PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally sold oven and can't afford to buy one

Marlenus
03-15-14, 06:48 AM
My daughter sold her oven and doesn't have enough $$ to buy one and you can't make $ without an oven. Is there a way to reset the game or to get her going again? She's about $600 short. Thanks.

bobbyrae
03-15-14, 07:03 AM
She will just have to ask neighbours for food so she can earn money to buy another one.

wladislaw34
03-15-14, 07:03 AM
My daughter sold her oven and doesn't have enough $$ to buy one and you can't make $ without an oven. Is there a way to reset the game or to get her going again? She's about $600 short. Thanks.

Hope her friends send her food to serve

nmishii
03-15-14, 08:48 AM
She will get a daily bonus after reset, midnight PDT, and it's in the thousands of dollars. She can buy one tomorrow if she can't earn enough today.

WrestlerHouse
03-15-14, 12:14 PM
You can't reset the game. You'll just have to ask her neighbors for food or wait for the daily bonus.

angelmama24
03-15-14, 12:34 PM
She only had one oven?

ElaineCarrel
03-15-14, 05:18 PM
Poor thing, I feel sorry 4 her. I hope she'll soon b able 2 get her oven and start cooking again. I hope she's learned 2 b more careful even if it's been the hard way.
Maybe mom might want 2 help her understand and supervise her playing until she understands better how 2 play the game.
Everyone's right 2 question the only having 1 appliance cuz if I remember right we started w an oven, stove and maybe the grill.
How old is ur dtr?

bobbyrae
03-15-14, 05:28 PM
She only had one oven?

I was wondering about that too. Sounds like she sold all her appliances maybe to buy some pretty decoration. Didn't think that one through at all. :rolleyes:

Marlenus
03-15-14, 06:54 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Bummer.

She's 7, she did this a few weeks ago and Mom just asked me today if I could help her get going again. I'm not really familiar with the game, but I've played other storm8 games and figured she'd get some cash each day, but it doesn't appear she is since three weeks later she still can't afford one. I'm not even sure what neighbors are to be honest. Given she's 7, if it's some social aspect, it's not something she'd be allowed to use (or even understand). When you're 7, you're not thinking things through... but as a software developer (me, not my 7yo :)), I would consider it a bug if a game allowed a player to put themselves in a position that would make the game unplayable. I'll go google about neighbors but seems like she may have to be disappointed and go back to Garfield's Diner.

Looks like she's not the only one not getting a daily bonus
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?66035-Not-getting-a-daily-bonus

I just read up on neighbors.... not going that route. Looks like it's time for her to find a new game.

maguar
03-15-14, 10:07 PM
If you're not wanting to go the neighbour route you could consider tipping. Make sure she has her tables out. Use the social tab to visit other people and place tips on their tables. Some will return the favour. She can the collect the tips from her table for about $20 a pop. She doesn't have to read her wall so you can avoid people being mean.

kooky panda
03-16-14, 08:27 AM
Thanks for all the responses. Bummer.

She's 7, she did this a few weeks ago and Mom just asked me today if I could help her get going again. I'm not really familiar with the game, but I've played other storm8 games and figured she'd get some cash each day, but it doesn't appear she is since three weeks later she still can't afford one. I'm not even sure what neighbors are to be honest. Given she's 7, if it's some social aspect, it's not something she'd be allowed to use (or even understand). When you're 7, you're not thinking things through... but as a software developer (me, not my 7yo :)), I would consider it a bug if a game allowed a player to put themselves in a position that would make the game unplayable. I'll go google about neighbors but seems like she may have to be disappointed and go back to Garfield's Diner.

Looks like she's not the only one not getting a daily bonus
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?66035-Not-getting-a-daily-bonus

I just read up on neighbors.... not going that route. Looks like it's time for her to find a new game.

I am sorry this happened to her, but users must be 13 years old or older to play. Users under the age of 18 must have their parent or guardian's permission to play.

You can view the Terms of Service here (http://storm8.com//terms).

A. Your Acceptance of the Terms of Use:
Please carefully read these Terms of Use, which affect your legal rights and obligations. By registering for an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that (1) you are age 13 or older, (2) you understand and agree to these Terms of Use, and (3) if you are between the ages of 13 and 18, your legal guardian has reviewed and agrees to these Terms of Use.