PDA

View Full Version : Do you buy boxes? If so, what's your favorite item?

dreamspooky
03-18-14, 09:14 AM
Hi guys,

I was just in my bakery and thinking about how I actually like to buy boxes. I know that some people don't because they prefer not to buy gems and if you are working for them, it's very disappointing to get a small item for 24 gems.

But I don't mind spending my money on gems because it is kind of my one "frivolous" thing to spend money on. And in fact, I have spent gems on boxes a few times will most likely do it again in the future.

I like the surprise factor and while I do sometimes get an item that I'm not so jazzed about, there have been a few things that I felt were worth well over 24 gems. My favorite so far has been the Marionette Show from the Fairytale Box. I have it in my outdoor display and I think its super cute!

What about you guys?

zeldashepard
03-18-14, 11:54 AM
I've only opened the mystery box a few times. My favorite item is also the first one I got, the Coffin Display Case from the Halloween box.

I have enough gems right now to open one more box, but I think i'm gonna wait til after this week's waffle update. I'm not sure if I should open the Cake and Tea box or Donut box.

larissa2k
03-18-14, 04:05 PM
I've opened 2 buckets of treats and got candy apple display and bat baker ,opened winters gift and got 2 snow trees,2 frosted sticks,3 ice white fire places ,1 ice shelf,1 winter shelve,1 cookie snowmen than I've opened Santa's box got 2 Santas chimney,2 gingerman baker,1 penguin,bags of gifts and a donut tree opened valentines one got love cupcake and love fireplace also opened snow box and got a shovel one time I by accident I opened spring box and got spring sectional I don't have good luck with them

larissa2k
03-18-14, 04:06 PM
I forgot my favorite is cookie snowmen in the winter box

filochick1982
03-18-14, 05:44 PM
I've spent a small fortune opening boxes over 2 years. I think my bakery is evidence of that :) I have opened several boxes but my favourite boxes would have to be the Cake and Tea box and Tea Treasure as both contain the most realistic bakery items in my opinion. I have everything from the Cake and Tea box except for the Dainty Piano but I don't care much for pianos so it doesn't bother me and pianos don't belong in a bakery anyway. I also have several items from the Winter Gift box, Sugar Fairy's gift box and the Madeline Tin box, and the autumn boxes.

zeldashepard
03-18-14, 06:07 PM
I've spent a small fortune opening boxes over 2 years. I think my bakery is evidence of that :) I have opened several boxes but my favourite boxes would have to be the Cake and Tea box and Tea Treasure as both contain the most realistic bakery items in my opinion. I have everything from the Cake and Tea box except for the Dainty Piano but I don't care much for pianos so it doesn't bother me and pianos don't belong in a bakery anyway. I also have several items from the Winter Gift box, Sugar Fairy's gift box and the Madeline Tin box, and the autumn boxes.

I lust after the Pastry Hub lol, but I think I will wait until I have more money to blow on gems, especially since it's the exceptional item and i'll probably need a fortune lol.

I really want that Donut Tower from the Donut Box.

Darn it, i'm gonna end up spending ALL of my "fun money" on gems.

dreamspooky
03-18-14, 06:11 PM

I like the Tea Treasure box as well, except that giant kitten in a cup. : o

I have the piano fountain, which I do like in an outdoor display, but the others can look a little... misplaced. lol

tennysonrobin
03-18-14, 06:27 PM
I used to stick with the rule 'no box' for quite a long time before saving so many gems that I didn't know what to spend for. So I started buying and I have to say it was like drugs, once you do you just can't stop :) I have wasted so many gems on boxes: mother's day, pastel package, autumn box (can't remember), xmas box... I don't buy gems but I've had a lot of them since I won a contest. When I choose a box usually I see all the items, if they all look great or at least not ugly I'll buy, because the possibility for getting 3rd - 4th place items is really high. My fav one is 2nd place from pastel package: spring sectional. Though the rest is really disappointing.

Now I don't buy boxes anymore. That's enough for me, now I'm saving gems for something less risky like Black Friday, or other gem items available at the store, wallpapers and tiles... I still love them, but it turns out that box items don't go very well with other decorations at least in my bakery. Almost all of them are currently stored in my storage, and it's such a total waste. The point is to have a cute bakery, not items "you can't obtain anywhere" if those can't be placed together with the others

CuteTali
03-18-14, 06:31 PM
My favorite box in Bakery is the Sugar Fairy's Gift. Favorite items is Princess's Guests, 2nd prize (which I haven't had luck with) and the Hunny Bunny, 4th prize (which took 5 tries to get). Pictures below:
http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u432/Dana1216/bakery_story-2013-09-19-05-28-47_zps28a5d5ac.png

orleansparish
03-18-14, 06:34 PM
One of the newest cutest boxes is the sugar fairy, followed by the pastel one. I had horrible luck with the both of them. With only 4th and one 3rd place item. The tea box has this lovely fountain I love seeing around. The old school boxed hold my heart however and the duck fountain is the best item. Followed by the Eiffel Tower that took forever to win. I'd have to see this jaw dropping item to make me buy a mass amount of gems again like I used to.

I've understood that my luck isn't the same and have the patience to wait until December to see what we could be offered.

dreamspooky
03-18-14, 07:45 PM
Yes, I love the Princess' Guests! I think I will try that box next because I think most of the other items are cute.

I like the duck fountain also but I think it would look silly in my small bakery. Perhaps as I expand! :3

zeldashepard
03-19-14, 09:27 PM
Boo, I opened the Donut box several times, hoping for the Donut Tower, but nada :(

I did get the Donut Vending Machine which is really adorable, but I got two condiment counters that I don't care for. I still want the Donut Wall Display too.

UGH WHY CAN'T I TRADE IN THE ITEMS THAT I DON'T WANT OR AT LEAST SELL THEM FOR A DECENT PRICE??

I guess i'll try again next week for both the Donut Tower and Donut Wall Display :/

ElaineCarrel
03-20-14, 01:55 PM
I'll buy items out of a box if I'm really interested in the topic of the box. For example I went overboard b4 Xmas and bought quite a few out of the a Winter Box and really lucked out w getting the 1st and 2nd place items. I also bought some out of the Winter a Sports box and was happy w those items also.

rosewaterlily
03-20-14, 03:30 PM
I haven't opened any boxes since last August, lately the regular gem items offered are pretty nice so I've bought those (ice cream parlor and teapot fountain most recently) instead of gambling my gems away. I do have an Eiffel tower from the madeline tin, so that's the best thing I've ever gotten from a box. Also happy with my cake and tea box openings of icing counter and tea time display. I have four other box items that I don't always display that I'm less happy with, but oh well. Plus I have some first place prizes purchased on black Friday, the mother's day pavillion, the pastry hub, and the duck fountain. I've only ever opened the cake and tea box more than once because I fear duplicate items. :P

mommaduex
03-22-14, 12:22 PM
I am a noobie to bakery story... I have been playing for about a month now.. but totally addicted. I have opened one box now.. The Candy Jar and got the Giant Gummy Bear... super cute.