX level. These are usually pop ups that you will see when you start the game each day or you can see these quests to play other games in your quest log (click the book).

maguar
04-01-14, 02:53 AM
The fire dragon quest pays gold?? I did it dozens of times and only ever got coins. Anyway, another way to get gold is to play all the other TeamLava games that offer you gold to play them. Usually, it's 30 gold to install the game, then 15 more to reach X level and 15 more gold to reach XX level. These are usually pop ups that you will see when you start the game each day or you can see these quests to play other games in your quest log (click the book).
While iOS users can get promotional goals to download and play other games they don't get gold for this. There are other goals that can give gold.

dangerb0y
04-01-14, 08:16 AM
Gifting gold...
When gifting gold, gift one player at a time. When you gift one at a time, it removes your neighbor from the list of users who have gifted. If you gift three neighbors at one time, it DOES NOT remove them from the list. So then you are stuck wondering who you gifted last.

dangerb0y
04-01-14, 08:22 AM
While iOS users can get promotional goals to download and play other games they don't get gold for this. There are other goals that can give gold.

I highly recommend iOS users download the games when it shows up in their quest log. When you download and/or reach a certain level, dragon story will open up a beneficial unique quest.
(I hope that is ok to say, delete if not)

SaTy22
04-02-14, 04:19 PM

That doesnt seem to depend on the OS.

My wife and I playing both on android devices, both the same version of the game (some dozen behind iOS). When I get the quest for playing new TL Games like "bakery story springttime", I gain 40 Gold for the first quest and 20 for subsequent quests. She only gets 20/10, but therefore has a getJar-Button that lets her gain 6-8 Gold for downloading several 3rd-party-apps from the play store.
Furthermore she has the Option to buy 20 Gold for about 90 Cent, but she can't buy 2900 GOld for about 80 Euro, what I can do.

I tried with reinstalling, installing seasonal versions and so on, but the exact version delivered to your device seems to depend just on your Storm8-ID