PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 03/20/2014 Update Troll Tribe Part 1

Pages : 1 [2]

katbtodd
03-22-14, 06:36 AM
Where are y'all getting all these boars from? I've had 7 total, one from the mine at the beginning and then the six from the goal. I've gotten 1 tusk. None have shown up since I placed the swamp yesterday. I don't have any lurking creatures. I feel like I'm playing a different game or something! :/
Every time I collect water, glimmer trove , sir piggy ,, he's there... I have 4 glimmer trove I got him twice. He's still waiting there for my energy to build back up... And I have not got my swap yet... I hear the chances are less after you place the swap.... But I really don't know....

ciarjen
03-22-14, 06:51 AM
Where are y'all getting all these boars from? I've had 7 total, one from the mine at the beginning and then the six from the goal. I've gotten 1 tusk. None have shown up since I placed the swamp yesterday. I don't have any lurking creatures. I feel like I'm playing a different game or something! :/

I've not placed the swamp yet following advice from earlier in the thread as the boars seem to show up until the swamp is placed.

AVAL0NIAN
03-22-14, 07:11 AM
Yes, I've not placed my swamp pond yet. Still awaiting my troll pit. Looks like we should stock up on the tusks and feral magic. Just found my 3rd pouch.

jptheripper
03-22-14, 07:49 AM
10 tusks, no feral magic, thanks for the advice on not placing the swamp

Queenzod
03-22-14, 07:51 AM
Not much help for those of us who did place the swamp. Looks like I'm out for any chance of getting these boar items. Darn!

ninjalejones
03-22-14, 08:37 AM
I've placed the pond and had a boar pop up after so they're not gone, just not harrassing you in every corner of the kingdom

mamareader02
03-22-14, 08:40 AM
Not much help for those of us who did place the swamp. Looks like I'm out for any chance of getting these boar items. Darn!

Yeah,wished I has known that earlier,even put swamp in storage ,but they seemed to have moved on!

Anyuszko
03-22-14, 09:09 AM
Guys, I have been reading thru these posts but Still not clear. When do these dire boars stop appearing?

- after visiting troll pit second time
- after placing swampy pond (but not built up)
- after building up pond and finishing whole questline

I am b4 the second visit now, boars appearing like crazy now (almost after each visit on any pond), but drops are rare and also very energy consuming thing to fight them

ciarjen
03-22-14, 09:31 AM
Yeah,wished I has known that earlier,even put swamp in storage ,but they seemed to have moved on!

On the other hand, they are an extraordinary energy drain - most of my energy the last 24 hours has gone on boars - and the drops are very. I am mostly getting fur, creep tooth and bones, so I am considering moving on with the quest.

Castloninian
03-22-14, 10:02 AM
Guys, I have been reading thru these posts but Still not clear. When do these dire boars stop appearing?

I am b4 the second visit now, boars appearing like crazy now (almost after each visit on any pond), but drops are rare and also very energy consuming thing to fight them

I believe it is when you do step 8. My troll pit is ready to be collected from but I am holding off until I've got a few more feral magic bags. I am aiming for 5 as they are so rare.

pipsqueak203
03-22-14, 10:16 AM
I just had a dire boar pop up after collecting from a sparkling mine and I've placed the swamp.

sluppies
03-22-14, 10:25 AM
No matter how many buildings, or mushrooms I collect from I still can't get a troll. Not going to hack any rocks as I'm maxed out on all things stone! Could be a long quest!

Queenzod
03-22-14, 11:40 AM

Mine stopped showing up before I made the elixir. I just got one now collecting from sparkling mine. It gave me a fur. So, for me, there was the one that started the quest, the six that Thurston messed with, and then nothing until this am.

And, yes, they are a giant energy suckage. I lost 4 on the one this morning, followed by a fangbeast that cost me 3. Tres irritating.

GC5410
03-22-14, 11:46 AM

I've placed my swamp, but not built it, and I'm still getting lots of boars.

belbar22
03-22-14, 11:52 AM
I am waiting for my last visit to troll pits and they appear about 1 in 5 collections. They are real energy drains and I only rarely get any bones and have only has 2 magic pouches. Don't like them already!!!

oliverrr11
03-22-14, 12:00 PM
Mine stopped showing up before I made the elixir. I just got one now collecting from sparkling mine. It gave me a fur. So, for me, there was the one that started the quest, the six that Thurston messed with, and then nothing until this am.

And, yes, they are a giant energy suckage. I lost 4 on the one this morning, followed by a fangbeast that cost me 3. Tres irritating.

You gemmed over the parts that have them. I am an hour away from 3rd troll pit collection and this one day wait period is full of them. Just about every pond, well, glimmerdust trove, sparkling mine even pigglesworth. Can't move without triggering one.

Queenzod
03-22-14, 12:25 PM
You gemmed over the parts that have them. I am an hour away from 3rd troll pit collection and this one day wait period is full of them. Just about every pond, well, glimmerdust trove, sparkling mine even pigglesworth. Can't move without triggering one.

I don't think I did. Did I? I went from Thurston to giving the stuff, crafting the elixir and then the troll pit. Maybe I did gem that part, so I would have missed all the collecting until the pit ripened again. So, my bad. :). At least I saved all that energy.

ginrae22
03-22-14, 12:31 PM
I think I missed what triggers board. I've only had the one so far and I need to **** 6. Any tips for triggering them ?!

Castloninian
03-22-14, 12:32 PM
I think I missed what triggers board. I've only had the one so far and I need to **** 6. Any tips for triggering them ?!

Wells, ponds, glimmerdust troves, Sir P, Ivy's hut...

ginrae22
03-22-14, 12:38 PM
Thanks I literally just found that ponds seem to be the trick so far.

rabsos
03-22-14, 02:03 PM
I'm still getting one every time I collect from a well or pond..I'm still working in getting more living wood my stock is very low and as luck would have it they are not dropping when I need them...ugh

FlowerBurst
03-22-14, 02:14 PM
Come look at my kingdom... I have serious space for more stuff... The only "crowding" I have is trees and I could move some around but they are surrounding my "forest areas"... I have two library's and two theaters. My animals aren't crowded although I don't have them all out because I don't need them. I rarely hit a gem trap and the only time I have in the past ten plus months (2x) has been because I hadn't fully woken up yet and so was playing half asleep... Not good!

I have more roads then I've seen in any if my neighbours and I was maxed at walls but I haven't added any since the last update... I have set aside room by my troll pit for the swamp and I have a ton of space in the middle of my kingdom as well as a large chunk by my "nest"....

I'm always maxed on flowers and hate the bobbing watering can so I only pull out the flowers I need at the point I need them.

So I'm just not getting it?!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, a huge part of the pleasure I obtain from the game is to be able to decorate my kingdom in a way that makes me happy. I am unable to do that without extra room. Do I NEED it to play the game well? No. Do I WANT it? Yes. To each his own. What is a priority for one, may not be for another. So, if someone is extremely frustrated because he/she does not have enough room, they should be able to express that, even though everyone will not agree and may even think it is over****. You don't have to GET it. I'm sure we have all visited kingdoms that are a pleasure to visit, and others that make us cringe because of the disorganization! It is not a contest!

caramel411
03-22-14, 02:31 PM
Thurston's fort, Magic Garden and Tablet triggers boars too

jptheripper
03-22-14, 02:38 PM
im a cringe kingdom. Mostly smashed together, some out of place. No roads, no walls. And i don't post on walls. Its just not part of the game I care to play

meemaw48
03-22-14, 02:41 PM
How do I start a thread? New at this and old Meemaw needs help!!!

meemaw48
03-22-14, 02:52 PM
Can someone out in game land help a Meemaw???? Please:(

m1stery
03-22-14, 02:58 PM
Can someone out in game land help a Meemaw???? Please:(

Go on the first page (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?108-Castle-Story-Discussions) and on the top or the bottom of that page you can see a button that says + Post New Thread.

maguar
03-22-14, 03:06 PM
I've placed but not built my swamp and the dire boars are still coming in droves. I think I'm getting close to a dozen and I've only been playing an hour this morning. If they dropped troll essence for me it wouldn't be so bad. I think they're actually smart. They're ambushing any trolls I'd normally get and hiding the essence. Wish I hadn't stocked up on armour recently :(

Queenzod
03-22-14, 03:18 PM
I've placed but not built my swamp and the dire boars are still coming in droves. I think I'm getting close to a dozen and I've only been playing an hour this morning. If they dropped troll essence for me it wouldn't be so bad. I think they're actually smart. They're ambushing any trolls I'd normally get and hiding the essence. Wish I hadn't stocked up on armour recently :(

I did get one troll essence yesterday from my swamp. I keep hoping for a repeat performance, but nada so far. Still, it ripens every 15 minutes so there's lots of opportunities to try!

maguar
03-22-14, 03:30 PM
I did get one troll essence yesterday from my swamp. I keep hoping for a repeat performance, but nada so far. Still, it ripens every 15 minutes so there's lots of opportunities to try!

I can't wait to get it built but I'm 0/10 troll essences to build it so its going to take awhile as the boars are sabotaging me. Well the last laugh is on them as I'm going to send Thurston after them and we're gonna have a dire boar bacon party.

Queenzod
03-22-14, 03:32 PM
I can't wait to get it built but I'm 0/10 troll essences to build it so its going to take awhile as the boars are sabotaging me. Well the last laugh is on them as I'm going to send Thurston after them and we're gonna have a dire boar bacon party.

You go get 'em, Maguar! You show 'em who's boss! :)

maguar
03-22-14, 03:36 PM
Lol. I collected from sir pig and for the first collection in awhile I didn't get a boar but I did get bacon. I figured they'd heard my threat and were laying low. I collected from a couple of royal/special buildings to trigger a troll but got a boar from the tablet. Yep they'd lulled me into a false sense of security. So who's the boss? Well it wasn't really tony danza and it doesn't look like it's me :)

FlowerBurst
03-22-14, 03:43 PM
im a cringe kingdom. Mostly smashed together, some out of place. No roads, no walls. And i don't post on walls. Its just not part of the game I care to play

I love that... a cringe kingdom! But, that's my point--to each his own! We can't place judgment on others. It's the same at work--some of the most talented people with whom I work have desks that they refer to as organized clutter!

roguebee
03-22-14, 03:44 PM
The ponds and fountains are almost a sure bet to trigger at least one boar (which gives me a good excuse for stocking up on mermaid scales), but they've attacked after almost any type of collection. I'm just waiting on my third visit to the troll pit, but the kingdom does seem overrun with the little beasties.

Graceland53
03-22-14, 04:27 PM
I've had my swamp pond placed and built for 2 days...just visited Old Thomas house and triggered a boar:)

UPDATE: I didn't get any of the new items...I was full on whatever the boar dropped :(

newzealander
03-22-14, 05:19 PM

These boars are crippling me!! I just wanted to collect from 6 items this morning, and I had 20 energy. Because of boars at almost every collection, I only got to 5 of them. They are ridiculous! And costing me 3-4 energy each time. This is not fun. It has marred the enjoyment of opening the game for this quest for me.

bethmadison
03-22-14, 05:45 PM
I love that... a cringe kingdom! But, that's my point--to each his own! We can't place judgment on others. It's the same at work--some of the most talented people with whom I work have desks that they refer to as organized clutter!

No one is "judging" but there is a real difference between the word *want* and *need*. You can want more space to decorate however you want to your heart's content but it seems like on every thread people are complaining about *needing* more space.

I can get rid of my walls and roads/paths and have a ton more room. Or I can pull out all five of my cottages (rarely do I need more than 1, I have 5 because of the hot Chocolates last year) and crowd my kingdom for no real reason. I rarely ever collect from the one I do keep out.

Do I *want* more expansions? Sure why not? They are helpful and more space is always welcome. But I don't *need* more space, I can move things around, redecorate (I like to do it for fun every once in awhile), take stuff away I don't need or have room to add stuff.

With the amount of current "expandable space" on the board if they released two-five expansion slots every week then it would only be a few weeks before there was no more space to expand. I'm sure they are working on addin more expandable space but I'm not a game designer or coder (have spent a bit of time learning some coding though) and it looks like a big undertaking to add more past what's already available. I'm sure they are working on it. But also pushing out new and fun filled quests every week is a lot of work too.

So I'll decorate my kingdom to my hearts content within the constraints I am given and when I'm given more expandable space then I'll redecorate again.

They know we want more expansions, they know we want a gem confirmation button and that we enjoy lots of new quests on a regular basis. But it doesn't mean we can get everything we want all the time and hounding them post after post gets a little frustrating. All I hear is one of my favorite song quotes... "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might just get what you need."

AVAL0NIAN
03-22-14, 05:57 PM
Thanks all. It looks like it is ok to place the swamp pond but not build it if you want to hunt for boars. The tusks and feral magic collection limit is a 99 rather than 30, so possible these might be critical quest items. The drop rate for feral magic seem just about 5% only (have 3 pouches now). Good luck and happy hunting.

zoo123g
03-22-14, 06:04 PM
the boars are everywhere!!

FlowerBurst
03-22-14, 06:30 PM
No one is "judging" but there is a real difference between the word *want* and *need*. You can want more space to decorate however you want to your heart's content but it seems like on every thread people are complaining about *needing* more space.

I can get rid of my walls and roads/paths and have a ton more room. Or I can pull out all five of my cottages (rarely do I need more than 1, I have 5 because of the hot Chocolates last year) and crowd my kingdom for no real reason. I rarely ever collect from the one I do keep out.

Do I *want* more expansions? Sure why not? They are helpful and more space is always welcome. But I don't *need* more space, I can move things around, redecorate (I like to do it for fun every once in awhile), take stuff away I don't need or have room to add stuff.

With the amount of current "expandable space" on the board if they released two-five expansion slots every week then it would only be a few weeks before there was no more space to expand. I'm sure they are working on addin more expandable space but I'm not a game designer or coder (have spent a bit of time learning some coding though) and it looks like a big undertaking to add more past what's already available. I'm sure they are working on it. But also pushing out new and fun filled quests every week is a lot of work too.

So I'll decorate my kingdom to my hearts content within the constraints I am given and when I'm given more expandable space then I'll redecorate again.

They know we want more expansions, they know we want a gem confirmation button and that we enjoy lots of new quests on a regular basis. But it doesn't mean we can get everything we want all the time and hounding them post after post gets a little frustrating. All I hear is one of my favorite song quotes... "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might just get what you need."

I get it, but truly you are getting hung up on rhetoric--want vs need. Obviously it is a need for them, even though they can function without it. Is it truly a need--something required to play the game? NO! I can tell that this is something that is rubbing you the wrong way--reading complaint after complaint can get old! I am just playing the role of devil's advocate--sorry...you have a right to vent as well! I usually just skip over things like that. I don't think everyone who posts reads everything else that has been posted to understand that what they may be posting is, in fact, sounding like a broken record!

On the bright side, I did read from one of the moderators that more expansions are in the works! Speaking of expansions, all of them are not that easy to obtain, considering the amount of expansion permits some of them require! They could open up the entire board, and it would probably take me years to get them all!

ghjvcucjb
03-22-14, 06:51 PM

Wow................

CottageRose
03-22-14, 07:49 PM
Well, I'm thinking "want" vs. "need" may in fact be closely tied to how one plays the game and what part of the game play one enjoys most, and may be different for each person.

I "need" space because the most enjoyable part of CS for me is building out my kingdom, consistent within its own zoning structure. To that end, I make tough choices about what buildings to leave in storage as there is no room for them without sacrificing the overall design.

My kingdom will never be one of those with high royal points, it has very few roads and no walls. I don't make dramatic changes - sweeping the board clean and redesigning from scratch. Rather my woodland kingdom slowly evolves and grows over time, through small incremental changes to make room for a new building or pond, inspired by the small coastal towns I know and love.

Quests come and go, but my nature kingdom lives on, with leaves dancing in the breeze. :D

zoo123g
03-22-14, 08:30 PM
sick of all these boars showing up. they are everywhere!! when will they be leaving our kingdoms?

dubbleyooteeyef
03-22-14, 08:40 PM

Hehe Cringe Kingdom. I'm with you, but I call mine a "Cramdom"

I cram everything I can in based on size of footprint, no roads, no decorations,just cram in every resource I can.
The only gaps I leave are to enable "reasonable" click zones.

Want vs need?
It's a game, everything is a "want".

AVAL0NIAN
03-22-14, 10:34 PM
Maybe there should be a challenge to compete for the best looking kingdom and another for the kingdom with the most Royal points. That might satisfy both parties.

Can't stand to wait for next Thursday's update. Arrrr!

555KC555
03-22-14, 11:05 PM
Do I need to have the greenhouse to craft the Faerie Elixir? Or can I craft it some place else? And also is this goal time limited? Even if I started already?
Thanks for the help!

Graceland53
03-22-14, 11:20 PM
Do I need to have the greenhouse to craft the Faerie Elixir? Or can I craft it some place else? And also is this goal time limited? Even if I started already?
Thanks for the help!

You will need to have a greenhouse to craft Faerie Elixir. I didn't see where this is a time limited goal :)

zoo123g
03-22-14, 11:24 PM
finished the quest. woo hoo!! :)

Castloninian
03-23-14, 12:01 AM
OK I did it. Went for my last troll pit visit and a pond still spawned a boar. Will deal with him when I have energy. Placed the pond but not built it, to see if I still spawn boars frequently.

outhouse01
03-23-14, 12:48 AM
Hehe Cringe Kingdom. I'm with you, but I call mine a "Cramdom"

I cram everything I can in based on size of footprint, no roads, no decorations,just cram in every resource I can.
The only gaps I leave are to enable "reasonable" click zones.

Want vs need?
It's a game, everything is a "want".

Lol. I agree to some extent. I do not NEED more space but I would LIKE more space, I have just spent the better half of a day trying to reorganise/redecorate my place. It still looks like a dogs breakfast and there are still many items in storage that I would like placed, but I don't think that is going to happen.i have 2 of each resource building on the plan and 1 of everything else, except for decorations. When I finally work out my structure, the will be the last placed.

I understand that TL have my projects in hand, and not just CS, however, you cannot release all of the recent buildings/structures/ponds etc with large footprints and not provide room for them.

I don't NEED, but I WANT, so that I can organise my place the way I would like to. Happy gaming. Cheers

echowuuu
03-23-14, 01:18 AM
Maybe there should be a challenge to compete for the best looking kingdom and another for the kingdom with the most Royal points. That might satisfy both parties.

Can't stand to wait for next Thursday's update. Arrrr!

I second this idea.

ciarjen
03-23-14, 02:49 AM
How do I start a thread? New at this and old Meemaw needs help!!!

At the top of this page, just above "reply to this thread" click on the link Castle Story Discussions.

There will be a link at the top of the page "post new thread"

outhouse01
03-23-14, 03:14 AM
OK I did it. Went for my last troll pit visit and a pond still spawned a boar. Will deal with him when I have energy. Placed the pond but not built it, to see if I still spawn boars frequently.

I gave up and just placed the swamp. Have been able to do so for the last 12 hours but wanted to get at least 5 of the feral magic. Ended up with 3 of them and 22 boar tusks, along with umpteen dozen furs, teeth etc that I am maxed out on.

Could not deal with the energy drain anymore, so swampy, here we come. Cheers

infinitelove19
03-23-14, 03:38 AM
For those who have the new swamp, what are you getting when you collect?

So far I've mostly gotten the usual pond items of water, scales & fish, but once I got a troll essence... wonder if there are any other rare drops....

zoo123g
03-23-14, 03:48 AM

So far I've mostly gotten the usual pond items of water, scales & fish, but once I got a troll essence... wonder if there are any other rare drops....

yeah troll essence and fish and water

outhouse01
03-23-14, 03:58 AM

First collection, 3 water.

roguebee
03-23-14, 06:03 AM
Same here, first collection 3 waters, and the trolls are back. Seems like when the boars had overrun the kingdom, the troublesome trolls went into hiding.

ciarjen
03-23-14, 06:14 AM
I had enough with the boars, I got some magic and some tusks but they were a huge energy drain. I crafted the Faerie Elixir and then visited the Troll Pit, the story then said to place the swamp pond to keep the boars away.

I have placed the pond but not built it yet as I need more mushrooms but the trolls are now back while I am collecting them. Not seen a boar though :)

poppelia
03-23-14, 06:17 AM
Great idea

poppelia
03-23-14, 06:19 AM
Great idea, best decorated kd and most rp kd ( but according to level)

labsandboxers
03-23-14, 07:08 AM
I love the idea for best kd but those of us who need expansions ours will look crowded

dng1234
03-23-14, 07:27 AM
These boars are an energy suck! I've gotten 9 boars checking 10 various watering holes this am.

Bring back the trolls. At least with them you at least break even on the energy.

doobievilla
03-23-14, 07:50 AM
These boars are an energy suck! I've gotten 9 boars checking 10 various watering holes this am.

Bring back the trolls. At least with them you at least break even on the energy.

On average I am beating a DB with only around 4 energy used. It seems if you attack immediatly and use the left weapon appears to work best for me. Any delay in time beating it seems to zap most energy. In fact on 2 nd account i just beat one starting at 45 energy. 1 energy to open well. Boar pops and i **** it. Ended with 41 energy. I got 3 double hits on that one

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-23-14, 07:52 AM
These boars are crippling me!! I just wanted to collect from 6 items this morning, and I had 20 energy. Because of boars at almost every collection, I only got to 5 of them. They are ridiculous! And costing me 3-4 energy each time. This is not fun. It has marred the enjoyment of opening the game for this quest for me.

Do what I do ...when I have tons of things to collect & don't want a boar showing up on every other one, I purposely spawn a boar at 1 of my out-of-the-way wells FIRST, then just let him hang out there so I can get my business done, lol....then I'll get to him later -- or maybe not, maybe his red/blueish-grey hindend can just stand there & menacingly brood for awhile til I FEEL like dealing with him, no rush. He's on MY time table, not the other way around. LOL

Ps. I feel like a moderator now, lol but can we keep it on topic and not on want/need of new expansions....THAT is now a broken record. Lol *running away* lol

noahszoo1
03-23-14, 07:54 AM
Thanks I literally just found that ponds seem to be the trick so far.

I have met all criteria for playing this quest, & I've tapped
everything To get the boar out... Mushrooms, water, deep mines
and royal buildings for 3 days now. Please, please help me!!

doobievilla
03-23-14, 07:55 AM
Well i think its a good thing we can still spawn before we place swamp. I think these items we get will be very handy later

meme1098
03-23-14, 08:07 AM
I gave up and just placed the swamp. Have been able to do so for the last 12 hours but wanted to get at least 5 of the feral magic. Ended up with 3 of them and 22 boar tusks, along with umpteen dozen furs, teeth etc that I am maxed out on.

Same here, since I wasn't getting anything unique & lost from 3-4 energy on each boar. So I went ahead yesterday & placed the swamp. Buuuutttt.....this morning collecting from 2 regular mines, you guessed it, 2 boars appeared. Ugh...got nothing at all from them.
Swamp hasn't given me anything unique either, just water & fish.

roguebee
03-23-14, 08:16 AM
2nd and 3rd collection from swamp gave me mermaid scales.

oliverrr11
03-23-14, 09:50 AM

If you are talking about the first boar to start the quest, I think only the sparkling mine triggers it. Not 100% sure, but that's where mine started.

Castloninian
03-23-14, 10:24 AM

Same here. Did get 25 tusks and 5 magic bags but it took a lot of energy and patience.

ghjvcucjb
03-23-14, 11:20 AM

The quest is activated after you defeat your first boar. You get your first boar by collecting from the regular mine but it's not a guaranteed drop. It took me 4 collections to get my first boar. I have a neighbor who took 7 collections from regular mines before hers was activated. Once you defeat the first boar, the quest dialogue will pop up.

hawkeye58
03-23-14, 01:31 PM
Hello! Been lurking for about a year learning from all the old timers! Finished the swamp a few days ago and wished I would have waited. Have not seen a boar since and it seems like some of the items will be needed later.

FlowerBurst
03-23-14, 02:33 PM
Hello! Been lurking for about a year learning from all the old timers! Finished the swamp a few days ago and wished I would have waited. Have not seen a boar since and it seems like some of the items will be needed later.

I just finished my swampy pond too--I got so tired of using all my energy on the dire boars--just could not take it any longer! My concern is that I did not receive even one Feral Magic Pouch! I read that the boars will still appear, just not as often. Hope so!

labsandboxers
03-23-14, 02:59 PM
I've finished the swamp yesterday. And I still get boars

FlowerBurst
03-23-14, 03:17 PM
I've finished the swamp yesterday. And I still get boars

Do they drop anything?

oliverrr11
03-23-14, 03:24 PM
Do they drop anything?

Yes. Finished pond yesterday and boars quieted down. Got one at a mine today and it dropped tusks.

FlowerBurst
03-23-14, 03:27 PM
Yes. Finished pond yesterday and boars quieted down. Got one at a mine today and it dropped tusks.

Yes! There is still hope! Thank you!

jptheripper
03-23-14, 03:40 PM
30 tusks, 1 feral magic.

jaybay1147
03-23-14, 04:38 PM
Ended up getting the swamp early Friday. :3

But all seems complete now, and apparently there's another part to this story line. Can't wait to see what comes! >:D

oliverrr11
03-23-14, 05:22 PM
4 more parts

GC5410
03-23-14, 07:03 PM
Placed my swamp on Friday, but still putting off finishing building it just in case the boars become less frequent. I've got 30 tusks and 5 magic - not sure how much longer to put it off for.

Queenzod
03-23-14, 07:07 PM

We don't know if or when any boar items will be needed, so don't panic. I, too, just went ahead, skipped the troll pit and built the swamp and kinda wish I hadn't, but if we need those things later, we'll be able to get them. They have to let us get more stuff if the items are needed. Plus, there's still things like fey crystals that have no use yet. I absolutely refuse to panic about it. TL knows people skip ahead with gems and they must have taken that into account.

Maybe I'm just being hopeful. :)

elaur
03-23-14, 09:57 PM
I built it but the quest for building didn't complete.

schmookis
03-23-14, 10:51 PM
I built it but the quest for building didn't complete.

I had to collect from mine the first time to get my quest to complete.

Castloninian
03-23-14, 11:19 PM
Placed my swamp on Friday, but still putting off finishing building it just in case the boars become less frequent. I've got 30 tusks and 5 magic - not sure how much longer to put it off for.

I would call it a day and place it. My goal was 5 magic bags and I had fewer but still 20+ tusks.

pixieblob
03-24-14, 01:00 AM
I'm waiting on living wood to be able to complete my swamp. I've not had any drop from the sawmill for the last few collections so I'm having to chop trees and make it.

eva178
03-24-14, 01:35 AM
I don't have find a Boar yet to start this quest line, have collecting my mines, pond, and wells etc. but still nothing...
Helluhp?!?!?

eva178
03-24-14, 04:13 AM
Still no boars at my kingdom.... I am at level 43, have my troll king defended, there are no other monsters at my kingdom.
So I don't know what the problem is, how do I get the boar triggers?!?
Help please,
Thanks!

eva178
03-24-14, 04:15 AM
P.s. Have already re-installed my game, but still nothing.

FigmentValley
03-24-14, 05:52 AM
I have fought 51 boars, waiting to place the swamp. I only have 5 tusks and one magic bag. I maxed out on troll horns and essences. This is annoying. I'm going to finish the swamp......

I hope I don't regret it.

katbtodd
03-24-14, 06:47 AM
I have fought 51 boars, waiting to place the swamp. I only have 5 tusks and one magic bag. I maxed out on troll horns and essences. This is annoying. I'm going to finish the swamp......

I hope I don't regret it.

I didn't regret it.... I get water,, mermaid scales and troll essence from my swamp,,, and I still get the boar,,,

katbtodd
03-24-14, 06:48 AM
I would call it a day and place it. My goal was 5 magic bags and I had fewer but still 20+ tusks.

You will still get the boar after you place the swamp... Just not ever time you turn around,,

stuffedmounts
03-24-14, 08:26 AM

You might think that sounds good on paper but the truth is TL is trying to run a business. Their customers are giving them feedback and like any sane company, they should be listening to it. This isn't about need vs. want, this is about providing the best experience across the widest base possible - it's about making money. The more you ignore customer feedback, the more customers you lose over time. Eventually your business becomes unsustainable due to loss of revenue. That's a terrible model to follow.

As far as what people are asking for, none of it is unreasonable and none of it should take tremendous effort to implement unless the code design is absolutely horrible. I don't know what TL's TODO list looks like, I don't know how competent their programmers & management is, I don't know what their company priorities are, and I don't know how their resources are being used. Time will tell but regardless the future only holds one of two scenarios. Either Castle Story serves peoples entertainment needs and continues as active software, or it doesn't and is discontinued as has been the case with many other games. Listening to feedback gets you one of the possible futures, ignoring feedback gets you the other. Care to guess which goes with which?

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-24-14, 08:40 AM
And back on topic....

I have my swamp placed but not built because I'm lacking 5 troll essence...and for the life of me canNOT get a troll...just boars, & a LOT of them. How can I get a TROLL when all the usual things won't spawn one since they're steering clear of the boars & I need essence that the boars aren't dropping (& not a single feral magic either)...do I have to just wait it out & hope the troll pit drops one/day, so I can get this swamp actually built??

Grrr...just did my troll pit collection for today & it gave me bones that I can't hold cuz I'm full. *sigh* I guess another day w/no troll essence...& the wait continues...

parlski
03-24-14, 09:12 AM
You will still get the boar after you place the swamp... Just not ever time you turn around,,

I have not seen one boar since placing the swamp. I managed to collect 3 magic and about 13 horns. wonder what they'll be used for (he says with excitement)

stuffedmounts
03-24-14, 09:15 AM
I feel your pain NorthWoodsKingdom. Previously I was getting troll essence at a decent rate (though it could have been better) while trying to make materials to go on the desert quest in hopes of getting that g.d. burning ember. Now, troll essence seems almost as rare as the burning ember. :mad:

stuffedmounts
03-24-14, 09:17 AM
I have not seen one boar since placing the swamp. I managed to collect 3 magic and about 13 horns. wonder what they'll be used for (he says with excitement)
So far the only thing my swamp has produced is water! That's just as irritating as when SirP gives water!

vitriolicheart
03-24-14, 09:24 AM
Oh man, this is getting crazy. I have managed to trigger 3 since this started. Yep, three. I usually get them all the time.
*sigh*

Queenzod
03-24-14, 09:44 AM
So far the only thing my swamp has produced is water! That's just as irritating as when SirP gives water!

Hang in there! I got 3 troll essences yesterday!

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-24-14, 09:52 AM
LOL!!...but *I* need 5 troll essences to finish building the dang thing! Lol

eva178
03-24-14, 10:13 AM
Guess I'm just stuppid because I can't find the TRIGGER to START this quest line... What am I doing wrong?!?
Can someone please help me?!! :confused:
I have done the hole Troll King Quests Etc. 8 months ago, now at lv. 43.
Not one Boar has appare to me, so I haven't start this all.. Trying this now for 4 day's!!
I don't understand....
Have already tried to re-install the hole game, but even that won't work this time.
Anyone having some good advise for me?!?
PLEASE

I'm Despired... :(

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-24-14, 10:59 AM
LOL!... Was so excited, got a troll to appear from harvesting a row of chocolate!
....and he gave me a HORN lol.
So, the wait for his icky troll essence goes on still . . . Lol

ciarjen
03-24-14, 11:07 AM
LOL!... Was so excited, got a troll to appear from harvesting a row of chocolate!
....and he gave me a HORN lol.
So, the wait for his icky troll essence goes on still . . . Lol

I've been getting a lot of trolls today with red mushroom rings.

meme1098
03-24-14, 11:11 AM
Guess I'm just stuppid because I can't find the TRIGGER to START this quest line... What am I doing wrong?!?
Not one Boar has appare to me, so I haven't start this all.. Trying this now for 4 day's!!
I don't understand....
Have already tried to re-install the hole game, but even that won't work this time.
PLEASE

The only way to get the boar to appear so you can start the quest is to collect from your sparking mines. It only starts from the mine. It's a 50% chance though so it may take a few times to get the boar to appear. Mine appeared after the 2nd mine collection.
Once you defeat it, the quest starts in your goal book.

glimmergate
03-24-14, 11:13 AM
I don't understand....
PLEASE

Hey eva, can you confirm the following for me?

1) You are playing on Castle Story version 1.1.6 or higher
2) You ****ed the Troll King and no longer have the quest "Defeat the Troll King" in your quest book
3) You are collecting from your Sparkling Mines (the purple ones)
4) You don't have any monsters anywhere on your game board

jimboser
03-24-14, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has posted yet what the pond drops. So far I have gotten water, fish, and occasionally Troll Essence. No Mermaid Scales.

oliverrr11
03-24-14, 11:18 AM
I don't understand....
PLEASE

I don't know you, so I don't know if you are or are not stupid (one p). :) It has been posted quite a few times that this quest seems to start when triggering the first boar at a sparkling mine. It is not guaranteed, so keep trying. Get a second sparking mine if you haven't already. Hope this helps!

Edit: I'm slow at typing- there was no answer when I started, so this can be deleted

seishy
03-24-14, 11:25 AM
I really hope the boars will start showing less often once the quest line is completed. Right now I am literally triggering an encounter as soon as I defeat one and click another building. They're everywhere

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-24-14, 11:30 AM
...but do you have your swamp placed but not built??

ciarjen
03-24-14, 11:38 AM
...but do you have your swamp placed but not built??

I have it placed and built.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-24-14, 11:40 AM
Ah see, that's my prob, can't get trolls for essence cuz boars have overrun my kingdom so I CAN build it lol..but I'll give red shrooms a shot, thx :)

eva178
03-24-14, 11:42 AM
Hey eva, can you confirm the following for me?

1) You are playing on Castle Story version 1.1.6 or higher
2) You ****ed the Troll King and no longer have the quest "Defeat the Troll King" in your quest book
3) You are collecting from your Sparkling Mines (the purple ones)
4) You don't have any monsters anywhere on your game board

1) YES
2) YES
3) YES Done that more than 10 times
4) Nope, I do still get new ones (Trolls, Fangbeasts) but I **** them right ahead.

glimmergate
03-24-14, 11:55 AM
1) YES
2) YES
3) YES Done that more than 10 times
4) Nope, I do still get new ones (Trolls, Fangbeasts) but I **** them right ahead.

Thank you eva! We are looking into this right now.

If anyone else is having problems spawning the first Boar please post here and let me know.

kudukuda
03-24-14, 12:33 PM
Once i placed my swamp i noticed that the energy return on the boars was higher than before. It took me on average 6 swipes to get the boar and i usually got back around five, whereas before I needed 7-8 swipes and got back 3-4 energy.
I've just built the swamp as well, so i am hoping to see less boars, but if the return on energy goes up then I will be happy to collect the magic dust and tusks.
Now that we have a pact with the trolls will they stop bugging us? Or will it be like with the fairies whereby we built them a respite to free them, and yet we still get farie jars....?

Liloze
03-24-14, 01:07 PM
I am one step before building the Swampy Pond. I need to visit the Troll pit one last time ( until tomorrow as I never speed things up ) .
My problem is that I am SWAMPED with Dire Boars ! I cannot touch a pond or a building without getting a DB. In the ladt half an hour I got more than 25 DB appearing one after the other, Consecutively wasting my energy fighting them! It is becoming ANNOYING:mad:
And what do I get from them FUR ! I only have 8 tusks and 2 Feral Magic the rest is FUR!
Eveything is giving me FUR these days bcz I don't need them anymore Manticore/ Fang Beast/ Skunkupine/ Reindeer Stable -and now Dire Boar , I thought we would something else!
But really isn't there a quota for how many we get / day this is draining my energy and am unable to collect anything!

Queenzod
03-24-14, 01:22 PM
Liloze, I would stop collecting anything and just put your game on hold until you can collect from the pit. Annoying, yes. But more annoying than getting 2 trillion boar? That's up to you...

eva178
03-24-14, 01:48 PM
Thank you eva! We are looking into this right now.

If anyone else is having problems spawning the first Boar please post here and let me know.

Just Got My First DIRE BOAR!!! And now I have been started this quest line!!! Yeahh!!! :cool:

Liloze
03-24-14, 01:51 PM
Liloze, I would stop collecting anything and just put your game on hold until you can collect from the pit. Annoying, yes. But more annoying than getting 2 trillion boar? That's up to you...

Lol :D that's what I did I am just collecting from things I know won't trigger any DB. I will wait until I collect from the Troll Pit to go about the usual business. :eek:

glimmergate
03-24-14, 01:51 PM
Just Got My First DIRE BOAR!!! And now I have been started this quest line!!! Yeahh!!! :cool:

Awesome!

SpiritWind00
03-24-14, 02:04 PM

I finished my swamp on Friday and have not had a single boar turn up since then. Glimmergate: is that right? I would have thought at least a small return after the required 8. I've even resorted to storing my swamp to see whether that gets them back.

Yes I've force closed etc etc... I've read every post on this thread and it seems some are getting boars after placing the swamp, just not as regular which is fine, but to have none... Just checking whether this is right or not. I have no other beasties in my kingdom. Can a Moderator please confirm whether or not this is normal please. Thanks heaps...

kooky panda
03-24-14, 02:05 PM
I finished my swamp on Friday and have not had a single boar turn up since then. Glimmergate: is that right? I would have thought at least a small return after the required 8. I've even resorted to storing my swamp to see whether that gets them back.

Yes I've force closed etc etc... I've read every post on this thread and it seems some are getting boars after placing the swamp, just not as regular which is fine, but to have none... Just checking whether this is right or not. I have no other beasties in my kingdom. Can a Moderator please confirm whether or not this is normal please. Thanks heaps...
I will check on it. I have not gotten one boar since I placed my swamp.

maguar
03-24-14, 02:50 PM
And back on topic....

I have my swamp placed but not built because I'm lacking 5 troll essence...and for the life of me canNOT get a troll...just boars, & a LOT of them. How can I get a TROLL when all the usual things won't spawn one since they're steering clear of the boars & I need essence that the boars aren't dropping (& not a single feral magic either)...do I have to just wait it out & hope the troll pit drops one/day, so I can get this swamp actually built??

Grrr...just did my troll pit collection for today & it gave me bones that I can't hold cuz I'm full. *sigh* I guess another day w/no troll essence...& the wait continues...

When I placed my swamp I couldn't build it as I needed to get 10 troll essence. Couldn't spawn a troll at all. Got 1 from the troll pit and 1 from a dire boar. I have now managed to get up to 9. This has been mostly collecting from my red mushroom circles as they can trigger trolls and don't seem to trigger boars.

oliverrr11
03-24-14, 02:52 PM

Yay!!!

oliverrr11
03-24-14, 02:55 PM

They are rare but still there. Since placing pond I got 2 -one at one of the mines(don't remember which) and another was triggered at the tabernum. Both gave tusks.

hawkeye58
03-24-14, 03:02 PM
I've expended at least 260 energy and have not received one boar since placing the swamp. I am reloading stocks of just bout everything so it is not a waste of energy at all to me. I enjoy the game and just roll with whatever pops up!

glimmergate
03-24-14, 03:27 PM

The boars will still spawn, but at a much reduced rate. We're not done with them yet, so don't worry - things will sort themselves out soon. For now, enjoy the reprieve :)

stuffedmounts
03-24-14, 03:47 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has posted yet what the pond drops. So far I have gotten water, fish, and occasionally Troll Essence. No Mermaid Scales.

The only thing I've gotten after checking it a bunch of times is water and 1 mermaid scale. Not exactly happy with those drops.

Edit: 9 collections since I posted the above. First: 3 water, 1 mermaid scale. Second: 1 water. Third: water (full). Fourth: water (full). Fifth: water (full). Sixth: fish (full). Seventh: water (full). Eighth: water (full). Ninth: water (full).

So basically this thing is just a pond with a much lower mermaid scale drop rate.

Edit 2: I've collected from the swamp at least another 10 times now and nothing but water. What a waste of space.

Queenzod
03-24-14, 04:09 PM
The only thing I've gotten after checking it a bunch of times is water and 1 mermaid scale. Not exactly happy with those drops.

Anything that gives troll essence is welcome in my kingdom!

jerirat
03-24-14, 04:48 PM
I've had at least 3 dire boars since I finished my swamp yesterday. The living wood was my bottleneck.

netaoneneal
03-24-14, 04:57 PM
Why can't we post on the face book page??? I know that teamlava prefers that we use the forum but a lot of us would like to post on Facebook!

djcarrots
03-24-14, 06:21 PM
yes I am also having problems triggering a boar, and meet all of kooky pandas criteria :) some help would be greatly appreciated! cheers

LadyFencer
03-24-14, 06:44 PM
Aha! I spoke too soon, they're back!

I'm pretty sure they are holed up somewhere breeding more for later.

vednir
03-24-14, 07:35 PM
My first feral magic and 17 tusks. I'm going to hold off on building the swampy pond until the week's update occurs since it's very likely the feral magic is going to be necessary at some point in time in the future and the drop rate seems to be at the level of living wood or worse.

analine
03-24-14, 10:52 PM
Does anybody know if the boars will disappear after building the swampy pond? If yes, I'm going to hold off making it to collect the tusks & feral magic. =]

Btw it's interesting that the boars appear almost everytime I collect from ponds or wells

Castloninian
03-24-14, 11:57 PM
Does anybody know if the boars will disappear after building the swampy pond? If yes, I'm going to hold off making it to collect the tusks & feral magic. =]

Btw it's interesting that the boars appear almost everytime I collect from ponds or wells

They become very rare. I've not seen one since. However the tusks and magic are rare and ultra rare drops, so prepare to fight off many boars for only a few goodies.

lordviv
03-25-14, 12:03 AM

Built the swamp 2 days back, triggered a boar while collecting from my regular mine today, dropped 2 boar tusks.

Anyuszko
03-25-14, 02:17 AM
Currently at 47 tusks and 10 magic. Enjoying fighting with these boars, I have nothing else to do, no more quest waits. (Putted but not built swamp)

sarahlee86
03-25-14, 05:39 AM
Has anyone had an issue with the game not registering the building of the swamp? I finally got the 10 troll essence to build mine this morning but the goal is still shown as incomplete. I've force closed the app but that didn't help. Any advice?

sarahlee86
03-25-14, 05:46 AM
Has anyone had an issue with the game not registering the building of the swamp? I finally got the 10 troll essence to build mine this morning but the goal is still shown as incomplete. I've force closed the app but that didn't help. Any advice?

Never mind! The goal registered once I collected from the swamp :)

uf126
03-25-14, 09:56 AM
Wells and ponds it is!
Thanks

uf126
03-25-14, 09:58 AM
I spawn a boar on almost every collection from wells and ponds.

Wells and ponds indeed!
Thanks

bethmadison
03-25-14, 10:38 AM
You might think that sounds good on paper but the truth is TL is trying to run a business. Their customers are giving them feedback and like any sane company, they should be listening to it. This isn't about need vs. want, this is about providing the best experience across the widest base possible - it's about making money. The more you ignore customer feedback, the more customers you lose over time. Eventually your business becomes unsustainable due to loss of revenue. That's a terrible model to follow.

As far as what people are asking for, none of it is unreasonable and none of it should take tremendous effort to implement unless the code design is absolutely horrible. I don't know what TL's TODO list looks like, I don't know how competent their programmers & management is, I don't know what their company priorities are, and I don't know how their resources are being used. Time will tell but regardless the future only holds one of two scenarios. Either Castle Story serves peoples entertainment needs and continues as active software, or it doesn't and is discontinued as has been the case with many other games. Listening to feedback gets you one of the possible futures, ignoring feedback gets you the other. Care to guess which goes with which?

And in the suggestion thread there is a long list of things TL has implemented based on user request. Pretty sure they will continue this. They have said they will release more expansions, but having seen "behind the scenes" in many customer orientated business' there is a lot that goes on and things to happen to be able to fulfill every request at every whim.

Interesting to see the replies... I actually could care less about what other people's boards and kingdoms look like. They are all different and cool in their own right. There are lots that have things on the board making for clutter for no actual purpose but to each their own. All I am trying to say is that if you need more space, figure out what you need to keep on your board and work from there. You can still have lots of wants. But if you are just placing things and never organizing everything yeah I could see how you run out of space easily. But that just becomes another part of game play,
How to work around it. It happens in other games and people are still playing them... Running out of hotels or houses in monopoly, running out of people or life tiles in the game of life... There's ways to work around it or rules built into the game of how to deal with it. Not enough space to have everything you own out at the moment is just another element to the game.

May it's just an "age" perspective... I'm kind of an older player :) but maybe it isn't *shrug*

Life will go on, I'm not really as worried about it as some others seem to be or think I am.

Simply giving a different perspective on what one could do to get more space...

LadyLolepere
03-25-14, 11:12 AM
The swamp is very pretty! Definitely a troll color...just hoping gifts can include stuff we can use at the exchange instead of just the same things we get with our other ponds and wells

PMonkey3
03-25-14, 11:42 AM
Why are people freaking out over where to put this new swamp from this new quest? Demanding more expansions.... I have more than enough room in my kingdom.

I hide/put in storage a majority of my buildings except for the crafting/resource ones. You don't need to have all your buildings out at all times! Some provide nothing but coins and xp points.

The only buildings I ever take out of storage are those needed to complete quests/goals. Those buildings are usually the libraries, markets and occasionally a farmhouse or cottage. You can read these forums, plan ahead and takes these buildings out as needed. Or, if you can't visit this forum and plan ahead, just take the buildings out as needed.

Why is this so difficult for people to understand? You don't need all the buildings! Put them in storage and you'll have more room. For this cool new swamp!

Thanks TL game designers. I really enjoy this game. And see no need for an immediate expansion.

PMonkey3
03-25-14, 11:47 AM
The swamp is a great addition. I am glad it drops Troll Essence!

PMonkey3
03-25-14, 11:53 AM
And in the suggestion thread there is a long list of things TL has implemented based on user request. Pretty sure they will continue this. They have said they will release more expansions, but having seen "behind the scenes" in many customer orientated business' there is a lot that goes on and things to happen to be able to fulfill every request at every whim.

Interesting to see the replies... I actually could care less about what other people's boards and kingdoms look like. They are all different and cool in their own right. There are lots that have things on the board making for clutter for no actual purpose but to each their own. All I am trying to say is that if you need more space, figure out what you need to keep on your board and work from there. You can still have lots of wants. But if you are just placing things and never organizing everything yeah I could see how you run out of space easily. But that just becomes another part of game play,
How to work around it. It happens in other games and people are still playing them... Running out of hotels or houses in monopoly, running out of people or life tiles in the game of life... There's ways to work around it or rules built into the game of how to deal with it. Not enough space to have everything you own out at the moment is just another element to the game.

May it's just an "age" perspective... I'm kind of an older player :) but maybe it isn't *shrug*

Life will go on, I'm not really as worried about it as some others seem to be or think I am.

Simply giving a different perspective on what one could do to get more space...

I do the same thing. I hide a majority of my buildings. Except for the crafting/resource ones.

If a building drops nothing but coins and xp points, I usually hide it.

I only take out the others to complete quests/goals as needed.

I have more than enough room in my kingdom. I see no need for an expansion and can't understand why others are freaking out over this.

ghjvcucjb
03-25-14, 12:13 PM
Why are people freaking out over where to put this new swamp from this new quest? Demanding more expansions.... I have more than enough room in my kingdom.

I hide/put in storage a majority of my buildings except for the crafting/resource ones. You don't need to have all your buildings out at all times! Some provide nothing but coins and xp points.

The only buildings I ever take out of storage are those needed to complete quests/goals. Those buildings are usually the libraries, markets and occasionally a farmhouse or cottage. You can read these forums, plan ahead and takes these buildings out as needed. Or, if you can't visit this forum and plan ahead, just take the buildings out as needed.

Why is this so difficult for people to understand? You don't need all the buildings! Put them in storage and you'll have more room. For this cool new swamp!

Thanks TL game designers. I really enjoy this game. And see no need for an immediate expansion.

WOW #2. I guess that settles it. Since YOU don't see any need for immediate expansions then that's that. Because what you want out ways what many of us want. Got it.

belbar22
03-25-14, 12:34 PM
WOW #2. I guess that settles it. Since YOU don't see any need for immediate expansions then that's that. Because what you want out ways what many of us want. Got it.

Well said. I like to have all my buildings out. I need the money and it makes my kingdom look more interesting. Also I paid for them, built them and upgraded them so why wouldn't I want them out.

hawaiifrycat
03-25-14, 01:30 PM
Dire Boar spotting: I have three glimmer dust troves and I spawned three Dire Boars in a row when I collected from them.

doobievilla
03-25-14, 01:51 PM
Swamp drop - Troll Essence + Water + Fish + Mermaid Scales for 1 energy.. i likee

maguar
03-25-14, 01:58 PM
Ok everyone lets keep this thread on the latest update. If you want to discussion expansions please do so in this thread (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?65659-Castle-story-team-we-need-more-land&p=860179&viewfull=1#post860179).

Gabi2111
03-25-14, 03:37 PM
Swamp drop - Troll Essence + Water + Fish + Mermaid Scales for 1 energy.. i likee

Wow!!! Looking forward to have enough troll essence to built it.

Liloze
03-25-14, 04:07 PM
Never got energy but got Troll essence and fish, water etc...not bad I like the Swampy pond :D

Liloze
03-25-14, 04:21 PM
Well said. I like to have all my buildings out. I need the money and it makes my kingdom look more interesting. Also I paid for them, built them and upgraded them so why wouldn't I want them out.

Cannot agree more with you, I have one building of each, except for 3 theatres all level 5.
Besides, Some can cope with cluttered kingdoms, I simply can't! I follow a specific sectioned design in mine, I put "residential" buildings away from Mines for example, and away from resources buildings, and every space I have is used for both aesthetic and practical ends.
I am level 50 and I finished all of my goals, it is as simple as the majority is saying, we need space. I do not play Castle Story to store my Buildings , but to use them, all of them, and show them as well, otherwise why bother in the first place!

Liloze
03-25-14, 04:25 PM
Ah I forgot I have 10 Lantern Spires which I used instead of walls when I reached my limits on the latters before the last new additions of decorations limit.

Triple_K
03-25-14, 07:27 PM

Well good for you! I certainly don't have the time to be popping buildings in and out and rearranging my kingdom on a regular basis. Besides, it's a kingdom...most importantly it's my kingdom and one of the joys of this game for me is designing it the way I want which includes having ALL of my buildings i have acquired from goals and playing, on display. I don't see why that should be a bother to some and become a topic of discussion. We all have our preferences and are voicing that...that's all. TL has been very great especially as of lately in responding to players feedback. Since the last expansion we have had many goals that included placing items that took up that space. So, a natural response would be to ask for some more space.............

desele
03-25-14, 08:15 PM
I just finished my swampy pond too--I got so tired of using all my energy on the dire boars--just could not take it any longer! My concern is that I did not receive even one Feral Magic Pouch! I read that the boars will still appear, just not as often. Hope so!

I just wasted my entire CS allocated time, ****ing fangbeasts and Dire Boars. I wish there were logic puzzles or games to be solved rather than having to **** animals for half an hour.

maguar
03-26-14, 02:11 AM
Please move the conversation relating to whether or not we need more space to a thread on expansions (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?65659-Castle-story-team-we-need-more-land&p=860179&viewfull=1#post860179) or something similar. Further posts on the topic will be moved.

kooky panda
03-26-14, 05:10 AM
Yeah finally got them to show back up- From my mines and glimmer dust Troves.

roguebee
03-26-14, 05:16 AM
I still get a couple of boars a day, but haven't had any rare drops since the swamp for installed. I figure it will pick back up Thursday afternoon.

belbar22
03-26-14, 05:37 AM
Yeah finally got them to show back up- From my mines and glimmer dust Troves.

If you are talking about the Boars, mine have reappeared today too. They are such an energy drain for little reward. I am already maxed on troll essence and don't seem to be getting much else.

It is a shame that something which looks so amazing is so annoying:)

zoom9909
03-26-14, 08:58 AM
If you are talking about the Boars, mine have reappeared today too. They are such an energy drain for little reward. I am already maxed on troll essence and don't seem to be getting much else.

It is a shame that something which looks so amazing is so annoying:)

I still haven't placed or built the pond, waiting for tomorrow's update... It will be interesting to see how the bananas (that is what the tusks look like to me when they drop) and the feral pouch will be used. It looks like the Energy Hogs drop them with a frequency similar to Mithril and Adamant (rare and never). If more than a couple of each will be needed, this will be a long goal...

AVAL0NIAN
03-26-14, 09:51 AM
Any booby traps so far? Looks like we are in for a surprise.

GBeesHive
03-26-14, 10:01 AM
I don't know what to do with myself - I completed last week's quest and it's only Wednesday. And except for the last two pieces of living wood, I didn't use gems.
Usually I have lots of leftover work to do ... for example, I only finished the sapling on Sunday and I didn't complete Griselda's ugly garden upgrade until Monday.

After all of the dreadful boars, I was a little tired of ****ing things, so I have a troll parked at the side of my kingdom. He's been there since yesterday morning; I am pretending I don't see him. Thanks to the forum, I realized that I should be chopping dead trees for the fortune teller's prediction (after I had planted, raised, and chopped six trees). But of course when the fruit came, I was full ... :)

I have no quest book - I think this is a first for me in two years of play. Hurry up Thursday!!!!

eepopp
03-26-14, 11:01 AM
I don't know what to do with myself - I completed last week's quest and it's only Wednesday. And except for the last two pieces of living wood, I didn't use gems.
Usually I have lots of leftover work to do ... for example, I only finished the sapling on Sunday and I didn't complete Griselda's ugly garden upgrade until Monday.

After all of the dreadful boars, I was a little tired of ****ing things, so I have a troll parked at the side of my kingdom. He's been there since yesterday morning; I am pretending I don't see him. Thanks to the forum, I realized that I should be chopping dead trees for the fortune teller's prediction (after I had planted, raised, and chopped six trees). But of course when the fruit came, I was full ... :)

I have no quest book - I think this is a first for me in two years of play. Hurry up Thursday!!!!

If you want to slow down your gameplay to savor weekly updates, you should try creating duplicate quest items (ie one for quest, 2nd for souvenir).

I'm also in the same boat of living week-to-week in anticipation of Update Thursdays. When my questbook disappears, I just go back to creating Trade Tickets, upgrading buildings, creating extra feasts and stockpiling basic ingredients. I've also set up personal goals like maxing out on magic fruit, golden nuggets/apples/eggs, and mithril. And then when I run out of energy and am really, really bored, I visit random kingdoms to see if I can find well-designed kingdoms.

ghjvcucjb
03-26-14, 11:49 AM
I haven't received any boars since I placed my swamp.

To the person who said they set up a boar park...lol. My plan is to some day have a dark park in my kingdom where the swamp and all the stuff I don't have room for and are in storage like the bat habitat and all of Greselda's stuff can be placed and occasionally I will trap boars there. I think they're awesome looking. So when some of my other characters are tired of pink trees, they can visit the dark park for balance!

parlski
03-26-14, 01:57 PM
I haven't received any boars since I placed my swamp.

To the person who said they set up a boar park...lol. My plan is to some day have a dark park in my kingdom where the swamp and all the stuff I don't have room for and are in storage like the bat habitat and all of Greselda's stuff can be placed and occasionally I will trap boars there. I think they're awesome looking. So when some of my other characters are tired of pink trees, they can visit the dark park for balance!

I have found dire boars a few days after placing my swap. common for me was Thomas's home.

GBeesHive
03-26-14, 02:27 PM
If you want to slow down your gameplay to savor weekly updates, you should try creating duplicate quest items (ie one for quest, 2nd for souvenir).

I'm also in the same boat of living week-to-week in anticipation of Update Thursdays. When my questbook disappears, I just go back to creating Trade Tickets, upgrading buildings, creating extra feasts and stockpiling basic ingredients. I've also set up personal goals like maxing out on magic fruit, golden nuggets/apples/eggs, and mithril. And then when I run out of energy and am really, really bored, I visit random kingdoms to see if I can find well-designed kingdoms.

Thank you for the ideas, eepopp! I have one expansion left to make trade tickets for, and for the first time ever, I actually have a few feasts ready to go.

If I get really bored waiting for tomorrow, I guess I can always release my captive troll and wield my sword ... :)

eepopp
03-26-14, 06:01 PM
Thank you for the ideas, eepopp! I have one expansion left to make trade tickets for, and for the first time ever, I actually have a few feasts ready to go.

If I get really bored waiting for tomorrow, I guess I can always release my captive troll and wield my sword ... :)

That troll may come in useful. Since the Troll Quest Part 1 was triggered by spawning and ****ing a Dire Boar, maybe tomorrow's Part 2 will be triggered by slaying a Troll? (Just a guess. I know nothing!)

Personally, I'd attack your pet troll down to 2 health, and leave it for tomorrow's update. I'm planting a full field of cocoa (60 plots) just in case we need to spawn and **** Trolls tomorrow.

GC5410
03-27-14, 03:51 AM
After 60 tusks and 7 magic, I finally decided to finish building my swamp (been ready to since Friday).

At the beginning of this thread it says "You will need to collect from the swamp once before your last goal completes", but my goal completed after finishing building it and I haven't collected from it yet. Has this changed?

jptheripper
03-27-14, 05:33 AM
70 tusks, 5 magics for me. Just placed the swamp

vednir
03-27-14, 11:06 AM
So far 27 tusks and 1 feral magic as I've been a bit busy. I'll wait until we see how far along this next update takes us before placing the swamp as I don't really have much else to do. I have a feeling having an abundance of boars will be far better in the long run than hurrying to place the swamp because the feral magic will likely be just as scarce as adamant or burning ember or purple hide.

jooli1
03-29-14, 04:28 PM
Finished the boars. Now seeking special fish from ponds, one so far out of about fifteen tries. Main concern tho is how do i get to build griselda's castle? Will that come when i get the good sword from the glimmergate adventure?

gfp60
04-16-14, 06:26 AM
Does anyone know if there's a way to stop the dire boars? EVERY time I try to collect water from a pond or well, a dire boar appears. I am almost out of water because I quit collecting. Yesterday the game was rendered unplayable by those dang boars because I used all my energy battling them.

tigarlilyvol
04-16-14, 07:19 AM
Does anyone know if there's a way to stop the dire boars? EVERY time I try to collect water from a pond or well, a dire boar appears. I am almost out of water because I quit collecting. Yesterday the game was rendered unplayable by those dang boars because I used all my energy battling them.

You can try to trap a boar or other creature (fang beast, etc.) in a part of your kingdom and leave it until you catch up, but really be thankful your getting them because you will need a whole lot of tusks, magic pouches on the next part and boars will not be found anywhere. Collect them now and stock up.

ciarjen
04-16-14, 09:01 AM

You can actually move a pond or well into a corner then spawn a boar from it and leave it there but no other peoples will appear while you leave it.

I would make the most of these boars you are getting and max out on boar tusks and get as many feral magic as you can as you will need it later and you won't be seeing the boars as soon as you place the swampy pond.

gfp60
04-16-14, 12:46 PM
You can try to trap a boar or other creature (fang beast, etc.) in a part of your kingdom and leave it until you catch up, but really be thankful your getting them because you will need a whole lot of tusks, magic pouches on the next part and boars will not be found anywhere. Collect them now and stock up.

Thanks! I trapped it because I wasn't able to do anything with those pests showing up every single time I tried to get water.

gfp60
04-16-14, 12:48 PM
You can actually move a pond or well into a corner then spawn a boar from it and leave it there but no other peoples will appear while you leave it.

I would make the most of these boars you are getting and max out on boar tusks and get as many feral magic as you can as you will need it later and you won't be seeing the boars as soon as you place the swampy pond.

Thanks. :) I did move the pond to a corner and am able to do some other things now. I understand I'll need the tusks and other items, but I had my ponds located right near my potion shops and kitchens and I didn't get anything accomplished yesterday. All my energy was spent battling the boars.

Oliver118
05-19-14, 10:39 PM
I have not defeated the Troll King yet,*sigh* But I'm also only on level 21 anyway...

TheRuneRealm
12-25-17, 04:14 PM
After reading this entire thread I'm a bit in doubt to expand to the troll king attal before having 20 troll essence ready, since it seems that all trolls become rare and boars instead come out, so it will be even harder to find troll essence. But the troll essence surely is very rare for me even now before this quest line. Could someone advice me, whether it is in fact better to wait?

SpiritWind00
12-25-17, 04:58 PM
After reading this entire thread I'm a bit in doubt to expand to the troll king attal before having 20 troll essence ready, since it seems that all trolls become rare and boars instead come out, so it will be even harder to find troll essence. But the troll essence surely is very rare for me even now before this quest line. Could someone advice me, whether it is in fact better to wait?
I've had a quick read through here too for you, and I would think it would be good to get a few more troll essence in order to meet the requirements of the current and one other in this part. You're right, trolls are more rare when the boars are released. You want to hold off building the swampy pond as they decrease dramatically once the pond is placed.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94062-Castle-Story-New-Main-Story-Goal-Guide&p=1364393&viewfull=1#post1364393
You can then collect troll essence more leisurely as it drops from the troll buildings so you'll be able to replenish your stock soon enough.

TheRuneRealm
01-03-18, 11:36 PM
I've had a quick read through here too for you, and I would think it would be good to get a few more troll essence in order to meet the requirements of the current and one other in this part. You're right, trolls are more rare when the boars are released. You want to hold off building the swampy pond as they decrease dramatically once the pond is placed.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94062-Castle-Story-New-Main-Story-Goal-Guide&p=1364393&viewfull=1#post1364393
You can then collect troll essence more leisurely as it drops from the troll buildings so you'll be able to replenish your stock soon enough.

Thank you so much for your advice SpiritWind00 :-) I've been on holliday so have not used forum a couple if weeks.
I've been extremely lucky I think on this latest Time event: rocks spawned enough trolls to get me the 17 troll essence! :-))