PDA

View Full Version : What should I spend gems on?

greywagtail
03-29-14, 04:42 AM
I have 245 gems and wondered what to spend it on. Have 2 Wizard schools, Royal Manor, Barracks + Royal Pig, Royal Sheep, Pink Alicorns . . .

One possibility is to buy more fruit trees to speed up the Delicious Trade but that does not seem very exciting

I was looking for Glimmerdust troves but they don't seem to be available any more.

Or should I save up for more gems for something else :confused:

ciarjen
03-29-14, 04:56 AM
I have 245 gems and wondered what to spend it on. Have 2 Wizard schools, Royal Manor, Barracks + Royal Pig, Royal Sheep, Pink Alicorns . . .

One possibility is to buy more fruit trees to speed up the Delicious Trade but that does not seem very exciting

I was looking for Glimmerdust troves but they don't seem to be available any more.

Or should I save up for more gems for something else :confused:

Troves are available under buildings.

I would save more gems up for a Mithril dragon - a very good investment to guarantee daily mithril and mostly daily dragon scales.

A mermaid pond is also a good investment you could buy now. I know some dont like them but I have 3 and I am maxed out on mermaid scales now. :)

ciarjen
03-29-14, 05:00 AM
Maple tree is also good and red trilium for red petals. I've read that the multi coloured hedge is also good for petals but I have not got one myself yet.

I have ended up with too many fruit trees after getting them from adventures.

roguebee
03-29-14, 06:39 AM
I agree with ciarjen, if you don't have them, the maple tree for sap (and occasional syrup) and the red trillium plant are decent investments.

Gabi2111
03-29-14, 12:05 PM
I would probably choose a multicolored hedge or Glimmerdust trove.
Multicolored hedge gives you several petals in one go, and saves with that also energy. I'm always running out on energy...lol.
The Glimmerdust troves give me 1 to 3 Glimmerdust. Mostly 3. Love my troves.
BUT... I bought one, and got several from adventures.

The maple tree I find a tad disappointing, it drops ONE sap per collection (4 hours), which I find wasting energy and a waste of my gems to be honest. It looks good though.

Saving up for the mithril dragon is not a bad idea either :)

CottageRose
03-29-14, 12:51 PM
I frequently (but not always) get two sap from Maple trees. They also drop syrup from time to time.

greywagtail
03-30-14, 10:20 AM
Thanks, will give this more thought.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-30-14, 10:36 AM
Don't waste the gems on the pergola... 16 hours for 4 milk?? really?
You'd do better to trade milk & dairy in the Royal Exchange for food items.

zoo123g
03-30-14, 10:56 AM
save up for mithril dragon :)

arikasi
03-31-14, 01:33 PM
I bought the pergola because I'm always short on food, and I regret it.

I already have three troves and that seems a good number - but all except one came from adventures

Right now I'm saving up for my second mermaid pond, I would LOVE to be able to build enough enchanters and lumin essence.

carolinarain
03-31-14, 11:16 PM
I got two troves from quests, so maybe you'll get one from them. I think the mithiril dragon is a REALLY great investment. One of the best I've made, myself so I suggest saving up for that!

Anaboe
04-02-14, 01:42 PM
I have 215 gems, a wizard-school and enough animals. I don't know if the fortune-tellers tent will be good to buy or something else? Don't have the barracs too.

I do ave two Glimmerdust troves, and a multi-color hedge, so I don't need those either. I'm never short on Mermaid sales, so a pond is not necessairy for me.
So, what will be wise?

Castloninian
04-02-14, 03:29 PM
I have 215 gems, a wizard-school and enough animals. I don't know if the fortune-tellers tent will be good to buy or something else? Don't have the barracs too.

I do ave two Glimmerdust troves, and a multi-color hedge, so I don't need those either. I'm never short on Mermaid sales, so a pond is not necessairy for me.
So, what will be wise?

I would go for another wizard school. Those bits of energy are so useful. Else the barracks, they've not been needed for a while but were handy during time limited goals that needed adventures. Fortune teller is a nice to have but the things it gives are not that great for the gem cost. Perhaps a maple tree if you're short on sap and it sometimes gives syrup. Fruit trees are handy, particularly the apple one if you don't have a golden apple yet for Sir Pigglesworth. Oh the mithril dragon would be good if you don't have any dragons yet. It can get you going on Greselda goals without need for waiting for a dragon egg and it gives mithril every day.

ciarjen
04-03-14, 01:54 AM

So, what will be wise?

I would definitely get a second wizard school :)

boxesj
04-03-14, 02:35 AM
I always thought the best spent for the gems.... Now I changed my mind, I just want my kingdom looks nice. So now I started to save gems for things I don't have already..... Next goal is fortune teller or manor house... :-)

boxesj
04-03-14, 02:38 AM
I'd like that cute blue dragon... But don't think I could keep my gem for that much without accidently used it. Hope there are new games soon for rewards ..

greywagtail
04-03-14, 11:14 PM
Definitely go for another wizard school - mine invaluable. The pink alicorns are worth getting if they come back. I've had 50 and 99 drops of energy from mine:)

Anaboe
04-04-14, 04:07 AM
I never got more than 4 energy from the pink alicorn...

belbar22
04-04-14, 05:25 AM
I never got more than 4 energy from the pink alicorn...

I did get 5 once, but otherwise only 4 for me too.

roguebee
04-04-14, 11:14 AM
I've had 50 once, but mostly 4 - 8 which is better than nothing.

ghjvcucjb
04-04-14, 12:03 PM
2 wizard schools fully upgraded. Best use of gems.

My pink Alicorn 99% of the time gives me 4 energies but got 7 once. I wish I had bought another one because she's so beautiful.

Anaboe
04-04-14, 04:37 PM
Bought the fortune-tellers-tent instead of the second wizard-school. I like more options over a slower play :)

greywagtail
04-05-14, 05:44 AM
Just had an 100 energy drop from one of my Pink Alicorns :) I do have six Pink Alicorns though . . .

dubbleyooteeyef
04-05-14, 05:18 PM
I have gems but don't want to waste them and don't want a Wizard School.

I have 2 Glimmerdust Troves (can someone tell me which adventures these drop from?)
and 1 dragon - crafting my second now (although the one I have doesn't drop much).

From reading the forums Maple tree and Mermaid Pond are disappointing (I will try for Tree from Adventure)

So it would seem Mithril Dragon is my best option?
Also considering Barracks for 2nd Adventures every 2 days.

Castloninian
04-05-14, 10:58 PM
I have gems but don't want to waste them and don't want a Wizard School.

I have 2 Glimmerdust Troves (can someone tell me which adventures these drop from?)
and 1 dragon - crafting my second now (although the one I have doesn't drop much).

From reading the forums Maple tree and Mermaid Pond are disappointing (I will try for Tree from Adventure)

So it would seem Mithril Dragon is my best option?
Also considering Barracks for 2nd Adventures every 2 days.

Not sure you need the mithril dragon if you have two normal ones already, unless you are desperate for mithril? Of not, you'll just max out on scales and mithril before long. Do you have a red petal supply? If not, I would say trillium. I like the maple tree and for me it drops syrup maybe every day or every other day. I love my barracks but only get it if you can keep cooking enough feasts to send knights out.

dubbleyooteeyef
04-06-14, 02:00 AM
Not sure you need the mithril dragon if you have two normal ones already, unless you are desperate for mithril? Of not, you'll just max out on scales and mithril before long. Do you have a red petal supply? If not, I would say trillium. I like the maple tree and for me it drops syrup maybe every day or every other day. I love my barracks but only get it if you can keep cooking enough feasts to send knights out.

Thanks Castloninian,
I am struggling to do the Mithril quests but that said - they are quite lame and I can probably just wait it out.
My one dragon is stingy with Scales - again Ive had trouble making Magic elixers for my current round of quests. Maybe that will change with Dragon #2 (still a day before hatching)

Im guessing once I grind through these quests I probably wont need much of either - unless Adamant uses Mithril and becomes a big part of future quests.

I am leaning towards the Barracks, then I can get maple trees from Feral Adventures.

But will probably get both LoL, nothing else seems to be in the race. Pond sure gets a bad rap.

ciarjen
04-06-14, 02:24 AM
Thanks Castloninian,
I am struggling to do the Mithril quests but that said - they are quite lame and I can probably just wait it out.
My one dragon is stingy with Scales - again Ive had trouble making Magic elixers for my current round of quests. Maybe that will change with Dragon #2 (still a day before hatching)

Im guessing once I grind through these quests I probably wont need much of either - unless Adamant uses Mithril and becomes a big part of future quests.

I am leaning towards the Barracks, then I can get maple trees from Feral Adventures.

But will probably get both LoL, nothing else seems to be in the race. Pond sure gets a bad rap.

I love my mermaid ponds and Mithril dragons....money well spent for me.

It really is down to personal game play. I don't mind taking a long time to complete quests and putting in the work so I wont spend gems on speeding up and skipping but I get irritated waiting on random rare drops like mithril and mermaid scales, so for me it was very worth buying them.