PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story won't connect to internet

thispirit
03-14-14, 12:18 PM
System: Kindle Fire HD Version: 7.4.8
Game Version: 1.0.7.4

DS will not open because it will not connect to internet. Tried 3 different working networks. Internet and all online apps work on my kindle except dragon story. Tried all fix suggestions: cleared cache, uninstall/reinstalled dragon story, restarting kindle, and turned wifi off and back on again. Please help!

thispirit
03-14-14, 12:49 PM
Just found the closed thread: Dragon Story- Game down 11-16-13

Maybe this thread shouldn't be closed.. was having many of these issues when I was able to access ds, and saw similar posts all over people's walls in-game.. and now I can't even access ds, won't connect to my working internet network. I wonder how many others are having similar issues but don't even know about this forum? I only found it by accident. Seems all of my issues with the game are VERY common, TL, please fix.

cakeandpie
03-14-14, 06:29 PM
I can't connect either, and I'm missing critical opportunities to battle in the tourney!

thispirit
03-14-14, 06:53 PM
I've been reading a lot about this issue in this forum.. people are saying this is a common issue that has been ignored by TL for over a year. In fact, I haven't seen a response from the moderators on a single post (that I've found) regarding this issue. Unfortunately, that means we can't see if this problem can be resolved, and if so, how to do it.

MakJulos
03-15-14, 04:13 AM
I've been reading a lot about this issue in this forum.. people are saying this is a common issue that has been ignored by TL for over a year. In fact, I haven't seen a response from the moderators on a single post (that I've found) regarding this issue. Unfortunately, that means we can't see if this problem can be resolved, and if so, how to do it.

Sadly it's very common in Dragon Story with Storm8/TeamLava ignoring issues and problems even if these cause huge problems for a big part of the playerbase - if we had been paying a monthly fee it'd ofc be different, but in a free to play game developers pick and choose more what issues to fix.

But issues are being fixed, although it's done without saying, or even admitting there ever was a problem - and players not being able to connect means players cannot buy gold so i'm sure they are looking into this one...

Myself i've never had connectivity issues caused by the game itself, if it's because i try to keep both game and operative system on my iPad always updated or if i'm just lucky i don't know!

thispirit
03-15-14, 12:31 PM
Well, still haven't received any kind of response from TL. Still can't log into my game. Wasted way too much time on this game. Way too much money buying gold. I'm really miffed that the time and money I've invested doesn't mean enough to Team Lava to even warrant a response.

kooky panda
03-15-14, 01:38 PM
System: Kindle Fire HD Version: 7.4.8
Game Version: 1.0.7.4

DS will not open because it will not connect to internet. Tried 3 different working networks. Internet and all online apps work on my kindle except dragon story. Tried all fix suggestions: cleared cache, uninstall/reinstalled dragon story, restarting kindle, and turned wifi off and back on again. Please help!

Couple of things to try:
Use a task ****er to close out all applications running in the background.
Make sure you are using the application from the amazon market. (other markets for kindle fire can have issues with the game)

If you still cannot open the game, send an email to support@teamlava.com

Please note: It is the weekend so there is limited staff working the forum and also support.

thispirit
03-16-14, 06:12 PM
Anyone else with this issue, PLEASE READ!

I had to delete every single app I could off of my kindle, including dragon story. Cleared the cache and/or data on the appropriate apps that I couldn't delete. Force stopped everything running in the background.. only then was I able to reinstall dragon story (I deleted it off the cloud, too!) and get it to work again. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, though, because the game is gli. tchy already.. :(

I was surprised it started working again, as it seems most people with this issue never get back on their own game again. They either have to start over or get a new device.

Thank you kooky panda, for the tip! Please let people know that deleting apps and clearing cache on everything also helps!

kooky panda
03-17-14, 05:30 AM
Oh good. I hope it lasts!
Applications running in the background on any device will use a lot of memory and slow up your games. Even on my Phone 5s by the end of the day, I have opened a lot of the games checking on things for the forum and my games start running slow. Once I close out all the background applications I can see my games speeding up.

pod5124cra
10-21-17, 07:39 AM
Oh good. I hope it lasts!
Applications running in the background on any device will use a lot of memory and slow up your games. Even on my Phone 5s by the end of the day, I have opened a lot of the games checking on things for the forum and my games start running slow. Once I close out all the background applications I can see my games speeding up.

How do you delete and reinstall the game so you don't lose all your progress in the game.

kooky panda
10-23-17, 10:30 AM
How do you delete and reinstall the game so you don't lose all your progress in the game.

Your game data is stored on the Storm 8 servers under your Storm ID. Make sure you have a storm ID and password set up in your game.

You can now delete and reinstall the game.