PDA

View Full Version : Drowning in stone!

Seriously700
03-14-14, 03:06 PM
Even before I could build a deep mine at Level 22, I always seemed to have more stone than wood. And this has only gotten much worse, between having 4 resource buildings for stone vs 2 for wood, plus having the heavy wood demands for builders paste, architects paste and magic cement.

I am now at level 29 and am always maxed or near maxed on stone and blocks. I have way more fancy and royal blocks than beams in inventory, even though they are almost always used in the same quantities. I have started to reluctantly collect from my mines just for the ores, but I hate seeing the message that I can't hold more stone.

Is everyone else having this problem? Do you just max out on stone, or do you try to keep stone and wood supplies balanced by buying and chopping down trees? I would use the surplus to craft decorations if they didn't also need wood or iron.

ninjalejones
03-14-14, 03:12 PM
I am, I keep making fancy blocks to keep the amount below 99. I guess it's my inner hoarder who can't let stone go to "waste" lol

Castloninian
03-14-14, 03:14 PM
I've given up on stone. It takes too much energy to try and keep it below 99.

Cesar49
03-14-14, 03:45 PM
Shouldn't it be 'buried in stone' or 'smothered in stone' rather than drowning?! :rolleyes:;)

Seriously700
03-14-14, 03:52 PM
Shouldn't it be 'buried in stone' or 'smothered in stone' rather than drowning?! :rolleyes:;)

Good point! I stand corrected

molly10378
03-14-14, 03:57 PM
Agreed, I've been at or close to 99 stone blocks (almost ALWAYS maxed out on stone) for at least 10 levels (currently level 29). I think we need a "Deep Sawmill". Maybe you could call it a "turbo saw" or "carpenter's oasis" or something like that.

Queenzod
03-14-14, 04:47 PM
And it only gets worse! I'm always maxed out in stone and wood. Almost maxed out on beams and blocks, too, of all kinds. You just learn to let it go and be thankful that you are so rich!

Gardienn
03-14-14, 06:48 PM
Ditto all that. I maxed out on coal, too, after I maxed on lanterns and wisps, so I've started making tons of black ink. lol

freesiawoods
03-14-14, 08:35 PM
Buried in stone and all manner of blocks, wisps and lanterns too. However, I am buying trees to chop to make living wood and am not yet maxed on wood or beams. That is because we have four mines and only two sawmills!

ghjvcucjb
03-14-14, 09:07 PM
I'm Always drowning in stone, swimming in wood, backstroking through sap, surfing on the edge of maxed out inventory and currently diving into black ink to the point that I haven't tried to chop any of my rainbow pots in fear of wasting them with "you can't hold anymore...." messages.

Dreamer691
03-15-14, 12:30 AM
I'm now maxed in stone, stone blocks, and fancy stone blocks, also wooden beams and fancy beams. I don't like collecting from mines and stuff and being maxed so I just kept making them...

Gabi2111
03-15-14, 01:20 AM
Maxed out on stones most often too. I simply ignore it. :)

Gabi2111
03-15-14, 01:22 AM
I'm now maxed in stone, stone blocks, and fancy stone blocks, also wooden beams and fancy beams. I don't like collecting from mines and stuff and being maxed so I just kept making them...

Maxed out on fancy beams???? Omigosh
Going to pretend that I'm NOT jealous and that the green tinge is my natural teint!!!

lordviv
03-15-14, 03:39 AM
Is everyone else having this problem? Do you just max out on stone, or do you try to keep stone and wood supplies balanced by buying and chopping down trees? I would use the surplus to craft decorations if they didn't also need wood or iron.

Agree with you, the problem is the 4 mines v/s 2 mills. I have all 4 at level 5 and most times I'm maxed out on all stone related inventory. Coal, blocks, fancy blocks, royal blocks, heck even enchanted and ornate blocks pile up considerably. But due to lower drop rate of wood and related items, I find scaling up ornate beams for example very hard. Wood and sap to bring upto speed need energy use for chopping trees that causes serious rainforest annihilation in my kingdom every time a questline needs it. E.g the recently concluded part 3 sapling quest..

True that Ivy's hut and now the Goddess tree also will drop living wood, it's just the time between drops and quantity (even of sap from sap trees) is nowhere compared to the stone related stuff coming from the mines and deep mines. That's been my experience so far. Hoping for a deep mill or a shard from the tablet that increases wood related supply even from existing mines been on my wishlist, even posted it on the wishlist thread :D , hopefully someone at TL will find a way to address this soon.

ShibuyaCloth
03-15-14, 09:23 AM
Well as I am a very high level player (+250K XP) I can tell I am drowning in nearly every thing you can imagine. Magic cement and Ornate Beams are the only materials I am not maxed out (Living Wood is my bottleneck) or Adamant (a good iron & silver ore drain). So I don't even bother putting pots around since I have a 100% chance to get the nice message "you can't hold anymore..." With the new update and the greenhouse I have some new personal goal: max out my greenhouse. Again "Living Wood" issue.

I am even thinking starting chain production of Enchanted Silver Bar (just for fun). I still can do it because I am on my last run with Agnes.