PDA

View Full Version : Crashes

Wollstonecraft
03-21-14, 12:17 PM
Was really hoping that the recent maintenance would fix the game crashes I've been experiencing but it's worse than ever now. My game crashes every few seconds making it impossible to play :(. I know TL is aware of the problem and it is posted in the problems and issues page, but I don't feel like they are making the issue a priority.

I love updates and new story lines as much as the next girl but if our games aren't stable then we can't enjoy the new content.

I've tried all the suggested fixes but nothing helps.

Anyone else out there in Castle Story land feeling frustrated too? Please discuss....

ShibuyaCloth
03-21-14, 12:48 PM
I have the same issue, one of my castle is on a iPad 1, thus very limited on memory. In order to play more then 30 seconds I need to be very strict in what I do:

iOS version:
1) Force close all applications
a) double hit the home button
b) Hold your finger on one of the application icon (+/- 3 seconds) until the (-) overlay icon appears
c) hit the (-) on each application, until every single one is gone from the list
2) Start the game
3) Wait is has fully synchronized (wait 5-10 seconds in the game)
4) Start harvesting or doing something, but only 1 type of action at the time

If you want to enter a production, quest, market menu. Wait until harvesting is finished and the game has synchronized with the server. Someone one the board mentioned you can force it by visiting a neighbor. Only enter a menu for action when all other activities are finished, otherwise the game has high chance to crash.

Hope ti helps

eepopp
03-21-14, 01:15 PM
Someone one the board mentioned you can force it by visiting a neighbor. Only enter a menu for action when all other activities are finished, otherwise the game has high chance to crash.

I have three Castle Story accounts, and on the account on my iPod Touch, I can only visit neighbors or kingdoms that are low level. If/when I visit high level kingdoms that have lots of "stuff", I found that my iPod Touch will most likely crash.

That said, I have found the game experience of crashing frequently so unpleasant and frustrating on the iPod Touch 4th Gen, that I've abandoned playing regularly on that device. It's now just a gifting and request-fulfillment account, and is only level 19.

PikaSquirrel
03-21-14, 01:55 PM
Sorry to hear you are experiencing crashes in the game. It seems you are playing on an older device. As ShibuyaCloth mentioned, you'll want to close out all applications running in the background of your device first before you open the game. Then, you will want to wait until everything loads before you start queuing up actions in the game. If you start playing the game before everything loads, your device will experience memory issues and close the game.

Give your game time to load everything and try to play slower in the beginning, after a while you may be able to play normally without crashing.

doobievilla
03-21-14, 03:08 PM
I didnt crash but had just collected from Adventure and then got a wierd hesitation.. i looked at castle and it was showing to be collected from.. Bonus)

Wollstonecraft
03-21-14, 09:00 PM
Sorry to hear you are experiencing crashes in the game. It seems you are playing on an older device. As ShibuyaCloth mentioned, you'll want to close out all applications running in the background of your device first before you open the game. Then, you will want to wait until everything loads before you start queuing up actions in the game. If you start playing the game before everything loads, your device will experience memory issues and close the game.

Give your game time to load everything and try to play slower in the beginning, after a while you may be able to play normally without crashing.

Yes, I've done all these things. Doesn't help.

Wollstonecraft
03-21-14, 09:02 PM
I have the same issue, one of my castle is on a iPad 1, thus very limited on memory. In order to play more then 30 seconds I need to be very strict in what I do:

iOS version:
1) Force close all applications
a) double hit the home button
b) Hold your finger on one of the application icon (+/- 3 seconds) until the (-) overlay icon appears
c) hit the (-) on each application, until every single one is gone from the list
2) Start the game
3) Wait is has fully synchronized (wait 5-10 seconds in the game)
4) Start harvesting or doing something, but only 1 type of action at the time

If you want to enter a production, quest, market menu. Wait until harvesting is finished and the game has synchronized with the server. Someone one the board mentioned you can force it by visiting a neighbor. Only enter a menu for action when all other activities are finished, otherwise the game has high chance to crash.

Hope ti helps

Appreciate you taking the time to reply. Have tried all you've suggested and no luck :(

ShibuyaCloth
03-22-14, 02:27 AM
It is not perfect, but at least I can play a little. There are some actions that are very hard to do if not impossible:

1) Visiting neighbors (except very low level with few buildings)
2) Use my Tinker Camp
3) Starting a Quest

With each game addition it becomes more difficult to play. Still with time I can progress, I even hit level 36 on this account (not my primary, though).

jtm101
03-22-14, 05:53 AM
+1 I have the same issues with my iPod Touch 4 account, which i have tried to stop play on. If i do have a go on it i frequently crash when visiting big neighbours. I usually crash it 3 or more times in a 5 minute session.

jannywanny86
03-23-14, 03:25 AM
mine always crashes when I visit certain kingdoms, usually if they have way to much stuff in it

angela3737
03-23-14, 07:17 AM
Mine crashes on itouch 4 when I try to make anything on any shop or do start an adventure ..I do the usual force close .,shut device l.lno help really ..but TL got farm 2 to work better so maybe hope for castle ..

PikaSquirrel
03-24-14, 12:13 AM
Sorry to hear that you still experience these crashes. You may experience this issue as you expand and add more on your board while playing on an older device. Storing a few items in your Kingdom that you are not using may help with these crashes as well.

ShibuyaCloth
03-24-14, 01:51 AM
I did store all items that are not necessary for quests or resources. Now I chopping down the remaining trees and picking on the few rocks left. I seems to get a little better, but...