PDA

View Full Version : Mining - Amber Dragon (IOS) EXPIRED

Pages : [1] 2

belbar22
03-25-14, 02:48 PM
New mining dragon. Only got 31 days to get it. Not sure if it is possible when I only evolve at levels 6 and 9

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/6b70efc8-0db1-4dbf-b19b-f961f3faeed6_zps06793bd4.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/6b70efc8-0db1-4dbf-b19b-f961f3faeed6_zps06793bd4.png.html)
Edit(KP) 36 Hours

The mine is only offered to IOS(apple) devices.

The mine unlocks at level 45.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63066-Dragon-Story-Mining-4-1-Update-Expansion-side-opened!&p=809092&viewfull=1#post809092 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63066-Dragon-Story-Mining-4-1-Update-Expansion-side-opened!&p=809092&viewfull=1#post809092)

[ http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/9b8da6c7-8356-4dae-ac26-b27a29d993a7_zps96172ca5.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/9b8da6c7-8356-4dae-ac26-b27a29d993a7_zps96172ca5.jpg.html)

freshfunin2008
03-25-14, 02:57 PM
New mining dragon. Only got 31 days to get it. Not sure if it is possible when I only evolve at levels 6 and 9

Hmmmm 200 parts in 31 days. It might be tight.

jellyxbelly
03-25-14, 02:58 PM
Just used my saved up bombs and I have 33 parts so far

freshfunin2008
03-25-14, 02:59 PM
ah it is red, yellow, and black. Cool

midnightmeerkat
03-25-14, 03:01 PM
Yay... Great!!

nukesters2
03-25-14, 03:13 PM
Just started this now, and already have 32 pieces of amber. I have been doing a LOT of hatching and evolving and trading lately though so lots of mines

dangerb0y
03-25-14, 03:40 PM
Hmmmm 200 parts in 31 days. It might be tight.

Assuming you have not saved your bombs, don't speed evolve and evolve around the clock, and get at least one amber per visit, that will total 186 amber pieces. I hope they have a double amber weekend like they did with ingots.

cakeandpie
03-25-14, 03:46 PM
Hmmm...it's really not fair to put such a short time on it when some people (like me) do not evolve from 3 to 4. I am not sure how it's going to be possible for me, because my evolutions will require so much food that it just won't be possible to evolve that much. And I was not one of the people who got a 7th farm either, so I'm constrained there also. Further, I had to use every possible bomb to get Platinum (managed to get 199 ingots, so only had to spend 4 gold to get the last one), so I have none saved up. So for me this is going to be a real challenge.

belbar22
03-25-14, 03:59 PM
Hmmm...it's really not fair to put such a short time on it when some people (like me) do not evolve from 3 to 4. I am not sure how it's going to be possible for me, because my evolutions will require so much food that it just won't be possible to evolve that much. And I was not one of the people who got a 7th farm either, so I'm constrained there also. Further, I had to use every possible bomb to get Platinum (managed to get 199 ingots, so only had to spend 4 gold to get the last one), so I have none saved up. So for me this is going to be a real challenge.

It would definitely be easier with a 7th farm, although I have just looked at my dragons and most are at level 7 if not at Epic and all bar 4 will need 62,500 to get from 9-10. I am a little demoralised.

LemonadeMouth173
03-25-14, 04:05 PM
I didnt get Platinum but im not complaining. It wasnt my fav dragon. This one instead...I want it! Butbut :( i have only few lvl 4 dragons and those lvl 7 r hungry like a bunch of wild wolves. So much food so lil time!:(

jaybay1147
03-25-14, 04:14 PM
I personally got two Platinum dragons and had to use a last small push to get the second. So far I have 18 or so amber parts from a couple bombs I saved up the last two days.

sfallday
03-25-14, 04:44 PM
Pretty happy I saved my bombs good start 36 pieces

Sparkly888
03-25-14, 05:11 PM
What a pretty dragon!
I have lots of Love and Winter fails from speed breeding for the Egyptian Adventure so now I'm in cleanup mode. Evolving to level 4 and trading them off. Evolution Temple hasn't been idle since the start of the event!

I guess not everyone plays the same. It's working out well for me though.

SenseiNJ
03-25-14, 05:35 PM
Just went through the 25 bombs I stockpiled. Managed to mine 55 amber pieces. Off to a good start I would say.

blah1820
03-25-14, 06:16 PM
How many bombs do you get for an evolution? Like if you evolve a dragon that took 5 hours do u get 5 bombs?

Lesimony
03-25-14, 06:36 PM
It's 1 bomb per 4 hours of evolution time.

Now I'm really glad I stockpiled the max of 25 bombs. Got 39 amber pieces from them.

Clark_Wayne
03-25-14, 07:16 PM
Spared my bomb until new mining :)
Got 71 pieces of Amber :) :)

chalupa2030
03-25-14, 07:25 PM
It's not very cute ~ and it's my daughters name!

dhridocjr
03-25-14, 10:53 PM
I have 201 pieces of amber. I am crafting it now, so excited!
I willing for the second one. Good luck everyone!

dhridocjr
03-25-14, 10:53 PM

awsumum
03-25-14, 11:27 PM

Well done! :) you must have evolved like crazy! Congratulations :)

dhridocjr
03-26-14, 12:07 AM
Well done! :) you must have evolved like crazy! Congratulations :)

I had spend about 300 coins just to speed up evolved.

esperia77
03-26-14, 02:43 AM
I didn't spare bombs, because I needed the extra food we can obtain from mining.
I have 14 ingot in my storage, totally useless. Really unwise of me.
In 31 days I need to get 6,45 /day amber eggs. Today I got my first 7 pieces and I have my paladin (29 hours) in the evolution temple.
I'll expedite the evolution in the last hours. Hope I'll get at least 7 bombs from it.

ginamarie510
03-26-14, 06:14 AM
Is anyone having problems getting bombs or dynamite? I'm not getting any like last time when you would harvest food or upgrade your dragons ? I'm not getting nothing

sheardear
03-26-14, 06:46 AM
It would definitely be easier with a 7th farm, although I have just looked at my dragons and most are at level 7 if not at Epic and all bar 4 will need 62,500 to get from 9-10. I am a little demoralised.

Me too, I was excited about trying for a new dragon then, saw the timer and it took all the fun out of it. I too have mostly level 7/epic dragons and they require huge numbers of food as you've quoted above, I used to like only evolving twice but now it's a real problem, why can't bomb drop from hatching instead? that would be fair for everyone. I really liked this feature but now it makes me not want to play

elwood99
03-26-14, 07:34 AM
Just a thought, have anyone tried to evolve air/light/water/fire/forest dragons ? Will you get any bombs?

freshfunin2008
03-26-14, 08:22 AM
Is anyone having problems getting bombs or dynamite? I'm not getting any like last time when you would harvest food or upgrade your dragons ? I'm not getting nothing

You can only have a max of 25 each. Other than that it is working good for me so far.

Anyuszko
03-26-14, 08:31 AM
Assuming you have not saved your bombs, don't speed evolve and evolve around the clock, and get at least one amber per visit, that will total 186 amber pieces. I hope they have a double amber weekend like they did with ingots.

Your calculation is ok, except that it is pretty easy to get 2 pieces with every bombs (372 total). I got 55 pieces from 25 bombs. Just mine wisely and you almost get at least 2 pieces, so it is pretty easy to get this dragon for everyone.

cakeandpie
03-26-14, 10:50 AM

I hear you. I have a lot of dragons at 7-8 that take TONS of food. I will have to hope that I hatch a lot of new dragons that I can feed to level 7. However I'm usually not very lucky at breeding. It took more tries than I can even count (even with some speed breeding) to get Carnival and Celtic recently, which are only supposed to be "rare." :(

AJImmer
03-26-14, 11:28 AM

You can't get bombs or dynamite from harvesting food (in the World Event you could get Egyptian Coins from harvesting but that's a different challenge). You will get dynamite from breeding new dragons (1 dynamite for each four hours of breeding time) and you get bombs from evolving dragons (again, 1 bomb for each four hours of evolution time).

MakJulos
03-26-14, 11:50 AM
You can't get bombs or dynamite from harvesting food (in the World Event you could get Egyptian Coins from harvesting but that's a different challenge). You will get dynamite from breeding new dragons (1 dynamite for each four hours of breeding time) and you get bombs from evolving dragons (again, 1 bomb for each hour of evolution time).

Huh? 1 bomb for each hour of evolution time? That must be incorrect, i've never gotten more than a handful bombs from whatever i've evolved...hmm i'm sure i'd remember getting 15 bombs from the Laserlights i evolved to trade (don't ask me why lol)....or is something changed now...i am confoosed.....:confused:

midnightmeerkat
03-26-14, 11:58 AM
Huh? 1 bomb for each hour of evolution time? That must be incorrect, i've never gotten more than a handful bombs from whatever i've evolved...hmm i'm sure i'd remember getting 15 bombs from the Laserlights i evolved to trade (don't ask me why lol)....or is something changed now...i am confoosed.....:confused:

That was a typo I think. Just missed out the 4 hours bit when talking about the bombs

freshfunin2008
03-26-14, 12:03 PM
Yes 1 bomb per 4 hours of evolve and breeding time.

ginamarie510
03-26-14, 12:37 PM
Thank You! Fresh 🍥🌹🍥

SenseiNJ
03-26-14, 02:55 PM
Just a thought, have anyone tried to evolve air/light/water/fire/forest dragons ? Will you get any bombs?

I was wondering that too, but didn't try water dragon yet. You won't get any with fire or forest. I'll try it with water when I have a free evolution temple. Water dragons are easy to get and require minimal food, so if their evolution drops bombs then that would be really helpful.

mermaidzen
03-26-14, 03:27 PM
I got 1 bomb when I evolved my air to epic if that helps. My son is really good at mining and gets me loads so save my bombs for him.
Does anyone know what level the mine starts at as he has just started playing and can't wait to get the mine.

midnightmeerkat
03-26-14, 04:03 PM
I got 1 bomb when I evolved my air to epic if that helps. My son is really good at mining and gets me loads so save my bombs for him.
Does anyone know what level the mine starts at as he has just started playing and can't wait to get the mine.

Mining for dragon parts is level 45 and for land level 80..... See this thread for info on mining http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63066-Dragon-Story-v1-8-release-with-new-Features-Expansions!-Now-available-for-all-iOS!

asyran2012
03-26-14, 04:27 PM
Only 31 Days to get this dragon? WHAT!?!? This might be impossible for me to get 200 in that amount of time! Do an event where we can get triple of those thing :p

metsfreek
03-26-14, 04:38 PM
Wow this is annoying. I don't know if I even want to try to do this

midnightmeerkat
03-26-14, 09:24 PM
Only 31 Days to get this dragon? WHAT!?!? This might be impossible for me to get 200 in that amount of time! Do an event where we can get triple of those thing :p

If you make sure you always have a dragon evolving you will get 6 bombs a day. 31 days x 6 = 180 bombs.

midnightmeerkat
03-26-14, 09:25 PM
Wow this is annoying. I don't know if I even want to try to do this

It's easily attainable... I prefer for them to have a new one each month

metsfreek
03-26-14, 09:30 PM
It's easily attainable... I prefer for them to have a new one each month

Not when you don't have to play 24/7 or have most of your dragons at epic or they require 62,500 food to level from 9-10

elwood99
03-26-14, 09:41 PM
Not when you don't have to play 24/7 or have most of your dragons at epic or they require 62,500 food to level from 9-10

just keep buying water and then evolve them to lvl 4 and then sell them. Its food requirements are pretty low - scalypears can more than cover the cost.

sheardear
03-27-14, 12:13 AM
just keep buying water and then evolve them to lvl 4 and then sell them. Its food requirements are pretty low - scalypears can more than cover the cost.

Some of us don't evolve at level 4 we would have to keep feeding until level 6 that's why it's easier for some than others
Actually Have just checked the feeding costs to see what I would need to evolve at level 6, I would need 1830 , I could get this from 3 farms if using scalypears or even quicker with diamondates. Has anybody evolved a water dragon to see if it drops bombs?
I may give it ago

midnightmeerkat
03-27-14, 12:31 AM
Some of us don't evolve at level 4 we would have to keep feeding until level 6 that's why it's easier for some than others

Hmmm.... How would you like to have to evolve at level 3? Maybe we should suggest it.

sheardear
03-27-14, 12:40 AM
Hmmm.... How would you like to have to evolve at level 3? Maybe we should suggest it.

Actually I would be happy to evolve at level 3 especially if it gives me bombs for the mine, and increase my chances at getting the mining dragons

midnightmeerkat
03-27-14, 01:20 AM
Actually Have just checked the feeding costs to see what I would need to evolve at level 6, I would need 1830 , I could get this from 3 farms if using scalypears or even quicker with diamondates. Has anybody evolved a water dragon to see if it drops bombs?
I may give it ago

Someone said before that they got a bomb from an air dragon which is only 2 hour evolve time so I would think that a water dragon would drop bombs

sheardear
03-27-14, 01:27 AM
Someone said before that they got a bomb from an air dragon which is only 2 hour evolve time so I would think that a water dragon would drop bombs

Thanks will buy 1 when both my nests are free

LilMzB4Life
03-27-14, 04:57 PM
I wished I had received a notification for this. I'm just now finding out about it by accident. Went to mine for land only to come to the forums and find out it started 2 days ago. Well, hopefully I can collect enough to get this one.

jaybay1147
03-27-14, 05:57 PM
I have a bit over 30 of these Amber thingies.

midnightmeerkat
03-27-14, 06:13 PM
I wished I had received a notification for this. I'm just now finding out about it by accident. Went to mine for land only to come to the forums and find out it started 2 days ago. Well, hopefully I can collect enough to get this one.

For the past 2 days I've had an in game pop-up

MakJulos
03-28-14, 10:11 AM
If you make sure you always have a dragon evolving you will get 6 bombs a day. 31 days x 6 = 180 bombs.

And very often you get 2 or even 3 hits per bomb used if lucky and keeping a cool head lol...so if evolving 24/7 it definetly should be possible - but don't you dare miss out on planning your evolutions - make sure to set alarm in the middle of night if necessary to switch dragons in evolution temple, and make sure boss at work doesn't see you drop tools and run off to DS to put a new dragon in there, *sigh*...well, can always buy your way to success ofc...

When the mining thing was first launched i was surprised that it was nothing but good for the players lucky enough to get it - you got rewarded for playing a lot, it was simply too nice sort of....well it's fixed now, goldtrapping implemented - check! But that's ok ofc, it is a business after all and without satisfied players paying up there'd be no game att all!

Ah well, if i can't get Amber dragon from playing the way i do - i check in on DS far more than i think i should lol - then i can do without it for sure, i cannot keep up with feeding what dragons i got already anyway! And we're constantly flooded with new dragons so if i miss out on a bunch, oh well...:D

bounty_killer77
03-28-14, 02:24 PM
I have 45 pieces of Amber so far but I wish they raised the max limit you can have in storage a bit. I evolved a lot of dragons without receiving bombs because of the relatively small max :(

buttabdullah99
03-28-14, 03:09 PM
I am having 70 amber eggs so far and now I am having 0 bombs and I am evolving my breeding fails having little hatching time (limit 10 hrs) evolve them and getting bombs from them :)

jim23cash
03-28-14, 10:41 PM
I have my Amber almost constructed in spell shop.
I like the mining feature. I only wish they hadn't reduced the food awards.
They (higher food awards) made it easier to evolve the higher level Dragons.

SenseiNJ
03-29-14, 11:49 AM
Just went through the 25 bombs I stockpiled. Managed to mine 55 amber pieces. Off to a good start I would say.

Just used up another 22 bombs and I'm now at 97 pieces. This mining goal is not as hard as one would think. You just have to be patient and pace yourself.

MakJulos
03-29-14, 03:18 PM
Just used up another 22 bombs and I'm now at 97 pieces. This mining goal is not as hard as one would think. You just have to be patient and pace yourself.

22 bombs, so that's from 88 hours of evolving? Well, this mining goal is definetly piece of cake if using gold to speed up things...myself i'm at 60 pieces after constantly evolving since start - i had a couple bombs saved up from before it started though - and it'll be intersting seeing how it goes, i think i'll be fine without using gold as long as i plan stuff!

LemonadeMouth173
03-29-14, 03:37 PM
22 bombs, so that's from 88 hours of evolving? Well, this mining goal is definetly piece of cake if using gold to speed up things...myself i'm at 60 pieces after constantly evolving since start - i had a couple bombs saved up from before it started though - and it'll be intersting seeing how it goes, i think i'll be fine without using gold as long as i plan stuff!

Yeah, its easy for those who can evolve at lvl 4. I cannot . I must feed my dragons to lvl 6 then i can evolve them. And i have only 50 pieces so far. I worked pretty hard for them cuz i need to evolve at least a 20+ hrs dragon/ day to get 6 pieces. This mine stuff wasnt think very fair for all players. But... We need to adapt it:)

jptheripper
03-29-14, 03:39 PM
Yeah, its easy for those who can evolve at lvl 4. I cannot . I must feed my dragons to lvl 6 then i can evolve them. And i have only 50 pieces so far. I worked pretty hard for them cuz i need to evolve at least a 20+ hrs dragon/ day to get 6 pieces. This mine stuff wasnt think very fair for all players. But... We need to adapt it:)

Id trade in a heartbeat to not evolve at level 4.

SenseiNJ
03-29-14, 03:41 PM

I don't speed evolve, it's a waste of gold. I evolved my Egyptian type dragons and my carnival dragon. As soon as one is finished evolving I just put another one. Plus, I've been trying to get the Mardi Gras dragon, but keep getting poison dragons as fails. I'll evolve them from level 6 to 7 before trading them, so I get bombs from that too. Like you, I'd like to show that the game can still be played and enjoyed without having to buy and spend gold.

LemonadeMouth173
03-29-14, 03:45 PM
Id trade in a heartbeat to not evolve at level 4.

Thats the reason for im not complaining about mine. No need to get it in one day like other players, lol. All im saying is that its pretty hard to get bombs for those who cannot evolve at lvl 4

LemonadeMouth173
03-29-14, 03:49 PM
I don't speed evolve, it's a waste of gold. I evolved my Egyptian type dragons and my carnival dragon. As soon as one is finished evolving I just put another one. Plus, I've been trying to get the Mardi Gras dragon, but keep getting poison dragons as fails. I'll evolve them from level 6 to 7 before trading them, so I get bombs from that too. Like you, I'd like to show that the game can still be played and enjoyed without having to buy and spend gold.

Yes, ure able to do it so fast because u can evolve at lvl 4. It will be a very big waste of food for me to feed all my fails to lvl 6 only to get bombs from them. Its not the same situation.

jptheripper
03-29-14, 03:55 PM
I have about a 4 months queue of dragons waiting to be evolved at level 6. I dont think i will ever run out.

LemonadeMouth173
03-29-14, 04:02 PM
I have about a 4 months queue of dragons waiting to be evolved at level 6. I dont think i will ever run out.

I know , i dont think this is fair too . But cant be the same for all, no? Be happy cuz ull get ur Amber faster than me . Good luck!

SenseiNJ
03-29-14, 04:05 PM
Yes, ure able to do it so fast because u can evolve at lvl 4. It will be a very big waste of food for me to feed all my fails to lvl 6 only to get bombs from them. Its not the same situation.

I'd just like to clarify, I can't evolve from level 3 to 4. That's something I'm actually glad about. I feed my dragons from level 1 to 6 then evolve them. I put Mummy dragon to evolve on Tuesday, Cleopatra on Wednesday, sphinx on Thursday and Carnival on Friday. Those 4 days make up the 88 hours of evolution time I needed. I did not speed evolve, nor did any thing that one could say I had an unfair advantage over any other player. I just put in the time and effort to earn the 97 amber pieces I have now.

MakJulos
03-29-14, 04:18 PM
Hmm...i think we all agree, about everything mining-related, there's good and bad sides of everything.. But i am glad i must evolve 3-4...ehmm no i'm not really, but for bombs it's good :p

So, if you guys want to trade a dragon away you just feed it til lvl 4 and then put it in Trading Portal? Not if non-iOS that is...

LemonadeMouth173
03-29-14, 04:38 PM
Hmm...i think we all agree, about everything mining-related, there's good and bad sides of everything.. But i am glad i must evolve 3-4...ehmm no i'm not really, but for bombs it's good :p

So, if you guys want to trade a dragon away you just feed it til lvl 4 and then put it in Trading Portal? Not if non-iOS that is...
Yep, i feed it till 4 then i trade it. But often i sell it directly from the nest because i dont want to waste my food for useless gems. My inv its full with gems and no purpose for them. And i think ill need the whole month to get this Amber. As I said - i put one 20 hrs dragon/ day and i have 50 pieces. Not good but not bad either. Yes, ill need some patience. Anyway i dont like the mine. I find it more annoying than arena.

belbar22
03-29-14, 06:28 PM
Yep, i feed it till 4 then i trade it. But often i sell it directly from the nest because i dont want to waste my food for useless gems. My inv its full with gems and no purpose for them. And i think ill need the whole month to get this Amber. As I said - i put one 20 hrs dragon/ day and i have 50 pieces. Not good but not bad either. Yes, ill need some patience. Anyway i dont like the mine. I find it more annoying than arena.

Totally agree. Mining is boring and I have run out of dragons to evolve to level 7 so they now all need to evolve to 10. This is going to be really hard for me. Very fed up.

buttabdullah99
03-30-14, 12:47 AM
Totally agree. Mining is boring and I have run out of dragons to evolve to level 7 so they now all need to evolve to 10. This is going to be really hard for me. Very fed up.
Hi belbar no need to feed ur own dragons just feed the fails u got from breeding my limit is till 15 hrs I evolve my mist fail and feed him to come on 4 and it gave me 4 bombs so GUYS USE UR BREEDING FAILS TO GET BOMBS AFTER FEEDING THEM TO LVL 4 SEEL HIM OR TRADE AND DO SAME THING WITH OTHER FAILS SO GUD LUCK ;);)

sand
03-30-14, 01:11 AM

Are we playing the same game? When I evolve Air dragons, I don't get ANY bombs!

You get one per four hours. If it's a five hour, the extra gets carried over so a three hour would add to that to give you a bomb. Same as in the Egyptian event etc where you plant the 10 minute plants - you eventually get enough for an hour's part.

There is no extra carrying over for me. I got only 3 bombs this morning for Laserlight(15hrs) and 4 bombs just now for Lacewing (18hrs). Also, dragons that evolve in less than 4hrs have given me NO bombs. If they did, all those Air dragons we bought and hatched for the Egyptian event would have been handily converted to bombs. No such luck.

MakJulos
03-30-14, 01:58 AM
Ouch, just used up 4 bombs and despite getting multiple hits per bomb usually i only got one from each this time *pouts*

Edit: well, "usually" might be wrong word, but quite often at least...

LemonadeMouth173
03-30-14, 04:34 AM
Ouch, just used up 4 bombs and despite getting multiple hits per bomb usually i only got one from each this time *pouts*

Edit: well, "usually" might be wrong word, but quite often at least...

Yes, me too. I used to get at least 2 but now... Im very upset. I wont get it like i didnt get Platinum either because i needed to pick piece by piece. Pffff... I like it less and less

chalupa2030
03-30-14, 05:23 AM
Hi belbar no need to feed ur own dragons just feed the fails u got from breeding my limit is till 15 hrs I evolve my mist fail and feed him to come on 4 and it gave me 4 bombs so GUYS USE UR BREEDING FAILS TO GET BOMBS AFTER FEEDING THEM TO LVL 4 SEEL HIM OR TRADE AND DO SAME THING WITH OTHER FAILS SO GUD LUCK ;);)

Agreed!

Anaboe
03-30-14, 05:27 AM
I agree with LemonadeMouth and MakJulos: usually I got 2, sometimes 3 pieces from each bomb, now 1, maybe two. This way this is another gold-trap from TL.

I started this Amber-mining with 25 bombs (didn't need a third Platinum, so I didn't use them), and am evolving 24/7. I have 86 amber pieces now, don't see how I ever gonna get 200 in time...

chalupa2030
03-30-14, 05:28 AM
All im saying is that its pretty hard to get bombs for those who cannot evolve at lvl 4

Why can't they? Are they on android? I missed something, didn't i?

LemonadeMouth173
03-30-14, 05:37 AM
Why can't they? Are they on android? I missed something, didn't i?

Im on iOS but i can evolve only on lvl 6 because thats how it was when i started to play. So as u can imagine i cant afford to feed all my fails to lvl 6 only to evolve them. Thats why is pretty hard for me and all the players like myself to get needed bombs. Thats what im trying to explain to all those who wanna give me good advices to evolve at lvl 4 my fails. Well, thx ppl, but i cant evolve at lvl 4!!! Hope i made myself clear this time:)

Nanyce
03-30-14, 06:08 AM
hi! I just switched from android to ios and I started that mining thing to get amber dragon. The fact is that it seems impossible to get the 200 pieces in time since you get only one or max 2 per bombe! So can anybody tell mewhat will happen to the amber that has been collected? will it be useless once amber dragon is no more available?

Anaboe
03-30-14, 07:30 AM
All the other parts from former mining or summonings are useless, so I assume the Amber-parts will become useless too.

elwood99
03-30-14, 07:30 AM
Im on iOS but i can evolve only on lvl 6 because thats how it was when i started to play. So as u can imagine i cant afford to feed all my fails to lvl 6 only to evolve them. Thats why is pretty hard for me and all the players like myself to get needed bombs. Thats what im trying to explain to all those who wanna give me good advices to evolve at lvl 4 my fails. Well, thx ppl, but i cant evolve at lvl 4!!! Hope i made myself clear this time:)

Just buy water dragon evolve it to lvl6. The food cost can be covered by scaly pears.

MakJulos
03-30-14, 08:34 AM
The way they set it up does seem to put more pressure on players with older accounts where you only evolve twice, players that has loyally stuck to playing DS, perhaps gotten most dragons already, and leveled them up high also....while noobs like myself have it easier. I think many "veterans" know their dragons and a few tricks so they get around it still, but it does seem unfair rewarding loyalty this way...BUT, as always it's complicated making everyone happy (and surely this setup is what's best for gold sales lol).

I'm not sure i like this model really, it's just another thing i must keep in mind, and makes playing DS even less casual sort of...well, no big deal - i am free to just relax, and skip Amber, so nothing to complain about really!:)

LemonadeMouth173
03-30-14, 08:44 AM
Well i love Amber, idk why but i become pretty crazy when a black hybrid its involved and ill do whatever i can to get it. Thanks to all who wanted to help with an advice or a nice word but i like the fact that i can evolve only twice and i dont want to change it. I think this is my 3 rd yr here on DS and this is the only game i kept so much on my phone. I think this tells everything:)

MakJulos
03-30-14, 08:55 AM
After having played since last september only, and seeing how new dragons are being constantly implemented 13 by the dozen i really doubt i can ever get such a feeling for some specific dragon or color combo hehe!

And yes, mining Amber or not - i do envy that you only have to evolve twice lol!:)

bottledH20
03-30-14, 09:21 AM
Yes, water dragons work for evolving to receive bombs for the mine. Light dragons also work if you have the extra cash and 9 hours is more convenient for you. I do get a dynamite when I hatch an Air Dragon (I have been breeding Diamond + Air and getting lots of Air fails that give me 1 dynamite); however, I cannot speak for evolving for bombs because I have not evolved the Air Dragons.

Getting an Amber Dragon in 30 days is easy as far as I'm concerned... it might be hard if you are low level AND cannot evolve from 3 to 4, because that would be expensive, but a high level can easily buy and evolve lights, waters, or airs. The only way I can see it being a problem is if you are maxed out on dragons & habitats and have no room to buy and evolve a water. And as far as getting that many bombs in 30 days... this also seems easy to me... it's been going on less than a week, and I am already about halfway there. Also, I am still usually getting 2 hits per bomb, rarely I get 1, and rarely I get 3, so those probably even out. Extremely rarely, I get 4 or even 5. One time I even got 6, but that was a while ago, and I think they've lowered the success rate and/or the number of attempts per bomb since then.

Now that I've said all that... I have a question for y'all, if you don't mind answering. I've tried searching the forum for the answer and haven't had luck. I remember reading before that if you acquired the 10th expansion from the mine, that it shuts down the right side of the mine. Is that still the case?

Thanks.

midnightmeerkat
03-30-14, 12:09 PM
I don't know why you are saying that TL have done anything to the drop rate (there are no random drops in the mine) It is the same set up that it has always been -1 piece available and it's just a matter of where you click and depends on luck until you get near, then more luck and a bit of s**** to hone in on the piece.

MakJulos
03-30-14, 12:18 PM
I don't know why you are saying that TL have done anything to the drop rate (there are no random drops in the mine) It is the same set up that it has always been -1 piece available and it's just a matter of where you click and depends on luck until you get near, then more luck and a bit of s**** to hone in on the piece.

Perhaps you're correct, or not - we'll never get a straight answer about it anyway :D Myself i don't know, i do get fewer drops in mines lately- that is a fact - but i may just be extra unlucky. But, if wanting to make players possibly buy more gold it would be a good idea to have random number of rewards in mines, and let some players get good drops so they can post on forum about getting 4 pieces per Bomb, while other get fewer rewards in their mine and exit disappointed....but no, that's ofc yet another conspiracy theory :eek:

midnightmeerkat
03-30-14, 12:31 PM
Perhaps you're correct, or not - we'll never get a straight answer about it anyway :D Myself i don't know, i do get fewer drops in mines lately- that is a fact - but i may just be extra unlucky. But, if wanting to make players possibly buy more gold it would be a good idea to have random number of rewards in mines, and let some players get good drops so they can post on forum about getting 4 pieces per Bomb, while other get fewer rewards in their mine and exit disappointed....but no, that's ofc yet another conspiracy theory :eek:

I think there would be even more whining if it was more random - and you would be getting fewer amber pieces because you are just more unlucky about not clicking near the amber pieces....... pieces do not "drop" it's all about luck as to where that piece is. Sometimes I can click 6 times before I even get near and then sometimes I'm very close on the first click. Just luck.

What I find is that once I've got the first piece a lot of the times the next piece is very close to where the first piece is.

MakJulos
03-30-14, 12:38 PM
Well, after playing games for too many years - drops, loot, rewards, whatever lol - randomly actually dropping or placed before to be found, i understand what you mean and again - i am getting a lot less of them lately using exactly same tactics (and i am well aware of that sneaky placing of them close to eachother lol) but ofc - maybe i'm just having an unlucky streak! :D Just now got 4 pieces from 3 bombs, so it could be worse still...

midnightmeerkat
03-30-14, 01:31 PM
Well, after playing games for too many years - drops, loot, rewards, whatever lol - randomly actually dropping or placed before to be found, i understand what you mean and again - i am getting a lot less of them lately using exactly same tactics (and i am well aware of that sneaky placing of them close to eachother lol) but ofc - maybe i'm just having an unlucky streak! :D Just now got 4 pieces from 3 bombs, so it could be worse still...

The natural instinct is to make the next click away from where you've just found the piece, I was always clicking everywhere but next to it until I twigged to their tactics lol

belbar22
03-30-14, 02:38 PM

I only evolve to 7 and 10, that is why this is so hard for me.

belbar22
03-30-14, 02:42 PM
Just buy water dragon evolve it to lvl6. The food cost can be covered by scaly pears.

It's not the cost that is the problem. I plant diamond dates as in have ?250 million coins. But if you use apples to level up waters to 6 which I have done a couple of times, then it takes even longer to evolve my other dragons. Really hacked off with the limited time element of this.

dangerb0y
03-30-14, 02:48 PM
I have noticed that once you have discovered your first prize, the mine randomly places the prizes again. For instance, I will place a bomb and it will say "too far". When I find the prize in 3 or 4 more moves, I place a bomb next to the "too far" place and discover that I am now very close or have hit a prize again. This has happened on multiple occasions for me.

jptheripper
03-30-14, 02:53 PM
It's not the cost that is the problem. I plant diamond dates as in have ?250 million coins. But if you use apples to level up waters to 6 which I have done a couple of times, then it takes even longer to evolve my other dragons. Really hacked off with the limited time element of this.

Wah. Not evolving at 4 is a major plus. Plus diamondates are the one of the absolute LOWEST food producers at 160/hr. Upgrapes are 600 per hour, almost 4 times faster! if you really need food, plant a better crop/

midnightmeerkat
03-30-14, 03:00 PM
I have noticed that once you have discovered your first prize, the mine randomly places the prizes again. For instance, I will place a bomb and it will say "too far". When I find the prize in 3 or 4 more moves, I place a bomb next to the "too far" place and discover that I am now very close or have hit a prize again. This has happened on multiple occasions for me.

Yes, it's always been that way... There is only 1 piece available at a time.

midnightmeerkat
03-30-14, 03:11 PM

I personally think it's better to know up front when it's going to expire than for them to give 2 or 3 days notice

MakJulos
03-30-14, 03:20 PM
I personally think it's better to know up front when it's going to expire than for them to give 2 or 3 days notice

I totally agree with this, knowing when event finishes from the start is good...but then if the set duration is ok or too short, that's another matter. I don't like the way they set it up, i understand it's just another type of goldtrap, but when the evolving is so different on old/new accounts...yes ofc you can succeed with the event no matter what account you have, no matter what level you are - just spend enough time or gold on it, but...well, i wish it was arranged in some other way.

cakeandpie
03-30-14, 07:47 PM
Wah. Not evolving at 4 is a major plus. Plus diamondates are the one of the absolute LOWEST food producers at 160/hr. Upgrapes are 600 per hour, almost 4 times faster! if you really need food, plant a better crop/

Your expectations are extremely unrealistic. Maybe for an hour in the evening (if I don't have something else to do), I could plant crops every ten minutes. But the rest of the day I have stuff to, you know, DO. If I planted upgrapes every 10 minutes I'd do nothing but play Dragon story all day long! Planting Diamondates 3x/day plus one or two crops of Rushrooms is generally the best I can do.

I still say TL is making it extremely hard for those of us who don't evolve from 3 to 4 (normally a plus, yes!! But not at all fair when it comes to receiving bombs--we should get double bombs, or TL should give bombs for some other activity instead of evolving) and don't get a 7th farm.

bottledH20
03-30-14, 08:04 PM
I still say TL is making it extremely hard for those of us who don't evolve from 3 to 4 (normally a plus, yes!! But not at all fair when it comes to receiving bombs--we should get double bombs, or TL should give bombs for some other activity instead of evolving) and don't get a 7th farm.

While I agree with the first part of your post, I have to wholeheartedly disagree with this. If you do the math on how big of an advantage not having to evolve from 3 to 4 is, I think you will find that it is MONTHS of evolution that you do not have to do. That advantage puts you MONTHS ahead of the rest of us, and that disparity only grows with every new dragon we acquire. A new 24 hour dragon? Another 24 hour advantage for you guys. So if you ask me if I feel sorry for y'all that you have to buy and feed water dragons to level 7 just so that you can MORE QUICKLY get this month's mined dragon (you might get it even if you don't take this the extra step), then my answer is absolutely not.

I recently acquired 5 ultra rares, averaging about 40 hours per dragon. 200 hours is over a week of evolving that you wouldn't have had to do. A week, with just 5 dragons. Like I said, you have an advantage of MONTHS over the rest of us. To hear you complain about this advantage because of a minor inconvenience really irks me, and probably a lot of others.

Edit: Granted, I will admit that this advantage will probably eventually even out as I finally get all of my dragons past level 3 and food becomes the limiting factor to evolution. But as of now, I have a queue of many weeks worth of dragons that need to be evolved, and food is not the limiting factor. And I have been playing almost a year, I believe.

midnightmeerkat
03-31-14, 01:02 AM
I just tried evolving an air dragon and did receive a bomb for it

elwood99
03-31-14, 01:14 AM

I have to evolve them from lvl 4 - lucky you. I have a very long list of dragons waiting to be evolved. If you have 250million in coins just evolve them other dragons. If you run out of dragons to evolve just put in water/light and evolve to lvl6. Good luck in mining.

esperia77
03-31-14, 01:57 AM
I have 51 amber pieces. I will need at least 6/7 amber pieces per day to get to the goal.
Therefore I keep evolving dragons with a long evolving time (16/24 hours) - egyptians are a plus on this.
With 6 bombs usually I get at least 8 pieces. It will, take time and patience, but I don't see how I could fail. ;o)

belbar22
03-31-14, 06:09 AM
While I agree with the first part of your post, I have to wholeheartedly disagree with this. If you do the math on how big of an advantage not having to evolve from 3 to 4 is, I think you will find that it is MONTHS of evolution that you do not have to do. That advantage puts you MONTHS ahead of the rest of us, and that disparity only grows with every new dragon we acquire. A new 24 hour dragon? Another 24 hour advantage for you guys. So if you ask me if I feel sorry for y'all that you have to buy and feed water dragons to level 7 just so that you can MORE QUICKLY get this month's mined dragon (you might get it even if you don't take this the extra step), then my answer is absolutely not.

I recently acquired 5 ultra rares, averaging about 40 hours per dragon. 200 hours is over a week of evolving that you wouldn't have had to do. A week, with just 5 dragons. Like I said, you have an advantage of MONTHS over the rest of us. To hear you complain about this advantage because of a minor inconvenience really irks me, and probably a lot of others.

Edit: Granted, I will admit that this advantage will probably eventually even out as I finally get all of my dragons past level 3 and food becomes the limiting factor to evolution. But as of now, I have a queue of many weeks worth of dragons that need to be evolved, and food is not the limiting factor. And I have been playing almost a year, I believe.

One of the things that I particularly like about this forum is that people are allowed to express different views in a spirit of tolerance. I think it is incredibly sad that you should be irked by the fact that those of us who only evolve twice are highlighting that this makes it nigh on impossible to get 200 pieces in 31 days. Yes, I may be lucky to only have to evolve twice, but I have never been able to breed a diamond and after almost 2 years of play eventually saved up enough gold to buy one. I never felt it was unfair that other people seemed to breed a diamond so much more easily than me, I was happy for them, if a little sad for me. I have also really struggled to breed new dragons and most of the ones I have are from tournaments and summoning these days, yet others seem to breed new dragons with relative ease. Once again, I am happy for them. TL has always operated a system of game play which can be unequal, however I am not sure why I should be disadvantaged for something which I have no control over. It is not my choice that I only evolve twice, that is TLs decision, based I am sure on the fact that I started playing this game not long after it started. I play Castle Story also and joined after last years valentine edition, so I never got a love shack and have not therefore been able to get an energy giving dragon which can be a huge advantage to those players who are lucky enough to have one. Does this irk me? Not at all, I am happy for them.

You, like everyone else on the forum is of course entitled to express their opinion, however please don't be irked when others express theirs.:)

LemonadeMouth173
03-31-14, 07:09 AM
I used like 7 bombs and got 10 pieces. Is this bad or good ? Looks like i get only 1 piece per bomb.

LemonadeMouth173
03-31-14, 07:11 AM
After few days with hardcore evolutions( only 24 + hrs) im a proud owner of 70 pieces. Umm, im sorry cuz ive opened the discussion about evolution time. I couldnt know that will irritate some1. This wasnt my intention. And those were the rules when i started to play. So good luck to all on getting needed pieces!Btw bel, ure a great lady:)

emmagail23
03-31-14, 09:28 AM
Now that I've said all that... I have a question for y'all, if you don't mind answering. I've tried searching the forum for the answer and haven't had luck. I remember reading before that if you acquired the 10th expansion from the mine, that it shuts down the right side of the mine. Is that still the case?

Thanks.

Yes it is still the case. I was the one who mentioned that, and my expansion mine is still locked even though I have 25 dynamite in my storage to use.

MakJulos
03-31-14, 09:32 AM
I don't like how mining for Amber is set up, but it does bring one good thing, at least the way i see it - the desperate evolving of dragons to get Bombs has made me level up dragons that i might not have leveled up otherwise...usually i prioritize dragons which can be useful - at least in theory lol - in the lottery arena, and a bunch of my dragons have stalled at low or mid level, but now i see an actual practical reason to evolve some weaker ones too. Since i want all my dragons to become epic even if they're not of much use in arena or produce loads of coins more good can come out of this for me than just Amber :)

freshfunin2008
03-31-14, 10:13 AM

I don't know if that is happening or not but I have had a "Too Far" spot and just adjacent to it I hit a very close which is strange. Luckily, I tend to hit two eggs for every bomb most of the time so getting 200 of theses in 31 days should not be an issue for me. I have so many dragons at lvl 3, 6, and 9 that my evolution temple is running 24/7 non stop. I get 6 bombs a day every day.

MakJulos
03-31-14, 10:32 AM
I don't know if that is happening or not but I have had a "Too Far" spot and just adjacent to it I hit a very close which is strange. Luckily, I tend to hit two eggs for every bomb most of the time so getting 200 of theses in 31 days should not be an issue for me. I have so many dragons at lvl 3, 6, and 9 that my evolution temple is running 24/7 non stop. I get 6 bombs a day every day.

That's very nice - i think i'll manage to get the 200 also, but work and sleep does barge in a lot already - luckily i'm really not that fuzzed about it, it's not like there's a lack of new dragons being implemented in game lol, i'll survive missing out on Amber if that happens :D

freshfunin2008
03-31-14, 10:37 AM
That's very nice - i think i'll manage to get the 200 also, but work and sleep does barge in a lot already - luckily i'm really not that fuzzed about it, it's not like there's a lack of new dragons being implemented in game lol, i'll survive missing out on Amber if that happens :D

I think we should be able to choose from 3 different dragons through the mining process. Maybe like roulette.... when you hit 200 you can select from a random choice of 3 super rare or maybe even an ultra rare one as well that you get to choose based on what you currently already own.

bottledH20
03-31-14, 11:14 AM
however I am not sure why I should be disadvantaged for something which I have no control over. It is not my choice that I only evolve twice, that is TLs decision, based I am sure on the fact that I started playing this game not long after it started.

The irony of that statement is that we are all also being disadvantaged by something which we have no control over, which is when we started playing the game. When I started playing the game, which is something I had no control over, meant that I was doomed to do three evolutions instead of two, which meant that now that I have already started months behind other people, I also have a disadvantage of months worth of evolutions, and that disadvantage grows greater with every new dragon that we acquire, as stated earlier. So you have an advantage that perpetually gets better, at the slight annoyance of having to buy and feed water dragons up to level 7 if you want this months' mined dragon, which you will most assuredly get if you stick with it, despite your claim that is makes it nigh impossible to get in 31 days, which I do not believe.

So yes, you are "disadvantaged" by your advantage (slightly), which you had no control over, but we are also disadvantaged by your advantage, which we had no control over, and because our disadvantage is much greater, I believe you should be advocating for the doing away with evolution from 3 to 4 for all players before you are advocating that you should receive another advantage on top of your advantage to prevent your advantage from having a slight disadvantage associated with it. And now my tongue is tied.

And yes, you can express your opinion all you want, and I will tolerate it, of course, but it does not mean that I will agree with it, nor that I will not express my opinion back, nor feel feelings of being "irked," which are all things that you should tolerate back, according to your own statements.

Fyi, I also had a very hard time getting a Diamond dragon. I even spent 300 gold on the boost to make it 6x more likely to get one, spent the entire time trying to get one, and still failed. Finally, after months of trying, I finally got one... and soon after, I was able to breed Crusader (twice), Quetzal, and Infinity, because those are easy once you have a Diamond... which is why I just recently acquired 5 ultra rares.... and fell another week behind you on evolutions.

And also fyi, I play Castle Story and also joined after Valentine's Day, and also cannot get the Alicorn; however, unlike you, I am also irked by it. It is not the fact that they/you have an advantage that irks me... it is the fact that it is an ever-increasing advantage. They can now permanently find more Alicorn parts and craft new Alicorns... an infinite amount of them.. and ultimately have an unlimited supply of energy. There are people out there with an Alicorn for every day of the week already. Shame on TL for creating advantages that produce ever-increasing disparity as time goes on.

Am I happy for you that you don't have to evolve from 3 to 4 and that some people in Castle Story can create more and more Alicorns? Yes. But I am also very disappointed in TL for their decision, and I am also slightly irked when someone takes their huge advantage and complains about a minor inconvenience associated with them, when the rest of us are so greatly and ever-increasingly inconvenienced comparatively.

Please understand that the nature of this method of communication is that my words can sound much harsher than how I mean them, and that when I say "irked," I mean only slightly irked... I am a generally good-natured person and hold no ill will towards you. To be honest, I am expressing my opinion more so that TL, if they are reading this, can see the other side of the argument on this and maybe do something about it that would be fair to ALL players, rather than come up with a solution that only helps the already greatly-advantaged players. Of course, TL's track record is to release new content rather than fix problems, because after all, people BUY new content, and I guess they don't believe us when we say that we would spend more on the games if they would fix the current problems and poor decisions.

Yes it is still the case. I was the one who mentioned that, and my expansion mine is still locked even though I have 25 dynamite in my storage to use.

Thank you so much for letting me know!

belbar22
03-31-14, 03:04 PM
Please understand that the nature of this method of communication is that my words can sound much harsher than how I mean them, and that when I say "irked," I mean only slightly irked... I am a generally good-natured person and hold no ill will towards you. To be honest, I am expressing my opinion more so that TL, if they are reading this, can see the other side of the argument on this and maybe do something about it that would be fair to ALL players, rather than come up with a solution that only helps the already greatly-advantaged players. Of course, TL's track record is to release new content rather than fix problems, because after all, people BUY new content, and I guess they don't believe us when we say that we would spend more on the games if they would fix the current problems and poor decisions.

!

You make some fair points and I am glad you are only slightly irked Lol. I have to confess I am more than slightly irked that I don't have a 7th farm, which would go some way to easing my feeding problem. Incidentally I completely get the frustration over evolving from levels 3 to 4 because that is what my daughter has to do and she gets really fed up as it takes so long to evolve her dragons. It would be great if evolving at level 3 to 4 was abolished with immediate effect, however I guess that is never going to happen as TL have never seemed remotely concerned about lack of parity. Time will tell, if I end up getting my amber dragon in the end although I will be really fed up if I don't cos I must play this game about 20 times a day (Hopelessly addicted you see) and feel rightly or wrongly that I should be able to complete challenges if I put the hours in.

Good luck with your collecting and maybe I will strike lucky and they will have a double reward event. :)

belbar22
03-31-14, 03:08 PM
After few days with hardcore evolutions( only 24 + hrs) im a proud owner of 70 pieces. Umm, im sorry cuz ive opened the discussion about evolution time. I couldnt know that will irritate some1. This wasnt my intention. And those were the rules when i started to play. So good luck to all on getting needed pieces!Btw bel, ure a great lady:)

You are too kind lemonade. Congrats on your pieces. As of now I have 69 pieces and no bombs left although I will have 4 more bombs tomorrow. I am now working on my Venetian masks and levelling up thunderbird from 9-10 to get my next lot.

freshfunin2008
03-31-14, 03:27 PM
So is this 7th farm thing really a "beta"????? I mean 1 farm, 2 farm, 3 farm, 6 farm, I want my 7th, 8th, and 9th farms. Does it really need to be tested for weeks??

LemonadeMouth173
03-31-14, 03:57 PM
You are too kind lemonade. Congrats on your pieces. As of now I have 69 pieces and no bombs left although I will have 4 more bombs tomorrow. I am now working on my Venetian masks and levelling up thunderbird from 9-10 to get my next lot.

Thank you! Looks like we have same number of pieces. And ill get tomorrow few bombs also:) .

akanksha2001
04-01-14, 01:15 AM
Hey, I have around 96 amber pieces now. When I saw limited time on the platinum, I saved up my bombs for 4 days. Combined with the saved bombs and the ones I got by evolving my diamond, crusader, quetzal, cleopatra and other long evolution times dragons, I managed to collect 96 pieces. Will I make it to the amber at this rate? Hope I do. I'm trying hard and haven't sped a single evolution yet.......

AnnirasSweets
04-01-14, 05:09 AM
I'm so happy that they've added another dragon to mining. I enjoy the little mini-game of mining and wasn't happy that I had no reason to continue once I had the Platinum. Fingers crossed that TL will implement a new dragon each month. I know it's a dream but I think it'd be great if they would add discontinued dragons to the mining rotation. My other high hope for mining/crafting is that TL issues a dragon that will use up all the extra pieces we're left with after crafting a dragon. Like a Mishmash dragon made from 10 pieces of platinum, 10 immortal masks, and so on. A girl can dream, right?

Sparkly888
04-01-14, 06:53 AM
I'm deliberately keeping about 15 bombs in my inventory hoping that they will have another double mining weekend like they had for platinum.

dangerb0y
04-01-14, 08:43 AM
I'm deliberately keeping about 15 bombs in my inventory hoping that they will have another double mining weekend like they had for platinum.

You're not the only one :)
I am at 82 and keep 20 to 24 bombs hoping for the same thing.

freshfunin2008
04-01-14, 08:53 AM

that would be nice. Maybe I could win another diamond dragon or a hybrid.

Silverisimo
04-01-14, 09:28 AM
Anyone that finished knows what Amber is tradeable for? If it's a big black gem, I might push myself for a second.

GooglyMoogly22
04-01-14, 10:28 AM
I also am wondering what this thing should trade for. If it's a black, yellow and red dragon and it's super rare, then you should get one big gem of all 3? That means if I can get 5 amber dragons, then I can keep one, trade 4 then craft a tigers eye and a jade dragon??? Whoooohooooo!

buttabdullah99
04-01-14, 11:35 AM
I also am wondering what this thing should trade for. If it's a black, yellow and red dragon and it's super rare, then you should get one big gem of all 3? That means if I can get 5 amber dragons, then I can keep one, trade 4 then craft a tigers eye and a jade dragon??? Whoooohooooo!
I think it will trade for 1 black oynx 1 small red and 1 small yellow not sure :?

LemonadeMouth173
04-01-14, 02:30 PM

Superares give large gems. If u want so desperate large black gems breed a virgo with diamond/ leo. It gives u a large black gem.

freshfunin2008
04-01-14, 02:32 PM
It has only been available for 7 days and I have 89 pieces so as long as you run the temple 24/7 I think collecting 400 pieces is possible. It depends if you get 1, 2, or 3 with each bomb. I know if varies.

GooglyMoogly22
04-01-14, 04:57 PM
Superares give large gems. If u want so desperate large black gems breed a virgo with diamond/ leo. It gives u a large black gem.

You get a gem from breeding? I'll never get a diamond dragon anyway so I guess the point is moot.

akanksha2001
04-02-14, 04:11 AM
You get a gem from breeding? I'll never get a diamond dragon anyway so I guess the point is moot.

You don't get a gem from breeding. I think what LemonadeMouth tried to say was that breeding diamond/Leo can give you a Virgo, which in turn can be traded for a large black gem. Hope I got that right!
And I'm on 99 Amber Pieces now. I'm gonna get some more in a few hours when sphinx is done evolving! And I haven't sped any evolution yet!

LemonadeMouth173
04-02-14, 09:45 AM
You don't get a gem from breeding. I think what LemonadeMouth tried to say was that breeding diamond/Leo can give you a Virgo, which in turn can be traded for a large black gem. Hope I got that right!
And I'm on 99 Amber Pieces now. I'm gonna get some more in a few hours when sphinx is done evolving! And I haven't sped any evolution yet!

Congrats on ur pieces and yes, i wasnt very clear. I got 2 Virgo in one day with Diamond/ Leo and because they r superares they give large black gems. I can craft my Onyx now:)

cquinn32
04-02-14, 10:25 AM
Ouch! 36hrs to hatch

LemonadeMouth173
04-02-14, 11:32 AM
Ouch! 36hrs to hatch

Yay! Congrats! Only 90 pieces here:)

cquinn32
04-02-14, 12:09 PM
Yay! Congrats! Only 90 pieces here:)

Thanks!! And I know you'll get yours!!

SenseiNJ
04-02-14, 06:04 PM

23 more bombs and now I'm at 146 pieces. Slow and steady wins the race. Looking forward to getting this dragon soon.

Also, I've noticed something about the evolution temple. It gives 1 bomb per 4 hours. I evolved a bunch of poison dragons (each at 21 hours), so each would give 5 bombs, plus there would be an extra hour. So when I evolved 4 poison dragons in a row the amount of bombs were as follows: 5, 5, 5 and 6. So it seems the extra hours are tallied and I was given the bombs accordingly. 84 hours in total and 21 bombs received (so I still got 4 per hour).
Not sure if anyone else had spotted it before, but it was worth stating.

GooglyMoogly22
04-02-14, 07:28 PM
23 more bombs and now I'm at 146 pieces. Slow and steady wins the race. Looking forward to getting this dragon soon.

Also, I've noticed something about the evolution temple. It gives 1 bomb per 4 hours. I evolved a bunch of poison dragons (each at 21 hours), so each would give 5 bombs, plus there would be an extra hour. So when I evolved 4 poison dragons in a row the amount of bombs were as follows: 5, 5, 5 and 6. So it seems the extra hours are tallied and I was given the bombs accordingly. 84 hours in total and 21 bombs received (so I still got 4 per hour).
Not sure if anyone else had spotted it before, but it was worth stating.

This explains why some people are getting a bomb by evolving an air dragon then.

sfallday
04-02-14, 09:15 PM
Waiting for infinity to evolve then I should have 10 bombs, I'm a little over halfway I think

buttabdullah99
04-03-14, 01:35 AM
I am on halfway having 95 pieces and 5 bombs which I am collecting hoping for event in which we can get double things :);)

kawish
04-03-14, 01:40 AM
On half way aswell having 102 pieces.

akanksha2001
04-03-14, 01:58 AM
This explains why some people are getting a bomb by evolving an air dragon then.

Air dragons do give bombs after evolution but I don't think it's because of the bombs being carried over. The evolution time for air dragons is 4 hours, I think, different from the incubation time i.e. 2 hrs. Since the game gives a bombs for every 4 hrs, naturally, an air dragon would give bombs. I might be wrong about this, though, and my air is at epic so I've no way of checking this out. If any one has evolved an air dragon, can you please confirm the evolution time?

buttabdullah99
04-03-14, 02:53 AM
Air dragons do give bombs after evolution but I don't think it's because of the bombs being carried over. The evolution time for air dragons is 4 hours, I think, different from the incubation time i.e. 2 hrs. Since the game gives a bombs for every 4 hrs, naturally, an air dragon would give bombs. I might be wrong about this, though, and my air is at epic so I've no way of checking this out. If any one has evolved an air dragon, can you please confirm the evolution time?

Evolution time of air is 3 hrs not 4 :)

kawish
04-03-14, 03:06 AM
Waiting for my Crusudar to evolve. :)

akanksha2001
04-03-14, 05:26 AM
Evolution time of air is 3 hrs not 4 :)

I checked this on the forums, and there is a thread about it. Air dragon has 4 hours evolution time! Also, some dragon story sites on the net show evolution as 4 hours. Here is the link to the thread on the forums:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?43711-Air-dragon-evolving&highlight=dragon+evolving

GooglyMoogly22
04-03-14, 05:41 AM
Well, I evolved my air dragon, which took 3 hours, because I read here that they give a bomb. I didn't get no bomb. I do recall at one point though, I got a bomb for evolving a life dragon (3 hours). I'm pretty sure there is an invisible bomb containment facility in the background of the game that stores bombs.

akanksha2001
04-03-14, 05:54 AM
Well, I evolved my air dragon, which took 3 hours, because I read here that they give a bomb. I didn't get no bomb. I do recall at one point though, I got a bomb for evolving a life dragon (3 hours). I'm pretty sure there is an invisible bomb containment facility in the background of the game that stores bombs.

Guess you're right. Though different evolution times for players seems weird..... And I've never got a bomb from a life!

belbar22
04-03-14, 06:10 AM
Still only on 69:(, although i have 15 bombs waiting to use and a spider evolving which will give me 6 more. Desperately hoping we will get a double reward event so trying to build my bombs up. Feeling a bit despondent as no prospect of evolving any more dragons for the next 3 days, whilst i build up more food to evolve from 8 - 10

buttabdullah99
04-03-14, 07:07 AM
I checked this on the forums, and there is a thread about it. Air dragon has 4 hours evolution time! Also, some dragon story sites on the net show evolution as 4 hours. Here is the link to the thread on the forums:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?43711-Air-dragon-evolving&highlight=dragon+evolving
But mine took 3 hrs for evolution :p

metsfreek
04-03-14, 05:16 PM
Do we know if there will be a 2x weekend?

eshuman17
04-03-14, 06:26 PM
Do we know if there will be a 2x weekend?

I'm curious too. I have been keeping my bombs and dynamite just under 25 in case there is a 2x mining weekend.

chalupa2030
04-04-14, 03:54 PM
Ok experts! I have 79 out of 200.... Think I will make it?

akanksha2001
04-04-14, 11:18 PM
Ok experts! I have 79 out of 200.... Think I will make it?

If you evolve round the clock, don't speed evolution and get atleast one piece per visit, then you might just make it! Good luck!!!

chalupa2030
04-05-14, 12:01 AM
Thank you!

nancydrew88
04-05-14, 02:54 AM
I missed the previous dragon... I think 200 is too much for me. I usually get dragons when only 99 parts are needed. Guess I'll just be mining for expansion.

akanksha2001
04-06-14, 04:00 AM
I have 141 amber pieces now and yet a whole lot of dragons waiting to be evolved. Guess I'll get the amber soon! And perhaps a second one if I'm lucky mining!!! Good luck everyone! :)

SenseiNJ
04-06-14, 11:36 AM

I gathered 19 more bombs and managed to reach 183 pieces (A little disappointed with the results, my luck may be decreasing). However, I have a sunrise dragon which should finish evolving in the morning, then I'll put a water dragon afterwards, so hopefully the 9 bombs I get tomorrow will take me to 200 pieces. Then I can start working torwards a second amber dragon.

SeaJelly77
04-06-14, 01:12 PM
We can get bombs out of waters? I didn't know that??

belbar22
04-06-14, 01:58 PM
110 on 1 account and 101 on the other but desperately trying to feed up dragons to evolve.

MakJulos
04-06-14, 02:06 PM
Evolving Four Leaf 5 hours gave 2 bombs which is nice, at 139 pieces atm, and have just now dragons waiting for a total of 348 hours evolving - i'll be ok as long as i babysit game a bit.

midnightmeerkat
04-06-14, 03:58 PM
Evolving Four Leaf 5 hours gave 2 bombs which is nice, at 139 pieces atm, and have just now dragons waiting for a total of 348 hours evolving - i'll be ok as long as i babysit game a bit.
I evolved a parakeet and only got 1

jaybay1147
04-07-14, 04:12 PM
I'm actually doing a pretty good job on this.

Have 2/3 of the Ambers.

jaybay1147
04-07-14, 04:17 PM
135 more to go.

jaybay1147
04-07-14, 04:18 PM
I have 135***** E_E

SenseiNJ
04-07-14, 04:29 PM
I gathered 19 more bombs and managed to reach 183 pieces (A little disappointed with the results, my luck may be decreasing). However, I have a sunrise dragon which should finish evolving in the morning, then I'll put a water dragon afterwards, so hopefully the 9 bombs I get tomorrow will take me to 200 pieces. Then I can start working torwards a second amber dragon.

Just finished mining and reached 201 pieces! Crafting the dragon now. No speed evolution, and with no evolution from level 3-4. Aiming towards a second dragon now!

LemonadeMouth173
04-08-14, 03:24 AM
Just finished mining and reached 201 pieces! Crafting the dragon now. No speed evolution, and with no evolution from level 3-4. Aiming towards a second dragon now!

Congrats! But why r u complaining? Looks like u get at least 2 pieces/ bomb which is not so easy . I find only 1 piece often. 9 bombs brought me only 12 pieces. And i dont think theres a pattern which can be use . Its more about luck.

Anyuszko
04-08-14, 07:45 AM
I will start craft it today too, soon Illl get 6 bombs and only about 10 pieces to go. I get 2 pieces of ambers from one bomb usually.

mermaidzen
04-08-14, 03:44 PM
Got my amber crafting now but can't remember what habitts it needs and as a lot of mine are full and can take a while to build a habitt thought might me a good idea to sort it now instead of leaving it sitting on the nest for ages.

SenseiNJ
04-08-14, 06:12 PM
Congrats! But why r u complaining? Looks like u get at least 2 pieces/ bomb which is not so easy . I find only 1 piece often. 9 bombs brought me only 12 pieces. And i dont think theres a pattern which can be use . Its more about luck.

Thanks! I was just a bit cranky about that mining session. Like you said, I do get 2 bombs on average, but that day I got mostly 1's and 3's, and the 1's kinda vexed me (impatient, I know, lol). I'm pretty good at mining, and was just diassapointed that I had to wait another day to get bombs and continue. Anyways, all that mining paid off. Tomorrow my amber dragon will be ready for incubation.
Good luck getting your amber dragon too, keep up your efforts!

mashiki
04-08-14, 10:28 PM
I always have a lot of lvl 3 common dragons waiting to evolve for trading, so it's pretty easy to get bombs. I'm with 147 pieces now, usually have 1 or 2 pieces from 1 bomb

akanksha2001
04-09-14, 02:27 AM
I have 162 amber pieces now and a few bombs will arrive in a few hours.... Guess I might try for a second amber too!!! :p Now only if I can convince myself there's no way I can get that Venetian!!!! That's the one I want badly...... And obviously amber too.....

LemonadeMouth173
04-09-14, 03:21 AM
Thanks! I was just a bit cranky about that mining session. Like you said, I do get 2 bombs on average, but that day I got mostly 1's and 3's, and the 1's kinda vexed me (impatient, I know, lol). I'm pretty good at mining, and was just diassapointed that I had to wait another day to get bombs and continue. Anyways, all that mining paid off. Tomorrow my amber dragon will be ready for incubation.
Good luck getting your amber dragon too, keep up your efforts!

Thank you! I have 150 so i should do it in one week. I even craft an Onyx to get more bombs, lol. I rlly like Amber.The egg looks great, too bad we dont have an album with all eggs from the dragons we have. Some of them r really art pieces.

LemonadeMouth173
04-09-14, 03:23 AM
Got my amber crafting now but can't remember what habitts it needs and as a lot of mine are full and can take a while to build a habitt thought might me a good idea to sort it now instead of leaving it sitting on the nest for ages.

Red, yellow or black hab. Congrats on ur new baby!

belbar22
04-09-14, 05:07 AM
I am still a long way off. Started hatching waters to get more bombs. Shortage of new dragons and loads of dragons needing to be evolved from 7 - 10.

midnightmeerkat
04-09-14, 03:03 PM
I am crafting Amber on my 1st account and very close on my 2nd.

I should be able to get 2 on each by the time it expires (or very close) .... does any one know what you get for trading it in? I'm hoping for a large black gem

LemonadeMouth173
04-09-14, 03:11 PM
I am crafting Amber on my 1st account and very close on my 2nd.

I should be able to get 2 on each by the time it expires (or very close) .... does any one know what you get for trading it in? I'm hoping for a large black gem

Its super rare so it will give u a large black. Good luck on 2 nd one!

Sumercarefree
04-10-14, 12:50 AM
Wow I am still struggling with my first one.
What a horrible way to win ! I am running out of time !
Those later batches find it easier as they can evolve the same dragon 3 times. first is after lvl 3 I think.
I can only evolve when I want to go to lvl 7.

buttabdullah99
04-10-14, 01:56 AM
Those later batches find it easier as they can evolve the same dragon 3 times. first is after lvl 3 I think.
U know the players who started playing DS in 2012 they can evolve dragons at lvl 3 (LIKE ME) and the players who had been playing this game before 2012 they can only evolve dragons at lvl 6 :(:(:(

belbar22
04-10-14, 02:29 AM

I'm with you summer. I have started buying waters and evolving to level 7 as that is the least waste of apples. I only have 130 eggs on one account and 136 on the other. There is no way, I can evolve any of my dragons to level 10 as the food costs are just way too high (Not helped by wasting apples on waters and not having a 7th farm). Really fed up about the short time limit on this and sincerely hope it is not going to be like this each time a new mining dragon becomes available.

AJImmer
04-10-14, 02:22 PM
Anyone that finished knows what Amber is tradeable for? If it's a big black gem, I might push myself for a second.

I traded an Amber this morning and receive a large Onyx (Black), large Topaz (Yellow) and a small Ruby (Red).

Sumercarefree
04-10-14, 07:17 PM
I'm with you summer. I have started buying waters and evolving to level 7 as that is the least waste of apples. I only have 130 eggs on one account and 136 on the other. There is no way, I can evolve any of my dragons to level 10 as the food costs are just way too high (Not helped by wasting apples on waters and not having a 7th farm). Really fed up about the short time limit on this and sincerely hope it is not going to be like this each time a new mining dragon becomes available.

Yes thanks that is a good idea. A lot of the New Dragons have huge appetites ha ha.
Some dragons take more than a day to evolve and I hardly get the benefit.

Sumercarefree
04-10-14, 07:19 PM
U know the players who started playing DS in 2012 they can evolve dragons at lvl 3 (LIKE ME) and the players who had been playing this game before 2012 they can only evolve dragons at lvl 6 :(:(:(

Yes Abdullah you are right.
I dont mind evolving but not enough food too.
I have a few hungry babies. If I evolve a Parakeet that takes 5 hrs, I get only 1 bomb.

chalupa2030
04-10-14, 07:47 PM

I can evolve at lvl 3 and 6 and I have been playing six months. Am I missing something?

cdbabe
04-10-14, 08:02 PM

For me i evolved my dragons which has a longer hours in my evolution temple which means i can get more bomb to use in mining. i think the maximum is 10 bomb. and sometimes i speed up the evolution temple..

i was hoping to get 2 amber dragon my target was to get 1 in 15 days because Amber is here for 30 days..

so far i got 189 eggs. I want 2 amber dragons because i want to trade it for 1 black gem so i can craft my tiger's eye dragon..im behind 1 day now with my schedule..

im hoping il get another one before its end.

Silverisimo
04-10-14, 08:54 PM
I traded an Amber this morning and receive a large Onyx (Black), large Topaz (Yellow) and a small Ruby (Red).

That's great news. Everyone was doing their guesswork but I was waiting on someone who really knew, thank you for that. I'm close to finishing my first, not sure if there's time for a second but I'm definitely going to give it a go. Ty :)

midnightmeerkat
04-10-14, 09:53 PM
Thanks for confirming this... I guessed that but wanted to know for sure.

That's great news. Everyone was doing their guesswork but I was waiting on someone who really knew, thank you for that. I'm close to finishing my first, not sure if there's time for a second but I'm definitely going to give it a go. Ty :)

I'm crafting my first amber on my 2nd account now... I want to get enough to craft another on this account as I need 1 more large gem for the onyx. I already have tigers eye and jade on this account and all of them on my 1st account.

midnightmeerkat
04-10-14, 11:03 PM
I can evolve at lvl 3 and 6 and I have been playing six months. Am I missing something?

When DS first came out they only evolved at lvl 6 and lvl 9.... That was changed sometime in 2012 to evolving at lvl 3, 6 and 9 for new players but the original players still only need to evolve at lvl 6 and 9

MakJulos
04-11-14, 02:00 AM
I've never let Bombs stack up in storage, how large pile of them can you save up without using them? I'm at 192 Amber pieces now and wouldn't mind getting a 2nd one also, for trading. But, i'd hate if i didn't make it and would end up with loads of leftover Amber parts... So i wonder how many bombs i can save up before i actually use them in mine, maybe i can let bombs pile up and see if it's possible getting a 2nd Amber... Otherwise the bombs might give a nice headstart for future mining dragons, hmm...

buttabdullah99
04-11-14, 02:49 AM
I am having 150 pieces with 10 extra bombs it seems I can make it :):):)

chalupa2030
04-11-14, 02:55 AM
When DS first came out they only evolved at lvl 6 and lvl 9.... That was changed sometime in 2012 to evolving at lvl 3, 6 and 9 for new players but the original players still only need to evolve at lvl 6 and 9

Oh! Got it.

I think.:)

maj1977
04-11-14, 09:20 AM
I've never let Bombs stack up in storage, how large pile of them can you save up without using them? I'm at 192 Amber pieces now and wouldn't mind getting a 2nd one also, for trading. But, i'd hate if i didn't make it and would end up with loads of leftover Amber parts... So i wonder how many bombs i can save up before i actually use them in mine, maybe i can let bombs pile up and see if it's possible getting a 2nd Amber... Otherwise the bombs might give a nice headstart for future mining dragons, hmm...
You can store up to 25 bombs.

MakJulos
04-11-14, 09:26 AM
You can store up to 25 bombs.

Thank you! Hmm that wasn't so many...oh well...

MakJulos
04-11-14, 11:09 PM
More or less (well a bit past it i guess) halfway into mining event and i set Amber crafting last night - now to make decision if to risk ending up with 199 useless Amber parts in storage when it's over, or if i can make it all the way creating a 2nd one for trading....

Considering how poorly balanced the event is depending on how many times players can evolve dragons on their new/old accounts it ought to be likely that they for fairness prolong the event, but...ah well, decisions decisions.....:rolleyes:

finnth12
04-13-14, 11:30 AM
I'm crafting Amber now;) and I also only evolve dragon on lvl 6 and 9.

On the other hand, my other acct that is evolved dragons at lvl 3,6, and 9 still need about 30 pieces more. Oh well, still 12 days left.

So IMO on what lvl you are evolving it don't matter as long as you have food to feed your dragon. No need to evolve until epic if it takes too much food, just feed them on lvl 3 and 6 if you're on 3 steps evolving group. And feed them on lvl 6 if you're on 2 steps evolving group.

buttabdullah99
04-13-14, 08:32 PM
Now I am having 170 pieces with 10 extra bombs I am so happy I am very close to get it

hugpete
04-13-14, 09:32 PM
So IMO on what lvl you are evolving it don't matter as long as you have food to feed your dragon. No need to evolve until epic if it takes too much food, just feed them on lvl 3 and 6 if you're on 3 steps evolving group. And feed them on lvl 6 if you're on 2 steps evolving group.

The problem is that food is expensive! :]

I'm up to 194 amber pieces, so I should begin crafting tomorrow after mining one more time. I do evolve from 3 to 4, but also plan my evolutions 'round the clock. Getting so many breeding fails that there's always someone to evolve and trade away.

midnightmeerkat
04-13-14, 10:29 PM
The problem is that food is expensive! :]

I'm up to 194 amber pieces, so I should begin crafting tomorrow after mining one more time. I do evolve from 3 to 4, but also plan my evolutions 'round the clock. Getting so many breeding fails that there's always someone to evolve and trade away.

I found that at lower levels it is good to have as many habitats as possible and higher earning dragons to get income coming in ...once you stock pile coins food costs are not a problem

akanksha2001
04-13-14, 11:37 PM
Being crafted!!! :) I'm not trying for a second one, won't make it in time. Saving my bombs for the next mining dragon! Are we gonna get new dragons every month? I've run out of dragons to evolve.........

hugpete
04-14-14, 10:02 AM
I found that at lower levels it is good to have as many habitats as possible and higher earning dragons to get income coming in ...once you stock pile coins food costs are not a problem

Yeah, but even that's hard on costs, at least for me. I seem to always get the 800,000 coin bitterbarks or 990,000 coin moldy boulders when expanding. Alas.

Amber is cooking!

buttabdullah99
04-14-14, 12:42 PM
Yay!!! Only 19 more to get mine ;););)

dala12
04-14-14, 01:19 PM
I did not think about that! I only can evolve at 7 and 9, so it is hard for me to get bombs. I save them indeed for a later dragon. I just needed 7 bombs for the last one..the time was to short for me. Now I got a new plan, now we must hope that TL gives us a new dragon to find/craft.

freshfunin2008
04-14-14, 01:23 PM
Well I crafted one Amber but unless there is a double your reward week or triple there is no way I can get two of these in 31 days.

shield14
04-14-14, 01:32 PM
Well I crafted one Amber but unless there is a double your reward week or triple there is no way I can get two of these in 31 days.

If there is no "double your reward" weekend I won't be able to get even 1 Amber dragon :confused::(

freshfunin2008
04-14-14, 02:21 PM
Notice that is why I said a week. I would need a lot of Amber pieces. lol

midnightmeerkat
04-14-14, 02:53 PM
If there is no "double your reward" weekend I won't be able to get even 1 Amber dragon :confused::(

You must have your evolution temple idle a lot of the time... I keep mine going 24/7 and I still have many, many dragons at level 6 just waiting for a chance to get in.

My first amber has been though the temple once (lvl 3 to 4) he will probably never get passed level 6! and I'm working on my 2nd to trade for a large gem.

Sparkly888
04-14-14, 03:14 PM
I think I would like it better if I could choose which metals I can collect in the mine and do the dragons in my own time frame.

Because for some of us 31 days isn't enough and for some it's too much for one dragon but not enough for 2.
My Amber is crafting now and I have lots of dragons that still need to be evolved. So my evolution temple will still be going non stop and I can't keep more than 25 bombs.

OR maybe we could keep an unlimited number of bombs. :-)

akanksha2001
04-15-14, 01:53 AM
My amber is done crafting! How long will it take to hatch? 36 hours like crafting time? I have only one nest so need to plan when to place it. Thanks!

dangerb0y
04-15-14, 02:02 AM
My amber is done crafting! How long will it take to hatch? 36 hours like crafting time? I have only one nest so need to plan when to place it. Thanks!

36 soul crushing hours

akanksha2001
04-15-14, 02:15 AM
36 soul crushing hours

Ugh! That's bad! :( No breeding for that much time, I guess. Thanks anyway! :)

kawish
04-15-14, 05:50 AM
Good luck everyone.

UneCerise_ledessert
04-15-14, 01:03 PM
Is there a guide or chart for this? Somehow, I feel like I'm getting robbed :(. I evolved 23 hrs. (Many times) and I got 5 bombs only. Then I tried 5 hours of evolution... Either I get 1 (rarely) or none at all. I tried 9 hrs. of evolving, And I get 1 or 2 bombs. I got 8 bombs one time only, and I forgot w/c one it was. It's a bit vexing and frustrating :rolleyes: . Right now I have 171 total. I wonder if I'll be able to make it! So, I'm curious to those who finished this game and the ones who's going for the 2nd Amber. How did you guys do it?! :)

ciarjen
04-15-14, 01:24 PM
Is there a guide or chart for this? Somehow, I feel like I'm getting robbed :(. I evolved 23 hrs. (Many times) and I got 5 bombs only. Then I tried 5 hours of evolution... Either I get 1 (rarely) or none at all. I tried 9 hrs. of evolving, And I get 1 or 2 bombs. I got 8 bombs one time only, and I forgot w/c one it was. It's a bit vexing and frustrating :rolleyes: . Right now I have 171 total. I wonder if I'll be able to make it! So, I'm curious to those who finished this game and the ones who's going for the 2nd Amber. How did you guys do it?! :)

There is one bomb for every 4 hours of evolution but there is a maximum of 25 bombs allowed in storage, so if you have 22 bombs you will only get 3 more bombs when you evolve, regardless of how long the dragon has been in for evolution.

UneCerise_ledessert
04-15-14, 02:21 PM
There is one bomb for every 4 hours of evolution but there is a maximum of 25 bombs allowed in storage, so if you have 22 bombs you will only get 3 more bombs when you evolve, regardless of how long the dragon has been in for evolution.
I see. So it's just abt. right. Except TL is neglecting to give me my 1 bomb for every 5hrs. Of evolution! Well, let me clarify that... Sometimes I don't, sometimes I do get my 1 bomb. (sigh)... However I know abt. 25 max or limit for the bomb. That's not the issue but thanks for your info. It helped a lot. :o

buttabdullah99
04-16-14, 04:00 AM
Yay!!!! I just craft my Amber dragon I am so happy YAHOOOOO!!!! :););););)

chalupa2030
04-16-14, 05:51 AM
Congrats! Is the baby cute? I have 38 more!

kooky panda
04-16-14, 07:37 AM
I have 9 more to go!!

buttabdullah99
04-16-14, 07:52 AM
I have 9 more to go!!
Congrats kooky panda can I ask u one Q why game is crashing sooooo much don't know about others but mine is really crushing so much after 5 mins again and again crashing :(:(:( I just can't send forest on quest and can't visit my neighbours :(:( is there any reason :( plz help me

metsfreek
04-16-14, 08:17 AM
I'm still a good amount away, but I think I can make it

igames4me
04-16-14, 08:51 AM
Tl can you have a double weekend?

belbar22
04-16-14, 02:24 PM
Wow, I have just started crafting amber on my main account and should be able to craft it on my other account in a couple of days. I never thought I would make it. I have had to hatch about 10 water dragons though so I can evolve them and I only have 4 dragons at level 9 with the rest at level 7. I am going to start saving bombs for the next one so I can be ahead of the game when the next dragon is launched.

007swagger
04-16-14, 03:50 PM
I'm new to the forum, and wondering, I've read the settings, etc. Why do I not have bombs or ambers. I noticed other players have the dragon on the side of the rocks with a cave open, but I'm not getting that on my game, Am I doing something wrong?

AJImmer
04-16-14, 04:06 PM
I'm new to the forum, and wondering, I've read the settings, etc. Why do I not have bombs or ambers. I noticed other players have the dragon on the side of the rocks with a cave open, but I'm not getting that on my game, Am I doing something wrong?

You didn't mention what level you're at... one part of the mine becomes available at Level 45 and the other part at Level 80.

kooky panda
04-16-14, 04:12 PM

The mining feature is only offered to IOS (apple) devices.

chalupa2030
04-16-14, 06:53 PM
Congrats kooky panda can I ask u one Q why game is crashing sooooo much don't know about others but mine is really crushing so much after 5 mins again and again crashing :(:(:( I just can't send forest on quest and can't visit my neighbours :(:( is there any reason :( plz help me

Do you have a strong internet connection?

buttabdullah99
04-17-14, 02:55 AM
Do you have a strong internet connection?
Hi chalupa thanks for replying but now it's working good ;)

shield14
04-17-14, 03:02 AM
Hi chalupa thanks for replying but now it's working good ;)

I had the same problem. I think it was DU problem, coz I was restarting my router every time I need an internet connection. But today it's fine.

shield14
04-17-14, 03:16 AM

You must have your evolution temple idle a lot of the time... I keep mine going 24/7 and I still have many, many dragons at level 6 just waiting for a chance to get in.

My first amber has been though the temple once (lvl 3 to 4) he will probably never get passed level 6! and I'm working on my 2nd to trade for a large gem.

My evolution temple is like a busy bee, never stops. Sometimes I speed it up and still I have lots of babies lvl 3 and lvl 6 to evolve.
The reason why I am so far behind is that I reached lvl 45 when there were 18 days left.
So today is 9 days left and in 9 hours I will have Dawntree out of the temple then the Crusader goes in.
I have 75 Amber pieces at the moment
Without the "double your reward" I wouldn't be able to make it.

SenseiNJ
04-17-14, 09:04 AM
At my current pace, assuming I get an average of 2 pieces per bomb, I should be able to get 200 pieces by the last day, so I can craft a second amber dragon. If there's a double weekend, I'll definitely get it before it's gone.

kooky panda
04-17-14, 10:37 AM
Yeah!!! Mine is now crafting.

midnightmeerkat
04-17-14, 01:09 PM
My evolution temple is like a busy bee, never stops. Sometimes I speed it up and still I have lots of babies lvl 3 and lvl 6 to evolve.
The reason why I am so far behind is that I reached lvl 45 when there were 18 days left.
So today is 9 days left and in 9 hours I will have Dawntree out of the temple then the Crusader goes in.
I have 75 Amber pieces at the moment
Without the "double your reward" I wouldn't be able to make it.

I have 75 with 6 bombs still to use - I started on my 2nd one with about 14 days to go I think. I'm not speeding up the temple yet but will do that or buy some bombs at the end to get it. It's going to be tight to get this 2nd one!

shield14
04-17-14, 01:48 PM
I have 75 with 6 bombs still to use - I started on my 2nd one with about 14 days to go I think. I'm not speeding up the temple yet but will do that or buy some bombs at the end to get it. It's going to be tight to get this 2nd one!

If you noticed each bomb costs you 8 gold if you buy it at the mine.
In this case it would be better to speed up, 1 bomb will cost you 4 gold
or purchase the balance of Amber pieces, each piece costs 4 gold.

That is why the "double your reward weekend" is highly anticipated...

kooky panda
04-18-14, 03:26 PM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/6b70efc8-0db1-4dbf-b19b-f961f3faeed6_zps06793bd4.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/6b70efc8-0db1-4dbf-b19b-f961f3faeed6_zps06793bd4.png.html)

justforfarmm
04-18-14, 09:40 PM
I've been like 15 days mining and i got mine, does anyone know if there's a bomb limit?i don't want to go for more amber so i wanted to store them for the next dragon

akanksha2001
04-18-14, 09:42 PM
I've been like 15 days mining and i got mine, does anyone know if there's a bomb limit?i don't want to go for more amber so i wanted to store them for the next dragon

Maximum bombs that can be stored are 25.....
I evolved many dragons before I realised I had hit the limit!!!

justforfarmm
04-18-14, 09:55 PM

Thanks, it's nice to know, in 7 days i'm going to get easily more than 25 so i guess i'll have to use them anyway :(

midnightmeerkat
04-18-14, 11:47 PM
If you noticed each bomb costs you 8 gold if you buy it at the mine.
In this case it would be better to speed up, 1 bomb will cost you 4 gold
or purchase the balance of Amber pieces, each piece costs 4 gold.

That is why the "double your reward weekend" is highly anticipated...

Yes I did notice individual bombs cost 8 each... I wouldn't do it that way. You can buy 10 bombs for 40 gold which is the same as speeding.

And yes I was looking forward to a "double weekend" but ...alas! It didn't happen :(

shield14
04-19-14, 01:15 AM
And yes I was looking forward to a "double weekend" but ...alas! It didn't happen :(

Unfortunately, it didn't happen:(
It is either because our prayers didn't reach the ears of TL, or they reach the ears but not hearts, or our prayers were not strong enough to melt the hearts of TL....:)

chalupa2030
04-19-14, 02:05 AM

I've done that!

asyran2012
04-19-14, 03:20 AM
TL! Please make a double mining! I'm struggling to get this dragon and so does Venetian last week! :/
Pretty please? Or extend the timer?. Only 7 Days left :(
Currently having 155 Ambers...

metsfreek
04-19-14, 07:22 AM
197 now. Gonna need to fill up on bombs after. If I didn't have the 25+ to start, I'd be struggling!

shield14
04-19-14, 09:14 AM
Unfortunately, it didn't happen:(
It is either because our prayers didn't reach the ears of TL, or they reach the ears but not hearts, or our prayers were not strong enough to melt the hearts of TL....:)

I'm at 101 atm, with 7 days to go...:(
My chances of getting this dragon are melting down not the hearts of TL:(

SenseiNJ
04-19-14, 08:00 PM
I've got 100 amber pieces right now, with 15 bombs (and 8 more on the way when my virtue dragon finishes evolution tomorrow). If I keep up this rate I should be able to craft a second amber dragon in time.

shield14
04-20-14, 01:09 AM
I've got 100 amber pieces right now, with 15 bombs (and 8 more on the way when my virtue dragon finishes evolution tomorrow). If I keep up this rate I should be able to craft a second amber dragon in time.

I'm not an experienced miner and very often I return empty handed from the mine.
Oh well, it's just another dragon passing by :(

chalupa2030
04-20-14, 02:25 AM
20 more to go!

akanksha2001
04-20-14, 03:16 AM
20 more to go!

You will make it soon then! Good mining!!!!:)

chalupa2030
04-20-14, 06:19 AM
Thank You!

chalupa2030
04-20-14, 04:56 PM
2 more!

SenseiNJ
04-20-14, 06:03 PM

I just used the 23 bombs and got 51 more pieces! What a lucky mining session! 49 pieces remaining. At an average of 2 pieces per bomb, I need at least 25 bombs, which is 100 hours of evolution time. I have a little over 4 days remaining, roughly 100 hours, so I should still be able to make it.

LemonadeMouth173
04-20-14, 06:31 PM
Last 10-14 bombs only 1 piece/ bomb , no matter how or where i clicked. Im very close but if i get only 1/1 ...Pff, no way to do this again coz im out of dragons anyway. I dont like the system, the time and the whole idea. Arena is 99/ month and this 200/month and we cant evolve at 4 , plus we cant breed so fast new dragons. Is not funny at all and harder than arena. No more dragons to evolve and 7-10 ask a huge amount of food. Not to mention not even a 2x event...

tristatechic_2004
04-22-14, 02:05 PM
Where is mine located having trouble finding

kooky panda
04-22-14, 02:51 PM
Where is mine located having trouble finding
The mine is only offered to IOS(apple) devices.

The mine unlocks at level 45.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63066-Dragon-Story-Mining-4-1-Update-Expansion-side-opened!&p=809092&viewfull=1#post809092

[ http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/9b8da6c7-8356-4dae-ac26-b27a29d993a7_zps96172ca5.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/9b8da6c7-8356-4dae-ac26-b27a29d993a7_zps96172ca5.jpg.html)

shield14
04-23-14, 06:05 AM
I'm at 101 atm, with 7 days to go...:(
My chances of getting this dragon are melting down not the hearts of TL:(

I am still waiting for a miracle that TL will give us the last 48 hours a "double reward" at least :(

chalupa2030
04-23-14, 06:57 AM
36 hours to hatch! I still have 20 more! It ends Friday ~ barely made it!

Good luck to all still trying!

shield14
04-23-14, 08:10 AM
I am at 172 pieces and 5 bombs left...:(:(:(
I think that once you put Amber pieces into the Spell shop and crafting process starts you don't need to worry that TL removes it in 1 minute so to say.
BTW, Amber Dragon is 36 hours to craft, hatch and evolve.

Kooky, please correct me if I'm wrong

chalupa2030
04-23-14, 08:13 AM
I think you are right! Cute egg too:)

LemonadeMouth173
04-23-14, 02:56 PM
Finally, ah finally is crafting right now!I will never be able to have any epics cuz of this feature:( I needed to feed a lot of Leo fails to get more bombs. And ( as i said) i usually get only 1 piece/ bomb. So for me 10 bombs mean 10 pieces not 20-30 pieces like others get.Im so sorry for those who couldnt make it. Its a continue struggle not a funny thing. Dragons demand a lot of food and if we keep feeding our fails to lvl 7...No more epics or... no new mining dragon:( Debating right now if this worth this hard work and all that food.

igames4me
04-23-14, 03:13 PM
I hope next time they give more time. Just managed on this acct to craft it. Still need 4 more on other acct which is harder since only need to elvolve at 6 and 9 in that acct.

These dragons eat too much. Most dragons are level 7

Good luck to those still trying to make it