PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Dragon - EXPIRED

kafeole
02-22-14, 08:31 AM
When it started, I thought it was fun, better than battling my dragons and keep losing. With mining, you just keep breeding and get bombs/ dynamites. The rewards are useful too: platinum dragons, expansions, fruits or coins. But now I have 2 Platinums, and about to get another one, which is way too many (i think!). Can I suggest that you create a system where we could trade dragons with friends, or trade our rare or super rare dragons with other ones which we don't have? That would be great!:o

MakJulos
02-23-14, 12:49 AM
I only want one of each dragon really so haven't bothered crafting a 2nd one even if the parts are piling up more and more - i think it would've been nice adding a few more Platinum dragons, new variations craftable with a combination of these parts and gems, would give a nice use for leftover parts.

And who knows TL, some may even buy gold so they could mine more, now wouldn't THAT be something?:D

teleport391
03-18-14, 02:13 PM
i already got the Platinum dragon, Should i continue to collect Platinum Ingots to craft the next dragon? Or the next dragons are going to require a different component???? Does anybody knows?

rhinestoneisland
03-21-14, 08:16 PM
It's says limited time now, 4 days. What is going to happen in 4 days? A new dragon or no more mining??

eshuman17
03-22-14, 01:23 AM
Is the next dragon going to require platinum ingots too? I have 130 ingots on my way to a second dragon, and there is no way I can get another 70 by Tuesday.

LilMzB4Life
03-22-14, 03:30 AM
I hope this is extended past the time given. I still need 60 more ingots just to craft my first Platinum. It wouldn't be so bad if we were all given this feature sooner. IJS

cdbabe
03-22-14, 03:36 AM
Wha will happen to our ingot? Can we still use it for the next dragon?

Or going to wasted parts again in my storage:-(

blueshifted
03-22-14, 10:29 AM
i'd like to know too, only recently got to the mining level and there is no way I can get there in time. :/

ciarjen
03-22-14, 10:40 AM
I hope this is extended past the time given. I still need 60 more ingots just to craft my first Platinum. It wouldn't be so bad if we were all given this feature sooner. IJS

i'd like to know too, only recently got to the mining level and there is no way I can get there in time. :/

In my second account I have been stuck with not having the 1.5 million needed to expand and as there is a max of 25 bombs, I have not been able to collect the bombs I need.

So now I just have over a 100 parts for the dragon and no way of getting enough bombs in a few days to mine the rest.

If I had known that this was going to go limited I could have planned for it.

Better communication from TL would have been appreciated. Thanks.

sheardear
03-22-14, 02:09 PM
I'm really disappointed that this has gone limited already, some of us have only just gotten this feature, whereas those on the beta have had it for ages. I have 107 parts so won't have nearly enough by the end. Plus some of the dragons are so expensive to feed, I plant 20 hour crops (I used to plant diamondates until I went broke planting them) so it takes a while to get great numbers of them I've just put black knight in to evolve and wiped out 62500 crops just from going to l9 to l10
Will probably have to use gold if I want to get this dragon

GoodyTwoShoes2
03-22-14, 03:06 PM
I only want one of each dragon really so haven't bothered crafting a 2nd one even if the parts are piling up more and more - i think it would've been nice adding a few more Platinum dragons, new variations craftable with a combination of these parts and gems, would give a nice use for leftover parts.

And who knows TL, some may even buy gold so they could mine more, now wouldn't THAT be something?:D

I went ahead and made my 2nd & 3rd Dragon and then I sent one to the Trade Shop.

LemonadeMouth173
03-22-14, 03:47 PM
I dont wanna upset any1 but theres a problem here: there r ppl who already got it( BETA) and us who just got it few weeks ago. And doesnt seem fair for any of us. They dont want it anymore and we want to make at least one. Is not an easy decision for TL. U can make ingots the general parts for every mine dragon and every1 can choose what dragon he/ she wants.Is not very easy to evolve dragons, many of us have most of them epics.

finnth12
03-22-14, 04:46 PM
Got 1 already, and not going to make a second one. Thanks to the double bombs and dynamite event.

belbar22
03-22-14, 05:13 PM
I dont wanna upset any1 but theres a problem here: there r ppl who already got it( BETA) and us who just got it few weeks ago. And doesnt seem fair for any of us. They dont want it anymore and we want to make at least one. Is not an easy decision for TL. U can make ingots the general parts for every mine dragon and every1 can choose what dragon he/ she wants.Is not very easy to evolve dragons, many of us have most of them epics.

Totally agree. I was in the last group of people to get it and most of my dragons were on level 7 or 8 if they were not epic so I had to do a lot of feeding to get them ready to evolve to epic. I have just started crafting on both my accounts but it has been close and I play hourly to battle and plant food. I think it is being removed too soon.

eshuman17
03-22-14, 07:54 PM

I only got the mining feature a few weeks ago and I am already working on my second platinum dragon. I will probably get a second before it ends on Tuesday.

SenseiNJ
03-22-14, 08:35 PM
I only got the mining feature a few weeks ago, but was able to craft one platinum dragon and still collect enough ingots for another easily during that time. I'm hoping we do get a new dragon, but I don't think it's necessary to remove the platinum dragon. LemonadeMouth's suggestion seems sensible. The only way I don't see it being possible is if they remove ingots and introduce a new item for crafting.

sheardear
03-23-14, 08:08 AM
I've just got my mum starting to play DS and she has to evolve her dragons 3 times, but Ive been playing this game since it was released and only have to evolve twice why is this? I'm quite happy only evolving twice but it kinda holds me up when mining as I have to get my dragons to either l6 or l10 most are at l7 so it takes a ton of food to evolve them why r we not equal?

MakJulos
03-23-14, 08:13 AM
I've just got my mum starting to play DS and she has to evolve her dragons 3 times, but Ive been playing this game since it was released and only have to evolve twice why is this? I'm quite happy only evolving twice but it kinda holds me up when mining as I have to get my dragons to either l6 or l10 most are at l7 so it takes a ton of food to evolve them why r we not equal?

Huh? I thought everyone evolved 3->4, 6->7, 9->10... I could definetly live with only evolving twice lol :)

doublescream
03-23-14, 09:46 AM
I don't have to evolve dragons between level 3 & 4. I loved it before, but now it's almost a curse. Even if I plant upgrapes every ten minutes there's absolutely no way for me to keep my evolution temple busy, and therefore, no way for me to get as many bombs as I would need.

Right now, I have 150 platinum ingots. My mum (who evolves between lvl 3 and 4) has 150 ingots too -- and two platinum dragons. I play more than she does. Please TL, find a way to make the bomb-receiving more fair! (Or at least prolong the time limit on mining platinum ingots.)

kooky panda
03-23-14, 10:27 AM
Players that started playing the game when it was first released were grandfathered when the evolving changed to 3 times. So these players only evolve twice.

metsfreek
03-23-14, 12:30 PM
I wish they would of extended the time and/or at least made this a 2x loot weekend as well. They could of gave a warning far in advance as well. Considering how long it takes to get this dragon and it's not simply based on the luck of the breed.

tromalyt
03-23-14, 03:48 PM
Is this true? I have not received any notification.
Also, were we limited to 25 bombs? That may explain why I am behind.

kooky panda
03-23-14, 04:02 PM
Is this true? I have not received any notification.
Also, were we limited to 25 bombs? That may explain why I am behind.
I am sorry but yes it is true.
You were limited to only be able to hold 25 bombs at a time.

eshuman17
03-23-14, 04:50 PM
I really hope we can still use platinum ingots to craft the next dragon, or at least have a use for the ones we have left over.

Sparkly888
03-23-14, 04:55 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the timer for Platinum Dragon and the Egyptian Adventure end the same time?

I'm 80 platinum ingots short of crafting my second platinum dragon. Real glad I didn't pay extra gold to buy more bombs!

tromalyt
03-23-14, 05:20 PM
I am sorry but yes it is true.
You were limited to only be able to hold 25 bombs at a time.

Thanks,

I already have my platinum. :D I was only missing 20 ingots, so with a evolving rush plus 5 extra bombs I bought for 24 gold I finally got my 200 ingots.

On a plus note, I got my first Crusader, yay!

tromalyt
03-23-14, 05:23 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the timer for Platinum Dragon and the Egyptian Adventure end the same time?

Nope, I do not have any timer for platinum dragon. :(

EDIT: Oh, now I see it. :D Sorry, my bad.

cosmoqueen
03-24-14, 01:25 AM
I'm glad that I could manage to get platinum dragon in both my devices... I usually don't have enough time to do this special events

freesiawoods
03-24-14, 07:34 AM
So disappointed that it is yet again a limited time quest which I have no chance of completing. Going to have more obsolete parts in inventory.

ChristianCrow
03-24-14, 01:35 PM
Does ANYONE know what's going to happen with the bombs or platinum ingots we ALREADY have?? Is TL going to replace the platinum dragon with a new one with new parts? I don't know if I should use all of my bombs right now (even though I wouldn't have enough to craft a second platinum dragon)) or hold on to them && use them after Tuesday ((for new parts - for a new dragon))?!!

This hasn't really been discussed && it would really help to know something!!

sand
03-24-14, 02:42 PM
I can't get this baby without spending some gold. I'm 11 ingots short of the required 200, but all out of bombs.
Tired of the 2-bomb fails, I put my Sentinel dragon (which I think was a 16hr hatch) into the temple only to find that it needs 36hrs to evolve!!! I can't wait for that with less than a day left.
I can either:
(a) spend 44 gold to buy the remaining 11 ingots,
(b) spend 40 gold to buy 10 bombs, or
(c) spend anywhere from 12-36 gold to speed the Sentinel through the temple and hope it gives me enough bombs to mine 11 ingots.
What to do? What to do?

sand
03-24-14, 02:47 PM
Can anybody tell me how many bombs to expect after evolving Sentinel?

sand
03-24-14, 02:53 PM
Okay, I'm confused. It wasn't Sentinel I put in the temple; it was Dynasty! No wonder!...

So... Any idea how many bombs I would get for that evolution? 36hrs. Super Rare. Unbreedable.

dragonangel05
03-24-14, 02:53 PM

bravewarrior
03-24-14, 04:35 PM
I feel *****ed out of gold. My game crashes soooo quickly since the last update. I have an iPod 4G and I lost two bombs today or three ingots. That's on top of the ones I lost since I started as a Beta tester. It's frustrating because I ended up spending eight more pieces of gold to get my 200 ingots on top of the gold I spent for bombs. Is there anyway your IT department can dummy down the graphics like they did for Farm 2?

aegontheconqueror
03-24-14, 08:00 PM
I got mine with about 24 hours to spare! It's crafting now. I got three bombs this morning, and I used one of them to go from 199 to 200. Now, I'm thinking I should conserve my bombs so I can collect whatever comes next, just in case it's not platinum ingots.

tromalyt
03-25-14, 03:38 AM
I have just collected pears from my seven farms.

Now I have 2774 coins.

I planted diamondates, since it is only 6 hours left.

GO, GO, Go!!!!!

sheardear
03-25-14, 04:02 AM
I have a question, if I start crafting platinum now will he still be there at end as only 6 hours left to go, will have to use gold so don't want to waste gold if platinum suddenly disappears thanks

kooky panda
03-25-14, 05:21 AM
I have a question, if I start crafting platinum now will he still be there at end as only 6 hours left to go, will have to use gold so don't want to waste gold if platinum suddenly disappears thanks

Once you have it crafting you are safe. It will not disappear after you start crafting the dragon.

sheardear
03-25-14, 05:44 AM
Thanks very much for replying kooky, will go ahead and start crafting.

mermaidzen
03-25-14, 06:45 AM
Anyone know what will be coming next in the mine

sapphirecross
03-25-14, 07:22 AM
I'm getting about 1 bomb for every 4 hours evolution time, so a 5 hour evolve gives 1 bomb. 8 hour evolve gives 2. 12 hour gives 3, etc. But sometimes I get extra. It doesn't seem to matter how rare, I got extra for a common but not a super rare. Anyone with better numbers? Since it's 4 gold each platinum bar to buy them at crafting screen, but buying the bombs can cost 4-8 gold each but give an uncertain number of platinum bars per bomb, it seems like just buying the last bars needed at crafting screen is a good deal, unless buying the 10 bombs for 40g package if you generally get 2 platinum bars per try.

sapphirecross
03-25-14, 07:25 AM
I can't get this baby without spending some gold. I'm 11 ingots short of the required 200, but all out of bombs.
Tired of the 2-bomb fails, I put my Sentinel dragon (which I think was a 16hr hatch) into the temple only to find that it needs 36hrs to evolve!!! I can't wait for that with less than a day left.
I can either:
(c) spend anywhere from 12-36 gold to speed the Sentinel through the temple and hope it gives me enough bombs to mine 11 ingots.
What to do? What to do?

Not sure what you decided Sand but I think 36 hours should give you at least 9 bombs, plus maybe more for time speeding up. Not sure about speeding with gold, only just started paying attention to try to figure it out.

mmk888
03-25-14, 08:27 AM
You get one per four hours. If it's a five hour, the extra gets carried over so a three hour would add to that to give you a bomb. Same as in the Egyptian event etc where you plant the 10 minute plants - you eventually get enough for an hour's part.

mmk888
03-25-14, 08:28 AM
I can either:
What to do? What to do?
My advice would be to speed up. Same resulting bombs but you get the evolution as we'll :)

ChristianCrow
03-25-14, 09:15 AM
Does ANYONE know what's going to happen with the bombs or platinum ingots we ALREADY have?? Is TL going to replace the platinum dragon with a new one with new parts?
I don't know if I should use all of my bombs right now (even though I wouldn't have enough to craft a second platinum dragon)) or hold on to them && use them after Tuesday ((for new parts - for a new dragon))?!!

ciarjen
03-25-14, 09:36 AM
Does ANYONE know what's going to happen with the bombs or platinum ingots we ALREADY have?? Is TL going to replace the platinum dragon with a new one with new parts?
I don't know if I should use all of my bombs right now (even though I wouldn't have enough to craft a second platinum dragon)) or hold on to them && use them after Tuesday ((for new parts - for a new dragon))?!!

My guess is that they only rolled out this feature to everyone because they had decided it was here to stay so there will be more.....but that is just a guess ;)

sand
03-25-14, 09:43 AM
I can either:
What to do? What to do?

(*Note: The evolving dragon was actually the 36hr Dynasty; not Sentinel.)

Most satisfying solution was option C. I waited until only 90 minutes were left to mine for platinum ingots, then sped the last 13 hours of the Dynasty evolution, getting 9 bombs. 7 bombs yielded 12 ingots, 3050 food and 3100 coins. Platinum dragon is now crafting in my Spell Shop! Total gold expenditure was 13 bars.
"Plati"...
"Plati"...

belbar22
03-25-14, 09:52 AM
(*Note: The evolving dragon was actually the 36hr Dynasty; not Sentinel.)

Most satisfying solution was option C. I waited until only 90 minutes were left to mine for platinum ingots, then sped the last 13 hours of the Dynasty evolution, getting 9 bombs. 7 bombs yielded 12 ingots, 3050 food and 3100 coins. Platinum dragon is now crafting in my Spell Shop! Total gold expenditure was 13 bars.
"Plati"...
"Plati"...

Congrats.

amerirish
03-25-14, 10:30 AM
I just watched the countdown on the platinum dragon in the mine and when it was up, it just says "Expired" with a picture of a padlock.

Lesimony
03-25-14, 10:59 AM
I really hope they don't mean they are just locking that side for good. I and a lot of other people have been saving bombs the last few days to use for the next prize.

eshuman17
03-25-14, 11:14 AM
I hope we get a new dragon to craft today, I have been saving up bombs and I'm almost at the limit.

XperiaXYZ
03-25-14, 11:14 AM
I really hope they don't mean they are just locking that side for good. I and a lot of other people have been saving bombs the last few days to use for the next prize.

Number of bombs stored is limited to 25.
That is 100 hours of evolution time.

jus7_me89
03-25-14, 11:15 AM
they already released 2 dragons today. the new mining dragon will be the attraction for friday ( i guess )

eshuman17
03-25-14, 11:36 AM
they already released 2 dragons today. the new mining dragon will be the attraction for friday ( i guess )

If this is true, then why did the platinum dragon expire today? They should have made it expire on Friday instead. :(

Lesimony
03-25-14, 12:48 PM

Number of bombs stored is limited to 25.
That is 100 hours of evolution time.

Yep. And I am at the max. Had been saving them since it was announced that Platinum was going to be retired.

midnightmeerkat
03-25-14, 03:09 PM
If this is true, then why did the platinum dragon expire today? They should have made it expire on Friday instead. :(

See this thread. Now mining for Amber dragon http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?66860-Mining-Amber-Dragon

sapphirecross
03-26-14, 01:33 PM
You get one per four hours. If it's a five hour, the extra gets carried over so a three hour would add to that to give you a bomb. Same as in the Egyptian event etc where you plant the 10 minute plants - you eventually get enough for an hour's part.

Oh!!!! I get it - thanks! I couldn't figure out where the extra came from :)
I thought if it was more hours I got nothing, that's great it remembers :)

sand
03-30-14, 01:02 AM

There is no extra carrying over for me. I got only 3 bombs this morning for Laserlight(15hrs) and 4 bombs just now for Lacewing (18hrs). Also, dragons that evolve in less than 4hrs have given me NO bombs. If they did, all those Air dragons we bought and hatched for the Egyptian event would have been handily converted to bombs. No such luck.