PDA

View Full Version : can someone please explain gifting?

okaysellers
03-25-14, 10:43 AM
Hi all,

I've been playing about a month but only began using the gifting feature recently. I've read a few things here and there about gifting in Castle Story but there aren't any comprehensive resources. I have a few primary questions:

1. Do items you send as gifts come from your inventory? (e.g., if I have 5 sap and gift 1 sap to a neighbor, do i now have 4 sap in my inventory?)
2. How do items sent to me as a gift show up in my inventory? (e.g., if someone sends me an earth wisp, why doesn't it show in my inventory?)
3. If someone sends me an earth wisp and I send one back, does that mean I no longer have the earth wisp? (I guess this goes along with question number 1)

I have noticed that things show up as "Pending Gifts" until you send a gift back, so I'm guessing you have to send a gift back before your gift shows up in your inventory. I decided to do an experiment and accept some earth wisps and send some things back, but none of the earth wisps appeared in my inventory.

Thanks for any help! :)

meme1098
03-25-14, 10:57 AM
When you send a gift, it does not come from your inventory. You can send only 3 gifts per day.

When you accept a gift, it's added to your inventory unless you're at the maximum amount for that item. You can receive up to 20 gifts per day. Check your inventory to see how many of each item you have.

You don't have to return a gift to receive the one sent to you. You can send a gift to a different nbr if you want although I have a group I rotate over a 2 day period. In other words, I gift 3 nbrs one day and then I have another group of 3 the next day that I gift. Then I go back to the first group again and send them gifts.

If you use items in crafting, they will be deducted from your inventory. For example, you use 3 earth wisps to craft a wisp lantern. Those 3 wisps are then taken from your inventory.

LadyLolepere
03-25-14, 11:07 AM
It's always nice to send gifts (they do not come from your stockpile). When you start the game, it will show what your neighbors are sending you. If you pick from this list, the gift goes into your inventory and you can send that person a gift back. Generally people send out what they need in return (it just makes it easier if you have a lot of neighbors). If you don't need any of this stuff, just click out and go right to the game. You'll see a little present on the lower right of the screen, you can click on it and send a gift of what you need ��. I have a lot of neighbors doing a lot of different quests, so this is the only way I can remember what to send them. Hope this helps...now send me gifts

ghjvcucjb
03-25-14, 11:11 AM
This is in reply to your specific questions:

1. No
2. In the upper hand corner of your kingdom is a white News Feed scroll. Click on it and gifts sent to you will appear in the list. Hit ACCEPT and the gift is put into your inventory. You can accept up to 20 gifts per day but can send only 3 per day.
3. No (that would be counterintuitive and most people would not send valuable gifts if they had to lose it)

Per your paragraph, unless there is something wrong with your game, the gifts should be in your inventory. The only time that would not happen, under normal circumstances, is if you are already full on an item. As an experiment I would force close your game before accepting gifts, check your gifts pending but don't accept, check inventory on the gifts pending and note the number, then accept, go back into inventory and verify you received them.

dizzy7373
03-25-14, 12:24 PM
Just to confirm what everyone else says.
the items you gift DO NOT come from your stash.
You can only send 3 gifts per day, so even if you put a check next to all your neighbours names when you select the gift, the game will choose 3 of them and send the gift to those 3.
You have to accept the gift in order for it to be added to your inventory, the gift pop up will show when you enter your game, but if you close it or it doesn't show for some reason, then tap the scroll in the top right corner of the screen.
For the most part, people will send you the item they want back.

boxesj
03-25-14, 01:25 PM
Well I have been playing over a year and I just know today u can only send 3 gifts. Oops... No wonder every day when I send gifts out (usually to every one) it always shows the message xxx neighbours have reached their max gift limit:o.

maguar
03-25-14, 02:05 PM
Each game day reset your newsfeed will show the last 20 gifts you have received regardless of whether you have returned them or not. The list will stay until you've sent your three gifts that day. Some people use it as a way of keeping track of who they need to send gifts to.

okaysellers
03-25-14, 02:47 PM
Thanks everyone! That was very helpful. :)

roguebee
03-26-14, 05:00 AM
This raises a question I've been meaning to ask... the news feed shows my last 20 gifts. Each morning I tend to return gift the 3 oldest unaccepted gifts in the queue. Is it possible that unaccepted gifts can roll off the feed?

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-26-14, 08:13 AM
This raises a question I've been meaning to ask... the news feed shows my last 20 gifts. Each morning I tend to return gift the 3 oldest unaccepted gifts in the queue. Is it possible that unaccepted gifts can roll off the feed?

Yep, it is ...I didn't accept a gift cuz I was full...just let it sit there til I could get my supply down (didn't realize at time that nbor gifts could make max go over 99)...and it poofed after 3 days :(

ghjvcucjb
03-26-14, 11:43 AM
Here is a situation that happens to me. I use to have three regular gifters. One stopped gifting. I didn't think anything about it because hey, it happens. then one day that neighbor wrote on my wall that they had been trying to gift me for weeks but every day it says I've reached my max. I would recommend that in that case, either send another gift or let that person know on their wall so they can reduce their supply or request something else. Otherwise after a while that person will think you are no longer a gifting partner or not playing daily and will stop sending you gifts.

maguar
03-26-14, 02:42 PM
I have neighbours that max out of certain items when I try to gift. Sometimes it can take a couple of tries before I find an item they're not maxed on. I think at one stage I had someone I had to send water to as it was the only thing they weren't not maxed on.

Also note that for gifting earth wisps have been counted as "maxed" if you're 80 or over.