PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 03/27/2014 Update Troll Tribe Part 2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

riisak
03-30-14, 02:09 PM
This is so stupid. The entire premise for this storyline is "We must join forces with the trolls to defeat this sudden rampage of wild boars", yet it's practically impossible to actually get the boars to spawn!!
Holy inconsistent logic, batman!!!

jptheripper
03-30-14, 02:26 PM
I am getting more boars the past two days.

djslibra
03-30-14, 03:01 PM
Never posted before, but wanted to say that as a comparative newbie, I am enjoying this! I got my third boar today and just visited the troll pit. I did buy a second trap, but only because I lost my internet connection right after my third one appeared.

I don't mind the scarceness after having been overrun last week.

rabsos
03-30-14, 03:29 PM
It's either I get no boars all week or I get 2 boars but they decide not to drop anything except coins. I know I'm not maxed out and a lot of things ...ugh

fabulus12
03-30-14, 03:57 PM
Day 3 still no boars.
I'm just restocking everything, making a lot of essence to use the mermaid scales. Doing the jewelers trade to use the water.
I figure TL will fix the boar issue, I want to be ready when they do.

my607
03-30-14, 04:27 PM
Yeah, finally I got 2 boars in a day but no magical thing. I only get tusks.

yousthere
03-30-14, 05:33 PM
If we already have the Research Aquifers Scroll from the tablet. Why doesn't it count toward the catfish and butterfish? It says it increased the yield of water, mermaid scales, and fish from wells and ponds. So why doesn't it increase the yield for the new fish? They fall under that category. It doesn't specify orange fish only! The new fish should be included in that!!

asikosan
03-30-14, 05:34 PM
Hi Guys! Finally i got the knights back from the troll adventure today. Just wanted to share what i got:
MAPLE TREE!!! (yes! the one for 40 gems that drops sap and syrup)
Two pelts, two tusks, fancy block, pile of seeds and 2 GEMS.

I'm pretty happy with the drops!

I got tusks from lots of boars we had to **** before placing the pond. Last two times i got boars collecting from Old Thomas House. Got about 20 of each fish collecting many times from ponds and swampy pond.

Good Luck to us with this quest!=)

bowlfullofcherries
03-30-14, 07:17 PM
I am one boar short of the next phase. Oddly enough, the fact that I've only found a single boar in three days without the use of traps is only slightly annoying. Like a pesky mosquito. Signs that I've matured? Or simply that I'm not as psyched about playing as I was before? Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good. It's like I'm one step closer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything. (Of course, we all know the answer to that- 42)

ghjvcucjb
03-30-14, 07:27 PM
I am one boar short of the next phase. Oddly enough, the fact that I've only found a single boar in three days without the use of traps is only slightly annoying. Like a pesky mosquito. Signs that I've matured? Or simply that I'm not as psyched about playing as I was before? Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good. It's like I'm one step closer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything. (Of course, we all know the answer to that- 42)

Yes, but do you have a towel?

oliverrr11
03-30-14, 07:40 PM
Is it safe to come back yet ?? Lol. Ended up the day getting 2 boars. Both were from iron rich rock. NOT! :p No, actually both came from sparkling mines. I also saw more in other kingdoms today than I've seen in a while.(ok, I saw 3 or 4 others) Are they starting to pick up a little? Or did I just happen to stumble across the entire daily allotment for all kingdoms in the universe?

midnightmeerkat
03-30-14, 07:45 PM
Is it safe to come back yet ?? Lol. Ended up the day getting 2 boars. Both were from iron rich rock. NOT! :p No, actually both came from sparkling mines. I also saw more in other kingdoms today than I've seen in a while.(ok, I saw 3 or 4 others) Are they starting to pick up a little? Or did I just happen to stumble across the entire daily allotment for all kingdoms in the universe?
Well... You've certainly taken mine.... I haven't seen one for about 4 days now

yousthere
03-30-14, 07:46 PM
Tomorrow, tomorrow. I love ya tomorrow. Your only a day away!!! (voice crackling) LOL
CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE FIXED!! Yay!!!

Queenzod
03-30-14, 07:51 PM

Dunno if it's safe to come back yet. :). You are very brave to show up again.

I'm working on a theory that there's only one herd of boars, and they're randomly meandering through each kingdom in turn. They must be vacationing in someone's kingdom who's hogging all the acorns. :)

oliverrr11
03-30-14, 08:09 PM
Dunno if it's safe to come back yet. :). You are very brave to show up again.

I'm working on a theory that there's only one herd of boars, and they're randomly meandering through each kingdom in turn. They must be vacationing in someone's kingdom who's hogging all the acorns. :)

Wow! You are so unbelievably intelligent that your hypothesis must be correct. So my kingdom is doomed! All my oak trees were planted within the last year and a half :( My trees won't have acorns for another 18 -19 yrs! Might as well just sell the kingdom and go somewhere tropical.

eepopp
03-30-14, 08:24 PM

I got a Dire Boar today from a Sparkling Mine this morning, and then left it out all day because I've only been able to get enough Tusks to go on only one Feral Lands Adventure (I haven't purchased any Tusks, Clubs or Horns.).

http://i62.tinypic.com/fjgm5u.jpg

I temporarily aggregated all character houses, the Tablet of Tabernum, Magic Garden and Sparkling Mines in one corner of the kingdom, and then just do a rapid collection to spawn a boar. Most of my successes have come from the mines, then the Tablet, and then the Magic Garden.

Since I'm tired of trying to trigger them, I have decided to keep this one trapped. I'm going to let Thurston go all Jack Bauer on it, and hope that Griselda will give us access to her Castle torture chambers. We're planning on making the boar squeal like a pig. Perhaps that will convince the hornless troll to assist us in obtaining boar tusks or they will suffer a similar fate.

Tomorrow, my kingdom will feast on boar bacon!

oliverrr11
03-30-14, 08:38 PM
I got a Dire Boar today from a Sparkling Mine this morning, and then left it out all day because I've only been able to get enough Tusks to go on only one Feral Lands Adventure (I haven't purchased any Tusks, Clubs or Horns.).
I temporarily aggregated all character houses, the Tablet of Tabernum, Magic Garden and Sparkling Mines in one corner of the kingdom, and then just do a rapid collection to spawn a boar. Most of my successes have come from the mines, then the Tablet, and then the Magic Garden.

Since I'm tired of trying to trigger them, I have decided to keep this one trapped. I'm going to let Thurston go all Jack Bauer on it, and hope that Griselda will give us access to her Castle torture chambers. We're planning on making the boar squeal like a pig. Perhaps that will convince the hornless troll to assist us in obtaining boar tusks or they will suffer a similar fate.

Whoa! That's serious! I've seen Greselda's dungeon. Let that dominatrix take over instead of Thurston. (She will anyway).

Queenzod
03-30-14, 09:29 PM
Wow! You are so unbelievably intelligent that your hypothesis must be correct. So my kingdom is doomed! All my oak trees were planted within the last year and a half :( My trees won't have acorns for another 18 -19 yrs! Might as well just sell the kingdom and go somewhere tropical.

Well, with the temporal distortion and all, maybe your acorns will be ripe tomorrow.

Draxana
03-30-14, 10:32 PM
I'm glad to see some of you are at least now spawning some boars, as frustratingly infrequent as the spawns and their drops may be for you.

As for hubby and I, things are still status quo: his 28-level kingdom spawns everything fine (he is on the last quest) and my similar 33-level kingdom has yet to spawn a single boar since the placement of my swamp some days ago (yes, I am still on the ****-3-boars mission). I would love to see how and why the coding results in three such different scenarios.

I think TL staff members are going to have some pretty bad headaches tomorrow. Good luck on reconstructing the boar-doms! ;)

freesiawoods
03-30-14, 10:44 PM
Daughter's kingdom got a dire boar from the forgotten roost. Oh but no tusks:-(

desdefoe
03-30-14, 11:33 PM
I'm having a hard time getting boars too but I have noticed that I'm getting a lot of gem drops from adventures....coincidence?

mrbinky
03-30-14, 11:43 PM
No boars at all here; checking mines, character houses, garden as regularly as they come up, but still no boars. At all. I placed the swamp, not rushing at all, about 5 days ago. Even used an iron rich pile, but nothing of course.

It's not that the spawn rate is bad - it is, but that's not the main thing - the problem is that there are so few places they spawn from, and the wait time between possible spawn instances is HUGE.

I also have 4 catfish from harvesting the swamp pretty much constantly.

p.s. Ihave full tablet research and definitely NO lurking monsters.

eepopp
03-31-14, 12:00 AM
http://w3.enternet.hu/kanaizol/end.PNG

As the first adventure came back with 3 pelts, I finished the quest. As you see, it says part 3 comes next week. (Despite that TL now says it wont)

I can confirm that the adventure option, crafting options remain after completing the questline.
I currently have 2 more feral adventures on the way, wonder what they will bring tomorrow.

My knights came back from the Feral Adventure with 3 Pelts, 1 Feral Magic, and enough Tusks for me to complete Part 2.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2igeqgg.jpg

One and done!

I did not have enough tusks for a 2nd adventure.

My advice is that once you make all the Horns and Clubs for the first adventure, that you wait to see what your knights bring you BEFORE you craft another 3 Horns (3 Tusks) and 3 Clubs (9 Tusks). You need to give Kaz 5 Tusks, 3 Pelts and 3 Feral Magics after you complete the first Feral Adventure, and it would stink if your Tusk inventory was tied up by the Horns and Clubs.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2i2bhu8.jpg

ciarjen
03-31-14, 01:51 AM
I'm having a hard time getting boars too but I have noticed that I'm getting a lot of gem drops from adventures....coincidence?

I've had some very good gem drops from adventures lately.

ciarjen
03-31-14, 01:55 AM
My advice is that once you make all the Horns and Clubs for the first adventure, that you wait to see what your knights bring you BEFORE you craft another 3 Horns (3 Tusks) and 3 Clubs (9 Tusks). You need to give Kaz 5 Tusks, 3 Pelts and 3 Feral Magics after you complete the first Feral Adventure, and it would stink if your Tusk inventory was tied up by the Horns and Clubs.

I just sent my knight this morning on the first adventure and I was debating whether to start crafting some more horns/clubs for another adventure. I'll leave it and wait to see what they bring back tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip :)

kudukuda
03-31-14, 02:19 AM
I got a Dire Boar today from a Sparkling Mine this morning,

,<snip>

Not fair! If e assumption that there is one heard going around all the kingdoms is correct, then you trapping them means none of us will get sny. Then again, we havent gotten any anyway.... So enjoy you trap. :)

Chaotarch
03-31-14, 02:51 AM
omg 88 royal beams stored...
thats so frustrating:mad:

maguar
03-31-14, 03:25 AM
Hey everyone just a reminder to make sure you're following the forum rules (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?5-Rules-of-Conduct-Last-Updated-5-29-12). Basically the golden rule (in my opinion) is to make sure that we're respectful and keep from getting personal. If you think a post isn't following the rules you should send a PM to a mod or a CM so they can check it out. If you're not sure who to send it to you can use this list (http://forums.storm8.com/showgroups.php).

eva178
03-31-14, 03:49 AM
Here's the boar pelt

It looks weird, like ? boar with tiger print.. Lol
Well I trying to get more boars.... The last 2 boars gave me bones...
not Verry helpfully, need boar tusks...
"Come little boar, come to mama...... Please boar, come...
I won't Hurd you... (yet..!)"

belbar22
03-31-14, 05:48 AM
Ok, got 2 boars this morning in quick succession. Yay!!!. Not a single tusk or feral magic from either of them though. Boo!!!

Still very fed up. I need 17 tusks to do a 2nd adventure and to give 5 tusks and that is on the premise that I don't need to do a third adventure. If I do I will still need a further 12 tusks.

Please increase the spawn rate of boars and make sure that if we do get a boar that at least it gives tusks. Please, Please, Please.

zoom9909
03-31-14, 06:01 AM
No boars here - I got 3 with traps and that was it. In terms of game balance there is a lot more yin than yang going on right now... Thanks to players who posted about placing the swamp I have plenty of tusks and pouches for several adventures but that also brings an interesting point: is it required to read this forum in order to play the game? This weekend I got skunkupines, fangbeasts and trolls pretty regularly but no energy Hogs (boars) whatsoever.

zoom9909
03-31-14, 06:08 AM
oh - back on topic.
1st adventure: 2 pelts, 2 tusks, one architect paste, energy, gems and some common materials
2nd adventure: 3 pelts, 2 tusks, a sap tree, energy, gems and some blocks

zoo123g
03-31-14, 06:12 AM
finished the quest,

Castloninian
03-31-14, 07:21 AM
Finished the quests and have three pouches, one pelt and three tusks left. I also have a meal spare and enough fish to make two more meals but don't see the point as I am out of other things needed for an adventure.

I was only able to complete this as I'd stocked up before placing swampy pond. I hope TL will soon include more places that spawn boars (wells and ponds worked well before swampy pond) and that the droprate will always be at least one tusk.

meme1098
03-31-14, 07:42 AM
Congrats Castloninian & zoo. I wish I could get just enough tusks to craft 1 horn & 1 club and then move on to the adventure. Nothing like being stuck for over 3 days.

On a side note, I barely played over the weekend and had fun at the ballpark Saturday & sightseeing on Sunday. So hopefully things will be adjusted today so it's not so dang hard to spawn a boor...I mean boar. :D

ginrae22
03-31-14, 09:01 AM
i still need two more boars. Seriously this is so silly. It's been a whole week and I only got that one! I keep trying and keep failing. Throw me a boar here.

belbar22
03-31-14, 09:19 AM
Congrats Castloninian & zoo. I wish I could get just enough tusks to craft 1 horn & 1 club and then move on to the adventure. Nothing like being stuck for over 3 days.

On a side note, I barely played over the weekend and had fun at the ballpark Saturday & sightseeing on Sunday. So hopefully things will be adjusted today so it's not so dang hard to spawn a boor...I mean boar. :D

Glad you had a good weekend. I hope they do sort this out rather than refuse to see there is a problem. I am getting so frustrated, I just want to get some boars which actually drop tusks and the occasional pick.

mamareader02
03-31-14, 09:35 AM
This is ridiculous,could only go on one of the new adventure,been checking every spot that was told a trigger numerous time,don't know how much iron rich rock I've wasted energy on,we all know what was told to us that the boar rate was fine,but give us a break,look at this thread,obviously on the player side it's not fine,what fun is it to have a new adventure if nobody can do more than one,seriously,fix the problem,y'all don't even have to admit the oopsie,just fix it

guyrye
03-31-14, 09:45 AM
Now that I need to battle a Dire Boar, they will not appear. I couldn't get rid of them before. Typical gameplay by team lava. Right when you need something, they become extinct.

ghjvcucjb
03-31-14, 09:45 AM
Silly morning update. Since yesterday morning's one boar, no other boars in 24 hours. So running total, 8 days since I've placed the swamp and only 1 naturally spawned boar.

guyrye
03-31-14, 09:48 AM
Two minutes after posting this, a lovely Dire Boar shows up. Thanks for hearing me TL!

FigmentValley
03-31-14, 09:50 AM
I had one boar show up. Days and days.... One boar. It, of course dropped fur which I have maxed many weeks ago.

I think I'm done.

dragoniakingdom
03-31-14, 09:51 AM
If it's not possible to change the respawn rate of these boars,would it be possible TL to change the code so that if we put the swamp in our inventory we then go back to being over-run with them as before.

It was not made clear at the beginning of this quest line that it would be feast or famine.....It is near impossible to get a boar to appear for those who have built the swamp.

pigricesnow
03-31-14, 09:54 AM
I'm still waiting one more boar.......

katbtodd
03-31-14, 10:04 AM
Still nothing here

esmerelda35
03-31-14, 10:09 AM
I've been **lucky** enough to be able to spawn about 1 boar a day (and the odd time 2) since placing the swamp. However, since then, I have NOT ONCE received anything needed for the quests/feasts (i.e. boar tusks, to make the sentry horn or the troll club)
I can understand and respect that you maybe want to slow down the game play on this particular quest, and that the boar may be a lower spawn rate (well, you say the same spawn rate as fang beasts, trolls & skunkupines, which may be true from a theoretical standpoint, but practically the boar spawns from items that can only be collected from on a very infrequent basis, and there are less items which spawn them, so from a practical standpoint, they do spawn much less frequently than the other beasts), however, when the actual items it drops are also a very rare drop, it's extreme.
Unfortunately I was one of those who placed my swamp right away without ****ing a ton of boars and collecting items first, but I was just following the goals, and I'd got through the initial part very quickly so didn't see everyone's posts on here warning not to place it.
Anyways, I can have patience and continue to try to attract boars and hope that maybe someday they'll drop something other than fur or coins, and I am not furious about it, as long as I keep it in perspective that they seem to be a very rare drop (in reality once all those other factors are taken into consideration), and just continue on with my game......although it is the only goal I have left.
So, ultimately it would be nice that along with increasing the number of places that spawn the boar (which TL has already said they will do), if they also increase the rate of dropping "boar-only" items once one actually is able to spawn a boar!

Galadraal
03-31-14, 10:21 AM
I don't think you get it. We WANT spawns!

I know; I was talking about those people who said they got tired of the spawns.

I too am SERIOUSLY fed up. It's Monday now and still not one single boar! Yesterday, I even waited to check Ivy's house, the Magic Garden, the mines and all the other places boars are supposed to show up at hoping they WOULD take notice of our emails. I get plenty of Trolls, FangBeasts and Skunkupines but not one single Dire Boar

JayUK69
03-31-14, 10:34 AM
Not had a single boar since placing the pond, so I just put it in storage, restarted game, collected from Old Thomas's house and a boar spawns first time. And it dropped a tusk.

zoo123g
03-31-14, 10:43 AM
Not had a single boar since placing the pond, so I just put it in storage, restarted game, collected from Old Thomas's house and a boar spawns first
time. And it dropped a tusk.

gonna try that. thanks Jay :)

katbtodd
03-31-14, 10:52 AM
Not had a single boar since placing the pond, so I just put it in storage, restarted game, collected from Old Thomas's house and a boar spawns first time. And it dropped a tusk.

Didn't work for me..clicked on old Thomas and glimmer trove.. Which that was triggering them every time before this up date,,,, pouting here ,,,

ginrae22
03-31-14, 10:56 AM
I just got my second boar in literally a whole week. I collected from Thomas' house and it showed up. So...we will see what happens now.

I put my swamp pond in storage too! Why didn't I think of this sooner?!

yousthere
03-31-14, 10:57 AM
Ugh!!! I have gotten 4 tusks total!! Every other boar drops nothing or a fur! I stored my pond and no boars for me. This is a little beyond ridiculous now. I can't even send them on one adventure.
When is this gonna be fixed??

A TLer answer a question early this morning and said the same thing. Collect from mines, character houses. If you don't get it, keep trying. The boars are good at hiding!
REALLY?!?!
Are they even gonna fix this?

Queenzod
03-31-14, 10:58 AM
Okay, this is weird. I'm still not getting any boars, but the feral lands adventure was unlocked when my previous adventure came back this morning, even tho I haven't made any clubs yet b/c I have no tusks. I visited the forum and went back to my game. The adventure was then locked. But it wasn't locked in the barracks, so I spent the 30 gems and sent it off.

I'm not making any sense to myself, because while I won't spend gems on boar traps, I will spend gems on an adventure I'm not supposed to be able to do yet.

Something is awry here...

yousthere
03-31-14, 11:02 AM
Okay, this is weird. I'm still not getting any boars, but the feral lands adventure was unlocked when my previous adventure came back this morning, even tho I haven't made any clubs yet b/c I have no tusks. I visited the forum and went back to my game. The adventure was then locked. But it wasn't locked in the barracks, so I spent the 30 gems and sent it off.

I'm not making any sense to myself, because while I won't spend gems on boar traps, I will spend gems on an adventure I'm not supposed to be able to do yet.

Something is awry here...

Oh please please please. I hope that means they are trying to fix it!!

loui5e
03-31-14, 11:08 AM
This lack of spawning boars really is a 'bore'! (Hope that puts a small smile on at least one persons face!!) There's a lot of frustrated players on here (me included!) so thought I would try to at least lighten things up till TL can fix this "oopsie" (as another player wrote!) :)

meme1098
03-31-14, 11:13 AM
Geez...I can't take 2 steps anywhere without a fangbeast or troll popping up today. But wheres the darn boar?!?

dyl625
03-31-14, 11:20 AM
Ok, so I'm on level 41 and have been enjoying this game but ever since Thursday I have not gotten one boar. Not one. I haven't even gone on the game today. I think it's starting to lose it's luster for me. I had to use gems to go on the troll adventure. But now that that is done I still need boars to complete the quest.

I stored the troll pond but still no luck in getting any boars. What am I doing wrong?

sassmastah
03-31-14, 11:30 AM
Haven't encountered a Dire Boar in my kingdom since Thursday. And I work from home, so I play pretty much non-stop throughout the day. JayUK, I am trying your storage/reboot method. Nothing to lose at this point - my sanity is already gone, yessireebob

dragonflynz2
03-31-14, 11:37 AM
I've had a sum total of one boar since I placed my pond a week ago. This is going to be one looooong frustrating quest line. Had anyone had a boar from iron rich rock? I've chopped about 20 piles but not one boar stopped me.

olcastle
03-31-14, 11:51 AM
A TLer answer a question early this morning and said the same thing. Collect from mines, character houses. If you don't get it, keep trying.

What does that mean? They are not going to fix it? Because I've stopped trying, tried enough to start hating this game.

desdefoe
03-31-14, 11:54 AM
There is NO way that the spawn rate for boars is the same as the other beasts. I cant do anything without spawning a troll or fangbeast but I have YET to see a boar, despite trying all the places TL said to in the beginning of this quest, without using a boar trap or gems. FIX IT!!!

oliverrr11
03-31-14, 11:57 AM
There is NO way that the spawn rate for boars is the same as the other beasts. I cant do anything without spawning a troll or fangbeast but I have YET to see a boar, despite trying all the places TL said to in the beginning of this quest, without using a boar trap or gems. FIX IT!!!

Say please :D

yousthere
03-31-14, 11:58 AM
What does that mean? They are not going to fix it? Because I've stopped trying, tried enough to start hating this game.

Here is the link
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?66784-Question-amp-Request-to-TL-Where-are-the-boars

edit: ok so it wasn't this morning. I read it wrong. :/ Either way TL is on here today. They are seeing all of the frustration that is happening and have yet to address this issue!

HorseHoundandFoxHoldings
03-31-14, 12:02 PM
Well, I have now officially joined most of you - since I put the swamp in (as suggested?) I had seen 2 boars. Today I found a 3rd boar which kindly gave me fur but not from the boar. Just regular fur as received from gifts, monsters, etc. Did NOT receive any boar items from this last boar. I did complete one feral quest and received 2 pelts, 2 boar tusk, 1 feral magic and some energy. THAT WAS ALL THAT CAME FROM THE ADVENTURE. And for those that do not want to use gems but caved in and did use a few, I joined you in using gems also. However, I also agree that using gems to complete the PARANOID goal will be very expensive. I want to play for fun, not spend money meant to pay bills (fun money is kept separate and when gone I should not be using bill money to "help" me finish a goal). I also have had items being made disappear. They did not appear in my storage either. IN SUPPORT OF TEAM LAVA though, I have received constructive help from the support team and have had items replaced by the support team AND been given a little extra once for the problems I had-problems were related to on another but I only asked for what I lost to be returned. I now keep better records of money spent for "gems" regardless of which team lava game I am playing.

zuma022
03-31-14, 12:02 PM
They're very good at not addressing issues, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I don't have enough tusks for even one adventure and I refuse to spend gems. I do buy and use them to speed up things, but when it's such a deliberate money grab, I won't do it.

desdefoe
03-31-14, 12:03 PM
Please :)

olcastle
03-31-14, 12:04 PM
Here is the link
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?66784-Question-amp-Request-to-TL-Where-are-the-boars

edit: ok so it wasn't this morning. I read it wrong. :/ Either way TL is on here today. They are seeing all of the frustration that is happening and have yet to address this issue!

Yeah, this link is about Troll Tribe Part 1.

yousthere
03-31-14, 12:06 PM
Say please :D

Ill say pretty please and do a little dance if they will help.
I am very suborn. Once I have it in my head to do something, I have a hard time stopping.
Im checking my game every 5 mins. LOL and twitching when nothing changes

katbtodd
03-31-14, 12:09 PM
Came here thinking there might be some answers,,, nothing ,,, oh pooh!!!!

HorseHoundandFoxHoldings
03-31-14, 12:19 PM
Just a quick note. I jus purchased a boar crate. Yes, I did get the boar but received 1 energy after 3rd strike (8 hits total), 1 boar tusk and 1 additional energy. For the cost of five gems which is what one boar tusk cost, I am in the hole 6 energy.

oliverrr11
03-31-14, 12:28 PM
Just a quick note. I jus purchased a boar crate. Yes, I did get the boar but received 1 energy after 3rd strike (8 hits total), 1 boar tusk and 1 additional energy. For the cost of five gems which is what one boar tusk cost, I am in the hole 6 energy.

If you check back in your game in about 18 minutes, the energy will have magically reappeared 😜

lordviv
03-31-14, 12:29 PM
Dear Teamlava

I ran through the swampy pond questline quick and as I did that, I didn't encounter too many boars, my bad. I used timing of collections to skip troll pit part being in a time zone that's 11 hours odd ahead of you.

So this week, I have seen serious challenge with the questline. The first part of getting 3 boars is easier to digest.. See the 2nd part entails 12 tusks to progress else no adventure ... And after that its still not over... Till the pelt lady sings...

I understand that the spawn rate is the same for all beasts.. However there are 2 issues we gamers face

1. The things that trigger boars is severely restricted .. Hence we see lot less boars in a 24 hour cycle than say trolls, fangbeasts or skunkupines ..

2. Bigger issue is that despite my actually triggering 3boars in past 48 hours, all I got was 2 furs and a bone I think ... Nothing of the boar kind that's needed for the questline or the future quests to come I presume..

I get that it was the weekend and you can see from this forum whether us folks have been in North America, Europe , Australia or india .. We have all been active and going nuts over the weekend... Can you please be kind to us and fix this!!!!

Also , I know it's late in the day, but you have to do some thing about accidental trigger of gems..in my exuberance to collect from things I tend to lose 10-20gems in a go... Which I have saved and kept for better things.. I know like I said its been said a million times.. But do consider this.

Thank you

ciarjen
03-31-14, 12:35 PM
They're very good at not addressing issues, I wouldn't hold my breath.

At the risk of being very unpopular here :D both Aggwynn and Glimmergate have been very good at addressing issues and have received some great feedback because of it.

It is only just Monday lunchtime where they are, so maybe they just need some more time. I am sure they information as to how well players are progressing with the quest and whether it is how they had planned it. They are also well aware of how frustrated some players are.

yousthere
03-31-14, 12:43 PM
At the risk of being very unpopular here :D both Aggwynn and Glimmergate have been very good at addressing issues and have received some great feedback because of it.

It is only just Monday lunchtime where they are, so maybe they just need some more time. I am sure they information as to how well players are progressing with the quest and whether it is how they had planned it. They are also well aware of how frustrated some players are.

don't think you will be unpopular cause of this. :)
agree they are usually on top of this kind of stuff but today it is unusually quiet. Just a simple "We are working on it/ looking into it" would help quiet the nerves.

Im in same time zone as them and they have updates already released by this time

stuffedmounts
03-31-14, 12:49 PM
The lack of boars is REALLY starting to make me angry. It doesn't feel like a challenge trying to complete the troll quest, it feels like punishment. This isn't fun, it's frustrating and that's not a good thing.

belbar22
03-31-14, 12:54 PM
3 boars today. But no tusks or pouches. Ho hum

Capper7
03-31-14, 01:00 PM
Is anyone having luck with Iron Rich Rock? I keep trying them in between the long hours of collecting from character houses/deep mine/special things/etc. Funny how they are fully mined after 8 times - just like the number of health units of the boars that we all want.

I don't remember what my 2nd boar for "Humans Just Don't Understand" came from, but I got it. Any new tips from TL or my fellow players that will be of help? Thank you!

ghjvcucjb
03-31-14, 01:01 PM
Update: just got a boar while collecting from 2 sparkling mines! Only dropped coins and 4 energy. 1 yesterday, 1 today! Yah! At least it's something. Running total 2 naturally spawned boars/ 8 days since placing swamp.

In regards to comments about Agwynn and Glimmergate listening to feed back, I completely agree! I feel TL is very good at listening to our feedback and make helpful adjustment while not making things overly easy. That's why I think it's good for us to politely express our concerns here.

sassmastah
03-31-14, 01:24 PM
Haven't encountered a Dire Boar in my kingdom since Thursday. And I work from home, so I play pretty much non-stop throughout the day. JayUK, I am trying your storage/reboot method. Nothing to lose at this point - my sanity is already gone, yessireebob

Holy it worked!!!!! I stored my Swampy Pond, rebooted the app, waited until something the Boar spawns from was ready for collection, put my Swampy Pond back out, and collected from my Sparkling Mines. The 2nd one triggered a Boar!!!!

Listen, this can't be a coincidence. It's Monday, and I hadn't seen a Boar since Thursday. Everyone who is boarless - try it!!

Seriously I feel like I just won the lottery. Stupidly giddy. Lame lame lame.... happy happy happy...

Ps. Thanks JayUK for letting us know this worked for you!

tcgms17
03-31-14, 01:32 PM
TeamLava please hear us ...
I love this game & like a challenge, but 1 boar in 8 days is not a challenge, it makes the quest line impossible.
To give you an example, collecting crops spawned 2 beasts in 10 collections. Collecting from all the "correct" places as they are ready and chopping multiple iron rich rocks for 8 days has spawned just 1 boar. I'm not a CPA, but the math doesn't work.
Let the boars appear from more places, add the tusks and feral bags to the gift items, after all there's room now the pink items are gone. Let the tusks and feral bags drop from other places. All suggestions mentioned here in the forum.

Just please give us a fighting chance ... 1 boar in 8 days ... Really??

katbtodd
03-31-14, 01:39 PM
Still no boars here,, no matter what I tap.... 5 dAys now

belbar22
03-31-14, 01:42 PM
Holy it worked!!!!! I stored my Swampy Pond, rebooted the app, waited until something the Boar spawns from was ready for collection, put my Swampy Pond back out, and collected from my Sparkling Mines. The 2nd one triggered a Boar!!!!
!

This is probably a really stupid question but here goes anyway.

Are you saying that you need to put the swamp back out after you have stored it before you collect from the required places or should I keep it permanently stored which seems more logical to me.

arikasi
03-31-14, 01:42 PM
Why do we need furs and bones and creep tooth and troll horns and troll essence as well as the boars tusks and feral magic bags from a boar?

So many items waters down the chance of getting what we need, even after the extreme wait of making a boar load.

I understand the troll items make sense to the story because the boars eat the trolls.
But could removing the furs and bones and creep tooth from the boar be considered?

oliverrr11
03-31-14, 01:47 PM

Are you saying that you need to put the swamp back out after you have stored it before you collect from the required places or should I keep it permanently stored which seems more logical to me.

Just my opinion: it doesn't matter what you do :D

Edit: I don't mean you personally. Lol! I re-read my own post and it kind of looks like "I don't care what you do" :) I am of the belief that having it out or not will not affect (effect??) the chances of getting one. Many people stored theirs and had days of no boars. Those who it "worked" for my have just been a coincidence.

llamafarms
03-31-14, 01:48 PM

I'm in the same boat! Plenty of other creatures, but no boars. At this rate getting the materials needed for the adventure is unobtainable.

elaur
03-31-14, 01:50 PM
I'm getting hardly any creatures and no boars. I think I've had one troll and one fang beast total for days.

Usually I get multiple in 40 energy expenditures.

jimboser
03-31-14, 01:51 PM
Been hitting the usual places like crazy, all the characters homes, Sparkling Mines, Magic Garden and Tablet, doing this for 3 days, total of 1 boar. Just worked my way through 6 Iron Rich Rocks, still nothing. Grrr...

Queenzod
03-31-14, 01:52 PM
Okay, so a little calculation here. I've gotten one tusk in the last 10 days. I need 24 to make the stuff for the quest. That's...240 days!

TL, please note that there's something wrong here and fix this issue. I know you're not going to acknowledge that something odd is going on, but that's okay. I just need it fixed. Thanks!

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-14, 01:53 PM
I just *know* I'm gonna log on tomorrow at noon (which is 9am TL-time) and there's gonna be a big post titled "APRIL FOOL'S! WE GOT U! haha" ;)

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-14, 01:57 PM
...and as a follow-up to my earlier post, lol, we'll all get a jester who gives us a gift bag with 17 tusks and 5 pelts and 3 feral magic bags!

Yeah, I know ...I'm prone to fanciful thinking, why do you think I play CS?? LOL

rosewaterlily
03-31-14, 01:59 PM
One naturally spawned boar from Old Thomas's House since the quest started--unfortunately it only gave me a troll horn, so still no way for me to go on the adventure until I get one more tusk.

belbar22
03-31-14, 02:04 PM
I just *know* I'm gonna log on tomorrow at noon (which is 9am TL-time) and there's gonna be a big post titled "APRIL FOOL'S! WE GOT U! haha" ;)

Ha ha. In your dreams. What will actually happen is that you will log on tomorrow at noon and everything will be exactly the same. It will be like ground hog day. You will keep collecting from the same places and you will keep getting nothing. As you can see I am not feeling very positive at the moment.

belbar22
03-31-14, 02:05 PM
...and as a follow-up to my earlier post, lol, we'll all get a jester who gives us a gift bag with 17 tusks and 5 pelts and 3 feral magic bags!

Yeah, I know ...I'm prone to fanciful thinking, why do you think I play CS?? LOL
Anyone would think you were a child. Lol. Still, there is nothing wrong with a bit of fanciful thinking

mamareader02
03-31-14, 02:07 PM

Didn't work for me

hiopztj
03-31-14, 02:10 PM
Did anyone try to sell the swampy pond? I wonder if boars would appear again and if it would be possible to buy a new one...

mamareader02
03-31-14, 02:12 PM
Just collect from 3/4 mines,visited all homes,nothing,and I had even stored my swamp an hour ago,there goes that theory(which I had tried Thursday with no luck,but gave it the second chance hope)

mamareader02
03-31-14, 02:12 PM
Did anyone try to sell the swampy pond? I wonder if boars would appear again and if it would be possible to buy a new one...

Lol,I'm not going that far,I doubt anyone will

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-14, 02:14 PM

Did you SEE the going rate for the swamp??. ...$0
Lol

sassmastah
03-31-14, 02:18 PM

There's no such thing as a stupid question. :)
I put the swamp in storage, force close the app, open the app back up, waited until something the boar spawns from was ready for collection (ie. characters house, sparkling mine - but don't collect from it yet!), took the swamp out of storage, and collected from the places we know the boars spawn from (however infrequently that may be).

Coincidence or not, it's worth a shot!

MBRBTBRB
03-31-14, 02:27 PM
Drop rate for new fish was awful over the weekend.
Spawn rate for boars was awful over the weekend.

Both have definitely improved now that TL are back at work, presumably they've fixed an error in the code!

belbar22
03-31-14, 02:28 PM
There's no such thing as a stupid question. :)
I put the swamp in storage, force close the app, open the app back up, waited until something the boar spawns from was ready for collection (ie. characters house, sparkling mine - but don't collect from it yet!), took the swamp out of storage, and collected from the places we know the boars spawn from (however infrequently that may be).

Coincidence or not, it's worth a shot!
Thanks. Will try in the morning as not due to collect before bedtime.

katbtodd
03-31-14, 02:29 PM
Ha ha. In your dreams. What will actually happen is that you will log on tomorrow at noon and everything will be exactly the same. It will be like ground hog day. You will keep collecting from the same places and you will keep getting nothing. As you can see I am not feeling very positive at the moment.

Feeling the same not very hopeful, you think we have heard some thing ,,,,one way or the other

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-14, 02:35 PM

Both have definitely improved now that TL are back at work, presumably they've fixed an error in the code!

Maybe in *your* kingdom lol

kahleesi61
03-31-14, 02:39 PM
Like everyone else, I spent either two or three days with no boars, got one, then nothing. I finally gave in and purchased two traps and immediately collected the two remaining boars. At least I was able to go on with the challenge but spending 10 gems and collecting 8 was a loss of 2 and for me, gems are impossible to keep, always losing them by mistake. The mounting frustration may make it worth the spent gems, at least it was for me. :D

After you get the 5 catfish and 5 butter fish,which I got only after buying more ponds, you have to make the meals. Well, don't waste your time making them beforehand. I spotted them in the kitchen and went ahead and made them before I had all of my fish. When it came time for the dinners, it wouldn't accept them, so I had to make them all over again. Now I am afraid to make anything ahead, as I may be wasting my time. Makes for a lot of idle kitchens, workshops and forges!

mamareader02
03-31-14, 02:48 PM
Maybe in *your* kingdom lol

Lol,agree with you there,certainly no improvement in my queendom!

eepopp
03-31-14, 02:56 PM
This is my technique to spawn Boars. Sometimes, like in Vegas, I get a hit. Most times, like in Vegas, I get nothing. (Lesson: the odds favor the house!)

Steps:
1) I line up all the character houses, magic garden, Tablet of Tabernum and Sparkling Mines.
2) I then click all of them, and then BAM! A boar appears.

All hail the random number generator!

Buildings lined up
http://i58.tinypic.com/34smf5v.jpg

Buildings tapped upon
http://i62.tinypic.com/r26miq.jpg

Collection begins
http://i62.tinypic.com/2a4yhiv.jpg

BAM! A Boar!
http://i59.tinypic.com/2vj8wth.jpg

olcastle
03-31-14, 03:02 PM
This is my technique to spawn Boars. Sometimes, like in Vegas, I get a hit. Most times, like in Vegas, I get nothing. (Lesson: the odds favor the house!)

So how many boars did you get since the new goals without using gems?
I'm sure that the building placing has nothing to do with anything lol.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-14, 03:03 PM

Steps:
1) I line up all the character houses, magic garden, Tablet of Tabernum and Sparkling Mines.
2) I then click all of them, and then BAM! A boar appears.

All hail the random number generator!

Buildings lined up
http://i58.tinypic.com/34smf5v.jpg

Buildings tapped upon
http://i62.tinypic.com/r26miq.jpgn

Collection begins
http://i62.tinypic.com/2a4yhiv.jpg

BAM! A Boar!
http://i59.tinypic.com/2vj8wth.jpg

...and after all that, you still can't hold more fur lol :(

fabulus12
03-31-14, 03:09 PM
I'm at "don't be so paranoid", I have No feral magic which I assume come from Boars. I know some of my neighbors got this on their Adventure to Feral Lands, I didn't get any. I can't adventure again, no tusks to made weapons.
So I'm continuing to search for Boars, everywhere. Does anybody know if I can get the Feral Magic anywhere else?

eepopp
03-31-14, 03:09 PM
So how many boars did you get since the new goals without using gems?
I really doubt the building placing has anything to do with anything lol.

I honestly have no idea exactly how many Boars I have spawned. Rough guess...15? Not all dropped Tusks, and I had a small inventory beforehand of both Tusks and Feral Magic Bags.

I agree! Building placement doesn't matter. It's just easier for me to do a mass tap of the buildings.

It's just a dice roll, hence my praise to the RNG (Random Number Generator).

meme1098
03-31-14, 03:10 PM
So see if I can remember in the morning when everything's ready to just collect from the boar triggers consecutively and then collect from the other places, animals, & buildings.

Not in my Queendom!

olcastle
03-31-14, 03:12 PM
I honestly have no idea exactly how many Boars I have spawned. Rough guess...15?

15 boars since Thursday???:confused:

eepopp
03-31-14, 03:20 PM
...and after all that, you still can't hold more fur lol :(

The fur didn't come from the Dire Boar. It is still very much alive in the 4th picture. The fur was a drop from Ivy's Hut (which triggered the Boar).

I am always maxed on Fur. I try to reduce it by converting them to Pink Fur in the Love Shack, but I'm nealy maxed on Pink Fur, too.

http://i59.tinypic.com/fx6iz9.jpg

eepopp
03-31-14, 03:26 PM
15 boars since Thursday???:confused:

I'm showing how I've been triggering the Boars....., so yes. 15 Boars for me since Thursday (2 today). 2-3 boars a day (R,F,Sat,Sun,M), not all at once. Rough guess.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-14, 03:26 PM
The fur didn't come from the Dire Boar. It is still very much alive in the 4th picture. The fur was a drop from Ivy's Hut (which triggered the Boar).

I am always maxed on Fur. I try to reduce it by converting them to Pink Fur in the Love Shack, but I'm nealy maxed on Pink Fur, too.
]

So the boar gave you something useful?

If full of fur, why not do the trapper trade?...full of all that, too?

Nothing personal, but kinda grinds my goat every time I see something (like that pink fur) which can only be made in a building that I will never even have the option to get - coins, gems or otherwise - just because I started the game too late.

May give your approach a shot in the morning because in the past 90 minutes, I've had 3 fang beasts, a skunkupine and 2 trolls. 0 dire boars.... Glad I have other things to occupy my time (faerie respite), not gonna worry about this one. It'll come when it does...

belbar22
03-31-14, 03:32 PM
Just got my 4 th boar today so the spawns have improved I reckon BUT all I am getting is 6 energy back and NO tusks. This is ridiculous. I have made no progress on this quest line in the last 2 days whatsoever.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-14, 03:35 PM
Got a butterfish from the mermaid pond!

ghjvcucjb
03-31-14, 03:38 PM
Just got my 4 th boar today so the spawns have improved I reckon BUT all I am getting is 6 energy back and NO tusks. This is ridiculous. I have made no progress on this quest line in the last 2 days whatsoever.

I've decided to dislike you today (ok more like 30 seconds ;-) )4boars! Not fair. Harrumph

HorseHoundandFoxHoldings
03-31-14, 03:41 PM
No luck at all with iron rich rock or houses or anything else. I have always been collecting mushrooms from the mushroom rings when a boar appeared. I even checked that I had "sparkling" mines, which I do @ level 5. Also only regular items, fairy items and green liquid from Ivy's or magic garden. I have tried all suggestions and still at total if 3 boars.

glimmergate
03-31-14, 03:46 PM
Dire boar spawns have been added to ponds, wells, and strawberries.

HorseHoundandFoxHoldings
03-31-14, 03:49 PM
I do not have the swamp "for sale" when I look in the market. I got mine when it just popped up in my kingdom. Then I could have as many as I wanted; however, I though of buying another one to try and get the fish I needed and I could not find the swamp available anywhere for free, money or gems. I do not think deleting it permanently is a good idea until you absolutely know for sure you will not need the swamp or that it is possible to repurchase one.

midnightmeerkat
03-31-14, 03:51 PM

Hiho..Hiho... off to plant strawberries I go

eepopp
03-31-14, 03:51 PM
dire boar spawns have been added to ponds, wells, and strawberries.

thank you!!!!

belbar22
03-31-14, 03:52 PM
I've decided to dislike you today (ok more like 30 seconds ;-) )4boars! Not fair. Harrumph

Yes but no tusks!!! So all that has happened is I have lost energy for no gain, so don't feel too envious. :D

loui5e
03-31-14, 03:57 PM
No boars since I placed the swamp. Today I put the swamp into storage and just now I collected from sawmill (level 5) and got a boar!!!! Yay....until he just gave me one fur. Sad face

midnightmeerkat
03-31-14, 03:57 PM
I do not have the swamp "for sale" when I look in the market. I got mine when it just popped up in my kingdom. Then I could have as many as I wanted; however, I though of buying another one to try and get the fish I needed and I could not find the swamp available anywhere for free, money or gems. I do not think deleting it permanently is a good idea until you absolutely know for sure you will not need the swamp or that it is possible to repurchase one.
Pretty sure that you can't purchase another one... Also when it showed up to place in my "queendom" once I had placed it even though it looked like you could place another it wasn't possible to do that.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-14, 04:03 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeee!! THANK-YOU! :)

oliverrr11
03-31-14, 04:11 PM

Thank you!!! I have all of those :)

zuma022
03-31-14, 04:17 PM

Thank you!!

belbar22
03-31-14, 04:19 PM
Ho hum. Collected from 5 ponds and a well but no boar.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-14, 04:27 PM
Yeah, harvested 2 rows (10) of strawberries, no boar ... And last time I did that same harvest, I got a fangbeast.
Oh well, not gonna get discouraged...

JayUK69
03-31-14, 04:29 PM
Just had another two boars spawn from strawberries.

fabulus12
03-31-14, 04:30 PM
Me too, I'm waiting to try again. Knowing they are possible makes me anticipate the next try.

AVAL0NIAN
03-31-14, 04:30 PM
Just got a dire boar from strawberries.

fabulus12
03-31-14, 04:31 PM
Just had a boar spawn from strawberries and it dropped another tusk.
Congratulations, that's something positive.

dragonflynz2
03-31-14, 04:31 PM
Yup 12 ponds/wells and all character houses = no boars. Just planted a full crop of strawberries so will see how I go with that. Patience & perserverance!

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-14, 04:33 PM
Well daaaaaaang ...how many strawberries did you guys harvest at one go?

JayUK69
03-31-14, 04:34 PM
Congratulations, that's something positive.

I've had 2 from 15 strawberries, both dropped tusks.

ghjvcucjb
03-31-14, 04:39 PM
Collected from 6 ponds, 1 swamp, 3 character buildings, 2 sparkling mines, 2 sawmills all at once, nothing. :'). But planted a ton of strawberries in hopes for later.

angellahg
03-31-14, 04:39 PM
I haven't had a boar in days so, I just spent another 30 gems on traps only to be given two tusks, one showed as added. I wont spend more gems until this is fixed.

tcgms17
03-31-14, 04:40 PM
Harvested 15 strawberries and collected from 19 ponds and 2 wells and Ivy ... 0 boars ... Just not lucky

eepopp
03-31-14, 04:42 PM
A dire boar appeared on my 9th pond collection from my 14 pond + 1 swamp setup.

http://i62.tinypic.com/20k7zpy.jpg

It dropped a Tusk upon defeat.
http://i59.tinypic.com/ih8jys.jpg

echowuuu
03-31-14, 04:53 PM
i had two yesterday but none of them dropped tusk :( :( :( was really a let down, can TL change the drop rate?

oliverrr11
03-31-14, 05:32 PM
Got 1 from a well! Tusks! None yet from ponds or strawberrys but have renewed hope! :)

zoeee87
03-31-14, 05:34 PM
I purchased 2 boar traps with gems and didn't even get any tusks :(

GC5410
03-31-14, 05:51 PM
Finished all this weeks goals the other day, but just got a boar from a pond (2nd one I collected from). It didn't drop anything boar-related though (it's been 6 days since my last boar-related drop).

mamareader02
03-31-14, 06:00 PM
Thank you for listening to us,I've had a few strawberry hungry boars(guess mine don't like water),appreciate your efforts in helping us have a more enjoyable playing experience!

midnightmeerkat
03-31-14, 06:20 PM
Thank you for listening to us,I've had a few strawberry hungry boars(guess mine don't like water),appreciate your efforts in helping us have a more enjoyable playing experience!

Mine either.... Harvested 36 strawberries and got 3 boars which dropped 2 fur and a troll horn

mamareader02
03-31-14, 06:25 PM
Mine either.... Harvested 36 strawberries and got 3 boars which dropped 2 fur and a troll horn

Lol,no horns for me,but was just happy we have a few better ways to lure them out!

meme1098
03-31-14, 06:57 PM
12 ponds, 6 wells, 8 strawberries but not a single boar. Planted 8 more strawberries since all my other plots are taken right now. Keeping my fingers crossed for a few boars.

Galadraal
03-31-14, 07:07 PM
Yay! I got a Boar from strawberries just after I put my swamp in storage and restarted the game. . . . Then I read the post saying they were added to strawberries, ponds and wells so I used an alicorn and hit all 10 of my ponds and all 12 of my wells and zero boars so I went to the strawberries and got a Boar after about 5 or 6 of them so many thanks Team Lava for adding strawberries, ponds and wells to the list of Boar spawners

`` I collected earlier today from my troll pit because I didn't think I would see any boars so now I have to wait until tomorrow to continue the quest but I am still VERY grateful to Team Lava for listening to our gripes and fixing the issue with the boars

labsandboxers
03-31-14, 07:15 PM
They may have added more options to lure them but the drop rates suck. I purchased 4 traps to finish a goal only thing dropped was energy. What a waste of gems. Since we have an additional week before part 3 I will now let it ride like other items and be surprised when it happens. Still can't imagine what to expect on Thursday. I'm looking forward to the next up date and let everything else ride.

eepopp
03-31-14, 07:19 PM

I just had a Dire Boar get triggered from a Maple Tree!

Sweet!

http://i57.tinypic.com/349a3d2.jpg

Were Maple trees added, too?

edit: i erroneously said Sap tree, and it should have been Maple tree. ;)

CottageRose
03-31-14, 07:28 PM
This all sounds much more encouraging. Maybe I will actually get enough tusks this week to do my first feral adventure. :)

patriziaf
03-31-14, 07:38 PM
Three Dire Boars in 3 days, the last 2 in few seconds (one after 6 or 7 strawberries and the other after sawmill). Guess: no tooth/teeth at all! :mad:

panix
03-31-14, 07:47 PM
I finally spawned my first boar in almost 5 days.... And it dropped bone (maxed out). What with how rare they are I feel like tusks should be an automatic drop......

oliverrr11
03-31-14, 08:00 PM
I just had a Dire Boar get triggered from a Sap Tree!

Sweet!

Were Sap trees added, too?

That looks like a maple. Is it?

eepopp
03-31-14, 08:30 PM
That looks like a maple. Is it?

Whups! yes, I meant Maple! good catch! i corrected it above. :o

Queenzod
03-31-14, 08:34 PM
I got a boar and tusk from strawberries just now! Thank you SO much, Team Lava, for hearing us! I really, really appreciate all y'all!

But pleasedon't get in the habit of doing this just to get gushy love when it's fixed. Lol. :)

midnightmeerkat
03-31-14, 10:06 PM
I've had about 8 boars from strawberries now and gotten 2 tusks ...yay! After about 4-5 days of nothing. I had caved and spent 15 gems to send my first adventure yesterday. It's due back in 5 mins.

oliverrr11
03-31-14, 10:37 PM
Ugh!!! Too many boars!! Make it stop! :D Just kidding! Thanks again TL!

froltojo
03-31-14, 10:41 PM
Well I too am getting dire boars from strawberries. I've had three this afternoon (lost count how many strawberries it took) they dropped two fur and one horn! So now they are just a nuisance. We can get fur and horns elsewhere for a lot less energy. I've yet to get supplies ready to do the first adventure to the feral lands. Grrrrr

rosewaterlily
03-31-14, 11:00 PM
I've spawned two boars since the change but all I got are coins for getting rid of them. Still need one tusk to do my first feral adventure.

carolinarain
03-31-14, 11:06 PM
I like how I didn't even see that they were added to ponds, wells, and strawberries but I've still yet to see a single boar in days. I just harvested 32 strawberries, then collected from my 8 ponds and 4 wells and got nothing. I've been growing strawberries all day and haven't gotten any. I haven't gotten any from anything. This has gone beyond my wall of patience, and I've never lost my patience with this game before!

SpiritWind00
03-31-14, 11:53 PM
I haven't seen a boar in 10 days... But I tried the storage and force close idea (even though it didn't work last time) and I got a boar straight away. I too planted strawberries, force closed and got 6 boars and 3 tusks. I wrote to all of my neighbours who don't come here to share the good news and tell about new spawn areas.

Thank you TL for responding to the hundreds of players who just could not get any boars to spawn, especially those of us who completed part 1 within a day or 2 and were subsequently at an enormous disadvantage to those who did not place swamp immediately.

The fun and anticipation is back for me. Thanks again.

Rockinkitten
04-01-14, 12:00 AM
I'm fishing like crazy in the ponds but I'm not getting any of the new fish.

MBRBTBRB
04-01-14, 12:20 AM
WooHoo!

carolinarain
04-01-14, 01:16 AM
EDIT*

Okay. Another one that its finally working for. I was doing things in the wrong order, so apparently it does matter? Put the troll pond in storage, then force close the game, then open it back up and put the troll pond back. I did that then started collecting strawberries and got a boar on the 4th collect. Oy! Thank God this is working, I just finished the Blythewood Sapling and need something else to do! Thanks for the advice guys!

Castloninian
04-01-14, 01:17 AM
Getting boars isn't so much an issue now, but my three this morning dropped fur, bone and a horn...

Oh well, I'm going on a boar hunt. I'm going to catch a big one. I'm not scared...

ghjvcucjb
04-01-14, 01:25 AM
Wow, so many boars for some. I've gotten three but that's after 100's of strawberries and at least 50 ponds. Only one horn. Here's to tomorrow! Thank you TL, every little bit helps.

Mistymoo50
04-01-14, 01:49 AM
I too got a boar today from strawberries but it only dropped coins and bone!

freesiawoods
04-01-14, 01:52 AM
No luck yet with ponds wells or strawberries. Plodding on with hope...

ggfdddgh
04-01-14, 02:18 AM
After a long time with no boars (I did the first part, where you need 3 boars, with two traps), today I see a difference and have been spawning boars hacking at iron rich rocks. I think they have fixed something, because I have tried the rocks all week with no results, and now I can even get 2 boars while cracking 3 piles of rocks. problem is they don't always drop tusks. I have gone on one adventure and haven't been able to go on another because can't make the troll weapons. all the weapons i made for the first adventure where with stuff i accumulated before i placed the swamp. I will go on another adventure to get pelts, before i give these new tusks to the quest that needs also the pelts. I think that is the right sequence to do this.

redlorry
04-01-14, 02:19 AM
I got 1 boar from a pond. I have 11 ponds and been collecting often but the fish have completely disappeared. Did the boar eat them? Anyone else noticed that the fish have gone?

mymummy789
04-01-14, 03:36 AM

I think my kingdom missed this update!!!! Not seen a boar for days :(

zoo123g
04-01-14, 04:05 AM
I think my kingdom missed this update!!!! Not seen a boar for days :(

mine too :(

tcgms17
04-01-14, 04:11 AM
Finally on the 9th day I got 2 boars and 1 gave up a tusk. The good drops are going to be rare and it may take weeks for the parts, but at least now there's a chance to move forward with the goals.

Thank you TL for adding the additional places to spawn the boars!

JayUK69
04-01-14, 04:59 AM
Since ponds, wells and strawberries were added, I have had 8 boars spawn today. Mostly from strawberries, but a couple of times from the ponds. Dropping tusks and fur mostly, but also got another feral magic.

katbtodd
04-01-14, 05:06 AM
No boar for me,,, planted strawberry and always collect from ponds and wells,, nothing yet last night and today... Since they let us know. Nothing from any of my building like ivy hut,, magic garden, old Thomas , , mines. ,,, nothing ,,, but before this up date,,, I was getting them regularly from glimmer troves and mines,,, and magic garden ,, nothing since up date,,, always running out of energy,,,, trying and getting nothing else done,

my607
04-01-14, 05:09 AM
I got a boar from strawberries but no magic thing. I just got tusk and yesterday fur.

Chriscat9
04-01-14, 05:23 AM
I just finished my morning collections (i am level 42) and no boars! Harvested stawberries, several lakes, character buildings mines saw mills etc. Nothing! I really loved this game but I don't know how much more I can take, it's just not fun anymore :(

msspinkii
04-01-14, 05:30 AM
I never had the need or want to complain about my quests BUT... I'm really frustrated about the boars.... Done it all... RANDOM is the name of this game I understand that... Just need to add my frustration!!!

belbar22
04-01-14, 06:06 AM
Getting boars isn't so much an issue now, but my three this morning dropped fur, bone and a horn...

Oh well, I'm going on a boar hunt. I'm going to catch a big one. I'm not scared...

I am now getting boars. Thanks TL. HOWEVER, i hate to sound ungrateful, but out of about 8 boars I have only had 1 tusk. The drop rates of tusks are way too rare. In fact they are almost extinct. I still need 8 to go on an adventure and then 5 more. This is really trying my patience.

anotherfungame
04-01-14, 06:17 AM
THEORY:
Once the goal is achieved, frequency in rare drops will increase (in my past experience with CS)
TEST:
Spent 50 Gems to finish this week's goal and played none stop for the past 48 hours. Collected from all known spawn places including strawberries, ponds, character houses, etc...
RESULT:
Only battled 2 Dire Boar with no significant drops (same as before the whole goal was completed).
CONCLUSION:
(1) Drop rate did not change
(2) I am out 50 Gems
(3) I will practice patience and enjoy the game as it is meant to be played...Happy Hunting!

UPDATE:
Just collected from 10 strawberries resulting in 2 Dire Boar spawning & gained 1 Tusk.

AVAL0NIAN
04-01-14, 06:56 AM
Strawberry just gave me a boar which gave me a pouch of feral magic. Good luck all. Have faith.

majic100
04-01-14, 07:43 AM
I just finished my morning collection ......no boar... Its frustrating now, tried strawberry, ponds, wells ,everything but hard luck...

youbugme
04-01-14, 07:49 AM

Cute! I loved that book!

meme1098
04-01-14, 07:50 AM
Wow, so many boars for some. I've gotten three but that's after 100's of strawberries and at least 50 ponds. Only one horn. Here's to tomorrow! Thank you TL, every little bit helps.

I collected from all my boar triggering places first this morning. The last 2, 1 of the the sparkling mines, triggered a boar. The same old place. Then went picking strawberries & fishing ponds & wells.....again. I've picked about 100 strawberries too, ghjvcucjb, and probably as many ponds as you to no avail.

So do the boars in my Queendom know about the change yet?...since I'm still only spawning them after about the 30th mine collection??!??

BTW, I have no problem triggering trolls, fang beasts, & skunkupines. They really love my place. Show up constantly but where, oh where the boars be?

anotherfungame
04-01-14, 08:00 AM
Collected 10 more strawberries: spawned Dire Boar 3x = 2 Tusks & Feral Magic.
Hope this keeps up so I can restock before we begin Troll Pit Part 3 in a week or two?!

ciarjen
04-01-14, 08:16 AM
I collected from all my boar triggering places first this morning. The last 2, 1 of the the sparkling mines, triggered a boar. The same old place. Then went picking strawberries & fishing ponds & wells.....again. I've picked about 100 strawberries too, ghjvcucjb, and probably as many ponds as you to no avail.

So do the boars in my Queendom know about the change yet?...since I'm still only spawning them after about the 30th mine collection??!??

BTW, I have no problem triggering trolls, fang beasts, & skunkupines. They really love my place. Show up constantly but where, oh where the boars be?

I got nothing all day until 3pm when I got two in the same strawberry harvest. You will get them, I am sure. :)

I got a tusk and some fur.

Galadraal
04-01-14, 08:51 AM
oops, I didn't go back and re-read the goals. I was so excited to get my fifth catfish, I started making the soup. As long as I keep it in the kitchen, I guess it'll be okay but I don't know if I'll be able to manage that since we only have two kitchens.

I was so grateful to finally get the boars to finish that part of the quest, I've been fishing like crazy and only gotten catfish. I have four Butterfish in storage but I guess I'm going to have to wait, or, maybe not . . . I can still go on the quest and just make another batch of soup, right? From what I've gathered, it takes more than one adventure to finish the goals.

What do you guys think?

dragon2046
04-01-14, 09:07 AM
I have to say this is one of the hardest adventures to get all the required stuff to go on. :(. I hope we don't need any of this boar stuff for this weeks update cuz it'll probably take me all week to get everything I need to go on another adventure. Fish are rare and boars are rare. If u are lucky enough to get a boar it doesn't seem to drop anything u need.

mamareader02
04-01-14, 09:13 AM
The spawn rate is better,but only getting coins and one magic bag,not a single tusk

yousthere
04-01-14, 09:45 AM
Hello Everyone! Don't know if this has been asked.

Question for anyone who has finished this goal.

After the completion of the goal, does your spawn rate of the boars improve? Or a better question does the drop rate improve?

Thanks

Queenzod
04-01-14, 09:49 AM
I have to say that I think this addition of the boars is not a good idea. They're difficult to spawn, eat lots of energy, and don't give the things we need regularly enough. Since they are now part of the game landscape, I just want to say I hope this isn't indicative of the future of this game. It seems obvious from the zillions of complaints over this latest update that players are not happy.

While it's fine to introduce a new creature, it doesn't have to be so difficult! This has literally stopped gameplay for many people, and the frustration level continues to rise. This game is already difficult, what with managing resources and energy, and waiting on rare drops. This new level of challenge is making it not as fun, and that may mean players abandon the game altogether, which is hardly what TL wants.

So, my plea to TL is to mitigate the boar storyline while it is still young. Don't have the boars eat so much energy and have them give tusks and pouches more frequently. At least the tusks, which are needed for the adventure. It shouldn't take more than, say, 5 or 6 days to collect what you need to go on an adventure. At this rate, it will take more like 3 or 4 weeks to get enough to do an adventure. That is not anyone's idea of fun! It's one thing to have something be challenging, and another thing entirely to have it be so difficult that it's just irritating and annoying.

If this was just a one-off update, and the storyline would be done after a few boars, then that would be fine. But it seems this is now permanent. This is not a sustainable storyline.

You want to keep the older players who buy gems and love this game. Don't drive them away through something that can be fixed with a tweaking of the coding.

zoo123g
04-01-14, 09:55 AM
I have to say that I think this addition of the boars is not a good idea. They're difficult to spawn, eat lots of energy, and don't give the things we need regularly enough. Since they are now part of the game landscape, I just want to say I hope this isn't indicative of the future of this game. It seems obvious from the zillions of complaints over this latest update that players are not happy.

While it's fine to introduce a new creature, it doesn't have to be so difficult! This has literally stopped gameplay for many people, and the frustration level continues to rise. This game is already difficult, what with managing resources and energy, and waiting on rare drops. This new level of challenge is making it not as fun, and that may mean players abandon the game altogether, which is hardly what TL wants.

So, my plea to TL is to mitigate the boar storyline while it is still young. Don't have the boars eat so much energy and have them give tusks and pouches more frequently. At least the tusks, which are needed for the adventure. It shouldn't take more than, say, 5 or 6 days to collect what you need to go on an adventure. At this rate, it will take more like 3 or 4 weeks to get enough to do an adventure. That is not anyone's idea of fun! It's one thing to have something be challenging, and another thing entirely to have it be so difficult that it's just irritating and annoying.

If this was just a one-off update, and the storyline would be done after a few boars, then that would be fine. But it seems this is now permanent. This is not a sustainable storyline.

You want to keep the older players who buy gems and love this game. Don't drive them away through something that can be fixed with a tweaking of the coding.

i agree. this game is getting harder and people will stop playing because of this

fabulus12
04-01-14, 09:55 AM
I've now harvested 100+ strawberries. 6 boars today, all 6 dropped fur. Not a tusk or magic bag in site. Very frustrating.
I have also gone to the ponds and well 30+ times! not a boar to be found. Again very frustrating.

newzealander
04-01-14, 10:00 AM
I think someone flipped the switch. 2 boars in 10 collections (mines and sap tree) and one even gave tusks.

ghjvcucjb
04-01-14, 10:00 AM
Silly morning update time. Morning collection of all buildings all 7 ponds/swamp and fields of strawberries. 0 boars :-(

Cesar49
04-01-14, 10:03 AM
Yes, I'm with all of the above. Strawberries and ponds between them have spawned 4 dire boars for me today, which was a great relief after days and days with none - I'm still short of 4 tusks for the first adventure. However, they dropped 2 furs, 1 troll horn and 1 creep tooth (this last created great excitement until I realised it wasn't a tusk!). Why do they have to have such random drops? By all means, make the boars rare but at least make them so that they drop the things we need when they finally show up!

Cesar49
04-01-14, 10:08 AM
On the other hand, I've had 32 assorted catfish and butterfish in the last few days - ironic, really, given that I still can't go on the adventure - so perhaps the dire boars have found out that I don't eat meat, and are not bothering to show up in my kingdom!!

eepopp
04-01-14, 10:12 AM
Yes, I'm with all of the above. Strawberries and ponds between them have spawned 4 dire boars for me today, which was a great relief after days and days with none - I'm still short of 4 tusks for the first adventure. However, they dropped 2 furs, 1 troll horn and 1 creep tooth (this last created great excitement until I realised it wasn't a tusk!). Why do they have to have such random drops? By all means, make the boars rare but at least make them so that they drop the things we need when they finally show up!

I just don't understand why Dire Boars drop Troll Horns, and Fangbeast Creeptooth and Fur.

Why are Dire Boars dipping into the Troll and Fangbeast Reward Pots?

With that logic, Fang Beasts and Trolls should be dipping into the Dire Boars' Reward Pot and drop Boar Tusks.
Trolls fight Boars, and could be carrying Tusks as trophies...., so that could make sense.
Fangbeasts could be fighting and eating Boars, so that would make sense, too.

Edit: The above is just an observation on my part that amuses me. It's not meant to be read like I have a pitchfork and torch in my hands. :D

katbtodd
04-01-14, 10:14 AM

I been playing since Nov. 2012. ,, your so right... I'm ready to give up there so many more games out there to try,,,but loved this one since day one,,, but I'm so not liking it these days,, no boars no tusks,,, sad here very sad here,,,, I'm so happy spring is coming to fill my time with some thing else. And not stress over this game,, I know a lot of players are feeling the same way ,,

belbar22
04-01-14, 10:26 AM
I also agree with the above comments. All I have done today is collect from Strawberies, sparkling mines and character houses and whilst I have spawned boars, they rarely drop tusks. I am so so fed up. It is so demoralising to finally get a boar only to find it drops fur or bones which I am already maxed on.

zoo123g
04-01-14, 10:30 AM
anything to get us to buy gems

ciarjen
04-01-14, 10:55 AM
oops, I didn't go back and re-read the goals. I was so excited to get my fifth catfish, I started making the soup. As long as I keep it in the kitchen, I guess it'll be okay but I don't know if I'll be able to manage that since we only have two kitchens.

I was so grateful to finally get the boars to finish that part of the quest, I've been fishing like crazy and only gotten catfish. I have four Butterfish in storage but I guess I'm going to have to wait, or, maybe not . . . I can still go on the quest and just make another batch of soup, right? From what I've gathered, it takes more than one adventure to finish the goals.

What do you guys think?

Definitely don't collect the soup, I would tuck the kitchen somewhere out of sight :) ......but I think the goal may complete as you put the fish in to craft the recipe, rather than when you collect it....but I am not 100% sure

The same with the club and horn goals, don't make them until the goal appears in the book.

JayUK69
04-01-14, 11:01 AM
I've had about 15 boars spawn today, only a few have dropped tusks and only had 1 feral magic. But, at least they are spawning frequently now.

zoo123g
04-01-14, 11:04 AM
I've had about 15 boars spawn today, only a few have dropped tusks and only had 1 feral magic. But, at least they are spawning frequently now.

where are you getting them beside? characters; houses?

ghjvcucjb
04-01-14, 11:07 AM

0 boars for me. If the drop rate for tusks is rare, how rare is it for those of us with zero boars?

JayUK69
04-01-14, 11:31 AM
where are you getting them beside? characters; houses?

Strawberries and ponds only, not had any from character houses. My way of spawning is, collect from swamp then strawberries straightaway and they seem to spawn for me.

oliverrr11
04-01-14, 11:37 AM
I'm one of the many that requested a boar increase and I joked about it, put up a poster, blah blah blah. My issue was that we weren't getting what we needed to even start. They fixed that now. We wanted boars, they gave us boars. More boars = more boar droppings :) to sort through and get some of the rarer items. They will come. Like everything else in this game different players are at different luck cycles at different times and it can switch very quickly (or not, but eventually will). The tusks and pouches are no different than anything else we had in the past. They are new items without a previous source, so of course we all had to start from 0 and build up, and not be able to finish the entire quest line within hours of release from maxed out inventory. It gives us something to do. This one doesn't give us a new building, decoration or a superpower. All it does is make the little book go away. There is still more than a week before the next part comes out. Everyone *should* get plenty of the needed items by then. Boars are coming out of practically everything now. We don't even know where this storyline is going yet. We already had: boars, no boars, then too many boars, back to no boars, and now boars again. I for one, appreciate TL's hard work on getting us weekly updates. And YES they DO listen and are constantly on here among us. That could be very different. Who knows if we are even ruining the storyline they worked hard to plan by demanding changes before they are ready to release them?? Just my thoughts. Don't hate :) and yes, I include myself in the "us" and "we" above.

ghjvcucjb
04-01-14, 11:52 AM
Ummmm...I've gotten 0 boars today. Fields and fields of strawberries maxed out. Collection upon collection of ponds, maxed out on fish, water and mermaid scales. So some of us are still in the same boat we all were in a few days ago. Glad some of you are getting boars practically from everything and have the opportunity to possibly getting needed items and think we all should be hunky dorey but some of us aren't getting those same opportunities.

eepopp
04-01-14, 12:03 PM
Ummmm...I've gotten 0 boars today. Fields and fields of strawberries maxed out. Collection upon collection of ponds, maxed out on fish, water and mermaid scales. So some of us are still in the same boat we all were in a few days ago. Glad some of you are getting boars practically from everything and have the opportunity to possibly getting needed items and think we all should be hunky dorey but some of us aren't getting those same opportunities.

I don't know how the back-end mojo works when TeamLava pushes out an update to spawning, but as with any time that Thursday rolls around and people don't see updates on their end..., I have to ask, "Have you tried force closing your game, relaunching it, and see if it makes a difference?"

If that doesn't change anything for you, I'm curious about your fields, ponds and wells set-up. How many are you clicking at a time? Etc. I don't think you're doing anything wrong on your end. I'm just interested to know what you're doing on your end that is resulting in such cruddy dice rolls.

meme1098
04-01-14, 12:06 PM

Another 50 energy spent on ponds, wells, & strawberries and not a single boar showed itself. Also include Thomas place in that #. I broke down & bought the tusks & horns I needed to do the first feral adventure but I'm still not getting anything, anywhere in my Queendom.
Sparkling mines should be ready in about a half hour, so not holding my breath on those either. Just wish I knew what the secret is to trigger these things.

I force close just about everyday, eepopp, and collect from ponds consecutively, then go to wells, then pick all the strawberries I have planted which number 26 at present. I have yet to spawn a boar from either if those 3.

Chriscat9
04-01-14, 12:25 PM
I am one of the kingdoms that was not triggering boars on the added items such as strawberries. I had forced closed as well as deleting and reinstalling. I decided to delete the game again and not reinstall for a couple of hours and my game now works as intended. I triggered a boar in strawberries almost immediately and even got a feral magic bag! The next boar was from saw mill but only dropped bones. I am feeling more hopeful now but I still don't like this quest. I am looking forward to something new Thursday :)

youbugme
04-01-14, 12:29 PM
I need an opinion...I held off building my swamp because I realized the boars would disappear if I did. I have collected 34 tusks and 6 feral magic so far.
Should I go ahead and build it now so I can start collecting fish? I do not have any of the newer fish and wondered if they are harder to obtain than the tusks?
Thank you to anyone who can offer advice!

ghjvcucjb
04-01-14, 12:31 PM
I don't know how the back-end mojo works when TeamLava pushes out an update to spawning, but as with any time that Thursday rolls around and people don't see updates on their end..., I have to ask, "Have you tried force closing your game, relaunching it, and see if it makes a difference?"

If that doesn't change anything for you, I'm curious about your fields, ponds and wells set-up. How many are you clicking at a time? Etc. I don't think you're doing anything wrong on your end. I'm just interested to know what you're doing on your end that is resulting in such cruddy dice rolls.

I force close every evening and open new in the morning. I force close before every update. I force close after every announcement say boars added to strawberries, ponds and wells. I force close every time someone says force close even if ive already force close. I'll be forceclosing after i post this just because the word force close was used. Believe me, I'm the force close queen.

My fields are all grouped together. My ponds and swamp are grouped toghether. And when I had my wells out they were grouped together with the ponds. My character buildings are mainly grouped toghether with a very few exceptions. My sparkling mines and deep mines are grouped together. When I collect specifically for a goal, I collect ALL buildings or ponds or crops all at once. In this specific case I do ALL of them at once. I stop collecting from other items and spend all energies on those sources. I never collect one or a few items at a time. I only collect in bulk.

midnightmeerkat
04-01-14, 12:35 PM
I need an opinion...I held off building my swamp because I realized the boars would disappear if I did. I have collected 34 tusks and 6 feral magic so far.
Should I go ahead and build it now so I can start collecting fish? I do not have any of the newer fish and wondered if they are harder to obtain than the tusks?
For me the fish are easier to get than tusks....

eepopp
04-01-14, 12:35 PM
Another 50 energy spent on ponds, wells, & strawberries and not a single boar showed itself. Also include Thomas place in that #. I broke down & bought the tusks & horns I needed to do the first feral adventure but I'm still not getting anything, anywhere in my Queendom.
Sparkling mines should be ready in about a half hour, so not holding my breath on those either. Just wish I knew what the secret is to trigger these things.

I force close just about everyday, eepopp, and collect from ponds consecutively, then go to wells, then pick all the strawberries I have planted which number 26 at present. I have yet to spawn a boar from either if those 3.

I honestly think you're just getting a bad dice roll streak from the Random Number Generator (RNG).

I honestly think there are just good and bad luck streaks. I don't think there is anything wrong with the triggers/spawns. The rewards maybe, but not the spawns.

For a test, I popped an Alicorn to bring my energy up over 50 to mirror your situation. I got two Boars within that time.

Of a 60 plot strawberry field, I got a boar spawned on the 5th collection.
http://i62.tinypic.com/213rz2c.jpg

It dropped a tusk upon defeat.
http://i59.tinypic.com/2a0m03s.jpg

For my 14 Ponds and 2 Sparkling Mines, I got nothing.
http://i62.tinypic.com/w82lw8.jpg

For my 16 wells, I got nothing.
http://i62.tinypic.com/8z1x7k.jpg

I went back to my Strawberries, and got a Boar to spawn within 4 collections.
http://i62.tinypic.com/jfxo5h.jpg

ghjvcucjb
04-01-14, 12:38 PM

JMHO but since boars are spawning so well for you and those items you mentioned are random drops, I would wait on the swamp and take a few days to max out on tusks and get as many magic bags as you can. Then place the swamp if you really want to on Wednesday or Thursday. Once you place it, the boars are still rare to none and even if you get them the drops are still rare and random. I get most of my new fish from ponds. About 1/11 collections. So build a fee more ponds and keep a count to your collections. If after 14 you don't have any fish then consider placing swamp otherwise focus on the boars.

meme1098
04-01-14, 12:40 PM
Looks like strawberries are your lucky charm. Maybe my luck will change soon. Hope so since I haven't had anything but bad luck for like a week.

ghjvcucjb
04-01-14, 12:43 PM
Honestly, I don't really care (yet). I don't mind long term goals. I just get a little irritated when people who are lucky or are now getting stuff they were just complaining about start telling those of us who aren't as lucky to mellow out. I was just pointing out that some of us are stuck in the same boat they were in when they were not happy. So a little understanding would be appreciated

oliverrr11
04-01-14, 12:45 PM
Try my routine. I put a turkey in the oven to roast. While that cooks, I go out and look for a penny heads up and pick it up. (being oh so careful not to walk under a ladder or step on a crack during my search). By the time I get home again the turkey is done. I then get the wishbone out of it and while I wait for it to dry out I have a duel with myself in the mirror with a closed umbrella (*resisting. urge. to. open. it. indoors.) I then make a wish on the wishbone and break it, rub a rabbits foot, spin around 3 times while patting myself on the head, then collect.

Ps: I never swing close enough to the mirror to break it, and I don't spill salt during the turkey prep.

youbugme
04-01-14, 12:47 PM
JMHO but since boars are spawning so well for you and those items you mentioned are random drops, I would wait on the swamp and take a few days to max out on tusks and get as many magic bags as you can. Then place the swamp if you really want to on Wednesday or Thursday. Once you place it, the boars are still rare to none and even if you get them the drops are still rare and random. I get most of my new fish from ponds. About 1/11 collections. So build a fee more ponds and keep a count to your collections. If after 14 you don't have any fish then consider placing swamp otherwise focus on the boars.
Thank you ghjvcucjb and midnightmeerkat.
I don't have any of the new fish and I fish constantly to trigger the boars, so I had to wonder what to do. It's good advice, I will continue to collect as many tusks as I can before I place it. Thanks!

eepopp
04-01-14, 12:51 PM
Honestly, I don't really care (yet). I don't mind long term goals. I just get a little irritated when people who are lucky or are now getting stuff they were just complaining about start telling those of us who aren't as lucky to mellow out. I was just pointing out that some of us are stuck in the same boat they were in when they were not happy. So a little understanding would be appreciated

I would never tell anyone to mellow out. I get frustrated at this game quite often, and every time I see someone saying to chill out, I get upset. If/when I vent, I just want to be heard.

I hear you loud and clear.

My posts weren't meant in any way to diminish your frustration. I just wanted to show that if you're patient, you'll eventually get on the good streak.

Tomorrow, I'll probably be batting zero...., but today, I'm just going to let the good times roll.

ciarjen
04-01-14, 12:56 PM

You need 12 tusks per adventure. I got 1 pelt from my first adventure and you need 3 to complete the quest. You also need a few more tusks and some feral magic. So if I was you, I would not place swampy pond yet.

From what was said at the beginning of this thread, part 3 of this quest is not due out this week.

The new fish you should be able to collect within a day or two.

ghjvcucjb
04-01-14, 01:12 PM
I would never tell anyone to mellow out. I get frustrated at this game quite often, and every time I see someone saying to chill out, I get upset. If/when I vent, I just want to be heard.

I hear you loud and clear.

My posts weren't meant in any way to diminish your frustration. I just wanted to show that if you're patient, you'll eventually get on the good streak.

Tomorrow, I'll probably be batting zero...., but today, I'm just going to let the good times roll.

No no, it wasn't you. I understand you were trying to help out. Sorry, only had one cup of coffee this morning combined with high hopes for silly boars made me grumpy. I've had my second cup and the world is a happier place so I'm moving on.

ETA :After approximately 70+ strawberries I got a boar! Only dropped coins and a bone but at least it was a boar. My only concern is that TL is training me to whine on the forums then something shows up in my kingdom. It's all coincidental but Pavlov's dog syndrome.

rabsos
04-01-14, 01:14 PM
Oh finally! Thanks TL got 4
Boars in a row just from strawberries!! Yay!

Queenzod
04-01-14, 01:20 PM
No no, it wasn't you. I understand you were trying to help out. Sorry, only had one cup of coffee this morning combined with high hopes for silly boars made me grumpy. I've had my second cup and the world is a happier place so I'm moving on.

You can be as grumpy as you like! I'm grumpy frequently. It's okay. I hear ya - there's no need to apologize. This game means a lot to a lot of people and it's frustrating and angrifying when things are messed up and you're not getting the boar love you crave. My boars are still on the slim side. I've gotten two today via strawberries. I still only have one tusk and now one feral pouches thing. This is gonna take forever, and frankly, I don't have the patience right now to deal with it effectively.

I'm gonna go eat some chocolate and take a nap. I recommend some form of food therapy. Hugs!

midnightmeerkat
04-01-14, 01:26 PM
Just harvested 36 strawberries and got 3 boars/2 tusks

tcgms17
04-01-14, 01:31 PM
Very well said. Like others, I'm a long time player and absolutely love this game. Yes, the appearance of boars has improved, but many of us are still only getting a couple. And boar relevant tusks and bags are so rare I doubt they even exist. The challenge and calculations of how to manage our kingdoms and work through the goals has been taken out of our hands. The fun of the game is rapidly diminishing. I can't help but wonder why this storyline and it's goals have strayed so far from the game so many of us love.

meme1098
04-01-14, 01:36 PM
This is gonna take forever, and frankly, I don't have the patience right now to deal with it effectively.

I'm gonna go eat some chocolate and take a nap. I recommend some form of food therapy. Hugs!

Ahhhh...chocolate & a nap....great blood pressure stabilizers. Think I'll join you & have some chocolate too.

kooky panda
04-01-14, 01:38 PM
Harvested 34 strawberries, got one boar/1 tusk.

belbar22
04-01-14, 01:53 PM
Ahhhh...chocolate & a nap....great blood pressure stabilizers. Think I'll join you & have some chocolate too.

Me three... When the going gets tough, the tough reach for chocolate.

bigtail2
04-01-14, 02:01 PM
I've now harvested 100+ strawberries. 6 boars today, all 6 dropped fur. Not a tusk or magic bag in site. Very frustrating.
I have also gone to the ponds and well 30+ times! not a boar to be found. Again very frustrating.

Me, too! And I have finished the goal, so that ****s the "rare items reappear as soon as you don't need them anymore" theory. It would be nice to actually be able to send my knights on their new adventure.

desdefoe
04-01-14, 02:27 PM
Strawberries seems to be a trick. Got 2 boars in 2 days from them

loui5e
04-01-14, 03:26 PM
Strawberries seems to be a trick. Got 2 boars in 2 days from them

Me too, but both dropped fur :(

Cesar49
04-01-14, 03:28 PM
About to turn in for the night, I totted it up. In total today I got 8 dire boars. Great!! However, Not one tusk, no feral magic ( I've never got that), but furs - maxed out on them, troll essence - maxed out on, troll horn - maxed out on, creep tooth - maxed out, and bone - maxed ... you get the message! None of the other monsters give the others' drops, so why should it happen with the boars? I'm really fed up now. :(

vednir
04-01-14, 03:35 PM
Does this week's quest have any expiration dates? I'm assuming no since this is part of the main storyline.

I'm not planning on building my swampy pond until I'm maxxed out on tusks and hopefully will have more feral magic on hand too by then.

belbar22
04-01-14, 03:37 PM
Does this week's quest have any expiration dates? I'm assuming no since this is part of the main storyline.

I'm not planning on building my swampy pond until I'm maxxed out on tusks and hopefully will have more feral magic on hand too by then.

Very sensible. Wish I had done that, but I got really fed up with all the boars and the constant drain in energy.....if only I had known.

ginrae22
04-01-14, 03:38 PM
Yep I was collecting from strawberries (by the way pretty sure no one mentioned before that strawberries can trigger them) and I was shocked I FINALLY got my third boar. Ironically now I have to wait 16 hours for the troll pit since I collected from it hoping to get a boar. Oh well!

belbar22
04-01-14, 04:01 PM
Just got a boar from a sawmill. Unfortunately no energy left and off to bed. Will need to defeat it in the morning. I really hope it drops a tusk.

meme1098
04-01-14, 04:40 PM
Well...I took drastic measures. Earlier this afternoon I deleted CS and waited a bit before reinstalling. Waited for my energy to regenerate and just started picking some strawberries. 2nd patch triggered a boar and holy mackerel, I got a tusk! Started picking some more and the 2nd one again triggered a boar that dropped another tusk. I couldn't believe my eyes!
Did my luck change or did reinstalling the app help? Who knows....& now I'll probably go days & days again without nary a boar in sight. Keeping positive thoughts for everyone else to get some decent luck though.

Em_storm
04-01-14, 04:43 PM
Yep I was collecting from strawberries (by the way pretty sure no one mentioned before that strawberries can trigger them) and I was shocked I FINALLY got my third boar. Ironically now I have to wait 16 hours for the troll pit since I collected from it hoping to get a boar. Oh well!

Me too! That Troll Swamp had been verrrry effective in repelling the boars. I was collecting from every pond, well, and building trying to trigger them. I got everything except, even a lovecupine. I had a patch of strawberries that I hadn't collected because I figured they would trigger a fangbeast. I collected 9 strawberries and got 2 boars. Now to wait 12 hours for the troll pit....

kooky panda
04-01-14, 04:44 PM
Well...I took drastic measures. Earlier this afternoon I deleted CS and waited a bit before reinstalling. Waited for my energy to regenerate and just started picking some strawberries. 2nd patch triggered a boar and holy mackerel, I got a tusk! Started picking some more and the 2nd one again triggered a boar that dropped another tusk. I couldn't believe my eyes!
Did my luck change or did reinstalling the app help? Who knows....& now I'll probably go days & days again without nary a boar in sight. Keeping positive thoughts for everyone else to get some decent luck though.
I also deleted and redownloaded the game this afternoon. Now I have gotten around 4 boars from harvesting strawberries.

fabulus12
04-01-14, 04:54 PM
Me three... When the going gets tough, the tough reach for chocolate.
I'll bring the wine if you share the chocolate.

I'm getting boars harvesting strawberries, I've gotten 3 furs, 2 horns and finally 1 tusk. I still don't believe the magic exists, I've never seen it.

Queenzod
04-01-14, 04:59 PM
I'll bring the wine if you share the chocolate.

They just opened a trader joes in my town, and they have VERY large chocolate bars for VERY little money. I'll be glad to bring the chocolate, but do you have any whine instead of wine? Actually, what am I saying? My house is FULL of whine today! I have more than enough to share! :)

mamareader02
04-01-14, 05:18 PM
I also deleted and redownloaded the game this afternoon. Now I have gotten around 4 boars from harvesting strawberries.

Which would be better,re downloading from " purchased" list ,or from App Store?

jojoreibo
04-01-14, 05:51 PM
Lol, you people are so silly...all these "threats" of quitting the game, being over it, etc.... really, re-read these posts, it's quite a joke. I come here to see what's going to be needed for the current quests, and luckily some of you speed through the quests, allowing for others, like me, to benifit from your gem spends. Thank you to you speed questers.
But, seriously, if you all just chilled out a little, took your time, and enjoyed the game...the boars will arrive.
Threatening TL, whining, complaining, acting like poor sports, really isn't working...is it? I believe only one comment from TL staff, letting you know about strawberries, has been made in two days. Hmmmmmmmm, wonder why?
My suggestion, relax, stop trying to finish everything so quickly, it's only Tuesday...

GC5410
04-01-14, 06:11 PM
For people who haven't placed their swampy pond yet and are wondering how long to wait before doing so i.e. Whether to max out on tusks or not:

I placed my swampy pond with 60 tusks and 7 magic.
I started this weeks goal with 60 tusks and 7 magic.
I finished this weeks goals with 40 tusks and 5 magic.
I did not buy any tusks/magic with gems.
I did not get any additional tusks or magic from boars (therefore any additional tusks/magic were gained from adventures only).
It took me 2 adventures to finish this weeks goals (I got 2 pelts from each adventure).