PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 03/27/2014 Update Troll Tribe Part 2

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

my607
03-28-14, 01:04 PM
I'm thinking that if there's no update next week then this goal will take time to complete. Especially the one going on the new adventure. I guess only time will tell.

Anyuszko
03-28-14, 01:06 PM
You need 12 tusks to craft items for 1 adventure. You will need 3 pelts so at least 3 adventures if the pelts are a certain drop each time.

Yes and atm we do not know how many adventures do we have to go tru

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-28-14, 01:09 PM
I'm not rushing toward a finish line since I'm not one to skip or buy items with gems to move along. I like being able to do the quests in no hurry but the spawn rate for boars is nearly nonexistent, not to mention the drops from them when you do get them.

When the collection items that spawn boars is once a day or so and not even guaranteed then something's wrong, especially when fang beasts, trolls & skunkupines are popping up all over the place.

My earlier post wasn't to any 1 person in particular but to pretty much everybody lol. It seems like I'm the only one on here *not* freaking out about the drops... even those players who say they're not freaking out yet (but really are lol).

I get it, I really do...I've had 1 boar since placing my swamp, at one of my sparkling mines (nothing else mentioned works for me either)... but to be honest, I'm enjoying the break because now I can actually get something else done in my queendom besides fighting boars every time I turn around on every single thing I collect, like was the case pre-swamp.
I've finally managed to collect the 5 butterfish but only 2 catfish so far...And again, they'll also come along when they do. No point in banging my head against the wall or letting any of this raise my blood pressure. ;) Too many real life things do that to me lol. Besides, if everything in this game were guaranteed, then I'd lose interest real fast, cuz where's the challenge in that?

One thing that DOES still confuse me tho is why are the boars dropping FUR when they have PELTS?? ...that kinda doesn't make sense lol.

Seriously700
03-28-14, 01:11 PM
My experience is as follows:

1) even though I have the knowledge shard for monsters, I do not get "better quality" of drops from the dire boar - never more than 1 item. Is that an oversight?

2) during part 1, I ****ed at least 10 dire boars before I got one of their unique items. I did not speed up anything with gems, but I had most of the items needed in stock so I was ready within a couple of days to build the pond. Having read the forum, I delayed placing the pond for about a day in order to acquire more tusks and feral magic. But while I had very frequent energy-sucking boar attacks, I continued to rarely get the unique items so I gave up and built the pond. I now have 17 tusks and 4 feral magic - which will not get me very far in this quest.

3) despite very frequent play, I'm averaging 1 dire boar a day since building the pond. If the tusk drop rate is even 20% (which is twice what I think I've been getting), it will take me 2 months to collect enough tusks for 1 adventure! Is that the intention of the developers?

4) on a second account I play with my son, we are still on part 1 because we don't have enough troll essence. We initially needed 6 more essence - only got 2 over the past week since the trolls have gone into hiding, so this part will likely take another couple of weeks. It is very tedious to constantly battle the boars over-running the kingdom. And even with 5 days of boar overload, we have 26 tusks which still won't be enough to complete the quest if 3 adventures are needed.

I really just don't see the math adding up here. If you need a couple of weeks of fighting boars constantly to get sufficient tusks for the quest, then maybe a prereq for building the pond should be having x number of tusks (12 x 3 adventures plus 5?). But I think it won't be enjoyable to be fighting that many boars for such a long time and people will lose interest. So apart from tweaking the appearance rate of the boars, can you revisit the rate at which they drop tusks and feral magic?

Thanks

meme1098
03-28-14, 01:13 PM
Yes, NorthWoodsKingdom, I've gotten fur from the boars too, many times in fact (pre-swamp also). You'd think the pelts would drop from them. :D

olcastle
03-28-14, 01:18 PM
Next week will not be the release of Part 3. Can you guess what it'll be instead? ;) :confused:

I know! We'll be busy with this week goals, looking for boars.

Enjoy, everyone!

Sorry, not this time...

meme1098
03-28-14, 01:20 PM
My experience is as follows:

2) during part 1, I ****ed at least 10 dire boars before I got one of their unique items. I did not speed up anything with gems, but I had most of the items needed in stock so I was ready within a couple of days to build the pond. Having read the forum, I delayed placing the pond for about a day in order to acquire more tusks and feral magic. But while I had very frequent energy-sucking boar attacks, I continued to rarely get the unique items so I gave up and built the pond. I now have 17 tusks and 4 feral magic - which will not get me very far in this quest.

3) despite very frequent play, I'm averaging 1 dire boar a day since building the pond. If the tusk drop rate is even 20% (which is twice what I think I've been getting), it will take me 2 months to collect enough tusks for 1 adventure! Is that the intention of the developers?

I really just don't see the math adding up here. If you need a couple of weeks of fighting boars constantly to get sufficient tusks for the quest, then maybe a prereq for building the pond should be having x number of tusks (12 x 3 adventures plus 5?). But I think it won't be enjoyable to be fighting that many boars for such a long time and people will lose interest. So apart from tweaking the appearance rate of the boars, can you revisit the rate at which they drop tusks and feral magic?

Thanks

Wow..I never really thought about doing the math but you've really given me something to think about. This is like another alicorn/burning ember quest.
I'm sure hoping that was not your intention here TL & you'll do something to remedy the situation.

and P.S.
Part 3 of this goal shouldn't be released until the middle of May at the earliest since we'll still be hunting for the rare boar tusks until then.

sassmastah
03-28-14, 01:22 PM
Everyone I think we need to cool our jets. It's only been 24 hrs since this quest began. As someone mentioned earlier, most of the Boar spawn points have long wait times (8-12 hrs for Ivy & Thurston's place, a full day for the magic garden & tablet, 4 hrs for Sabina's house and Sparkling Mines). Literally the only thing we could be harvesting consistently to spawn Dire Boars is the Iron Rich Rock, and we only just found out about that recently. By contrast, all the other beasts can be spawned from Crops, which can be collected very frequently.

So even though it's frustrating to be searching for something that seems unattainable, can we all please take a big breath, relax, and try to enjoy the game for what it is? I have confidence in Glimmergate and Aggwyn - they always listen to our feedback and adjust the game accordingly - all in due time. Again, it's only been 24 hours since the quest began.

My hope is that TL will add more spawn points for the Dire Boars. In Part 1 of the quest, they were spawning from Glimmertroves, Ponds, Wells, and Mr. Pigglesworth. Since Part 2 began, no one has reported them spawning from those places anymore. Please brings those spawn points back to even out the playing field. Thank you!!

Queenzod
03-28-14, 01:29 PM
Everyone I think we need to cool our jets. It's only been 24 hrs since this quest began. As someone mentioned earlier, most of the Boar spawn points have long wait times (8-12 hrs for Ivy & Thurston's place, a full day for the magic garden & tablet, 4 hrs for Sabina's house and Sparkling Mines). Literally the only thing we could be harvesting consistently to spawn Dire Boars is the Iron Rich Rock, and we only just found out about that recently. By contrast, all the other beasts can be spawned from Crops, which can be collected very frequently.

So even though it's frustrating to be searching for something that seems unattainable, can we all please take a big breath, relax, and try to enjoy the game for what it is? I have confidence in Glimmergate and Aggwyn - they always listen to our feedback and adjust the game accordingly - all in due time. Again, it's only been 24 hours since the quest began.

My hope is that TL will add more spawn points for the Dire Boars. In Part 1 of the quest, they were spawning from Glimmertroves, Ponds, Wells, and Mr. Pigglesworth. Since Part 2 began, no one has reported them spawning from those places anymore. Please brings those spawn points back to even out the playing field. Thank you!!

It's no fun if you're going to be reasonable about it. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-28-14, 01:30 PM
...(edit)...
One thing that DOES still confuse me tho is why are the boars dropping FUR when they have PELTS?? ...that kinda doesn't make sense lol.

Yes, NorthWoodsKingdom, I've gotten fur from the boars too, many times in fact (pre-swamp also). You'd think the pelts would drop from them. :D

Ohhhhhh!! I know!! ...in part 5, we'll be able to *craft* 1 PELT with 99 FUR in the workshop!! LMAO

...sorry, I'm getting punchy now lol

Ps. Thx sassmastah, for being a voice of reason :)
Pss. LOL @ olcastle & Queenzod!

jessicattt
03-28-14, 01:32 PM
The boars are definitely not as common as the other beasts. Please help us TL!

paddock4
03-28-14, 01:36 PM
I am also frustrated. 4 DB any drop. I can never finish the quest:(

sassmastah
03-28-14, 01:44 PM
It's no fun if you're going to be reasonable about it. :)

lmao... you make an excellent point... now who's being the reasonable one!? :p

Listen, I enjoy a good tantrum/hissy fit as much as the next gal. And as the players of this game, we have every right to voice our frustration. I just think there comes a point where we need to reign it in and let the game developers do their thing.

If nothing has changed by... I don't know, Monday evening, I say let's storm the Team Lava corporate headquarters armed with feral magic pouches and show them we mean business!

Oliverrr11 says we can find them on SkyMall. Man, they have everything there.

sassmastah
03-28-14, 01:46 PM
The boars are definitely not as common as the other beasts. Please help us TL!

They only seem as though they are less common because they spawn from places with infrequent collection times.

dalechristel
03-28-14, 01:49 PM
After thinking about this a little more, I'm kind of happy that this is going to take awhile. It's been several months since I've had more then one quest line open, so I'm looking forward to having more then one thing to accomplish at a time. So what if this takes a month to complete?? It beats trying to get the max number of royal/enchanted/ornate blocks/beams all the time.

preinsko
03-28-14, 01:51 PM
I feel the need to comment here as well. Given that boar item drops are necessary to complete the whole quest I only bought the first trap, no use buying traps if I still need the boars. Since I began the quest I have collected from every building & resource at least once and more for those with short drop time. I have faught off 4 skunkupines, 3/4 fang beasts, and 5 or 6 trolls, no dire boars. Before the swamp I only got 2 feral magic and 21 tusks.
I am frustrated because I spend energy in the wrong way. With so many people complaining maybe TL should take a second look. Is there a prerequisite not met? BTW I am on the humans don't understand.

Anyuszko
03-28-14, 01:56 PM
This game teaches patience. With the sapling quest I learned not to speed with gems. Not running through the quest I was able to build up 2 saplings, however it took me more time, also a few gems too. This time, with not running ahead, i was able to stock up boar drops however I was not sure we should need it ( I thought we would need a couple of magics and I thought tusk should be a pointless drop - well it is not). But I was think ing to fight boars for a week (until part 2), I had no more quests left, so why not.

eepopp
03-28-14, 01:59 PM
They only seem as though they are less common because they spawn from places with infrequent collection times.

And then there's the unreliable reward drop. Even if you get a rare Dire Boar to spawn, it will not always drop a Tusk or Feral Magic item.

Problem 1: Dire Boar spawn / trigger frequency
Problem 2: Unreliable Reward Drop that exasperates Problem #1

meme1098
03-28-14, 02:00 PM
And then there's the unreliable reward drop. Even if you get a rare Dire Boar to spawn, it will not always drop a Tusk or Feral Magic item.

Problem 1: Dire Boar spawn / trigger infrequency
Problem 2: Unreliable Reward Drop that exasperates Problem #1

In a nutshell!

(wow....in about 28 hours we have nearly 270 posts. Has to be a record?!)

vednir
03-28-14, 02:29 PM
Does anyone have a picture of a boar pelt? When do these start dropping from the boars?

Liloze
03-28-14, 02:30 PM
I am getting no boars anywhere and my Ponds are not giving neither Catfish nor Butterfish, is anyone having my same "Fishy" problem?! :p

hawkeye58
03-28-14, 02:32 PM
I'm going to give this game just a few more days then I'm out of here. I've spent real money and feel I'm getting taken to the cleaners. If I don't get a few DB's over the next few days, TL can consider my in game purchases over. I'm getting really t-ed off about this right now.

Liloze
03-28-14, 02:35 PM
The Irony is that when I was swamped with boars they were giving Furs! I have 13 Boars Tusks , 3 Feral Magic nothing else from like Gazillion Boars that skoed up before I installed the Swampy Pond! :rolleyes:

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-28-14, 02:53 PM
No catfish or butterfish from regular ponds for me either...nor the mermaid pond (which IS a pond, right? lol). And I bought 2 more reg ponds, too, but only the swampy pond has given me the new fishies. Too bad we can't get another one of THOSE.
Oh well, taking it all in stride. No worries...
Breathe, y'all...b-r-e-a-t-h-e. ;)

Liloze
03-28-14, 03:01 PM
No catfish or butterfish from regular ponds for me either...nor the mermaid pond (which IS a pond, right? lol). And I bought 2 more reg ponds, too, but only the swampy pond has given me the new fishies. Too bad we can't get another one of THOSE.
Oh well, taking it all in stride. No worries...
Breathe, y'all...b-r-e-a-t-h-e. ;)

Yep Only the SP is giving these fishies lol, you're funny, watchout though! Do not take a deep breath near Swampy Pond lol:p

roguebee
03-28-14, 03:02 PM
I've managed to trigger two boars today, one from the Tablet and the other from Thurston's Fort and got one set of tusks for my efforts. I've had better luck fishing, but that seems like all I've done today. They come both from the pond and the swamp. I've got both meals currently cooking.

jessicattt
03-28-14, 03:19 PM
I'm doing okay with the new fish but no boars. I'm hoping I get some before the end of the weekend!

outfildr
03-28-14, 03:25 PM
I have been getting the catfish and butterfish from the regular ponds and the mermaid pond. It hasn't happened very often but it has happened.

eepopp
03-28-14, 03:26 PM
I am getting no boars anywhere and my Ponds are not giving neither Catfish nor Butterfish, is anyone having my same "Fishy" problem?! :p

I've collected over 30 of each fish so far. Here's my layout. I get 2-4 fish, and 3-7 mermaid scales per run.

(The pesky Dire Boars are my only problem.)

http://i57.tinypic.com/1zou3km.jpg

outfildr
03-28-14, 03:27 PM
I wish more boars would show up!!! They have a terrible spawn rate!

mamareader02
03-28-14, 03:42 PM
Bashed cropping of iron rich rock,if that's one of their spawn actions,it ain't working,everyone can't be wrong,something is still holding back the boars

mamareader02
03-28-14, 03:44 PM
Meant bashed at least 7 droppings ,that surely should have brought them on,nope

Liloze
03-28-14, 03:45 PM
I've collected over 30 of each fish so far. Here's my layout. I get 2-4 fish, and 3-7 mermaid scales per run.

(The pesky Dire Boars are my only problem.)

http://i57.tinypic.com/1zou3km.jpg

Woow ;) Nice, wish I had more space to buy me more ponds, though my luck in fishing isn't good until now , neither triggering boars ...yeah well ...they will show up sooner or later...:)

eepopp
03-28-14, 03:47 PM
Droprate on boars is the same as the droprate for trolls, skunkupines, and fangbeasts (it's all identical).

Those of you having trouble finding boars, try these:
- Sparkling Mine
- Character's houses (like Ivy's Hut and Thurston's Fort)
- Special buildings (like the Tablet of Tabernum and the Magic Garden)
- Iron Rich Rock

You chased the boars off pretty well last week, but they won't stay deceived for long - expect boars to spawn from more places soon!

I chopped 8 Iron Rich Rocks, and a Dire Boar did not show up.

Steps:
I used 2 Alicorns to bring up my energy to 96.
I placed 8 Iron Rich Rocks.
I chopped them 64 times, and no Boar spawned.

Should a Boar have been triggered? Or is this a bug? Can you please ask your QA team to check?

http://i62.tinypic.com/2ytwb5i.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/acuzo6.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/11izk8h.jpg

jptheripper
03-28-14, 04:03 PM
i agree. I am at close to 70 collections of "qualifying" items with no boars. Seems like the logic is a bit off

hawkeye58
03-28-14, 04:06 PM
Once I saw that maybe the iron pile may spawn a DB, I placed two and bashed them both. Nothing. I even deleted and reinstalled my game. This quest is way over the top of difficulty. I think it is set up to be gem trap to move on. Getting fed up real quick.

mamareader02
03-28-14, 04:15 PM
Once I saw that maybe the iron pile may spawn a DB, I placed two and bashed them both. Nothing. I even deleted and reinstalled my game. This quest is way over the top of difficulty. I think it is set up to be gem trap to move on. Getting fed up real quick.

You're not already?! Props to your patience! Had a gem sale today,was gonna buy,but after this baloney and FS2 update,no way,saving my money!

meme1098
03-28-14, 04:22 PM
Droprate on boars is the same as the droprate for trolls, skunkupines, and fangbeasts (it's all identical).

Those of you having trouble finding boars, try these:
- Sparkling Mine
- Character's houses (like Ivy's Hut and Thurston's Fort)
- Special buildings (like the Tablet of Tabernum and the Magic Garden)
- Iron Rich Rock

You chased the boars off pretty well last week, but they won't stay deceived for long - expect boars to spawn from more places soon!

Are you sure about the iron rich rock being coded to spawn boars?

Everyone on here that busted those rocks didn't spawn a single one and someone whacked 8 of them without any luck !

So...it's not looking like that's a source for boars.

oliverrr11
03-28-14, 04:25 PM
Bought 10 iron rich rock piles since seeing that they are a source. 7 chopped and into the eighth but now out of energy and alicorns. Not one boar. Has anybody (even 1 person) gotten any boars triggered from iron rock??

ginrae22
03-28-14, 04:28 PM
I have not successfully gotten a dire boar since yesterday. Sorry but no they are not popping up as frequently as the other monsters no matter what anyone says. I've spent all my energy all day long trying for them and nothing.

eepopp
03-28-14, 04:34 PM
Bought 10 iron rich rock piles since seeing that they are a source. 7 chopped and into the eighth but now out of energy and alicorns. Not one boar. Has anybody (even 1 person) gotten any boars triggered from iron rock??

The weird thing is that if the Dire Boars have the same percentage to spawn as a Troll, Skunkupine or Fang Beast, then 60 chops is definitely a reasonable sample size to check. With a full 60 plots of wheat, cocoa, glimmerbulbs or corn, I ALWAYS get a beast triggered. I could have placed 12 Iron Rich Rocks (96 energy, which I had...), but figured 64 was close enough to what I get with harvesting crops.

my607
03-28-14, 04:43 PM
I got nothing chopping the rock.

TucsonJudy
03-28-14, 04:45 PM
Ohhh, the butterfish is so cute! Makes me feel guilty that miso butterfish is one of my favorite dishes to have on Friday evenings.

Ackkk I hate fish...lol maybe thats why I'm not getting any from the ponds or swamp...lol

oliverrr11
03-28-14, 04:48 PM
I keep chopping iron and chopping iron thinking "this one is gonna do it!" And..........nothing. I think my mind is starting to go...
Reminds me of the Albert Einstein quote "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Galadraal
03-28-14, 05:20 PM
Hi all,

The Dire Boar spawn rate is the same as a Skunkupine/Fangbeast/Troll. The reason you encountered a Dire Boar so frequently before completing the Swampy Pond was explained in the story.

The Kingdom was under attack by A LOT of Dire Boars. To combat the attack on the Kingdom, Kaz suggested we build a Swampy Pond to keep them away. Once the Swampy Pond was built, the boars retreated.

I hope this clears up the confusion =)!

sorry, but that's a load of rubbish; no one is buying that. I am not getting ANY boars; all the places I'm supposed to get them and used to get them I'm not. Anyone who has been playing for any length of time know for a FACT that when something is required for a quest the amount diminishes during that time. It is not just because we are looking for it either. I have gotten a bunch of trolls where we're supposed to get the Dire Boars and I have tried restarting the game.

I know when they were rampaging the kingdom we would see them more often but they have completely disappeared from my game once the goal came up. Before the goal I think I got one or two; like you said in your post, "the same drop rate as the Skunkupine/ Fangbeast/ Troll", but with the goal, zero, zip, nada

rabsos
03-28-14, 05:32 PM
I keep chopping iron and chopping iron thinking "this one is gonna do it!" And..........nothing. I think my mind is starting to go...
Reminds me of the Albert Einstein quote "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Haha I guess then their are a lot of people going insane on this forum we are all looking for a boar and no one has found one yet.

rabsos
03-28-14, 05:38 PM
I read aggwyns post saying that we built the swampy pond to help help controlling them..I was thinking what would happen if we put it away?? No swamp more boars...I'm not crazy I swear.. :(

froltojo
03-28-14, 05:43 PM
I'm confused....aren't the traps supposed to have the critter caught in them? I have chopped two, but no boar in either one.

I didn't get a boar from my trap either so I'm not buying another! Before anyone asks.....I did not have another beastie lurking anywhere to prevent the dire boar from appearing.
Since this part of the story started I have got one boar from a level 5 mine but no others. I've tried everything suggested by others. Have collected from every building in my kingdom...more than once. Have battled numerous other types of beasts. Have tried mushrooms, various crops, iron rich rocks etc etc. Tiresome!

judyvines
03-28-14, 05:49 PM
I just returned from my first adventure. I got one feral magic pouch, two boar tusks, two boar pelts, one earth wisp, and one boar trap. Looks like more than one adventure will be needed.

AVAL0NIAN
03-28-14, 05:59 PM
If this helps. I had to wait on my secret garden x 2 to get the boars. The fishes just required persistence and eventually I got all 10 after about 60 attempts at the ponds.

zuma022
03-28-14, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure if this is what TL wanted but I'm back in restocking mode. As in I check the game a few times a day only and make items I use a lot. I'll wait for next Thu's update, as it's not connected to the troll pit, I'd rather get ready for that. This goal now seems a long term goal like the badges. I'll keep plugging away if and when I get a boar but I haven't seen one since placing the swamp, so I'm not going to stress. It's obviously not meant to be done in a week.

Queenzod
03-28-14, 06:04 PM
I read aggwyns post saying that we built the swampy pond to help help controlling them..I was thinking what would happen if we put it away?? No swamp more boars...I'm not crazy I swear.. :(

Somebody already tried that. Didn't work.

I haven't had a single DB since yesterday morning. There is definitely something wrong here. So, I'm just gonna have to pretend this quest line isn't happening and get on with my regular business. Which is, of course, World Domination. TL will have to figure this out eventually or there's going to be a mass exodus. Not that it isn't threatened constantly, but there's fun and then there's this level of aggravation. If I wanted to stay this aggravated, I'd watch the news. :)

oliverrr11
03-28-14, 06:14 PM

That's what crazy people say....

Many posters on here have said that storing swamp made no difference.

Now me? Yeah, I'm crazy. (That's what sane people say)

Chopped the remaining iron piles for a total of ten - no boar. BUT..... I got a GOLDEN NUGGET!!!!! Do you know what this means? Of course you do!!! I FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET A BOAR FROM IRON RICH ROCK!!! Yeah, Baby!!!
It is so simple! The answer has been with us the whole time - like the wizard of oz shoes.

Just 9 easy steps:

1) buy and chop 10 iron rich rock piles. This will result in 1 golden nugget around the 9th or 10th pile
2) do #1 three times to produce 3 golden nuggets
3) take the 3 golden nuggets you now have and put them together with all those excess golden apples and golden eggs doing nothing in your inventory.
4) Go to your exchange and do the Golden Trade
5) In 10 short hours you will have 5 Gems!! 5 REAL GEMS!!!!
6) Go to your market and under featured there is a Dire Boar Trap for EXACTLY 5 GEMS!!!! Wooo Hoooo!!!
7) Buy it!
8) Place it!
9) Chop it!
This will GUARANTEE you a Dire Boar!! (Unless there is a monster already in your kingdom.)

Queenzod
03-28-14, 06:18 PM

Chopped the remaining iron piles for a total of ten - no boar. BUT..... I got a GOLDEN NUGGET!!!!! Do you know what this means? Of course you do!!! I FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET A BOAR FROM IRON RICH ROCK!!! Yeah, Baby!!!
It is so simple! The answer has been with us the whole time - like the wizard of oz shoes.

Just 9 easy steps:

1) buy and chop 10 iron rich rock piles. This will result in 1 golden nugget around the 9th or 10th pile
3) take the 3 golden nuggets you now have and put them together with all those excess golden apples and golden eggs doing nothing in your inventory.
6) Go to your market and under featured there is a Dire Boar Trap for EXACTLY 5 GEMS!!!! Wooo Hoooo!!!
7) Buy it!
8) Place it!
9) Chop it!
This will GUARANTEE you a Dire Boar!! (Unless there is a monster already in your kingdom.)

This is brilliant AND insane! What must it be like to be inside your mind? :)

outfildr
03-28-14, 06:23 PM
I have hit everything that people have said to hit and more than a few times at that, when needing a boar to spawn but every time instead of a boar I get a troll. So it's definitely not the same rate!!

jerirat
03-28-14, 06:31 PM
Since I placed the swamp on Monday, I've had 2 or 3 dire boars show up from the sparkle mine and thurston's fort. I also purchased 3 traps. Out of all of those not a single tusk.

I didn't start to get any additional catfish and butter fish until after I sent out the feral adventure and only 1 each of those.

This is nuts, the dire boars need to more frequently spawned if the tusks are are such a rare drop.

hugpete
03-28-14, 06:50 PM

Just 9 easy steps:

7) Buy it!
8) Place it!
9) Chop it!

Haha, my 5 gems have been cooking for a little while. Seems roundabout, but it works!

ghjvcucjb
03-28-14, 06:51 PM
Just another silly update from me. I still have not gotten any Boars, with the exception of the 3 traps, since I placed my swamp this past weekend. I will not have enough tusks to do a second adventure. Could someone with better math s****s than me please estimate how long it will take to get enough pelts from the adventures, taking in consideration all the items like tusks etc needed, if I'm averaging 0 boars in approximately 5 days? TIA

katbtodd
03-28-14, 06:57 PM

Just 9 easy steps:

7) Buy it!
8) Place it!
9) Chop it!

Sorry had to laugh a lot of work..but it's so true

zuma022
03-28-14, 07:09 PM
Just another silly update from me. I still have not gotten any Boars, with the exception of the 3 traps, since I placed my swamp this past weekend. I will not have enough tusks to do a second adventure. Could someone with better math s****s than me please estimate how long it will take to get enough pelts from the adventures, taking in consideration all the items like tusks etc needed, if I'm averaging 0 boars in approximately 5 days? TIA

Sure, so let me think... Average of 0 boars over 5 days... Needs approximately eleventy gazillion boars.... With a drop rate of rare tusks of about 0 in 0.... Let me just add that up for you.... Carry the 5... Uhm... Yes, here we go, you will be done approximately when TL changes the code

mamareader02
03-28-14, 07:25 PM
The 2 boars I managed to lure all day gave me...furs,furs I tell you!!!! Please listen to us,the drop rate certainly is not even with the rest of the beasts!maybe on TL side it is,but positive it isn't on our side,you know,THE PAYING CUSTOMERS( some of are)

oliverrr11
03-28-14, 07:27 PM
This is brilliant AND insane! What must it be like to be inside your mind? :)

Uh...Thank You!?!?

Ah, this reminds me of another quote from one of The Greats....

"I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested." - Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory

calesi30
03-28-14, 07:31 PM
Since the quest started yesterday I have gotten 1 boar from a trap and one from collecting. I've also only gotten 2 butterfish and 2 catfish and I play pretty regularly. I know everyone is freaking out about the boar drops but she did say that the swamp pond was only a temporary measure and that the boars will be back in vengeance soon. So don't worry I think you aren't going to have a problem collecting what you need for the adventure in the future. However, I do agree that there has got to be something going on with the spawn rate. I have gotten so many fangbeast, skunkupines, trolls today that I want to throw my phone when one shows up. I have collected from all of my coin buildings, special houses, chopped iron rich rock, etc MULTIPLE TIMES. Still no avail, not cool. I even didn't collect my troll pit this morning hoping I would get my last boar today and then could collect from pit. Nope, waste of not collecting troll pit today. Still no boar.

farmergrandma
03-28-14, 08:35 PM
I'm trying to be patient but am getting frustrated....if it comes down to HAVING to use gems I will go from a paying customer to a lost customer.

yousthere
03-28-14, 08:50 PM
Sure, so let me think... Average of 0 boars over 5 days... Needs approximately eleventy gazillion boars.... With a drop rate of rare tusks of about 0 in 0.... Let me just add that up for you.... Carry the 5... Uhm... Yes, here we go, you will be done approximately when TL changes the code

Lol. Until they change the code is right. Which won't be until after Monday, cause we all know TL disappears on the weekend. By then though there will be a ton of people going bat nut crazy. They will ignore us until then. I have gotten one boar since last Friday. I don't even have enough tusks to make the items needed to do the adventure. I am already going crazy. Lol

outhouse01
03-28-14, 08:52 PM
I placed my swamp 5 days ago. At that time I had 22 tusks and 3 magic pouches in inventory. I just could not deal with the energy sucking little critters anymore.

Since then I have had enough tusks to make 6 troll clubs and 6 sentry horns - enough for 2 adventures (24 tusks needed).

I currently have 2 tusks in inventory. So, in 5 days I have received 4 tusks. 2 boars scorned with traps and 1 that came from the tablet after the quest started yesterday. I have had no boars since, after collecting from the apparent hot spots.

As I have enough for 2 adventures (1 currently going now)' hopefully those 2 adventures will bring me back 3 pelts and 3 tusks, and the 3 pouches I have will close this one off. The drop rate for boars is definitely very slow. Even if you get a boar, the little blighter will mostrobably chuck out fur instead.

I feel for the people that placed the swamp immediately. It's going to be a long, lonely, winding road. Cheers

ghjvcucjb
03-28-14, 08:53 PM

Your calculations are more hopeful than my original estimate of 137.429 years.:D

Ok, time for me to move on. I can only whine so long before I start seeing rainbows and alicorns again. Plus I just ate which always makes the universe better. Thank you TL for the weekly updates and the week off next week for expansions (tee hee). (said in a very quiet voice) and if you could send a few boars my way:cool::D....

oliverrr11
03-28-14, 08:59 PM
Your calculations are more hopeful than my original estimate of 137.429 years.:D

Ok, time for me to move on. I can only whine so long before I start seeing rainbows and alicorns again. Plus I just ate which always makes the universe better. Thank you TL for the weekly updates and the week off next week for expansions (tee hee). (said in a very quiet voice) and if you could send a few boars my way:cool::D....

Your very quiet voice sounds A LOT like Jim Gaffigan

ghjvcucjb
03-28-14, 09:11 PM
Your very quiet voice sounds A LOT like Jim Gaffigan

That's probably because of the hot pocket I had.

Dabag
03-28-14, 09:53 PM
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/1HumansJust-Copy.jpghttp://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/t2DireBoarTrap-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/2IntheSwamp-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/3KazT-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/t2catfish-Copy.jpg http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/t2butterfish-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/4Fishin-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/t2kitchen-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/5WeaponofChoice-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/t2magicforge-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/t2trollclub-Copy.jpg http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/t2sentryhorn-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/5bweaponofchoice-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/6TheRedFeralLands-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/6bredferallands-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/AdventuretotheFeralLands-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/7Dontbeso-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Troll%20Tribe/CS%20Troll%20Tribe%20part%202/7bt2-Copy.jpg

Castloninian
03-28-14, 10:44 PM
I just got a boar from the secret garden, which dropped 1 tusk. On a separate note, the special fish seem to have died out? It wasn't too bad getting enough for 2 meals yesterday but now I've been stuck on 4 of each fish despite at least 40 pond collections...

And perhaps boars spawning from iron rich rock is an early April Fool's present from TL? I am not even going to try it.

Castloninian
03-28-14, 10:49 PM

Just 9 easy steps:

7) Buy it!
8) Place it!
9) Chop it!

That's amazing. Hope you patented the idea before posting it on the forum!

zuma022
03-28-14, 11:23 PM

Just 9 easy steps:

7) Buy it!
8) Place it!
9) Chop it!

Brilliant! Except, you know, when they require a gazilion nuggets on Thu for whatever is coming next. ;)

lordviv
03-28-14, 11:37 PM
Did my morning collection routine, used up a total of 110 energy in one go.. Collected all buildings, ponds, chopped 3 iron rich rocks... (Ponds have done 3 collections into 6 ponds)

Triggered 2 trolls, 2 skunkupines, 1 fangbeast...

ZERO Dire Boars... 1 butterfish ... At this rate feral adventure will become a futile adventure... :p

Anyuszko
03-29-14, 12:37 AM
Does anyone have a picture of the last step? Can the required ingredients be skipped with gems, and if yes, how many?

Also for everyone: calm down. It will change for sure. Just do not hunt for your personal stroke.

newzealander
03-29-14, 12:43 AM
I feel so special. I had a boar visit!!! Just the one....and I need a heap more....but for now, I feel as special as if I had been singled out for a visit from the Pope. Lucky me.

ciarjen
03-29-14, 01:24 AM
I've triggered my 3 boars. One from the gem trap, one from the magic garden and one from Sabina's House. All of them just gave me fur.

The next step is to collect 5 catfish and 5 butterfish. Note that only fish caught after ****ing the 3 boars count.

Castloninian
03-29-14, 01:37 AM
Wow, two mine collections and two boars! One dropped a tusk, the other is waiting to be dealt with as I am out of energy. That's three boars today, unheard of.

JayUK69
03-29-14, 02:14 AM
Not had a single spawning of dire boars. Had to buy 2 more traps to get enough tusks to complete the recipes. Getting plenty of trolls, fangbeasts and skunkupines. It's like waiting for Alicorn parts and the burning ember all over again.

manu90ela
03-29-14, 02:30 AM

Just 9 easy steps:

7) Buy it!
8) Place it!
9) Chop it!

If you have enough golden things to do some golden trades, then you can use the 5 gems to buy the horns and clubs instead of spawning boars with traps, that probably will drop fur. :)
one club or horn costs 5 gems... (when you buy it in your castle if you choose the adventure and haven't got enough of them already)

shipower
03-29-14, 02:39 AM
Does anyone have a picture of the last step? Can the required ingredients be skipped with gems, and if yes, how many?

Also for everyone: calm down. It will change for sure. Just do not hunt for your personal stroke.

Don't Be So Paranoid
Give Boar Pelt x 3 (15 gems)
Give Boar Tusks x 5 (25 gems)
Give Feral Magic x 3 (30 gems)

hiopztj
03-29-14, 02:43 AM
the first adventure only gave me one pelt. But also a maple tree. yes, the one for gems...
For me also no dire boar since i placed my pond.

m1stery
03-29-14, 02:45 AM
I have really terrible time finding these new types of fish! They are even more rare than the mermaid scales! :eek:

DrP4ever
03-29-14, 02:53 AM
I have done everything suggested and not one single boar. I can't even count how much energy I have spent on this, visited every building frequently, chopped rocks, tress, yup name it and I have done it. I have had all the other critters come out to play but not one single boar. This is just ridiculous. And still can't get living wood either. This game used to be fun but not so much. Rare items that just don't drop are not rare, they are non-existent.

GC5410
03-29-14, 03:33 AM
I've not had any boars since I built my swamp 4 days ago! For the first goal I bought 3 boar traps instead. Luckily I have enough tusks from last week to go on about 5 adventures.

So far I've collected enough fish for 3 adventures, but I must have done at least 200 collections. Sometimes I get nothing for 30-40 collections and then suddenly 2-3 fish in 5 collections.

katbtodd
03-29-14, 03:42 AM
I written to stormie support ,, no boar since the update some thing got to be wronge,, I was getting him 2 to 3 times aday since I place my pond,, and it was glimmer troves and magic garden,, the trigger him for me,,but not any more,,, please help us,,TL

JayUK69
03-29-14, 03:44 AM
I written to stormie support ,, no boar since the update some thing got to be wronge,, I was getting him 2 to 3 times aday since I place my pond,, and it was glimmer troves and magic garden,, the trigger him for me,,but not any more,,, please help us,,TL

There has to be something wrong. I am running two games on different devices and not had a single one spawn. Yet I can't touch a crop without a fangbeast popping up.

dragoniakingdom
03-29-14, 04:07 AM
This is becoming ridiculous now to the point I wish I had never placed the swamp.

Not getting any boars at all despite clearing everything (including my energy). In desperation bought 2 of the traps with gems.....the boars dropped "normal" bones!

At present I am stuck,cannot even do the first adventure to Feral Lands due to lack of materials to make the clubs & horns.

:(

JayUK69
03-29-14, 04:26 AM
At present I am stuck,cannot even do the first adventure to Feral Lands due to lack of materials to make the clubs & horns.

:(

Same here, and I'm not going to waste any more gems on the traps as I already did that to be able to complete the butterfish, catfish and mercury feast challenge.

I don't care what TL say about there being the same chance of spawning, there isn't at all. When anything is needed in the game then you can guarantee you won't see it, not unless you use gems.

zoo123g
03-29-14, 04:38 AM
this quest has been really hard

belbar22
03-29-14, 05:01 AM
Very fed up.... What is the point of a quest line where everything is so rare. I am struggling to collect fish, although i did get my first 10 after 140 collections and have not had a single boar. I really hope TL sorts this out on Monday. I am however trying to RELAX and remember it is just a game.

On the plus side though I just have to collect from my Blytheswood Tree and I have caught up on all the other quests. It has only taken me sine July.

ciarjen
03-29-14, 05:03 AM
the first adventure only gave me one pelt. But also a maple tree. yes, the one for gems...
For me also no dire boar since i placed my pond.

Maple tree is a good drop :)

meme1098
03-29-14, 06:06 AM
Ran through my whole kingdom this morning tapping & collecting. Hoping for just 1 boar. Everything was ready to go. Fought 2 trolls, a fangbeast, and a skunkupine but not a single boar, none, zilch, nada.. There is no way the spawn rate is identical to other beasts.

And perhaps boars spawning from iron rich rock is an early April Fool's present from TL? I am not even going to try it.

I think this whole quest is a bad April Fools joke, Castloninian.

enaid03
03-29-14, 06:08 AM
THIS IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS.

I have not had a boar since I placed that pond. The only way I got the boar's was to purchase the traps with gems. Now two days later, and I have not see ONE. Eight ponds and fish are not dropping?

And, I'm not a casual player. I am collecting from those ponds almost every 15 minutes for hours on end, and I'm still one fish short. But I have not shortage of fish, water and scales now.

Infrequent boars are not in my kingdom. They are extinct.

lordviv
03-29-14, 06:37 AM
Did my morning collection routine, used up a total of 110 energy in one go.. Collected all buildings, ponds, chopped 3 iron rich rocks... (Ponds have done 3 collections into 6 ponds)

Triggered 2 trolls, 2 skunkupines, 1 fangbeast...

ZERO Dire Boars... 1 butterfish ... At this rate feral adventure will become a futile adventure... :p

Update to the above post : been 6 hours now, got 2 boars to trigger from mine and thurstons fort. Both gave me one fur each.. Wow.. Teamlava I'm speechless

parlski
03-29-14, 06:41 AM
my thoughts... the boars were quite rare after placing the pond, even more so since the goal to defeat three. I gemmed the first one. foolishly, had a monster on the ground so wasted gems. found one at thurstons fort, then gemmed the last one. got all my catfish(?) not one butter fish :(
le sigh, I'm patient.

gdmcrjunkie
03-29-14, 06:42 AM
Why are we trying to cooperate with trolls to deal with dire boars? There aren't any around! Fang beasts, on the other hand, show up if I even look at a strawberry or stable. We should stop ignoring the real problem here!

calesi30
03-29-14, 07:06 AM
Why are we trying to cooperate with trolls to deal with dire boars? There aren't any around! Fang beasts, on the other hand, show up if I even look at a strawberry or stable. We should stop ignoring the real problem here!

HAHAHAH so true!!! They don't even drop anything special that you can't get from other monsters! (I.e skunkupine rat tails and troll horns/essences!!

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-29-14, 07:18 AM
Anybody snap a pic to post of the pelt yet???... I really wanna see what it looks like! - and wanna know WHY the elusive boars aren't *dropping* their pelts instead of FUR? ... Are we gonna craft a pelt with 99 fur on part 5??? LOL

Y'all, please calm down & breathe... "This is ridiculous" is now a broken record, stating the obvious over & over.
*running back to my queendom* lol

orleansparish
03-29-14, 07:22 AM
This is getting beyond ridiculous. No darn boars as of yet.

ciarjen
03-29-14, 07:24 AM
Question about the catfish and butterfish, do they drop from normal ponds?

I have only had drops from swampy pond.

zoo123g
03-29-14, 07:27 AM
Question about the catfish and butterfish, do they drop from normal ponds?

I have only had drops from swampy pond.

yes they do

paddock4
03-29-14, 07:28 AM
Today one DB drop troll essence.
4 times colect pond just gold fish. ��������������

ciarjen
03-29-14, 07:29 AM
yes they do

Thanks, I'll just keep collecting then.

AVAL0NIAN
03-29-14, 07:33 AM
Boar pelts are from the feral adventure. Looks like 1 or 2 pelts per trip. So planning for 3 trips - doing both the barrack and keep now and just finishing the last few weapons for the 3rd. Hold out guys. We have 2weeks.

my607
03-29-14, 08:01 AM
I got 2 pelts and 1 magic thing 1-2 tusks from this new adventure.

Elix33
03-29-14, 08:08 AM
I just got a Dire Boar from collecting the tablet. But it gave me a Troll horn !

FigmentValley
03-29-14, 08:21 AM
Boar pelts are from the feral adventure. Looks like 1 or 2 pelts per trip. So planning for 3 trips - doing both the barrack and keep now and just finishing the last few weapons for the 3rd. Hold out guys. We have 2weeks.

Is this goal/adventure timed, too? That is ridiculous! Finding even one boar takes many days.... I doubt I shall get even one set of boar tusks in 2 weeks..... Grrrrrrr......

belbar22
03-29-14, 08:23 AM
Losing the will to live here... Where are all the boars !!!

You know what I think is going to happen. This is going to get fixed and we will all be moaning about getting too many boars.

dolla525
03-29-14, 08:28 AM
Its been 3 days have seen any boar in my kingdom... Sad.. All others are triggering except the boars and the fishes are rare too... Too much of energy to fish those fishes

zoo123g
03-29-14, 08:36 AM
Losing the will to live here... Where are all the boars !!!

You know what I think is going to happen. This is going to get fixed and we will all be moaning about getting too many boars.

yeah i agree

Queenzod
03-29-14, 08:40 AM
I think somebody in the programming department forgot to throw the switch. I haven't had a single boar in 48 hours.

tigarlilyvol
03-29-14, 08:42 AM
No boars but I have collected 4 catfish and 1 butter fish most from swampy pond.

katbtodd
03-29-14, 08:57 AM
You would think somebody would be reading this,,, and seeing our troubles ,,, and that our games are not working right.

ciarjen
03-29-14, 08:57 AM
Is this goal/adventure timed, too? That is ridiculous! Finding even one boar takes many days.... I doubt I shall get even one set of boar tusks in 2 weeks..... Grrrrrrr......

There is no timer on it and all we know is part 3 is not next week, so I think it is ok that it will take time.

katbtodd
03-29-14, 09:09 AM
Taking our time is one thing,,,not getting any is another

butterfly_25
03-29-14, 09:20 AM
Hmm, now I know why the Swamp goal was so easy and quick to complete, lol. I'm use to the long quests lately, like the sapling parts 1 and 2, and faerie respite

Wish I had known that holding off on building the swamp would help with this weeks update

Galadraal
03-29-14, 09:24 AM
if you don't want more of anything to spawn it is very simple, don't finish it off. I often leave only one or two bashes left so I can collect eggs and milk and whatever else I want when the Troll, Fangbeast or Skunkupine show up.

oliverrr11
03-29-14, 09:43 AM
if you don't want more of anything to spawn it is very simple, don't finish it off. I often leave only one or two bashes left so I can collect eggs and milk and whatever else I want when the Troll, Fangbeast or Skunkupine show up.

I don't think you get it. We WANT spawns!

CottageRose
03-29-14, 09:51 AM
I was so excited to see a dire boar charge around the corner of Ivy's house, but after ferocious battle, I only collected a troll's horn... Now I'm wondering if trolls disguise themselves as boars? Or is this a case of finding a license plate in a shark? Do these boars eat everything that moves? O.o

zuma022
03-29-14, 10:00 AM
I think they may have tinkered with the code. I didn't get a boar since placing the swamp almost a week ago and on this morning's round I got two and both dropped tusks. Seems more like a coincidence and TL would if course not admit it.

vednir
03-29-14, 10:04 AM
It seems TL does not employ the very simple concept of a playtester seeing how the spawn percentages actually hold up during real gameplay.

CottageRose
03-29-14, 10:23 AM
Characters' houses ought to include Greselda's, as she is quite the character. Have any dire boars been spotted in her neighborhood?

ciarjen
03-29-14, 10:25 AM
Characters' houses ought to include Greselda's, as she is quite the character. Have any dire boars been spotted in her neighborhood?

None has been reported in this thread. I did spot a boar parked at Old Thomas's house while I was visiting other kingdoms.

ghjvcucjb
03-29-14, 10:42 AM
Just another silly update from my kingdom, since I will gone for most of the day. This is not a complaint.

Just did my morning collection, all buildings, all 7 ponds/swamp, all mushroom rings, animals, etc. 1 fangbeast, 0 new fish, 0 boars. The fish are averaging 1 per 14 pond/swamp collection. No boars for 6 days. Do not have enough tusks to do any more adventures.

rabsos
03-29-14, 11:02 AM
Finally got a boar from thurstons house but it didn't drop anything for me...ugh

robino23
03-29-14, 11:20 AM
I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I bought 4 boar traps this morning and only got essence, fur and coins. Yeah, disappointed. I'm having trouble with the fish. No boars. I get it. I have played this game long enough to remember when our only goals were upgrading our buildings (which paid off big time). I'm just taking my time, stocking up, and enjoying this game. It is a game, not a contest. Enjoy yourself and let what comes play out.

PMonkey3
03-29-14, 11:33 AM
I too, am having trouble triggering boars. I need more tusks to craft a club so I have enough to go on the adventure. I relented and bought another trap. It triggered a board but the boar did not drop any tusks. UGHHHHHH!!! Now I am out 5 gems. What is going on? Why can't I trigger any boars?

Cesar49
03-29-14, 11:43 AM
It seems TL does not employ the very simple concept of a playtester seeing how the spawn percentages actually hold up during real gameplay.

Well, I've done it for them! After reading the post claiming the spawn rate was the same as for skunkupines, fangbeasts and glimmer trolls today I decided that every time a monster appeared I'd fight it immediately, and record what came and where from, and count up totals after 12 hours. I collected from buildings, resources, crops and ponds as often as possible, given energy restraints, and didn't change the way I normally play in any other way. Got bored after 10 hours so here's my very unscientific results:

Skunkupines. 10 spawned. Sugar (5) Pepe (2) and flowers (3)
Fangbeasts. 8 spawned. Livestock (4), strawberries (3) and the sap tree (1)
Glimmer trolls. 6 spawned. Royal chateau (2), 1 each from the market, a tavern, library and a cottage

Dire boars? Absolutely none. I did get several catfish and one butterfish from the ponds during the day. Obviously the skunkupines and fangbeasts can be 'prompted' by lots of things, and glimmer trolls love the buildings but there's no way the dire boars have the same spawn rate. I've collected from the sparkling mines religiously for the last 3 days, and all the other places people have mentioned - Thurston's fort, Thomas's House, Sabine's, tabernum etc etc. None whatsoever.

I know, I need to get a life!!! But it was kind of interesting to see the result!

PJColley
03-29-14, 12:05 PM
I definitely agree! The spawn rate for Dire Boars is almost non-existent since I set the initial trap. And I've also been collecting from EVERY source in my kingdom: Buildings, Flowers, Mushrooms, Livestock, Ponds, and all manner of crops! Also, the collection rate for the Butterfish and Catfish is VERY LOW. Almost non-existent. So what's the problem? TL wants players to buy and spend Gems on Boar traps, etc!

eepopp
03-29-14, 12:09 PM
I too, am having trouble triggering boars. I need more tusks to craft a club so I have enough to go on the adventure. I relented and bought another trap. It triggered a board but the boar did not drop any tusks. UGHHHHHH!!! Now I am out 5 gems. What is going on? Why can't I trigger any boars?

If you only need to craft a club to go on the Feral Adventure, why are you spending 5 gems for an ingredient boar tusk?

Did you know that you can out-right just buy a completed club for 5 Gems on the King's/Queen's Castle Quest Screen?

http://i62.tinypic.com/674lyh.jpg

panix
03-29-14, 12:12 PM
I am having the same problem as everyone else, I get about 0 boars, and the rare one I get only drops fur. However I noticed something, for those people buying boar traps for 5 gems, you might as well just buy the tusk directly from the forge because it is also 5 gems and you actually get the horn instead of maybe getting one. Same price. Just a thought :)

jaybay1147
03-29-14, 12:41 PM
must....get....two....more....boars....now1111

CottageRose
03-29-14, 12:49 PM
If you only need to craft a club to go on the Feral Adventure, why are you spending 5 gems for an ingredient boar tusk?

Did you know that you can out-right just buy a completed club for 5 Gems on the King's/Queen's Castle Quest Screen?

An interesting observation, but it doesn't help until after the Feral Adventure is unlocked by completing the goal to create clubs. I solved the fish problem by chopping down some greenery for space and buying more ponds, but the boar problem is intractable.

I buy gems when I want, but the rarity of boars (and tusks) is so extreme, I have decided to not spend any until the situation improves. No point in wasting gems on a rare monster which even more rarely drops what is needed. I will treat this week as a no-goal week and work on inventory, trying find a few laughs where I can.

orleansparish
03-29-14, 01:18 PM
No boars but I have collected 4 catfish and 1 butter fish most from swampy pond.

So we can catch the new fish without finishing the parts with the three boars?

butterfly_25
03-29-14, 01:25 PM
Today I noticed I was accumulating the fish at a faster rate than the past couple days. I only have 4 ponds plus the swamp. I just finished the goal and now have to cook the lil' fishies and make the mercury feast. Though I just started 2 apple pies to prepare for the sapling part 3 quest I'll be starting soon, lol.

That butterfish is so cute and pretty! :)

butterfly_25
03-29-14, 01:28 PM
So we can catch the new fish without finishing the parts with the three boars?

I think some people have collected the fish before finishing the 3 boars, I did get one catfish, HOWEVER, they will not count towards the next goal of collecting 5 of each fish. The counter doesn't start until you fight off the 3 boars :(

Liloze
03-29-14, 01:28 PM
2 days with not a single fish from the ponds Swampy Pond inclusive and no matter what I do collecting from deep mines Troll pit/ Thomas house/ mushrom/ Mining Iron rich rocks etc.. etc ...no Dire Boars for more than 2 days now.
So what's the odds for fish and boars/ day ? Nil. 48 hours with not a single fish !
I am wondering If TL is aware of the difference between to "challange" the players and make the game fun and to "Frustrate" the players until they start having a hissy-fit and temper-tantrum. Just like am doing now!😜:p

Liloze
03-29-14, 01:30 PM
To all those who did not catch the 3 boars yet, an advice try to catch as much Cat/butterfish as you can, bcz once you catch the 3 boars, something fishy happens to the fishes and they disappear!�� My two cents! :)

Liloze
03-29-14, 01:34 PM
Today I noticed I was accumulating the fish at a faster rate than the past couple days. I only have 4 ponds plus the swamp. I just finished the goal and now have to cook the lil' fishies and make the mercury feast. Though I just started 2 apple pies to prepare for the sapling part 3 quest I'll be starting soon, lol.

That butterfish is so cute and pretty! :)

Seems my fish migrated from my ponds to yours lol :) I have 5 ponds and the Swampy one, during the last 48 hours not a single Fish in sight. Invisible Fish !

zoo123g
03-29-14, 01:42 PM
Seems my fish migrated from my ponds to yours lol :) I have 5 ponds and the Swampy one, during the last 48 hours not a single Fish in sight. Invisible Fish !

is it normal fish you cannot find?

Liloze
03-29-14, 01:45 PM
Woow I should 've had my temper-tantrum like 2 days ago lol I just catched 2 catfish fron swap and pond yaaay lol :)

kurgan
03-29-14, 01:46 PM
Got my first post-Swampy Pond Dire Boar today! Old Thomas' House spawned it.

As to panix observation "I am having the same problem as everyone else, I get about 0 boars, and the rare one I get only drops fur. However I noticed something, for those people buying boar traps for 5 gems, you might as well just buy the tusk directly from the forge because it is also 5 gems and you actually get the horn instead of maybe getting one. Same price. Just a thought"

I don't remember the specific goal from last month that required a ton of Dragon Scales; however, I discovered that purchasing the finished product (for 5 gems) that required Dragon Scales instead of making it saved 5 Dragon Scales and a week's time.

My point is: some product gem skips are vastly underpriced vis-a-vis purchasing single items and then making the product.

Liloze
03-29-14, 01:47 PM
is it normal fish you cannot find?

No The catfish and Butterfish for the Goal lol. At one point during the day, and for 3 consecutive times, I only got coins from all of my ponds and even the swamp! :confused:

Queenzod
03-29-14, 01:48 PM
I'm not having the same fishing problem as other people. Mine are coming along fine, from the swamp and ponds. I've collected about 15 of each so far. I don't mind a slow drop rate, but I do object to a non-drop rate (boars). At this point, I refuse to use gems to skip for the stuff for the adventure. It's obviously a huge ploy to get people to use gems. Hopefully, they'll check into it on Monday and fix whatever's wrong. I'm convinced that there's a line of code that is wrong somehow.

Thankfully, Oliverrr just sent me a picture of a boar, so I got that going for me. Which is good. :)

traumtaenzerin
03-29-14, 01:48 PM
Since the quest appeared no single dire boar was spawning in my kingdom.. Tl just want us to spend gems for the traps... I deleted the game.. No fun anymore..

butterfly_25
03-29-14, 01:51 PM

Lol. I hope your luck improves.....

Woow I should 've had my temper-tantrum like 2 days ago lol I just catched 2 catfish fron swap and pond yaaay lol :)

.....and stays that way! :D

orleansparish
03-29-14, 01:57 PM
I didn't have problems with boars until Thursday. I've also not caught any of the new fish either. I'm collecting from everything I can. Three pink alicorns, four regular ones, wizard school, you name it, I'm using energy galore and nothing is coming.

kitrakat76
03-29-14, 01:58 PM
I've gotten 6 butterfish but no catfish...wondering if I ever will?

Liloze
03-29-14, 02:03 PM
Lol. I hope your luck improves.....

.....and stays that way! :D

Thanks Good luck to you as well :)

Liloze
03-29-14, 02:12 PM
I've gotten 6 butterfish but no catfish...wondering if I ever will?

After two days of no fish I catched just moments ago 2 catfish this pushes my total to 4 catfish and 4 Butter fish, and I still need one of each to finish Kaz goal and move on, it is becoming utterly frustrating to be stuck,
bcz the drop rate is zero, there must be something wrong with the game!

Liloze
03-29-14, 02:16 PM
Well I must say the positive part is that I am maxed out on Mermaid Scales now lol :D

fabulus12
03-29-14, 02:27 PM
I need Boar tusks and magic,has anybody figured out the best place to find boars?

Liloze
03-29-14, 02:35 PM
I need Boar tusks and magic,has anybody figured out the best place to find boars?

Nope, seems everyone is having the same problem. I was just thinking what if we store the Swampy Pond ( could we store it !? ) maybe we'd get swamped with Boars again, lol

butterfly_25
03-29-14, 02:54 PM
Thanks Good luck to you as well :)

Thank you!! :)

fabulus12
03-29-14, 03:04 PM
Nope, seems everyone is having the same problem. I was just thinking what if we store the Swampy Pond ( could we store it !? ) maybe we'd get swamped with Boars again, lol

Great idea, I'm going to try it

PMonkey3
03-29-14, 03:07 PM

Well, I spent 5 gems on a boar trap to spawn one. I was hoping that, after defeating it, that it would drop a tusk so I could craft the remaining troll club I need to go on the adventure.

But you are right. I could have just bought the remaining troll club for 5 gems. I didn't think this thru very well. Ugh. Sad face :-(

butterfly_25
03-29-14, 03:17 PM

some people have said they tried that and it didn't help :( hopefully not the case for everyone?

sunnygirl634
03-29-14, 03:18 PM
FYI--I just got a Butterfish from the Mermaid Pond. That is a first for me, and I collect from that 3 times a day.

Liloze
03-29-14, 03:31 PM
some people have said they tried that and it didn't help :( hopefully not the case for everyone?

I did not try it, and it won't help since Boars' appearance rate is next to zero, no matter what we do, TL want us to have temper tantrums lol :)

FYI--I just got a Butterfish from the Mermaid Pond. That is a first for me, and I collect from that 3 times a day.

Never got anything from Mermaid pond except scales and water, and I also collect from it 3 times / day :(
I wish for some Lumin essence even if rarely just like the Sap tree gives Syrup sometimes...

shambalaya
03-29-14, 03:32 PM
I still haven't seen a boar since placing the swamp, at least 1000 energy ago. And yes, I collect from the mines, character buildings and special buildings and chop up those iron rich rocks *sad face*

calesi30
03-29-14, 03:40 PM
Still only one boar spawned for me since the quest started. This is getting REALLY annoying I have honestly never been fed up with the game because I Just started playing a couple of months ago but this has definitely done the job of getting me mad!

infinitelove19
03-29-14, 04:22 PM
I'm in the same boat of not having enough boars spawning. I need way more boars to spawn for all the tusks needed to craft weapons for the quest to the Feral lands! I really hate having a new quest to go on and needing to wait. I remember when the boars were everywhere thinking "I'm probably going to need parts later, I should keep them around for a bit." but I was also doing other quests that were impeded greatly by the constant spawnings... just can't win! I guess I'll have to do this quest over the long haul. Definitely a little frustrated, but such is life, I guess. :-/

maguar
03-29-14, 05:29 PM
Here's the boar pelt

outhouse01
03-29-14, 06:24 PM
I placed my swamp 5 days ago. At that time I had 22 tusks and 3 magic pouches in inventory. I just could not deal with the energy sucking little critters anymore.

Since then I have had enough tusks to make 6 troll clubs and 6 sentry horns - enough for 2 adventures (24 tusks needed).

I currently have 2 tusks in inventory. So, in 5 days I have received 4 tusks. 2 boars scorned with traps and 1 that came from the tablet after the quest started yesterday. I have had no boars since, after collecting from the apparent hot spots.

As I have enough for 2 adventures (1 currently going now)' hopefully those 2 adventures will bring me back 3 pelts and 3 tusks, and the 3 pouches I have will close this one off. The drop rate for boars is definitely very slow. Even if you get a boar, the little blighter will mostrobably chuck out fur instead.

I feel for the people that placed the swamp immediately. It's going to be a long, lonely, winding road. Cheers

I just completed the first adventure. Recieved 3 pelts and 2 tusks. Then collected from Thomas and a boar appeared and threw me a tusk. I still had everything ready to go for another adventure but decided as I had the things needed to finish this quest I closed it out and kept the stuff for another adventure in inventory.

Just in relation to the first post that said part 3 was not being released next week can I please confirm that as when the quest closed out the message said "part 2 completed. Part 3 released 4/3". Happy hunting everyone.

prancinland
03-29-14, 06:27 PM
I've made 2 butterfish meals and still it's in the goal book. I made the mercury meal and the butterflies meal is still listed as a goal. I can't go forward until the goal book is finished...should I spend gems to skip this goal, or should I keep making butterfish meals until it "clicks".

yousthere
03-29-14, 06:33 PM
I've made 2 butterfish meals and still it's in the goal book. I made the mercury meal and the butterflies meal is still listed as a goal. I can't go forward until the goal book is finished...should I spend gems to skip this goal, or should I keep making butterfish meals until it "clicks".

I would keep making. Have you closed the app completely? There is some kind of glitch with this goal line. Wouldn't waste gems on TL mistake. Unless they reimburse everyone all the gems they wasted on this quest line. All gems skipping or traps gotten have been wasted because of the glitch. You end up in the same place as before. Can't wait for Monday!!!!

AVAL0NIAN
03-29-14, 06:39 PM
There is more than 10 days before part 3. So just focus on the prime spots for boars. You'll need 12 to 24 in number. Focus on 2 a day. I'm awaiting coming back from the feral adventures but I'm just keeping my stocks up. Especially rare ones. Mithril, dragon scales, adamant etc. But I'm out on the hunt for the impossible ones to make, like big rubies (I've 4) and purple hides(12). I don't think they have come up as quest items. Saving up gems to get a mithril dragon. I think it'll be a prized possession. It makes the between quest and long quest waiting go so much easier. So give yourself a personal quest. Good luck. ��

calipitter
03-29-14, 06:40 PM
I actually welcome the fact that TL slow these quests down. There is no part 3 for this next week, so it is not like we have to have it done in a certain time. If there is no quest in the book there is nothing else really to do.

I know it is frustrating waiting for things to drop (I only got my first Alicorn part this week, lol) but I would rather be waiting for something than just be finished, nothing to do.

In the five days since I placed my swamp I have had one or two boars show up, so they are fairly rare - so I am not expecting these boars to show up within 24 hours of the quest starting. For those who can't wait, the gem cost to trap them is fairly small; its an amount that most people can collect free of charge from a few adventures.

I'm sorry. I just have to say this. I have been playing for almost a year now, and every time I hear someone mention alicorn parts it turns my stomach. I am a loyal daily player who occasionally purchases gems (to support the developers). I love this game. But apparently since I did not discover it before Valentines day last year, I will never have the opportunity to craft an alicorn. Yes the dire boar spawn rate is a little vexing but that is the fun of it. Never even being able to look forward to an alicorn though...well that's just a slap in the face! And every time someone mentions getting parts to builds theirs...the slap stings a little harder.

oliverrr11
03-29-14, 07:28 PM

If they were made before the book asked for it, they don't count. I did that with the catfish one.

oliverrr11
03-29-14, 07:39 PM
First (and only adventure I had supplies for): 2 tusks, 3 pelts, 2 gems, some common stuff and a mystery box with a skunkupine trap. Not bad! :)

ghjvcucjb
03-29-14, 07:42 PM
There is more than 10 days before part 3. So just focus on the prime spots for boars. You'll need 12 to 24 in number. Focus on 2 a day. I'm awaiting coming back from the feral adventures but I'm just keeping my stocks up. Especially rare ones. Mithril, dragon scales, adamant etc. But I'm out on the hunt for the impossible ones to make, like big rubies (I've 4) and purple hides(12). I don't think they have come up as quest items. Saving up gems to get a mithril dragon. I think it'll be a prized possession. It makes the between quest and long quest waiting go so much easier. So give yourself a personal quest. Good luck. ��

This made me laugh. It's the end of the 6th day going without any boars for me. 2 a day and I would write an ode to the dire boar in celebration.

meme1098
03-29-14, 07:51 PM

How can one focus on 2 a day when you can't even get 1 in more than 2 days. I've collected numerous times from all the places listed and *no* boars have been spawned at all. I can't even count how many times I've collected from my sparkling mine and have never seen a boar since the first day of the quest. I have 0 tusks right now since the last 2 boars from Thursday both dropped regular fur. Before placing the swamp I got fur, troll horns, creep tooth & other common items dropped by 'other' beasts. Why would a boar drop a horn from a troll?, or fang beast fur?. This part I don't get. Just stating fact here as it relates to me.
I was able to collect a few tusks before placing the swamp and had just enough to craft 1 horn & 1 club but nothing has happened since then.

newzealander
03-29-14, 08:06 PM
Surely this is a mistake? I am hoping that on Monday morning US time some TL developer switches on his comp and bangs his head in his hands when (s)he realises that (s)he didn't flip the switch to activate boars!!

yousthere
03-29-14, 08:21 PM
Surely this is a mistake? I am hoping that on Monday morning US time some TL developer switches on his comp and bangs his head in his hands when (s)he realises that (s)he didn't flip the switch to activate boars!!

They already know about it. One of them (TL STAFF) said on Friday that we will be able to collect from more places to get a DB. I think they just left it until this coming up week. People are spending gems to get the traps and get parts needed. When people spend their gems they need more so in turn they buy more from TL. I think they do this on purpose to sell more gems.

Then they will fix the problem and say we are not that fancy of a company. Just like they say about the disappearance of items when you need them. This whole DB thing falls under that. When you need it, you can't get any. When you don't really need it, they will overflow your game.

calesi30
03-29-14, 08:24 PM
Just got two boars within an hour of each other? What are the chances???! It literally took me 2 whole days. None of the special drops but I am NOT complaining, at least I can progress through the quest from the first part.

rosewaterlily
03-29-14, 08:50 PM
Zero boars here since the start of the quest. I got one boar after I placed the swamp but that was before the update, since then nothing from any of the places TL said spawn boars. I'm missing one tusk to be able to craft the last item I need for a feral adventure so I may just stop playing until this is fixed. It really is excessive to require three of each horn and club per adventure.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-29-14, 08:51 PM
Here's the boar pelt

Thx for posting, maguar, cool. I was so curious to see it and now that I have ... Well, now it REALLY makes no sense that the boars drop fur lol. If they drop anything beyond tusks and feral magic, it should be one of those pelts. An animal doesn't doesn't drop horns they don't have (unless they ate the trolls) nor do animals have TWO different kinds of hides LOL.

nasha86
03-29-14, 09:09 PM
First (and only adventure I had supplies for): 2 tusks, 3 pelts, 2 gems, some common stuff and a mystery box with a skunkupine trap. Not bad! :)
That was really a good drop, Oliverrr11. My only adventure just gave me 2 tusks, 1 pelt and 1 magic pouch. No box at all. With all these hard time, I confuse if we pay gems to skip the materials required in the book quest. Only 5 gems for single unit of tusk, pelt and magic pouch. So far, it spend lest gems than paying gems for additional adventures. Just my thought

PMonkey3
03-29-14, 09:20 PM
They already know about it. One of them (TL STAFF) said on Friday that we will be able to collect from more places to get a DB. I think they just left it until this coming up week. People are spending gems to get the traps and get parts needed. When people spend their gems they need more so in turn they buy more from TL. I think they do this on purpose to sell more gems.

Then they will fix the problem and say we are not that fancy of a company. Just like they say about the disappearance of items when you need them. This whole DB thing falls under that. When you need it, you can't get any. When you don't really need it, they will overflow your game.

You, sir or madam, make an excellent point. I've spent quite a few gems over the past few days. Sigh.

ghjvcucjb
03-29-14, 10:31 PM
Oh how I dream of battling a Boar
Then I would have to complain no more.
I would feel elated and my spirits would soar.
But no, for now I must patiently wait, which I abhor.

Yes, I'm keeping my day job

Castloninian
03-29-14, 11:19 PM

I think you can give it up, that's brilliant!

Castloninian
03-29-14, 11:21 PM
My first adventure gave me two pelts, two tusks, some normal stuff and a giftbox with a coloured hedge. Not a bad return. I didn't know it would even return three pelts, so some lucky people can get away with one adventure. I have just sent off my second adventure and with the two tusks that came back I also have enough to gift the five at the end of the questline.

I am so thankful for the people that advised delayed placing of the pond, to stock up on boar things.

outhouse01
03-29-14, 11:55 PM
My first adventure gave me two pelts, two tusks, some normal stuff and a giftbox with a coloured hedge. Not a bad return. I didn't know it would even return three pelts, so some lucky people can get away with one adventure. I have just sent off my second adventure and with the two tusks that came back I also have enough to gift the five at the end of the questline.

I am so thankful for the people that advised delayed placing of the pond, to stock up on boar things.

Howdie neighbour. Yes, I was one of the lucky ones that got 3 pelts. I closed this one off as soon as I could and I was happy to do so. It may come back to bite me, but at least I still have the requirements for another adventure up my sleeve if needed.

There was no special box for me, but I was happy with my haul.

I second you comment regarding those that helped out in delaying placing the pond. Your input and gem spend/speeding up is greatly appreciated. Special mention to ship person (sorry cannot remember your full name). You have helped out other forum followers greatly.

Not directed to you castloninian, but, I do have to ask again, does this line continue next week or not. There is a discrepancy in the TL comments in post one that this does not continue next week, but, the closing comments of part 2 say continued 4/3. Being from Australia, I don't think that means 4 march - as that is gone. I read it as a US date of 3 April, which is next release day. Cheers

AVAL0NIAN
03-30-14, 12:25 AM
Good luck all. Got 3 pelts with 1st adventure too. So some hope for those with tusk problems. Keeping all my supplies for the feral adventure for later just in case it's needed in the other parts. Yes I hope it comes next week tool.

ashanthya
03-30-14, 12:40 AM
Some of you guys are too quick! Here is part 2 of the story. Next week will not be the release of Part 3. Can you guess what it'll be instead?

I'm hoping desperately that it is the Deep Mines version of the Sawmills. We now have yet another thing that uses wood, and only our 2 puny little sawmills to make it. :( They can't keep up with all the wood we need! Even working 'round the clock, the poor things can't keep up with demand. My sawmill workers are threatening to go on strike if they don't get vacation soon!

Of course, it's heading into Easter season and a certain Bunny was tied up in Valentine's ribbon last year and wasn't able to visit our Kingdoms.... :) Chocolate, anyone?

zoo123g
03-30-14, 01:09 AM
this quest is ridiculous. no boars, no tusks. i give up

dalexxx
03-30-14, 02:41 AM
I prepared the butterfish food before the goal came up, do i need to re do it again? Cause its still open on the goals list.

ShibuyaCloth
03-30-14, 02:47 AM
It just get boar-ing. A week without having seen a single Boar... I did slain armies of other invaders, but no boar... I do not mind the rare drops for the quests, but at least a way to trigger those beasts (without traps).

ciarjen
03-30-14, 03:09 AM
I prepared the butterfish food before the goal came up, do i need to re do it again? Cause its still open on the goals list.

Yes you do. The catching fish and preparing food only counts when the goal is open in your book. I think from what has been said in the thread, the same applies to the items crafted for adventures - that they don't count until you have a goal to make them.

Anyuszko
03-30-14, 03:09 AM
http://w3.enternet.hu/kanaizol/end.PNG

As the first adventure came back with 3 pelts, I finished the quest. As you see, it says part 3 comes next week. (Despite that TL now says it wont)

I can confirm that the adventure option, crafting options remain after completing the questline.
I currently have 2 more feral adventures on the way, wonder what they will bring tomorrow.

ciarjen
03-30-14, 03:22 AM
I know some are still waiting to complete the boar goal, so I will just say this about the fish which is the next stage.

Any fish you catch will not count for the next goal until you have triggered all three boars. I have seen people post that they have spent lots of energy collecting from ponds to get the fish. I didn't have any luck collecting from normal ponds, so I collected from swampy pond only, as the drop rate (I believe) is higher than normal ponds.

It has taken 24 hours to collect all 10 fish from the swampy pond. I think that is a reasonable amount of time and it saved me a lot of energy.

After completing the fish goal, the recipe goal appears and only food cooked when it appears will count, so I didn't make my recipes in advance, even though I had the ingredients.

oliverrr11
03-30-14, 03:28 AM
http://w3.enternet.hu/kanaizol/end.PNG

As the first adventure came back with 3 pelts, I finished the quest. As you see, it says part 3 comes next week. (Despite that TL now says it wont)

I can confirm that the adventure option, crafting options remain after completing the questline.
I currently have 2 more feral adventures on the way, wonder what they will bring tomorrow.

These are probably prepared well in advance. I would go by what Aggwynn said just a few days ago and not expect part 3 next update.

.....Now glimmergate - iron rich rock??? Really???

GC5410
03-30-14, 03:38 AM
Woohoo just got my first boar in 5 days!! (From Tablet or amphitheatre)

Didn't need any (got traps for first 3 in goal and got loads of items last week), but comforting to know they are still there haha

Just minutes later I collected from my 2nd adventure and got the 2 pelts I needed to compete the final goal of the week. (I got 2 pelts in my 1st adventure too, so now I have 1 spare pelt)

I've got enough resources for a 3rd adventure, but not sure whether to send or keep for another time?
I'd need more fish for a 4th adventure, but have plenty of tusks for a 4th and even 5th or 6th.

ciarjen
03-30-14, 04:10 AM
Out of all the buildings which spawn boars, the sparkling mines are the ones with the most opportunities for collections. I have made 26 collections since the update on Thursday and have just spawned a boar on the 26th.

He dropped a troll horn :p

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k287/stormyday2/boar_zps928a865a.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/user/stormyday2/media/boar_zps928a865a.jpg.html)

shambalaya
03-30-14, 04:33 AM

You're a true poet!

oliverrr11
03-30-14, 05:06 AM
http://i501.photobucket.com/albums/e415/oliverrr11/FCFD2E95-E726-4788-8DAF-38F68A914449_zpssbweneqx.jpg (http://s501.photobucket.com/user/oliverrr11/media/FCFD2E95-E726-4788-8DAF-38F68A914449_zpssbweneqx.jpg.html)

dragoniakingdom
03-30-14, 05:13 AM
http://i501.photobucket.com/albums/e415/oliverrr11/FCFD2E95-E726-4788-8DAF-38F68A914449_zpssbweneqx.jpg (http://s501.photobucket.com/user/oliverrr11/media/FCFD2E95-E726-4788-8DAF-38F68A914449_zpssbweneqx.jpg.html)

Very well done,I love it & how very true!

m1stery
03-30-14, 05:41 AM
Thanks to my neighbours I can confirm several drops (black box) from new Feral Lands Adventure:
Apple Tree, Lemon Tree and Orange Tree
+10 Energy Crate
Skunkupine, Boar and Fangbeast trap
Multi-Color Hedge
Maple Tree
Sap Tree (it's already fully grown)
Red Trillium

zoo123g
03-30-14, 06:19 AM
cracked and bought gems

zoo123g
03-30-14, 06:19 AM
Very well done,I love it & how very true!

love it

zoo123g
03-30-14, 06:20 AM
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee help with the boars TL

mamalovesson
03-30-14, 06:32 AM
I have been harvesting, collection and ... whatever I can click since the last update however the boar seems extincted! How can we move on without it's tusks?

katbtodd
03-30-14, 06:43 AM
As I battled my way through my castle this morning... 3 fangbeaat,, 2 trolls 2pink skunkipines reg skunkipine,, and that was just my first collection this morning ..but yet no boar ,,and I noticed they all taking energy and not giving back like they use too ,,, what up with that,,

katbtodd
03-30-14, 06:44 AM

Oh my..yes..Yes love it

Draxana
03-30-14, 06:48 AM
⬆️⬆️ Yes, THAT!⬆️⬆️

Draxana
03-30-14, 06:52 AM
Okay, color me confused and a bit frustrated. My husband and I both play this game and love it. I play both games when hubby is away (as he does for me), and we both play the same way. We always loot the buildings and resources, etc., including all the special spots mentioned earlier in this thread.

However, with this last update things are definitely askew. We both placed our swamps down on the same day quite a few days ago. My husband is already crafting Weapons of Choice, because he can regularly spawn the boars.

Other than once with the boar trap, I have yet to see a boar since I placed my swamp. I'm thus still stuck with the very first (**** 3 Boars) mission, unless I shell out more gems for traps. I hesitate to do that because I will no doubt need boar items in the future. I also do not like spending gems on something that is spawning freely and often for others. I know I am doing the "right" ways to spawn the boars, because I do so whenever I play my husband's game.

No boars for me in my own game, though!

Please fix this situation, TL!

meme1098
03-30-14, 07:00 AM

Nice job, oliverrr!
After collecting all over my kingdom again this morning, I finally spawned a boar at one of the sparking mines. But...it dropped a fur. This I cannot understand. Fur .... from a different beast?!?
Enough for me today gonna go enjoy my day and hope for better things tomorrow.

My addiction to this game is slowly diminishing with each days lack of progress.

Draxana
03-30-14, 07:21 AM
Okay, my lucky husband has 3 knowledge shards to my single one. The second shard increased animal drops for him, and now we are wondering if that shard has also increased the boar spawn rate as well. That seems so silly, and yet that shard differential is the major difference between our two kingdoms. His kingdom spawns boars. My kingdom never spawns them (once I placed the swamp). Weird.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-30-14, 07:21 AM
Got a couple of boars this morning (from Ivy & ?..I forgot lol)...but only received teeth (full), fur and horns lol.
Don't have enough weapon supplies to send out a second adventure & no special box for me on return of the first, boo hoo lol.
...oh well, I got enough fur to upgrade a cottage to level 4, and *almost* enough for level 5, so trying to stay on the bright side here.
Hey, oliverrrrrrrrrr11... Post one of those posters in my neck of the woods, would ya? Lol ;)

Scarletfyr
03-30-14, 07:27 AM
I would keep making. Have you closed the app completely? There is some kind of glitch with this goal line. Wouldn't waste gems on TL mistake. Unless they reimburse everyone all the gems they wasted on this quest line. All gems skipping or traps gotten have been wasted because of the glitch. You end up in the same place as before. Can't wait for Monday!!!!

Give gems back?????? Has anyone ever??? Really???

roguebee
03-30-14, 07:35 AM
Okay, my lucky husband has 3 knowledge shards to my single one. The second shard increased animal drops for him, and now we are wondering if that shard has also increased the boar spawn rate as well. That seems so silly, and yet that shard differential is the major difference between our two kingdoms. His kingdom spawns boars. My kingdom never spawns them (once I placed the swamp). Weird.

I don't think that is the reason as I have all 4 shards and have only seen 3 boars since Friday morning and only 1 dropped a tusk.

oliverrr11
03-30-14, 07:50 AM

No. yousthere was just trying to make a point

yousthere
03-30-14, 08:33 AM

Yeah it was a "yeah right" kind of thing. They would never reimburse gems. We would get energy instead!! Lol
You obviously haven't read what I posted after this. TL likes when we waste our gems. In turn we need more and have to buy more from them. They make more money. Why would they ever reimburse us.

No. yousthere was just trying to make a point

True that oliverrr11!!! Lol
Thank you

bigtail2
03-30-14, 08:36 AM
Hmmm, another day, lots more collections from all of the listed sources and no boars to be found. OTOH, plenty of fangbeasts, skunkupines and trolls. I'm having trouble believing that the spawn rate is the same for all of them. Can anyone imagine collecting from 20-30 chickens (or more) without seeing a fangbeast? I don't think so!

doobievilla
03-30-14, 08:37 AM
Aggwynn said it in the update post. "Some of you guys are too quick.." Ie you placed your swamp too fast so QUIT YOUR FREAKING CRYING!!!!

Queenzod
03-30-14, 08:45 AM
Aggwynn said it in the update post. "Some of you guys are too quick.." Ie you placed your swamp too fast so QUIT YOUR FREAKING CRYING!!!!

I fail to see how following the goal line and doing what it said should be deemed "too quick." This morning makes 72 hours since I've seen a boar at all. I **** all creatures in my kingdom immediately, and collect from all buildings as soon as they ripen. I haven't had one single boar since before the update on Thursday. I don't really appreciate your admonishment.

CottageRose
03-30-14, 08:50 AM
Just to confirm the dismal trend, after a day with none, I had one boar yesterday from Ivy that dropped fur, and finally one boar today from Old Thomas house that dropped a tusk. Still can't make clubs to start first adventure ... Sigh

doobievilla
03-30-14, 08:54 AM
I fail to see how following the goal line and doing what it said should be deemed "too quick." This morning makes 72 hours since I've seen a boar at all. I **** all creatures in my kingdom immediately, and collect from all buildings as soon as they ripen. I haven't had one single boar since before the update on Thursday. I don't really appreciate your admonishment.

My apologies but.... This thread contains the exact opposite of what the part 1 thread had. 1. I hate boars. They take 2 much energy. 2. I am saving up energy if i find a boar. In meantime ppl are asking for gem refunds.......

CottageRose
03-30-14, 09:00 AM
My apologies but.... This thread contains the exact opposite of what the part 1 thread had. 1. I hate boars. They take 2 much energy. 2. I am saving up energy if i find a boar. In meantime ppl are asking for gem refunds.......
I think you might be seeing two different groups of players. For example, I never complained about too many boars, but am certainly unhappy about not enough. :)

doobievilla
03-30-14, 09:05 AM
I think you might be seeing two different groups of players. For example, I never complained about too many boars, but am certainly unhappy about not enough. :)

Dont take it personal friend. They know who They are

Queenzod
03-30-14, 09:06 AM
My apologies but.... This thread contains the exact opposite of what the part 1 thread had. 1. I hate boars. They take 2 much energy. 2. I am saving up energy if i find a boar. In meantime ppl are asking for gem refunds. WTF?......

Righto. Thanks. I agree that the boars are a bore and that you can't spend gems looking for them and then expect a refund.

GC5410
03-30-14, 09:09 AM
After no boars for 5 days, I've actually had 2 today! Neither dropped anything boar-related though.

zoo123g
03-30-14, 09:12 AM
game is getting ridiculous. we are gonna be waiting for gems for weeks. and about that part about us being tooo quick!!! they should have warned us. fed up. no boar in a week

zoo123g
03-30-14, 09:12 AM
and i do think we should get free gems after this cherade

zoo123g
03-30-14, 09:14 AM
i usually keep my opinion to myself but this is just unblievable!! i know it is just a game but the drops are very very very rare and nooooo boars!! after days on end!! i am sick of this

yousthere
03-30-14, 09:17 AM

No ones expects a refund. Just saying IF and YEAH RIGHT kind of thing. I am a big girl. I spend my stuff, I don't expect some one to give it back to me because I didn't get what I want.
What was said was said with a never gonna happen voice. A JOKE. You get those right? Cause to me you obviously can't read sarcasm.

doobievilla
03-30-14, 09:19 AM
and i do think we should get free gems after this cherade

He does

homegrown234
03-30-14, 09:22 AM
I don't know if this was discussed before hand but instead of buying traps for 5 gems which don't guarantee anything, just buy the item from the castle for 5 gems.

CottageRose
03-30-14, 09:30 AM
I don't know if this was discussed before hand but instead of buying traps for 5 gems which don't guarantee anything, just buy the item from the castle for 5 gems.
Unfortunately, that only works after the adventure is unlocked. You have to complete the goal making clubs and horns before you can do that - which requires the boars to at least show up.

zoo123g
03-30-14, 09:33 AM
refuse to buy gems to finish this quest

CottageRose
03-30-14, 09:44 AM
Then, perhaps it might have been better phrased as "some of the people who complained about part 1 are now complaining about part 2", instead of generalizing and painting with too broad a brush?

oliverrr11
03-30-14, 09:53 AM
I don't use gems on the quests unless it's required for a quest such as greselda's fountain (yes, I know it was optional) - (ok maybe once I did). My gems are better spent buying stuff or speeding up the occasional carrot or mushroom

ciarjen
03-30-14, 09:54 AM
I collected some tusks before I placed my swampy pond and I would guess that tusk drop rate was probably about 20%.

I've had 6 boars show up since I placed the pond and not had one tusk drop - not surprising with a drop rate of about 20%

So if you need 12 tusks for one adventure you would need to spawn 60 boar. If I was generous and said that the drop rate was 30%, you would still need 40 boar to spawn to meet the requirements for one adventure.

There is no way that the drop rate of tusks could as high as 40% or 50% - we can see that with the results that people are posting.

If the spawn rate was the same as other beasts, 40 spawns would not be a problem and I can see that based on the assumption that boar spawns are the same as other beasts, why the goal has been set as it is.

However, the boars have a different plan :p

zoo123g
03-30-14, 09:57 AM
so frustrating right?

zuma022
03-30-14, 10:47 AM
I placed the swamp a week ago and didn't see a boar until yesterday. I've gotten 4 now in a day and a half (of doing the exact same thing) and two actually dropped tusks. You'd think that is pretty lucky, but I can't even do one adventure with the tusks I have (7), so wth TL?! How many months is this part supposed to last?

zoo123g
03-30-14, 10:49 AM
I placed the swamp a week ago and didn't see a boar until yesterday. I've gotten 4 now in a day and a half (of doing the exact same thing) and two actually dropped tusks. You'd think that is pretty lucky, but I can't even do one adventure with the tusks I have (7), so wth TL?! How many months is this part supposed to last?

a long time i am guessing

butterfly_25
03-30-14, 11:02 AM
The lack of boars is really hitting me now...because I didn't realize we needed 3 of each the horn and the club for just one adventure. I thought I had enough but now I need just one tusk to make my last troll club, and no matter what I do I cannot get a boar to spawn. I've had maybe two or three this week? I didn't keep track, but it was very seldom.

I will not be getting the tusk for 5 gems, I'm saving up gems for something else. This is just to be able to do one adventure, who knows how long it will take to do a 2nd and beyond! :/

ghjvcucjb
03-30-14, 11:34 AM
Another Silly morning update from my kingdom. It's been a full week since I placed my swamp and today I got my first naturally spawned Dire Boar while collecting from 2sparkling mines! But all it dropped was fur, coins and 2 energies. This goal has come to a complete stop in my kingdom.

The new cutie pie fish drop increased yesterday for me from 1/14 to 1/9, so I was able to pre make several feasts. Unfortunately with no boar tusks in sight there is no need for all those meals so I will slow down pond collecting today since I'm maxed on water, regular fish and Mermaid scales.

I second the comment stating as to how is it our fault as players for following the goal line as it is presented to us. a simple, hey guys, don't place your swamp yet would have been nice or a goal pop up stating first collect 50 tusks before you craft your swamp would have been useful.

I waited several days after I accomplished the swamp goal to place it because I LIKED the boars. I only placed the swamp after it was pointed out by several people here and on my wall that 1. If we needed more boar items then TL would give us more boars and 2. It takes 7-9 energies to fight the boars but only 2 energies return. Unfortunately this time around the first point didn't apply as its been a week and only 1 naturally spawned in my kingdom.

Personally I give updates and like reading what everyone else is experiencing, good or bad, because it shows me that my game is behaving normal not a glitch and allows me to adjust my game play. Ex: I was trying to get it done ASAP, built a ton of ponds. Now I'm adjusting my thinking to a long term two week goal. After that then I'll start getting irate (just kidding, I'll just start spawning more bad poetry).

jessicattt
03-30-14, 11:37 AM
Still no boars. This is ridiculous.

katbtodd
03-30-14, 11:40 AM
Another Silly morning update from my kingdom. It's been a full week since I placed my swamp and today I got my first naturally spawned Dire Boar while collecting from 2sparkling mines! But all it dropped was fur, coins and 2 energies. This goal has come to a complete stop in my kingdom.

The new cutie pie fish drop increased yesterday for me from 1/14 to 1/9, so I was able to pre make several feasts. Unfortunately with no boar tusks in sight there is no need for all those meals so I will slow down pond collecting today since I'm maxed on water, regular fish and Mermaid scales.

I second the comment stating as to how is it our fault as players for following the goal line as it is presented to us. a simple, hey guys, don't place your swamp yet would have been nice or a goal pop up stating first collect 50 tusks before you craft your swamp would have been useful.

I waited several days after I accomplished the swamp goal to place it because I LIKED the boars. I only placed the boars after it was pointed out by several people here and on my wall that 1. If we needed more boar items then TL would give us more boars and 2. It takes 7-9 energies to fight the boars but only 2 energies return. Unfortunately this time around the first point didn't apply as its been a week and only 1 naturally spawned in my kingdom.

Personally I give updates and like reading what everyone else is experiencing, good or bad, because it shows me that my game is behaving normal not a glitch and allows me to adjust my game play. Ex: I was trying to get it done ASAP, built a ton of ponds. Now I'm adjusting my thinking to a long term two week goal. After that then I'll start getting irate (just kidding, I'll just start spawning more bad poetry).

Or even some thing simple like make it a bit harder so it would of taken longer to place the swamp, like collect from troll pit more times,,,

zelda0816
03-30-14, 11:41 AM
I have collected from every building, every flower, every crop, every EVERYTHING and have triggered every it BUT a boat.
I don't mind having a ongoing goal- but this is just frustrating...

plby
03-30-14, 12:02 PM
I have collected from every building, every flower, every crop, every EVERYTHING and have triggered every it BUT a boat.
I don't mind having a ongoing goal- but this is just frustrating...

supposedly boars will only spawn from sparkling mines, the tablet, characters' houses and chopping iron rich rock, can't confirm that they spawn from any but the mines tho...

------------------------------------------------------------

Really TL, if the spawn rate is the same as for other monsters, they need to spawn from something with a shorter rate than 3 hours. Like wells...

carolinarain
03-30-14, 12:04 PM
I was ready to tear my hair out because I've literally not seen a single boar since placing my pond (collecting from what should trigger them gets me nothing but trolls). I bought boar traps to pass that particular line, but now I'm stuck where it seems everyone else is. In one way I'm glad is no just me, in another I'm kind of annoyed. This is clearly an issue that needs fixed so I hope TL gets on it ASAP. There is no way I'm purchasing boar traps for a need that high, no way no how.

tigarlilyvol
03-30-14, 12:07 PM
supposedly boars will only spawn from sparkling mines, the tablet, characters' houses and chopping iron rich rock, can't confirm that they spawn from any but the boar tusks --------------------------------------------------------

Really TL, if the spawn rate is the same as for other monsters, they need to spawn from something with a shorter rate than 3 hours. Like wells...

Just got a boar from magic garden and it dropped 1 boar's tusk.

zoo123g
03-30-14, 12:14 PM
Just got a boar from magic garden and it dropped 1 boar's tusk.

congrats :)

belbar22
03-30-14, 12:44 PM
I finally managed to get my first boar today since this quest line stRted and got ....1 fur and my first feral adventure came back and although I got loads of stuff, I only got I pelt and 2 tusks. Not enough tusks for a 2nd adventure although I have got enough fish. Still very fed up. Very envious of all of you who got 3 pelts from 1st adventure. Congrats. :)

sassmastah
03-30-14, 01:11 PM
I am still stuck on the first step of this week's quest, waiting for my 3rd boar. I got the first with the boar trap as required in the quest, the second spawned that same day, and the 3rd must be hanging out, getting drunk on ale with buddy boy Thurston, rather then wreaking havoc in my kingdom.

I know it's only 5 gems for another boar trap, which would at least allow me to move on and unlock the new fish recipes, but I simply refuse to spend gems on this. TL will obviously need to fix the code on Monday. Until then, I have plastered Oliverrr11's WANTED: DIRE BOAR posters on every square inch of the kingdom.

It's been 72 hours since the last Boar sighting... I know you're out there!!!

pigricesnow
03-30-14, 01:28 PM
Why still no BOAR ~~~~~~~~~

enaid03
03-30-14, 01:48 PM
I'm beginning to think this is nothing more than a cruel April Fool's day joke.

These boars are extinct. I even broke down and bought a trap....to be rewarded in gold, and nothing else.