PDA

View Full Version : New Tournament Nova Dragon

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

sapphirecross
03-30-14, 12:05 PM
And I have lost my first tournament :(
I'm lvl 37 and don't have enough dragons to fight on the Arena. Turquoise stopped me.
My dragons are lvl 6 max and most of you are fighting using Epics or Ultra Rares. I don't have either of them.

I don't really understand why this Arena opens at lvl 35?
To add more disappointment??? We have enough of it while breeding....

Tournaments are designed so you can't finish at lower levels without spending gold, but they give you the chance to strategize, see how your team is doing, and possibly win gold if you can get to level 20.

If you check out the levels for most of my winning dragons, I only have about 6 epic dragons and everything else is lower. I do that every tournament. I don't have diamonds, have 3 champions that rarely win - I think my losing helps everyone else's odds lol. But it's possible to get really far by having the right mix of dragons. Early on in tourneys I made a spreadsheet matrix type thing to analyze my dragons while keeping track of my battles. When the best dragon for a fight I didn't have, I noted it. If I was using a dragon over and over, it went on my list to level first.

MakJulos
03-30-14, 12:08 PM
Thanks. After I posted, I triedmy epic Bladewing and finally won. Go figure.

Well, you used a variation of the 4-step MakMethod i have created myself: Curse - Cry - Quit.....then do a sneaky Comeback quietly and win! You even pulled it off without cursing, crying and quitting much! Now GL with Nova, myself i beat it 1st try with Mummy 7, but as usual there are more dragons that has been successful beating end boss!

Guardian452
03-30-14, 12:15 PM
Thank you "Song of the North"
I'm not leveling dragons because at level 45 the mine is opening and I would need explosives to mine for dragons.
And I also understand that this is all about money for the game developer, this is absolutely natural.
I don't even mind buying gold and Treasure Boxes offers. But there is smth wrong with the breeding codes.
So many annoying commons....
and I absolutely agree with you: there will be more tournaments if my new iPad Air will not follow 2 Android tabs that flew out of the window :) :)

If you can get a champion to level 8 or higher, it will go a long way to bettering your odds of completing the tournament. Champions have pretty good odds of beating most opponents, with the exception of Lvl 16+ Diamonds and Champions. A high level Metal is good against Champions. As for Diamonds, well, you can't do anything about them except pray for good luck unless you have one or two already. Some of the super rares that do pretty good in the tournament that are easy to level up include Honeybee, Landworm and Parakeet. I've leveled up two of each to epic just for tournaments.

Guardian452
03-30-14, 12:17 PM
Well, you used a variation of the 4-step MakMethod i have created myself: Curse - Cry - Quit.....then do a sneaky Comeback quietly and win! You even pulled it off without cursing, crying and quitting much! Now GL with Nova, myself i beat it 1st try with Mummy 7, but as usual there are more dragons that has been successful beating end boss!

If iPad's weren't so expensive, I'm sure more than one or two would have been tossed out the window by now in frustration. :P

dor7
03-30-14, 12:23 PM
25. Storm - Lightning M++M

MakJulos
03-30-14, 12:26 PM
25. Storm - Lightning M++M

Nice! I have no idea how much is left of event, but if you're going all the way i wish you best of luck with final rounds!:)

sapphirecross
03-30-14, 12:28 PM
Some tips on analyzing your fighting team while leveling up and trying to win dragons:

Go through the lists that people post ignoring the champions - amazon, black knight, ninja, sentinel, Templar, and whichever I'm forgetting. Look up the colors of the dragons, and see what is heavily used, as well as names that show up over and over. Lotus you can craft and it's one you want for arena. Atlantis did well in this one (blue green), lightning you can earn in the album - I had a very hard time breeding virtue, I couldn't get a pink on my island until I got lightning. It's an excellent arena dragon. Anything that can't be bred, that you have to craft, is always strong. Keep trying to breed the rarest one of the colors you need, but even with commons of the same color you have a chance at winning, so focus on colors you don't have at all.

Keep doing arena, try for the arena parts for the craftable dragon - right now is Venetian. Anything non breedable, any colors, tends to be useful sometime. Check the color chart and use it like a shopping list lol. Do you have a strong yellow/blue for red dragon opponents? Sometimes you can only attack one color so having a strong dragon against the five basic colors will help tremendously. Ruby is good against green, lightning will work for yellow and is a lot easier to get than mask. Yellow-purple, amethyst or topaz for blue, etc. When you have strong competitors against each basic color, and heavily used arena dragons, you have a very solid team to build on. Good luck to all!

shield14
03-30-14, 12:31 PM
Thanks to all !!!
After Egyptian Event I feel that all of you guys are making a very friendly and mutually supporting community.
Thanks again!

to sapphirecros I downloaded your spreadsheet but Excel has removed your formula and now it is 50% useful/useless.

to Guardian452 I recently bought a Valerie in the Treasure Chest and leveled it to 9. I don;t have 63000 food to make it Epic. But it lost all the time to Turquoise.

rwena
03-30-14, 12:34 PM
11:25:30 to go. I am still pummelling on Mercury. He is battered, bruised and bleeding. He can't stand up much longer. I am wearing him down, one puny fight after the next. 8 fails so far but I had to get some sleep and I need to get to work soon. I just know he is going down. Mainly using trickster but tossing in a topaz and a champion between heals.

shield14
03-30-14, 12:36 PM
Some tips on analyzing your fighting team while leveling up and trying to win dragons:
..... Good luck to all!

That is exactly what I was doing. I was running through all pages of this thread, making notes. And that helped me to get until Turquoise.

Thanks for your guidelines throughout this Tournament, they were very helpful for the newbies like me :)

ciarjen
03-30-14, 12:43 PM

Go through the lists that people post ignoring the champions - amazon, black knight, ninja, sentinel, Templar, and whichever I'm forgetting. Look up the colors of the dragons, and see what is heavily used, as well as names that show up over and over. Lotus you can craft and it's one you want for arena. Atlantis did well in this one (blue green), lightning you can earn in the album - I had a very hard time breeding virtue, I couldn't get a pink on my island until I got lightning. It's an excellent arena dragon. Anything that can't be bred, that you have to craft, is always strong. Keep trying to breed the rarest one of the colors you need, but even with commons of the same color you have a chance at winning, so focus on colors you don't have at all.

Keep doing arena, try for the arena parts for the craftable dragon - right now is Venetian. Anything non breedable, any colors, tends to be useful sometime. Check the color chart and use it like a shopping list lol. Do you have a strong yellow/blue for red dragon opponents? Sometimes you can only attack one color so having a strong dragon against the five basic colors will help tremendously. Ruby is good against green, lightning will work for yellow and is a lot easier to get than mask. Yellow-purple, amethyst or topaz for blue, etc. When you have strong competitors against each basic color, and heavily used arena dragons, you have a very solid team to build on. Good luck to all!

Some great advice there.

I level my dragons up according to colours I am weak on in battles, rather than which dragons I like. It ****ed me to level up Steampunk as he is one ugly dragon but a very useful mix of colours to have. :D

I focus my breeding on super rare dragons and ones which are going to be retired. I don't bother trying for other new dragons that come out because I think they will probably eventually turn up as fails.

When tournaments are not on, I breed my Diamond, trying to get ultra rare hybrids but a day before a tournament is due to start I stop with Diamond, so it is available to battle when I need it.

ciarjen
03-30-14, 12:50 PM
Thanks to all !!!
After Egyptian Event I feel that all of you guys are making a very friendly and mutually supporting community.
Thanks again!

to sapphirecros I downloaded your spreadsheet but Excel has removed your formula and now it is 50% useful/useless.

to Guardian452 I recently bought a Valerie in the Treasure Chest and leveled it to 9. I don;t have 63000 food to make it Epic. But it lost all the time to Turquoise.

Champion dragons have a very good chance of beating many of the dragons in tournaments but Stone dragons are one type that I don't put a champ in to battle because they are not effective. Blue/green usually works better.

That Valkyrie will win you many battles but some types it just won't be able to beat. At your level it is difficult to even get enough coins to pay for the food to make that level up from 9 to 10. It is worth saving for it though.

Watch out for a tournament which is offering a champ as a price which is super rare. That is really one to try to get and use gold to ultimate difficult rounds. It will pay off in the long run when you have another champ to use in tournaments.

ellaslair
03-30-14, 12:59 PM
Do tournaments start at regular intervals? On specific days? How far in advance are they announced? I enjoyed this tournament immensly, but it will be a few days before my warriors are back to full strength :)

shield14
03-30-14, 12:59 PM

This method WORKS!!!!!!
My just healed Valkyrie beat a "not movable" Turquoise with B++b

ciarjen
03-30-14, 01:06 PM
Do tournaments start at regular intervals? On specific days? How far in advance are they announced? I enjoyed this tournament immensly, but it will be a few days before my warriors are back to full strength :)

This one started on Tuesday 10 am Pacific time. The next one will probably start two weeks after that.

Sometimes there is a mini tournament which starts on Friday at 10 am Pacific time.

So the days to check are always Tuesday and Friday at 10 am Pacific. In the UK that is at 6pm. It is also the time that new dragons can be seen in the market.

sapphirecross
03-30-14, 01:25 PM
That is exactly what I was doing. I was running through all pages of this thread, making notes. And that helped me to get until Turquoise.

Thanks for your guidelines throughout this Tournament, they were very helpful for the newbies like me :)

You're welcome!!

The spreadsheet isn't mine though, it's prolly Sehana's. She has tons of good info and helpful stuff for a lot of TL games. I never uploaded mine anywhere cuz it's huge, like a dozen tabs all using my own code to dragon colors. It's helpful for me, but it's very confusing to track all the codes and what it shows cuz it's just columns and rows of color codes with marks in boxes for best and good dragons. Almost all the dragon groups duplicate first letters of their names (pink K, purple P, passion heart symbol, mythic M, metal m, red R, rainbow r, royal I think I used a rho, some Greek letter, etc). It's enormously confusing sometimes even for me and I've been using a lot of these codes since tourneys started.

LunaWolves
03-30-14, 01:38 PM
Finally got my nova I lost with aether but I won with mummy bm+++

dor7
03-30-14, 01:39 PM
26. Red Queen - Secret 6 MB++
10 h 19 min left

MakJulos
03-30-14, 01:41 PM
Gratz LunaWolves, good job!

Nice goingdor7 , now just a few more butts to kick!

:D

hugpete
03-30-14, 02:14 PM
Getting so close! Just one more!!! :D

R28 Helios beat leopard8, pyramid9 , goodwitch6, and then fell to dino3 M++M.

R29 Mercury beat mummy3 and fell to parakeet9 MB++M.

sfallday
03-30-14, 02:20 PM
Finally won another tourney. Then after several tries with diamond/crusader got 40 hrs should be infinity

hugpete
03-30-14, 02:32 PM
Congrats sfallday!!

sfallday
03-30-14, 02:40 PM
Congrats sfallday!!

Thanks, been a good day

dor7
03-30-14, 02:45 PM
27. Ying Yang - Black Knight M++M

jlee91587
03-30-14, 03:19 PM
Well it's over for me! Less than 9hrs left and just lost to Unicorn again and ALL my possible matches for it still need healed/are being healed.

Wah....Wah....Wahhhhh

tromalyt
03-30-14, 03:26 PM
I got Nova this morning, about 10 hours ago. I couldn?t update here till now.

I did not spend any gold. :happy:

Thanks for your tips, guys and good luck.

rwena
03-30-14, 03:29 PM
Would someone kick Mercury in the knee caps for me please. I'm sure it would give me that slight advantage I need to KO him :D

cakeandpie
03-30-14, 03:52 PM
I got Nova! I was very busy this weekend and away from home so I haven't been posting, but I did manage a few minutes now and then to battle. I got him last night and he is already hatched. :)

hugpete
03-30-14, 04:15 PM
So excited! I got Nova on my second try at it! Beat Social6 but lost to my Cleopatra5. Yay! My first tournament win. Thanks everyone for all the helpful posts on his thread. With your help, and probably oodles of luck, I got through without diamonds or champions or ultimating. Woot!!!!

rwena
03-30-14, 05:50 PM
Yes done and dusted. Mercury finally went done with Ameryst 7 and I waited to have one attempt on Nova before posting and down she went with my faithful old Epic Aether. What would I do without that dragon. I now have a new dragon egg on my nest.

*does a little dance... dance a little happy dance*

Sumercarefree
03-30-14, 08:10 PM
Well it's over for me! Less than 9hrs left and just lost to Unicorn again and ALL my possible matches for it still need healed/are being healed.

Wah....Wah....Wahhhhh

I got it with a Diamond.
Good Luck.

Sumercarefree
03-30-14, 08:10 PM
I got Nova! I was very busy this weekend and away from home so I haven't been posting, but I did manage a few minutes now and then to battle. I got him last night and he is already hatched. :)

Congrats to you and also congrats to all the winners.
closing time soon I guess.

nic1967
03-30-14, 08:53 PM
I can't great Helios!!!

nic1967
03-30-14, 08:55 PM
Beat. I can't BEAT. Helios! I've tried angel & unicorn twice each now. I'm not using gold for ULT. I don't have much & that would take all of it. I guess this is ANOTHER tournament dragon I don't win.

dor7
03-30-14, 08:55 PM
28. Helios - Black Knight MBB

sfallday
03-30-14, 09:19 PM
Beat. I can't BEAT. Helios! I've tried angel & unicorn twice each now. I'm not using gold for ULT. I don't have much & that would take all of it. I guess this is ANOTHER tournament dragon I don't win.

I got Helios with diamond 10

sapphirecross
03-30-14, 09:25 PM

I used epic lightning - good luck!

sapphirecross
03-30-14, 09:39 PM
Congrats to all who won!!! Good job too to all trying their first tournament - if you didn't quite get there, you now can make a plan for breeding and feeding to come back stronger next time. :)

I finished as well - epic trickster finally stomped on mercury and epic aether got nova. Spent most of the day on mercury and I was so tempted to use ultimate just to get a different dragon, but the only gold I spent was for speed ups. Gotta say, overall, I'd have used ultimate today if it was a dragon I needed and saved myself about 10 rounds and a lot of time. But it's nice to see how strong my dragons are without it, and it does help to prioritize what I should level.

Thanks everyone! Was a lot of fun to hang out with ya battling!

sapphirecross
03-30-14, 09:57 PM
Some great advice there.

I level my dragons up according to colours I am weak on in battles, rather than which dragons I like. It ****ed me to level up Steampunk as he is one ugly dragon but a very useful mix of colours to have. :D

I do the same thing - if I need the colors and it's super rare or removed, I'll level ones I think are ugly lol, but I wish I had been playing for steampunk! I hope it shows up in a flash tourney sometime - it reminds me of Oscar in the game Syberia. That was a great game. I like steampunk though. I didn't realize til this tourney how strong metal are, thanks for the great advice during tourney! I changed my breeding plan a bit to move metal up higher on my list. :)

dor7
03-30-14, 10:19 PM
29. Mercury - Valkyrie MBM++

1 left

kafeole
03-30-14, 10:25 PM
I beat Sentinel with epic honeybee

Did not work for me. I tried epic forest, water, too. All defeated. So i gave up

aypeerez
03-30-14, 11:06 PM
I know I won't get through all the levels but this has been a great learning experience. For the record I just defeated Turquoise using my mega forest one magic did the trick. My mega fire was defeated. Still new to the tourney and had only got through four levels before so getting up to 20 has been huge progress

dor7
03-30-14, 11:29 PM
30. Nova - Dynasty MB++B

New dragon is in my collection.
Congrats to all who have newone.
To others, better luck next time. :rolleyes:

lovedragonhold
03-30-14, 11:34 PM
Congrats to everyone who won! Thanks for all the tips and advice.
Just finished in my 2nd account with one ultimate (couldn't get past Helios, had no diamond or hybrids). Oh well...
It had been fun though. See u all next time.

Sumercarefree
03-31-14, 01:44 AM

Gold Dragon should be good too ( Diamond Breed)

ciarjen
03-31-14, 02:01 AM
Congratulations to everyone who won, particularly those winning for the first time. :)

nogard9
03-31-14, 09:09 AM
Ended up stuck on Helios all weekend. She took down my Diamond at least 5 times and all my pinks in between, as well as Champions and my Independence (which beat her last time). Didn't want to spend gold for a non champion and it didn't help that I can't play much on weekends. Hopefully I'll do better next time.

Congrats to all who won, and for the rest of us, we'll get them next time! :)

nic1967
03-31-14, 01:43 PM
I never got past Helios no matter which dragon I tried & I just wasn't willing to use gold for this one. Congratulations to everyone who did win!! I'll get the next one hopefully.

Sumercarefree
03-31-14, 06:33 PM
Yes this time Helios did pose a problem.
I needed a few extra tries too.
Sorry for those who never got past it .

lorentw
04-01-14, 01:21 PM
2nd account never advanced past angel round 22 I think, I still have 12 dragons waiting to heal. trying to epic out more dragons for the next tourney. congrats to all who won. my job has just received a large order, I will not be around much for the next few weeks working 7 -16 hour days for a while, oh well I will make a lot of money for vacation.....