PDA

View Full Version : Level 90

VGailP
03-18-14, 07:24 PM
Been on 90 a couple days..am sure I need blasters to get the bottom 4 crystals..sigh..can't seem to get over 18/20

Phaedrakiki
03-24-14, 03:46 AM
Sorry... Yeah, blasters can help you get those last 2 crystals, or you can break the stumps above them and try to get 'em with regular matches (but that's harder to do if you're running out of moves by then.) I went back and replayed level 90 so I could add some tips. (Took some screenshots I'm hoping to add later, too*.)

I made sure each round had a match of 7 or more to start with (in order to create vertical blasters.) If I didn't see a 7+ fruit chain (FC) as a 1st or 2nd move, I'd restart the round. It's also helpful to start with matches that touch one or more of the crystals in that "top area."

So, blasters--as usual. Also, remember your goal on each level (I sometimes get sidetracked with vines or something else when I should be concentrating on crystals or mud, lol!) On this level, remember "crystals", lol. ;)

In the first section, I tried to make some vertical blasters to aim at those "upper area" crystals. I ended up using one blaster on 2 of those crystals. Then I cleared the other 4 with regular matching. The crystals towards the bottom of that first screen are easier to get...often cleared while making blasters or other matches.

Once your screen scrolls, you'll see more crystals towards the bottom of the screen. Clear them quickly, with long FC's/matches that create vertical blasters (if you can--they're especially helpful in the bottom section.) Once you clear those crystals, the screen will scroll a final time, and you'll be in the last section. Use vertical blasters to hit the crystals at the bottom.

(on 14 moves, it's a good thing I chose to do the yellow, would've lost that blaster to the scroll if I'd done the blue instead...)
(at 13 moves, I got rid of red at the bottom...)

(*I took some screenshots of the level as I played, I'm going to try to post them here soon, unfortunately it's so much harder for me to do nowadays, for a couple reasons...)

VGailP
03-25-14, 02:46 PM
Sorry... Yeah, blasters can help you get those last 2 crystals, or you can break the stumps above them and try to get 'em with regular matches (but that's harder to do if you're running out of moves by then.) I went back and replayed level 90 so I could add some tips. (Took some screenshots I'm hoping to add later, too*.)

I made sure each round had a match of 7 or more to start with (in order to create vertical blasters.) If I didn't see a 7+ fruit chain (FC) as a 1st or 2nd move, I'd restart the round. It's also helpful to start with matches that touch one or more of the crystals in that "top area."

So, blasters--as usual. Also, remember your goal on each level (I sometimes get sidetracked with vines or something else when I should be concentrating on crystals or mud, lol!) On this level, remember "crystals", lol. ;)

In the first section, I tried to make some vertical blasters to aim at those "upper area" crystals. I ended up using one blaster on 2 of those crystals. Then I cleared the other 4 with regular matching. The crystals towards the bottom of that first screen are easier to get...often cleared while making blasters or other matches.

Once your screen scrolls, you'll see more crystals towards the bottom of the screen. Clear them quickly, with long FC's/matches that create vertical blasters (if you can--they're especially helpful in the bottom section.) Once you clear those crystals, the screen will scroll a final time, and you'll be in the last section. Use vertical blasters to hit the crystals at the bottom.

(on 14 moves, it's a good thing I chose to do the yellow, would've lost that blaster to the scroll if I'd done the blue instead...)
(at 13 moves, I got rid of red at the bottom...)

(*I took some screenshots of the level as I played, I'm going to try to post them here soon, unfortunately it's so much harder for me to do nowadays, for a couple reasons...)

Thanks! I am now on 94. I guess you can imagine how many times I have come up one move short freeing that 3rd caged fruit,lol.

Phaedrakiki
03-25-14, 08:07 PM
Lol, yep--I can imagine! ;) You prob already saw it, but here's the link to the Level 94 thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?65352-Stuck-on-level-94), JIK...

Oh, and congrat's on passing level 90! :)