PDA

View Full Version : Quick Technicao ?

ElaineCarrel
03-20-14, 01:49 PM
If I wanted 2 quote from 2 different ppl, like numerous ppl d in their posts, how do I do it? I've looked all over 4 instructions as 2 how 2 do it and I've been unable 2 find the instructions.
Also how do u create a signature line?
Thanks.

maguar
03-20-14, 01:56 PM
If you see the speech bubble with a plus symbol (next to the reply with quote) click it on the quotes you want to quote. When you go to the last quote you want to quote click the reply with quote button.

kooky panda
03-20-14, 02:08 PM
The FAQ (http://forums.storm8.com/faq.php)has alot of information on forum features.

TinksThots
03-21-14, 05:41 AM
Quote the first person, copy the content from the box, cancel the post, then quote the next person, and paste the first quote into the box with that one, so you'll have them both in the same box. In other words, make the post you're working on look like this:

If I wanted 2 quote from 2 different ppl, like numerous ppl d in their posts, how do I do it? I've looked all over 4 instructions as 2 how 2 do it and I've been unable 2 find the instructions.
Thanks.

If you see the speech bubble with a plus symbol (next to the reply with quote) click it on the quotes you want to quote. When you go to the last quote you want to quote click the reply with quote button.

And it'll show up like this:

Thanks.

Then just add whatever you'd like to say as usual after whichever quote you're replying to. :-)

You make a sig through your profile - up top, hit My Profile, then pick the signature option on the left.

{*^_^*}

bobbyrae
03-21-14, 07:57 AM
Oh grief, Tink!!! Maguar's suggestion is so much easier.
There is a little quote bubble with a plus sign below each post, see?

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/9f750158b4fc5d30db0f54d2358f64e4.jpg

You click on that for all, but the last of the posts you want to quote. The last post you wish to quote you hit the "reply with quote" button and all the posts will be quoted.

TinksThots
03-21-14, 11:56 AM

<snip pic>

You click on that for all, but the last of the posts you want to quote. The last post you wish to quote you hit the "reply with quote" button and all the posts will be quoted.
Holy moly, it totally does huh... I've never used that button before, I always just copied what I wanted to quote, and I usually type out my own tags anyway so I never worried about it lol. (^_^)

Yeah, listen to ^her^, not me, much less complicated. XD

Thanks.

Also, the order in which you hit the little buttons on the posts is the order in which the quotes will show up in your post, handy tidbit to know ahead of time, for convenience's sake. =D

P.S. I was still right about the sig part though so there. :D

bobbyrae
03-21-14, 01:11 PM
Lol. Something new every day. You were right about the signature :)

One more thing you should remember about that little button. Sometimes it can stick. So, sometimes if you are replying again to something else in that same thread it may copy all the posts you selected before. So sometimes you have to go back and just uncheck the posts you selected.

ElaineCarrel
03-21-14, 03:47 PM

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/9f750158b4fc5d30db0f54d2358f64e4.jpg

Holy moly, it totally does huh... I've never used that button before, I always just copied what I wanted to quote, and I usually type out my own tags anyway so I never worried about it lol. (^_^)

Yeah, listen to ^her^, not me, much less

P.S. I was still right about the sig part though so there. :D

One more thing you should remember about that little button. Sometimes it can stick. So, sometimes if you are replying again to something else in that same thread it may copy all the posts you selected before. So sometimes you have to go back and just uncheck the posts you selected.

Thanks all! I learned something new 2day.
okay the thread can b closed now.