PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant story 2! With pictures!

blackviolets
03-23-14, 07:51 AM
edit(KP) Some Update Information:

Hi everyone! I wanted to drop by and hopefully answer some questions for you all about Restaurant Story and Restaurant Story 2.

Will Restaurant Story continue to get updates?

Absolutely! We have a very vibrant community of players and we hope you all will continue to enjoy your Restaurants for a long time. Restaurant Story 2 is a completely different game with loads of new features. We encourage you to try it out and enjoy playing both games! We will continue to provide content updates for Restaurant Story as long as there are players playing it!

Where are the Restaurant Story 2 forums?

The forums will be up when the game is available for all users to download and play on the available platform(s). Since the game is still in limited release, you can post in the Restaurant Story (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?218-Restaurant-Story) forums. The limited release allows us to work on additional polishes for the game, but also fix any bugs that get reported before releasing the game for everyone to try and play.

I don't see Restaurant Story 2 in the iTunes App Store. When will I be able to download and play it?

Restaurant Story 2 is currently in limited release while we make the final touches on it before releasing it to all App Store regions for everyone to download and enjoy. When the game is ready for a worldwide release, we will definitely keep you updated with new Restaurant Story 2 forums and other social media content.

Will Restaurant Story 2 be available on the Google Play Store for Android?

The goal is to make our games available for all players to enjoy, regardless of the platform you are playing on. At this time, we are currently working on improvements on the Android development side, so you'll need to stay tuned until we are able to provide updates on the progress.

We know Android players are interested in trying all of our new games and we thank you for patiently waiting while we continue to work on Android development.

Is this a change in direction for TeamLava games?

We don't think so. Our goal is to continue to make games with new features that our players want.

There are many that have been playing Restaurant Story for a long time, so we know you have grown attached to your Restaurant and all the wonderful friendships you have created. If you enjoy Restaurant Story, definitely continue to play it, but we do encourage you to try Restaurant Story 2 before providing any negative feedback.

Our talented team behind Restaurant Story 2 have spent a lot of time developing the game and polishing the new features that we can't wait to see everyone enjoy. Definitely give Restaurant Story 2 a try when it's available for everyone and share your feedback, so we can discuss and use it to continue improving Restaurant Story 2 for everyone.

I was playing dragon story yesterday, then a goal pops up for me to download RS 2. So of course I download it and start playing. I've been telling my neighbors about it, but they can't seem to find it in the app store idk why. So here I decided to make a thread w/ photos, that hopefully won't get merged with a thread under castle story :)

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s505/blackviolets08/8e229b1a70f7f14e19ecf7456122d8f7_zpsfd48f438.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s505/blackviolets08/e3aa3999654bfcd2f7a22cba0fd1b177_zps602fd7b0.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s505/blackviolets08/480f84f4e5a852abde331f60a01fdb94_zpsa4336364.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s505/blackviolets08/20dd77d2fa87f1d00a2c927a8f662a7e_zpscde6ba39.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s505/blackviolets08/7adff1e69d28eae50b4966697a4eaa8f_zps24c337e0.jpg

My thoughts on the game:
It is very 3D compared to RS1. It's kinda like Farm story 2. You buy ingredients from the general store or meat shop, then you learn new recipes by trial and error. Each action from buying to cooking requires a few seconds or minutes, depends on what you choose. So it's really time consuming :( oh and you have the option to post on Facebook whenever you level up. Then you have a storage/ inventory with limited space :(

After playing RS1 for 2 years, I would have to say that I'll still be loyal to RS1 :) I do hope they still continue to give updates to RS1

meme1098
03-23-14, 07:55 AM
I saw the goal in my secondary account. I can't find it in the App Store either.
What country are you? Maybe it hasn't been released here yet but why have the popup then?

http://i59.tinypic.com/ac8wk.jpg

It has the look of farm story2. Only played that one a week or so then quit when it wasn't fun anymore.

blackviolets
03-23-14, 08:00 AM
I'm from singapore. Maybe TL released it first in asia? :confused:

chokdii
03-23-14, 08:03 AM
Oh no :-( this can only mean one thing....Restaurant the original will no longer get updates just like farm 1. Thank goodness I stopped buying gems long ago.

chokdii
03-23-14, 08:03 AM
Oh and the second versions are never as good as the originals.

meme1098
03-23-14, 08:16 AM

No they aren't :(
Hoping it will be the exception & not the rule on this one. RS is too popular & way to addictive for me.

bobbyrae
03-23-14, 08:19 AM
Oh no :-( this can only mean one thing....Restaurant the original will no longer get updates just like farm 1. Thank goodness I stopped buying gems long ago.

Do you see it in the store for download too, chokdii? I know you're in Asia.

I don't see myself playing this one either. I played farm story 2 only to get rid of the annoying pop ups. Didn't even complete the goal requiring me to play to level 11 for that other reward of gems ! I have a feeling it will go the way of Farm Story as well. :( Oh well. One more game for me not to play, I suppose.

chokdii
03-23-14, 08:23 AM

No I don't and I use the American iTunes shop cause I used to get imported iTunes cards from the states here, till the shop closed down. Can't get iTunes cards for the Thai iTunes shop plus it's all in Thai I'm told.

rosewaterlily
03-23-14, 08:48 AM
Ugh, 3-D with animation means many more crashes on my ancient device. The animated fountains are a memory ****er on fs2. Hope nothing like this happens to bakery.

chokdii
03-23-14, 09:12 AM
Was just telling my friend on kik and she said she almost bought gems yesterday but changed her mind and is now so glad she didn't. She also knows RS1 will stop getting updates like farm 1 did.

bobbyrae
03-23-14, 03:17 PM
Hopefully TL will post something tomorrow.

mamareader02
03-23-14, 05:29 PM
I won't be able to try this for a while,as USA is always last to get the new games,not fair :(

zeldashepard
03-23-14, 06:06 PM
This looks like an unnecessary mess. I hope they don't do this with BS.

chokdii
03-23-14, 06:07 PM
I won't be able to try this for a while,as USA is always last to get the new games,not fair :(

Personally I don't care. I don't want an RS 2 cause it just means the 1st will be phased out just like farm 1 was :-(

mamareader02
03-23-14, 06:36 PM
Personally I don't care. I don't want an RS 2 cause it just means the 1st will be phased out just like farm 1 was :-(

Lol,I know you're not happy,dear friend,and yeah,it does look like the older games are slowly being phased out

shanapiv
03-23-14, 10:41 PM
Being on Android I may never see this game!

nicola211982
03-24-14, 01:04 AM
Thanks for posting.

OnCloudDivine
03-24-14, 01:06 AM
Being on Android I may never see this game!

No, we will assuredly never see this game -_-#

TL-- we implore you to address our questions, concerns, and curiosity! Please, give the wonderful mods some insight if you don't wish to fraternize with us directly!

redbites
03-24-14, 01:17 AM
Well now that I've seen images I'm not as excited anymore :( I think I'll stick to rs1. btw that 50 gems purchase looks like a huge ripoff

orleansparish
03-24-14, 01:21 AM

The new farm is becoming better but it needs some classic aspects of the original farm. Or rather the original farm would have been perfect if they I pleated a few changes...like new goals...decor...interactive features. But wow, my mind is blown away by this. I though bakery would get a second game first, being as how they have been letting it go down the drain with no new over or drink recipes in months. Along with no weekly LTO's too. Restaurant is the one that's been getting those things, so this is all kinds of confusing and mixed signals..ly.

orleansparish
03-24-14, 02:07 AM
Are you from Singapore too? I've searched for this in the Singapore iTunes Store and cannot find this. Is it showing Teamlava on the front or Storm8? Thanks!

minidemon88
03-24-14, 06:18 AM
So I guess a random group of players got to play this game much earlier. Just like what they did to farm story 2 before releasing to every countries. The graphic does looks great, but quite curious about the game play. Is it fun or too challenging?

Though I'm still enjoying playing my rs 1. Will be sad to see if they stop supporting it one day. :( And to play safe, no buying of gems pack in rs then.

bobbyrae
03-24-14, 06:22 AM
Though I'm still enjoying playing my rs 1. Will be sad to see if they stop supporting it one day. :( And to play safe, no buying of gems pack in rs then.

They'll more than likely keep supporting it. There are gems to be sold, you see. They'll just probably stop updating it.

chokdii
03-24-14, 09:40 AM
They'll more than likely keep supporting it. There are gems to be sold, you see. They'll just probably stop updating it.

Exactly! That's just what they did with Farm 1 so RS won't be any different.

carrolls
03-24-14, 04:15 PM
This is so sad, love my RS so much, love my farm & I know the same will happen to RS, new games are great but to abandon games like farm and RS leaves loyal game players with what is next. I have been a loyal TL game player for years & have played many games, do I abandon TL like you have abandoned the games I love?

chokdii
03-24-14, 04:18 PM
This is so sad, love my RS so much, love my farm & I know the same will happen to RS, new games are great but to abandon games like farm and RS leaves loyal game players with what is next. I have been a loyal TL game player for years & have played many games, do I abandon TL like you have abandoned the games I love?

I abandoned Farm 1. If they abandon all the games I definitely won't be playing anymore TL games. The newer versions are just not that addicting like the originals. Farm 2 is not even close to being as good as Farm 1 was.

FrozenTurtle
03-24-14, 04:51 PM
Hi everyone! I wanted to drop by and hopefully answer some questions for you all about Restaurant Story and Restaurant Story 2.

Absolutely! We have a very vibrant community of players and we hope you all will continue to enjoy your Restaurants for a long time. Restaurant Story 2 is a completely different game with loads of new features. We encourage you to try it out and enjoy playing both games! We will continue to provide content updates for Restaurant Story as long as there are players playing it!

Where are the Restaurant Story 2 forums?

The forums will be up when the game is available for all users to download and play on the available platform(s). Since the game is still in limited release, you can post in the Restaurant Story (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?218-Restaurant-Story) forums. The limited release allows us to work on additional polishes for the game, but also fix any bugs that get reported before releasing the game for everyone to try and play.

I don't see Restaurant Story 2 in the iTunes App Store. When will I be able to download and play it?

Restaurant Story 2 is currently in limited release while we make the final touches on it before releasing it to all App Store regions for everyone to download and enjoy. When the game is ready for a worldwide release, we will definitely keep you updated with new Restaurant Story 2 forums and other social media content.

Will Restaurant Story 2 be available on the Google Play Store for Android?

The goal is to make our games available for all players to enjoy, regardless of the platform you are playing on. At this time, we are currently working on improvements on the Android development side, so you'll need to stay tuned until we are able to provide updates on the progress.

We know Android players are interested in trying all of our new games and we thank you for patiently waiting while we continue to work on Android development.

Is this a change in direction for TeamLava games?

We don't think so. Our goal is to continue to make games with new features that our players want.

There are many that have been playing Restaurant Story for a long time, so we know you have grown attached to your Restaurant and all the wonderful friendships you have created. If you enjoy Restaurant Story, definitely continue to play it, but we do encourage you to try Restaurant Story 2 before providing any negative feedback.

Our talented team behind Restaurant Story 2 have spent a lot of time developing the game and polishing the new features that we can't wait to see everyone enjoy. Definitely give Restaurant Story 2 a try when it's available for everyone and share your feedback, so we can discuss and use it to continue improving Restaurant Story 2 for everyone.

meme1098
03-24-14, 05:51 PM
Thanks for updating us, Frozen Turtle.

ElaineCarrel
03-24-14, 06:02 PM
I can't wait 2 try it since I've mastered all appliances except for 4 in the original RS. Thanks 4 the update.

flying_cupcake
03-24-14, 06:24 PM
It's on the app store on my iphone...how come its not appearing on others?

Since I played RS1 for some time now and saw RS2, i think i'd stick with the original than RS2. Hopefully they'd continue to give updates for RS1.

chokdii
03-24-14, 07:19 PM
Will Farm Story 2 replace Farm Story?

Farm Story and Farm Story 2 are different games, so Farm Story 2 will not be replacing the first Farm Story game. We will continue to provide new content for Farm Story as long as there are still players playing the game.

Farm Story 2 is a different kind of farm simulation, because it has many new features that are different from the first Farm Story that we believe a lot of players will enjoy. You don?t necessarily have to play one or the other, you can play and support both games!

Absolutely! We have a very vibrant community of players and we hope you all will continue to enjoy your Restaurants for a long time. Restaurant Story 2 is a completely different game with loads of new features. We encourage you to try it out and enjoy playing both games! We will continue to provide content updates for Restaurant Story as long as there are players playing the game.

I don't know about you but I just had a big case of deja vu :-( In other words RS 1 will most likely stop getting updates like Farm 1. I am sorry but I just don't believe TL. We were told the exact same thing with Farm 1 and look what happened and there are still people playing it. I know, I go in once in a blue moon just to say hi to some of my old neighbors.

Needless to say I won't be trying RS2 until TL prove to me that RS 1 will continue to get updates. And I mean actual proof not just their word as I just don't trust their word anymore not after Farm 1.

orleansparish
03-24-14, 07:25 PM

Since I played RS1 for some time now and saw RS2, i think i'd stick with the original than RS2. Hopefully they'd continue to give updates for RS1.

Hi! Can you tell us what country you're in please?

chokdii
03-24-14, 07:47 PM

Don't hold your breathe :-( new games always come out for certain countries first. Usually the US is the last to get them.

bobbyrae
03-24-14, 08:54 PM
We will continue to provide content updates for Restaurant Story as long as there are players playing it!

Wow...de ja vu.

Here we go. Again.

So next we will hear that there will be very limited updates.

rene2222
03-24-14, 09:42 PM
there is RS2?? i hope i have it. though i am enjoying my original RS, but i do want to try out the RS2.

chokdii
03-24-14, 10:02 PM
there is RS2?? i hope i have it. though i am enjoying my original RS, but i do want to try out the RS2.

I would want to try RS 2 but I'm not going to. I just know RS 1 will eventually stop getting updates just like farm 1 so I am not going to download RS 2 cause when the updates stop in RS 1 it will just irk me everytime I go to play RS 2. Just like with Farm 2 which I will be quitting soon as it's just too boring. I like to decorate and the decorations in the newer versions are just really poor compared to the originals.

sanya87
03-25-14, 04:09 AM
i will definately try the new game, i played restaurant story before and i gave up after some time, it is a nice game but designs are too childish for my taste, same thing is with bakery story. so i am very excited about the new restaurant story, though i can understand those of you who dont even want to try it cause you have already put too much time, money and effort in your restaurant. it would be great if we can have this new game without stopping the old one to get the updates and support!

bobbyrae
03-25-14, 04:42 AM
it would be great if we can have this new game without stopping the old one to get the updates and support!
It would be great, wouldn't it? Especially since the new games will not be released to all platforms. So when the updates in the original game stop that's it for android players. :(

chokdii
03-25-14, 04:44 AM
i will definately try the new game, i played restaurant story before and i gave up after some time, it is a nice game but designs are too childish for my taste, same thing is with bakery story. so i am very excited about the new restaurant story, though i can understand those of you who dont even want to try it cause you have already put too much time, money and effort in your restaurant. it would be great if we can have this new game without stopping the old one to get the updates and support!

I agree with your last part. I don't have a problem with RS2, I would be quite happy to play it to BUT knowing TL and the exact same response they gave as they did with Farm 1, I just know RS1 will eventually stop getting updates just like farm 1. If I am proving wrong (which I certainly hope I am but I doubt it) then I will happily give RS2 a try. If I'm proving right (which I hope I'm not) then there is no way I am going to play RS2. Not that it will make a difference but it will make me feel better lol.

sanya87
03-25-14, 06:07 AM
i understand you guys, i think i would probably react the same for fashion story for example. i gave the most of my time, money and effort in that team lava game, so i would be sad and dissapointed if they just decide one day to make a new game and abandon the old one. i know, it's just a game but still. i don't understand one thing, people love restaurant story and want to continue to spend their money on the game if it continues to get updates. there again we will have this new game which can attract both new and existing players of restaurant story. so this just means even more money for them, or not? so why don't leave the place for both games and have happy customers and even more money?

chokdii
03-25-14, 07:48 AM
i understand you guys, i think i would probably react the same for fashion story for example. i gave the most of my time, money and effort in that team lava game, so i would be sad and dissapointed if they just decide one day to make a new game and abandon the old one. i know, it's just a game but still. i don't understand one thing, people love restaurant story and want to continue to spend their money on the game if it continues to get updates. there again we will have this new game which can attract both new and existing players of restaurant story. so this just means even more money for them, or not? so why don't leave the place for both games and have happy customers and even more money?

That's what TL said they are going to do. That RS 1 will continue to get updates. I just don't believe them cause they said the exact same thing about Farm 1.

pipipooh1977
03-25-14, 08:14 AM
This new game looks dumb....too cartoonish. I love the original RS, FS2 is too clunky and too kiddish looking, I don't like playing it. This game will be the same. Geez TL why change something that doesn't need changing? Not all of the games need to be turned into a clunky, cartoonish piece of []!!!!! :mad:

bobbyrae
03-25-14, 12:52 PM

Well, yes. That is in fact their plan. That is what has happened in Farm Story. There are people playing Farm Story and people playing Farm Story 2. But for long term players who have mastered all the crops and who have purchased everything there is to be purchased that's the end of the game for them. So they have quit. Some have the option of trying out farm story 2, but some do not, since the game is available only for ios players. But here is the beauty of it, new players have no idea that the game is no longer being updated, because everything is new to them as they level up and unlock new decor and crops. Some new players never make it onto the forum so they really have no clue so they see a new item with the nice big "NEW" tag in it and wheeeeeee!!! And then when they see that 30%off gem sale like the one I keep getting, they rush out and go buy themselves some gems.

So, you see, it benefits the company to keep supporting the game, while not continuing to update it. People like me are irrelevant. I don't spend money on gems, so it benefits TL when I quit and am no longer hogging up server space. :p

Anyway. Just be prepared for it restaurant folks. It's coming. The game will stop being updated eventually.

cortnylyn
03-25-14, 02:21 PM
Well TL NOT everyone will be able to play this I assume since I play on Kindle (android) and still have nothing to download from Amazon about FS2. I really hope someday and SOON we Kindle players are able to play all the new TL games. I really hope they do keep updating the old RS.

BettyJoPeters
03-25-14, 03:01 PM
Know what you mean bobbyrae I'm still with farm story, have neighbors I've been with over 2 years! my cyber family. A couple came back, didn't like farm story2, and I've lost quite a few for various reasons. I shopped around and found a couple replacement games from other companies. Still, hard to let go of old neighbors, happy to meet up with them on facebook.

nmishii
03-25-14, 03:07 PM
I'm with everyone else in being pretty sure what will happen to Restaurant Story 1 will follow Farm Story 1. People are still playing Farm Story 1 even without weekly updates as advertized in Google Play.

Restaurant Story 1 will soon have "very limited updates," which will be basically none.

Since the Android Story games haven't had new feature updates since 2012, even though TL is working on Android, there's little chance that Restaurant Story 2 will be available to Android players. I think we will then have Bakery Story, Fashion Story, and Pet Shop Story that are still getting content updates in the regular version or as new version downloads, and eventually those games will have limited to no updates.

OnCloudDivine
03-25-14, 03:22 PM
With this brand new game comes 3x the work required for updating a current game. I wonder how many new staff were hired for this project, or how many hours it's taken to launch RS2 to the test market. No matter what, there is so much more work that must be put into a new game that this fact alone is condemning evidence that leads us all to come to the sad conclusion.

I am devastated by the impending death of RS; I'm a bakery addict all the way, but RS was my avenue to experiment with decorating and didn't have to be the cutesy, glammed up standards I held for BS. Best of all, the near-weekly release of new recipes kept things not only interesting, but kept the game moving as the food actually sells itself overnight! Just like a real restaurant!

nmishii
03-25-14, 03:30 PM
They probably didn't need to hire new staff for RS2 development. If its similar to FS2 as people stated, then they could have used the FS2 baseline and updated it for RS2 using the same staff, who are familiar with the design and code. And they could have used the people who used to work on FS1 and Android updates, since there is little to no work in those areas.

OnCloudDivine
03-25-14, 03:38 PM
@nmishii: You are probably correct; I would say this theory is founded by the fact the updates have *generally* been lacking for the majority of story games-- the employees usually handling these areas are dividing their time between RS2 and their 'other' responsibilities.

MizCricket
03-25-14, 04:14 PM
So I guess TL appears to be phasing out games for players not on iOS. They haven't released FS2 for Android after all this time so it seems doubtful they'll be releasing RS2 to us anytime soon. I'll be sad to see RS stop getting updates eventually. We all know how that went with Farm1 as many have posted already. Oh well, I guess I'll be getting some more time back in my day. :-)

auroramom
03-25-14, 04:21 PM
Well I'm very upset with this news. I love my restaurant and how the game is played. I don't like farm story 2 because it seems that you constantly have to fill their orders and I like cooking/ordering what I want. The only time I like to play that way is doing goals, but that usually takes me a week and then I can play the way I want. I have been playing for over a year and still buy gems and have lots more to master. So it's not like they don't make money from players like me. I have a lot of 99 neighbors that constantly buy boxes. So if they stop offering updates, then they lose money from those players. Oh well, I know my rant won't change anything, I just hope we will continue getting updates.

CuteTali
03-25-14, 04:46 PM
Thank you for posting pictures everyone who did! I have to say I really don't like the graphics in this game, not as pretty as the real Restaurant Story, looks like some ripoff that someone is trying to copy TL game, can't believe it's even the same company making it.

Something that made me laugh: "We will continue to provide content updates for Restaurant Story as long as there are players playing it!". My fellow Farm Story players, does this statement sound familiar to you guys? ;)

bobbyrae
03-25-14, 07:47 PM
Oh well, I guess I'll be getting some more time back in my day. :-)

Yes, this is true :)

pipipooh1977
03-25-14, 08:46 PM
I agree, they will stop updating RS once RS2 gets established, totally sucks...I think FS2 has cheesy graphics and runs so clunky. I can't stand playing that game. This game looks to be no different. It looks cheesy, I have tried very similar cooking games like this future RS2 and I quit every single one of them, the graphics were horrible and it was annoying to cook in those games. So I guess this game will be the same. Blows.....just freaking blows TL!!!! :mad:

I bet BS will share the same fate down the road..... :(

angelmama24
03-25-14, 09:21 PM
I am so lost. It's as if y'all are speaking another language. I stopped playing Farm Story a long time ago, cause it was just so boring. So I have no idea what y'all are referring to with "FS2." So RS2 is going to be a new game? Not associated at all with the restaurant story we all know and love? (Just an expression kids.) Which somehow means that the regular RS will no longer get updates? Does that mean no more new decorations, tables, chairs, wallpaper, etc., on Wednesdays? What did I miss? I feel as though I've somehow stepped into the TL twilight zone.
'

nmishii
03-25-14, 09:31 PM
Farm Story 2 (FS2) is a new game that was released last year. Once released, TL slowed down then stopped updates to Farm Story even though they said they'd continue to as long as people continued to play. Well, they said they'd have "very limited releases," so if the next release is scheduled for 5 years from now its technically not lying.

Now Restaurant Story 2 is being released, and it appears the same will happen to Restaurant Story. Restaurant Story will soon stop getting updates.

Farm Story 2 is different from Farm Story. Restaurant Story 2 is different from Restaurant Story.

angelmama24
03-25-14, 09:35 PM
Forgive me if I seem dense or is it simply that no one has clarified their terminology? What do you mean by "updates?" Do you mean the weekly updates with new decor? Or the seasonal updates to the game (back to school, Christmas, ski lodge, etc.)

nmishii
03-25-14, 09:43 PM
Both.

Soon after Farm Story 2 was released to all/most countries, they said that Farm Story would take the summer off. Then at the end of the summer they had a Fall update and several weeks later a Thanksgiving update. That's it.

Since you're naming seasonal updates it sounds like you're on Android. Farm Story 2 is only available on iOS. Restaurant Story 2 will most likely be the same. So all Android players will have will be a Restaurant Story game that is not being updated except for gem sales and game download goals.

jmterao
03-25-14, 09:46 PM
I played Farm2 for about a week and I did not find it interesting at all. I deleted it. RS2 looks the same to me and frankly, I am not interested. Not even going to bother downloading it.

It would be nice if RS1 would do a major update to where restaurants could go to level 100, and either create a new recipe book that opens at a higher level or make the old recipes go to level 6 instead of 4 to master.

So many cool things could be done in RS1 but the make a cartoon 3d version instead. Very disappointing.

angelmama24
03-25-14, 09:49 PM
Yes, I'm on Android. So if the regular restaurant story stops getting weekly updates, why keep playing? It is getting to be so boring as it is. The last set of goals was just awful. I was so happy when I was able to put those darn ovens in storage. I've been holding off on redecorating hoping we will get some lovely spring tables, chairs, wallpaper, etc. So it seems this shall become yet another TL game that I uninstall.

chokdii
03-25-14, 10:03 PM
Thank you for posting pictures everyone who did! I have to say I really don't like the graphics in this game, not as pretty as the real Restaurant Story, looks like some ripoff that someone is trying to copy TL game, can't believe it's even the same company making it.

Something that made me laugh: "We will continue to provide content updates for Restaurant Story as long as there are players playing it!". My fellow Farm Story players, does this statement sound familiar to you guys? ;)

Yep it's like deja vu like I said in a previous post. I just can't believe (well maybe I should believe) that they would think no one would notice that they gave the same boloney reply as they did in farm 1 and think we would believe them.

angelmama24
03-25-14, 10:21 PM
What I see from the few pics posted here for RS2, it looks as if it is geared more toward children. This is a TL game? What, they think parents will give their kids $ to buy gems in this new game? I mean, I know how the TL peeps are all about $$. Whatever. Like I said, regular restaurant story (and bakery story) is getting to be really boring, and I'll probably end up uninstalling both games soon. I just don't understand why the TL peeps don't think of ways to keep their long-term players happy. I've only been playing these games for 9 months, and I'm bored with them already. I cannot imagine how long-term players are kept interested in these games. I'll keep fashion story, as that is the only TL game that I still enjoy playing. Thus more time during the day to read a book and cook.

TinksThots
03-26-14, 05:14 AM
I'm on the verge of selling off everything I've got on FS2 and closing up shop. There's too much pressure with sooo much going on all the time; I used to think it was fun, now it's just making me spend way too much time gaming. If RS2 is anything similar, I won't get beyond the levels that get me free gems in my main games. I've invested over a year into those few, and made real friends, and I just don't have time to start new ones.

bobbyrae
03-26-14, 06:59 AM
I'm on the verge of selling off everything I've got on FS2 and closing up shop. There's too much pressure with sooo much going on all the time; I used to think it was fun, now it's just making me spend way too much time gaming. If RS2 is anything similar, I won't get beyond the levels that get me free gems in my main games. I've invested over a year into those few, and made real friends, and I just don't have time to start new ones.

Lol. I gave up on fs2 pretty early. I still have that goal telling me to go on to level 11. I don't think so. Lol. Not even for gems!

jmterao
03-26-14, 09:15 AM

Ok how about a direct answer....

Frozen Turtle, will RS1 continue to get WEEKLY updates just as happens now? Or will they drop it down like they did in farm story 1? I will not buy another gem until I know what's going to happen.

I am an adult. I love the design aspect and graphics of RS1.

When I played FS2, I mean seriously, the animalsfalll over and laid on he ground when they needed to be fed. Very childish. As an adult it wasn't amusing. "OH look mommy! The animals are all dead!"

Bah. We need an adult design game with adult goals and graphics.

ginrae22
03-26-14, 09:33 AM
Wow not sure how I feel about this. I actually do like FS2 although I think they make it way too hard to get coins and everything is expensive. But I don't know about this one...I guess we will see. I really hope they do continue to update RS. I already feel like we are totally unloved in BS never ever getting new recipes unless they are on a new oven. Don't want RS to follow into that or worse.

yumyumsnack
03-26-14, 11:29 AM
Ok how about a direct answer....

Frozen Turtle, will RS1 continue to get WEEKLY updates just as happens now? Or will they drop it down like they did in farm story 1? I will not buy another gem until I know what's going to happen.

Well, there's not much to today's update. A table, a chair, counter and an LTO? We usually find at least one or two things under every tab. There is no cohesion to the update, either.

TinksThots
03-26-14, 07:58 PM
When I played FS2, I mean seriously, the animalsfalll over and laid on he ground when they needed to be fed. Very childish. As an adult it wasn't amusing. "OH look mommy! The animals are all dead!"
Really? I'm 30, started playing it a few months ago or so, and I still giggle at them. The cows tilt their heads up and peek at you every so often, like they think you don't know they're playing possum. The chickens do a full-force nose-dive into the dirt and just blink at the ground, wide-eyed and baffled as to how they got there. The pigs spin sideways onto their backs like they've been oiled up, and just the concept of that alone is hilarious if you've ever been around live pigs. And the sheep, their legs go out from under them, all four at once, like they just stepped onto an ice rink, which is, well, a classic cartoon classic. Swinging that bucket around is a cartoon sitcom at your fingertip. With bonus dialogue if you're extra sleepy, that's always fun. (^_^)

Perspective is everything. ;-)

That said... One cartoon game with pressure galore is enough, TL. Leave RS alone. -_-

Freshte
03-26-14, 09:49 PM
Wanted to throw in my two cents...

I've been playing RS for over three years and am a consistent purchaser of gems. I also play Dragon Story, Fashion Story, Pet Story, Farm Story, and Bakery Story (Yes...a loyal fan of TL games). I'm also an android player. I would appreciate it if someone from TL would let us know why they treat android/kindle players like second class citizens. As far as I know, there are more people accessing these games via an android/kindle platform than ios and yet we often receive updates late (if at all), are unable to play many game features (dragon is the worst), and are asked repeatedly to have patience (while I flip the pages in my calendar as the months and years pass with no significant changes). Since I started with RS, I really view this decision as "the death blow" to my TL play. I was a late bloomer in Farm Story and absolutely loved the game...then FS2 was born and updates disappeared. I agree that the same process will unfold with RS2. In case you haven't noticed, the updates in RS have become less impressive and less abundant since Christmas. I rarely could save over 5 million in coins...now I have 16 million and am rarely excited to purchase new items. Even box items have demonstrated repetition from prior years...

Truly a very sad day for me...as someone else sad, I imagine I'll be having a lot more free time in the not-to-distant future.

bigbux3
03-26-14, 10:25 PM
So... in other words, I can say good bye to Restaurant Story, another classic TeamLava game, like I many players had to say good bye to Farm Story.

redbites
03-26-14, 10:29 PM
What I see from the few pics posted here for RS2, it looks as if it is geared more toward children. This is a TL game? What, they think parents will give their kids $ to buy gems in this new game? I mean, I know how the TL peeps are all about $$. Whatever. Like I said, regular restaurant story (and bakery story) is getting to be really boring, and I'll probably end up uninstalling both games soon. I just don't understand why the TL peeps don't think of ways to keep their long-term players happy. I've only been playing these games for 9 months, and I'm bored with them already. I cannot imagine how long-term players are kept interested in these games. I'll keep fashion story, as that is the only TL game that I still enjoy playing. Thus more time during the day to read a book and cook.
Well all teamlava games are geared more towards kids... but that doesn't stop me playing them

shanapiv
03-26-14, 11:20 PM
Well all teamlava games are geared more towards kids... but that doesn't stop me playing them

Right! I am 23 and still enjoy my little bakery and (soon to be nonexistent) restaurant!

chokdii
03-26-14, 11:37 PM

I'm 38 and I play them to!

meme1098
03-27-14, 10:48 AM
This game looks too much like FS2 and the goal says to reach level 17? Wow...what happened to level 3, then level 7? I sure won't be playing it until then if it's anything like FS2. That game wasn't fun any longer after level 5 or so. It instead became a chore to play.

bigbux3
03-27-14, 04:44 PM
What countries are the game available in?

twospoons
03-27-14, 06:52 PM
well, TL, if i ever get a goal for RS2 (as I'm on android), I fully expect to appreciate the free gems it will provide me in the games I play now. thanks in advance! but no way am I losing all my lovely and expensive current RS decor to start over again.

TinksThots
03-27-14, 08:47 PM
no way am I losing all my lovely and expensive current RS decor to start over again.
^ This. ^ I have a ton of gem stuff in my place, all racked up the free ways. Start from scratch? Yeah you're funny.

And my nbrs. I've refined myself a cozy little nbrhood over the last year, and that took a LOT of time and effort. I can gift by name from memory with ease and consider many of them friends.

I'm invested, in other words. *chains self to pool table* O_O

bobbyrae
03-28-14, 06:54 AM
You may end up losing everything if TL decides to stop supporting rs altogether. It has been done before as you are well aware. :(

Btw, all that stuff you buy, all the gems you have purchased and used in your restaurant? Not even one thing in there belongs to you. Nothing. Nada.

snlps
03-28-14, 09:58 AM
I can't really see team lava stop supporting RS in the near future. The forum is very active and many members are still spending real money on the game. Did FS really have that much of following? The RS forum is very active and I have tons of nbrs who are very active and visiting in the community I also get the feeling many people are still enjoying this game. I played FS for a short period I found it very boring also my nbrs would become inactive very quickly. Just my humble opinion.

igames4me
03-28-14, 10:16 AM
Another farm story another city story monster story and nightclub story

Not good news

nic1967
03-28-14, 12:26 PM
When is it supposed to be released in the US? Does anyone know?

angelmama24
03-28-14, 03:06 PM

I happen to disagree. I'm an adult, and I still play these games; most of my neighbors are adults.

mamareader02
03-28-14, 03:14 PM
I want to at least try this,but after the pitiful updates FS2 is getting,gonna be a little careful on buying gems.i got bored with regular RS after level 97 or so,so I'm up to giving this one a chance

orleansparish
03-28-14, 04:32 PM

I don't think they are. Kids would have had the company flopping within months. Most players are out of their teens and are the money spenders that keeps everyone else playing happily for free. I've seen lessee games that charge you just to download, along with buying decor AND have some recipes that require gems/cash to make. Some things suck with what happens, but we definitely have it good compared to the rest. I stopped buying gems in most games and considering bakery still no recipes I'm reminded as to why.

redbites
03-28-14, 04:53 PM
I don't think they are. Kids would have had the company flopping within months. Most players are out of their teens and are the money spenders that keeps everyone else playing happily for free. I've seen lessee games that charge you just to download, along with buying decor AND have some recipes that require gems/cash to make. Some things suck with what happens, but we definitely have it good compared to the rest. I stopped buying gems in most games and considering bakery still no recipes I'm reminded as to why.
How do you know most players are out of their teens? over 90 000 people play this game. Where are your facts on this matter? (I'm not trying to be rude btw :eek:) Also there have been a lot of issues of children spending their parents money on gems. The games are also 4+ on the app store which allows many young people to play them. The art style of the game also appeals to young people too

hiralhg
03-28-14, 09:16 PM
I cant find RS2 on appstore or android??? Can somebody help

nmishii
03-28-14, 10:04 PM
I cant find RS2 on appstore or android??? Can somebody help

RS2 has a limited release. Not in the US yet. It's for iOS only. There's a very, very, very slim chance it will be available for Android.

tastydelicacy
03-28-14, 10:58 PM
If Restaurant Story has its 2nd version, will Bakery Story 2 come along soon? :)

OnCloudDivine
03-29-14, 12:01 AM
If Restaurant Story has its 2nd version, will Bakery Story 2 come along soon? :)

No. no. Why. No. NO :mad:

nho13
03-29-14, 02:46 AM
In Canada, I didn't get too ... Hope get Restaurant Story 2 soon :)

minidemon88
03-29-14, 05:14 AM
What countries are the game available in?

Asia, Singapore from what I know. I'm from the same country as TS. But it wasn't available in my app store nor did I receive a goal to download it. So I guess it's totally random. Oh well, I still have my old rs, bs and fashion. XD

Sooner or later, all the old games will have their new 3D form. Bakery Story 2, Fashion Story 2 anyone? :p

kooky panda
03-29-14, 02:17 PM
Restaurant 2 is currently only available in the Philippines .(iTunes store)

tastydelicacy
03-30-14, 03:26 AM
Um where exactly is TeamLava from? Because I've heard that the RS2 it didn't come from the States nor from Canada. Usually, apps will be released in their native country right?

chewytwix
03-30-14, 05:41 AM
How did I just notice this today!? This looks TERRIBLE and nothing like the original. It's basically farm story THREE. I know TL says they plan on continuing rs1 updates, but I'll bet things might change a few months down the road...I would be cool with it if there was any actual resemblance. I played fs2 for a bit and EVERYTHING ate gems. Why would I even bother with this one?

TL, do NOT do this horrible thing to bs. I don't want a farm story 4 with bs2.

kooky panda
03-30-14, 12:11 PM
Um where exactly is TeamLava from? Because I've heard that the RS2 it didn't come from the States nor from Canada. Usually, apps will be released in their native country right?
Since I have been playing the TL games, when a game is released on a limited basis, it is normally in other countries besides the US.

(TL is based in US)

Breejan1987
04-03-14, 02:55 PM
If we can't download the game then remove the associated deliveries from my game. 3 of 4 of mine are something I can't even do. Yes, I've discarded them but now am waiting for something new which will still probably include deliveries I can't complete.

bigbux3
04-03-14, 05:11 PM
This game seems difficult to play. I deleted Farm Story 2 because it was difficult to manage my Silo and Barn and also earn a lot, let alone enough coins so I can advance in the game. Getting parts was extremely difficult!
It seems as if in this game, you need to have waiter/waitresses, buy certain supplies to make certain foods, and complete a lot of tasks, while also maintaining a good flow of coins which you need to purchase supplies, and try to remodel and purchase items for your restaurant to make it look better.

WrestlerHouse
04-03-14, 08:29 PM
From the pictures restaurant story 2 is way too cartoonish looking. My restaurant now in RS original is enough, not taking on a second.

ecool54
04-05-14, 07:33 PM
I don't play RS anymore but this is seriously depressing. I like RS and I know a lot of my neighbours in BS play it but if they slowly phase out of RS then what will happen to BS??? I am worried they might make a BS2 and stop BS. AAGRH

bigbux3
04-05-14, 09:58 PM
It seems as if TeamLava always recreates or stops supporting the apps that I really like...
Is anyone actually playing Restaurant Story 2? I would love to see more pictures or get reviews.

Judging by the some of the pictures in the App Store I believe, you have to purchase supplies to cook with, but it takes time to gather them apparently.

Trixie6969
04-06-14, 01:44 PM
Lol....last thing I need is to download another game. I've got a good base of neighbors now in RS, BS, DS Farm & Fashion who exchange gifts & honor requests and don't need visits. I'll just peek into the forums & see how it goes.Just hope I don't lose neighbors & hope the current games aren't affected like Farm & City were.

Still waiting for DS to catch up to IOS , but I guess new games are more important. That's a whole other conversation but learned to not discuss it here....lol.

gotalotaluv
04-06-14, 07:12 PM
I don't u/s why they have to phase one out for the other. It's not even economically sound! If you consider the number of players who spend money on gems for RS1, why abandon that entire market (and yes, TL, we consider 2 updates a year abandonment) to force play on another game (RS2)? Not to mention that Android players won't have the opportunity to even TRY it. I just don't get it. It's almost total disrespect for ongoing loyalty.

Farm Story went the way of the dinosaur, and now they're experimenting with RS. Well, this too may come to pass, but if/when they touch bakery or fashion they will have gone too far. This isn't about ppl not accepting growth or change, it's about a company appreciating the time, energy, & sometimes money that its customers invest. We don't play to be stressed...it's for enjoyment. LET US ENJOY IT...PLEASE!!!

sehana
04-10-14, 05:27 PM
can't wait to try RS2 :)

But the thing is, I''m not that interested in City Metro, Castle & Farm 2... I don't like the energy limits and how long it takes to level up. But at least there are different things to do.

So I'm hoping its just a different version of Rest(1) where we can have different restaurants (leveled (floors) restaurant). I hope that they don't change the way the food is cooked or not too difficult or takes too long to obtain 'parts'.

But do really hope that RS1 will continue to get updates!

asyran2012
04-12-14, 07:37 AM
I'm from singapore. Maybe TL released it first in asia? :confused:

I live in Malaysia (Yes! It's in Asia :p) and I don't see the app in the App Store! :p

MamaBear2515
04-15-14, 12:11 AM
Cant wait till this is released. Just hope they dont abandon rs1 like they did farm story. :(

jhehlah
04-17-14, 10:11 AM
argh! i am not waiting for the release. as i can see from farm story really boring since the time they stopped the update...many times i plan to abandon that but there is more loyal nbrs that is still playing it...if this happen to rs for sure i will not play it too...

seemore123
04-18-14, 12:58 PM
Was on my end.

jhehlah
04-21-14, 04:15 PM
actually, after reading this whole topic last time...feeling bit disappointed and bit lazy..to think it will be same as farm story that after they released the FS2, then released a few updates on FS then no more.

just a few minutes ago seen Mods posted of a coming RS updates(happy) but hope its not the last time.

clk48706
05-08-14, 01:51 PM
How did I just notice this today!? This looks TERRIBLE and nothing like the original. It's basically farm story THREE. I know TL says they plan on continuing rs1 updates, but I'll bet things might change a few months down the road...I would be cool with it if there was any actual resemblance. I played fs2 for a bit and EVERYTHING ate gems. Why would I even bother with this one?

TL, do NOT do this horrible thing to bs. I don't want a farm story 4 with bs2.

Same here! I tried Farm Story & Farm Story 2. Talk about boring games! Took forever to make something to sell it off. Nothing from the pictures would make me install it even for gem offers for the other games I play!

Sorry Team Lava, It looks like a dud to me!

ipaddolo
05-09-14, 07:41 AM
i am not going to play RS2. i dont like the graphic design AT ALL and i already understood the game mechanics will be the same as Farm Story 2.. a very boring and time/gem consuming game. I abandoned Farm Story 2 and im not going even to try Restaurant Story 2. Big NO for me.

Azriemw3
05-12-14, 04:31 AM
what wrong with graphic design
i am not going to play RS2. i dont like the graphic design AT ALL and i already understood the game mechanics will be the same as Farm Story 2.. a very boring and time/gem consuming game. I abandoned Farm Story 2 and im not going even to try Restaurant Story 2. Big NO for me.

Azriemw3
05-12-14, 04:38 AM
same. I can't find any res(2) on google play aslo............make sure add me on bakery story
I live in Malaysia (Yes! It's in Asia :p) and I don't see the app in the App Store! :p

Oliver118
05-15-14, 09:13 AM
No they aren't :(
Hoping it will be the exception & not the rule on this one. RS is too popular & way to addictive for me.

I agree, and I also think this is going a bit too far-I never knew there'd be a Restaurant Story 2!

Oliver118
05-15-14, 09:15 AM
what wrong with graphic design

It's like Farm Story 2 graphically. I just hope in future not every teamlava game will be like this, otherwise you'll lose a customer, TL!

ariesblu
05-24-14, 01:55 PM
This looks ugly.

mollybrown0
05-25-14, 07:44 AM
I have played the first Restaurant Story and I love it, so it was obvious that I would be excited to see the realease of a second version... However, I'm far from impressed.

It looks very time consuming and the cooking/prepeation techniques look very different to the previous Restaurant Story. And I can't get my head around the graphics, it all looks so strange.

I think it's safe to say that I probably won't be playing this one.

pipipooh1977
06-09-14, 07:17 PM

I agree 100%. I hate FS2....I uninstalled it.

amerirish
06-13-14, 08:49 AM
I wanted to check our RS 2 but it's not in the Apple app store. Is it not available on iPhones?

amerirish
06-13-14, 08:50 AM
My bad; I should've read the other threads before posting (shame on me!). I just saw Kooky's post that it's not available worldwide yet. I'll check back later.

asyran2012
07-28-14, 06:46 PM

I don't see myself playing this one either. I played farm story 2 only to get rid of the annoying pop ups. Didn't even complete the goal requiring me to play to level 11 for that other reward of gems ! I have a feeling it will go the way of Farm Story as well. :( Oh well. One more game for me not to play, I suppose.

I'm in Asia as well and the game is still not available in the Asian App Store (or for me, Malaysian App Store :p)
I really do want to try it (Wait, it looks like Farm Story 2! I might take my word back :p)

asyran2012
07-28-14, 06:47 PM
I agree 100%. I hate FS2....I uninstalled it.

Just like what I was thinking as my post on #120 :p

matchbox222
08-16-14, 11:32 PM
So... Are teamlava gonna release all there games like this?

djcarrots
08-20-14, 07:01 AM
A still not available in the App Store (at least not in Canada)... please release soon Teamlava! I can't wait :)

orleansparish
08-20-14, 02:39 PM
We need more ways to earn coins! Checking in every 5-20 minutes to collect ingredients and serve/cook food is NOT the business.

I finally bought the 2nd stove and it will take forever to level up to get the 2nd sandwich maker. I dont even want to know how much the soda machine will cost, considering the 2nd stove was 13000 coins!

This game needs way more fixes than just making the food prettier. I mean really, was that one of yall main priorities?

Yall, just open an itunes account in israel and download the game. Easy peasy.

Ive got accounts in six countries through searching for games. The downside is you cannot buy gems for any games, other than the ones in your home country.

Overall i check into the game everyday and like it, but dont love it yet. And stop knocking farm story 2! While it does suck when you are in the early stages, once you get used to it its super fun. So give it another try, you wont be disappointed! :)

Lastly, i do wish it was more like the original just a tiny bit, which ive gone back to decorating for. In case we get items for this black friday.
f

funny004
09-05-14, 10:55 PM
No original will still have updates dont worry

Stueeeee
10-01-14, 02:44 PM
I love restaurant and bakery story but I'm bored now with the level stuck at 99. Please releas this one in the uk then I can get cracking on it! Ps what's the highest level in this game now?

cpt_jack_sparrow
10-06-14, 11:28 AM
So... Are teamlava gonna release all there games like this?

I hope not. I tried Farm Story 2 and did not like it. I would like the first versions to still be available.

Stueeeee
10-23-14, 10:00 AM
I have just changed my App Store to New Zealand even though I'm in uk and it worked. I now have restaurant story 2. I hope many more people do this so we can get more players and it can be as big as the originals.
Then maybe they can get more feedback and make it awesome like the others, (maybe with higher level)

StarvingPoet
11-07-14, 09:42 PM
I have just changed my App Store to New Zealand even though I'm in uk and it worked. I now have restaurant story 2. I hope many more people do this so we can get more players and it can be as big as the originals.
Then maybe they can get more feedback and make it awesome like the others, (maybe with higher level)

I did this with my iPod and it worked perfectly. Thank you for the advice. I'm loving the game so far. :)

ditzygypsy2
11-08-14, 06:38 PM
I'm sorry if this is the wrong spot to ask this, but I need to make 3 apple pies to bring my star rating (not the social heart rating--the new star rating) up so I can learn one of the recipes that requires it, and I can't find the apple pie recipe. I'm on level 35. And we can't see what the locked recipes are, so can anyone tell me what level the apple pie recipe appears in? Thank you. ID Ditzygypsy2.

orleansparish
11-08-14, 09:37 PM
I'm sorry if this is the wrong spot to ask this, but I need to make 3 apple pies to bring my star rating (not the social heart rating--the new star rating) up so I can learn one of the recipes that requires it, and I can't find the apple pie recipe. I'm on level 35. And we can't see what the locked recipes are, so can anyone tell me what level the apple pie recipe appears in? Thank you. ID Ditzygypsy2.

I also am stalled here. I think the pie comes at level 37, when we can unlock that fruit garden. I thought it was on the chateau oven but the garden makes more sense. Since we can't get the fruit anywhere else. I want that surf and turf recipe!

orleansparish
11-08-14, 09:38 PM

I've been trying to tell players this for months. From way back when farm 2 came out. It's been imagined to be the most complicated thing in the world, but Is really quite easy. Dork I am, I just opened a Swedish iTunes account to download the new Fairytale game. Before that I went over to Israel to download this one. And the phillipines to get the forest monster game thingy.

lildvl91
12-03-14, 04:53 AM
When is this one coming for iOS to the U.S.? Been waiting months.. They can't still be testing it. They release other games quickly it seems. Fairytale is in the App Store here as of today.

KimWill
11-20-15, 06:03 PM
I can get it on my Galaxy S3 but not Samsung tab 4. Hope it comes soon.