PDA

View Full Version : What did you do with your amethyst fountain?

dreamspooky
03-17-14, 12:50 PM
I bought the amethyst fountain because I think it's absolutely beautiful. I want to redecorate around it but I'm not sure what to do because it's such a unique shade of purple.

What did you guys do with yours?

jopazz
03-17-14, 01:00 PM
It's pretty limited what you can do with that exact shade of bright pinky purple. If you want to match it exactly, I would definitely use the matching crystal on a table liberally. The " amour" sign from the Paris goals matches well too. I would use the rest of the space to display chairs, tables, counters, and decor that actually match the water in the fountain, because that seems like it would be easier. Your theme would end up bright purple AND bright blue.

Otherwise, if you're not absolutely set on matching it exactly, everything you have in every shade of purple still looks pretty awesome. That's what I've seen, and what I did. All the purples together don't look half bad.

larissa2k
03-17-14, 01:03 PM
I brought cause it was so pretty but it's just in storage I don't know what to do with I was thinking of taking those clear tables that are ice looking and trying to make a rock gem theme but I don't have enough items to go on I hope they bring some chairs and tables that look just like those but purple 1273012730

bobbyrae
03-17-14, 01:10 PM
Oh wow. You could do so many things with it :) Have an outdoor area fenced off and make it the focal point with cafe chairs and tables set up around it. Use contrasting tiles to set it off. Or just use outdoor tiles. Come on guys. Get your creative juices flowing :p

dreamspooky
03-17-14, 01:29 PM
The icy tables do look good.

I tried throwing some pinky type stuff in but I'm not sure if I like it.

I have an outdoor area and it looks good with the green grass but I have my st Patrick's stuff there at the moment. Hmmmm decisions decisions!

ElaineCarrel
03-17-14, 01:45 PM
Nothing I didn't buy 1 since I don't like the color purple.

dreamspooky
03-17-14, 02:09 PM

Okay... But I did, so I was looking for decorating inspiration. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm not sure why you replied just to tell me you don't like purple.

OnCloudDivine
03-17-14, 06:11 PM
I put the water tiles from the pirate update (argh!) around the base to make it look like pool extended beyond the fountains edge and then used the cobblestone and grass tiles for my outdoor area, but also switched it up with my honeycomb tile. This made the surrounding area neutral to decorate with. I wouldn't put tables right next to it by any means, because I probably wouldn't want to eat next to a splashy fountain anyway :rolleyes:

In 4 months you have accumulated 511 posts..quite a tidy sum. This is just a note to make sure you're doing ok, occasionally writing out "to" and "for" non-numerically, and encouraged to use your posts constructively ;)

dreamspooky
03-17-14, 06:19 PM
I put the water tiles from the pirate update (argh!) around the base to make it look like pool extended beyond the fountains edge and then used the cobblestone and grass tiles for my outdoor area, but also switched it up with my honeycomb tile. This made the surrounding area neutral to decorate with. I wouldn't put tables right next to it by any means, because I probably wouldn't want to eat next to a splashy fountain anyway :rolleyes:

I like the idea of making the fountain look like it's in a larger pool of water. And lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks about their bakery in real-life terms. Sometimes I don't even want to throw out food because I feel like I'm wasting it even though it's just pixels!

OnCloudDivine
03-17-14, 06:26 PM
I like the idea of making the fountain look like it's in a larger pool of water. And lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks about their bakery in real-life terms. Sometimes I don't even want to throw out food because I feel like I'm wasting it even though it's just pixels!

You're definitely not the only one! I think I devote too much of my design planning around it...the fact I do design planning probably reveals more than I wanted to about how devoted I am to this game :eek: I understand the food thing, also! Except I'm afraid my customers will start judging me on how often I serve them the same pastry :confused:

ElaineCarrel
03-17-14, 07:17 PM
In 4 months you have accumulated 511 posts..quite a tidy sum. This is just a note to make sure you're doing ok, occasionally writing out "to" and "for" non-numerically, and encouraged to use your posts constructively ;)

I'm doing quite fine thank u. I'm sorry if u don't approve of my using 2 and 4 but I find it just saves time 4 me. And FYI that was the 1st time I've not posted something constructive. I'm sorry if it upset ppl but such is life. And as 2 my number of posts, I'm on here every late afternoon and late evening and I figure if I've got something 2 say or add I'll do it.heavehpj forbid I should post 2 many times. I didn't realize there was a limit 2 the amt of posts we were allowed 2 do.:rolleyes:

Opps sorry I guess this makes the 2nd "non constructive post. Plz 4give me 4 being not on topic, but I felt that a reply was needed.

OnCloudDivine
03-17-14, 07:53 PM
I'm doing quite fine thank u.heavehpj

You're welcome :) heavehpj right back at ya

bobbyrae
03-18-14, 07:59 AM
I saw someone use the flagstone tiles, you know the grey ones for gems? And the white picket fences and columns and all sorts of goodies to create an outdoor seating area. The fountain was the centre piece and the brown and black cafe chairs and tables were spread out, cafe style. I have been trying to find that place again, to no avail. Grrrrr....i should have taken a pic of it when I ran into it in the first place. I meant to copy it or do a version of it at some point and then forgot until this thread came up.

dreamspooky
03-18-14, 01:26 PM
In one bakery I saw there were these rose-covered white columns, but I can't find them anywhere in the decor or in the Master Box list. Maybe I am overlooking them.

Anyway, this is what I ended up doing. It's kind of shoved in a corner but it looked so out of place in the middle of the room the way I had it. If anyone has suggestions I'm open to them.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2d0gqyp.png

bobbyrae
03-18-14, 01:50 PM
In one bakery I saw there were these rose-covered white columns, but I can't find them anywhere in the decor or in the Master Box list. Maybe I am overlooking them.

These columns?

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/9103e895748adbbde62f6bddf0eb11a1.jpg

They were released in a valentine's day edition I think. They have been discontinued, unfortunately. I still think these columns were the best thing ever designed by TL for bakery story.

dreamspooky
03-18-14, 02:44 PM
Bobbyrae, those are the ones. Dangit, they really are magnificent lol. I played BS on an old iPod touch a longggg time ago when there was hardly any decor and I constantly kick myself for quitting. At least I can discontinue my search. *sigh*