PDA

View Full Version : Can we sell pets?

cosmolife
03-17-14, 02:05 PM
I'm allowed to have 3 cat bungalows and 3 dog houses, bringing my pets total to 18 pets. What happens if TL gives us a new cat or dog? Can I sell/store the existing pets so as to be able to buy the new pet?

Atm I have 7 pets. I'm thinking of buying up to the max 18 allowed by the game. But I'm hesitating because I keep thinking what if TL gives us any new cat or dog in the future, then I'd be stuck with what pets I have right now and can't buy the new ones.

So can we sell the pets or store them? When I tap on my pets, I don't see any option to do away with them? Thanks for any advice and help :)

[S8] Regina
03-17-14, 02:11 PM
You cannot sell or store the Pets. I recommend saving the space for any future new Pets!

cosmolife
03-18-14, 05:10 AM
Thanks Regina :)

Do you know if TL will implement this in a future update? Ie give us the ability to sell/store pets so we can get newer, more exciting pets? I'm at the stage in my game where I'm beginning to build up lots of coins and gems. I would like to buy pets but am held back because I know that once I buy a pet, I'm stuck with it till the end of time. Just doesn't sound exciting :(

I mean don't TL want me to spend my coins and gems? Then please make it so I can sell or store an animal that I no longer want.

iggychic
03-18-14, 08:29 AM
It's frankly rediculous for stormy to think we will save for a pet that at this time does not exist. That's like saving money just in case the smithsonian might want to sell a trex skeleton. In reality if you want us to spend coins or gems on pets we should be able to sell or store animals. I personally would buy three different cats but can't because I have christmas cats. Do you want the money or what? You certainly suck it out of us in any other way so why not true think this issue?

mamareader02
03-18-14, 08:39 AM
Ability to store pets would be greatly appreciated,as I know if we ever get those bulldogs I've pleaded for,I'm gonna need to either store pets or have the ability to buy more pet habitats,cause I will happily kiss my iTunes cards bye bye!

mymummy789
03-19-14, 03:07 AM
I presume there is a limit on how many pet habitats you can have then? I only have one lonesome cat at the moment because I cannot afford any more. But it is worrying that if I am ever in a position to buy her a friend, I will only be able to get a couple more and then be stuck. All the other TL games give you the option to store animals. Why is this game so different? Especially when space is so limited too!!!

kc4388
03-20-14, 03:28 AM
I presume there is a limit on how many pet habitats you can have then? I only have one lonesome cat at the moment because I cannot afford any more. But it is worrying that if I am ever in a position to buy her a friend, I will only be able to get a couple more and then be stuck. All the other TL games give you the option to store animals. Why is this game so different? Especially when space is so limited too!!!

It's not that bad! You can buy up to three cat habitats, and each of them houses three cats.

cosmolife
03-20-14, 04:14 AM
It's not that bad! You can buy up to three cat habitats, and each of them houses three cats.

Ummm....I'm afraid it is that bad. Actually quite bad. You see, I'm now in a position with enough coins and gems to buy all 9 cats and all 9 dogs.....the max allowed by the game. So then what happens if I own the max 18 pets, and then TL introduce a new cat or dog into the game? Since we can't sell or store the pets we have, that means I won't be able to buy any new pet. Do you see the problem? TL staff told me to save the space for new future pets. But how many spaces do I save and for how long? I want to buy the pets now. I also would like to buy future pets as well. But it seems I can't do both.

kc4388
03-20-14, 05:41 AM
Ummm....I'm afraid it is that bad. Actually quite bad. You see, I'm now in a position with enough coins and gems to buy all 9 cats and all 9 dogs.....the max allowed by the game. So then what happens if I own the max 18 pets, and then TL introduce a new cat or dog into the game? Since we can't sell or store the pets we have, that means I won't be able to buy any new pet. Do you see the problem? TL staff told me to save the space for new future pets. But how many spaces do I save and for how long? I want to buy the pets now. I also would like to buy future pets as well. But it seems I can't do both.

Well... I can see your point.;)
Where I live we have a saying that your point of view depends on where you sit. Well, I just saved enough to buy my first two dogs, so from 2 to 18 - a long way to go. But I can appreciate that when (when!?) I get to the point where I can afford as may pets as I like, the choice may become a problem.

cosmolife
03-20-14, 06:12 AM
Heehee....you'll get there soon before you even realize it! :) This is my 88th day on the farm and already I'm rolling in the dough. Don't know what to do with all the coins and gems that keep adding up alarmingly fast! Hence I was wanting the pets. Currently I have 7 pets, one of each kind. But I'm hesitant in buying the second or third of the same kind of dog or cat coz then I'd be stuck with them forever and wouldn't be able to buy future pets. Very weird. We should be able to sell/store anything so we can replace them with new stuff.

As it stands, I'm told to save space for future pets. So I'm sitting on 7 pets and can't buy more coz I'm saving space. Kinda weird :(

Meanwhile....my coins and gems keep piling up with nowhere to spend them...

mymummy789
03-21-14, 02:18 AM
Heehee....you'll get there soon before you even realize it! :) This is my 88th day on the farm and already I'm rolling in the dough. Don't know what to do with all the coins and gems that keep adding up alarmingly fast! Hence I was wanting the pets. Currently I have 7 pets, one of each kind. But I'm hesitant in buying the second or third of the same kind of dog or cat coz then I'd be stuck with them forever and wouldn't be able to buy future pets. Very weird. We should be able to sell/store anything so we can replace them with new stuff.

As it stands, I'm told to save space for future pets. So I'm sitting on 7 pets and can't buy more coz I'm saving space. Kinda weird :(

Meanwhile....my coins and gems keep piling up with nowhere to spend them...

what is your secret to earning coins? I never seem to have any!!!

ciarjen
03-21-14, 03:58 AM

If I want to make coins, I stop making deliveries/train orders. I then only buy what I need in the shop to make stuff to keep all my buildings busy, then I sell everything I make.

If I need to collect parts and XP, I will start making deliveries but I will lose coins doing that. I have found that I have to choose one or the other.

kc4388
03-21-14, 06:18 AM
is it just me or have you guys also noticed that once you discard a few orders, then it takes a while (and several orders) before the plane starts bringing anything in...

cosmolife
03-21-14, 07:05 AM

Sell sell and sell in my shop till I drop! I do very little plane deliveries. There are days I don't even open up the deliveries building. I only ever do plane deliveries at times when my shop seems to stall and doesn't sell. But there's a thread on here with a good tip to get my shop going when it gets stuck. So that means I don't need to do plane deliveries at all.

I do fill train orders, once or twice a day. Most of the stuff I make are for my train. What's left over goes into the shop. I sell stuff very quickly. Usually everything is sold out within minutes. And then it takes hours to make things again. So during that time, I sell stuff that are quick to make, like cheese, cream, flour, sugar....while I wait to stock up my barn again, ready for the next train order.

I make roughly about 30,000 - 50,000 coins per day. So every 2 days I can buy a border collie dog ,which costs 80,000. But I already own one and can't buy multiples of the same dog coz I'm saving the space for future, unknown pets! Kinda crazy way of running a business model. I mean, don't TL want to encourage us to "out with the old, in with the new"? So we get to spend our coins and gems regularly, rather than just let the money sit there getting higher and higher and we can't spend it coz we're saving space??!!

synsanity
03-23-14, 06:43 AM
From an economic point of view this isn't very smart on their part. If I have max pets and a new gem pet comes out do they really wish to deny me?

On the other hand, my game has been crashing like you wouldn't believe. Latest update? Too many pets? There could be programming details behind this they don't have time/desire to work out especially for the older devices. Just a thought.
Is my one year old iPad in need of replacement already????? Gasp!

cosmolife
03-23-14, 07:21 AM
You're right! I forgot about crashing issues with older devices :(

Thing is, I'm not asking TL to give me more than the max 18 pets. I'm fine with that number. But I feel restricted and not able to enjoy the game to the fullest, now that I have the coins and gems to buy whatever I want, and I want the pets, but can't buy them! But maybe you got a point. Maybe selling/storing the pets requires a great deal of programming that we're unaware of. And that might create even more crashing problems for older devices. Ah well, if that's the case, then I would appreciate being told the truth, so I could go ahead and buy the pets now, instead of saving space till god knows when...