PDA

View Full Version : children and menswear yes or no?

irlanda_c
03-24-14, 06:31 PM
I would like my boutique to be a department store since the pjs display. So I'm asking for new sections. Do you like the idea of start having catalogues for men and children?

Ic3e
03-25-14, 08:16 AM
I don't want the game to end up a department store theme, ew. I still want it to be a boutique but a unisex boutique, like Forever 21. I want menswear and womenswear on the game.

sanya87
03-25-14, 09:52 AM
i understand all players don't have the same taste and same wishes, but personally, i don't like this idea at all. men clothes are just not so appealing, i don't see some big creativity about it. children clothes... hm, wouldn't like it either to be honest. i just don't think that would fit well in the game. but that is just my personal opinion!

6SweetSt
03-25-14, 10:04 AM
Just my opinion, but I would prefer keeping it a pretty boutique for women. :) Please not a department store.

PinkPixiShop
03-25-14, 10:27 AM
I would like my boutique to be a department store since the pjs display. So I'm asking for new sections. Do you like the idea of start having catalogues for men and children?

I like the idea of having options made available to those who might want to go the route of a department store. After all, we have a wide range of displays that include things like trees, animals, hula dancers ? even the tractor that came out in the Fall (which I have only seen used once in all my FS shopping travels). To each their own in terms of how and with what they choose to decorate their shops. Granted, this game is primarily focused on female clothing and accessories, we have seen males and what I suspect are children in some of the displays so if you wanted to organize your shop into something reflective of a family department store then I say go for it and have fun!

The only thing I would suggest would be that when a release (new catalog) comes out, that TL provide options. For example, if they release a male outfit then release a female outfit too so that those of us not in favor of a men's section can still have a new catalog to order from.

I don't want the game to end up a department store theme, ew. I still want it to be a boutique but a unisex boutique, like Forever 21. I want menswear and womenswear on the game.

I don't think adding male outfits would change the theme of Fashion Story. The game, in its entirety, seems to be geared towards the female market. Adding a few menswear options would only enhance the creative options for those who wish to take that route. Personally, I would be more upset if TL started producing unisex outfits rather than simply adding some gender-neutral and/or male outfits. Additionally, a shop like Forever 21 is fine and great for the younger generations but it is certainly not what comes to my mind when I think of a "boutique" or high-end, glamorous fashions. "Boutique" congers up something more refined and certainly feminine.

i understand all players don't have the same taste and same wishes, but personally, i don't like this idea at all. men clothes are just not so appealing, i don't see some big creativity about it. children clothes... hm, wouldn't like it either to be honest. i just don't think that would fit well in the game. but that is just my personal opinion!

The beauty of the game is that we have a tremendous variety to choose from; we've been offered jogging suits, formal wear, swimsuits, sleepwear etc. Adding something like menswear or something appropriate for kids would not necessarily be a bad thing at all. It would simply be an option. And of course, it is your choice whether or not you select to order/purchase from said new options.

Just my opinion, but I would prefer keeping it a pretty boutique for women. :) Please not a department store.

You have total control over your shop. You add what you like and decorate as you see fit. That would not change at all if TL actually considered implementing what irlanda suggests. I do tend to agree with you in that I would rather keep it feminine and pretty but I am also in agreement that choices are never a bad thing.

Cheers!

kattigra11
03-25-14, 11:42 AM

My store is made into a department store and like pixie said above it is entirely up to you what you do with your store. Whether men's or baby's clothes are introduced into FS you don't have to display them in your store and you can certainly continue to make your store entirely for woman.
I think introducing menswear would help to improve the game in a way that it will be more realistic. This would mean that new customers such as man could be introduced into our stores or in case that baby's clothes are introduced we could see mothers with babies walking in our stores and subsequently this would take the game into a different level.

Ic3e
03-25-14, 07:19 PM
I like the idea of adding realism to the game. So I agree with kattigra11 on that point.

For the Forever 21 thing, okay maybe not high-end and glamorous but then think of the super chic boutiques then. Lacoste, Gucci, Ralph Lauren all have menswear (Lacoste taking it a step further with children's wear as well).

orleansparish
03-25-14, 07:24 PM
Players already whine and complain when a catalog is released that they don't like. As if we actually will wear them when we walk outside of our homes. It's a game. The point...to me..is to order everything to save gems, make as many coins as possible and keep things as pretty as possible. If someone actually doesn't want to order something because it isn't what they like, more power to them and their silly ideas.

I'd love to have more kids, men's and realistic items. We could add more dimension to this game. I just started playing this other game, not fashion related, but one where we can add on a 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor. Imagine if we could do that on this game or the others!

I know teamlava is always progressing with new games and content but fashion could really net them a huge revenue if they think outside of their box a little. It would be beyond adorable to have a kids section and then stuff for men and their liking. If we can have sports and camping gear and day glo elephants then anything should be possible.

Think about it TL!

sally_brown
03-26-14, 09:13 AM
I just think if they had children and men's clothing, the catalogue would become too cluttered. I mean, people think it's disorganized enough as it is, and it would become worse if they had four times as much clothes (women's, men's, girls', boys'). And I don't think anyone would be happy if they got rid of a bunch of women's clothes to make way for the new ones.

minidemon88
03-26-14, 10:26 AM
I like the ideas of having children and menswear. It would be awesome if they can also add in a beauty section. But knowing what tl does, it's just too complicated.

dalula
03-26-14, 05:18 PM
Only if it's in a separate game. I want women's fashions exclusively in one game and maybe a department store game with clothes for other genders.

sally_brown
03-26-14, 08:04 PM
Yeah, if there were a department store game, I'd play that in addition to Fashion Story.

Zee_Zatara
03-27-14, 08:10 AM
Only if it's in a separate game. I want women's fashions exclusively in one game and maybe a department store game with clothes for other genders.

Same here. Don't turn Fashion Story into Department Story. Make a brand new game called Department Story and put the children's and men's clothes in that.

cpebbles73
03-27-14, 01:44 PM
Same here. Don't turn Fashion Story into Department Story. Make a brand new game called Department Story and put the children's and men's clothes in that.
I agree make it a different game to ruin fashion story.. I like just the way it is .... Just women's wear..no Men or children's wear.. Save that for some other game... I'm from NYC and the Most ExClusive Boutique's are only for one gender..

cpebbles73
03-27-14, 01:46 PM
I agree make it a different game to ruin fashion story.. I like just the way it is .... Just women's wear..no Men or children's wear.. Save that for some other game... I'm from NYC and the Most ExClusive Boutique's are only for one gender..My answer is NO!!!

andromedablack
03-28-14, 10:37 AM
A big fat NO.That will completely ruin the game.And what's the point of having children fashion? Can you imagine having a children avatar to dress up, that would be lame.Half of this game is to dress up our avatars, not only decorating a boutique. And who really cares about kids fashion, children don't care like adults about how they look and what to wear.

I understand that there are some boys who play the game too,but I believe menswear should be in a different app. Our catalogue list is already too long.

angelmama24
03-28-14, 11:01 AM
What would be the point in having children's wear? I don't want kids running around my beautiful shop! Lol. ;)

StevenKevin
03-28-14, 04:44 PM
Of course im totally in favor of mens clothes!!!! For those who dont want to display them just dont its as simple as that. There are some catalogues ive never ordered because i dont like them like the hitchiking gear stuff but for those who would like to add something new to their store it would be a nice enhancement.

jojopeanut
03-28-14, 10:37 PM
Same I agree different game.

JumpingBerries12345
03-29-14, 03:58 PM
Me too. I been playing this game really long, and a don't want men. If another game, yes, but not together.

Lol, department story equals BLAHH!:p I don't like the idea of department store, sorry. And where the heck is my siggy?

laurenbunnyoh
03-30-14, 08:20 PM
I agree with the separate game idea. FS should stay a woman's game