PDA

View Full Version : Anyone suffering from newspaper/shop "reduced" functionality?

chuckyt888
03-30-14, 08:39 AM
I sold a ton of items yesterday. I had 2 pages of newspaper to go through. Now I only have one page and things that would sell instantly just sit there. I posted this in the bug/issue section, but I have a suspicion people who buy and sell a lot are getting punished with reduced shop/newspaper functionality. Either that or its a bug. I think heavy buyers and sellers are getting categorized. It's not fair IMO.

I showed my daughter some tips to buying/selling and I'm sure the same is going to happen to her. She currently has the same functionality I had yesterday but I'm sure she will see the same thing happen.

I see some people saying they have 6 pages of newspaper items. I see some people say they have a lot of pages but its filled with 90% neighbor items.

There's clear something not right. I just hope heavy newspaper users are t getting punished but it certainly looks that way. With my current situation, I can't buy/sell and it is going to drastically reduce the enjoyment I get from the game and the time I spend playing it.

orleansparish
03-30-14, 09:45 AM
My items listed always sell out in under two days. I have 9 slots now. I also have two pages in the stand. My problem is that before when the stand reset or if I used gems to load it quicker, I'd get items from a new set of sellers.

This week I've noticed, from five reloads using gems, the newstand items just reshuffled! With the same items from the same sellers. Talk about being peeved. I hope this is a short time thing. Needless to say no more gems will be used by me.

I used to use them because no way would I be patient enough to save for an animal or decor. And if I needed something really badly I'd keep checking for it. Now it's a fruitless waste of time.

cosmolife
03-30-14, 10:33 AM
I am also a heavy seller. After I bought the banana trees, which cost 80,000....I made all that money back within 1.5 days. My shop is working fine.

I used to get "dead" hours during which I couldn't sell a single thing. But TL staff gave us a tip to get our shops going when we get stuck. Have you tried to use the tip yet? Idk how to post the link to the tip, but scroll down a bit and read the previous threads and you'll find it :)

chuckyt888
03-30-14, 11:14 AM
Hi thanks for the reply. Can you give me the title of the post? Thanks!

kane518
04-03-14, 07:26 AM
I am also a heavy seller. After I bought the banana trees, which cost 80,000....I made all that money back within 1.5 days.

$80K in 1.5 days?? Wow! What are you selling?!

Clark_Wayne
04-06-14, 07:22 AM
Yeah please tell us the title or give us the link. Thx

I am also a heavy seller. After I bought the banana trees, which cost 80,000....I made all that money back within 1.5 days. My shop is working fine.

I used to get "dead" hours during which I couldn't sell a single thing. But TL staff gave us a tip to get our shops going when we get stuck. Have you tried to use the tip yet? Idk how to post the link to the tip, but scroll down a bit and read the previous threads and you'll find it :)

ciarjen
04-06-14, 07:44 AM
Yeah please tell us the title or give us the link. Thx

I think the idea is that if you get one slot free and put something new up for sale it puts your other items back in the rotation of the newspaper.

I've not found it work like that for me. The other day I had hours available to play the game yet only one slot was free and I kept putting something new in to sell. It did sell but nothing else did and I had items for sale at market and below market rate.

I've got the same problem today. The whole game is at a standstill because stock is not selling. I have got the time available to craft and put up for sale, so there is the potential to earn coins......I just can't sell much.

It never used to be like this. One of the things which attracted me to the game was the fact that you could do something anytime you logged on.

cosmolife
04-06-14, 08:07 AM
The title of the thread is: "No Sideshop Customers - Seems Broken - Help Please"

I copied and pasted the tip here:

"When you sell your items in the Side Shop, it will remain in the News Stand and then other items will be rotated in. To get your items in the rotation again, you can add more items to empty Slots to trigger your items into the News Stand."

tankerslacers
04-06-14, 03:55 PM
Yes, the newspaper items are moving v-e-r-y s--l--o--w--l--y today! Frustrating.