PDA

View Full Version : How often do you remodel?

tennysonrobin
03-16-14, 10:19 PM
Hey guys, just to keep the game fresh and new, how often do you remodel your bakeries, and how do you do it? By changing the whole layout or just part of it? And do you often come up with a brand new idea for your bakeries whenever there's an update or just follow the original style?
And money is a problem too ;) How much are you willing to spend on redecorating on average? (both coins and gems)
Thank you. I just want to know more about how you guys are playing this game :D And posting pictures of you shops before and after redo is welcome as well

zeldashepard
03-16-14, 10:40 PM
Whenever updates come out that I really like. It's usually not cheap lol, but I like making my bakery as cute as possible.

I've had the same wallpaper and floor on my bakery since the valentine goals came out, but i'm really happy with those. Those + the ice cream update go really well together, so it's going to stay like that until the next update I love.

larissa2k
03-16-14, 11:44 PM
I do the holidays and in between a frozen/winter theme than a month ago tried ice cream theme if I feel like it I will spend all of my coin but 1,000,000 for redecorating.I really get into the holiday updates spending lots of coin

filochick1982
03-17-14, 12:17 AM
I have clear sections in my bakery, some of which stay static, while others get decorated depending on the current season, holiday or whatever theme I feel like at the time. At the moment I have St Paddy decor, an ice cream parlour and an English tea theme.

tennysonrobin
03-17-14, 12:54 AM
Thanks guys, that's great. I also have different sections in my bakery: winter wedding, ice cream, green garden etc. Once I wanted to change that and make it like a whole 1 big section but it didn't work out, since there was too much space left unused. Yeah you're right, a big update going with a season like xmas, halloween, valentines offers more opportunities of redecorating, otherwise I just add some small adjustment to these areas, it's easier and cheaper.

twospoons
03-17-14, 01:18 AM
monthly-ish, though it depends on how long it takes me to master the corresponding food (i like the food i serve to fit my current decorations--now serving key lime pie, kiwi cheesecake, 3 types of green tea, plus the stuff off the actual st pat's ovens). but i stopped expanding long ago, so it's much easier for me to redecorate the whole place than it is for other players. staying small also enabled me to have a major coin reserve, when i redid for my previous design i dropped a couple million on a new floor, as well as buying new counters and some random decor.

MsBrookeNicole
03-17-14, 08:44 AM
I do small remodels fairly often because my bakery is small and I enjoy it. I have sections, so remodeling is pretty easy. Whenever we get new goals, I need to clear one of my sections to have a place for the decor as I work on them. Sometimes, I have to re-arrange things even more when I get the final goal prize as well. I'll also re-theme one of the sections when we get the weekly update if I like the things.

As far as a complete overhaul of the layout (putting everything in storage, going white, and building from scratch) maybe every 2 months and when I expand.

I'm willing to spend all of my coins, minus a 1-2 million reserve so I can keep baking. They're for decorating after all!

jopazz
03-17-14, 11:13 AM
I have a sickness with redecorating, I really do. My neighbors would tell you. There's been a few times I did it twice in one week! And even though I have sections in my restaurant, in BS my place is relatively small so I re-do the whole thing. It is not cheap. I routinely expect to spend 200k on a re-design, unless it's something I really, really like, or pretty expensive. Even then the cost has been going up, because the price of things like tables has become outrageous.
I decorate for all the major holidays, and in between I use the weekly updates as inspiration, or just some idea I've wanted to try. Very occasionally, I will have one item I really like & try to decorate with it as color inspiration.
I also really like themes. I like the strange & wacky ones, and I try to impress with the updates that people hate. As long as what ever I'm doing includes an eating area, my bakery does not have to remain "just a bakery".

ElaineCarrel
03-17-14, 01:48 PM
My place has numerous little colored sections so it's rare that I do a complete remodel. I redo a section probably every 2-3.wks cuz it depends a lot on the updates. If I really like 1 I'll do it then if not I'll wait till the next update.

mymummy789
03-17-14, 02:49 PM
I have a sickness with redecorating, I really do. My neighbors would tell you. There's been a few times I did it twice in one week! .

I think I am the same!!! My bakery is divided into four sections and I always seem to be tweaking things, if not completely redecorating a section. The top corner is reserved for seating/money making so that just gets a colour change every now and then (usually season dependent). Another section will be for the current goal, then the other two are for whatever takes my fancy!! A lot depends on what TL release each week. I have redesigned, only to love their latest theme and have to start again!!

Mind you, I have mastered all the recipes (except the new ovens) so decorating is my way of keeping the game alive :cool:

zerpiah
03-17-14, 07:10 PM
I dont think i have ever seen a clear bakery with 1 theme only. How come players put so much stuff in their bakery so you cant even see the floor?!

Decorating is fun. Im still new so the goals steal all my money right now.

OnCloudDivine
03-17-14, 07:50 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a clear bakery with 1 theme only. How come players put so much stuff in their bakery so you cant even see the floor?!

Such is the quandary of bakery life :rolleyes: Players who complete the goals each month find themselves with incredible amounts of large decorative items, and it's human nature to want to show that off and create a little 'village' inside one's bakery. Sometimes, it goes really well and a theme can be created from many smaller, sub-themes.

I agree with many others here, I usually redecorate once there's a well-developed theme I can appreciate, usually every 2-3 months. Within that time frame, I'll sometimes do some small tweaks to the design. I try to cut corners by using what I already have, but new floor tiles usually run me about 300k every time I finish a new design.

sally_brown
03-17-14, 08:32 PM
I almost never redecorate. When a new theme/goal comes out I'll redo the wallpaper if I like it, and sometimes I keep the tables, but in general, I don't change more than a thing or two here or there. I don't really have a theme, and I definitely don't have theme areas.

tennysonrobin
03-18-14, 01:28 AM
I almost never redecorate. When a new theme/goal comes out I'll redo the wallpaper if I like it, and sometimes I keep the tables, but in general, I don't change more than a thing or two here or there. I don't really have a theme, and I definitely don't have theme areas.

How can you play without remodeling??? What would you do after mastering all recipes? What are all your gems used for? XD

I agree with many others here, I usually redecorate once there's a well-developed theme I can appreciate, usually every 2-3 months. Within that time frame, I'll sometimes do some small tweaks to the design. I try to cut corners by using what I already have, but new floor tiles usually run me about 300k every time I finish a new design.

Yeah me too. 2-3 months or whenever I feel like doing. I agree with you about the floor tiles, I'm planning to replace all the white ones in my bakery but it'll take me nearly 3 million to do that and I'm still freaking out. Now the white tiles don't look so bad themselves LOL

How come players put so much stuff in their bakery so you cant even see the floor?!

I've seen so many bakeries like that. Once I asked 1 owner and she told me she just could not get rid of any decoration, she loved them all and was even willing to pay all expansions in gems just to get more room to place more @"@ Honestly hers doesn't look nice at all. Pretty much a warehouse to keep all that stuff. Sometimes less is more. Some need to go to the storage just to renew yourself a bit ;)

filochick1982
03-18-14, 02:42 AM
I detest cluttered bakeries where everything is just randomly crammed in with no thought and you can't see the floor. Yuck!

filochick1982
03-18-14, 02:45 AM
I dont think i have ever seen a clear bakery with 1 theme only. How come players put so much stuff in their bakery so you cant even see the floor?!

Decorating is fun. Im still new so the goals steal all my money right now.

Usually I have clear sections that are individual themes, but during Autumn and Christmas, I theme my entire bakery because I have enough decor to fill it up. You can see my Christmas bakery in the "show off your bakery" thread. I think I posted my autumn theme there as well.

jopazz
03-18-14, 04:32 AM
There are so many mish-mash bakeries, it's sad. The community tab is full of them. I like filling my neighbors list with like minded people who, even if they don't tip or gift every day, they still occasionally visit and enjoy making their bakeries beautiful. The game for me personally is just so much more enjoyable with decorating as the focus. If I just focused on the baking aspect, I would have quit awhile ago. :p

Acey09
03-18-14, 06:03 AM
I love remodelling! It only sucks that tables and chair are so expansive! I usually try to buy 4 tables and chairs of every type so I always have some to decorate with. Hoewever I only have the simple wallpaper and tiles. My bakery is not that large for someone with level 99. So I like changing a lot because I have a lot of cute items but they can't fit in my bakery at once....

sally_brown
03-18-14, 10:06 AM
How can you play without remodeling??? What would you do after mastering all recipes? What are all your gems used for? XD :) I don't even try to master recipes! I just like having my little bakery.